Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2015-12-15, 04:36 PM   #26
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Marvel In Talks With Kurt Russell To Play Star-Lord's Father In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2

Earlier reports had Marvel in discussions with Matthew McConaughey to play Chris Pratt's father in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 but it now looks as if Marvel is turning to Kurt Russell. Given the names previously in the running, who do you think is Star-Lord's father?

Marvel is reportedly seeking Kurt Russell to play Star-Lord's father in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. It looks as if discussions are still very early as The Wrap reports that Kurt has yet to read the script and Marvel has yet to make a formal offer but meetings are expected to occur very soon.

Pre-production is currently underway on the sequel as evidenced by Karen Gillan and Zoe Saldana undergoing make-up test for their respective characters, Nebula and Gamora. Fillmng is expected to start in early 2016 which would indicate that Marvel likely needs to cast the role fairly soon.

French actress Pom Klementieff was previously confirmed to join the returning, original cast as Mantis. Chris Pratt leads the returning cast, reprising his role as Star-Lord, along with Dave Bautista (Drax), Gillan, Saldana, Bradley Cooper (Rocket Raccoon), Vin Diesel (Groot) and Benecio del Toro (The Collector).

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-12-22, 12:20 PM   #27
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Kurt Russell Addresses Possibility Of Joining Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: VOL. 2

Is Kurt Russell really in talks to play Star-Lord's mysterious father in the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel? The Hateful Eight star talks here about the potential casting for the first time, and he also recalls his conversation with writer/director James Gunn. Check it out!

When Kurt Russell stopped by the Wall Street Journal and Wolfpop’s Happy Sad Confused podcast on separate occasions to promote The Hateful Eight, both interviewers took the opportunity to ask the actor about reports last week that said Marvel Studios is considering him to play the father of Chris Pratt’s Star-Lord in the highly-anticipated Guardians of the Galaxy sequel, Volume 2. And based on what Russell offers about the potential casting, things are not as concrete as we thought.

“I literally got a phone call two days ago about this,” Russell revealed on the Wolfpop podcast. “I’ve never seen Guardians of the Galaxy so I don’t know anything about it.” Of course, he’s heard good things by word of mouth. “Many times I’ve heard ‘That’s a really fun movie, a really good movie [with] great characters.’ I don’t know it! So, I didn’t realize that [James Gunn] had written and directed it, but we talked to each other on the phone. And I just had to be honest and say, ‘Thank you for considering me, I have to read [the script], and I have to watch the [first] movie because I can’t bring anything for you [right now]. I’ve got nothing to offer here. So, I’m amazed to get asked about this because everybody knows more about it than I do... it’s a little weird.”

Despite not yet agreeing to play Peter Quill’s mystery father in Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2, Kurt Russell reassured to the Wall Street Journal that talks with Marvel are very much underway. “It could be a one line thing for all I know,” he joked. “But yeah, we’re talking about it... there’s just nothing to talk about at the moment.” Fair enough! Hopefully this pans out as Mr. Russell would make a fine addition to the ever-growing Marvel Cinematic Universe. What do you think?

Unread 2015-12-30, 04:22 PM   #28
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

About the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel, which starts shooting in February, Feige reassures that we can expect the roster to expand. “There've been many different incarnations of the Guardians over the years in the comics and we'll catch a glimpse of additions over the course of the movie,” he said. The Marvel producer failed to reveal the villain of Volume 2, but confirmed we won’t see a certain mad titan. “I wouldn't look too hard in that movie for Thanos,” he said, before reassuring that we’ll eventually see the supervillain get off his ass. “The next time we see Thanos he will not be messing around. It will be, 'Oh, that's why they've been teasing this villain for five years!”

Unread 2016-01-06, 03:24 PM   #29
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

First Film to Shoot on RED's 8K Vista Vision Camera is 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'

RED has just confirmed that the first major feature film shooting on their new 8K camera is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

While the flagship 8K WEAPON Vista Vision/full-frame 35mm camera is a lot more than most of us need right now, major Hollywood features can always find a way to take advantage of more resolution and higher frame rates. This camera is slowly starting to trickle out to RED users who have pre-ordered it, but as always with the newest tech, high profile shows often get first crack at it. The 8K DRAGON sensor shares similar image characteristics — like pixel size, color, and dynamic range — as the 6K DRAGON sensor, but is much larger.
Here's a little more from RED's press release on this:
“We are all hugely excited to be shooting the next Guardians of the Galaxy on the new WEAPON 8K. This is my third collaboration with RED, having previously shot with the RED EPIC® on Prometheus and the EPIC DRAGON on Tarzan,” says Nik Korda, Executive Producer. “The large sensor size and super high resolution offered by the new WEAPON 8K, combined with its lightweight and compact size open up a whole range of new creative possibilities.”
WEAPON 8K captures 8K at 75 frames per second (fps), 6K at 100 fps, or 4K at 150 fps with REDCODE® RAW; and its wide dynamic range produces cinema-quality images rich with natural color. Additionally, WEAPON 8K features interchangeable lens mounts, an intelligent OLPF system, and in-camera 3D-LUT outputs.
“RED’s 8K WEAPON is the little big camera. Perfectly counterintuitive. And perfect for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2,” says Henry Braham, BSC, Director of Photography.
As with the rest of the industry, if people have a good experience using a particular product, they're usually going to go back, and we're seeing that again here with the choice of the 8K WEAPON for Guardians 2, as DP Henry Braham, BSC previously worked with RED on Tarzan.
It will be interesting to see what kind of workflow and what lenses they choose for the film. The Vista Vision sensor on the WEAPON 8K means they'll have to choose lenses that cover full-frame 35mm, though I imagine it's possible that only parts of the film will actually be shot in 8K, just like we've seen with other films that shoot higher-quality formats for specific scenes. It's not out of the realm of possibility that most, or all of it could be in 8K full-frame, however, as The Revenant, which is now in theaters, shot on ARRI's 6K ALEXA 65. That camera has a much larger sensor than Vista Vision, and at times much higher data rates due to being uncompressed RAW (while RED's is compressed).
Inevitably people will ask why anyone wants to shoot higher than 4K when that's the maximum we can see in a theater, but with the way sensors are designed, you're not getting a 1:1 pixel ratio for each color channel. A Bayer pattern sensor, which is what all of these cameras use, puts an emphasis on the color green, and has to interpolate color information:
The higher the resolution of the sensor to start off with, the more color information we're going to have, and therefore the higher the "resolved detail" will be. 8K can give a sharper and clearer 4K, just like 4K can deliver a sharper and clearer 2K/1080p image. This is one of the reasons that Sony's F35 and F65 both have much higher resolutions than their final output. The F35 had a 5K sensor for 1080p output and the F65 has an 8K x 2K sensor for a 4K output.
Beyond this, for VFX, reframing, and stabilization, having more resolution than your intended output can always be helpful.

Unread 2016-01-11, 06:47 PM   #30
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t Expect the Collector in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Benicio Del Toro doesn’t think that the Collector will be making an appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2

Casting is beginning to come together for James Gunn‘s much anticipated Marvel Comics sequel, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2. While many of the characters from the first film will be back, ComingSoon.net has today learned that fans should not expect the return of Benicio Del Toro as Taneleer Tivan, The Collector. We had the chance to speak with the Academy Award winning actor about his latest, Fernando Léon de Aranoa’s A Perfect Day,and got an update on his involvement (or lack thereof) with the “Phase Three” sequel.
“I don’t think so,” Del Toro said when asked about The Collector returning. “They would have told me, I hope… I do hope to play that character again at some point.”
So while the Collector may not be back for the May 5, 2017 release, Taneleer Tivan may be returning to the MCU somewhere down the road. After all, the Collector should still be in possession of one Infinity Stone. In a post-credits sequence to Thor: The Dark World, the Collector was given the Aether (theReality Stone) for safe keeping. Del Toro, meanwhile, has a different science fiction adventure on the horizon. He’s part of the cast of the Rian Johnson helmed Star Wars: Episode VIII, set for release May 26, 2017.

Unread 2016-01-13, 12:06 PM   #31
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Coming to you presently, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista (Batista), Michael Rooker, Sean Gunn, Vin Diesel.

Unread 2016-01-20, 05:12 PM   #32
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2 Villain Revealed?

Well, one of the villains anyway. A new report supposedly reveals the identity of the character that will be causing problems for our band of intergalactic A-holes in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy sequel - and it won't be who what you're expecting! Possible SPOILERS ahead...

With Thanos biding his time until his Infinity War with the Avengers, Star Lord, Gamora and friends are going to need a new big bad to battle in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - and they don't get much bigger than Ego the Living Planet! Yes, that's the character Geek.com reckon the crew of The Milano will be going up against in the Marvel sequel.

Ego is... well, exactly as his name suggests: a planet that's alive, with a furry face and everything. After being given consciousness by The Stranger in the Black Galaxy, the newly sentient being set about attempting to take over galaxies, and ran into opposition in the form of various heroes such as Thor, The Fantastic Four, and the Silver Surfer.

Ego is certainly an odd enough fella to fit right into the GOTG universe, but of course we'll have to take this as a rumor for now. Geek.com has been on a roll with Marvel scoops lately - but obviously we've yet to see if any of 'em have panned out.

Unread 2016-01-20, 05:21 PM   #33
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 261
Likes (Given): 2195
Likes (Received): 1605
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

While that would be awesome to see Ego on the main screen, I think the battles would be weird, idk I just don't see that working.
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-01-22, 08:46 PM   #34
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

SPOILERS: These Are The Three New GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Team Members In VOL. 2

We've known for a while that Star-Lord and company will be expanding the team in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, but a new report claims to reveal which three characters are set to join them. Needless to say, these names are definitely going to surprise you, so read on for details...

Geek.com has had a lot of Marvel scoops as of late, but if they're not legit, they may have made a mistake turning their attentions to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (especially with James Gunn's habit of debunking reports like this on Facebook and Twitter). Anyway, the filmmaker has previously said that some new characters will be added to the team which currently consists of Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket Raccon, and Groot, but there will reportedly be THREE of them in total. Those are Yondu (Michael Rooker), Mantis (who it's believed will be played by newcomer Pom Klementieff, and - surprisingly - Nebula (Karen Gillan). That's certainly an interesting selection, but the site doesn't offer any additional details in regards to how they end up factoring into the sequel. How do you feel about these possible additions to the roster in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2? As always, feel free to weigh in with your thoughts on this news in the usual place.

Unread 2016-02-10, 01:52 PM   #35
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

James Gunn Says Infinity Stones Are “Not Really A Thing” In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 2

It seems the GOTG sequel will have a more personal story as the director has revealed the ragtag space misfits will not be be dealing with another power object known as an Infinity Stone.

Given there are still two Infinity Stones to be introduced in the Marvel Cinematic Universe before the two-part Avengers: Infinity War, next summer’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2 seemed to be the likely Phase 3 film where one of the gems would show up. Especially considering the first movie had established the Power Stone and its current whereabouts. However, writer/director James Gunn has dismissed that assumption during a Facebook Q&A, and also reiterated that a certain purple supervillain will not be in his Marvel sequel.

“As I've said before, Thanos isn't in this movie,” said James Gunn of Josh Brolin’s mad titan who is expected to make a full-fledge return in Avengers: Infinity War – Part I and Part II. “I think he's gonna have a little bit to do and say when it comes to a certain wars and infinity. We've got other fish to fry in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.” When asked about the fifth Infinity Stone (or sixth depending on whether Doctor Strange introduces one later this year) the filmmaker implies Vol 2 is more standalone. “We're not really so much about the Infinity Stones in Guardians 2,” he said. “Is that a spoiler? It's not really a thing.”

So, with that said as well as the recent speculation that Doctor Strange will be introducing the Time Stone to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the Soul Stone will not be a McGuffin in Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2. Which leaves Thor: Ragnarok, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Black Panther, or The Inhumans to introduce the last Infinity Stone if not in one of the two Infinity War movies. Only time will tell what Marvel is planning, but what do you think?

Unread 2016-02-12, 12:46 PM   #36
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

James Gunn Seemingly Talks Up Casting 'Mantis' Actress In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: VOL 2

Hit the jump and check out the latest from the Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2 writer/director as reiterates which characters won't appear, and praises a new member of the ragtag team

Yesterday saw the commencement of “pre-shooting” for the third “Phase Three” movie in the ever-growing Marvel Cinematic Universe, Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2. However, before principal photography gets underway, writer/director James Gunn once again took to Facebook to answer fan questions which revealed the exclusion of Infinity Stones, among other things. Also discussed during the 41-minute Q&A was the composer of the 2017 sequel, as well as the characters we shouldn’t expect to appear, and potentially new cast member Pom Klementieff, who is all but confirmed to join our space misfits as Mantis.

“Tyler Bates is back to do the score for Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2,” James Gunn said of the composer who scored the original movie. “He’s already written a lot of music for the [sequel] because we play the score on set. And he has done one piece in particular which I think is just the greatest thing he’s ever done. So, I’m very excited about that.”

Throughout the video, James Gunn had reconfirmed the exclusion of Ronan the Accuser, The Collector, Supernova and Nova in the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel, but reassured we’ll have more of Nebula, Yondu, and Kraglin, as well as more with the original members.

When Gunn was asked which Volume 2 cast member was the easiest to cast, he had talked up a new female cast member, but wouldn’t share her name nor the role she plays. “We have a new cast member playing a new member of the Guardians of the Galaxy and she was the most awesome and easiest person I’ve ever had to cast,” he teased. “She blew me the [frick] away. She’s amazing, and I can’t wait to share her with the world.” We’re almost certain he’s referring to newcomer Pom Klementieff playing Mantis, but we may not know for sure until Marvel Studios announces the ensemble cast, which might be “Next week I believe...Or at least most of them [will be announced],” said the director.

Unread 2016-02-17, 09:48 AM   #37
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

First Look At GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 2; Kurt Russell And More Officially Join Cast

Marvel has finally announced the commencement of filming on the GOTG sequel, and revealed a cool first look, as well as the inclusion of Kurt Russell among others in the ensemble cast

Marvel Studios has begun principal photography at Pinewood Studios in Atlanta, Georgia, on Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” which is slated to hit U.S. theaters on May 5, 2017. The production will shoot at Atlanta’s Pinewood Studios.

“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” is written and directed by James Gunn (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Slither”). The film marks the return of the original Guardians, including Chris Pratt (“Jurassic World,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Peter Quill/Star-Lord; Zoe Saldana (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Star Trek Into Darkness”) as Gamora; Dave Bautista (“Spectre,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) as Drax; Vin Diesel (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Furious 7”) as the voice of Groot; Bradley Cooper (“Joy,” “American Sniper”) as the voice of Rocket; Michael Rooker (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Jumper”) as Yondu; Karen Gillan (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “The Big Short”) as Nebula; and Sean Gunn (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Gilmore Girls”) as Kraglin. New cast members include Pom Klementieff (“Oldboy”), Elizabeth Debicki (“The Great Gatsby,” “Everest”), Chris Sullivan (“The Knick,” “The Drop”) and Kurt Russell (“The Hateful Eight,” “Furious 7”). UPDATE: James Gunn has confirmed via Facebook that six-time Academy Award-nominated actress Glenn Close will be returning as Nova Prime in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2”.

Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” continues the team’s adventures as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill’s true parentage.

“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” is produced by Marvel Studios’ president, Kevin Feige, with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Jonathan Schwartz, Nik Korda and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.

Director James Gunn’s creative team also includes director of photography Henry Braham (“The Legend of Tarzan,” “The Golden Compass”); production designer Scott Chambliss (“Star Trek,” “Tomorrowland”); editors Fred Raskin (“The Hateful Eight,” “Guardians of the Galaxy”) and Craig Wood (“Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End”); three time Oscar®-nominated costume designer Judianna Makovsky (“Captain America: Civil War,” “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”); Oscar®-nominated visual effects supervisor Chris Townsend (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”); stunt coordinator Tommy Harper (“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” ); co-producer / first assistant director Lars Winther (“Captain America: Civil War,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”); and six-time Oscar® nominee, special effects supervisor Dan Sudick (“Captain America: Civil War,” “The Avengers”).

The original “Guardians of the Galaxy” was a hit with critics and audiences alike, earning over $770 million at the worldwide box-office, and holds the record as the most successful debut film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. In addition, the film’s soundtrack went platinum and was nominated for a Grammy®.

Unread 2016-02-17, 02:58 PM   #38
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Marvel Adds Four New Actors To Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is an ever running machine. It doesn’t stop, and it doesn’t even slow down. We’re on the verge of Captain America: Civil War being released and Doctor Strange is still finishing off its production, but now we have a third picture that has begun filming. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is underway and in addition to our familiar team, four actors have been officially confirmed by director James Gunn to be joining the next chapter. Some have been rumored previously, while others are complete unknowns. Here’s a rundown of the new cast members, as confirmed by a studio press release.

Kurt Russell had been rumored for a role in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 for the last couple of months. The last we’d heard he still hadn’t read the script or even seen the first film, so he hadn’t committed to doing this one yet. He apparently liked when he saw as he’s now officially on board. The current rumor is that Russell will play Star-Lord’s father, though exactly which character that will turn out to be is still up in the air.

Pom Klementieff has been the actress that we’ve known was on board for a while now. The prevailing rumor has been that the Oldboy actress will be playing the role of Mantis and James Gunn has now confirmed that that is the case. Mantis has also been a character that has been directly involved with the Avengers in the comics, so there’s the potential that her role could extend far beyond Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Elizabeth Debicki is a relative newcomer to Hollywood although she had roles last year in both Everest and The Man from U.N.C.L.E.. Outside of that, she has a lead role in an Australian television series as well as a supporting role in a British TV series, both set for later this year. Debicki is half Australian and half Polish, though she was born in Paris, making her potential appeal literally global. We have no idea which character she’ll be playing, so let the speculation begin.

Finally, we have Chris Sullivan, probably best known for his role as Tom Cleary on the Cinemax series The Knick. As With Elizabeth Debicki, we’re pretty much in the dark as to who Sullivan will be playing but he’s a pretty big guy with a strong voice, so we’re going to tentatively go with Ego, the living planet. He’s just about the only other new character we believe will be appearing, and somebody will need to voice him.

Unread 2016-02-17, 02:59 PM   #39
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Just Confirmed One Of Its New Heroes

This morning James Gunn officially announced a number of new actors who have joined the cast for his Marvel follow-up, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. What he did not do when he announced the list of names, was give us any indication of who any of them will be playing. However, in a follow-up tweet, Gunn decided to throw us a bone and confirm the one character that we’d been most sure about already. Pom Klementieff has been officially confirmed as Mantis.
. @PomKlementieff is playing Mantis. As for the rest, you’ll have to wait. https://t.co/NG7ZYGj0YS
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) February 17, 2016
It’s no major spoiler for James Gunn to unveil Pom Klementieff as Mantis as that rumor has been floating around, unopposed, for months. Anybody who cared had already pegged Mantis as the most likely new member of the Guardians of the Galaxy and Klementieff made perfect sense as the actress to play the part. By Gunn officially confirming the character and the actress on Twitter he doesn’t actually give fans any new information, but he also hopes that little nugget of information will take people’s attention so they don’t start digging too closely into who the other actors may be portraying. He wants to keep that information quiet for another year or so.

Mantis as a character has been around since the 1970s. In that time, she’s interacted with virtually every corner of the Marvel universe, from the Guardians of the Galaxy to the Avengers. The character was originally rumored to be making an appearance in Avengers: Age of Ultron but that didn’t pan out. Now that the character is confirmed to be joining the MCU here, it will be interesting to see where she goes.

Now that we have confirmed the character we can focus our inquisitive minds on the questions of how she meets up with Peter Quill and company and how she’ll fit into the overall storyline. We don’t know very much about what the story of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 really is. All we really know for sure is what it is not. Writer James Gunn has said that the plot has very little to do with Thanos or Infinity Stones, so it won’t necessarily play into the larger storyline the MCU has been building and will instead be a more standalone movie.

Unread 2016-02-26, 06:00 PM   #40
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

GOTHAM Actor Tommy Flanagan Reportedly Joins The Cast Of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2

Another juicy casting rumor for you: word is Scottish actor Tommy Flanagan (Sons Of Anarchy, Sin City, Gotham) will play Yondu's right-hand man in James Gunn's Guardians Of The Galaxy sequel...

Another one from Heroic Hollywood here, as the site reports that Tommy Flanagan (most recently seen on Fox's Gotham) has joined the cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 as one of the Ravagers, and will apparently be Yondu's (Michael Rooker) second in command.

We recently heard that Yondu would actually be drafted in as a member of the Guardians in the sequel, but if that's true where does that leave his crew? Well, we also have another very interesting tidbit that may have something to do with that plot point. HH also reports that "The Ravagers have a bounty out on Rocket Raccoon which causes conflict within the group," so perhaps this is what leads to the crew splitting apart and Yondu joining his old pal Star Lord and the rest of the intergalactic A-holes?

Just speculation of course, and as always we'll have to take this casting scoop with the usual pinch of salt - but there's no doubt Flanagan would be a great addition to the cast.

Unread 2016-03-04, 10:28 PM   #41
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Sylvester Stallone Reportedly Cast In Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2

According to the Daily News, Sylvester Stallone has joined the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
"Sylvester Stallone was caught on camera Friday heading to the set of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.," they report. "He is pictured holding a script (click here), likely evidence of a role in the sequel to the 2014 blockbuster."
The 69-year-old actor, who was recently nominated for an Oscar for reprising his Rocky Balboa role in Ryan Coogler's Creed, "was spotted leaving an Atlanta hotel where the movie’s cast stays" and "then got into a car usually assigned to Chris Pratt."
Who might Stallone be playing? Perhaps, Peter Quill's (Pratt) father. We know that coveted role will appear in the sequel. However, most people assume Kurt Russell already snagged that part and a source for the Daily News says Stallone's role is just a cameo.
Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team's adventures as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill's true parentage.

Unread 2016-03-09, 12:53 PM   #42
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

JUDGE DREDD? Possible Details On Sylvester Stallone's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2 Role

We might just have confirmation that Stallone will indeed appear in GOTG Vol. 2, as well as some surprising details on the role he'll play. Plus, a certain character from the first film may be returning....

The other day we reported that Sylvester Stallone had been sighted leaving a hotel in Atlanta near where James Gunn is currently shooting his Guardians of the Galaxy sequel. Apparently the Creed actor was seen entering a vehicle usually used by Chris Pratt to travel to and from the set, with a copy of the movie's script in his hand.

Now while not all of that has been verified, it seems like pretty compelling evidence that Sly is going to have something to do with the movie, and now On Location Vacations reckon they've confirmed that he is indeed in GOTG Vol. 2.

Their source tells them that he was on set in a costume that looked a lot like a character Stallone has previously played, Judge Dredd.
"Now, this week, we’ve confirmed with someone on the set that Sylvester Stallone has indeed been filming scenes for Guardians of the Galaxy 2. The tipster, who wishes to remain anonymous, also told us, “His costume looks a lot like Judge Dredd.”
Is Ol' Stony Face going to cameo in a Marvel movie? Not likely. If this is indeed on the level, chances are Stallone is either playing a member of the Nova Corps or a Kree Accuser - who, when fully suited up, could bear some resemblance to Judge Dredd to a non-fan. Of course that's a guess - what do you guys think?

OLV has also received word that Howard the Duck will return for the sequel, though no other details on how he'll be reintroduced are provided.

Unread 2016-03-10, 02:18 PM   #43
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

New GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2 Cast Pic Sees Pom Klementieff Join The Team

James Gunn has posted a new BTS image of the GOTG team to his Facebook page. They're not in costume, but we do get our first look at Oldboy's Pom Klementieff (Mantis) alongside her new cast-mates.

We probably still have a bit of a wait until James Gunn unveils an offcial still from the currently shooting Guardians of the Galaxy sequel, but to tide us over the director has been sharing some cool behind-the-scenes snaps from the rehearsals.

This latest pic features Chris Pratt (Star Lord), Dave Bautista (Drax), Zoe Saldana (Gamora), Michael Rooker (Yondu), Karen Gillan (Nebula), Sean Gunn (Kraglin/double for Rocket), and the new kid of the block, Pom Klementieff (Mantis).

Gunn included the caption: High on believing. The Guardians of the Galaxy and frenemies.

Set to the all-new sonic backdrop of Awesome Mixtape #2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team’s adventures as they unravel the mystery of Peter Quill’s true parentage. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is produced by Marvel Studios’ president, Kevin Feige, with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Jonathan Schwartz, Nik Korda and Stan Lee serving as executive producers.

Unread 2016-03-31, 08:43 PM   #44
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

EXCLUSIVE UPDATE: Otherworldly Character Names Revealed For GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 2

If you care to know who Elizabeth Debicki, Tommy Flanagan, and Chris Sullivan are playing Volume 2, and whether or not they have roots in Marvel Comics, check out their names after the jump!

Thanks to the announcement Marvel Studios made at the start of principal photography, we know who will make up the principal cast of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 at this point. However, the roles played by newcomers Kurt Russell, Elizabeth Debicki, Tommy Flanagan, and Chris Sullivan have been a mystery… until now. Well, the identity of Russell’s character is still being kept under wraps (though he’s obviously playing Star-Lord’s father), but we do know who the other three actors are playing - or at least, what their characters’ names are.

According to an anonymous source tracking the production, Elizabeth Debicki is playing Ayesha in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, while Tommy Flanagan is Tullk, and Chris Sullivan is playing Tsarface! Now, the last character listed may be an original one, but true Marvel cosmic fans (or those capable of a quick Google search) may recognize the first two names.

An alien called Tullk Ul-Zyn had appeared in “Annihilation: Ronan Vol 1 1-2” working for the villainous Ronan the Accuser (who is believed to be dead in the MCU). And though it was previously reported that Tommy Flanagan will be one of Yondu’s (Michael Rooker) motley Ravagers, his character may be based on the one with the same first name in the comics.

As for Ayesha, there was a prominent character in Marvel Comics that went by that name, among other identities. Originally known as Paragon, the character shares her origin with Adam Warlock as they were created by the same group of scientists on earth to become genetic superhuman beings who’d later escape their creators and end up in outer-space. Doctor Strange played a role in Ayesha’s birth, and she even took up the Captain Marvel mantle at one point. Her full backstory is one too massive for a faithful cinematic portrayal, but could be who Elizabeth Debicki is bringing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Of course, James Gunn choosing these names may be a big coincidence, but what do you think?

UPDATE: It turns out Chris Sullivan's Tsarface is a typo on our part, and his character is actually named Taserface, who appeared in the original “Guardians of the Galaxy” comics.

Directed by James Gunn, Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2 stars Chris Pratt (Star-Lord), Zoe Saldana (Gamora), Dave Bautista (Drax), Bradley Cooper (Rocket Raccoon), Vin Diesel (Groot), Karen Gillan (Nebula), Sean Gunn (Kraglin), with Pom Klementieff (Mantis), and Michael Rooker (Yondu) and potentially Kurt Russell. And with filming well underway in and around Atlanta, Georgia, Volume 2 is set for release on May 5, 2017.

Unread 2016-04-24, 09:26 PM   #45
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

First Glimpse Of 'Yondu,' Ravagers And 'Taserface' On Set Of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 2

Revealing a blurry potential first look at one of the new characters in the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel, new photos have surfaced from the set also featuring Michael Rooker and Sean Gunn.

While director James Gunn and the whole Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 crew are in the final weeks of principal photography, or at least passed the halfway mark of production, some photos taken early last month have now surfaced from the set in Atlanta, Georgia.

Though a bit blurry, these photos give our first glimpse of Michael Rooker and Sean Gunn, who are returning to their respective roles as Ravagers, Yondu and Kraglin. And a few other actors were also spotted, but they’re in alien makeup/prosthetics too heavy to recognize.

However, even under all that makeup, one of those actors in the first photo below bears a strong resemblance and a similar 6’5” height to actor Chris Sullivan, who was among the new Guardians cast members that Marvel had announced back in February. Plus, we at CBM exclusively revealed last month that he will be playing a character named Taserface in the 2017 sequel. And judging by the ponytail/mohawk the actor is sporting, he’s almost certainly based on the same space warrior Taserface from the comics. Anyhow, check out the photos below courtesy of photographer Atlanta Filming of Twitter. What do you think?

Directed and written by James Gunn, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 stars Chris Pratt (Star-Lord), Zoe Saldana (Gamora), Dave Bautista (Drax), Bradley Cooper (Rocket Raccoon), Vin Diesel (Groot), Karen Gillan (Nebula), Sean Gunn (Kraglin), Pom Klementieff (Mantis), Elizabeth Debickiwith (Ayesha), Tommy Flanagan (Tullk), Chris Sullivan (Taserface), and Michael Rooker (Yondu) with Glenn Close (Nova Prime) and Kurt Russell. And with principal photography well underway in Atlanta, Georgia, Volume 2 is set for release on May 5,

Unread 2016-04-25, 03:13 PM   #46
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Nathan Fillion Is [Spoiler] In Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2

(Photo: ABC) Minor SPOILERS for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 follow.

Fan favorite Firefly star Nathan Fillion is Simon Williams, a.k.a. Wonder Man, in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
In the Marvel Comics Universe, Simon Williams is a former members of the Masters of Evil, and brother of villain the Grim Reaper, who reformed and joined the Avengers. Williams eventually retired from the Avengers to pursue an acting career. He was later dragged back into the Avengers’ active roster, despite becoming a pacifist, as a member of the Avengers Unity Division. He paid the ultimate price while defending the Earth from the Apocalypse Twins.

Photos surfaced online (via Jonathan Hunter) recently that show Fillion’s face on several mock movie posters surrounding a theater in Cartersville, Ga. The theater’s marquee reveals the theater is hosting a Simon Williams movie festival. The posters range in tone from romantic comedy Oh, Rebecca, to a Conan-esque poster for a movie about Conan-esque Marvel Comics character Arkon, and a Steve Jobs style poster for a biopic about Tony Stark, all starring Williams.

The shoot seems to confirm that a portion of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will take place on Earth, but whether it will be flashback or present day isn't clear. Some of the posters seem purposely dated in style, but it being a film festival means they could be showing older movies in the present day.

Unread 2016-05-31, 04:14 PM   #47
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Additionally, the report pins Elizabeth Debicki as the primary antagonist in "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2." Allegedly, she will play Ayesha, who also goes by Her, Kismet and Paragon. Like Adam Warlock, she was created by the Enclave, a group of scientists who attempted to create the perfect genetic being. In the comics, Ayesha was the Enclave's second creation, following only Adam Warlock, who she considers to be her perfect mate; as such, she seeks him out in order to propagate a new perfect race.

Unread 2016-07-24, 12:51 AM   #48
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

SDCC '16: Elizabeth Debicki Confirmed To Play Ayesha In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2

As rumored, Elizabeth Debicki will be playing Ayesha aka Kismet aka Her in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Does that mean Adam Warlock isn't too far behind? Plus, details on Mantis and Nebula.

As previosuly reproted in an exclusive from our own MarvelFreshman, Elizabeth Debicki will be playing Ayesha aka Kismet aka Her in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2. For those in the dark, Her was the second creation by the Enclave, a galactic organization comprised of the universe's most brilliant scientist. In their Citadel of Science, they sought to create the perfect mate for their first creation, Him aka Adam Warlock. Rather this is the route taken by James Gunn in the Guardians sequel remains to be seen. In addition, Chris Sullivan will be playing Taserface. In the film, it's Ayesha who solicits the help of the Guardians, who are now famous across the universe after their defeat of Ronan the Accuser. Of course, things don't go according to plan.

Pom Klementieff also briefly spoke during the panel, revealing that throughout her entire life, Mantis has only had contact with Kurt Russell's character (who was revealed to be Ego) prior to meeting the Guardians. That should certainly set the stage for some hilarious hi-jinks.

In other Guardians news, Gillan confirmed that that Nebula reluctantly works with her sister this time around but it's likely she won't become a full-fledged member of the team. She aslo revealed that Nebula will have hair this time around.

Unread 2016-07-24, 12:52 AM   #49
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Gets A Rock-And-Rollin' New Logo; Kurt Russell's Character Confirmed

Marvel Studios is putting on quite the show in Hall H and they've just debuted a very cool new logo for James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. They've also confirmed Kurt Russell's character!

It's official. Kurt Russell is playing Peter Quill a.k.a. Star-Lord's father in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 and he goes by the name of Ego, also known as The Living Planet. We weren't treated to too many extra details, but we did receive confirmation that his character does indeed have a penis. Take from that what you will.

Russell's Tango & Cash co-star Sylvester Stallone was also confirmed for a role, although details on his part were also kept under wraps. The entire cast, including Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, and Dave Bautista were present, and while we didn't get a trailer, Marvel Studios did treat us to a brand new logo for the film, check it out below:

On another note, Kevin Feige announced a brand new Guardians of the Galaxy-themed ride at Disneyland California, titled Mission: BREAKOUT! Check out the first look below:

Unread 2016-07-24, 09:41 AM   #50
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Kurt Russell Confirmed as Ego the Living Planet in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Kurt Russell is playing a BIG Marvel villain in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Russell was confirmed as Ego the Living Planet in a new trailer that debuted during Marvel Studios' big Hall H presentation Saturday night at SDCC. Not only will Russell be playing the classic Marvel movie, the trailer also revealed that Ego is (allegedly) Peter Quill's father in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
ComicBook.com's own LucasSiegel was at the panel and gave us all the juicy details. Russell emerged from a giant egg-shaped "thing" and introduced himself to Peter and the other Guardians as Ego. Ego explained to Peter that he came to Earth to experience what it was like to be human. In order to do that, Ego created what he thought a biological being looked like. The trailer ended withDrax asking Ego if he also created a penis to go with his assumed biological form, to which Ego replied "Yes, Drax, I got a penis. It's not half bad, either."
When Russell was first announced as joining the Guardians of the Galaxy cast, most presumed he was playing Starlord's father. However, no one guessed that Russell would play one of the weirdest villains in the Marvel universe. Created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Ego first appeared as a Thor villain, but has also battled Nova, the Silver Surfer, Galactus, and the Fantastic Four. As his name suggests, Ego is an actual living planet, complete with a brain, a digestive system and an immune system. He also possesses extremely powerful psionic powers.