Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2019-09-06, 05:35 PM   #701
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 144
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26

I'll get back to your post torque when I get to a desktop. Hate typing long responses on touch screens.

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-10-04 at 08:13 AM..
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-07, 12:25 PM   #702
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Paisley or paisley pattern is an ornamental textile design using the boteh (Persian: بته‎) or buta, a teardrop-shaped motif with a curved upper end. Of Persian origin,[1] paisley designs became very popular in the West in the 18th and 19th centuries, following imports of post-Mughal Empire versions of the design from India, especially in the form of Kashmir shawls, and were then imitated locally.[2]

Although the pine cone or almond-like form is of Persian origin, and the textile designs cramming many of them into a rich pattern are originally Indian, the English name for the patterns derives from the town of Paisley, in the west of Scotland, a centre for textiles where paisley designs were produced.[3] The pattern is sometimes called "Persian pickles" by American traditionalists, especially quiltmakers, or "Welsh pears" in Wales.

Some design scholars believe the buta is the convergence of a stylized floral spray and a cypress tree: a Zoroastrian symbol of life and eternity.[4] The "bent" cedar is also a sign of strength and resistance but modesty. The floral motif was originated in the Sassanid dynasty and later in the Safavid dynasty of Persia (1501–1736), and was a major textile pattern in Iran during the Qajar and Pahlavi dynasties. In these periods, the pattern was used to decorate royal regalia, crowns, and court garments, as well as textiles used by the general population. Persian and Central Asian designs usually range the motifs in orderly rows, with a plain background.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R909Fyu5DJA

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7DfQMPmJRI

Quote:
Tool - "Fear Inoculum"

Immunity, long overdue
Contagion, I exhale you
Naive, I opened up to you
Venom in mania
Now, contagion, I exhale you

The deceiver says, he says
You belong to me
You don't wanna breathe the light of the others
Fear the light, fear the breath
Fear the others for eternity
But I hear them now, inhale the clarity
Hear the venom, the venom in
What you say inoculated
Bless this immunity
Bless this immunity
Bless this immunity

Exhale, expel
Recast my tale
Weave my allegorical elegy

Enumerate all that I'm to do
Calculating steps away from you
My own mitosis
Growing through division from mania

Exhale, expel
Recast my tale
Weave my allegorical elegy

Forfeit all control
You poison, you spectacle
Exorcise the spectacle
Exorcise the malady
Exorcise the disparate
Poison for eternity
Purge me and evacuate
The venom and the fear that binds me

Your veil now, lift away
I see you runnin'
Deceiver chased away
A long time comin'
]

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-10-04 at 08:48 AM..
Unread 2019-09-08, 04:34 AM   #703
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-09-08 at 04:50 AM..
Unread 2019-09-20, 08:13 AM   #704
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 491
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 4157
Dislikes (Received): 125

I wonder if Oblique is out preparing to storm Area 51 today
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-20, 08:48 AM   #705
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1372
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29

I saw him out practicing for that run.

Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-09-25, 06:09 PM   #706
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=locu...ih=694&dpr=1.5

The Capital at Washington DC

Quote:
Cernunnos (the Horned One) is a deity who was worshiped among the Gaulish Celts as late as the Roman period. Over 50 examples of his imagery have been found from the Gallo-Roman period, mostly in north-eastern Gaul as well as among the Celtiberians. Cernunnos is depicted with antlers, seated cross-legged, and is associated with stags, horned serpents, dogs, bulls, and rats. He is usually holding or wearing a torc.

Due to the lack of surviving literature from the Gaulish Celts, nothing is known about this god from literary sources. Interpretations of his role in Gaulish culture vary from seeing him as a god of animals, nature, fertility to a god of travel, commerce and bi-directionality.

I went to a decadent, $450-a-ticket party inspired by the Illuminati — and it was a totally surreal experience -Business Insider

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/Me4AmsHEe5s

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKkvlNyunRk

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-09-25 at 07:37 PM..
Unread 2019-09-25, 07:14 PM   #707
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwG-CEVI4v0

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DtEcZ3cfg4

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwJDs1cg9Eo

The 13 most powerful members of 'Skull and Bones' -Business Insider]

Quote:
Prehistoric art hints at lost Indian civilization

The discovery of rock carvings believed to be tens of thousands of years old in India's western state of Maharashtra has greatly excited archaeologists who believe they hold clues to a previously unknown civilisation, BBC Marathi's Mayuresh Konnur reports.

The rock carvings - known as petroglyphs - have been discovered in their thousands atop hillocks in the Konkan region of western Maharashtra.

Mostly discovered in the Ratnagiri and Rajapur areas, a majority of the images etched on the rocky, flat hilltops remained unnoticed for thousands of years.

Most of them were hidden beneath layers of soil and mud. But a few were in the open - these were considered holy and worshipped by locals in some areas.

The sheer variety of the rock carvings have stunned experts - animals, birds, human figures and geometrical designs are all depicted.

The way the petroglyphs have been drawn, and their similarity to those found in other parts of the world, have led experts to believe that they were created in prehistoric times and are possibly among the oldest ever discovered.

"Our first deduction from examining these petroglyphs is that they were created around 10,000BC," the director of the Maharashtra state archaeology department, Tejas Garge, told the BBC.

The credit for their discovery goes to a group of explorers led by Sudhir Risbood and Manoj Marathe, who began searching for the images in earnest after observing a few in the area. Many were found in village temples and played a part in local folklore.

"We walked thousands of kilometres. People started sending photographs to us and we even enlisted schools in our efforts to find them. We made students ask their grandparents and other village elders if they knew about any other engravings. This provided us with a lot of valuable information," Mr Risbood told the BBC.

Together they found petroglyphs in and around 52 villages in the area. But only around five villages were aware that the images even existed.

Apart from actively searching for them, Mr Risbood and Mr Marathe have also played an important role in documenting the petroglyphs and lobbying authorities to get involved in studying and preserving them.

Mr Garge says the images appear to have been created by a hunter-gatherer community which was not familiar with agriculture.

"We have not found any pictures of farming activities. But the images depict hunted animals and there's detailing of animal forms. So this man knew about animals and sea creatures. That indicates he was dependent on hunting for food."

Dr Shrikant Pradhan, a researcher and art historian at Pune's Deccan College who has studied the petroglyphs closely, said that the art was clearly inspired by things observed by people at the time.

"Most of the petroglyphs show familiar animals. There are images of sharks and whales as well as amphibians like turtles," Mr Garge adds.

But this begs the question of why some of the petroglyphs depict animals like hippos and rhinoceroses which aren't found in this part of India. Did the people who created them migrate to India from Africa? Or were these animals once found in India?

The state government has set aside a fund of 240 million rupees ($3.2m; £2.5m) to further study 400 of the identified petroglyphs.

It is hoped that some of these questions will eventually be answered.
Unread 2019-10-04, 05:26 AM   #708
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y14FbLOvIs

Exodus 3:14

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyFp5joAd7s

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-10-04 at 04:09 PM..
Unread 2019-10-07, 02:26 AM   #709
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueburner View Post
I think I see what you're getting at....maybe, lol.

Is it wrong for him to want mankind to choose between good and evil?
God isn't creating the conflict, man is. God is allowing the conflict to take place, and play out the way it does, because man was/is so rebellious.

At first glance it does seem contradictory, but as I've said before, it's all about context and translation of each word, and just like the word "day" meant MANY different things in the Hebrew language, not just a 24 hour period, so does the word evil. Again, God allows evil to exist, BUT only thru the free will of men does it exist.
Idk, does that make sense?
I guess it all depends on your definition of evil. I think slaughtering entire cities of people including women and babies while sometimes keeping the virgins for themselves and even sacrificing them to Yahweh is evil. The only thing making you think it isnt evil is because a book where something calls itself God is doing it. Under literally ANY other context you wouldnt even think twice at deeming those acts evil. Something is either wrong or it isn't. Who's doing the act should have zero bearing on the morality of the act. Thats called hypocrisy. The crimes of these people were usually the fact that they were worshiping the wrong god.

Quote:
Deuteronomy 28

15However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:

16You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country.

17Your basket and your kneading trough will be cursed.

18The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

19You will be cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out.

20The Lord will send on you curses, confusion and rebuke in everything you put your hand to, until you are destroyed and come to sudden ruin because of the evil you have done in forsaking him. a 21The Lord will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess. 22The Lord will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish. 23The sky over your head will be bronze, the ground beneath you iron. 24The Lord will turn the rain of your country into dust and powder; it will come down from the skies until you are destroyed.

25The Lord will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You will come at them from one direction but flee from them in seven, and you will become a thing of horror to all the kingdoms on earth. 26Your carcasses will be food for all the birds and the wild animals, and there will be no one to frighten them away. 27The Lord will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, festering sores and the itch, from which you cannot be cured. 28The Lord will afflict you with madness, blindness and confusion of mind. 29At midday you will grope about like a blind person in the dark. You will be unsuccessful in everything you do; day after day you will be oppressed and robbed, with no one to rescue you.

30You will be pledged to be married to a woman, but another will take her and rape her. You will build a house, but you will not live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will not even begin to enjoy its fruit. 31Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will eat none of it. Your donkey will be forcibly taken from you and will not be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will rescue them. 32Your sons and daughters will be given to another nation, and you will wear out your eyes watching for them day after day, powerless to lift a hand. 33A people that you do not know will eat what your land and labor produce, and you will have nothing but cruel oppression all your days. 34The sights you see will drive you mad. 35The Lord will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.

36The Lord will drive you and the king you set over you to a nation unknown to you or your ancestors. There you will worship other gods, gods of wood and stone. 37You will become a thing of horror, a byword and an object of ridicule among all the peoples where the Lord will drive you.

38You will sow much seed in the field but you will harvest little, because locusts will devour it. 39You will plant vineyards and cultivate them but you will not drink the wine or gather the grapes, because worms will eat them. 40You will have olive trees throughout your country but you will not use the oil, because the olives will drop off. 41You will have sons and daughters but you will not keep them, because they will go into captivity. 42Swarms of locusts will take over all your trees and the crops of your land.

43The foreigners who reside among you will rise above you higher and higher, but you will sink lower and lower. 44They will lend to you, but you will not lend to them. They will be the head, but you will be the tail.

45All these curses will come on you. They will pursue you and overtake you until you are destroyed, because you did not obey the Lord your God and observe the commands and decrees he gave you. 46They will be a sign and a wonder to you and your descendants forever. 47Because you did not serve the Lord your God joyfully and gladly in the time of prosperity, 48therefore in hunger and thirst, in nakedness and dire poverty, you will serve the enemies the Lord sends against you. He will put an iron yoke on your neck until he has destroyed you.

49The Lord will bring a nation against you from far away, from the ends of the earth, like an eagle swooping down, a nation whose language you will not understand, 50a fierce-looking nation without respect for the old or pity for the young. 51They will devour the young of your livestock and the crops of your land until you are destroyed. They will leave you no grain, new wine or olive oil, nor any calves of your herds or lambs of your flocks until you are ruined. 52They will lay siege to all the cities throughout your land until the high fortified walls in which you trust fall down. They will besiege all the cities throughout the land the Lord your God is giving you.

53Because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege, you will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the Lord your God has given you. 54Even the most gentle and sensitive man among you will have no compassion on his own brother or the wife he loves or his surviving children, 55and he will not give to one of them any of the flesh of his children that he is eating. It will be all he has left because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege of all your cities. 56The most gentle and sensitive woman among you—so sensitive and gentle that she would not venture to touch the ground with the sole of her foot—will begrudge the husband she loves and her own son or daughter 57the afterbirth from her womb and the children she bears. For in her dire need she intends to eat them secretly because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege of your cities.

58If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name—the Lord your God— 59the Lord will send fearful plagues on you and your descendants, harsh and prolonged disasters, and severe and lingering illnesses. 60He will bring on you all the diseases of Egypt that you dreaded, and they will cling to you. 61The Lord will also bring on you every kind of sickness and disaster not recorded in this Book of the Law, until you are destroyed. 62You who were as numerous as the stars in the sky will be left but few in number, because you did not obey the Lord your God. 63Just as it pleased the Lord to make you prosper and increase in number, so it will please him to ruin and destroy you. You will be uprooted from the land you are entering to possess.

64Then the Lord will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other. There you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your ancestors have known. 65Among those nations you will find no repose, no resting place for the sole of your foot. There the Lord will give you an anxious mind, eyes weary with longing, and a despairing heart. 66You will live in constant suspense, filled with dread both night and day, never sure of your life. 67In the morning you will say, “If only it were evening!” and in the evening, “If only it were morning!”—because of the terror that will fill your hearts and the sights that your eyes will see. 68The Lord will send you back in ships to Egypt on a journey I said you should never make again. There you will offer yourselves for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, but no one will buy you.
Quote:
Deuteronomy 29

9Carefully follow the terms of this covenant, so that you may prosper in everything you do. 10All of you are standing today in the presence of the Lord your God—your leaders and chief men, your elders and officials, and all the other men of Israel, 11together with your children and your wives, and the foreigners living in your camps who chop your wood and carry your water. 12You are standing here in order to enter into a covenant with the Lord your God, a covenant the Lord is making with you this day and sealing with an oath, 13to confirm you this day as his people, that he may be your God as he promised you and as he swore to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. 14I am making this covenant, with its oath, not only with you 15who are standing here with us today in the presence of the Lord our God but also with those who are not here today.

16You yourselves know how we lived in Egypt and how we passed through the countries on the way here. 17You saw among them their detestable images and idols of wood and stone, of silver and gold. 18Make sure there is no man or woman, clan or tribe among you today whose heart turns away from the Lord our God to go and worship the gods of those nations; make sure there is no root among you that produces such bitter poison.

19When such a person hears the words of this oath and they invoke a blessing on themselves, thinking, “I will be safe, even though I persist in going my own way,” they will bring disaster on the watered land as well as the dry. 20The Lord will never be willing to forgive them; his wrath and zeal will burn against them. All the curses written in this book will fall on them, and the Lord will blot out their names from under heaven. 21The Lord will single them out from all the tribes of Israel for disaster, according to all the curses of the covenant written in this Book of the Law.

22Your children who follow you in later generations and foreigners who come from distant lands will see the calamities that have fallen on the land and the diseases with which the Lord has afflicted it. 23The whole land will be a burning waste of salt and sulfur—nothing planted, nothing sprouting, no vegetation growing on it. It will be like the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboyim, which the Lord overthrew in fierce anger. 24All the nations will ask: “Why has the Lord done this to this land? Why this fierce, burning anger?”

25And the answer will be: “It is because this people abandoned the covenant of the Lord, the God of their ancestors, the covenant he made with them when he brought them out of Egypt. 26They went off and worshiped other gods and bowed down to them, gods they did not know, gods he had not given them. 27Therefore the Lord’s anger burned against this land, so that he brought on it all the curses written in this book. 28In furious anger and in great wrath the Lord uprooted them from their land and thrust them into another land, as it is now.”

29The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.
If this doesn't sound like an evil being then I don't know what does. Taking pleasure in destroying people simply because they didn't worship him correctly.

Quote:
The Lord will never be willing to forgive them; his wrath and zeal will burn against them. All the curses written in this book will fall on them, and the Lord will blot out their names from under heaven.
According to the New Testament, every sin is forgivable except blaspheming against the holy spirit and this doesn't fit the definition of love either.

Quote:
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Keeps no records of wrong doings and it always protects.

Quote:
John 10

1“Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

7Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. a They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

11“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
Did you know Aries, the ram headed god of war was known as the Hired Hand in Babylonia?

Quote:
49The Lord will bring a nation against you from far away, from the ends of the earth, like an eagle swooping down, a nation whose language you will not understand, 50a fierce-looking nation without respect for the old or pity for the young.
Quote:
64Then the Lord will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other.
The good Shepard lays his life down for the sheep while the hired hand runs away and lets them get attacked by the wolf and scattered.

Also, ever notice how Yahweh constantly refers to a Prince in the end times pointing to the messiah yet Jesus is called the King of Kings and the only prince mentioned in the NT is the Prince of the power of the air, Satan.

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-10-07 at 02:31 AM..
Unread 2019-10-07, 07:37 PM   #710
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 434
Likes (Received): 241
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 5

So, I'd really enjoy going over each of your objections, BUT.... I kind of feel like it would be rather fruitless, only because I feel you've made your mind up on the matter (I could be completely wrong on that).
With that said, I'd still be more than happy to answer if you're just curious of my view on it.

If you don't mind, answer me this. Is there any "evidence" that would make you change your mind about the OT, as it's written? Meaning, nothing changes in the OT, but you "discover", or find something that makes you say, "Oh, now I see how that could make sense"?

Maybe this is the only possible way/world in which love and free will can exist.
Unread 2019-10-10, 07:45 AM   #711
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
So, I'd really enjoy going over each of your objections, BUT.... I kind of feel like it would be rather fruitless, only because I feel you've made your mind up on the matter (I could be completely wrong on that).
With that said, I'd still be more than happy to answer if you're just curious of my view on it.

If you don't mind, answer me this. Is there any "evidence" that would make you change your mind about the OT, as it's written? Meaning, nothing changes in the OT, but you "discover", or find something that makes you say, "Oh, now I see how that could make sense"?

Maybe this is the only possible way/world in which love and free will can exist.
Thats mainly because I can find literally dozens upon dozens of things in the Bible that directly point to my conclusions and I've yet to have a single person explain these things in a way that makes sense and doesn't involve impressive mental gymnastics. My mind is always open to any new information or points of view that could change my perspective. I would love to hear some. I'm not always seeking to change minds or have my mind changed when discussing ideas and opinions. I just like hearing what and why people believe what they do and if something comes along that makes me rethink my position then I take it as it comes. Is there any evidence that would you change your mind? Yahweh describes himself exactly like the Beast from the sea and Jesus calls the teachers of the law the children of Satan as well as saying Elijah was the spirit of the destroyer ie the King of the locusts from the bottomless pit. Abaddon/Apollyon. Thats not even the tip of the iceberg.

I'd like to know your opinion on a couple of other things too. Mainly Yahweh ordering Moses to sacrifice a goat to Azazel and Moses "giving the Lord his share of 32 virgin girls" after slaughtering another city.

Quote:
Numbers 31

25And the LORD said to Moses, 26“You and Eleazar the priest and the family leaders of each tribe are to make a list of all the plunder taken in the battle, including the people and animals. 27Then divide the plunder into two parts, and give half to the men who fought the battle and half to the rest of the people. 28From the army’s portion, first give the LORD his share of the plunder—one of every 500 of the prisoners and of the cattle, donkeys, sheep, and goats. 29Give this share of the army’s half to Eleazar the priest as an offering to the LORD. 30From the half that belongs to the people of Israel, take one of every fifty of the prisoners and of the cattle, donkeys, sheep, goats, and other animals. Give this share to the Levites, who are in charge of maintaining the LORD’s Tabernacle.” 31So Moses and Eleazar the priest did as the LORD commanded Moses.

32The plunder remaining from everything the fighting men had taken totaled 675,000 sheep and goats, 3372,000 cattle, 3461,000 donkeys, 35and 32,000 virgin girls.

36Half of the plunder was given to the fighting men. It totaled 337,500 sheep and goats, 37of which 675 were the LORD’s share; 3836,000 cattle, of which 72 were the LORD’s share; 3930,500 donkeys, of which 61 were the LORD’s share; 40and 16,000 virgin girls, of whom 32 were the LORD’s share. 41Moses gave all the LORD’s share to Eleazar the priest, just as the LORD had directed him.

Quote:
Leviticus 16

1The LORD spoke to Moses after the death of Aaron’s two sons, who died after they entered the LORD’s presence and burned the wrong kind of fire before him. 2The LORD said to Moses, “Warn your brother, Aaron, not to enter the Most Holy Place behind the inner curtain whenever he chooses; if he does, he will die. For the Ark’s cover—the place of atonement—is there, and I myself am present in the cloud above the atonement cover.

3“When Aaron enters the sanctuary area, he must follow these instructions fully. He must bring a young bull for a sin offering and a ram for a burnt offering. 4He must put on his linen tunic and the linen undergarments worn next to his body. He must tie the linen sash around his waist and put the linen turban on his head. These are sacred garments, so he must bathe himself in water before he puts them on. 5Aaron must take from the community of Israel two male goats for a sin offering and a ram for a burnt offering.

6“Aaron will present his own bull as a sin offering to purify himself and his family, making them right with the LORD.a 7Then he must take the two male goats and present them to the LORD at the entrance of the Tabernacle.b 8He is to cast sacred lots to determine which goat will be reserved as an offering to the LORD and which will carry the sins of the people to the wilderness of Azazel. 9Aaron will then present as a sin offering the goat chosen by lot for the LORD. 10The other goat, the scapegoat chosen by lot to be sent away, will be kept alive, standing before the LORD. When it is sent away to Azazel in the wilderness, the people will be purified and made right with the LORD.c

11“Aaron will present his own bull as a sin offering to purify himself and his family, making them right with the LORD. After he has slaughtered the bull as a sin offering, 12he will fill an incense burner with burning coals from the altar that stands before the LORD. Then he will take two handfuls of fragrant powdered incense and will carry the burner and the incense behind the inner curtain. 13There in the LORD’s presence he will put the incense on the burning coals so that a cloud of incense will rise over the Ark’s cover—the place of atonement—that rests on the Ark of the Covenant.d If he follows these instructions, he will not die. 14Then he must take some of the blood of the bull, dip his finger in it, and sprinkle it on the east side of the atonement cover. He must sprinkle blood seven times with his finger in front of the atonement cover.

15“Then Aaron must slaughter the first goat as a sin offering for the people and carry its blood behind the inner curtain. There he will sprinkle the goat’s blood over the atonement cover and in front of it, just as he did with the bull’s blood. 16Through this process, he will purifye the Most Holy Place, and he will do the same for the entire Tabernacle, because of the defiling sin and rebellion of the Israelites. 17No one else is allowed inside the Tabernacle when Aaron enters it for the purification cere
Unread 2019-10-10, 08:04 AM   #712
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like

There's a couple things that would make me abandon Christianity completely, along with religion in general.
1. If someone found the body of Jesus.
2. If science could prove that there wasn't a beginning to the universe. There's probably a couple more, but off the top of my head those would be the biggest ones.

What about you? What would make you a believer?

The fact the Jesus confirms he had a "father" should force you to rethink who that would be. If not the God of the OT, then who? Why wouldn't he have just said the God of the old testament/covenant is not my father? In fact, it's the opposite. I just checked and he mentions his father at least 25+ times in the bible.

Do you believe Jesus did do miracles the bible claims? If so, where did he get that power? Do you believe he was born from a virgin?

Last edited by torqueburner; 2019-10-10 at 08:35 AM..
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-10-10, 02:52 PM   #713
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
There's a couple things that would make me abandon Christianity completely, along with religion in general.
1. If someone found the body of Jesus.
2. If science could prove that there wasn't a beginning to the universe. There's probably a couple more, but off the top of my head those would be the biggest ones.

What about you? What would make you a believer?
Someone would have to explain to me how a God of love fits the exact criteria for a murderous psychopathic narcissist and never actually shows even a hint of real love in the OT. Its all manipulation and mind control tactics. A lot of the time using siblings special birthrights to pit them against each other creating golden and scapegoated children.

Someone would also have to explain to me why Jesus's story is so ridiculously similar to Inanna/Dumizid and Osiris/Horus of which I've laid out the over abundance of evidence for in this thread. But truth be told I'm not trying to get you to not believe. I'm trying to help you see it from a different perspective. I believe it just in a different way than you do. Much less literal and used as a weapon against us for the most part.

Quote:
The fact the Jesus confirms he had a "father" should force you to rethink who that would be. If not the God of the OT, then who? Why wouldn't he have just said the God of the old testament/covenant is not my father? In fact, it's the opposite. I just checked and he mentions his father at least 25+ times in the bible.

Do you believe Jesus did do miracles the bible claims? If so, where did he get that power? Do you believe he was born from a virgin?
Clearly Jesus is speaking about a different father and he says so several times. That word isn't even used to refer to God in the OT hardly at all.

Quote:
17In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. 18I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”

19Then they asked him, “Where is your father?”

“You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.”
Quote:
42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”
Quote:
54Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word.
Quote:
24The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

25Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all c ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”

31Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’ d ? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”
Even repeatedly says YOUR law, not THE law. If Jesus is the God of the OT, why would he say "your" law. It's his law too isn't it?

Let me ask you this, who or what exactly is Jesus rescuing us from? The law? The law he gave? According to the Bible Jesus is a ransom for us. Well who or what is he being ransomed to? The maker of the law, himself? He's sacrificing himself to himself? Even Paul spells out the fact that the act of creating the law caused the Jews to become slaves to sin so whats this truth Jesus speaks of that will set them free? Maybe that the entire Jewish concept of sin is complete bullshit and living out of tune with the truth is the only true sin,

I've actually written a lot about this if you're interested.

Why the god of the Old Testament is not the Father Jesus Speaks About[

Why The Concept of Sin is a Complete Lie and Nothing More than a Psychopathic Tool of Mind Control

Reexamining the "Fall of Man", Sin, the Law and Jesus Being a Ransom Paid for Humanity
Unread 2019-10-10, 04:31 PM   #714
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've had some decent rebuttals that should have made you rethink some of what you've asked. The problem is, you're letting emotion take control of your reasoning when it comes to the OT.
I addressed why some cities were commanded to be wiped out.
I addressed slavery.
I addressed the issue of child punishment.
I addressed the issue with woman being treated unfairly.
I also pointed out that (you) can't find one source in the OT or NT, where children, or woman were actually "slaughtered". I've said that the bible shouldn't be taken literal at times, because most don't understand parables, hyperbole, etc, when reading it.
Also, you're flat out wrong about God Not displaying love in the OT. Jesus new covenant is based off the law of Moses, along with his teachings....love Thy neighbor sound familiar? From the OT. Jeremiah 17:9-Isaiah 54:10-Jonah 3:8-Nehemiah 9:17.
You're focusing to much on the bad and not enough on the good, imo.
You need to understand the covenant his people AGREED to with God was there covenant, and also understand that wasn't the covenant for the world. That's VERY important to understand.

I haven't got the impression you are trying to change my mind. As you said, we're two people just discussing a deep and important topic, cordially. I'm like you, in that I like seeing other people's perspective and see how they try and justify certain topics to themselves, that shouldn't be taken lightly.

What evidence would convince you?
So, you don't believe in his miracles?
Also, can your position be falsified?

Last edited by torqueburner; 2019-10-10 at 08:05 PM..
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-10-17, 06:42 AM   #715
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I think I've had some decent rebuttals that should have made you rethink some of what you've asked. The problem is, you're letting emotion take control of your reasoning when it comes to the OT.
I addressed why some cities were commanded to be wiped out.
I addressed slavery.
I addressed the issue of child punishment.
I addressed the issue with woman being treated unfairly.
I also pointed out that (you) can't find one source in the OT or NT, where children, or woman were actually "slaughtered". I've said that the bible shouldn't be taken literal at times, because most don't understand parables, hyperbole, etc, when reading it.
Also, you're flat out wrong about God Not displaying love in the OT. Jesus new covenant is based off the law of Moses, along with his teachings....love Thy neighbor sound familiar? From the OT. Jeremiah 17:9-Isaiah 54:10-Jonah 3:8-Nehemiah 9:17.
You're focusing to much on the bad and not enough on the good, imo.
You need to understand the covenant his people AGREED to with God was there covenant, and also understand that wasn't the covenant for the world. That's VERY important to understand.

I haven't got the impression you are trying to change my mind. As you said, we're two people just discussing a deep and important topic, cordially. I'm like you, in that I like seeing other people's perspective and see how they try and justify certain topics to themselves, that shouldn't be taken lightly.

I'll have to look through the thread and see exactly what you said so I don't misspeak but let me address a few things first.

Quote:
I also pointed out that (you) can't find one source in the OT or NT, where children, or woman were actually "slaughtered".
Have you ever heard of something called Passover and the Exodus? That little incident where God murdered the first born children of everyone in Egypt who didn't have lambs blood smear over their doors? And I literally just posted a passage from a chapter in the OT that proves this untrue anyways.

Quote:
Numbers 31
9 Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. 11 After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, 12 they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho. 13 Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 But Moses was furious with all the generals and captains[a] who had returned from the battle.

15 “Why have you let all the women live?” he demanded. 16 “These are the very ones who followed Balaam’s advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the Lord at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the Lord’s people. 17 So kill all the boys and all the women who have had intercourse with a man. 18 Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

25 And the Lord said to Moses, 26 “You and Eleazar the priest and the family leaders of each tribe are to make a list of all the plunder taken in the battle, including the people and animals. 27 Then divide the plunder into two parts, and give half to the men who fought the battle and half to the rest of the people. 28 From the army’s portion, first give the Lord his share of the plunder—one of every 500 of the prisoners and of the cattle, donkeys, sheep, and goats. 29 Give this share of the army’s half to Eleazar the priest as an offering to the Lord. 30 From the half that belongs to the people of Israel, take one of every fifty of the prisoners and of the cattle, donkeys, sheep, goats, and other animals. Give this share to the Levites, who are in charge of maintaining the Lord’s Tabernacle.” 31 So Moses and Eleazar the priest did as the Lord commanded Moses.

32 The plunder remaining from everything the fighting men had taken totaled 675,000 sheep and goats, 33 72,000 cattle, 34 61,000 donkeys, 35 and 32,000 virgin girls.

36 Half of the plunder was given to the fighting men. It totaled 337,500 sheep and goats, 37 of which 675 were the Lord’s share; 38 36,000 cattle, of which 72 were the Lord’s share; 39 30,500 donkeys, of which 61 were the Lord’s share; 40 and 16,000 virgin girls, of whom 32 were the Lord’s share. 41 Moses gave all the Lord’s share to Eleazar the priest, just as the Lord had directed him.

42 Half of the plunder belonged to the people of Israel, and Moses separated it from the half belonging to the fighting men. 43 It totaled 337,500 sheep and goats, 44 36,000 cattle, 45 30,500 donkeys, 46 and 16,000 virgin girls. 47 From the half-share given to the people, Moses took one of every fifty prisoners and animals and gave them to the Levites, who maintained the Lord’s Tabernacle. All this was done as the Lord had commanded Moses.
Not only did they kill all the non virgin women, Moses sacrificed 32 virgins to this god, something you completely ignore every time I bring it up. And if thats not enough, here is God killing 42 children for mocking someone's bald head.

Quote:
2 Kings 2
23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
Quote:
None of those passages have god displaying love. They're just words. Anyone can say how great and loving they are. Typically the people who do that are the least loving of all. It's also not love to save people from a situation you yourself put them in because they didn't obey you. Thats called psychopathic narcissism. "You didn't worship me correctly so I'm going to send in armies to make you slaves. But if you admit what terrible sinners you are and beg for my help, I'm so loving and merciful that I'll rescue you from the slavery I put you into." Thats insanity, not love.

Quote:
What evidence would convince me of what exactly? That everything in the Bible is true and is a collection of recorded events? That the god of the OT is the one true god of the entire universe? I'm not sure but I'd know it if I ever saw it.

The miracles are allegories and metaphors, the whole story is. WE are supposed to be Jesus. The people healed themselves with their faith ie belief. Thats why Jesus compliments them on their faith repeatedly. Feeding people with the bread and fish was a metaphor for his words sustaining people, etc etc. Thats my opinion at least.

There, I responded to the vast majority of your questions and gave you thought out answers. Now will you address my points and answer my questions that you have ignored the past few posts? You do this a lot. I'll ask you questions and make points that you ignore and then you ask me questions instead which I end up answering and then forget about my questions. Reread my past few posts and address whatever you have the time to but I'd appreciate a response to my questions instead of just asking me more questions.
Unread 2019-10-30, 08:01 AM   #716
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KynYIDKvjv0

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx2DJWhvCj4

Unread 2019-10-30, 08:57 PM   #717
Justin 05 STi

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 102
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 421
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 11

Love the art class video above. A whole thread could be done on the golden ratio / mean.

Notice how similar his Phi Calipers look to the 3-6-9 energy polarity gif?
Unread 2019-11-09, 10:41 PM   #718
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin 05 STi View Post
Love the art class video above. A whole thread could be done on the golden ratio / mean.

Notice how similar his Phi Calipers look to the 3-6-9 energy polarity gif?
Yep. Interesting how relevant that whole thing is and that I'm just now making that connection after you posted this stuff months ago. I've basically proven that there is a design to the creation of the earth and what's even crazier is that man made structures go along with the design in ways that are not possibly intended in most cases. Although I have to think Trump is intentional with all his obsession with gold and all that entails. His one golden building looking like an obelisk right in the center of LV, Sin City. You know how I mirror everything? Well since that Trump Tower is in the center, that means when mirrored, there is another identical one right next to it. Well guess, what, there almost was without any mirroring.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_...s#Second_tower
Quote:
In April 2007, the second tower was the subject of an episode of The Apprentice in which the show's candidates were tasked with creating a marketing program for the new tower. Condo units for the tower went on sale the next day. Trump said the tower would be nearly identical to the first tower, and would also include 1,282 units. Because of rising construction expenses, the second tower was expected to cost $625 million, which would have brought the total cost of Trump International Hotel and Tower to $1.1 billion. This number was later reported to be $1.2 billion in February 2008, at which point the second tower was expected to begin construction at the end of the year.
Shouldn't be any surprise that the Greek god Apollo that he has murals of in his home is associated with the golden ratio and the "center" or middle way of being.

Quote:
Appearing in Greek thought at least as early as the Delphic Maxim nothing to excess and emphasized in later Aristotelian philosophy, the golden mean or golden middle way is the desirable middle between two extremes, one of excess and the other of deficiency.[1]

For example, in the Aristotelian view, courage is a virtue, but if taken to excess would manifest as recklessness, and, in deficiency, cowardice.

To the Greek mentality, it was an attribute of beauty. Ancient Greeks believed that there is a close association in mathematics between beauty and truth. The Greeks believed there to be three "ingredients" to beauty: symmetry, proportion, and harmony. Beauty was an object of love and something that was to be imitated and reproduced in their lives, architecture, education (paideia), and politics. They judged life by this mentality.
It's the same idea expressed on our seal. Peace on one side, war on the other.

Trumps star Regulus was called Miyan in Persia which means center. It's what ultimately proves he's the Antichrist.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL4-unvBf9U

The fact that anyone could watch this and not rethink reality just blows my mind.

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-11-11 at 11:30 AM..
Unread 2019-11-10, 03:37 PM   #719
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-gol...t-does-it-mean

Quote:
The Golden Ratio Has Been Found in The Human Skull, But What Does It Mean?

MIKE MCRAE4 OCT 2019

A new study comparing human skulls with those of other animals claims that the dimensions of our heads appear to follow the golden ratio - that special number with a controversial reputation for being the "formula for beauty".

Usually symbolised by the irrational number phi, or roughly 1.618, the golden ratio is amongst the most famous mathematical concepts. But is this fame deserved, or is the golden ratio - also known as the golden mean - just a case of numerology in a lab coat?

In this new study, Johns Hopkins neurologists Rafael Tamargo and Jonathan Pindrik argue there's something interesting going on as far as our brain box is concerned, and phi might be a sign of sophistication.

"Evolving over millennia, the human skull embodies an elegant harmonisation of structure and function," they write in their paper, which compares 100 physiologically normal human craniums with 70 representing six other mammals.

Of particular interest was a line called the nasioiniac arc, which connects a point on the nasal bones with a small bump at the back of the head called an inion.

The point where those weird zig-zags you see on skulls come together is a feature called the bregma. The distances from the nasal bone to the bregma, and then the bregma to the inion, were also measured.

Golden ratio distances in the human skull
(Ian Suk, Johns Hopkins University, 2019)

These midline cranial features weren't exactly random selections; they were all chosen as representative distances corresponding with important underlying neural structures and junctions in both humans and other animals.

According to the researchers, if you divide the distance from the bregma to the inion by the distance from the nasal junction to the bregma, and then divide the size of the nasioniac arc by the bregma-inion distance, the two numbers form a ratio of roughly 1.6.

To Tamargo and Pindrik, 1.6 is intriguingly close to the golden ratio or 1.618... (the dots here represent that the number is infinite, although it's typically rounded off at 1.61. Close enough to suspect there's something interesting going on, the pair thinks.

"The other mammals we surveyed actually have unique ratios that approach the golden ratio with increased species sophistication," says Tamargo.

"We believe that this finding may have important anthropological and evolutionary implications."

Just what those implications could be isn't exactly clear. In recent years, the ratio has been spotted among all kinds of physiological structures, from our heart down to our blood cells, prompting the question of whether this relationship is somehow biologically special.

Phi is certainly a rather elegant figure. Take two measurements, a bigger number (a) and a smaller number (b). They form a ratio – a : b.

Now, add them together, so you get (a + b).

If the ratio of (a + b) : a is the same as a : b, congrats, you can now bask in the radiant glow of the relationship between your two quantities, a and b.

In 1509, the mathematician Luca Pacioli thought this relationship was so golden, it actually made things look beautiful when applied geometrically. It certainly convinced Leonardo Da Vinci, who used it to determine key proportions in his art.

Outside of pure aesthetics, there are also claims the golden ratio represents deeper truths about the workings of the natural world.

The spiralling shell of the nautilus has been said to follow a pattern that embodies the ratio in the form of a 'Golden spiral', for instance. Even beautiful faces have been quantified by applying this mystical number to various proportions.

The question remains, however; is there some selection bias at work when we go fishing for ratios of roughly 1.6 in the Universe, or does the discovery of a golden ratio-like number in our bones – not to mention our cells and organs – indicate evolution loves phi?

Given the sheer variation within the human form, there's plenty of room for skepticism.

In 2015, mathematics professor Eve Torrence from Randolph-Macon College in the US told The Independent that "the idea that there's this one rectangle [based on the golden ratio] that's this perfect one... and is reflected in the human body, that's one of the most silly things. Human beings are so different."

It will be up to the scientific community to debate whether the golden ratio found in the midline of the human skull really is a sign of neural complexity.

But given the sheer variation between bones, lobes, vessels and vesicles, it would be odd if we didn't find some ratios that seemed to shine like gold.

This research was published in The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery.
Glad to see science is catching up.

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-11-11 at 06:32 PM..
Unread 2019-11-12, 10:05 AM   #720
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post

Revelation H-K

Revelation 8:10
and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp,

Is the "great star' that fell from Heaven the Mo(u)rning Star? Aka the Death Star?

Certain commentators have held that this "great star" represents one of several important figures in political or ecclesiastical history, while other Bible dictionaries and commentaries view the term as a reference to a celestial being. A Dictionary of The Holy Bible states, "the star called Wormwood seems to denote a mighty prince, or power of the air, the instrument, in its fall."

In a modern translation from the original Hebrew, the passage in which the phrase "Lucifer" or "morning star" occurs begins with the statement: "On the day the Lord gives you relief from your suffering and turmoil and from the harsh labour forced on you, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: How the oppressor has come to an end! How his fury has ended!"

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-11-12 at 10:09 AM..
Unread 2019-11-17, 10:30 AM   #721
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

a

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXIknew9Bts

Hong Kong Protest Photos: Tear Gas and Fires on a Day of Campus Clashes

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-11-17 at 10:36 AM..
Unread 2019-11-19, 12:52 PM   #722
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N2_jjmcOE0

Unread 2019-11-26, 12:08 AM   #723
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.businessinsider.com/pepe...esters-2019-10

Quote:
Extremists turned a frog meme into a hate symbol, but Hong Kong protesters revived it as an emblem of hope

Pepe the Frog is one of the most popular internet memes of all time. It originated in the non-political comic, "Boy's Club" by Matt Furie.

In 2016, political extremists began associating the meme with white nationalism, which led to the Anti-Defamation League adding it to their database of hate symbols.

Then in 2019, Hong Kong protesters began using Pepe as an icon of hope and youthful rebellion.

Though Pepe the Frog is the best modern example of the evolution of symbols, the swastika is another notable example in history.

Memes are some of the most easily recognizable images of our generation. They're funny, relatable, and, most importantly, they're versatile. But sometimes this versatility creates something darker.

This is Pepe the Frog, one of the most popular internet memes of all time. It's now considered a symbol of hate, according to the Anti-Defamation League. But it wasn't always like this. The cartoon frog that currently sits beside the swastika and the Iron Cross was born here, a nonpolitical comic about four roommates who enjoy being lazy and playing video games.

So, how did we get here...from here?

The green frog first debuted in 2005 in the comic "Boy's Club" by Matt Furie. It featured Pepe along with his three roommates all living together and hanging out. The humor was generally gross or crude but was completely nonpolitical in nature.

Then, in 2008, Pepe made his first steps to internet stardom. This panel was posted as a reaction image on the internet forum 4chan. And it became a trend almost instantly. More and more users began sharing Pepe on 4chan. And some were even putting their own spin on it. Pepe became a versatile meme. It was happy, sad, smug, and angry. It represented a relatable range of emotions.

And this relatability spread its influence to other social-media networks over the next several years. In 2015, Tumblr reported that it was the No. 1 most reblogged meme of the year. But at this point, Pepe was being shared a little too much, and the inside joke was beginning to lose its comedic value.

To keep the joke alive, people began creating "rare Pepes," novel versions of the meme that hadn't been made before. This phenomenon generated a mock economy, where the less frequently the meme was posted, the more valuable it was. With new images constantly being produced, Pepe grew stronger and reached mainstream status. And once Pepe became mainstream, everyone was in on the joke.

Now, it was rumored that there was an alt-right campaign to reclaim the meme from the "normies" by associating Pepe with white nationalism. But this was later revealed to have been an elaborate prank to mislead journalists. In reality, Pepe was just so versatile that it was inevitably drawn as everything. This sometimes included racists and even Donald Trump.

On October 13, 2015, Donald Trump retweeted this post. It linked the video "You Can't Stump the Trump " and tagged the notable right-leaning publications Breitbart and the Drudge Report. And under the video was this image of Pepe.

Before this, only fringe users on social media posted versions of the frog as Klan members or SS personnel. But this post was the catalyst that fueled the far right's claim of Pepe. More racist frogs appeared, particularly on Twitter, which spurred the movement #FrogTwitter. Much like how the echo is used by anti-Semitics to signify Jewish names, members of the alt-right began adding the frog emoji to their Twitter handles in solidarity with white nationalism.

And the more curious people got about the racist Pepes, the stronger the connection grew. When journalists asked about the "green face" they often saw "Trumpsters" and alt-right people use, they were met with white-nationalist Pepes as a response. So they began picking up on this trend, and when they saw someone use Pepe, whether in or out of racist context, they would respond by saying something like this.

Then, in 2016, Pepe's alt-right career came to a boiling point. Hillary Clinton delivered a campaign speech in which she referred to half of Trump's supporters as: Hillary Clinton: A basket of deplorables. Narrator: This led to the creation of a parody of the "Expendables" movie poster where the characters were replaced with conservative figures, known as "The Deplorables." And in that lineup, with Trump and notable conservative leaders, was none other than Pepe the Frog. Roger Stone and Donald Trump Jr., who both appeared on the poster, reposted the image, stating that they were proud to be one of the deplorables.

Shortly after this parody circulated, Clinton's campaign website denounced Pepe and called it "a symbol associated with white supremacy." And in September 2016, the Anti-Defamation League officially added Pepe the Frog to its database of hate symbols.

Since this designation, we've seen Pepe worn by self-proclaimed white nationalist Richard Spencer and sold as merchandise by Alex Jones, host of right-wing conspiracy outlet InfoWars. But Matt Furie, the creator of Pepe, has publicly stated his dislike for Pepe's evolution and has made efforts to take back his creation from the alt-right. In 2017, he released a one-page comic where he officially killed off the lazy green frog. Furie has also been involved in legal disputes with both The Daily Stormer and InfoWars, which effectively prevented them from using Pepe to promote their ideology any further.

But Furie's fight against the alt-right hasn't stopped other groups from using the meme. This time, however, Pepe has become a symbol of hope halfway across the world.

In 2019, protesters took to the streets of Hong Kong to rally against police brutality and Hong Kong's extradition bill. They held signs, graffitied walls, and messaged stickers with a peculiar, yet familiar face: Pepe the Frog. So, how did this lazy green amphibian become the face of yet another political movement? Simply put, Hong Kongers thought it was just a funny face, and most didn't know about its alt-right ties in the United States. In the eyes of Hong Kongers, Pepe existed as a Hello Kitty character. It looked strange and was eye-catching enough to grab attention. But, most importantly, it was versatile enough to become anything they wanted it to be. For these protesters, Pepe symbolized the youthful nature of rebellion and had nothing to do with the far-right movement in the West. In a New York Times interview by Daniel Victor, a young Hong Konger noted that symbols can mean different things in countries with different cultures. In the end, she encouraged other Hong Kongers to explain to Americans what Pepe really means to them.

We live in a world where information spreads almost instantly and the meaning of images changes just as fast. It's about culture and context. Pepe is the best modern example of this. But it wasn't the first victim. The swastika, for example, is actually considered sacred in certain Eurasian religions. It's a significant image meant to symbolize good fortune and well-being. But Nazis rebranded this symbol during World War II and made it an icon of hate instead. At least for Pepe, there is hope that it won't be a hate symbol forever, because Furie reminds us that "in the end, Pepe is whatever you say he is, and I, the creator, say that Pepe is love."
They missed the most important part of the Pepe craze, Kek worship.8

"Out of the MOUTH of the dragon, beast and false prophet."

Interesting that Kek is showing up in Hong Kong and China is the land of the DRAGON Emperor. I wonder if China is the dragon, Russia is the Beast from the sea and America is the Beast from the Earth, ie the False prophet. I did always think Putin looked like Bael.

Especially considering Qanon has them all convinced Trump, Putin and Xi are working together to rid the world of evil.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-11-26 at 12:27 AM..
Unread 2019-11-29, 03:37 PM   #724
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-egjn93FCQ

This is the most undeniable one yet.

If anyone was ever wondering why kings wear crowns and the Roman Emperors wore laurel wreaths.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1EmYSFDO3I

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZECezMYug8c

Good video detailing the history of Judaism showing its pagan origins.

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-11-29 at 05:18 PM..
Unread 2019-12-05, 11:55 AM   #725
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Augustus seems to be strongly linked with both Jesus and Trump. The number 8 is just inescapable. The month of August (now the 8th month) was named after Augustus in 8BCE. They all share the same 888 gematria. Gospel was originally a proclamation of the coming Roman emperor, first ascribed to Augustus who, according to legend, was born of an "immaculate conception" by the god Apollo (in the form of a snake) impregnating his mother. One of Baron Trumps names is the Greek form of Augustus, Sebastian.

Donald Trump is more or less repeating the same motto that is from the book in 2011 at CPAC. Theres so much more in those books too btw, SO MUCH MORE. Like Baron Trump getting a "head wound" (888 in reverse Sumerian) that later heals with the help of a plant from the edge of the Giants Well with no bottom ie the Bottomless Pit. It literally says "my head wound healed" and describes it having almost killed him. The mottos on our dollar bill come from poems directly referencing Augustus alluding to the purpose of America is to bring about the Messianic age (or the reign of the Antichrist first, then the Messianic age by proxy). The Roman numerals for 1776 lay at the base of the pyramid on the seal. 888 (Jesus in the original Greek) + 888 (Donald J Trump) = 1776. Christ & Antichrist. Beginning and end. Also, "The Messiah King Donald J Trump" = 1776. Both America and the Illuminati created in 1776. Hmm.

Quote:
Trump planned to build a 60-story castle in 1984
  • King of Trump Castle: President planned to build a $200 million, 60-story fortress complete with a water-filled moat and drawbridge in crime-ridden 1980s New York
  • Trump wanted to build skyscraper castle as a luxury condo building in 1984
  • Dubbed 'Trump Castle', the building was designed to have six cylinders of varying heights with gold-leafed coned and crenelated tops
  • Trump wanted to build it at 650 Madison Avenue, which is two blocks north of Trump Tower on 57th Street and 5th Avenue
  • The medieval-themed castle would have even come complete with battlements, a working drawbridge and a water-filled moat
  • The proposed fortress for the Upper East Side was abandoned when the owners of the potential building site decided not to proceed with the project

President Donald Trump would have been the king of a castle in 1984 had he completed his plans to build a huge $200million fortress in then-crime-ridden New York City.

The real estate mogul wanted to build a 60-story skyscraper castle that was described as a luxury condo building with six cylinders of varying heights, according to a 1984 New York Times report.

Gold-leafed, coned and crenelated tops would have been found at the top of the cylinders of Trump Castle, which would have been located at 650 Madison Avenue - two blocks north from Trump Tower on 57th Street and 5th Avenue.

Trump hired Johnson/Burgee Architects to create blueprints and build an actual model of the castle. He also had started to make plans to secure his desired 60th Street location with the landowners.

Architect Philip Johnson told the Times that the medieval defenses were 'very Trumpish' and that 'Trump is mad and wonderful.'

The medieval-themed castle would have even come complete with battlements, a working drawbridge and a water-filled moat.

Trump apparently wanted the bridge to be guarded, as the crime rate in New York City soared during this time period.

Roughly 1,450 murders occurred that year in the city, which is around the same time the crack epidemic began sweeping across the Big Apple and other states in the country.

It's unclear if Trump, who talked about how crime still plagues cities like New York and Chicago during his presidential campaign, had desired to live in the building he dubbed 'Trump Castle'.

But the proposed fortress for the Upper East Side was abandoned when the owners of the site, Prudential, decided not to proceed with the project.

'We didn't want to do a deal that depended on selling apartments for $1.5 million each to break even,' a Prudential executive told the Los Angeles Times.

Prudential bought the property in 1981 for $90 million, and an executive said at the time the company 'could make more money - $45 million, it hopes - by selling the property to another corporation or developer,' the New York Times reported at the time.

The established businessman did go on to build a castle, kind of. In 1985, he opened Trump's Castle Casino in Atlantic City, but it has since been turned into the Golden Nugget.

In addition, the site where Trump wanted to build the castle in the Big Apple is currently the home to a 27-story office and retail tower.

Quote:
In 1985, Trump purchased the nearly-complete Atlantic City Hilton hotel and casino property at the Atlantic marina from Hilton Hotels for $325 million. The hotel chain sold the property after its application for a gaming license was turned down by the CCC.[4] Trump originally opened the property as Trump's Castle Hotel Casino, and later renamed it the Trump Marina.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTJPQkEyrv8

Last edited by Oblique; 2019-12-06 at 01:33 PM..

Tags
tl;dr