Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2013-07-30, 03:17 PM   #1
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Default Flash

THE FLASH Heading To The Small Screen From The Team Behind ARROW

Despite rumours of The Flash being brought to the big screen before a Justice League movie the following year, Warner Bros. and the CW have put Amazon on hold in order to focus on a small screen adaptation featuring the Scarlet Speedster. However, he will first appear in season two of Arrow!

Deadline has revealed that the CW have put a small screen adaptation of The Flash on, ahem, the fast track. However, in some news which should please fans of Arrow (which I myself have recently given another chance and found to be pretty damn great), the creators of that show - Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and director David Nutter - are developing the series. More details are expected to be revealed at today's TCA CW presentation. The Flash will apparently be introduced on the next season of Arrow before being given his own series. Geoff Johns will write the pilot alongside Berlanti and Kreisberg, while Nutter will direct. Marc Guggenheim however will not be involved due to commitments to Arrow. What this also means is that Wonder Woman show Amazon has been put on pause. Are DC building their Cinematic Universe on the small screen before Justice League?!

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-30, 08:41 PM   #2
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

THE FLASH Will Have His Classic Costume In New CW Series; More Details Revealed

Barry Allen will feature in three episodes of Arrow, with the final one serving as a backdoor pilot for his own series. Read on for details on that, as well as confirmation that he will go by "The Flash" moniker and a tease of how the Scarlet Speedster's powers will be portrayed on the small screen.

In a conference call earlier today about CW's upcoming take on The Flash, it was confirmed that Barry Allen will feature in three episodes of Arrow, starting with eight and nine (both of which will take place in Starling City). However, he will later return for number twenty and it will be that which offers fans their first look at his world, thereby serving as a backdoor pilot for his own series. "When we first meet Barry Allen, he's just a forensic scientist...an ordinary man," Kreisberg confirmed, adding that the character and series will be grounded in the same reality as Arrow. "Part of the fun for the audience is to see how we view our Arrow take on the Flash legacy. Some of it will feel very familiar to DC Comics, some of it hopefully will feel different, fresh and exciting. The same way we approached Arrow is the same way we're approaching Barry."

As for how they are going about introducing a superpowered character to the realistic world of Arrow, Kreisberg was quick to point out that they've already thought of that and have something planned which will fit in tonally with what's come before. "There will be extraordinary events in the world and the characters will react in the same way. The fact he has superpowers, there's something more relatable about Barry among of the Big Seven of the Justice League. He got his powers by accident; he's not a god, he's not an alien...his reactions to that feel very...human and grounded." Geoff Johns was also on hand to answer questions and had this to say about this interpretation of Barry. "We're also exploring a very personal story for Barry, life as forensic scientist and the people around him, the tragedies and how he deals with them in a very different way than Oliver Queen." He would later add that they're still working on how Barry's powers will be portrayed, but it won't be just "blurring around." It was also confirmed that The Flash will have his classic costume, with Kreisberg saying: "No sweat suits or strange code names; he will be The Flash. We want to do something fresh, new and exciting and give people a real cinematic experience the same way we did with Arrow."

Unread 2013-08-01, 06:06 PM   #3
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

New Details On What Brings THE FLASH To ARROW

We know a surprising amount about the CW's upcoming adaptation of The Flash - including the fact that he WILL have his suit - but not what it is that brings him to Starling City in the first place. Until now! Hit the jump for details on Barry Allen's debut in Arrow!

Barry Allen will first appear in episodes eight and nine of Arrow before returning in episode 20 for what has been described as a backdoor pilot for his own series. But what brings the character to Starling City in the first place? TV Line has the answer. "I’ve got fresh intel on exactly what brings Central City PD CSI Barry Allen to Oliver’s orbit. The would-be speedster travels (not by foot, I assume) to Starling City while investigating a series of brutal slayings that he believes may have a connection to his mother’s years-ago murder — a crime for which his father has been unjustly imprisoned." That's obviously extremely faithful to the comic book version of Barry Allen and the investigation could serve as a basis for The Flash's television series. How do you guys feel about this news? Be sure to sound off with your thoughts in the usual place!

Unread 2013-09-04, 04:18 PM   #4
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

ARROW Producer Reveals When They Start Shooting THE FLASH's Small Screen Debut

While we already know which episodes of Arrow The Flash will appear in ahead of being given his own CW series, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg has now revealed when exactly they will shoot Barry Allen's first appearance, giving us an idea of when the iconic character will be cast!

With some claiming that Warner Bros. and the CW will begin testing actors for the role of Dr. Barry Allen/The Flash over the next week or two, Arrow executive producer Andrew Kreisberg has told Entertainment Weekly when exactly they are planning on shooting his first appearance in the series. "We’ll have to have somebody by Sept. 30, which is when we start shooting [his first] episode. So there is that timeline. But it’s been a really exciting process just getting to meet so many fantastic actors and seeing the enthusiasm that so many people around town have for the character. It’s just amazing — I have pictures of myself at age 4 holding a Flash and a Superman doll. That I’m sitting here writing the Flash and Green Arrow now, it’s more than my little nerd heart can bear sometimes." On second thoughts, it sounds as if they've already been meeting with some actors! Whether they go for a complete unknown or someone we're at least a little familiar with remains to be seen, as does the possibility of the planned series taking place in the DC Cinematic Universe. Be sure to stay tuned to CBM for updates!

Unread 2013-09-09, 04:59 PM   #5
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Third Actor Up For The Role Of THE FLASH Revealed

Late last night, it was revealed that the CW had their eye on Matt Barr and James Mackay for the role of Barry Allen/The Flash in Arrow (and later his own spin-off series), but now the third candidate has been revealed. Who is it? Hit the jump to find out!

Thanks to the guys over at Latino-Review, we now know that Grant Gustin is one of the top three actors that the CW are considering for the role of Barry Allen/The Flash in Arrow. It's apparently now down to him and (as we heard earlier today) Parkland's Matt Barr and little-known James Mackay. Gustin is 23 years old and is best known for starring in 90210 and Glee, although Barr is arguably the most suitable choice for the character so far mentioned. He also has the right sort of physique that the network so prominently feature on their promos...what do you guys think?

Unread 2013-09-13, 08:50 PM   #6
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

‘Arrow’ Has Found It’s ‘Flash,’ and He’s a Gleek

It’s been a not-so-long and arduous search, but the producers of Arrow have found the young man who will take the part of Barry Allen in the second season of the series, and the potential spin-off series The Flash. His name is Grant Gustin, and if you don’t know his name, then you’re neither a fan of Glee or the recently defunk re-invention of 90210.

“I’m unbelievably excited. I’ve been a lifelong fan of DC Comics, so I can’t be more honored and can’t wait to get started,” Gustin told The Hollywood Reporter.
As you’ll recall, the addition of The Flash to Arrow’s canon was announced at San Diego Comic Con. After Barry Allen appears in episodes 8 and 9, episode 20 of Arrow’s second season will serve as a backdoor pilot to a potential Flash series that will premier during the 2014/15 TV season. Arrowco-creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and DC Comics co-publisher Geoff Johns will write the episodes and David Nutter will direct.
“When we first meet Barry Allen, he’s just a forensic scientist … an ordinary man,” Kreisberg told reporters earlier this summer after The Flash was announced. Despite the grounded, realistic nature of Arrow, The Flash will still be the scarlet speedster we all know and love, and his alter ego Barry Allen will be a Central City forensic investigator and a bit of a comic book fanboy who’s obsessed with the vigilante’s exploits. The two worlds collide when a tragic case from Allen’s past brings him to Starling City.
“We’re also exploring a very personal story for Barry — life as a forensic scientist and the people around him, the tragedies and how he deals with them — in a very different way than Oliver Queen,” explained Johns.
As for introducing super-powers into the previous ordinay world of Arrow, Kreisberg said, “There will be extraordinary events in the world and the characters will react in the same way.
“Part of the fun for the audience … is to see how we view our Arrow take on the Flash legacy,” he continued. “Some of it will feel very familiar to DC Comics, some of it hopefully will feel different, fresh and exciting. The same way we approached Arrow is the same way we’re approaching Barry.”
The second season of Arrow premieres next month on The CW. Sound off about the casting of Grant Gustin as The Flash below.

Unread 2013-09-22, 06:20 PM   #7
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Grant Gustin Talks THE FLASH; Teases "Traditional" Costume And Time Travel

Grant Gustin - who will be introduced as Barry Allen in the second season of Arrow - shares his thoughts on this younger take on the character and reiterates past statements of The Flash having his classic costume, while also revealing that he would like to experiment with time travel in his series.

"I'm kind of running around a little bit, but mostly just for fun at this point," the actor laughed when E! Online caught up with him recently to ask how he's preparing for the role of Barry Allen in the upcoming second season of Arrow. "Just because I'm really excited...I'm a little fanboy. I'm so excited to be a part of the show." Looking back on how he won the role and whether he was surprised that the CW are going for a younger version of the character in their upcoming small screen adaptation, he added: "I got an audition and I was really excited and a little skeptical at first, because I'm a comic book fan. I know the character and know I'm a little young."

As for what we should expect from his Arrow debut, Gustin had this to say of Barry Allen, the assistant forensic scientist. "I know I'm coming on as up-and-coming in my field.He's not going to be The Flash immediately, obviously. We're going to be Barry Allen first in two episodes and then he'll come back later as The Flash. I haven't actually had a chance to read any scripts yet, so we'll see." However, just because he hasn't read any of the scripts doesn't mean that he doesn't have some ideas about what sort of powers he would like to see The Flash utilise in his own spin-off series. "I didn't realize before I started doing all my research that he can actually time travel, he can run so fast,. I think that'd be a really fun thing to play with on the show is him kind of going to different times and experimenting with that. That'd be fun."

Many fans have understandably been fretting about whether the series wil feature both the iconic costume and the use of "The Flash" codename. Well, while those involved behind the scenes have previously confirmed the inclusion of both of these elements of The Flash's mythos, Gustin has also heard that he'll be suiting up in the signature red spandex too. "I would imagine, when The Flash comes he'll be in a pretty traditional Flash costume. That's kind of what I've caught wind of."

Unread 2013-10-01, 03:22 PM   #8
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew Kreisberg On Casting Grant Gustin As THE FLASH On ARROW

Andrew Kreisberg - Executive Producer and Writer of Arrow - talks about how he, Geoff Johns and Greg Berlanti cast Glee star Grant Gustin as Barry Allen on the show and how they'll fine-tune the pilot script for him...

Follow Alex:

By Alex Lynch - 10/1/2013

Talking during Arrow set visits in Vancouver this week, this one interview (via KSiteTV/FlashTVNews) talks with Kreisberg about writing the role of Barry Allen, saying that “With Arrow, we wrote [the role] without anybody in mind, this time, as we were writing these episodes, we cast Grant in the middle of it.”. While also talking about the casting process, he also says how after the team met with several actors, the writers all started created the character around Grant Gustin's performance, saying “We met with a lot of other really talented people. Not just talented, but good guys, and it was funny, because as each of us – Geoff [Johns] and Greg [Berlanti] and I — were working on individual scenes, we all sort of came together and said ‘we’re all writing Grant.’ It was just him.”

Kreisberg also mentions that since they now know who is playing Barry Allen, they can fine tune the pilot of The Flash series (Episode 20 of Arrow) towards what they see from Grant Gustin this week on set, saying “That was different, because now when we go into writing the actual pilot in Episode 20, we already have our guy, and we’ve already seen him on the screen, so hopefully we’ll actually literally be able to look at things and learn.”

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e5M0v5YHA2w.99

Unread 2013-11-18, 12:56 PM   #9
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

The CW's The Flash Will Now Receive Traditional Pilot

When originally announced, The CW's upcoming TV series based on The Flash would begin as a 'backdoor pilot' on their hit series Arrow, where actor Grant Gustin would appear as Barry Allen before spinning off into his own TV series. Now those plans have changed. Deadline is reporting that the Scarlet Speedster will receive a traditional pilot instead of having an entire episode of Arrow dedicated to his origins. This decision comes after early cuts of his first two episodes, 8 and 9 in Arrow's new season, were well received by the CW brass.
Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg along with Geoff Johns will still write the pilot episode with Arrow pilot director David Nutter at the helm. It's not known when the series will air, but a mid-season debut has been rumored should the series be picked up.
Gustin will first appear as Barry Allen in the eighth episode of Arrow which is titled "The Scientist." Set to air December 4th, the episode is described as follows:
"A seemingly impossible robbery at Queen Consolidated’s Applied Sciences Division brings Central City police scientist Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) to town. Citing a similar case back home, Barry offers to help Oliver and team with the investigation. Oliver senses there is more to Barry than meets the eye, but he’s distracted by the similarities between this current case and something that happened on the island. Meanwhile, Felicity takes a liking to Barry, which doesn’t go unnoticed by Oliver. Sin (guest star Bex Taylor-Klaus) asks Roy for help when a friend of hers goes missing. Roy is surprised when Thea not only encourages him to help, but joins the search. Unfortunately, Sin’s friend is connected to Brother Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro), and their search ultimately gets one of them seriously injured."

Unread 2013-11-18, 03:04 PM   #10
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

First Look At Grant Gustin As Barry Allen In ARROW

The website, Flash TV News, has just posted the first look at Grant Gustin ("Glee") dressed as Barry Allen (The Flash) in CW's Arrow. Hit the jump to check it out.

Follow nailbiter111:

By nailbiter111 - 11/18/2013

You can find more images from "The Scientist" at Green Arrow TV
#Arrow: 30 Images From "The Scientist" - With Grant Gustin as Barry Allen! #TheFlash @grantgust @FlashTVNews http://t.co/ImX2IE3kt6
— Arrow - GreenArrowTV (@GreenArrowTV) November 18, 2013
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...TB4qHMQ3O4a.99

Unread 2013-12-27, 02:05 PM   #11
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Zoom Coming To THE FLASH TV Show

The website, Bludhaven Banter, has yet another scoop about The Flash pilot. They have a description of a character that sounds a lot like Professor Zoom, but with a few twists.

All I wanna do is zoom-zoom-zoom-zoom and a boom-boom. Just shake your rump. Bludhaven Banter, has so far been a good source for character descriptions for the upcoming The Flash television series. According to Bludhaven Banter, CW's Arrow spin-off will feature Barry Allen's time-traveling arch-nemesis Professor Zoom, aka Reverse-Flash.
In pilot episode for The Flash, there is a character called "Detective Eddie Thawne" which sounds a lot like Eobard Thawne, the name of Professor Zoom. Now, that's not a lot to go on, so I did some additional digging and it turns out that he may very well become the villain we all know and love. The description for the character states that he is "leading man handsome" (late 20s-early/mid 30s) and has recently transferred to Central City Police Department from Keystone. Thawne is set to be loved within the precinct and takes the credit for a lot of things that Barry can't. (We assume this'll mean he takes credit for some of The Flash's work, but that's just speculation on our part). However, the most intriguing part about this character is that his past will be a complete mystery. No one knows where he comes from, and he "harbors a dark secret."

Unread 2014-01-21, 04:29 PM   #12
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Jesse L. Martin Joins The Cast Of THE FLASH As 'Detective West'

Law & Order star Jesse L. Martin is the latest addition to the cast of The CW's The Flash, and we have new details on his role as 'Detective West' in the series. Hit the jump for further details!

According to The HollywoodReporter, Law & Order's Jesse L. Martin has signed up to play Detective West alongside Grant Gustin's Barry Allen/The Flash. According to a description posted bythe site, Martin will portray, "an honest, blue-collar cop who is a surrogate father to Barry. A soulful, funny and caring father to Iris -- Barry's potential love interest -- West came up through the foster care system and took Barry in after his mother's slaying and father's imprisonment. He believes in Barry and supports his efforts to prove his father's innocence." Originally set to use an upcoming episode of Arrow as a backdoor pilot, the plan is to now give The Flash his own pilot episode this Fall. How do you guys feel about this news?

Unread 2014-01-25, 12:15 AM   #13
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Rick Gosnett And Danielle Panabaker Join The CW's FLASH Show

Deadline have just posted a casting update for the CW's upcoming take on The Flash. According to them Rick Gosnett (The Vampire Diaries) will play 'Eddie Thawne' (possible Reverse Flash?) and Danielle Panabaker (Piranha 3DD) will play 'Caitlin Snow' (possible Killer Frost!) Read on for more.

Rick Gosnett and Danielle Panabaker will join [COLOR=#2060AB !important]Grant Gustin
and Jesse L. Martin in the CW's tv series based on the exploits of DC superhero, The Flash. According to Deadline, Cosnett will play Detective Eddie Thawne, "a recent transfer to the Central City Police Department, whose past is a mystery and who harbors a dark secret." And Panabaker will join him as Caitlin Snow, "a highly intelligent bioengineering expert who lost her fiancé during an explosion at S.T.A.R. Labs." Now comic fans will recognize the name "Thawne", as it happens to also be the surname of one of the Flash's most infamous villains, Eobard Thawne, aka Reverse Flash/Professor Zoom. Coincidence? Very unlikely. Also Caitlin Snow will surely become Killer Frost at some point. This all sounds very promising for fans of the scarlet speedster. Thoughts?[/COLOR]

Unread 2014-02-04, 04:21 PM   #14
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

THE FLASH Finds Its 'Iris West'

Grant Gustin made his debut as Barry Allen in Arrow, while Jesse L. Martin was recently chosen to play Detective West, but The Flash has now found his daughter - Iris - in the form of The Game's Candice Patton. Hit the jump for further details!

Deadline reveals that Candice Patton (The Game) has joined the cast of The CW's The Flash pilot. The series is set to debut this fall, and will feature a fully suited up Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) solving crimes in Central City as he attempts to uncover the truth behind the death of his mother. According to the site, Patton "will play Iris West, Allen’s fast-talking, quick-witted best friend who is also the daughter of Detective West (Martin), who serves as a surrogate father to Barry." Patton joins the recently cast Rick Cosnett (Detective Eddie Thawne) and Danielle Panabaker (Caitlin Snow). How do you guys feel about this news? Sound off below!

Unread 2014-02-04, 04:52 PM   #15
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 250
Likes (Given): 60
Likes (Received): 1907
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Any word on an air date?

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-02-04, 04:56 PM   #16
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

nope looks like they are casting so far (beyond The Flash) obviously

Unread 2014-02-04, 05:45 PM   #17
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Variety is reporting that Broadway’s Carlos Valdes is set to play, "mechanical engineering genius Cisco Ramon (DC Comics fans might know him better as Vibe)." That's all we know for now, while it's unclear whether or not there are any other major roles left to be cast. Barry Allen's father and his bosses at Central City PD certainly seem likely...

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...frhG8yRS31G.99

Unread 2014-02-05, 10:53 AM   #18
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

S.T.A.R. Labs C.E.O. And 'Pied Piper' Also being Cast In THE FLASH; New Details On 'Vibe'

It was revealed yesterday that Candice Patton had been cast as Iris West, while Carlos Valdes had joined the series as Vibe. Now a new report reveals that there are only two more regular roles to be cast, while we have further details on the role Cisco Ramon will play in the series!

The cast of The Flash continues to grow, and thanks to The Hollywood Reporter, we now have some additional details on one of the characters who were added to the CW series last night. According to the site, Vibe (who will be known by his alter-ego Cisco Ramon to begin with in the series) will be "a mechanical engineering genius and the youngest member of the team of scientists at STAR Labs. Born into a lower-income family, Cisco's brains and talent helped him reach his potential. He is loyal and eager and provides the comic relief in contrast to his stiff co-workers. Best part: He is as much of a comic book fanboy as Barry." Apparently, "This leaves only two regular roles left for Flash to cast: Harrison Wells and Hartley Rathaway." For those of you who don't know, Wells has been established on Arrow as the CEO of S.T.A.R. Labs, and Rathaway is the civilian name of the Pied Piper, the one-time adversary of Barry Allen who went onto become a good friend to Wally West during his time as the Flash.

Unread 2014-02-10, 11:04 AM   #19
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

There's A Plan B For Grant Gustin's FLASH Should Series Fail

Greg Berlanti, the Executive Producer of Arrow and Flash, says he has a plan B for Grant Gustin's Flash if the fastest man alive's solo TV series fails to grab an audience or get picked up. Plus more on Felicity's involvement in Barry's life. Read on for more!

In an interview with Digital Spy, Greg Berlanti (executive producer of Arrow and Flash) lets us know that he has a plan B should plan A for Grant Gustin's FLASH fail to grab an audience or get picked up this fall.
"Fingers crossed we don't screw it up and he gets his own show!" he joked. "If he didn't, I don't think we would ever want to let Grant go. He's too valuable. That would be our hope, I think - no matter what, to keep Barry part of the universe."
So Barry will be returning to Starling City as a series regular on Arrow if Flash doesn't do well. He also hints that Barry and Felicity's chemistry will be explored in great detail and that Felicity will make frequent guest appearances on the Flash TV show. With the recent revival of Sara and Oliver's romance, Olicity has taken a back seat in Arrow's remaining season 2. Thus, opening up the opportunity for Felicity to move to central city for a brief arc.

Who would you like to see Felicity be with? Or should she focus on her work and become the self-made tech-billionaire she is destined to be?

Unread 2014-02-10, 10:37 PM   #20
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

The CW’s The Flash Adds Tom Cavanagh

Tom Cavanagh ("Ed") is set to play a leading role in The CW's upcoming "Arrow" spinoff, "The Flash". The Hollywood Reporter today brings word that Cavanagh will play STAR Labs CEO Harrison Wells. Although Wells is not a DC Comics character, the name was previously mentioned on the "Arrow" mid-season finale, "Three Ghosts".
Cavanagh will join Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, Candice Patton as Iris West, Jesse L. Martin as Iris's father, Detective West, Rick Gosnett as Central City Police Detective Eddie Thawne, Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon and Danielle Panabaker as S.T.A.R. Labs bioengineer Caitlin Snow.
"The Flash" arrives from co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg who, along with Geoff Johns, will write the pilot episode with "Arrow" pilot director David Nutter at the helm.

Unread 2014-02-11, 10:17 PM   #21
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Original '90s TV 'Barry Allen' John Wesley Shipp Joins THE FLASH

That's right, the man who played Barry Allen/The Flash in CBS' short-lived '90s series is set to return to Central City as part of the upcoming CW series which will see Grant Gustin play the Scarlet Speedster. Who will be playing? Hit the jump for further details!

It has been revealed today that John Wesley Shipp - the actor who played Barry Allen/[COLOR=#2060AB !important]The Flash
in the cult classic '90s series - will guest star in The CW's upcoming Arrow spin-off. As of right now, his role is a mystery, although it's thought that it will become a recurring part if The Flash is ordered to series. My bet? Barry Allen's imprisoned father. [COLOR=#2060AB !important]Grant[/COLOR] Gustin will play the titular hero, with Candice Patton (Iris West), Jesse L. Martin (Detective West), Carlos Valdes (Cisco Roman), Daniele Panabaker (Caitlin Snow), Rick Cosnett (Detective Eddie Thawne) and Tom Cavanagh (Harrison Wells) all joining him. [COLOR=#2060AB !important]Who do you think[/COLOR] Shipp will be playing in the series?[/COLOR]

Unread 2014-02-25, 07:48 AM   #22
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Yo Momma Is So FLASH... Michelle Harrison Cast As Barry Allen's Mother

Deadline is reporting that actress Michelle Harrison has been cast as Barry Allen's (Grant Gustin) mother, Nora Allen, in CW's upcoming Flash television series. Thoughts?

“My dad has been serving a life sentence. They didn’t believe me. One night, something just came into our house like a tornado — a blur. Somewhere inside the blur, I saw a person. My dad went to fight it. I went to get him, when suddenly I was 20 blocks away from our house. Nobody believed me. They thought I was trying to cover for my father. But what I saw that night was real. As real as the man that ripped down that metal door with his bare hands. That’s why I look into cases like this — the ones nobody believes are possible. Maybe if I could just make sense of one, I might be able to find out who really killed my mother, and free my dad.” - Barry Allen (Grant Gustin)

Michelle Harrison has been cast as Nora Allen in CW's Flash series. As revealed in Grant Gustin's Arrow cameo, Barry knows that his mother was killed by a supernatural blur. At times, the show will focus on Barry trying to unravel the mystery behind his mother's death. Michelle, previously had a recurring role ('Jessica') on CW's short-lived medical drama, Emily Owens M.D..
Michelle Harrison (the CW’s Emily Owens, MD) has been added to the cast the CW/WBTV/DC pilot Flash, about scientist Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), who becomes the Fastest Man Alive. She will play the guest starring/recurring role of Barry’s mother, Nora Allen. Repped by Russ Mortensen at Pacific Artists Management.
She'll be joining a cast that includes: Tom Cavanagh as Harison Wells, Rick Cosnett as Eddie Thawne, Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, Jesse L. Martin as Detective West, Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow, Candice Patton as Iris West and John Wesley Shipp as someone awesome.

Unread 2014-02-28, 01:25 PM   #23
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

The CW has released the first official image of Grant Gustin in his gear as The Flash as he will be seen in the upcoming series. Designed by three-time Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costume for "Arrow," you can check out the image below!
Gustin will star as Barry Allen in the series, which will serve as a spin-off to their popular series "Arrow" where he made two appearances as the character.
Joining Gustin for the show will be Candice Patton as Iris West, Jesse L. Martin as Iris's father, Detective West, Michelle Harrison​ as Barry's mother Nora Allen, Rick Gosnett as Central City Police Detective Eddie Thawne, Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon, Danielle Panabaker as S.T.A.R. Labs bioengineer Caitlin Snow, Tom Cavanagh as S.T.A.R. Labs CEO Harrison Wells, and John Wesley Shipp, from the original "The Flash" TV series, in an unspecified role.
"The Flash" arrives from co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg who, along with Geoff Johns, will write the pilot episode with "Arrow" pilot director David Nutter at the helm. Production on the pilot is set to begin next week.

Unread 2014-03-06, 07:56 PM   #24
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Grant Gustin and John Wesley Shipp Spotted on the Set of THE FLASH

The Flash series officially began production this past Sunday. The two flashes were spotted on the set in Vancouver earlier this week, both sporting red clothing. What do you guys think?

Granted, Grant is not in costume but the choice of clothing on John Wesely Shipp is interesting. It could be just speculation, but the red hoodie could reveal that his character, is in fact, Jay Garrick.

Unread 2014-03-07, 01:42 PM   #25
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick Sabongui Cast As Central City Police Captain 'David Singh' In THE FLASH

Another casting addition has been made to The Flash, and it's Patrick Sabongui (300, Godzilla) as Central City Police 'Captain David Singh'. Hit the jump for details on his role in the highly anticipated CW series...

The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Patrick Sabongui has joined the cast of The Flash as Central City Police Captain David Singh. He will initially guest-star in the pilot, before the role is upgraded to recurring status if the series is picked up. Sabongui has also appeared in Almost Human, The Tomorrow People, Psych, and Stargate: Atlantis. The cast includes John Wesley Shipp, Tom Cavanagh as physics "rock star" Harrison Wells, Jesse L. Martin as Detective West, Candice Patton Iris West, Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow, a bioengineering expert, Carlos Valdes as mechanical engineering expert Cisco Ramon, and Rick Cosnett as Detective Eddie Thawne.

Tags
barry, death storm, eobard, flash, hunter zolomon, jay garrick, reverse flash, wally west, zoom