Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2019-10-11, 04:26 PM   #126
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1370
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
Thats why Trump keeps having those rallies even after hes won the election.
No, he just wants to highlight the violent left that is outside the convention assaulting people and throwing stuff at the police.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-10-11, 05:22 PM   #127
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 143
Likes (Given): 226
Likes (Received): 790
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
No, he just wants to highlight the violent left that is outside the convention assaulting people and throwing stuff at the police.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for helping me prove my point even more. Trump feeds off of people's reaction to him, his supporters and detractors alike. These protests are just the other side of the coin of his n-supply. He loves this just as much as he loves the people inside chanting his name. No publicity is bad publicity. Ratings are all that matter.

“I do love provoking people. There is truth to that.” (BuzzFeed, February 13, 2014)

If I get my name in the paper, if people pay attention, that’s what matters. To me, that means it’s a success.” (Gwenda Blair’s Donald Trump: Master Apprentice, 2005)

“Publicity gradually dehumanizes you.” (Trump: Surviving at the Top, 1990)

“I have learned that entertainment is a very simple business. You can be a horrible human being, you can be a truly terrible person, but if you get ratings, you are a king.” (Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again, 2011)

“It’s fame itself that bends people out of shape. In fact, the more celebrities I meet, the more I realize that fame is a kind of drug, one that is way too powerful for most people to handle.” (Trump: Surviving at the Top, 1990)

“Everybody kisses your ass when you’re hot. If you’re not hot, they don’t even call. So it’s always good to stay hot.” (CNBC, June 24, 2012)

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/26/u...=headline&_r=2
Quote:
During his final interview with Mr. D’Antonio, as their relationship had warmed and deepened, Mr. Trump turned philosophical. He recalled a favorite song, performed by Peggy Lee, “Is That All There Is?” — a poignant ballad about unfulfilled dreams and dissatisfaction with life.

MR. TRUMP: It’s a great song because I’ve had these tremendous successes and then I’m off to the next one. Because, it’s like, “Oh, is that all there is?” That’s a great song actually, that’s a very interesting song, especially sung by her, because she had such a troubled life.

But he quickly retreats from the moment, declining Mr. D’Antonio’s invitation to further explain how the song makes him feel about himself, saying he might not like what he discovers.

Of this, however, Mr. Trump is certain: He needs the world’s attention and its embrace, a life force that has sustained him for decades.

He recalled the feeling of walking into a giant room and watching as the crowd surrounded him, as if he were a magnet attracting everything around him.

Mr. D’Antonio asked him when that first started. “Long time ago,” Mr. Trump replied. “It’s always been that way.”

Did it ever unnerve him, the author wondered.

“No,” Mr. Trump said. “I think what would unnerve me is if it didn’t happen.”
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-10-16, 05:22 PM   #128
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 271
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 2001
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Jesus fuck, it's like DIY himself wrote this letter.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-10-16, 05:29 PM   #129
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 491
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 4156
Dislikes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post

What's wrong with it?
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-10-16, 06:17 PM   #130
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
What's wrong with it?
Umm it looks like a 5th grader wrote it.

Unread 2019-10-16, 06:20 PM   #131
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Who wrote it.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2019-10-16, 08:59 PM   #132
JewelsMari

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 139
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 743
Likes (Received): 297
Dislikes (Received): 4

I’m sad for those parents who he brought to the WH... I’m not sure I would have gone if I were in their shoes...
Unread 2019-10-17, 04:12 AM   #133
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 949
Thanks (Received): 344
Likes (Given): 6645
Likes (Received): 2825
Dislikes (Given): 135
Dislikes (Received): 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelsMari View Post
I’m sad for those parents who he brought to the WH... I’m not sure I would have gone if I were in their shoes...
Losing a child has to be the worst thing that could ever happen to someone.

However, these folks have been making rounds in the media speaking about it, so I don't understand where there anger comes from about what happened at the WH?
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-10-17, 09:23 AM   #134
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 173
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 447
Likes (Received): 656
Dislikes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
dear lord is he really this stupid or is there a theory that he's on bath salts? its like if rambling, late night drunk texts from a moron to his buddy were transformed into a letter and then a toddler signed them.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-10-17, 03:15 PM   #135
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

So Mulvaney has confirmed a quid pro quo existed between US Aid to Ukraine and investigating Biden.

Quote:
Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney told reporters today that aid to Ukraine was in fact tied to President Trump’s wish for an investigation into the 2016 election.

When asked about the decision to withhold aid from Ukraine, Mulvaney told reporters that President Trump told him at the time, "This is a corrupt place. Everyone knows this is a corrupt place…Plus, I'm not sure that the other European countries are helping them out either.”

Mulvaney also added, “Did he also mention me in the past that the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely. No question about that."

When questioned on Mulvaney saying that the White House held up security money from Ukraine until the president got assurances, Mulvaney told reporters to “get over it” saying there are going to be political impacts on foreign policy.

"The corruption of the country, whether or not other countries participating in support of Ukraine, and whether or not cooperating in an ongoing investigation with the department of justice. That is completely legitimate, yes"
A reporter then questioned Mulvaney on his explanation saying it sounds like a quid-pro-quo to which Mulvaney said: “We do that all the time with foreign policy.”

Unread 2019-10-17, 05:28 PM   #136
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 50
Thanks (Received): 705
Likes (Given): 365
Likes (Received): 4032
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

He just fuckin blurted it out!

They must know the windfall is coming and are trying to get ahead of the narrative.

Getting desperate now.
Unread 2019-10-18, 06:44 AM   #137
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, impeachment just around the corner.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2019-10-22, 02:48 PM   #138
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Acting US Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor testified today that Ambassador Gordon Sondland told him President Trymp wanted Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to publicly state he would investigate Bursima and the 2016 election in exchange for meeting with the Ukrainians and providing them security assistance.

Unread 2019-10-22, 03:35 PM   #139
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

So Trump wants them to investigate interference in the 2016 election. Wasn't that what Mueller was supposed to do?

Of course you are posting info on what the Dems are telling the media, not what is actually being said in the interview. Notice how the transcripts are not being posted nor are the GOP members allowed to be in the meetings.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2019-10-22, 03:53 PM   #140
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

here's what was said by Ambassador Taylor in his opening statement:
https://games-cdn.washingtonpost.com...b6fd714783.pdf
Republicans *on the relevant committees* were present like they've been for everything so far. yet again you appear to lack either the intellect or the intellectual curiosity required to be right... but hey, its Tuesday... what else should we expect?

if you can read that opening statement and still aren't convinced that this whole thing stinks? there just isn't much to be done for you...
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln

Last edited by phreakdna; 2019-10-22 at 04:02 PM..
Unread 2019-10-22, 04:29 PM   #141
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 50
Thanks (Received): 705
Likes (Given): 365
Likes (Received): 4032
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

Just read the full opening statement. Holy shit.
Unread 2019-10-22, 04:29 PM   #142
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Again you are just posting and listening to the fake media. The transcripts that are being released are being edited and the GOP members are not allowed to attend.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bil...under-subpoena

Quote:
The sources said Taylor had no firsthand knowledge or other direct evidence that Ukrainian officials knew that aid to the country had been suspended at the time of the July 25 call between Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Congressional Democrats on Tuesday said they wanted more information on the text messages.

“Well, I would want to know exactly what he was thinking when he, you know, wrote that text,” Rep. Pramila Jayapal, a Democrat from Washington State, told reporters, adding, “we need to understand everything that happened before he sent that text and everything that happened after.”

Republicans, meanwhile, have accused Democrats of restricting access to the transcripts from the interviews they’ve been conducting as part of the impeachment inquiry.

“Just when you thought the process couldn’t get any more unfair, we found out last night that Democrats will now not even allow Republicans to have a copy of the respective transcripts from each of the witnesses we’ve interviewed thus far,” said Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, claiming that Republicans can’t make copies and can only read them while under supervision by Democratic staffers.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2019-10-22, 04:43 PM   #143
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

so unnamed sources vs the testimony of a US Ambassador under oath? check.
so nothing about GOP members not able to attend? and even better a quote from a GOP congressman quoted saying that he was part of the interviews of witnesses ("from each of the witnesses we've interviewed thus far")? check.
no evidence whatsoever of transcripts being edited? noted. much less any evidence of transcripts being released given that they are part of a closed-door process?

keep flailing about... it'll help you sink faster... does it ever strike you as odd that you almost never actually know what you're talking about?
Unread 2019-10-23, 10:04 AM   #144
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Again you are just posting and listening to the fake media. The transcripts that are being released are being edited and the GOP members are not allowed to attend.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bil...under-subpoena

Wait, one of your defenses all along has been that unnamed sources can't be trusted. That the use of unnamed sources is "Fake News".

Why is that not the case now?

Unread 2019-10-23, 12:22 PM   #145
ForcFed93

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 101
Likes (Given): 336
Likes (Received): 701
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 30

GOP Congressmen (who are NOT on the three committees tasked with investigating these issues and are therefor barred from access), stormed the hearing room and are now refusing to leave. Pay no mind to the fact that each of those three committees have an appropriate share of House minority (GOP) members already.

You seriously can't make this up.
Likes phreakdna liked this post
ForcFed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-10-23, 12:52 PM   #146
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

There is so much wrong in your post. There is no investigation, they are just trying to create a narrative and talking points for the media in an attempt to drive down Trumps pole numbers.

The "witnesses" are mostly Dem operatives in the government telling stories like the Taylor one posted above.

They were talking with a member of the Dept of Defense and a GOP member on the Armed Services committee tried to enter the room, he was barred from entering.

This is all done in a secret room, no media, no recording devices and transcripts are not allowed out unless Schiff wants to leak them to the media.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2019-10-23, 12:55 PM   #147
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post
GOP Congressmen (who are NOT on the three committees tasked with investigating these issues and are therefor barred from access), stormed the hearing room and are now refusing to leave. Pay no mind to the fact that each of those three committees have an appropriate share of House minority (GOP) members already.

You seriously can't make this up.
The entitlement is strong with this group. They are special committees. If you aren't a part of them, you don't get to be there. Why is that so hard for people to grasp. The committees can't and won't impeach the President. It still will have to have a a full house vote.

Unread 2019-10-23, 12:57 PM   #148
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
There is so much wrong in your post. There is no investigation, they are just trying to create a narrative and talking points for the media in an attempt to drive down Trumps pole numbers.

The "witnesses" are mostly Dem operatives in the government telling stories like the Taylor one posted above.

They were talking with a member of the Dept of Defense and a GOP member on the Armed Services committee tried to enter the room, he was barred from entering.

This is all done in a secret room, no media, no recording devices and transcripts are not allowed out unless Schiff wants to leak them to the media.
all from anonymous sources I'm sure. Fucking deep state shit everywhere, but only when the republicans are in office.

Unread 2019-10-23, 12:58 PM   #149
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

No, just when Trump is in office. He is trying to clean house, that's why there are so many GOP members who retired in 18 and are against him (Romney).
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2019-10-23, 01:08 PM   #150
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Oh look, Rudy G's two buddies that got arrested on campaign finance charges had access to the President and his family.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/giulian...=hp_listb_pos1