Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2013-03-15, 03:36 PM   #201
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Still Plenty Of Secrets In MAN OF STEEL Says Screenwriter

Arguably the most anticipated film of the summer, Man of Steel director Zack Snyder tries to return the grandaddy of all superheroes to the forefront of comic book movie discussion. Do you think he'll succeed?

A few more interesting tidbits and revelations from the latest issue of Total Film magazine which features interviews with Man of Steel's Zack Snyder, Henry Cavill and David Goyer.

Zack Snyder on his interpretation of a character that many feel has become outdated in the current society.

"We've tried to make a Superman movie where he does stuff and you go, 'Yeah, if I was Superman, that's what I'd do." Even though he's an alien, he's more relatable, more human."

Screenwriter David Goyer says there's [thankfully] a lot in the film that's still a secret.

"It's something Chris [Nolan] tried hard to do with the Batman films. I'm genuinely pleased with how much secrecy we've been able to maintain. There's so much of the movie that people don't know, that hadn't been touched upon. The trailer's just the tiniest, tiniest tip of the iceberg."

Goyer goes on to assure that this film is not a Christopher Nolan Batman film.

"Relatable and realistic doesn't necessarily mean dark. I think it would be inappropriate for us to approach a Superman film as if we were doing The Dark Knight. The Batman films are a lot more nihilistic; Superman has always been a story about hope."

As for Superman himself, Henry Cavill says the film is a nice blend of action and substance.

"Sometimes you want to watch a whiz-bang movie. Other times you want something introspective, that really provokes something inside. This hits a wonderful medium between the two."
Unread 2013-03-15, 03:37 PM   #202
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

MAN OF STEEL: Amy Adams Says She Didn't Want Her Lois Lane To Be A "Pest"

In the new issue of Total Film, Amy Adams discusses her portrayal of Lois Lane in Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel. She talks about the other times she read for the role, as well as the relationship between her and Supes, and what she hopes to bring to yet another incarnation of the character.

Adams has been a little cagey about revealing too much about her take on the most famous female reporter in comics in the past - as the entire cast of Man Of Steel have - but in an interview with Total Film she opens up..a little! When quizzed about Lois' relationship with Superman in this movie Adams hints at a bit of conflict early on. "I'd say that they're at odds and then they're...friends you know!" You probably already know that Adams actually read for the role previously, but did you know she read for it twice? "When J.J. Abrams and Brett Ratner were planning a version, I actually did a screen test with Matt Bomer," says the actress. "And then when Superman Returns came round I read again. So this is my third go at it." Sounds like she really wanted to play this character then. But will she bring anything new to yet another incarnation of Lois Lane? "I wanted her to be a woman other women could relate to. And not be sort of a pest. Lois can be kind of omnipresent, turning up at very inconvenient times - which she does! - But you understand her reasons." Adams also briefly discusses her action scenes for the film. She says she didn't have that much to do, but most of her green screen/stunt work was for scenes with "another actor". I'm guessing that's Michael Shannon's Zod, but who knows! Be sure to pick up the latest issue of Total Film for much more on Man Of Steel.
Unread 2013-03-19, 09:42 PM   #203
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Man of Steel Fortress Of Solitude, End Scene & More Potential Spoilers Land Online

A new batch of potential spoilers from an early screening of the Man of Steel have landed online.
These give specific details about the Fortress of Solitude, Zod's robot army and the end scene of the movie.
As the norm, these could be fake. Or not.
Man of Steel opens June 14th in IMAX 3D directed by Zack Snyder and starring Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman and Michael Shannon as Zod.
Head on over to the Cosmic Book News Man of Steel movie hub for more news, images and trailers.
A user on the Man of Steel IMDb message boards posted the following:
• Superman submits to the Military to prove his trustworthiness
• Zod is not like a Heath Ledger Joker, but but more like a military leader with no one to guide. This allows for a type of tragic figure, whose ideals drive him into madness and an eventual threat against Metropolis.
• Zod recruits Superman to help him govern the human race; however, when Kal-El refuses, Zod leaves in his spaceship, seemingly for good, with Superman going to the Fortress of solitude to "equip" himself in case of Zod's return. Superman then sees the attack by Zod's robot army and flies out.
• The robot army is described as looking humanoid, but one is said to resemble more a spider (My own note: Braniac?)
• Superman battles the robots and uses heat vision to melt a couple, but the rest are equipped with reflectors. He takes one out and grabs the reflector to use against the robot and their plasma attacks, eventually destroying them. Superman is said to save some people and then uses the robots parts to create Kryptonian robots of his own in the Fortress of Solitude.
• He then sees two spaceships entering the Metropolis skyline and flies into one first encountering Faora.
• Faora is described as not having too many lines but when she speaks "it's like a child without a childhood, if that makes any sense." Faora is "cunning, brutal, and tricky."
• The final scene is Clark and Lois leaving off into the sunset, while the LexCorp building looms in the distance, complete with a shadowed male figure in the window.
• Superman has an advanced monitoring system inside the Fortress of Solitude, which is really Lara's spaceship, with Superman's original an escape pod of that ship.
• Lara's ship exploded over the North Pole with the remains becoming the Fortress of Solitude.
• Clark hears about the rumors of a "mysterious ship" in the arctic and travels there. He later "moves" the fortress (which is the size of a small building), somewhere more remote within a cave in the mountains.
Unread 2013-03-20, 05:17 PM   #204
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Cinema Magazine (via SHH) featured this great photo of the full Man of Steel cast
Unread 2013-03-26, 10:00 AM   #205
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

More From David Goyer On MAN OF STEEL; Teases Lex Luthor

Man Of Steel screen writer, David Goyer, recently sat down to talk about the film. While a wide range of topics were discussed, the one that stood out was a tease that Lex Luthor just might find his way in to the movie.

With all the secrecy surrounding Man Of Steel, information about the movie and it's plot has been a little sparse. Screen Writer David Goyer sat down with I Am Rouge to talk about the film and shed some new light on it. One of the things they talked about was seeing star Henry Cavill in the Superman suit for the first time. "Henry is a really nice guy and it’s not always that way. I was like, holy crap that’s Superman! I mean I tell my sons that I work with Superman and Batman. I went and visited the set with my six year-old and I timed it so that Henry was in the suit. We showed up and he was like, “Wow, you do work with Superman!” So I got a lot of cred with my kids for that," he said.

Another subject he touched on was the decision to cast Laurence Fishburne as Perry White. A choice he said he thought was perfect, and went on to say he thoughtfan reaction to the casting was silly. "You just want to get the best actor," Goyer explained.

While rumors have swirled, the general consensus is that Superman's main nemesis, Lex Luthor, will not be involved in Man Of Steel. Not so fast according to Goyer, who coyly said when asked why he chose not to include Lex in the story, " I don’t think anyone has ever confirmed that we haven’t included him."

Goyer also noted that as of right now they are only taking this one movie at a time. They didn't go into Man Of Steel looking to make a trilogy. Goyer said he took his que from producer Christopher Nolan who always says, “Put everything you have in this film and worry about the sequel once the movie is done.” So it looks like they will take the same approach they did with The Dark Knight Trilogy and just focus on making great movies.

To check out what Goyer had to say about doing some rewrites on Godzilla, The Invisible Man, being proud that Blade ushered in the modern comic book movie, head on over to I Am Rouge. For the latest on Man Of Steel, make sure to check back here at CBM.
Unread 2013-03-28, 09:33 PM   #206
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

RUMOR: Lex Luthor IS In MAN OF STEEL; Do We Know Who's Playing Him?

AICN reckon Superman's greatest foe will indeed be appearing, and not just get a mention in, Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel. They also have a name to go with this info, and as crazy as it sounds, there might just be a Smallville connection!

The following rumor seemed so far fetched at first, had it not come from a reliable source I wouldn't have even bothered with it. Harry over at AICN reckons he's uncovered information confirming Lex Luthor's appearance in Man Of Steel.
"Lots of people have been wondering if LEX LUTHOR was going to be in MAN OF STEEL.

The answer is apparently a very loud YES. Not only that the tone that Nolan/Goyer/Snyder are going for with the character is not the silly goofy Hackman Luthor... But an ambitious, ego driven and cold version of Luthor."
But that's not the unbelievable part. He was also given a name to go with: Mackenzie Gray - the same Mackenzie Gray who played a Lex Luthor clone in Smallville. So surely not right? Well, he's definitely in the movie! Skip to around the 1 minute mark.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpnZBDwCtqs

I have no problem believing Luthor pops up in the film, I do however have a problem believing that they would cast anyone so closely associated with that character already from Smallville. But, here we are! If Gray isn't playing Luthor, who is he playing, and why all the secrecy? What do you guys make of this?
Unread 2013-04-02, 07:17 AM   #207
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

SUPERMAN, General Zod & Jor-El Character Descriptions On MAN OF STEEL Toy Packaging

Possible Spoilers! The back of packaging for the Man of Steel Movie Masters action figures has detailed descriptions for Superman (Henry Cavill), General Zod (Michael Shannon) and Jor-El (Russell Crowe).

nailbiter111 - 4/1/2013

Unread 2013-04-07, 06:32 PM   #208
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

MAN OF STEEL Visual Effects Supervisor Says The Film Does Away With Pretense

Earlier this week, we heard actor Laurence Fishburne and composer Hans Zimmer discuss Warner Bros.' Man of Steel and now we have words from visual effects supervisor Joe Letteri.

After a period of relative quietness, we've heard some interesting tidbits about Man of Steel this week thanks to interviews with Laurence Fishburne and Hans Zimmer. Now a new interview has surfaced with the Emmy award winning Joe Letteri of WETA. Obviously, he couldn't go into specifics but he did speak abstractly about the film saying, I can’t talk too much about Man of Steel yet, and I haven’t seen the whole thing yet, but overall it’s the story that’s most exciting. It’s a nice re-envisioning of the story of Superman leaving his homeworld and coming to this new one." Nice to hear some praise for the film but it's Letteri's next few quotes that are truly interesting. "If you look at what Zack [Snyder] has done you’ll see that they’ve abandoned a lot of the pretense that was in the comics and asked “Can we still make this work,” he went on to say. What exactly does he mean by Snyder's abandoned some of the pretense? From earlier interviews with Zack Snyder and screenwriter David S. Goyer, they've hinted that Superman may not be quite as powerful as he is in the comic books. In a comparison to Superman Returns, it was plainly stated that their Superman can't hold up a continent. But does pretense in this context pertain to Superman's powers or to the character and personality? Or does it pertain to the peripheral aspects of the character like his ability to maintain a secret identity through a pair of eyeglasses? Previously released stills have shown that Amy Adams' Lois Lane is on the hunt for Clark Kent well before he debuts his Superman alter ego. "They’re sticking to realism as much as possible. Fantastic elements are still there but a lot of it that been trimmed back to make it feel as though this actually happened," Letteri continued. An interesting quote, one that could be interpreted in many ways. What do you think it means, particularly in this context from the film's visual effects supervisor? If this pertains to Superman's power-level, it makes sense as a too-powerful Superman really lessens the need for a Justice League.
Unread 2013-04-08, 11:15 PM   #209
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

New Synopsis For MAN OF STEEL Revealed

Along with the first tv spot for the upcoming Superman reboot, the official Man Of Steel website has also posted a brand new synopsis which reveals a little more of what we can expect from the story and confirms the cast and characters.

A YOUNG BOY LEARNS THAT HE HAS EXTRAORDINARY POWERS AND IS NOT OF THIS EARTH. AS A YOUNG MAN, HE JOURNEYS TO DISCOVER WHERE HE CAME FROM AND WHAT HE WAS SENT HERE TO DO. BUT THE HERO IN HIM MUST EMERGE IF HE IS TO SAVE THE WORLD FROM ANNIHILATION AND BECOME THE SYMBOL OF HOPE FOR ALL MANKIND.

THE FILM ALSO STARS FOUR-TIME OSCAR® NOMINEE AMY ADAMS (“THE MASTER”) AS DAILY PLANET JOURNALIST LOIS LANE, AND OSCAR® NOMINEE LAURENCE FISHBURNE (“WHAT’S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT”) AS HER EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, PERRY WHITE. STARRING AS CLARK KENT’S ADOPTIVE PARENTS, MARTHA AND JONATHAN KENT, ARE OSCAR® NOMINEE DIANE LANE (“UNFAITHFUL”) AND ACADEMY AWARD® WINNER KEVIN COSTNER (“DANCES WITH WOLVES”).

SQUARING OFF AGAINST THE SUPERHERO ARE TWO OTHER SURVIVING KRYPTONIANS, THE VILLAINOUS GENERAL ZOD, PLAYED BY OSCAR® NOMINEE MICHAEL SHANNON (“REVOLUTIONARY ROAD”), AND FAORA, ZOD’S EVIL PARTNER, PLAYED BY ANTJE TRAUE (UPCOMING “THE SEVENTH SON”). ALSO FROM SUPERMAN’S NATIVE KRYPTON ARE LARA LOR-VAN, SUPERMAN’S MOTHER, PLAYED BY AYELET ZURER (“ANGELS AND DEMONS”), AND SUPERMAN’S FATHER, JOR-EL, PORTRAYED BY ACADEMY AWARD® WINNER RUSSELL CROWE (“GLADIATOR”).

ROUNDING OUT THE CAST ARE CHRISTOPHER MELONI (UPCOMING “42”) AS U.S. MILITARY MAN COLONEL HARDY, HARRY LENNIX (“STATE OF PLAY”) AS GENERAL SWANWICK, MICHAEL KELLY (“THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU”) AS STEVE LOMBARD, AND RICHARD SCHIFF (TV’S “THE WEST WING”) AS DR. EMIL HAMILTON.
Unread 2013-04-08, 11:16 PM   #210
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMPlzxQMWb4
Unread 2013-04-10, 06:42 PM   #211
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

This Week's Cover: Behind the soulful new 'Man of Steel'

The makers of Man of Steel had to start thinking like a cadre of supervillains: how do you get under Superman’s invincible skin and really make him hurt?
This week’s cover story reveals how the new film (out June 14) attempts to humanize the superhuman by finding new flaws and vulnerabilities. The most common one, however, was off the table: “I’ll be honest with you, there’s no Kryptonite in the movie,” says director Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) Those glowing green space rocks – Superman’s only crippling weakness – have turned up so often as a plot point in movies, the only fresh option was not to use it. Anyway, if you want to make an audience relate to a character, a galactic allergy isn’t the way to do it.
Henry Cavill (Immortals), the latest star to wear the red cape, instead plays a Superman who isn’t fully comfortable with that god-like title. This film reveals that even on Krypton, young Kal-El was a special child, whose birth was cause for alarm on his home planet. (More on that in the magazine) And once on Earth, his adoptive parents, Ma and Pa Kent (Kevin Costner and Diane Lane), urge him not to use his immense strength – even in dire emergencies — warning that not every human would be as accepting of him as they are. So Clark Kent grows up feeling isolated, longing for a connection to others, and constantly hiding who he is. As a result, Man of Steel presents the frustrated Superman, the angry Superman, the lost Superman. “Although he is not susceptible to the frailties of mankind, he is definitely susceptible to the emotional frailties,” Cavill says.
That’s just the set-up. Once the Kryptonian villain General Zod (Boardwalk Empire’s Michael Shannon) arrives to threaten the Earth, eventually the passionate Superman steps forward, too. It helps that he has a reason to care about the home he’s defending, and we can all thank Amy Adams’ Lois Lane for that. “I think she’s very transient. She’s ready to pick up and go at a moment’s notice,” Adams says of the hard-bitten journalist. “I think that definitely could be part of what she sees in Superman — not really laying down roots, not developing trust.”
GET EW ON YOUR TABLET: Subscribe today and get instant access!
Based on footage EW has seen, the film (which was directed by Zack Snyder and shepherded by Christopher Nolan) has plenty of building-smashing, train-slinging, heat-vision-blasting battles to cut through the emotional heaviness. “You want to give the audience great spectacle. You want them to go to the movie, be eating their popcorn and be like, ‘Wow!’” says Man of Steel producer Charles Roven, who also worked on The Dark Knight trilogy. “But it’s just not good enough to give them the ‘Wow.’ You want them to be emotionally engaged. Because if you just have the ‘wow,’ ultimately you get bludgeoned by that and you stop caring.”
Those who’ve long felt the super-confident, super-controlled Superman has gotten super dull may be glad to see him finally challenged in ways that go beyond bullets bouncing off of his chest.
Unread 2013-04-11, 08:23 AM   #212
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

SPOILERS BELOW

New MAN OF STEEL Spoilers: What Makes Superman Different From Other Kryptonians

Hit the jump to read excerpts from Entertainment Weekly's Summer Preview issue on Zack Snyder's Man of Steel. The information is spoilerific and explains what makes Kal-El so special as compared to other Kryptonians.

nailbiter111 - 4/11/2013

Screenwriter, David S. Goyer, reveals to Entertainment Weekly that the children of Krypton (Superman's home planet) are engineered. "People were bred to be warriors or scientists or what-have-you, and there's a whole element in the movie about nature versus nurture," Goyer says. Kal-El is unique because he's a natural conception, free from genetic manipulation to choose his own course in life - which also makes his existence highly illegal.
.................................................. ......

Another major revelation from the article is that Superman's main bugaboo, kryponite, will not be making an appearance in Man of Steel. "I'll be honest with you, there's no kryptonite in the movie," says director Zack Snyder.

Henry Cavill explains that this time Superman deals with a different type of kryptonite, instead of the green radioactive element fans have grown accustomed to. "Although he is not susceptible to the frailties of mankind, he is definitely susceptible to the emotional frailties." Or as Snyder puts it: "It's all emotional kryptonite."

Terrance Stamp portrayed the character as an icy warlord in Superman II, but Shannon sees him as more of a die-hard supremacist. "He actually has some affection for anybody who's a Kryptonian, including Superman," Shannon says. "He doesn't really have any malignant feelings toward him; he just wants him to be patriotic."

"All their armor goes on top of the suits," Deborah Snyder explains. But because Superman's a refugee, his iconic outfit in our world doesn't have the snap-on battle gear, which would make him a defenseless man on his own Kryptonian turf.

Traue's Faora isn't choking Lois Lane (Amy Adams), but activating a device to help the mere mortal breathe aboard a Kryptonian spacecraft while General Zod negotiates with Superman. (Faora's translucent helmet, meanwhile, helps protect her from sensory overload under our power-giving sun.) "I'm not threatening her, " explains. "I'm a good girl in this shot." Faora "is a psychopath," says Traue. "She is an engineered being, and driven by the need and pleasure of killing."

Lois Lane (Amy Adams) - chasing down reports of a wandering stranger who is capable of superhuman feats of strength. "She's very transient. She's ready to pick up and go at a moment's notice," Adams says, noting that the trait is shared by Lois and Clark. "That definitely could be part of what she sees in Superman-not really laying down roots, not developing trust."
Unread 2013-04-11, 08:25 AM   #213
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

7 New MAN OF STEEL Images Featuring Superman, General Zod & Lois Lane

New Man Of Steel images from Entertainment Weekly's Summer Preview issue have surfaced. They include a raging General Zod (Michael Shannon), a stoic Superman (Henry Cavill) and Lois Lane in the clutches of Kryptonian villainess, Faora (Antje Traue).

(less than 7 due to being in the post above this)
Unread 2013-04-11, 11:40 AM   #214
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Other Heroes Can Inhabit The World Of SUPERMAN Says MAN OF STEEL Producer

Man of Steel producer Chris Roven doesn't mince words when talking about what Man of Steel means for the studio's superhero plans moving forward. Says Man of Steel allows other characters to be introduced into Superman's world.

Here's something to lend a little truth to those rumors about behind the scenes plans for a live-action film for The Flash.

From day one, director Christopher Nolan firmly stated that the world he created in Batman Begins was stand-alone and not meant to be inhabited by superpowered heroes like Superman and Wonder Woman. That's a sentiment that remained true all the way up to the trilogy's conclusion in The Dark Knight Rises. However, things are different with Zack Snyder's Man of Steel which is thought to be the starting point for Warner Bros. superhero plans that include a Justice League film. Despite some recent rumors that those plans have changed, Man of Steel producer Chris Roven confirms that the cinematic world created in Man of Steel will lead to other characters from DC Comics gracing the big screen in the latest issue of EW. Confirmation doesn't come any stronger than that.

On other characters entering the cinematic world of Man of Steel?

Roven: "[Man of Steel's] setting the tone for what the movies are going to be like going forward. In that, Man of Steel is definitely a first step. What Zack and Chris have done with [Man of Steel] is allow you to really introduce other characters into the same world."

Man of Steel screenwriter David S. Goyer was a little less direct on the same subject but he coyly dropped a hint that there will be some easter eggs.
Goyer: "I would love to tell you yes or no [on Man of Steel leading to a shared universe], but I think it’s going to be more exciting for people to keep a beady eye out and find what they can find."

What type of easter eggs should we keep a look out for in the film? Maybe references to Coast City, Gotham, Blüdhaven or Central City? Our own Jake Lester says there's a strong possibility of a Wonder Woman reference in Man of Steel.

What's also exciting here is that Man of Steel represents a potential change in philosophy for Warner Bros. which has used Christopher Nolan's style of dark, gritty realism as a template for its superhero plans for the last eight years. If Man of Steel can equal the box office success of The Dark Knight Rises, expect the studio to become more accepting of the fantastical and spectacular.
Unread 2013-04-12, 02:51 PM   #215
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

The Man of Steel Viral Marketing Continues

Many months ago, the viral marketing for Man of Steel kicked off and it would appear we're due for another leg of it to come to the forefront. If you visit the official Man of Steel website you're welcomed with a lot of static, but what does it mean? We know a new trailer is on the horizon for the film, so could this be a continuation of the "deep space radio waves" that we got a taste of in December? Warner Bros. wouldn't put it on the website without a reason. Check back here when we figure out what is going on. What do you think it all means?
Flying into 3D, 2D and IMAX theaters on June 14, the comic book action adventure stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Michael Kelly, Harry Lennix and Richard Schiff.

In the film, a young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.
Check out the official site by clicking here!
Unread 2013-04-14, 10:35 AM   #216
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE 2: New MAN OF STEEL Trailer Should Be Online Tomorrow

We have an update on that viral marketing static that I'm sure many of you have been staring at all day! The guys at the MOS Facebook page have deciphered some of the code, and not only revealed a few words, but reckon they've found the exact time the trailer will hit..

According to the Man Of Steel Facebook page's programmers, the new trailer will be online Sunday, April 14, 5pm PDT/8PM EDT/ MIDNIGHT UK. And that's not all they found. Check this out..

Those images come from dsrwproject.com/, and as you can see are just the first two words out of four to be deciphered. It's generally assumed that it will ultimately spell out "You Are Not Alone", but they may just surprise us. Anyway, be sure to be back here on CBM tomorrow to see if this is accurate and the third Man Of Steel trailer hits.

UPDATE: And all four words have been decode! Not sure what happens now, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
Unread 2013-04-14, 05:26 PM   #217
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Zod's symbol is almost fully revealed on www.ManofSteel.com!
Unread 2013-04-14, 07:09 PM   #218
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

You are not alone

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10102212919498406
Unread 2013-04-15, 04:59 PM   #219
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

MAN OF STEEL Stills Officially Released; Includes Full Shot Of Suited Up Faora

We've already seen some pretty good scans, but now Entertainment Weekly has released the latest batch of stills from Man of Steel in full quality. As well as offering up far clearer and larger versions of the ones we've already seen, we also have a first look at Faora in her Kryptonian armour.

Unread 2013-04-16, 07:38 PM   #220
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY
Unread 2013-04-16, 09:00 PM   #221
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Unread 2013-04-16, 10:02 PM   #222
Go4Broke

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 29
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 773
Likes (Received): 150
Dislikes (Given): 9
Dislikes (Received): 2

fuck yeah !!!
Unread 2013-04-17, 07:15 AM   #223
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

More Official Promotional Art From MAN OF STEEL

We've confirmed that the posters on display at GB Posters are 100% officially licensed Man Of Steel promo art, and we've featured some of the best for you here. Check out new images of Supes, Zod and Faora after the jump.

Unread 2013-04-17, 07:16 AM   #224
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Zack Snyder Promises "Poignancy" Along With Action In MAN OF STEEL

The director had a few words to add to the presentation of the brand new Man Of Steel trailer at CinemaCon yesterday. Snyder lays out his vision for the "greatest superhero", and what he hopes viewers take away from the experience when the movie hits theaters.

As anyone who watched last night's new Man Of Steel trailer (everyone, right?) can attest to, it really was an almost perfect blend of action and drama, with reports of fans even tearing up at certain parts (steady on guys!) Anyway, that's just the trailer, director Zack Snyder hopes to deliver that mix in spades when the movie opens. Addressing the crowd at CinemaCon on Tuesday he revealed that his ultimate goal with this reinvention of Superman was to "find a poignancy to add to the familiar story".

"I wanted the movie to be a big movie-going experience, full of action, full of emotion and full of the biggest super hero in the world. I wanted to give to the cinemas of the world a big, giant 'movie' movie. I've been a big fan of the character my whole life. He is the greatest super hero. There's no competition between super heroes, but if there was, he'd win."

LexCorp Tower Spotted In The New MAN OF STEEL Trailer

Does Lex Luthor make an appearance in Man Of Steel ? We still can't say for sure but we do know that LexCorp is in the film as keen-eyed observers have spotted the corporate HQ in the trailer.

Unread 2013-04-17, 10:54 PM   #225
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

'Man of Steel' trailer: Five mysteries from the new footage explained

Faster than a speeding bullet?

That pretty much sums up a few of the new images we see in the latest Man of Steel trailer. Some of the scenes are impossible to figure out without a bit more context, but Entertainment Weekly recently watched extensive footage from the film, and we have clues from the filmmakers that might help decode the more inexplicable shots.
A close study also reveals that director Zack Snyder has slipped in a reference to another major Superman villain.

Here’s a deeper look at what’s hidden in the trailer:
• Lex Luthor hint

• What does Superman find in the ice?
• That’s not a giant spider … Don’t worry.
• Who is that riding a dragonfly?
• Can’t Superman just snap those handcuffs?