Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Unread 2019-08-19, 06:47 PM   #76
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Five things to know from Andy Reid’s Sunday conference call

The Chiefs head coach spoke to the media following the 17-7 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid spoke to the local Kansas City media Sunday following the team’s 17-7 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in their second preseason game on Saturday night. He had no injury updates, but there were some items to take away from the conference call.
Here are five things we learned from the Chiefs head coach:
1. Reid highlighted the positives and negatives he saw in the game.

• Positives: Reid liked that his No. 1 defense played well in the first two series, the younger players were able to get more reps, backup quarterback Chad Henne was able to work with the first-team offensive line and the game overall provided good “learning tape.”
  • Negatives: Reid did not like the turnovers and fumbles, dropped balls in key situations and penalties (Chiefs had 7 for 44 yards), and he said he wanted to see more consistent pass rush from the second team and beyond.
2. Reid has been impressed with what he has seen out of rookie running back Darwin Thompson.

Thompson had four carries for 30 yards against the Steelers on Saturday night.
“He’s doing a nice job,” Reid said. “He’s able to see the blitz, which is a big thing for the young guys. He’s got good vision in the run game, and then he’s got a pretty good understanding of the pass game, so he’s really a focused kid. He’s kind of a no-nonsense [player], wants to do it right, real focused, studies a lot. I liked the way he’s made up that way.”
Saturday’s game had to help Thompson’s stock, especially on a night in which Carlos Hyde coughed up the football via fumble.
3. Asked about the play of cornerbacks Herb Miller and Mark Fields, Reid complimented them. He also brought up Charvarius Ward.

Cornerback Herb Miller had 32 snaps on defense, and Mark Fields had 25. Miller finished with three tackles, one pass defensed and one forced fumble.
“Both of them did some good things,” Reid said. “I thought (Mark) Fields played physical. I thought he did a pretty decent job in coverage. (Herb) Miller had the big one there at the end—a couple of them, actually, down the stretch there. But other than that, I thought he started off well.
“I thought (Charvarius) Ward, I thought he played well, which was good. He had the big pick before halftime there. I thought he played well, though, throughout. Had a big breakup in the first series there and did a nice job, I thought all the way around.”
4. Reid said he does not intend to change preseason playing time despite possible long-term injuries.

No official word on wide receiver Marcus Kemp, but it hasn’t sounded promising. Tight end Deon Yelder left Pittsburgh in a walking boot.
Still, Reid said he does not intend to change his thought process when it comes to preseason playing time.
“I’ve been doing this for a number of years,” he said. “Things happen—it’s a physical game, and so I’ve had success doing it this way. I’m not complacent. That can be a sign of complacency. That’s not what I’m saying. It’s a physical game, and the things we got. We’ll probably come out of this with one or two guys that are hurt for the duration, but that happens.
“You’re seeing a lot of these major injuries happen in practice, and knock on wood, we’ve kept it out of that. So things happen. That’s what I’d tell you. For the most part, we came out relatively healthy I think.”
5. Reid explained how workouts will change now that the team is back in Kansas City.

With the conclusion of Saturday’s game against the Steelers, training camp is officially over. The Chiefs will begin their true week-long regular-season dress rehearsal on Tuesday.
“You get more into an in-season mode,” Reid said of the upcoming week. “You practice in the afternoon as opposed to the morning. Especially this week, you set your schedule up where it’s a dry run. Not that you’re going to increase plays or any of that because you’re not. You still keep it vanilla, but you go through the process like you would of a regular week. Now, will we keep installing new stuff? Yeah, we’ll keep installing new stuff, too. That’s what we do. We kind of blend it all together, but the main schedule is what they’d see during the regular season.”
Other notes

• Reid said there was a “good chance” safety Tyrann Mathieu would have stayed in the game had his minor shoulder injury happened during the regular season. Rookie Juan Thornhill replaced Mathieu after just two plays.
  • Reid said he told the team that he did not intend to play everybody against the Steelers. Running back Tremon Smith wound up being one of those players (on offense). “It was no reason other than time there,” Reid said on Smith. “It just ran out, and reps.”
  • Reid liked what he saw from his backup offensive line: “I thought they all kind of held their own. Really, (Ryan) Hunter and (Nick) Allegretti have done a nice job in there. And you got (Kahlil) McKenzie and (Jimmy) Murray who have worked in there, too. We were able to get (Dino) Boyd a few reps with that second group at tackle, and he got a few snaps against their ones there. He struggled against them, but he came back and kind of settled down with the other group.”

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-08-20, 11:36 AM   #77
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 89
Likes (Received): 356
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 20

De’Anthony Thomas just signed with the Chiefs and arrived in the middle of practice. Seriously

WR Davon Grayson has been waived.

Last edited by bonecrusher; 2019-08-20 at 12:34 PM..
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-08-20, 11:37 AM   #78
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs sign guard Jeff Allen; waive guard Abdul Beecham
Unread 2019-08-20, 11:42 AM   #79
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs sign wide receiver Jalen Tolliver; place Marcus Kemp on IR
Unread 2019-08-26, 11:12 AM   #80
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Backup QB Chad Henne and backup DE Breeland Speaks will have surgery tomorrow, Henne for a broken ankle, Speaks for an MCL sprain and a meniscus injury in right knee
Unread 2019-08-26, 11:33 AM   #81
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The Chiefs have agreed to terms with QB Matt Moore, a source tells me.
Unread 2019-08-27, 10:02 AM   #82
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The team announced that fullback John Lovett had been placed on injured reserve (that’s the ticket), along with the official signing of Matt Moore.
Unread 2019-08-28, 10:07 PM   #83
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

How Matt Moore ended up coming (back) to Kansas City

The veteran quarterback nearly signed with KC a year ago, but he did not expect the call this time around.

The Kansas City Chiefs officially signed veteran quarterback Matt Moore on Tuesday, grabbing a veteran backup for Patrick Mahomes.

The move came after quarterback Chad Henne suffered a fractured ankle in the 27-17 loss to the San Francisco 49ers,and it seems to make a ton sense for both parties. The move makes so much sense, in fact, that the Chiefs nearly signed Moore back before the 2018 season but ultimately decided to go with Henne.

This made signing Moore an easy decision according to Chiefs head coach Andy Reid, who spoke about the former Miami quarterback after practice on Tuesday.

“When we made the final decision with Chad, he was the other guy, so it was kind of a no-brainer,” he said of the team’s original decision to sign Henne over Moore.
“To me it was a toss-up. I like both the guys, so that’s what made this so easy. I would’ve taken either guy.”

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDu83cc6-XU

Moore seems like a capable quarterback on paper, sporting a 15-15 regular-season record as a starter with 45 touchdowns and 36 interceptions. Despite his respectable numbers, Moore ended up sitting out the 2018 season after not signing with Kansas City, partially by choice and partially by circumstance, according to Moore.

He spent the offseason as a quarterbacks coach at Hart High, his alma mater, in Santa Clarita, California, when he got the call from Reid.

“I was out, running around with the kids and it was good,” Moore said. “Coach Reid gave me the call and I’m excited to be here.”

Moore hasn’t played in an NFL game since the 2017 season, so it’s no surprise that he was questioning whether or not he’d ever play again.

“I didn’t know... after sitting out last year, it was great, but this year’s training camp rolled around, the juices started flowing a little bit, (but) I didn’t really expect the call,” Moore said. “I mean sure, there are some thoughts that this may never happen, and the when it happens you’re like, ‘Hey, let’s go.’ It’s kind of that simple.”

Moore won’t be playing in the game against the Packers on Thursday, so that gives him a bit more time to learn the Chiefs’ dynamic offense should he have to take the field again. Moore recognized that there might be “a learning curve” when it comes to picking up the offense, but Reid is confident the 11-year veteran will catch up quickly.

“He’s a pretty sharp guy, he’s got a pretty good idea,” Reid said of Moore. “Mike (Kafka) met with him last night and then this morning. He’s done it for a while, so (he’s) just catching up. He’ll be able to handle it.”

Unread 2019-08-31, 08:50 AM   #84
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Trade: The #Chiefs are sending CB Mark Fields to the #Vikings, source said.
Unread 2019-08-31, 02:55 PM   #85
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Another Texans’ trade: Houston is trading G Martinas Rankin to Kansas City for RB Carlos Hyde, per league source. Houston gets the RB help it needs.
Unread 2019-08-31, 03:42 PM   #86
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

De’Anthony Thomas has been suspended for the first game of the 2019 regular season for violating the NFL’s policy and program on substances of abuse.
Unread 2019-09-01, 01:36 AM   #87
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Signed McCoy to a one year deal

Unread 2019-09-01, 01:53 AM   #88
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The Chiefs are signing RB LeSean McCoy, a source tells me. One year, $3 million deal with incentives that can get it up to $4 million.
Unread 2019-09-02, 09:10 PM   #89
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs worked out the following players today:

Kansas City Chiefs

WRs Reggie Davis, J’Mon Moore, QB Tanner Lee
Unread 2019-09-05, 05:27 PM   #90
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

BREAKING NEWS: According to Jason La Canfora, the Chiefs are working toward a long-term extension with Tyreek Hill with the goal of completing a deal before the season begins on Sunday.

Our initial reaction on #TheDrive: https://610sports.radio.com/…/drive-our-initial-thoughts-po…

Unread 2019-09-06, 04:12 PM   #91
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Report: Chiefs sign Tyreek Hill to 3-year contract extension

Sources say deal would place Hill among highest paid in the NFL

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —

Kansas City Chiefs fans can expect to see the Cheetah in red and gold for the foreseeable future.

The Chiefs announced Friday they have signed Tyreek Hill to a contract extension.

“We’re pleased we were able to reach an agreement with Tyreek to keep him in a Chiefs uniform for the foreseeable future,” Chiefs general manager Brett Veach said. “He understands our expectations of him as a member of this team and community. This extension is contingent upon the conditions Tyreek agreed to adhere to upon his return to the team in July. Tyreek is an elite player in this league and has played a major role in our team’s success, and we’re pleased that he’ll continue to make an impact for us.”

Sources say the three-year deal for $54 million will make Hill one of the highest paid wide receivers in the NFL.
“I’m grateful for the opportunity to continue my playing career here in Kansas City,” Hill said. “Kansas City is my home, and I appreciate the love and support from Clark Hunt, Coach Reid and Brett Veach along with my coaches and teammates. To Chiefs Kingdom, you’re the best fans in the world.”

Unread 2019-09-09, 08:36 PM   #92
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Per NFL transactions, De’Anthony Thomas’ suspension has been lifted. Gehrig Dieter was waived on the 7th from IR with injury settlement and today he cleared waivers. #Chiefs
Unread 2019-09-09, 10:13 PM   #93
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The Chiefs headed home to Kansas City without wide receiver Tyreek Hill on Sunday night because Hill remained in a Jacksonville hospital after suffering a sternal clavicular joint injury in the win over the Jaguars.

A timeline for Hill’s return to action has not been put in place at this point. His fellow wideout Sammy Watkins said that he expected the team to be without Hill for seven or eight weeks.
Unread 2019-09-10, 07:13 AM   #94
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The Chiefs did base salary-to-signing bonus conversions for LB Anthony Hitchens & OT Eric Fisher, creating close to $10.6M in cap space for 2019. Accounting for these and Tyreek Hill’s extension, KC remains in solid cap position.
Unread 2019-09-10, 10:36 AM   #95
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

According to Terez Paylor of Yahoo Sports, the Chiefs are waiving wideout Byron Pringle.

Unread 2019-09-10, 12:25 PM   #96
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

According to official NFL transactions reports, cornerback Michael Hunter — who had been placed on injured reserve August 30 — was waived with an injury settlement on Wednesday. He cleared waivers the next day and is now free to sign with any team.

Wide receiver Gehrig Dieter — placed on the injured list August 31 — was waived with an injury settlement on Saturday. He cleared waivers on Monday afternoon and is now a free agent, too.
Unread 2019-09-11, 04:53 PM   #97
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

WR Byron Pringle did clear waivers. He's re-signing with the club this afternoon to return on the practice squad, per source.
Unread 2019-09-12, 02:47 PM   #98
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The Chiefs have a full practice squad:

WR Jody Fortson, QB Kyle Shurmur, WR Byron Pringle, DB Alex Brown, RB Marcus Marshall, DB Torry McTyer, TE Nick Keizer, LB Emmanuel Smith, WR Cody Thompson & DE Cameron Malveaux.
Unread 2019-09-14, 10:39 AM   #99
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs cutting Tremon Smith to promote Byron Pringle, according to league sources
Unread 2019-09-15, 02:20 PM   #100
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the #Chiefs official inactives today against the #Raiders:

LB Reggie Ragland