Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Unread 2017-07-15, 08:32 AM   #51
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 255
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1926
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
I can't believe the amount of people on social media and in person that truly seem to think Conor will win this thing.

I hope I can land a few gentlemen's bets.
I just hope he at least lasts a few rounds. Meanwhile I will enjoy Conor whopping his ass in the pressers.

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-15, 05:58 PM   #52
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 127
Likes (Given): 157
Likes (Received): 738
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
I can't believe the amount of people on social media and in person that truly seem to think Conor will win this thing.

I hope I can land a few gentlemen's bets.
If Conor wins, we are living in a simulation.
Unread 2017-07-15, 10:20 PM   #53
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 84
Likes (Received): 347
Dislikes (Received): 19

Does it really matter?

Financially speaking both are winners.

I mean realistically both might get $100 mil or more?!

Obviously I want Conor to win as well.
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-15, 10:39 PM   #54
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher View Post
Does it really matter?

Financially speaking both are winners.

I mean realistically both might get $100 mil or more?!

Obviously I want Conor to win as well.
Of course it matters. If Conor wins, it will be the single greatest moment/accomplishment in sports history IMO. The man has already done some incredible things, all while telling the world exactly what he's going to do. If he beats Floyd, the world should just explode. That's it.
Unread 2017-08-11, 10:40 AM   #55
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Nevada commission to vote on lighter gloves for Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor

Conor McGregor could be wearing 8-ounce gloves, rather than the traditional 10-ouncers, against Floyd Mayweather. Esther Lin, Showtime The possibility of lighter gloves in Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor are no longer just talk.
The Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) will vote on whether or not to allow the two men to wear 8-ounce gloves for their boxing match at a meeting Aug. 16, executive director Bob Bennett confirmed with MMA Fighting on Wednesday. Bennett said both McGregor and Mayweather want lighter gloves for their bout Aug. 26 at T-Mobile Arena.
The news was first reported by Sky Sports (h/t BoxingScene.com).

The commission rule, which is mostly universal in boxing, is that fighters who compete at 147 pounds and above cannot wear 8-ounce gloves. The standard for those bouts is 10-ounce gloves, which Mayweather and McGregor previously agreed to. Mayweather and McGregor are fighting at 154 pounds.
Under NAC regulations, 8-ounce gloves are used for fights at 135 pounds and below. In bouts between 135 and 147 pounds, 10-ounce gloves are traditionally used, but 8-ounce gloves can be worn if both sides agree. Anything over 147 pounds, it’s 10-ounce gloves.
However, Bennett confirmed with MMA Fighting last week that if both teams come before the commission and explain why they want smaller gloves, they could be issued a waiver after a vote.
“They would have to come before the commission and articulate why they should be permitted to have their fight using 8-ounce gloves,” Bennett said. "The chairman (Anthony Marnell) and commissioners would make the determination with the health and safety of the fighters being the number-one priority.”
Bennett said last week that Mayweather’s team reached out to him about the process in which they would go about making the glove size lighter. And now it appears both sides are moving forward with trying to get the fight contested with 8-ounce gloves, rather than 10.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-11, 03:26 PM   #56
shaun y
Mr 49er

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 164
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 3406
Likes (Received): 1008
Dislikes (Given): 187
Dislikes (Received): 144

this fight is gonna suck worse than pac-mayweather. it will be the letdown of the century because mcgregor can't box and mayweather is the most boring boxer alive, and boxing as we know it will finally be "dead" to the public.
Unread 2017-08-16, 01:15 PM   #57
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

8 oz gloves were approved

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-28, 07:51 AM   #58
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun y View Post
this will be worse than pacquiao mayweather. boring and no KO, in fact i'll bet on no hard hits at all. pussy boring defense by mayweather, mcgregor will never even get stunned, but will still lose in a unanimous decision. mayweather doesn't do anything but play hard to get so mcgregor will never connect on anything and i doubt mayweather will hit mcgregor hard either. floyd has had one ko in the past 10 years. dude won't hit for shit.
Well you can't say this was boring. Definitely an exciting fight, especially for the casuals. Best Floyd fight in several years.
Unread 2017-08-28, 09:43 AM   #59
shaun y
Mr 49er

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 164
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 3406
Likes (Received): 1008
Dislikes (Given): 187
Dislikes (Received): 144

I vastly overestimated McGregor. Dude sucks so fucking bad that Floyd literally played with him the last 7 rounds. He could have finished the fight in the 3rd if he wanted to. Pathetic. You're right though, at least since McGregor was so fucking dismal, Floyd was able (willing) to move around a lot more and play around instead of just practicing defensive point-scoring all night.
Unread 2017-08-28, 12:35 PM   #60
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I vastly overestimated McGregor. Dude sucks so fucking bad that Floyd literally played with him the last 7 rounds. He could have finished the fight in the 3rd if he wanted to. Pathetic. You're right though, at least since McGregor was so fucking dismal, Floyd was able (willing) to move around a lot more and play around instead of just practicing defensive point-scoring all night.
I haven't seen anybody else say that... everyone I've seen thinks this was an embarrassment to boxing and Floyd.
Unread 2017-08-28, 12:50 PM   #61
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 450
Likes (Given): 41
Likes (Received): 3841
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 122

Quote:

Exactly.

Floyd fought his fight, and beat him...badly.
Unread 2017-08-28, 12:51 PM   #62
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 450
Likes (Given): 41
Likes (Received): 3841
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricerking13 View Post
I haven't seen anybody else say that... everyone I've seen thinks this was an embarrassment to boxing and Floyd.

Those would be the MMA circle jerks.
Unread 2017-08-28, 02:21 PM   #63
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

I'll concede that Floyd played his gameplan and a lot of Conor's success was part of Floyd's plan but if he did as badly as you say, then its embarrassing that it took Floyd 10 rounds to get him out of there. Conor did better than Floyd and a lot of people thought he would. Although we saw everything Conor had and if he boxes anyone else, he'll get smoked since he no longer has that upperhand of not knowing how he boxes.
Unread 2017-08-28, 03:11 PM   #64
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 910
Thanks (Received): 330
Likes (Given): 6276
Likes (Received): 2704
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
I'll concede that Floyd played his gameplan and a lot of Conor's success was part of Floyd's plan but if he did as badly as you say, then its embarrassing that it took Floyd 10 rounds to get him out of there. Conor did better than Floyd and a lot of people thought he would. Although we saw everything Conor had and if he boxes anyone else, he'll get smoked since he no longer has that upperhand of not knowing how he boxes.
On the flip side of this, Floyd likely wanted to be 100% sure that Conor was gassed. Why risk losing at all if you can just be patient.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-28, 03:20 PM   #65
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
On the flip side of this, Floyd likely wanted to be 100% sure that Conor was gassed. Why risk losing at all if you can just be patient.
As soon as Floyd started turning it up, he was trying to finish him. Around the 5th or 6th round I'd say. It took him at least 4 rounds of actively trying to finish a tired Conor. And Conor even arguably won the 8th round. It's kind of surprising people are shitting all over his performance. He did very well for a man with no professional boxing matches. But anyone who truly thought he was going to win and was shocked by the outcome was pretty delusional.