Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Careers, Colleges, Jobs

Unread 2014-08-11, 08:54 PM   #1
Burk

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 7
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Talking ISO: IT Work for the experience

About me.
Systems Technician of a large enterprise-class environment including thousands of virtual and physical workstations and servers with of petabytes of data and hundreds of users worldwide.

Help Desk, Desktop and Server Support
Windows XP/7/8, Server 2003/2008 R2/2012
Microsoft Office Support
IP Phone Setup and Support
Email Setup and Support
Printer, Router, Switch, AP Setup and Administration
Cloud Managed Access Point Setup and Administration
VMware/vCenter Support and Administration
vBlock Support and Administration – vLan Config
Active Directory – Setup/Admin
Group Policy – Setup/Admin
Project Management: Analyze - Plan - Solve - Test - Implement
Application Reporting
Application Deployment
Experience in Private Virtual Environment Development and Administration
EMC Isilon Administration and Reporting
Participated on Information Security Team tracking, defining, and eradicating vulnerabilities
New-User Setup and Configuration
Kaspersky Antivirus Administration and Deployment (Admin Kit 8, Security Center 10)
Windows Deployment Setup and Administration (Server 2003, Server 2012) - 0-touch deployment
Storage Management Handling 2PB of EMC Isilon (use advanced processes to determine hot vs cold data and move/delete accordingly)
Spiceworks Administration
Proficiency with PowerShell and PowerCLI

What I'm looking for.
Preferably part time work to supplement the paycheck. I figure if I'm going to go out and get a second job, I should find a place where I can expand on my career and not just deliver pizzas.

Salary Requirements: NONE.

Like I said, I'm just trying to find somewhere that is more resume-building then pizza hut and a more stable supplemental income than fixing computers on craigslist.

Note.
I have a huge soft spot for small businesses.
If you have a start up and you want help with something computer related. I'm your guy. I don't know what it is, I just like seeing new things and watching them grow.

Also, if you guys have a better idea of advertising myself or know of some place to work that is cool/fun, hit me up. I'm always open to suggestions. Or if your company is high-paying and looking for someone like me, drop me a line.

Thanks boys. (or girls)

If I post something cool, be sure to click thanks! If I post something dumb. PM me hate mail and I'll be sure to read it later and cry.

Last edited by Burk; 2014-08-11 at 08:59 PM..
Burk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-16, 07:02 PM   #2
MountainDew

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 282
Thanks (Received): 173
Likes (Given): 387
Likes (Received): 812
Dislikes (Given): 344
Dislikes (Received): 90

I've been with Aramark for almost 2 years now and currently do IT for them. It's a great resume builder to say you supported and managed multiple huge accounts.

Not sure if they are hiring in Kansas City but it wouldn't hurt to look into it. Although I was not an outside hire for IT they promoted me with in. Nonetheless it's a badass job with awesome experience but shit pay and that district wouldn't be nearly as busy. Might be worth looking into, maybe try giving their HR department a call. Would be cool to work Arrowhead/Kauffman year round.

Otherwise if you're looking for part-time work a helpdesk position should be most fesable. Not sure how much that would do for your resume being a system admin already. IF I were you.. I would start focusing on being a "jack of all trades". Companies today aren't necessarily looking for just a system admin, network admin, etc. moreso they want somebody who is capable of doing everything. They may still hire you as a sysadmin but expect you to do this this and that if they needed you to.

Seems like you know a pretty great deal already. Do you have any certifications currently?
MountainDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-28, 11:15 AM   #3
bwiencek

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 14
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 20
Dislikes (Received): 2

Do you have any network or network security experience? Mainly we're looking for someone with any/all of the following: Cisco Routing/switching (IOS and NX-OS), firewalls (ASA, CheckPoint primarily), Load Balancers (F5, Brocade ServerIron, Cisco CSS, Citrix NetScaler) or IBM DataPower appliances.

If anyone knows someone with the above experience that is looking for work we are looking for some jr. level technicians as well as more experienced senior level engineers.
Unread 2014-08-28, 02:39 PM   #4
T3H D0C

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Dislikes (Given): 2

Where are you located?
T3H D0C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-09-02, 04:01 PM   #5
Burk

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 7

Sadly, I don't have the network experience, I've worked a little with with our ASA's here, but its only been basic configuration, we contract most of our stuff through AOS.

I'm located in olathe.

If I post something cool, be sure to click thanks! If I post something dumb. PM me hate mail and I'll be sure to read it later and cry.
Burk is offline   Reply With Quote