Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2013-12-19, 10:32 AM   #26
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Subaru has announced plans to show no less than five concepts based on the LEVORG at next month's Tokyo
Auto
Salon in Japan.

Last month at the Tokyo Motor Show we saw Subaru's near-production LEVORG "sports tourer" which will enter production phase in January. Also next month Subaru plans to showcase five concepts of the LEVORG at the 2014 Tokyo Auto Salon: LEVORG STI Performance, LEVORG Premium Sports, LEVORG Prova, LEVORG Syms and LEVORG Corazon Sportier.
The most interesting of the five will certainly be the STI Performance which is likely to adopt a more aggressive body kit and possibly some technical upgrades. Also at Subaru's stand at the auto event (January 10-12) will be the BRZ tS, the BRZ GT300 Super GT racer and the firm's yet unknown contender for the 2014 Nürburgring 24 Hours endurance race.

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-01-02, 07:30 PM   #27
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVjkgeqxGH8

ubaru has released some new videos of the Levorg, ahead of its launch in May. Described as a "real sports tourer," the Levorg has a familiar design that closely resembles the concept that debuted at the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show.
While the video is in Japanese, Subaru has already announced the production model will be offered with two different four-cylinder engines including a turbocharged 1.6-liter with 170 HP (125 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque and a turbocharged 2.0-liter with 300 HP (221 kW) and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) of torque. Both engines will be connected to a continuously variable transmission and an all-wheel drive system.
Subaru will begin accepting pre-orders on January 4th and Japanese pricing starts at ¥2,667,600.

Unread 2014-01-28, 09:31 AM   #28
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Subaru Levorg hatchback render is an attractive Impreza alternative

Subaru Levorg hatchback render / Theophilus Chin

Should be built

The Subaru Levorg has been digitally envisioned with the hatchback body style which would be an appealing alternative to the Impreza hatchback.
Subaru characterizes its all-new Levorg model as a "real sports tourer" but basically it's a wagon with a more appealing design compared to some of the company's recent products. The model was transformed into a hatchback by Theophilus Chin and dare we say it looks fresh and more attractive compared to the Impreza hatchback.
Subaru hasn't said anything about diversifying the Levorg lineup but chances are the styling of future models will be influenced by the Levorg which is now available in Japan, with deliveries programmed to kick off in the spring.

Unread 2014-01-28, 05:22 PM   #29
Dave B
Creating DaveBisms

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 134
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 1016
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 65

That's the hatchback they should be building, not that ho-hum looking Impreza. That render is a good blend of the old WRX hatch and a GTI. Throw on the WRX widebody and that would be a big seller for sure.
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-03-19, 12:02 PM   #30
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

What Do You Want To Know About The 2018 Subaru Levorg?

Subaru showed off the handsome VIZIV Tourer Concept at this year’s Geneva Motor Show, hinting at a future WRX wagon. The level of excitement was appropriate, but there’s already a WRX wagon of sorts for sale today—the Subaru Levorg. Well, for sale if you live in Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, South Africa and parts of Asia. I’m here to find out what you Americans are missing out on.

I’m currently behind the wheel of a Subaru Levorg; what do you want to know about it?

The Levorg comes with a choice of two engines; a 1.6-liter turbocharged flat four or a 2.0-liter turbocharged flat-four shared with the JDM-spec WRX. The 1.6 engine is good for 170 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque, while the car I’m testing has the larger engine which is pumping out a healthy 300 HP and 295 lb-ft of torque. (There is some bad news coming at the end, I’m afraid.)

All the Subaru essentials are here; turbo flat-four engine, a trick all-wheel drive system, a practical body. The Levorg, which by the way means “LEgacy eVOlution touRinG”, and incidentally “grovel” backwards, is an indirect replacement to the Legacy Wagon. Subaru will say it’s the “spiritual successor” to the fourth-generation Legacy with some styling cues taken from that car.

Yet unlike the Legacy, the Levorg sits on the same platform as the WRX. In every way but name this is a WRX wagon.

The Levorg has been around for a while now. We got our first glimpse of it at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show in the form of the Advanced Tourer Concept. In 2013, Subaru showed a pre-production concept of the Levorg before starting production in 2014. Mid-way through 2017 the Levorg received its midlife facelift for the 2018 model year.

My test car is in STI Sport EyeSight trim (think M Sport, rather than full-on STI), hence the racier look. I quite like the look of the Levorg, especially with this STI Sport pack. It’s not a bad looking car. I’m also a sucker for a wagon, particularly fast wagons so this ticks all the right boxes. That said, I do wish the stance was a bit meaner. It doesn’t have the flared and chunky wheel arches we’re used to seeing on STI cars.

To test it out I decided to take it on the roads around Mount Haruna in Gunma for two reasons; Subarus are made in Gunma, and this is where THE Initial D road is. Sure, the all-wheel drive (and laws, and fear) may prevent me from actually drifting it around the infamous “Five Hairpins” but I had to take this car up that road. I’ve been itching to drive on this road and this is a good enough excuse to load up the music player with Eurobeat.

But before heading up to the Jomo-Sanzan Panorama Highway (aka the Initial D road), I stopped by at Racing Cafe D’z-Garage, an Initial D-themed cafe at the bottom of the road for a quick bite to eat and basically to pay respects to this incredible place.

Parked outside was an assortment of incredible cars including a Veilside Mazda RX-7, a Rocket Bunny Porsche Cayman, a Mazda Cosmo, and of course a Toyota AE86 Trueno.

Inside it was even more intense with BRIDE bucket seats for the tables, cut outs of Takumi and Natsuki, and many, many model cars. There’s only two things on the menu; Hachiroku-themed curry and Hachiroku-themed parfait. You can see a pattern here. Even though it was on a weekday there were still people coming in to check out the cafe and the cars they had on display outside.

But I didn’t come all the way out here to eat some Hachiroku-themed curry. I’m here to drive on the infamous road with the Levorg.

Oh, which by the way, is only available with a CVT. So it’s got that going against it right out of the gate.

Let me know what do you want to know about the Levorg, and expect a full Jalopnik Review soon.

Unread 2019-03-13, 04:52 PM   #31
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, America Really Needs the Subaru Levorg STI Sport

If you poll American Subaru enthusiasts on what they want most from the Japanese automaker, you will hear countless requests for a new WRX wagon or hatchback. Or, perhaps better yet, the Japanese market Subaru Levorg wagon.

As I found out on a recent trip to Japan, that desire is justified—even as it remains unfulfilled. America needs the Subaru Levorg. Save for one fairly major deficiency, it’s absolutely what the doctor ordered to cure Wagon Madness.
(Full Disclosure: Subaru flew me out and another handful of American journalists to Fuji International Speedway, fed me endlessly, and put me up in a very lovely hotel in Tokyo so that I could get some seat time in STI models and attend the performance branch’s 30th-anniversary event at the race track.)

I’m not kidding about how obsessed enthusiasts are with Subaru wagons. When I asked Jalopnik readers on our Instagram and Facebook group what they wanted from Subaru or if they had any questions for the automaker, an astounding majority asked about the Levorg.

Take a look for yourself:

These people know what they want.

The last time America got a sporty Subaru with some extra rear overhang was with the last-generation WRX hatchback. It was also the only generation of an STI hatchback was brought to America.

Interestingly, sales of the STI hatchback versus the sedan for the last-gen car were about equal, Motor Trend reported in 2014.

Before that model went on sale here, the Japanese automaker sold a sportier, turbocharged version of its Outback wagon, the Outback XT, and prior to that, the Legacy GT wagon. And of course, the first generation of WRX that came to the U.S. had a wagon version too.

But currently, the only performance-focused models Subaru sells in America are the WRX and the WRX STI, which are both sedans. (It remains to be seen whether we can count the new Legacy XT in the “sport sedan” category.)

So when Subaru, STI, and the companies’ fans were celebrating the 30th anniversary of the STI brand at Fuji last Sunday, the Japanese automaker granted me a small taste of just what the American market is missing out on.

After putting a handful of laps in around a short circuit at Fuji in some new STI products, the one car that impressed me the most—somewhere between the new STI S209, BRZ STI Sport, and the JDM STI S208—was the Levorg STI Sport.

Though there’s no Subaru wagon that’s a full STI model—like what the WRX STI is to the normal WRX—the Levorg STI Sport is a trim that’s had its suspension retuned up by the performance brand and gets some sportier aesthetic bits thrown on as well.

It gets the WRX’s FA20 2.0-liter turbocharged boxer-four engine, putting out around 265 hp, but unfortunately, like all other Levorg trims, it’s only available with a continuously variable transmission.

Of course, even with those performance bits, it wasn’t nearly the most powerful or most grippy of the bunch, but thanks to its forbidden fruit status to Americans like myself and its ability to mask its wagon-y mass while being thrashed on track, it was definitely the most memorable. It was also the last car I drove that day, so... that probably helps too.

Oh, and those other cars were great as well, but I expected them to be great. They’re track cars. Not plush wagons. I didn’t expect as much track competency from the STI-tuned Levorg. But I’ll talk more about some of those other cars later.

Unread 2019-03-13, 04:54 PM   #32
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

On track, the Levorg STI Sport felt just about as capable as a normal WRX. I was throwing it over curbing, diving into corners, giving the CVT hell, and, for the most part, the wagon took it like a champ. It cornered flat, boosted itself out of corners when I mashed the throttle, and slowed itself down without trouble. I was barely getting into what I expected would be waves of understeer, even as I overdrove the car. And this was all while I was trying to chase down another journalist in an STI S208 sedan in front of me. If I had more laps, I swear I would’ve had him. (Sorry, Blake!)

There was, of course, one seemingly major flaw for track use. That was the CVT. As journalist after journalist beat the Levorg around the track, the transmission appeared to become less and less happy. I can’t say for sure, but on-site STI staff appeared to be monitoring the CVT’s performance with a computer connected to the OBDII port once they noticed it was taking a beating. It also seemed like they were spraying the trans down with water during cool-down periods in pit lane.

And even though mine was in the most aggressive “Sport #” setting, it seemed to be behaving way more harshly than you’d normally expect.

This is all, obviously, why the Levorg needs a manual. But, at this point, with the car not even being sold here and whatnot, I’ll hold myself back from digging too deep into that trench.

Now, I want to be clear—as great as it appeared to me on track (CVT aside), I didn’t get to drive the Levorg, or any of the cars, on public roads. My testing was limited to just a few laps in each of the cars on a circuit that was only about a half-mile long.

I can’t say for sure that the Levorg STI Sport is the ultimate family-hauling, grocery-getting, track-ready wagon that we all want it to be. But what I do know is that from that very limited amount of time I spent in it, it was truly blissful. And really, anything that can handle itself like a WRX and have wagon practicality is probably a fine daily driver. That seems obvious.

After my time in the Levorg and getting inundated with questions from readers about the wagon, I spoke to STI’s general manager of product planning and development, Masuo Takatsu,and Subaru North American business planner Yoshihide Yano. I asked them about the decision to not bring the Levorg to America.

Before Takatsu made the move from Subaru to STI in 2016, he served as the project manager for the current-generation STI, and helped make key decisions on the model.

If there was any doubt, Subaru and STI are both very aware of how much American enthusiasts want another performance wagon.

“We together went frequently to the U.S., listening to the customers. We also went to fan events. The two major requests were ‘give us the wagon [and] more power,’” Yano told Jalopnik.

“If [Subaru] cannot do both, then we thought that more power had to be solved, rather than [building] the wagon,“ Takatsu told Jalopnik through a translator.

But I think that’s debatable. The last-generation STI came to America with 305 HP, and the new model, introduced in 2015, offers the same 305 HP. The STI has since been refreshed and now pushes 310 HP. As for the WRX, it got a three-horsepower bump when Subaru ditched the EJ25 it was using for the new, turbocharged FA20 motor in the new car.

No one denies these cars are fast and fun, but I do think—as you all seem to as well—that there is a true demand for a more practical wagon or hatchback bodystyle for these cars.

Anyways, I write this last part on behalf of my fellow WRX enthusiasts. Subaru, bring the damn Levorg to America.

Please?

Unread 2019-10-23, 05:58 PM   #33
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Subaru Levorg Prototype Arrives In Tokyo With New 1.8L Turbo Boxer

Could the wagon's engine power the next WRX?

Subaru has been selling the Levorg in Japan for nearly six years, so it doesn’t come as a surprise the wagon is about to enter the second generation. The updated long-roof model is being previewed this week at the Tokyo Motor Show by a prototype, but expect the production car to look virtually the same once it will go on sale in the second half of 2020 at home in Japan.

You might be tempted to say this is just a mere facelift of the current model considering the design hasn’t changed all that much, but Subaru refers to the Levorg as being an all-new car. That’s because it rides on the Subaru Global Platform that debuted in 2017 on the Impreza and has since also underpinned other models like the Legacy / Outback and the Ascent.
Gallery: Subaru Levorg Prototype

The absence of interior images corroborated with blacked-out windows suggests Subaru isn’t quite ready yet to show the Levorg’s cabin. We do know some of the tech that will be on board, such as a new generation of the company’s EyeSight suit of safety systems relying on four radars and a wide-angle stereo camera to offer a 360-degree view of the vehicle.

In addition, Subie promises the latest and greatest assistance systems that’ll work together with a high-definition navigation map able to better see what’s up ahead and reduce speed when necessary as well as provide hands-free traffic in stop & go traffic.

While all of these improvements sound great, we’re more anxious to find out what’s going on underneath the hood where Subaru says it has installed a newly developed turbocharged boxer engine. The horizontally opposed four-cylinder mill has a 1.8-liter displacement and benefits from direct-injection as well as lean-burn tech. We don’t know how much power it delivers, but the company says it helps the wagon deliver a balance between performance and efficiency while providing “strong torque.”

It remains to be seen whether this engine will also power the hotly anticipated next-gen WRX, which currently offers 268 hp in standard form and 310 hp in STI guise. On top of these two is the limited-run STI S209 special edition with its eye-watering $65,000 price tag and 341 hp. It should be mentioned the outgoing JDM-spec Levorg has also spawned quite a few performance versions tuned by Subaru Tecnica International, including an STI Sport earlier this year with nearly 300 horses.

Unread 2019-11-11, 05:45 PM   #34
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Subaru Levorg Sharpened Up With V-Sport Edition In Japan

Subaru isn’t ready to drop the current generation Levorg just yet, despite the fact that an all-new model was previewed last month at the Tokyo Motor Show.

In fact, the automaker has announced the Levorg 2.0GT Eyesight V-Sport special edition model, which brings enhanced styling and equipment. Available exclusively in the Japanese market, it will arrive in dealerships on January 23, 2020, and is based on the 2.0GT-S EyeSight grade .
This means it’s powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged Boxer engine making 300 PS (296 HP) at 5,600 rpm and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) of torque at 2,000 – 4,800 rpm. As the name suggests, the Levorg 2.0GT Eyesight V-Sport also comes with the EyeSight Safety Plus suite of driving assistance systems that includes high beam assist and Subaru rear vehicle detection.
Related: Subaru Levorg Gains 2.0-Litre Petrol Unit, Other Upgrades In UK

However, the most visible upgrades regard the design of the V-Sport model, which gains black 18-inch aluminum wheels, mirror caps, as well as rear “Levorg” lettering and “Symmetrical AWD” logo.
Inside, the special edition Levorg features front sports seats with fabric upholstery, a leather wrapped steering wheel with silver stitching, as well as piano black and chrome trim. As with the variant it’s based on, it sports Bilstein dampers, ventilated disc brakes and 225/45 R18 tires.

Prices for the Subaru Levorg 2.0GT Eyesight V-Sport start from 3,150,000 yen ($28,900). Those who’d prefer the next-generation Levorg will have to wait a bit, as it will launch in Japan in the second half of 2020. It will be based on the Subaru Global Platform and will debut an all-new 1.8-liter Boxer engine and the next-gen EyeSight safety tech.
PHOTO GALLERY

Unread 2020-01-01, 09:28 PM   #35
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Subaru Levorg STI Sport should get us closer to the future WRX

It's coming to the Tokyo Auto Salon

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJsRfFtJgBk

At the Tokyo Motor Show, Subaru showed a "prototype" of the next-generation Levorg, itself a Japanese-market wagon derivative of the Subaru WRX sedan. While it gave us a good idea of what to expect from the next WRX, the Levorg STI Sport that will be shown at Tokyo Auto Salon in January should give us an even better look at the hot Subaru we'll get. This is based on the fact that among current Levorg trims, the STI Sport has a front bumper fascia that's more aggressive and that echoes the design of the WRX, whereas the standard trim is more mellow.
So far, Subaru has only released a teaser video of the sportier Levorg. It shows STI badging on the back of the car and on the exhaust tips. There's also a glimpse of the tachometer that shows a redline of just over 6,000 rpm. Since that's lower than the WRX's turbo 2.0-liter engine's 6,500-rpm redline, this is probably the new 1.8-liter turbocharged engine Subaru announced will replace the current base turbo 1.6. It will probably make at least 170 horsepower to match the outgoing model. Based on the current STI Sport engine offerings, this should be the base engine, while the WRX's turbocharged FA20 will be an option.
The full reveal of the Levorg STI Sport will come on January 10. Expect further details on mechanical changes as well, which will hopefully include information on a more powerful engine that could appear in the WRX. We wouldn't be surprised if it ended up using a slightly updated version of the current WRX's 2.0-liter FA20 engine, since even the WRX STI is expected to get a more powerful - probably over 300 horsepower - version of that same engine.

Unread 2020-01-10, 03:17 PM   #36
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2020 Levorg Prototype STI Breaks Cover With Subaru-First Technologies

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhxkzywoJck

While most of us were asleep, several car makers unveiled a number of new models at the 2020 Tokyo Auto Salon that takes place these days in Japan. Subaru is present at the event and one of the vehicles displayed is the new Levorg Prototype STI.

Following hot on the heels of the Levorg Prototype that was showcased during the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show, the STI adds a sportier styling, different wheels and the mandatory STI badges. Like the pre-production car unveiled last fall, this one has blacked-out windows too, which prevents us from catching a glimpse of the interior design.

Revamped looks aside, the Levorg Prototype STI sports a number of new technologies for a Subaru, like the electronically controlled dampers for improved driving input and ride comfort. The car also boasts a drive mode selector, which allows the driver to choose the set-up of the vehicle and change the settings for the engine, steering, suspension and all-wheel drive, thus enjoying a more engaging or relaxed driving experience.

The Levorg Prototype STI previews the next generation sporty wagon, which will be based on the company’s global architecture shared with other Subarus, including the Ascent and Impreza. Details about the powertrain are unknown, yet the STI Sport should pack a 2.0-liter turbo-four making close to 300 horsepower, and might be topped an even more powerful model. As for the regular Levorg, it will launch locally in the second half of the year.

Unread 2020-01-13, 09:10 PM   #37
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

The Next Subaru WRX STI Is Probably Going To Look Like This Hot Japanese Wagon

Subaru showed off the new Subaru Levorg STI Sport concept wagon at the Tokyo Auto Salon and if history is any indication it’s probably almost exactly what the next Subaru WRX STI is going to look like. That’s a very good thing.

Back in 2013, the first Levorg wagon concept previewed the then-upcoming Subaru WRX, which debuted two years later in 2015. If Subaru hasn’t learned anything since then, there’s a good chance the new Subaru Levorg STI Sport concept at this year’s Tokyo Auto Salon will end up looking a lot like the next-generation WRX STI.

It’s fair to say this Levorg STI Sport concept already looks a lot like the current WRX, but the styling elements have all been tuned to be more creased and a little more dramatic, with a bolder hexagon-shaped grille, headlights that appear a little more embedded in the body of the car, and wider, boxier taillights that are now connected by a piece of black plastic.

Subaru’s press release for the STI Sport concept claims the model features the company’s first-ever electronically-controlled dampers, and will adjust power, steering, all-wheel drive, and dampers to offer multiple drive mode settings.

Of course, having not seen much of the next-gen WRX, any connection is all speculation based on the past. We’re not likely to ever get the Levorg wagon stateside, so it makes sense to repurpose its design on the models we do get.

There’s also a rumor the next-gen WRX STI is being co-developed with Toyota, similar to the BRZ and Scion FR-S co-development, possibly as a two-door model. It’d likely keep a tuned version of its 2.0-liter engine and a six-speed manual, though, so that’s cool.

We’ll probably see the next WRX and STI in the next couple of years. I don’t know about a two-door, but whatever it takes to get it done, I guess.