Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > (Almost) Anything Goes

Unread 2014-05-31, 06:32 PM   #1
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148
Default Bowe Bergdahl "released" by the Taliban

For those that havnt heard of him. He was "captured" by the Taliban 5 years ago and they have been trying to use him to get high level members of the Taliban freed the entire time. Today our govt gave in to the Taliban and released 5 known terrorists from Gitmo in exchange for this deserter.....errrr i mean POW.

Here is something real about him folks.

Quote:
..Here is a hands on account of this piece of Shit. Myself and other black widows we launched on an emergency mission to" rescue" this guy in the middle of the night only to find out he,chose to sneak off and desert his unit. Numerous lives were lost trying to find him, thousands (including myself and other black widows were put in harm's way searching to" save him". I have more anger against him than I do the Taliban.
Know the truth about this guy.
I WAS THERE. I'm sick of all the lies. Here is the TRUTH, from someone on the ground. We were at OP Mest, Paktika Province, Afghanistan. It was a small outpost where B Co 1-501st INF (Airbone) ran operations out of, just an Infantry platoon and ANA counterparts there. The place was an Afghan graveyard. Bergdahl had been acting a little strange, telling people he wanted to "walk the earth" and kept a little journal talking about how he was meant for better things. No one thought anything about it. He was a little “out there”. Next morning he's gone. We search everywhere, and can't find him. He left his weapon, his kit, and other sensitive items. He only took some water, a compass and a knife. We find some afghan kids shortly after who saw an american walking north asking about where the taliban are. We get hits on our voice intercepter that Taliban has him, and we were close. We come to realize that the kid deserted his post, snuck out of camp and sought out Taliban… to join them. We were in a defensive position at OP Mest, where your focus is to keep people out. He knew where the blind spots were to slip out and that's what he did. It was supposed to be a 4-day mission but turned into several months of active searching. Everyone was spun up to find this guy. News outlets all over the country were putting out false information. It was hard to see, especially when we knew the truth about what happened and we lost good men trying to find him. PFC Matthew Michael Martinek, Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss, SSG Clayton Bowen, PFC Morris Walker, SSG Michael Murphrey, 2LT Darryn Andrews, were all KIA from our unit who died looking for Bergdahl. Many others from various units were wounded or killed while actively looking for Bergdahl. Fighting Increased. IEDs and enemy ambushes increased. The Taliban knew that we were looking for him in high numbers and our movements were predictable. Because of Bergdahl, more men were out in danger, and more attacks on friendly camps and positions were conducted while we were out looking for him. His actions impacted the region more than anyone wants to admit. There is also no way to know what he told the Taliban: Our movements, locations, tactics, weak points on vehicles and other things for the enemy to exploit are just a few possibilities. The Government knows full well that he deserted. It looks bad and is a good propaganda piece for the Taliban. They refuse to acknowledge it. Hell they even promoted him to Sergeant which makes me sick. I feel for his family who only want their son/brother back. They don’t know the truth, or refuse to acknowledge it as well. What he did affected his family and his whole town back home, who don’t know the truth. Either way what matters is that good men died because of him. He has been lying on all those Taliban videos about everything since his “capture”. If he ever returns, he should be tried under the UCMJ for being a deserter and judged for what he did. Bergdahl is not a hero, he is not a soldier or an Infantryman. He failed his brothers. Now, sons and daughters are growing up without their fathers who died for him and he will have to face that truth someday.
And another....

Quote:
Bowe Bergdahl is no "hero". Here are the facts: In the weeks leading up to his "capture", Bergdahl made statements that he was "ashamed to be an American" and "The horror that is america is disgusting." He shipped his personal belongings home. He asked his Squad Leader what would happen if he took someone else's weapon and other sensitive items off base.

On the day of his departure, he was drinking with the Afghans he had befriended. After being caught, he was verbally reprimanded. That evening, angry after being reprimanded, he left behind his weapons, took a knife (by some statements up to five knives), some bottled water, and hid in the back of a vehicle owned by one of the local laborers. Bergdahl and at least two Afghans then drove off base to go smoke hashish, according to multiple statements. After smoking hashish, Bergdahl then walked off into the countryside. By some accounts, he set off to go "find himself" in the mountains. By other accounts, his plan was to walk to Pakistan.

He was discovered missing the next morning at about 0900. By 1200 that day, the entire war in Afghanistan had ground to a halt as all available air assets in Afghanistan were diverted to search for Bergdahl.

In the end assessment, the acts of this "soldier" cost the lives of other Americans (ones that didn't leave their posts in combat), and cost us hundreds of millions of dollars due to his selfish, dishonorable acts. He is a deserter, EVERYBODY in the Chain of Command knows it, and the fact that the US Government continues to pay and promote him shows the lengths they will go to manipulate public opinion.

Now, some of you will insist that we make every effort to rescue this deserter, that we will "leave no man behind". Ask yourself: Knowing the facts, would you send your son or daughter to rescue him? If not, why should someone else's son or daughter, husband or wife, brother or sister, risk their lives to rescue someone who intentionally left their post in a time of war and deserted? Ask yourself why there is no official statement as to the circumstances of his capture? I anticipate a sudden "deal" being made just before the mid-term elections, with Bowe returning to a hero's welcome, and a White House dinner with the Dali Bama.
Unread 2014-05-31, 07:51 PM   #2
ksuchewie

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 55
Thanks (Received): 109
Likes (Given): 106
Likes (Received): 607
Dislikes (Given): 20
Dislikes (Received): 14

I have doubts in stories where the person making the accusations doesn't have the balls to put their name next to their statements. It's always a friend of a friend who knows a guy who has a brother that's a cousin of someone else.
Unread 2014-05-31, 08:57 PM   #3
milanoGSRteg

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 124
Thanks (Received): 111
Likes (Given): 1274
Likes (Received): 577
Dislikes (Given): 216
Dislikes (Received): 272

Seen this on stolen valors page today. Shouldnt be skeptical ksuchewie, its common sense. Who lives in taliban capture for 5 years and doesnt get their head cut off with a dull knife?
Unread 2014-05-31, 09:10 PM   #4
ksuchewie

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 55
Thanks (Received): 109
Likes (Given): 106
Likes (Received): 607
Dislikes (Given): 20
Dislikes (Received): 14

For how many years were there still POW's in NAM? O wait, they were all runners too right? Just sayin'.
Unread 2014-05-31, 09:12 PM   #5
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 482
Likes (Given): 4078
Likes (Received): 4369
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 168

Lol you're hilarious.
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-05-31, 09:32 PM   #6
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 926
Thanks (Received): 335
Likes (Given): 6347
Likes (Received): 2732
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuchewie View Post
I have doubts in stories where the person making the accusations doesn't have the balls to put their name next to their statements. It's always a friend of a friend who knows a guy who has a brother that's a cousin of someone else.
Bullshit.

PM Mantooth, he's knows the fucking guy.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-05-31, 10:13 PM   #7
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Comparing Vietnam to Afghanistan. That's rich.

Google the article rolling stone magazine did back in 2012.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-05-31, 10:37 PM   #8
joekr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 47
Likes (Received): 27
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 2

Here's the Rolling Stone story:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...f-war-20120607

He abandoned his post from what I'm reading (although it's a long ass article and I read it quick).

I didn't think we negotiated with terrorist and I sure hell didn't think we did prisoner swaps...but obviously we do.

I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for a soldier that went AWOL and then was captured by the enemy. I'm sure his family has been tortured this whole time, but if the man would have followed orders and done his duty as he swore to, he wouldn't have been put in this situation.

If we traded even one known terrorist for a deserter...Well, something is seriously wrong with this situation...
joekr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-05-31, 11:53 PM   #9
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 402
Thanks (Received): 363
Likes (Given): 4968
Likes (Received): 2124
Dislikes (Given): 121
Dislikes (Received): 174

I just want this to be a real world Homeland episode. Don't ruin it for us.
Unread 2014-06-01, 07:44 AM   #10
mild83

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekr View Post
Here's the Rolling Stone story:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...f-war-20120607

He abandoned his post from what I'm reading (although it's a long ass article and I read it quick).

I didn't think we negotiated with terrorist and I sure hell didn't think we did prisoner swaps...but obviously we do.

I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for a soldier that went AWOL and then was captured by the enemy. I'm sure his family has been tortured this whole time, but if the man would have followed orders and done his duty as he swore to, he wouldn't have been put in this situation.

If we traded even one known terrorist for a deserter...Well, something is seriously wrong with this situation...
I'm certainly not as well versed as others in foreign policy and military operations as others on here. But joekr's is my basic understanding of the USA stance, as well.

Is this coincidental Barry goes above Congress and makes this deal with the VA scandal hitting the fan?
Unread 2014-06-01, 07:53 AM   #11
LTe

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 105
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 824
Likes (Received): 289
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 10

Barry at it again. He broke the law and he won't be punished for it. yahoo spinning the story to make it sound like the guy is a hero even though he isn't. The problem is that other families of captured soldiers are going to expect the same treatment now. I hate to see soldiers captured but it's crazy that our president who clearly thinks he is above the law getting away with this.

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Two Republican lawmakers on Saturday accused President Barack Obama of breaking the law by approving the release of five Afghan detainees held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in exchange for a U.S. soldier believed held by Islamist insurgents for five years.

The White House agreed that actions were taken in spite of legal requirements and cited "unique and exigent circumstances" as justification.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, 28, of Hailey, Idaho, was handed over to U.S. special operations forces by the Taliban. In return, five Afghans who were held at a U.S. detention facility in Cuba were released to the custody of the government of Qatar, which served as a go-between in negotiations for the trade.

Rep. Howard "Buck" McKeon of California and Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma said in a statement that Obama is required by law to notify Congress 30 days before any terrorists are transferred from the U.S. facility. They said Obama also is required to explain how the threat posed by such terrorists has been substantially mitigated.

McKeon is chairman of the House Armed Services Committee. Inhofe is the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

In response, the White House said it moved as quickly as possible given the opportunity that arose to secure Bergdahl's release. Citing "these unique and exigent circumstances," the White House said a decision was made to go ahead with the transfer despite the legal requirement of 30 days advance notice to Congress.

While saying they celebrate Bergdahl's release, McKeon and Inhofe warned that the exchange "may have consequences for the rest of our forces and all Americans."

"Our terrorist adversaries now have a strong incentive to capture Americans. That incentive will put our forces in Afghanistan and around the world at even greater risk," they said.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Nevada Democrat, said in a statement that "the safe return of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is an answer to the prayers of the Bergdahl family and a powerful reinforcement of our nation's commitment to leave no service member behind."
Unread 2014-06-01, 08:33 AM   #12
Nick B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 40
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 612
Likes (Received): 1256
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 79

Whatever happened to "We do not negotiate with terrorists" ...
Unread 2014-06-01, 08:42 AM   #13
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like

Obama happened
Unread 2014-06-01, 09:28 AM   #14
joekr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 47
Likes (Received): 27
Dislikes (Received): 2

I slept on this and the more I think about it, the more pissed off I'm getting. If the guy's a deserter and if we gave up 5 true terrorists (not just some patsies who got caught up in a sweep, which I'm assuming they wouldn't be if they were at Gitmo) this guy should have lived in a hole the rest of his life.

I try to keep my politics off the web mainly because arguing about such things is normally fruitless... but if this guy was a deserter and our fearless leader gave up 5 terror suspects for him.. Obama should be tossed out of the white house today and into a jail cell.
Unread 2014-06-01, 10:28 AM   #15
Spoolin4Door

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious as to what the exigent circumstances are, unfortunately we will never know. Also this decision and act took more than just Obama to happen.
Spoolin4Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-01, 11:52 AM   #16
mild83

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin4Door View Post
I'm curious as to what the exigent circumstances are, unfortunately we will never know. Also this decision and act took more than just Obama to happen.
Well, yes, him and his cronies made it happen. I'm with joekr. I would never want my own child to be in this man's position, trapped (if he indeed was), by jihadists. However, and maybe some of the members in armed forces could comment, isn't that what you sign up for when joining the military? The possibility that you could be giving your entire life for your country?

And please, this is most certainly not bashing the armed forces, it's just what I'd figure I'd fully expect if I signed up. I personally don't think d have the stones to do, of ethics exact reason.
Unread 2014-06-01, 12:37 PM   #17
Hoop

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 780
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 6

Is it safe to assume since he is a victim of his own fucktardery....and as such a victim, that our illustrious government will NOT be court mashalling him for abandoning his post?

Since he is a victim and all....
Unread 2014-06-01, 12:41 PM   #18
milanoGSRteg

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 124
Thanks (Received): 111
Likes (Given): 1274
Likes (Received): 577
Dislikes (Given): 216
Dislikes (Received): 272

We dont negotiate with allies errr "terrorists" - Obama
Unread 2014-06-01, 02:36 PM   #19
Dotte2Dotte

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 56
Likes (Given): 66
Likes (Received): 121
Dislikes (Received): 12
Default Swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanoGSRteg View Post
We dont negotiate with allies errr "terrorists" - Obama
Regan & Ollie North swapped cocaine for guns with the Contras in Central America (Contragate) then swapped the guns to Iran for American hostages (Iranagate) and you blame Obama?

I love idiots who blame Obama every time it rains. But oddly they also blame Obama every time the sun shines.

The whole Viet Nam War was our support of drug dealing terrorists
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pol...Southeast_Asia
Pictures of CIA agents standing next to mule trains of opium are quite telling. Every US soldier that died in Nam, died to support a government that got fat and rich off opium. By the way, it wasn't under Kennedy. Ike sent the 1st troops and CIA in 1954 when the French got the butts kicked.

Try reading some history. The English, the Russians and others have gotten beaten over and over again by the Afghans. There's no F***** way we can win there. No one else has.
Unread 2014-06-01, 02:44 PM   #20
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like

Lol dotte is so lost
Unread 2014-06-01, 03:31 PM   #21
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotte2Dotte View Post
Try reading some history. The English, the Russians and others have gotten beaten over and over again by the Afghans. There's no F***** way we can win there. No one else has.
Yes there is. The USA is the only reason the Russians didnt "win" there.

Try reading some actual history. The Russians were handing them their asses until we sent in the Stinger. It single handedly changed that war.

As for us "winning" there? We never tried to. We werent fighting a war against a country.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-01, 03:58 PM   #22
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=49494

Lol Uh oh
Unread 2014-06-01, 04:20 PM   #23
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

The very end of that is exactly what this is going to be turned into.

They will politicize the hell out of this and say it's a success for the president.

Just seems like they are getting more and more bold with how they defy congress. Saying there was exigency that they ignore the laws? He has been kept alive for 5 years. They just decided after that long they would kill him or something?

Orrrrrr they needed a story to get the VA and Benghazi out of the media.
Unread 2014-06-01, 04:38 PM   #24
mild83

Post Thanks / Like

Clinton '16
Unread 2014-06-01, 05:13 PM   #25
JohnnyBravo
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 389
Likes (Given): 207
Likes (Received): 1740
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default Bowe Bergdahl "released" by the Taliban

Did anyone else catch the pro-Afghan, anti-American tweets that his dad deleted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk