Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2010-08-17, 03:59 PM   #1
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like
Default Is DC ready to tackle their red speed demon, The Flash?

Can the WB successfully remove the cobwebs, dust off their shelved speedster and bring him back to the screen in our day and age?
Of course they can!!! What kind of simple minded question is that! In fact, comics aside, they’re own Flash series from the 80ies still rocks to this day, just as much as Burton’s Batman in my opinion. Sure the performances aren’t award winning all around but I still find that John Wesley Shipp brought Barry Allen to life in a much better way than even Christopher Reeve did Superman! In fact, John Shipp did the one thing no other hero brought to screen before him ever did… be bad ass!!! Okay, so as youngsters we didn’t have anything more than Adam West and Chris Reeve in the live action genre. But look at where we are today! I’m not sure we would have even gotten a dark and gritty Batman had it not been for him to begin with. Back in the 80ies, The Flash brought proof that comic book heroes weren’t just for the kiddies.

Today however, we do have a slight problem. And that is the fact that Barry Allen hasn’t been The Flash ever since he “passed” the torch to Wally West, decades ago. And honestly, personality wise, those two characters couldn’t be farther apart. The new generation of comic book readers as well as Saturday morning cartoon watchers, have all grown up with Wally instead of Barry. And although Wally can be a hoot and a holler in the same sense that Impulse is in Young Justice, he’s definitely no Barry Allen. And just to add insult to injury, the fans’ top choice to ever play Wally West has always been Ryan Reynolds. Now look at him, he’s Hal Jordan: The Green Lantern! And as much as I wanted him as Wally all along, the more I see him as Hal, the more I think he fits him to a “T”, and even more so than Wally! Hal’s character is cocky enough to bring the comic relief to the Justice League without pulling an “Episode One” on them and over “Jar Jar Jinxing” it like Wally might be more prone to doing. Of course I’m exaggerating but after getting two realistically gritty Bat-films by Nolan and getting news that he’ll be overseeing the next Superman film which will be a complete reboot of the franchise in a much more serious fashion, logic demands that they would follow the same path with their speedster and guiding light if they ever wanted to bring them altogether in the same epic basket. And in my opinion, there is only one way to do so. Bring back Barry Allen!!!

In regards to the people’s choice of who Barry Allen should be portrayed by, it doesn’t matter which site, blog or forum you go to, the consensus is that Matthew Fox is the ONLY “perfect” choice of actors to pick up where the great John Wesley Shipp left off! If any of you had any doubts from seeing him in Speed Racer, they surely have all been laid to rest after witnessing his weekly performance in all six seasons of LOST on television. Fox’s character Jack has all the same qualities and faults as Barry Allen had in his own tv series. He’s fierce, brash, passionate and heroic and would stop at nothing to do what he felt needed to be done! Make no mistake about it; Matthew Fox is the living embodiment of Barry Allen until someone comes in the spotlight to prove us all wrong. So my question to the WB is; do you guys have the balls to give us fans what we want and make a shit-load of money doing it? If so then BRING IT!!! While you’re all at it, bring out the Flash Videogame that was never released which its trailers blew the socks off of all your fans! And for the art fans that came on here not expecting all of this reading material, fret not for I have brought it as well! Here is my latest sketch! I have based this sketch on John Shipp’s own incredibly epic Flash costume (for its time), tweaked the eye pieces of his mask and completely re-designed his chest insignia for a feature box office film version of our beloved Super Speeding Hero! Without further ado I give you…

Matthew Fox as The Flash/Barry Allen!!!

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-10-27, 02:26 PM   #2
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Marc Guggenheim Says The Flash Is "3 Movies In One", Seems To Confirm Barry Allen

In an interview with Newsarama, writer Marc Guggenheim speaks a little about what we can expect to see when a big screen outing for The Flash finally comes our way..
I think most people assumed that Barry Allen would be the incarnation of The Flash we would be seeing, but so far nothing has really been confirmed either way. Now Guggenheim, who is writing the screenplay for the movie, seems to do just that. He also talks about the tone of the film and his favourite runs on the comic.

"We are working on The Flash movie now and typing away..We are being true to whole Barry Allen science police, [back then] that's what foresic exanimers were, we are being true to those origins and updating them for the 21st century and I feel like, in many ways, the movie, it's three movies in one, it's part thriller, that forensic, cool, se7en, Silence of the Lambs then part superhero movie and part sports movie because there is an athleticism to this character that other superheroes don't have so that's fun to play with and you get to see how all three of those elements form each other and make the whole movie even better.

Guggenheim also says that the run on the comic dearest to his heart is the Mike Baron run, volume 2. Which of course focuses on Wally West! But he quickly goes back to Allen when he says what comics the movie will actually take from.

We're focusing on a lot of different eras. But I think a lot of Geoff Johns stuff, and Marc Wade, with the philosophy of speed is an influence. And we have also tried to take from the old Silver age Barry Allen stories.

Guggenheim was next asked about a possible Green Lantern cross over, to which he replied that those decisions are "a little above my pay grade", but that he has always wanted cross overs and campaigns for them so who knows?

So, sounds like we are in for a pretty strange original film at least! What are your thoughts on the direction so far? You can listen to the full video interview by clicking the link below.

Unread 2010-10-28, 02:50 PM   #3
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

RUMOR: Chris Pine To Be The Flash?!?

After Bradley Cooper publicly denied being in the running for The Flash the rumor mill has churned out a different name for The Fastest Man Alive!
Chris Pine is a pretty busy guy these days. After hitting box office gold playing Captain Kirk in the 2009 reboot of Star Trek he's gotten a lot of work. With the 2012 Star Trek reboot sequel coming up and being tagged to revamp Jack Ryan in the upcoming film 'Moscow', Chris Pine is swamped.

Out of the rumor mill, being reported from several reputable sites like Moviehole and Screenrant, Chris Pine is now being considered for the role of Barry Allen AKA The Flash in the new 'Flash' movie Warner's has in the pipeline.

Take this with a grain of salt, but is it a bad rumor? No. But with Chris Pine's upcoming schedule it doesn't seem like he'll be up and running anytime soon as The Flash. But here's hoping!

Unread 2010-12-09, 04:58 PM   #4
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

More from Marc Guggenheim on The Flash Movie Treatment!

Chatting with MTV once more, Co-writer of Barry Allen, Marc Guggenheim talks a bit about the tentative Flash movie, as well 'The Rogues' and they're saving for the sequel.

Following his first segment where the Green Lantern adaption was discussed, MTV News' Rick Marshall has posted the 2nd segment of his Q&A session with comic writer Marc Guggenheim. Now discussing The Flash live-action adaption, check out the interview below.

I'm a big fan of the Wally West iteration of The Flash, so I have to ask: What goes into the decision when you're choosing which version of a popular character to focus on? We have the Hal Jordan version of Green Lantern and now the Barry Allen version of The Flash, so how did you decide that Barry Allen is the one to go with for the "Flash" movie?
"It's very similar for the whole reason we went with Hal for the Green Lantern. That’s the Silver Age character. That’s the character people grew up on. That’s the name first associated with that character. So part of it is honoring the legacy aspect, and the other aspect is just practical — you can go forward, but you can’t really go backward. You can’t start with Kyle Rayner, and then do a movie with Hal Jordan.

Just from a practical standpoint, I feel it's better to go in a linear, generational fashion than it is to double back — which is not to say that Kyle and Wally aren’t phenomenal versions of the character. They are, and they are near and dear to my heart. We just have to get up to them."

You've said before that there's going to be a mix of procedural crime story and superhero stuff in the "Flash" movie. How are you finding a balance between the criminal investigation part of Barry’s history and the superhero thing?
"Not to keep drawing comparisons from "Green Lantern," but it's hard not to... With "Green Lantern," what we were doing was combining a space opera with a superhero movie. Here, we’re combining a crime thriller with a superhero movie. There's also an element of a sports movie, because the character is so physical and I feel like there is an athleticism to his power that other superheroes don’t have. I think that's pretty cool.

When Barry Allen was the character, he was a science policeman. We’re obviously updating that and now he’s in forensics and CSI. The tone is sort of darker, and more like "Seven" and "Silence of the Lambs" in that mysterious and noir-ish way, which is also working in conjunction with the superhero elements. It's a lot of fun. I think the character is made for a story and a screenplay that gives you more than the sum of its parts."

I’m sure you can’t give away who the villain is or key things here, but can you tell us who it won’t be? Is Gorilla Grodd out of the mix? Is there anything you can tell us about Flash's rogues gallery and how it's represented in the script?
"[Laughs] Flash has a spectacular rogues gallery. You know it’s funny, because we’ve been trying to come up with a good joke about the cast. Let's see... You won’t see Chunk in it. We’re saving Chunk for the sequel. [Laughs]"

But you can't give me anything on the rogues, huh? What about Rainbow Raider? Fans are dying to see Roy G. Bivolo make his big-screen debut...
"[Laughs] You know, Warner Bros. has one of my kids hostage and they’ll kill her if…"

Okay, okay... I don't want to endanger anyone. Thanks for the update, Marc!

Rick Marshall points out that Guggenheim also says hes currently putting the finishing touches on a "Flash" script with co-writers Michael Green and Greg Berlanti.

Unread 2012-03-28, 04:41 PM   #5
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Work Still Moving Ahead On THE FLASH?

Wrath of the Titans screenwriter Dan Mazeau, who once wrote a draft of The Flash script for Warner Bros., has revealed that the studio are still working on bringing other DC superheroes to the big screen and Barry Allen is high on their list.

With The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel both on their way, comic book fans are still patiently waiting for Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment to bring some of their other superheroes to the big screen now that the Harry Potter franchise has come to a close. Talking to blastr while promoting Wrath of the Titans, screenwriter Dan Mazeau (who once wrote a draft of The Flash for the studio) revealed the following. "I think Warner Bros. is finalizing their strategy of how they want to roll out their DC superheroes and obviously they've got Batman in an incredibly great place and Green Lantern, I think, performed okay. I think they probably would have liked it to have done better, but yeah, there is still a whole lot of excitement for the DC universe and I know The Flash is very high on the list."

"It's like anything though,"
he added. "It has to come together with the right cast. It has to come together with the right director and sort of the right moment and so they're trying to push the rock up the hill...hopefully there will be some news soon, but right now I can't really say anything else. As for his take on the movie, he confirmed that the Flash would have been Barry Allen but, "For fans of Wally [West], there were some things in that script that would make them happy also." So, it seems as if Mazeau has some sort of idea about the status of planned adaptation, but we are yet to hear anything official (Greg Berlanti, Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim are said to be working on it). Is The Flash still on the top of your most wanted list of superhero adaptations? Sound off with your thoughts in the usual place.

Unread 2012-08-25, 10:17 AM   #6
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

EDITORIAL: Six Directors Who Should Be Considered For THE FLASH

With The Flash likely heading to the big screen within the next few years, I've compiled a list of six directors who I think are qualified to properly bring the Fastest Man Alive to life in his long in-development movie.

Among the various DC Comics projects that Warner Bros. have been developing over the years is The Flash. Last we heard on the movie, Green Lantern scribes Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim were working on the script. With the Justice League movie likely being the Fastest Man Alive's big screen debut, WB will probably release a solo Flash spin-off if the DC assembly is successful enough.

The Flash is a tricky character to get right on the big screen. Despite rumors that it'll be a darker take on the Scarlet Speedster, I'd prefer if the film was a full-on action comedy. Below, I have listed six (err, seven) directors who I think are capable of doing The Flash justice in his first movie.

Chris Miller/Phil Lord
21 Jump Street

The directing duo released their surprise hit action comedy reboot 21 Jump Street earlier this year, proving that they're experienced enough in the genre to take on a comic book movie. The two have been hired by Warner Bros. to direct their LEGO movie, which is set for an early 2014 release and will actually feature cameos from Batman and Superman. So if that film is well-received, I can see WB wanting to hire Miller and Lord to direct a bigger project.

Shawn Levy
Real Steel

Levy was actually attached to helm The Flash a few years ago, but left because he wanted to have more experience before directing a big movie like that. I would love for him to come back and direct this movie. He's proven that he can handle both action (Real Steel) and comedy (Night At The Museum) very well, something which is essential for The Flash. It also helps that he's a fan of the character, and wants to see the movie's script done right.

Edgar Wright
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

I'd be surprised if Wright would be interested in directing a DC Comics movie any time soon, seeing that he'll soon film Ant-Man for Marvel Studios. But there's no denying that his usual directing style would be perfect for a Flash movie. Wright can make an action/comedy film excellently and actually make it fun/light-hearted (I had a blast with Scott Pilgrim). These ingredients would conceive the perfect Flash movie.

Andrew Stanton
Finding Nemo

Stanton recently made his live action directorial debut with this year's John Carter, which ended up being quite the bomb at the box office (although the movie was far from terrible, and deserved to do much better financially). While Stanton did a solid job directing the sci-fi epic, I think he'd be better suited for The Flash. He can easily direct colorful films (Finding Nemo) and excels at character development (WALL-E).

Ruben Fleischer
Zombieland

This is probably the most unusual choice on the list. Fleischer previously directed two R-rated comedies before helming the recently delayed Gangster Squad for Warner Bros. If WB want to have The Flash be a darker action comedy, then Fleischer would be a very solid choice. He can certainly direct a dark comedy without abandoning the fun factor (a la Zombieland). I can see WB wanting to hire Fleischer for a bigger project if Gangster Squad is a success.

Josh Trank
Chronicle

Out of all the directors on this list, Trank is probably the least likely to be hired to direct The Flash (any time soon at least), due to his being attached to several projects (including Fox's Fantastic Four reboot). Hopefully he'll have time to direct a DC film in the near future. The young director has only directed Chronicle, but with that low-budget found footage film, he proved himself to be one of the best new directors in recent years. So I'll be looking forward to anything he puts out in the future. Plus, Trank is attached to helm the comic book adaptation Red Star for WB, so if that film is a big enough success for the studio, hopefully the director will be hired to helm a DC film.

Unread 2013-07-23, 08:41 PM   #7
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like
Default 10 Must Haves For THE FLASH Movie

The Flash is one of DC Comics most famous and beloved superhero, so with a DCCU on the rise here is a 10 step Bible on how to successfully adapt The Flash for a big screen motion picture. Read on, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Last Week's "10 Must Haves..." Can Be Viewed Here

The Flash is one of DC Comics most popular superheroes; the fact that he hasn’t received a feature film and Marvel’s Quicksilver will appear in not one but two feature films is downright shocking. But with a DC Cinematic Universe on the rise, it is inevitable that we will see The Fastest Man Alive (see what I did there) on the big screen. Unlike Batman or Superman, The Flash is a tricky superhero to tackle. While his powers are freaking awesome, the general audience might not care, so here is a 10 step Bible on how to make The Flash movie. So enjoy part four of my “10 Must Haves…” series. Thanks To SnapperCarr who gave me some good ideas on what to change from the original article.

1. Barry Allen

While Barry Allen is neither the first Flash nor the last, he is however the most popular and has had the greatest number of stories. Like Hal Jordan, Barry Allen is the version of The Flash that most people know, having such great storylines like The Flash: Rebirth and many more. Barry Allen is a great friend of Hal Jordan, which would be interesting to see the duo on the big screen together. One thing Barry Allen is more famous for is his death. His death was an emotional and controversial moment in comics, killing off such a major character like The Flash was ballsy and it worked. This characteristic proved that Barry is willing to give his own life to save the rest of the team, something that is a must for a Justice League movie.

2. Finding The Right Director

Finding the right director for a film like The Flash is crucial, as it will make or break the film as a whole. There are many candidates for the director’s chair, but only one person will get the job (unless Warner Bros’ hirer the Wachowski’s). With Zack Snyder directing Man Of Steel, it is time to find a director who is visually stunning and can tell an emotional and action packed story all at the same time. Cue Michael Bay… I’m joking, don’t crucify me. Could you imagine Michael Bay directing Beast Boy the movie? Anyway back to The Flash, for the director of the film my personal pick would be Duncan Jones. Known for directing such brilliant films like Moon & Source Code, Duncan’s tone and camera work would be excellent in a Flash film.

3. Embrace The Character

The Flash’s character is a bit unrealistic, in fact he is unrealistic but so is the entire Superhero genre. That being said, Warner Bros’ should embrace The Flash’s unrealisticness if they want this film to succeed. When WB’s made Green Lantern they tried to tell a gritty and dark story with a character who isn’t gritty and dark, The Flash isn’t a gritty and dark character, so making a gritty and dark story really isn’t needed. The Flash can run really fast, that’s his super power, don’t change that. While I am not implying that Warner Bros’ should change the entire origin of The Flash, but just change a few things.

4. You Can Be Original But Don’t Forget To Take Things From The Comics

The Flash has some fantastic storylines, my personal favourite is The Flash: Rebirth which could be used in a potential sequel, but for the first film we need an origin story with a villain that is you know, evil. The Flash doesn’t have the greatest of villains; I mean he has a villain that is a damn Gorilla. That being said, a majority of The Flash’s storylines take place after Barry Allen has become The Flash, so with the first film I recommend you be original. Come up with a story that will bring an audience in whilst taking elements from the comics and TV shows. One thing that the comics have that the film does not need, is Jay Garrick. It would confuse the audience, something a Flash film does not need

5. Budget

I would be the one to argue and say this is the reason why a Flash movie hasn’t been made. I mean seriously, The Flash is a visual character; his look and abilities would not look right if they weren’t done on a budget that can withstand the character. I mean sure, we could have had a Flash movie in 2007, but CGI and SFX have only gotten stronger since, so I believe now is the right time to bring the character to the screen. Like Man Of Steel, Warner Bros’ should expect The Flash to be the beginning of a huge franchise, and rightfully so. This is why I believe budget is one of the most important parts in making a Flash movie, if WB’s give whoever the director is, a budget of $250 million, we might get a good Flash movie, but if WB’s gave a director a budget of $175 million, we might have a better film. If the director has less money to use on effects and CGI, the director and crew must focus on story and character development, something superheroes films have been missing as of late.

6. Find The Right Tone

As I said earlier, The Flash is unrealistic. But so is a madman wearing a bat suit and an alien from a dead planet, so it seems we are all on the same page. When making The Flash movie, Warner Bros’ must be very careful with the tone of the film. The last thing I want is a Green lantern version of The Flash where we have dark and gritty meets Gossip Girl. The Flash’s comic book series, is very similar in tone to that of the Marvel films or The Amazing Spider-Man. If DC and Warner Bros’ want another successful franchise they would use The Amazing Spider-Man & X-Men: First Class as ideal tone setters. First Class had one of , if not the best tone for a comic book movie I have ever seen, it was perfect. So DC and Warner Bros’ use First Class as an inspiration so to say. Of course this film would tie in with Man Of Steel, so the tone would have to be similar, and honestly I think First Class had a very similar tone to that of Man Of Steel, so no problem there. Obviously this movie would be set after Man Of Steel so, the world in which The Flash lives should be a post Superman world.

7. Captain Cold Must Be The Villain

Captain Cold is one hilarious villain. I mean seriously, his name is horrific. But he has a badass premise. I mean he can freeze you and then you’re dead. How do you make someone like Captain Cold cool? You update him. Captain Cold could be an assassin who is hired by someone to kill Barry Allen, how cool would it be to have an assassin who just freezes you and then you’re dead. He’d be the most dangerous foe on the face of the Earth. Or we could go the typical New 52 style. While not a bad thing, Captain Cold’s origin in the New 52 is quite an emotional one, which could be used to the films’ advantage. Captain Cold has potential to be the next Doctor Octopus on the big screen; he is so bizarre that it just might work.

8. A Badass Soundtrack

Now if anyone knows me, you’d know I’m a huge Tron Legacy fan. I adore that film; it is honestly one of the most underrated Sci-Fi films I have ever seen. One thing that I love about it is its soundtrack. Whoever came up with the idea of Daft Punk doing the music for a Tron film deserves a lifetime supply of pats on the back? Now when I read a Flash comic book, for some bizarre reason I always picture Daft Punk playing when The Flash is running or when he is fighting, something about Daft Punk’s music and tone, fit so well with The Flash, so why not let Daft Punk do the score? I mean it’d attract a lot of sales (Tron Legacy’s soundtrack sold over 80,000 copies in Australia and France alone) I don’t think any fan would not love Daft Punk scoring a Flash movie, it’s a match made in heaven.

9. The Costume

The Flash’s costume is one of the coolest and best looking costumes in all of comic book history, the all red with the bright yellow boots, it’s iconic stuff. Does that mean it’ll translate well to the big screen? Well maybe, actually it depends which suit you use. The new 52 Flash suit is really cool, I love the look of it, it’s beautiful. That’s the sought of thing I want on the big screen. Man Of Steel had a very realistic and dark Superman suit, which will obviously get updated in sequels and such, so I think creating a Flash costume should be very simple. Take the new 52 suit, add a bit of Nolan’s army Batman suit on it and boom, we have a good looking Flash suit.

10. No Bradley Cooper

For the last time fanboys, Bradley Cooper isn’t going to play The Flash. He never has and never will. Does that mean we will never find the right person to play Barry Allen? Wrong sir! I have found him, actor Charlie Hunnam. Charlie is appearing in this year’s Pacific Rim and looks to be one of the strong points of the film. Having already worked with Warner Bros’ on Pacific Rim I think Charlie is one of the names being mentioned when talking about The Fastest Man Alive. In the comments below let me know who you think would play an awesome Flash*. (*= No Bradley Cooper or Ryan Gosling)

Unread 2014-10-15, 05:21 PM   #8
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like
Default The Flash (movie)

UPDATE: Ezra Miller To Play Movie Version Of THE FLASH

Well, it appears as if we can forget seeing Grant Gustin suit up as the Scarlet Speedster on the big screen as Warner Bros. have revealed today - following the unveiling of their DC Comics release slate - that Ezra Miller (The Perks of Being a Wallflower ) will play The Flash.

Following the reveal of their upcoming DC Comics movies (which you can read all about by clicking here), Warner Bros. have revealed that Ezra Miller will play the big screen version of The Flash. You'll have to click on the link above for details on when and where he'll turn up, but this obviously confirms that we won't see any sort of crossover between the television and movie universes. It's worth noting that Miller bears something of a resemblence to Star Wars Episode VII's Adam Driver who was said to be up for the role of Nightwing in Batman v Supeman: Dawn of Justice, but it could be that he was in fact being lined up for The Flash instead. This is an unexpected choice, but Miller has delivered stellar performances in movies The Perks of Being a Wallflower and We Need to Talk About Kevin.

Unread 2014-10-15, 05:35 PM   #9
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 261
Likes (Given): 2195
Likes (Received): 1605
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

as the flash? What lol
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-01-22, 10:49 PM   #10
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ezra Miller On When He Found Out He Was THE FLASH

While at the Sundance film festival, The Hollywood Reporter interviewed Ezra Miller about his upcoming films. During the discussion, Miller recalled the moment in which he first learned that he would be playing The Flash on the big screen for WB.

In October, Warner Bros. listed off all of the comic book movies that they will be releasing over the next five years. One of the, was a solo film for The Flash. That film will arrive in theaters March 23, 2018. They then announced that the Scarlet Speedster will be played by Ezra Miller, who is best known for his role in Perks Of Being A Wallflower and We Need to Talk About Kevin.

We haven't heard anything from Miller since the announcement was made, but The Hollywood Reporter caught up with him at Sundance a few days ago and asked him about the moment he learned he landed the role. "Zack Snyder told me on the phone that he wanted me to play the Flash while I was eating a tilapia in a small Central American village," Ezra Miller said. "That was definitely a moment that prompted me to question the fabric of my reality."

Unread 2015-01-29, 06:55 PM   #11
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ezra Miller Talks Long-Term Contract To Play THE FLASH

Ezra Miller admits to a small bit of nervousness about signing a long-term contract to play The Flash in Warner Bros. Justice League movie but at the end of the day, Miller admits that he would have signed the contract no matter how many years he was obligated to play the role.

Hollywood up-and-comer Ezra Miller may have been a polarizing choice to play The Flash in WB's budding cinematic universe, but that isn't stopping the young actor from enjoying this potentially career-defining moment. When asked about whether he's excited to know that he's potentially going to have a job for quite a long time, Miller stated, "It's a mixed bag but I'm happy - I'm going to say I feel really happy about it in one way because the idea of actually having a steady job in my life is actually incredibly comforting. It's something I didn't necessarily think I would ever have. And then of course, there are the moments when responsibility-dodging, adolescent-me is like, 'No, I don't wan to' [laughs]. [But] that's a very small part. At this point, it's a diminishing voice. Every time I think about that reality, it makes me extremely happy. I'm really stoked and I would do it for forty years. That contract could have said anything."

Unread 2015-04-09, 09:33 PM   #12
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

CONFIRMED: Phil Lord And Chris Miller Developing THE FLASH Movie For Warner Bros.

There had been rumblings of The LEGO Movie and 22 Jump Street helmers Phil Lord and Christopher Miller having some sort of involvement with The Flash starring Ezra Miller, but it's now been confirmed. What will they be doing exactly? Well, you can find that out after the jump...

Deadline reports that Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are working on a story for Warner Bros.' planned big screen adaptation of The Flash. As of right now, it's only a story treatment that the duo are developing and the site points out that they are not yet attached to direct. It could be that they just come up with a story for the studio to then enlist another writer or they might write the script themselves. Right now though, it's just a treatment, but hopefully they do end up writing and directing! Fans have been wondering when The LEGO Movie directors might tackle a superhero movie, and while there were rumblings of some sort of animated Spider-Man spinoff, that was before Sony teamed up with Marvel. Ezra Miller is set to play The Flash - it's not clear if he'll star as Barry Allen or Wally West - and it has a release date of March 23rd, 2018. What do you think?

Unread 2015-05-18, 07:12 PM   #13
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Phil Lord Talks THE FLASH Movie; Says He "Believes" It'll Be 'Barry Allen' In The Red Suit

Last month we got confirmation that The LEGO Movie duo Chris Miller and Phil Lord would set about developing the story for Warner Bros.' big-screen take on the Fastest Man Alive. After the jump, find out what Lord has to say about the direction they're going in, and how it'll differ from the CW show...

Along with his creative partner Chris Miller, Phil Lord has become one of the most in-demand writers (and directors for that matter) in Hollywood, and last month we found out that the pair would next be turning their attention to Warner Bros.' The Flash movie. Lord was a guest on the HippoJuice Podcast recently, and spoke for the first time about where he and Miller are with the story. By the sounds of things they're trying to find a way to ensure this take on the Scarlet Speedster stands apart from the CW TV series, even though their incarnation of The character - who'll be played by Ezra Miller - will most likely also be Barry Allen. Interestingly, Lord also describes The Flash as "kind of a stand-alone movie".
"We’re trying to break a story. It’s interesting, because there’s a really popular TV show out there, and we’re trying to carve out space for the movie that’s apart from that. I think we’re doing alright. … I believe [our Flash] is going to be Barry Allen. … It’s going to be it’s own [thing, apart from the TV show] — we’re more trying to stick with the cinematic universe… it really is its own thing, and kind of a stand-alone movie. We’re just trying to think of the best story. I think you guys will like it, it’s kind of a different take on superhero stuff."
Obviously he doesn't mean the film won't be a part of the DC Cinematic Universe, but that comment does suggest that this could definitely end up having a decidedly different tone/vibe to the other DC-based flicks currently in development. Lord and Miller are still not confirmed to direct The Flash, but if they do sign on we might well wind up with something very special indeed.

Of course, the duo are also working on an animated Spider-Man adventure for Sony, and here's what Lord had to say about that. "We’re sort of juggling superheroes with the color red in them, that’s all we do,"We’re trying not to confuse their powers or anything, but it does get tricky. But it’s the same thing, is there a way to do one of these movies in a new way? That’s the exciting thing about it being animated, is it opens up a lot of different possibilities." Lord then describes both projects as being "off a little bit to the side."

Unread 2015-07-16, 01:29 PM   #14
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

The Flash: Ezra Miller Talks Superhero Physics and Landing the Role

Ezra Miller talks the perks of being The Flash

When Ezra Miller was cast as Barry Allen/The Flash for a solo movie as well as participation in other DC Cinematic Universe movies such as Justice League it was considered an unconventional choice, but a recent interview with MTV shows that the acclaimed indie actor (The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Stanford Prison Experiment) is more than game to take on the role.
“Barry Allen is the hero of the Silver Age who follows a lot of really interesting discoveries in physics,” says Miller. “Where he comes from is where we figured out the Event Horizon was there, and he was the character who was created through our mythos machine of comic books to break that Event Horizon, so you could explore in fantasy… I think that’s an interesting idea. And, what’s an interesting idea to me is, ‘What the f**k does that do to someone?’”
Miller’s infectious enthusiasm also extends to “The Flash” TV series, whose second season begins airing on The CW this October 6.
“I’m not avoiding it at all,” Miller says of the show. “I think it’s awesome! C’mon, we’re The Flash! It’s parallel universes! Grant Gustin is The Flash AND I’m The Flash, don’t you see? It’s the Event Horizon, we crossed it baby! Grant and I are chillin’, we’re gonna have a race, it’s gonna be dope. Like Jay Garrick and Barry Allen back in the day.”
An admitted longtime comic book fan, Miller is using his role as a means to truly do a deep dive into fanboy lore.
“I’ve been a comic guy, but I’m going in as hard as possible because I have a serious excuse to,” Miller enthuses. “I have the ultimate license to geek out SO HARD all the time!”

Unread 2015-09-02, 05:11 PM   #15
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ezra Miller Reportedly States That His FLASH Costume Will Have A "Post Apocalyptic" Appearance

Some very interesting details about the appearance of the big screen version of The Flash have surfaced. The source? According to one fan, Ezra Miller himself! If these are accurate, it's clear that this version of the Scarlet Speedster will have little in common with Grant Gustin's...

Despite the photo which appears to verify the claims made in the Tweet below, I'd caution taking it with a pinch of salt for the time being as any "Exclusive" to come from a Twitter account with less than 150 followers is a little dubious. However, giving it the benefit of the doubt, there's no denying that the information revealed here is very interesting indeed. We've heard rumours about Ezra Miller showing up in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice before so that's no great surprise, while him having long hair was confirmed in the promo art shown at this year's Comic-Con.

What's really interesting here is the talk of a "post apocalyptic" style costume for Barry Allen? The dark and gritty look of the DC Extended Universe means it was always going to have an edgier look than the bright red version from the comics, but this sounds like a very unique direction to take the character in. What do you expect it to look like? As always sound of with your theories below.

Unread 2015-10-05, 10:53 AM   #16
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Seth Grahame-Smith to Direct The Flash Movie

The Flash movie is one step closer to a reality, as it now has a director. Seth Grahame-Smith will direct the DC Comics adaptation for film starring Ezra Miller as Barry Allen, according to a report by THR. He will write the screenplay for the movie, as well.
The movie is off a treatment by The LEGO Movie writer/director pair Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who were also being considered to direct initially - they since have signed on with Lucasfilm to direct what is likely (but still not officially announced) a Han Solo prequel film under the "Star Wars Story" brand.
The Flash will take place in the shared DC movie universe that started with Man of Steel and takes a big leap forward with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which will introduce Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and The Flash into that world.

Unread 2015-10-09, 08:27 AM   #17
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

THE FLASH Will Apparently Have A "Tech-Based" Costume For His Big-Screen Outing

Remember the rumor that Ezra Miller described his costume for The Flash as "post apocalyptic" to a fan? Well, now have some new information that backs that up and also adds a few extra details. Apparently, the movie outfit will resemble the one from the Injustice: Gods Among Us video game...

Early last month, Ezra Miller (allegedly) spilled some details about his role as The Flash in Warner Bros.' movie adaptation, and he described the costume he'd be wearing as "post apocalyptic". This conjured images of the character's suit from the Injustice: Gods Among Us video game in fan's minds, and it seems they might well have been on the right track.

According to Den Of Geek, the movie costume will be "tech-based" in an effort to avoid "any comparison to the well designed and received TV version". We figured the designers would want to do something different, and the site's sources reckon they're taking inspiration directly from the Gods Among Us game to come up with an outfit that will "look more like armor".

Also, word is Miller's Barry Allen will be something of a "tech-geek" in addition to his forensic scientist day job - so he may not even seek outside help to design his suit as he does on the CW series.

Unread 2015-11-10, 06:23 PM   #18
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Update On THE FLASH Movie Script; Separate DC Film & TV Universes Confirmed (Again)

It's been stated numerous times of course, but in a new interview producer Charles Roven dashes any hope for some kind of DCEU and television crossover. He also offers a brief update on the status of Seth Grahame-Smith's script for The Flash's big screen outing. More past the jump...

It always seemed fairly obvious that Warner Brothers had no plans to amalgamate their TV and movie universes, but after the popularity of shows' like Arrow and The Flash, many fans hoped they'd reconsider. Well, it still doesn't look very likely according to producer Charles Roven.

Even though The Flash has now introduced the Multiverse (opening up the possibility for both Flashes to exist simultaneously), Roven - who is part of the DCEU "brain trust" - is adamant that Grant Gustin and Ezra Miller iterations of the Scarlet Speedster will remain in their wholly separate worlds.
"Our Flash is gonna be not that guy. [Gustin is] terrific in doing [what he’s doing]. I think that whether it’s The Flash or Arrow, they’re doing a great job with the TV shows they’re doing. Gotham, that show’s really terrific. And we obviously wish them the best. It’s gonna be interesting to see what happens when we have a different Flash in a different universe. We’re gonna try to stay in our universe and they’re gonna be staying, I think, in their universe, and hopefully the audiences will embrace both. I think they can. You know, Supergirl is not in our universe, and that seems to be doing quite well."
As for that solo Flash flick, we recently found out that Seth Grahame-Smith would write and direct it, but haven't had any real updates since. The movie isn't set to hit theaters until March 2018 so we have quite a while to go yet, but Roven has assured fans that the story is coming together, at least. “We are in the script stage," he confirmed. "Early, early, early in the script stage.”

Unread 2015-11-16, 06:58 PM   #19
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ezra Miller Reveals How His Flash Will be Different

"My name is Barry Allen" is the start of every episode of The Flash on The CW starring Grant Gustin. Indeed, if you google nothing at all but "Barry Allen," in google image search, the first 37 images are of Grant Gustin. You have to go about 150 pictures in until you start regularly not seeing Grant Gustin's face (hat tip to Spencer Perry on that).
So, Warner Bros faces an uphill battle when it comes to Ezra Miller as Barry Allen in their movies based on DC Comics, including The Flash. Well, one of the things that will help is if they don't try to be and do a lot of the same things. Miller himself acknowledges that in a conversation with Entertainment Weekly.
"Well, it's going to be a movie," the actor deadpanned when asked how his version would be different. "I'd like for it to be an exploration of a human being, a multi-dimensional human being," he continued, acknowledging that's a bit of a pun thanks to all those crises The Flash finds himself involved in on multiple or even infinite Earths.
"I hope to realize him as a person, and I think what’s most exciting for me in superhero mythologies is when we feel the humanity of someone who is heroic — or the heroism of someone who is a flawed, deeply human person," he said.
So, that's not so much as how it'll be different, as much as it's his general idea of superheroes and how they're portrayed in the media. Sounds a little more like a Marvel hero than most DC takes, but maybe that'll be different this time around.

Unread 2015-11-21, 10:41 AM   #20
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ezra Miller Outlines His Hopes for Playing Barry Allen in The Flash

Ezra Miller talks playing Barry Allen on the big screen in the DCEU

Though Grant Gustin is saving the world every week on The CW as Barry Allen, Warner Bros. Pictures has a different version of the character set to take over the big screen with We Need to Talk About Kevin star Ezra Miller as the Scarlet Speedster. Speaking with EW, Miller opened up about playing the character and what he hopes he’ll be able to do with it as an actor.
“Well, [first] it’s going to be a movie, I’d like for it to be an exploration of a human being, a multi-dimensional human being, to speak…Wow, I just made such a pun, without meaning to….I’d like the character to have many dimensions. But really, I’d like him to have the usual dimensions we know and love, and then some extra ones that are part of the amazing consideration of this superhero. I hope to realize him as a person, and I think what’s most exciting for me in superhero mythologies is when we feel the humanity of someone who is heroic — or the heroism of someone who is a flawed, deeply human person.”

Unread 2016-01-20, 09:54 AM   #21
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Unread 2016-01-20, 10:02 AM   #22
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxiSV0d_6Vw

Unread 2016-01-21, 04:15 PM   #23
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Is The Movie Flash Really Going To Be Exactly Like The TV Flash?

Warner Bros. recently pulled back the curtain on its rapidly expanding DC Films universe, asking Kevin Smith to host a televised special that brought fresh details on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, David Ayer’s Suicide Squad, and the litany of superhero properties that are expected to follow in their wake. We learned more about Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman and the formation of The Justice League. But when it came time to learn how Ezra Miller’s version of The Flash would differ from the current version tearing up our television screens, we discovered they might be more similar than we’d imagined.

Ezra Miller, the breakout star of The Perks of Being a Wallflower and We Need To Talk About Kevin, was part of the DC special Tuesday night, where he talked about his take on Barry Allen, the hero who would be The Flash. In addition, DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns broke down the backstory for the upcoming movie version of The Flash. Johns said this:
Barry Allen… his mother is killed. His father is blamed for it, [and] put in prison. He becomes obsessed with forensic science. He wants to prove that his father was innocent. One night, working on his mother’s case, a bolt of lightning hits him and he gains super speed.
Comic book readers who follow The Flash’s various storylines will know that portions of this origin story were told in 2009’s The Flash: Rebirth (coincidentally penned by Geoff Johns). Meanwhile, audience members who pay attention to the Scarlet Speedster on The CW know that the description Johns gives above is exactly the foundation for Season 1 of the TV series The Flash, starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen.

Unread 2016-03-24, 09:51 PM   #24
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

A Bulked Up Ezra Miller Looks A Lot More Like THE FLASH Than You Might Expect

Are you one of those people who just can't picture Ezra Miller as The Flash? Well, the actor has cut off his trademark hair and beard and seriously bulked up ahead of Justice League's start date next month...

When Ben Affleck was cast as Batman, fans were horrified. When Gal Gadot was cast as Wonder Woman, fans were horrified. When Jesse Eisenberg was cast as Lex Luthor, fans were horrified. When Ezra...ok, you can see where I'm going with this, right? The trio above have all received rave reviews for their performances in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but will Ezra Miller steal the show as the Fastest Man Alive in Justice League next year? Well, while many fans have said that he's too weedy to play Barry Allen (his long hair and beard has also been an issue for some), these photos from the European premiere of the movie prove that he's both bulked up and tidied up in preparation for Justice League principal photography on April 11th. Here are some photos courtesy of Just Jared.

That looks like Barry Allen to me...what do you guys think?

Unread 2016-04-22, 11:11 AM   #25
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Are these the 5 characters that'll join the Faster Man Alive in The Flash? Heroic Hollywood reckons a casting call they've got a look at reveals who we'll see backing up/taking down Barry Allen (Ezra Miller) in the Scarlet Speedster's 2018 solo outing.

The names will be very familiar to fans of both the DC source materiel and CW's small screen take - but the site stresses that Iris West is the only character that actresses are currently testing for, so the others may be subject to change.
IRIS WEST: Iris West is described in the breakdown as having Christiane Amanpour’s brains and Carrie Bradshaw’s style. An overcaffinated doe. A reporter at The Central City Citizen. Actresses are currently testing for this part.

EOBARD THAWNE: Eobard Thawne is described in the breakdown as Central City’s Bill Gates. The smartest man in the room and he suffers from advanced degenerative disease like Stephen Hawking. Thawne is confined to a chair.

FRED CHYRE: Fred Chyre is described in the breakdown as a gruff detective who first meets Barry at the scene of a crime. Now they’re colleagues and the closest thing Barry has to a friend. Chryre is investigating the unusual death of someone at Thawne Laboratories

LEN SNART: Len Snart is described in the breakdown as being ex-military and turns out to be working for Thawne. Have a feeling he is the muscle the way Anatoli Knyazev (aka the KGBEAST) was the muscle for Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

JAY GARRICK: Jay Garrick is described in the breakdown as being a former Central University professor who was fired for fringe science, and was working on the speed force program. Supposedly his role is just a cameo.
Mouse over video for audio

Fans will probably have expected some of these guys (such as Iris and Captain Cold), but the inclusion of the likes of Reverse-Flash (the breakdown for Thawne is pretty much word-for-word his small screen counterpart) and Jay Garrick would seem to be an odd move as it suggests the movie will draw heavily from one of the main arcs of the CW series