Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > Import Tech

KANSAS CITY STREET RACING
Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  256
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2013-07-10, 01:28 PM   #76
Rice4Life
BANNED!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr_954 View Post
i deleted both folders entirely cuz my inbox was almost full. meh, screw it.
Likes n dislike probally or thanks or negs
Rice4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 02:44 PM   #77
cbr_954
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,963
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 258
Thanks (Received): 105
Likes (Given): 2126
Likes (Received): 685
Dislikes (Given): 62
Dislikes (Received): 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dester223 View Post
I feel sad.

It's coming up on the 1 year mark when I sold the shop.

On the plus side. It's nice to not have to deal with SOME people.

On the negative side, I miss a lot of friends and company the shop provided.
holy shit, its been that long?

i won't lie, i was very sad when it got sold. that was one if not my favorite place in kc to go. i would often buy shit from there that i could get cheaper elsewhere just to go hang out with awesome people and the atmosphere that place provided. it was a little slice of home for me, cuz i felt like i was back at home while there.
cbr_954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 05:38 PM   #78
snm95ls
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 42,790
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 401
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3594
Likes (Received): 2058
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56
Default

Tire choices for 235/40R18 are staggering.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Leonard McCoy
I know engineers. They love to change things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 05:54 PM   #79
cbr_954
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,963
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 258
Thanks (Received): 105
Likes (Given): 2126
Likes (Received): 685
Dislikes (Given): 62
Dislikes (Received): 66
Default

tires choices for 195/60r15 are cheeeaaaap and abundant lol


still waiting on pics of your new ride i tried finding it for sale and couldn't



so i got in trouble for posting positive, non informational things on people's for sale adds, just to be a dick i decided to report everyone else doing it. yeah even with out a job i don't have enough time for that shit
cbr_954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 06:04 PM   #80
snm95ls
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 42,790
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 401
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3594
Likes (Received): 2058
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr_954 View Post
tires choices for 195/60r15 are cheeeaaaap and abundant lol


still waiting on pics of your new ride i tried finding it for sale and couldn't
...
True. I thought that the tires on it now looked a little small diameter wise, decided to run the numbers and they certainly are. I guess that is a good reason for the speedo to be off a little bit.

I know, I know. Getting ready to make a house call, so I guess I'll go to my usual spot and snap some pics.

Washed it yesterday, and it's filthy already. Arg.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Leonard McCoy
I know engineers. They love to change things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes cbr_954 liked this post
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 06:10 PM   #81
cbr_954
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,963
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 258
Thanks (Received): 105
Likes (Given): 2126
Likes (Received): 685
Dislikes (Given): 62
Dislikes (Received): 66
Default

you know, i didn't think a change in wheel or tire size mattered that much. but i took my brothers car to liberty the other day and he has 15's instead of the factory 14's. his speedo is like 5 mph slower than the gps says. in my car with factory tires, the gps is maybe 1 mph off.

i was surprised.
cbr_954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 06:12 PM   #82
cbr_954
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,963
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 258
Thanks (Received): 105
Likes (Given): 2126
Likes (Received): 685
Dislikes (Given): 62
Dislikes (Received): 66
Default

your speedo reads faster then it should, correct? i figured the speedo goes based off the rpm's of the wheel to determine the speed.the smaller the wheel/tire, the faster it will spin at the same speed as a bigger tire/wheel. it would make sense to me, no?

Last edited by cbr_954; 2013-07-10 at 06:15 PM..
cbr_954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 06:13 PM   #83
snm95ls
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 42,790
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 401
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3594
Likes (Received): 2058
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56
Default

It does make a difference. With the new RE-11s on the blue turd, the speedo is a tiny bit fast compared to GPS readings.

With the Michelins, the speedo is just about dead on with GPS readings.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Leonard McCoy
I know engineers. They love to change things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 06:14 PM   #84
snm95ls
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 42,790
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 401
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3594
Likes (Received): 2058
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr_954 View Post
your speedo reads faster then it should, correct? i figured the speedo goes based off the rpm's of the wheel to determine the speed. it would make sense to me, no?
Yes, the speedo in the Legacy currently reads fast. Good for keeping me out of trouble.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Leonard McCoy
I know engineers. They love to change things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes cbr_954 liked this post
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 06:17 PM   #85
cbr_954
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,963
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 258
Thanks (Received): 105
Likes (Given): 2126
Likes (Received): 685
Dislikes (Given): 62
Dislikes (Received): 66
Default

all the bs comments in that supra thread are pissing me off, thats the thread i got in trouble for.

edit: nvm it was a motorcycle thread, but my comment was deleted from that supra thread , yet everyone else is free to say what they want. fuck it, i have better shit to worry about.
cbr_954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 08:56 PM   #86
snm95ls
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 42,790
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 401
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3594
Likes (Received): 2058
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56
Default

Crappy pics are up.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Leonard McCoy
I know engineers. They love to change things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 09:05 PM   #87
bks84
 
bks84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Independence
Posts: 31,970
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 251
Thanks (Received): 244
Likes (Given): 754
Likes (Received): 1075
Dislikes (Given): 73
Dislikes (Received): 98
Default

where... on your Facebook
__________________
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes cbr_954, codyellis liked this post
bks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 09:06 PM   #88
snm95ls
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 42,790
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 401
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3594
Likes (Received): 2058
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks84 View Post
where... on your Facebook
Facebook? What is this Facebook you speak of?



In Video and Photography.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Leonard McCoy
I know engineers. They love to change things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes cbr_954 liked this post
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 09:15 PM   #89
cbr_954
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,963
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 258
Thanks (Received): 105
Likes (Given): 2126
Likes (Received): 685
Dislikes (Given): 62
Dislikes (Received): 66
Default

wow, what a difference in environment. its nice being in a nice neighborhood. where instead of getting mean mugged cuz they dont know you, people walk up and say " hey, i've never met you before, my name is _____, welcome to the neighborhood"

everyday i dislike florida a little bit more and start getting more accustomed to my surroundings. wish i of made this change a lot sooner, i'd have such a better head start. oh well its never too late..
cbr_954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 09:44 PM   #90
bks84
 
bks84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Independence
Posts: 31,970
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 251
Thanks (Received): 244
Likes (Given): 754
Likes (Received): 1075
Dislikes (Given): 73
Dislikes (Received): 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
Facebook? What is this Facebook you speak of?



In Video and Photography.
I know! looks good. I like the look of LGT's better than WRX's
bks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 09:52 PM   #91
cbr_954
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,963
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 258
Thanks (Received): 105
Likes (Given): 2126
Likes (Received): 685
Dislikes (Given): 62
Dislikes (Received): 66
Default

i disagree, the older wrx's like what the 03 evo was competing with are fucking sex.
cbr_954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 09:54 PM   #92
bks84
 
bks84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Independence
Posts: 31,970
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 251
Thanks (Received): 244
Likes (Given): 754
Likes (Received): 1075
Dislikes (Given): 73
Dislikes (Received): 98
Default

No
bks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 09:56 PM   #93
cbr_954
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,963
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 258
Thanks (Received): 105
Likes (Given): 2126
Likes (Received): 685
Dislikes (Given): 62
Dislikes (Received): 66
Default

yes
cbr_954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 09:57 PM   #94
cbr_954
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,963
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 258
Thanks (Received): 105
Likes (Given): 2126
Likes (Received): 685
Dislikes (Given): 62
Dislikes (Received): 66
Default

my cousin had an 03 evo back in florida. i loved that car, there's nothing like launching an awd car at full throttle and hearing the rear diff slam against the chassis and poof, you're gone lol. damn we were stupid lol

he got an evo, i got a 03 cbr 954, i was 18 he was 17 lol
cbr_954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 10:00 PM   #95
cbr_954
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,963
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 258
Thanks (Received): 105
Likes (Given): 2126
Likes (Received): 685
Dislikes (Given): 62
Dislikes (Received): 66
Default

i honestly still to this day don't know how i didn't kill myself on that bike. i drove like an idiot and went to the races every weekend. that was the first street bike i had ever driven

all my motorcycle experience was all dirt bikes and banshee's. i was really good on em tho
cbr_954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-10, 10:37 PM   #96
snm95ls
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 42,790
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 401
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3594
Likes (Received): 2058
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks84 View Post
I know! looks good. I like the look of LGT's better than WRX's
I really like the look of the 05/06ish WRX/STI as well.

I used to like the bugeye WRX, but not so much anymore. I dunno.

Christian, I am sure we all have stories from our youth that makes us wonder how in the hell we are still alive today.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Leonard McCoy
I know engineers. They love to change things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes cbr_954 liked this post
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-11, 03:47 PM   #97
icemangsr
 
icemangsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 1/4 mile at a time.
Posts: 8,765
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 74
Thanks (Received): 68
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 426
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
Christian, I am sure we all have stories from our youth that makes us wonder how in the hell we are still alive today.


Let's make another story. "Two old fucks take their big boy cars and race on I35. LGT SpecB vs Accord EXLV6 coupe"



__________________
2008 Lexus ISF - Current
KC Pro Polish Detailing -https://www.facebook.com/kcpropolish/
"The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." - Soichiro Honda.

icemangsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-11, 03:51 PM   #98
snm95ls
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 42,790
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 401
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3594
Likes (Received): 2058
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56
Default

Slowest race in the world.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Leonard McCoy
I know engineers. They love to change things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-11, 04:05 PM   #99
icemangsr
 
icemangsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 1/4 mile at a time.
Posts: 8,765
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 74
Thanks (Received): 68
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 426
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
Slowest race in the world.


pshhhhhhhhhhhhhh. considering they both make over 250hp that's pretty effing sad
__________________
2008 Lexus ISF - Current
KC Pro Polish Detailing -https://www.facebook.com/kcpropolish/
"The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." - Soichiro Honda.

icemangsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-07-11, 04:16 PM   #100
snm95ls
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 42,790
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 401
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3594
Likes (Received): 2058
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemangsr View Post
pshhhhhhhhhhhhhh. considering they both make over 250hp that's pretty effing sad
Fat pigs I tell you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Leonard McCoy
I know engineers. They love to change things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.6.3 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright (c) 1993-2021, KCSR.org

R.I.P. Specialist Jason Daniel Lee Mann (JDLM)