Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Classifieds > Motorcycle Parts For Sale/Wanted/Trade

Unread 2014-01-29, 11:19 AM   #1
Boorah

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 41
Thanks (Received): 50
Likes (Given): 52
Likes (Received): 379
Dislikes (Given): 15
Dislikes (Received): 12
Default WTB: Helmet, Jacket, Stands.

Hey guys, I just bought my first bike and I'm looking for some riding gear. Hopefully someone has something decent for sale before I give in and buy new.

I'd like a nice helmet and I am willing to pay up for an Arai or Shoei. Let me know of any you have in a small or a medium. I would also be interested in a girls helmet.

I'd like a nice jacket and again I am willing to pay up for something nice. I'd like a small, but a medium might work as well. I'd also be interested in a girls small jacket as well.

Lastly, I'd like some stands for the bike while I wait for warmer weather to roll around. I'm just looking for cheap here.

Thanks!
Unread 2014-01-31, 08:34 PM   #2
whty98

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a medium all black icon mesh jacket, I wore it twice and it's in perfect condition. Shoot me a pm if interested.
whty98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-01-31, 09:11 PM   #3
brveagle

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 26
Likes (Given): 16
Likes (Received): 149
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 4

Of the three things you mentioned, none should be bought on the cheap. Hit up motorcyclecloseouts in smithville for great prices on helmets and gear. Invest in some pitbull stands for your bike. Dont buy cheap here either. Heck i bought a spare pitbill stand just for when my buddies come over and need work done.
Unread 2014-02-17, 01:45 PM   #4
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 202
Thanks (Received): 245
Likes (Given): 2439
Likes (Received): 1631
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 46

i've got a red SHIFT brand textile jacket that is a small. It would be tight on you (it fits me, but it's pretty tight. You know how small I am) but would work well for a girl. let me know if you're interested and I can take some pictures. I would sell it for cheap.

I wouldn't buy a used helmet though, if I were you. You don't know if it has been dropped, etc, and it's protecting something pretty important. Used gear isn't as big of a deal, but helmets are something you want to know the whole history of, IMO.
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-02-17, 02:24 PM   #5
Boorah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by whty98 View Post
I've got a medium all black icon mesh jacket, I wore it twice and it's in perfect condition. Shoot me a pm if interested.
I'm going to pass on the mesh as I'm looking primarily for leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brveagle View Post
Of the three things you mentioned, none should be bought on the cheap. Hit up motorcyclecloseouts in smithville for great prices on helmets and gear. Invest in some pitbull stands for your bike. Dont buy cheap here either. Heck i bought a spare pitbill stand just for when my buddies come over and need work done.
I agree. I bought a nice Arai helmet, AlpineStars spine protector, Alpinestars gloves, and some stands I cannot remember the brand of. I am just down to needing a jacket, which I will be somewhat picky on and will most likely end up having to spend a decent penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
i've got a red SHIFT brand textile jacket that is a small. It would be tight on you (it fits me, but it's pretty tight. You know how small I am) but would work well for a girl. let me know if you're interested and I can take some pictures. I would sell it for cheap.

I wouldn't buy a used helmet though, if I were you. You don't know if it has been dropped, etc, and it's protecting something pretty important. Used gear isn't as big of a deal, but helmets are something you want to know the whole history of, IMO.
Well I bought my helmet used from a good friend of mine. It still had the sticker on there for ~$700. With him never having bought a bike and trusting him, I was pretty ok with buying it from him (especially for what I paid!). I would be very interested in the jacket as a spare! I'd love to see some photos, here or feel free to text them to me.
Unread 2014-02-17, 02:52 PM   #6
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 202
Thanks (Received): 245
Likes (Given): 2439
Likes (Received): 1631
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boorah View Post

Well I bought my helmet used from a good friend of mine. It still had the sticker on there for ~$700. With him never having bought a bike and trusting him, I was pretty ok with buying it from him (especially for what I paid!). I would be very interested in the jacket as a spare! I'd love to see some photos, here or feel free to text them to me.
Sounds like a good buy, then. I am very particular with my helmets, but if you bought it from a friend, you're fine, I'm sure. What model is it?

I'll take some pictures of the jacket this evening though when I get home, and I'll text them to you.
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-02-17, 04:37 PM   #7
Boorah

Post Thanks / Like

It's the Arai RX-7 Corsair Hayden Wired Blue, it's not exactly what I wanted, but I love it for what I have in it. And sounds good to me, thanks!
Unread 2014-08-14, 02:52 PM   #8
AUR11

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 31
Likes (Given): 47
Likes (Received): 272
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 9

I have a mesh Joe Rocket jacket that I would be willing to sell that is a size medium and I also have a size medium womens mesh jacket as well.