Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Careers, Colleges, Jobs

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2013-09-05, 11:07 AM   #1
88STANGGT
 
88STANGGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Satans Anus
Posts: 3,888
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 191
Likes (Received): 547
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 22
Default Overtime pay and on-call pay.

I just noticed on my pay stubs that my on-call pay is the same as my regular pay even though I had something over 90 hours during a two week pay period, they said I only had 3 hours overtime because I stayed late on a couple of problems late in the day on my regular schedule. (M-F 8:00 to 4:30) In ks if it matters. Am I wrong in thinking that since the pay week is monday to sunday that anytime I put in over 40 hours in that time all over that should be time and a half?
__________________
88STANGGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-09-05, 11:22 AM   #2
BuddyLee
 
BuddyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lenexa, KS
Posts: 28,819
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 259
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1954
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88STANGGT View Post
I just noticed on my pay stubs that my on-call pay is the same as my regular pay even though I had something over 90 hours during a two week pay period, they said I only had 3 hours overtime because I stayed late on a couple of problems late in the day on my regular schedule. (M-F 8:00 to 4:30) In ks if it matters. Am I wrong in thinking that since the pay week is monday to sunday that anytime I put in over 40 hours in that time all over that should be time and a half?
http://www.dol.gov/WHD/overtime_pay.htm

Quote:
The federal overtime provisions are contained in the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Unless exempt, employees covered by the Act must receive overtime pay for hours worked over 40 in a workweek at a rate not less than time and one-half their regular rates of pay. There is no limit in the Act on the number of hours employees aged 16 and older may work in any workweek. The Act does not require overtime pay for work on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, or regular days of rest, unless overtime is worked on such days.
The Act applies on a workweek basis. An employee's workweek is a fixed and regularly recurring period of 168 hours seven consecutive 24-hour periods. It need not coincide with the calendar week, but may begin on any day and at any hour of the day. Different workweeks may be established for different employees or groups of employees. Averaging of hours over two or more weeks is not permitted. Normally, overtime pay earned in a particular workweek must be paid on the regular pay day for the pay period in which the wages were earned.
__________________
XBL: Buddyl33
PSN: KC_Buddyl33

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-09-05, 01:23 PM   #3
69Mach351
 
69Mach351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NE KS
Posts: 8,478
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 262
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 1797
Likes (Received): 1701
Dislikes (Given): 37
Dislikes (Received): 44
Default

I am sure that there are a lot of more knowledgeable people than I on the subject, but some positions/titles are exempt from overtime pay. At that point, it is up to the employer as to how or if they want to compensate you for overtime, on-call, etc. For instance, in my wife's field of work, the best company that she has found pay at a rate of 133% for any hours worked over 40.
69Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-09-05, 02:00 PM   #4
06g35meister
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,875
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 35
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 102
Likes (Received): 382
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach351 View Post
I am sure that there are a lot of more knowledgeable people than I on the subject, but some positions/titles are exempt from overtime pay. At that point, it is up to the employer as to how or if they want to compensate you for overtime, on-call, etc. For instance, in my wife's field of work, the best company that she has found pay at a rate of 133% for any hours worked over 40.
I am straight overtime, but salaried as well...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanA View Post
BTW, shorten your SIG.
06g35meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-09-05, 09:46 PM   #5
88STANGGT
 
88STANGGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Satans Anus
Posts: 3,888
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 191
Likes (Received): 547
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 22
Default

I added everything up and looks like I am missing the first week of over time pay.

week one: 42.6 hours
40hrs@14.50=$580.00
2.6hrs@21.75=$56.55

week two: 44.38 hours
40hrs@14.50=$580.00
4.38hrs@21.75=$151.82

pay period total gross before deductions
$1368.37


What my pay check stub says gross before deductions
$1311.82


Difference of $56.55 (week one OT pay)
__________________
88STANGGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-09-06, 07:25 AM   #6
69Mach351
 
69Mach351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NE KS
Posts: 8,478
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 262
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 1797
Likes (Received): 1701
Dislikes (Given): 37
Dislikes (Received): 44
Default

I would just go in and talk to them about it. I wouldn't accuse them of anything, but show them the breakdown and ask for an explanation. Either they will correct the problem, or let you know where you were wrong.
69Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-09-06, 07:52 AM   #7
88STANGGT
 
88STANGGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Satans Anus
Posts: 3,888
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 191
Likes (Received): 547
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 22
Default

I think I was wrong on my math. I added both weeks to get a total and then added week one again. 4. 38 x 21.75 is not $151.82 haha. I should not do math after taking melatonin
__________________
88STANGGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-09-06, 11:11 AM   #8
Sylva
Harry Potter
 
Sylva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: H-Town, Third ward.
Posts: 18,897
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 142
Thanks (Received): 328
Likes (Given): 1573
Likes (Received): 1974
Dislikes (Given): 60
Dislikes (Received): 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88STANGGT View Post
I think I was wrong on my math. I added both weeks to get a total and then added week one again. 4. 38 x 21.75 is not $151.82 haha. I should not do math after taking melatonin
Melatonin doesn't make you sleepy, it helps you sleep soundly once you are asleep.
__________________
Downsouth we still be bangin' Robert Davis on the regular...

www.truenutrition.com discount code rys241 for 5% off all orders!
Sylva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-09-06, 11:13 AM   #9
88STANGGT
 
88STANGGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Satans Anus
Posts: 3,888
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 191
Likes (Received): 547
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 22
Default

It's always made me tired about 30 minutes after I take it. maybe math just makes me bored as hell.
__________________

Last edited by 88STANGGT; 2013-09-06 at 11:16 AM..
88STANGGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-10-06, 05:49 PM   #10
Camaro84
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lenexa
Posts: 1,890
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 20
Likes (Given): 1521
Likes (Received): 94
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88STANGGT View Post
I added everything up and looks like I am missing the first week of over time pay.

week one: 42.6 hours
40hrs@14.50=$580.00
2.6hrs@21.75=$56.55

week two: 44.38 hours
40hrs@14.50=$580.00
4.38hrs@21.75=$151.82

pay period total gross before deductions
$1368.37


What my pay check stub says gross before deductions
$1311.82


Difference of $56.55 (week one OT pay)
We make the same
__________________
2006 Mitsubishi Galant
2006 Honda CBR600 RR

RIP Tommy Lodigensky
Camaro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org