Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2012-04-04, 09:21 PM   #126
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Legendary Pictures have made available a larger version of the "Man of Steel" promotional logo, along with a slightly re-worded description for the movie.
  • In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Henry Cavill) is a young twenty-something journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond his imagination. Transported years ago to Earth from Krypton, a highly advanced, distant planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question 'Why am I here?' Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark discovers having extraordinary abilities means making difficult decisions. When the world is in dire need of stability, an even greater threat emerges. Clark must become a Man of Steel, to protect the people he loves and shine as the world's beacon of hope - Superman.
The previously worded description is below:
In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone's imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question - Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as "Superman," not only to shine as the world's last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves.

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-04-10, 04:43 PM   #127
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

MAN OF STEEL Prop Reveals Mysterious Contamination In Metropolis Area

Movie props for the new Superman movie indicate that citizens in the Metropolis area are showing symptoms of poisoning from a mysterious contaminant. Also, set decorations for the Kent farm, and Lois Lane's apartment.

On March 31st an auction was held for Man of Steel set decorations, props, and wardrobe. One of the more intriguing pieces is a board containing notes and articles written by Lois Lane.
First up Lois Lane's noticeboard which has a couple of Daily Planet stories on it attributed to her that are about a poisoning of the Metropolis area by an unknown contamination. There were notes and a plane ticket etc on the board too. Very cool.
Images Courtesy of thepropstop.files.wordpress.com (Click Image to Enlarge)

When I think Superman and contamination the first thing that pops into my head is the sub-plot from the television show Smallville.
In Smallville, high levels of green Kryptonite radiation can cause normal Humans to mutate and acquire superhuman abilities (these mutants are usually called "meteor freaks"), although an outside catalyst (such as a strong electrical charge or a meteor shower) is usually required. - Wikipedia
We know director Zack Snyder will have a few characters that were in the Smallville series making an appearance in his new movie, but would he borrow the kryptonite contamination plot? Probably not, I wouldn't expect any Metahumans, but I also wouldn't be surprised if a meteor shower of kryptonite was the cause of the poisoning. Just this time there won't be any cool super powers to go with the toxic exposure.

.................................................. ........
Images Courtesy of thepropstop.files.wordpress.com (Click Image to Enlarge)

Unread 2012-04-10, 04:58 PM   #128
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

MAN OF STEEL To Be Edgy Like THE DARK KNIGHT According To Teenage Clark Kent

Apparently that's the goal for director Zack Snyder. Dylan Sprayberry, who portrays teenage Clark Kent has revealed that Man of Steel won't be your grandfather's Superman movie.

Talking to clevverTv.com about his upcoming episode of Glee, actor Dylan Sprayberry also dished out a few intriguing tidbits about Zack Snyder's Man of Steel.

Question:Can you tell us a little about Man of Steel and your upcoming projects?

Sprayberry: I just finished shooting Man of Steel. That was in Canada and Chicago. I filmed that all last year. After that I did “Common Law.” That’s going to be on USA coming up pretty soon. I played the son of Sonya Walger. That was really cool.

Question: What will people really love about Man of Steel?

Sprayberry: When Zack [Snyder] and I were talking about it the first time, he was saying how Superman, they want to give it a more edgy feel like The Dark Knight but also make it more realistic and emotional so it’s not just the all-american superhero that saves everyone. He has dilemmas and love and struggles throughout the whole movie, especially when he’s a kid.

Man of Steel is an upcoming superhero film under the development of Zack Snyder, Christopher Nolan, and David S. Goyer. Based on the DC Comics character Superman, the film will be a reboot of the Superman film series. Using Chicago and Vancouver as a backdrop, with production to be based in west suburban Plano, Illinois, the film entered principal photography in August 2011, for a planned theatrical release on June 14, 2013 by Warner Bros., which also includes IMAX venues.

Clark Kent is a journalist in his twenties who was adopted as a child by Martha and Jonathan Kent when he was transported to Earth from the dying alien planet Krypton. Kent, raised with the values of his adoptive parents, feels alienated because of his unique super abilities and struggles to find his place in life. When the world is attacked, he becomes the hero, Superman, to protect its people.

Unread 2012-05-16, 09:13 AM   #129
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Impression Of Henry Cavill As Superman In Description Of MAN OF STEEL Scenes

Take this with a grain of salt, but someone claiming to be a visual effects supervisor describes two scenes from Zack Snyder's Man of Steel. The descriptions offer the first impressions of Cavill as Superman and Michael Shannon as Zod.

"Zod actually doesn't have a cape. Not in this scene, and it seemed
VERY intentional. Zod looks like a predator, a warrior"

The always "reliable" IMDB has furnished us with yet another possible description of scenes from the new Superman movie, Man of Steel. I would normally not post something that comes from IMDB, but the descriptions sound pretty believable.

I’m a visual effects supervisor for the upcoming film After.Earth, the M. Night picture. I’ve also done work on Avatar, Iron Man, and Sin City. I’m on IMDb. I’ll admit I check my own page from time to time. It feels good.

I frequent this board often, I’m a huge comic book fan (as shown by the movies I’ve worked on). Last night at a VFX conference there was a sizzle reel shown by Weta. In this sizzle reel there were two beta level(most likely from a trailer) clips shown. One only about 6 seconds long, the other much longer.

The former was Clark Kent grabbing a truck with a crying man inside of it while flying through the middle of a tornado. It looked incredible. Henry Cavill can fly, and he can hold a truck in one arm. Zack Snyder brings his usual visual flair, but somehow is still unlike anything he has made before. It felt like a Superman comic. Real heroism.

The longer clip was even more stunning, but the more I think about it, slightly concerning. The clip consisted of Superman in full costume in a verbal argument with Zod in the center of Smallville with Christopher Meloni yells at them through a megaphone next to a tank. Meloni warns them he will fire if they do not surrender. While he says this Zod sizes Superman up. Shannon looks evil as he can be. Bone chilling even. And is DEFINITELY sporting enhanced muscle. Cavill’s Superman is a wonderful sight to behold in motion. Cavill’s pure size makes him the most believable Superman to date. Zod speaks in Kryptonian “Do you know your native tongue, Kal-el?” Superman looks stunned, and responds in English, “Who are you?” (there isn’t enough Superman dialogue to judge Cavill’s performance fairly, but I’d say he did well. Nothing spectacular from this clip.) Meloni curses, then into a walkie talkie orders the tank to fire. Superman hears this and turns to the tank. Zod takes this opportunity to sucker punch Superman(in Zack Snyder slow-then-fast-mo) then when the tank fires Superman rushes in front of Zod, despite the punch and catches the exploding missile near his stomach. The flames ripple around him, hit his face, his cape, his eyes. The shrapnel hits him and bounces off. The same happens to Zod to a lesser extent. Meloni’s shocked expression when they remain standing, silhouettes in a cloud of smoke, ends the clip.

zack-snyder-man-of-steel-supermanIt was incredible, it really was. And absolutely visually stunning, but my qualm is its typical Zack Snyder. It doesn’t look glossy like his films do. It instead has a more clean cut, colorful look. Like Thor, or Iron Man. But it is the same slow-mo styling that people expect from him. Maybe it just happens in this one scene, but it happens twice. Makes me a bit hesitant, despite the fact it looks phenomenal. - IMDB

After someone posts something like this one of the first reactions must be skepticism. Even the IMDB board has questioned the user about describing scenes that he could've fabricated based on leaked set photos and videos.

His response: "I find it funnier that you don't realize that's intentional on behalf of WB. How better a way to keep things from being spoiled? Show them things they already know happen. On Avengers, one of the first clips released was Thor and Cap fighting aliens, footage we had already seen on a cell phone from when they were filming. Why? to preserve the magic of film."

UPDATE: Thanks to Superman: Man of Steel (2013) for the heads up.
I have been given the clear, this information isn't secret, I can disclose what I please. It wasn't a conference, perhaps I was a tad misleading in that regard. It was a gathering, banquet of sorts, of VFX artists on WB payroll. For the poster with ties into the business, ask around, it was a limited invitation event, but someone else out there has got to be able to verify the event took place. It was at the Langham Huntington in Pasadena. We were served a Caesar salad followed by smoked salmon. I can assure you this event took place. WETA presented a long sizzle reel, the Man of Steel clips were just part of it. And finally, the proof you've all be waiting for. My name is Jonathan Rothbart. I've been working in effects my whole life. My first major film was part of a massive team on Empire Strikes Back. I still have my shirt from the film, one that ONLY those involved with the production would have. I did freelance work with ILM for a while early in my career then settled into a great job at an effects house called The Orphanage. I have a great relationship with WB, and I was honored to be invited to the event.

Response from ragstoriches:
Well, I can now confirm this information. Just made a call to someone who also there. Sorry to have doubted you Jonathan, but you know how internet is. It also seems at least one of the two clips will be featured in the upcoming teaser. And this was actually a part of WB's marketing ploy. Expect to learn some new things about MOS from Snyder this friday and new character posters in the coming weeks!

I under skepticism, I do. But you'll see the exact shots I spoke of, to a tee, in the finished film. And I'll come back to these boards and prove it. I guarantee someone else will speak about this footage at some point today, just wait for the news to break.
In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Henry Cavill) is a young twenty-something journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond his imagination. Transported years ago to Earth from Krypton, a highly advanced, distant planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question 'Why am I here?' Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark discovers having extraordinary abilities means making difficult decisions. When the world is in dire need of stability, an even greater threat emerges. Clark must become a Man of Steel, to protect the people he loves and shine as the world's beacon of hope - Superman.

Unread 2012-06-12, 01:38 PM   #130
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Up-Close With MAN OF STEEL Superman, Jor-El And Faora Suits At The Licensing Expo 2012

MAN OF STEEL Kryptonian armor for Jor-El and Faora plus, get a super close look at the new Superman suit in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel.

[Click for Hi-Res Image]

Unread 2012-06-13, 11:26 AM   #131
djquik1

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 80
Thanks (Received): 58
Likes (Given): 544
Likes (Received): 322
Dislikes (Given): 21
Dislikes (Received): 15

If DC and Warner Brothers are going to be successful in the comic movies...This movie will either make them or break them.
Unread 2012-06-22, 04:15 PM   #132
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

SCOOP: War On Krypton To Be Featured Heavily In MAN OF STEEL

Not a lot is known about which direction Zack Snyder is going to take Man Of Steel when it is released next June, but according to insiders a good portion of the film will take place on a war ravaged Krypton.

Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel takes flight next June, And not a lot is know about the film as of yet. According our sources a good portion of the film will take place on a war torn Krypton. With this new info that means we can expect to see a lot of Russell Crowe as Superman's biological father Jor-El. There are no details on exactly how much time will be spent on the planet or on the war its self, we are also told to be on the look out for other happenings there as well.

Earlier this month it was reported that Man Of Steel will be at San Diego Comic Con as well. The insider told me that not only will they be there but also confirmed that a trailer will be shown as well. The length of the trailer is unknown, but there will be footage at Comic Con for sure. Also, there will be a few additional scenes included with the trailer. Whether or not this will be the trailer that will be featured in theaters was not disclosed.

Man Of Steel stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Russell Crowe, Laurence Fishburne with Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix, and will be released on June 14, 2013.

Unread 2012-06-27, 07:52 AM   #133
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

New MAN OF STEEL Set Pic Gives Us A Look At A Young Clark Kent & Pals

A new image from the Vancouver set of Zack Snyder's Superman reboot has surfaced, and features our first look at some of the younger actors in the movie, who will play Clark Kent and his Smallville classmates..

Nothing major here really, but as anticipation builds for that first teaser trailer - and indeed any new official releases from the movie - a previously unseen set pic will have to keep us going for now. From left to right - Robert Gerdisch (Whitney Fordham), Jack Foley (Pete Ross), and Dylan Sprayberry (Clark Kent). Thanks to Superman Homepage for the pic.

Unread 2012-07-10, 11:15 PM   #134
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

SCOOP: MAN OF STEEL To Drop Hints About A Shared Universe

Word just hit that DC and Warner Brothers are looking to announce their next slate of superhero franchises within the next month or so, and according to a source Man Of Steel may show Superman being in the same universe.

Buzz for Zack Snyder's Superman tale Man of Steel is at an all time high, especially with San Diego Comic Con around the corner. And word just hit that Warner Brothers is planning on announcing their plans for their next superhero franchises with in the next month or so. It is well known that DC is still far behind Marvel in the movie department, but it seems WB is taking steps to try and catch up. According to our source part of WB's plan is to use Man Of Steel and drop hints that Superman is in a shared universe with his DC counterparts. The hints will be very subtle such as character mentions. The one character that DC is really wanting to reference is Wonder Woman. The source was unclear on if this would be to set up a solo movie for the Amazon Princess or to the Justice League, but with the info that was just posted it seems more likely to be the JLA.

The references are not set in stone at the moment so take this with a little pinch of salt, however they aren't expected to be big. So don't expect character cameos or anything like that. The hope is that if Man Of Steel is successful enough, they can use them as a spring board in to either other solo films or the Justice League film. If Man of Steel is not a hit, they are expected to just be fun Easter Eggs for the film. It is also important to note, although it is not surprising, that Henry Cavill DOES have a hold clause in his contract to keep him around as The Big Blue Boy Scout for future adventures.

Man Of Steel stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Russell Crowe, Laurence Fishburne with Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix, and will be released on June 14, 2013.

Unread 2012-07-15, 01:23 PM   #135
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

First Teaser Poster For MAN OF STEEL Officially Released

We've already seen a distant cam-pic, but now the official Man Of Steel Facebook page have released the hi-res version of the first proper teaser poster for Zack Snyder's Superman reboot. Check it out..

Unread 2012-07-18, 09:16 AM   #136
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Possible Detail For A Fight Sequence In MAN OF STEEL

Man Of Steel is out to make the non-action oriented Superman Returns a distant memory and according to this very small but very cool possible detail, it very well could do just that.

Bleeding Cool has a bit of information that they obtained at this years San Diego Comic Con regarding Man Of Steel. The information is not confirmed by them, but it is really cool none the less. The info they have been given is that during a fight sequence in the film Superman uses a building as a weapon. Here is exactly what Rich Johnston was told, "I have been told details of one specific scene in particular, in which Superman breaks apart a building and uses the building itself as a weapon in some kind of ‘super martial art’ fashion. “Girders as throwing stars” was the specific example I was given." This rumor is unconfirmed at the moment so make sure you take this bit of information with a grain of salt. However, Snyder has said that he wants to make Superman relevant again, and based on this possible description it sounds like he just might.

Unread 2012-07-20, 08:19 AM   #137
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Full MAN OF STEEL Teaser Leaks (Low-Res)

The teaser trailer for Zack Snyder's Superman reboot that will screen ahead of The Dark Knight Rises has leaked online. Obviously it's a bootleg, but still pretty decent quality. If you don't want to wait for the theater, check it out..

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAmNLMqCvcE

Update: Very interestingly, there appear to be two versions of this teaser out there. One with Jor El (Russell Crowe) providing the voice over, and the one below (though not complete) which has Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner) on narration duties..

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fS3D2QntZg

Just as the Comic-Con footage employed the amazing music from The Thin Red Line, here they use some of the haunting score from The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring, and to great effect. Not as action packed as many were probably expecting, but it served its purpose as a teaser trailer for me. What do you think?

Unread 2012-07-23, 09:47 AM   #138
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

MAN OF STEEL: Quick SDCC Footage Analysis!

After the release of the official teaser trailer, I decided to go back and look at what we've seen over at SDCC this month. So in this article, I quickly go through the interesting elements of that footage!

After the release of the official teaser trailer, I decided to go back and look at what we've seen over at San Diego Comic Con this month. So in this article, I quickly go through the interesting elements of that footage! Since I haven't seen any analysis of the footage due to poor quality, I decided to take the matters into my own hand. Let's start!

[I couldn't embed the video, so you'll just have to check out the source for the improved footage!]

I'm going to go scene by scene, touching here and there real quickly because I know you don't want to waste time to figure out the details! I'll skip the known snowy/oil rig stuff and jump to the cool beans. Screencaps are a little blurry but you can still make out what they are:

This is the Kent Farm we all know and love. Love you Kansas.

This is one of the early showcases of Clark's powers as the woman says "My son was in that bus, he saw what Clark did." and we see a young Superman creepin' in the water!

This scene basically shows Kal-El's spaceship - which his father sent him in. The design is remarkably different than what we've seen in the media so far - in a good way in my opinion. The motifs around the object make it seem more...alien-esque?

I believe this is some kind of a token for the House of El that comes from the ship as Clark examines it.

In my honest opinion - This is the entrance of Man Of Steel's "Fortress of Solitude" due to the following scenes. It looks like a Kryptonian ship that was grounded on Earth for a long while and Clark will use it as his fortress. I believe his spaceship somehow leads him to the fortress.

This screen follows a scene of Clark and Jor-El facing each other in an alien looking ship [that's the only way I can describe it] Jor-El talks to Clark about his future and their legacy.

These 2 scenes are why I thought that spaceship is the Fortress. Clark opens the gates of the ship - to come out as the Superman we all know and love. Money shot right there, cape flowing, all buff and stuff. Goodie!

This scene shows the destruction of Krypton from what I can understand. It looks like the only sensible guess so far, so I'll leave that up to you.

This frame shows Jor-El, Kal-El and Lara-El. I'm guessing this is right before they send him off the orbit.

Our first blurry look at Zod and a very small portion of his armor.

Another money shot right here. Superman vs. a villain [I'm guessing Zod in his massive armor] It looks like a scene that jumped right out of the comics.

Superman getting... taken into custody by the U.S. Army. I don't think those handcuff's will be able to hold though.

Our first clear look at the Superman & Lois Lane pairing.

Military aiming their weaponry at who I'm guessing someone else than Superman. It's a little too blurry to decide.

This frame shows us a beaten up Superman who's sent flying into a wall. I actually dig it [PUN INTENDED!]

These 2 shots show Superman changing into his Clark Kent persona. The second picture proves that they are using the Glasses!

And the final shot of the footage is when Superman encounters the U.S. Army for the first time. Another shot that jumped right out of the comics.

Unread 2012-07-23, 09:52 AM   #139
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

High Resolution Screengrabs From MAN OF STEEL Teaser Trailer

Unread 2012-07-23, 09:53 AM   #140
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Unread 2012-08-14, 02:02 PM   #141
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Zack Snyder On Starting Superman Afresh

One thing you won't be hearing in the upcoming "Man of Steel" is the iconic John Williams score from the Christopher Reeve films.

Zack Snyder tells Total Film that his "Superman" reboot is exactly that, a movie that wipes the slate clean and starts afresh - "We decided to act as if no Superman film had been made - even though we love the films that have been made. We had to say this is a Superman movie for the first time and you can't then go 'Oh, now let's steal a little music.' So, yes it's awesome music but Hans Zimmer is going to do something awesome."

Talking about the project more generally, he adds "Superman is a big responsibility but I felt he needed to be reintroduced to a generation and I thought this was a great opportunity. We have great respect for the canon. I would say it is a clashing of stories and ideas. Superman is the king-daddy of all superheroes - to make him work is a big deal. The big challenge is if you can make people feel 'What would you do if you were Superman?' That's what we went out to do as far as we could. Superman's always been this kind of big blue boy-scout up on a throne that nobody can really touch, so we tried to make him relatable."

Will this new take on Supes be ready for a possible "Justice League" movie? "We know Superman is the jewel in the DC crown. We want to get his house in order. And then? Who knows what's possible…?"

Unread 2012-08-14, 04:10 PM   #142
icemangsr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 74
Thanks (Received): 68
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 426
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 10

I dunno if the score needed to be changed. But i guess.

icemangsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2012-09-14, 08:18 AM   #143
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Possible Description Of Superman/Faora Fight Scene From MAN OF STEEL

A user from the SHH forums claims to have some details on one of the super-powered smackdowns from Zack Snyder's reboot. And if it's on the level, Supes doesn't do too well against female Kryptonian Faora..

The following comes from a - supposedly reliably informed - user at the SHH forums, who claims to have a source that was on hand for scenes being filmed in Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel. It does gel with those set images we saw from the Plano Illinois shoot, at least in that we know Supes (Henry Cavill) and Faora (Antje Traue) do have some kind of face-off. Thing is, if this is accurate Faora will give Superman a VERY sound beating when they do..

"In line with what I've heard, Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the bloody hell out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ass kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, bloody and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand."

Okay, I don't have a problem believing that something like that happens in the movie - the hero always needs something to come back from after all. The thing is, I have my doubts that such a beat down would be delivered by a secondary villain like Faora and not General Zod (Michael Shannon). I guess we'll find out, but for now sound off with your thoughts below.

Unread 2012-10-01, 01:15 PM   #144
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

David S. Goyer Talks Realistic Tone of MAN OF STEEL; Says He and Nolan Used the Same “Naturalistic Approach” Adopted for Batman

We finally got a tease of what director Zack Snyder’s iteration of Superman looks like this past July by way of the first trailer for Man of Steel, and the first thought on many people’s minds was, “Boy, that looks a lot like Batman Begins.” The similarities are no accident, as the new Superman pic first got off the ground when Begins co-writer David S. Goyer came up with a way to approach Supes in a reboot that piqued the interest of Batman director Christopher Nolan. The two pitched the take to Warner Bros., Goyer wrote the screenplay with Nolan producing, and 300’s Zack Snyder was tasked with brining the project to fruition.

Goyer recently talked a bit about how he and Nolan approached Man of Steel, expressly stating that they developed the update using the same “naturalistic approach” that was adopted for The Dark Knight Trilogy. Hit the jump for the full quotes.

Speaking today at Rome Fiction Fest (via BadTaste), Goyer was asked about what Man of Steel has in common with Goyer’s previous works:

Quote:
“What Christopher Nolan and I have done with Superman is try to bring the same naturalistic approach that we adopted for the Batman trilogy. We always had a naturalistic approach, we want our stories to be rooted in reality, like they could happen in the same world we live in. It’s not that easy with Superman, and actually this doesn’t necessarily mean we will make a dark movie. But working on this reboot we are thinking about what would happen if a story like this one actually happened. How would people react to this? What impact would the presence of Superman in the real world have? What I really like to do is write ‘genre’ stories without a cartoonish element. I did the same with Da Vinci’s Demons, and I’ll do the same with Man of Steel.”
Some fans of the comics aren’t too crazy about Goyer/Nolan/Snyder’s “real world” approach to Superman, but I’m really interested to see how this take plays out. We saw some brief action sequences at Comic-Con and the (for lack of a better word) “gritty” style was an interesting way to see Henry Cavill’s Supes and Michael Shannon’s General Zod duking it out in very alien-looking costumes.

There’s still a long way to go before the film’s release and we’ve seen just the tiniest snippet of footage from the full film, so I’ll remain cautiously optimistic until we’ve seen more. Man of Steel opens on June 14th, 2013

Unread 2012-10-30, 08:39 AM   #145
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

MAN OF STEEL Emblem Animation Leaked?

Is this an official title treatment for Man of Steel or possibly a trailer? Whether its official, an unused concept or simply an elaborate creation from a dedicated fan, it's pretty freakin' cool. Continue on to view the graphics for yourself and decide.

Unread 2012-11-12, 09:35 AM   #146
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Amy Adams Remains Coy On Whether She Will Return As 'Lois Lane' In MAN OF STEEL Sequel

Zack Snyder recently refused to give anything away about plans for a possible Man of Steel sequel and now Amy Adams (who plays 'Lois Lane' in the highly anticipated) reboot remains coy on whether she's signed up for future appearances as Superman's love interest. Check it out!

"We'll see what happens," said Man of Steel director Zack Snyder recently when asked about whether he is already making plans to helm a follow up to next June's Man of Steel. Of course, after the commercial failure of Green Lantern, it makes sense that Warner Bros. aren't rushing ahead with a sequel despite the fact that the popularity of Superman almost guarantees that the reboot will be a hit. Talking to Digital Spy while promoting her latest film The Master, Amy Adams was also asked about whether she's signed up to return as 'Lois Lane' in future instalments. However, unlike those who agree to multi-picture deals with Marvel Studios, it doesn't sound as if the actress has done anything similar (and if she has, she's definitely not giving nothing away).

"It was very nice to go into Man of Steel and something that was really energetic and outgoing. Suddenly I'm hanging on a wire in the middle of Chicago. It was a totally different experience and very fun. I always embrace getting to go from one thing to the next."

"I haven't seen the film, I've only seen what everyone else has. I have no idea how it'll all be presented. It's all top secret!"

"I loved [the trailer], I absolutely loved it! It made me excited to see the film and I'm in it. Hopefully it's gotten Superman fans excited, too."

"I would be more than happy to jump onto a sequel but you've got to, what's the saying, don't put the cart before the horse? Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I always take things one day at a time."

Unread 2012-11-13, 12:03 AM   #147
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Zack Snyder Talks About The Seriousness of Superman in ‘Man of Steel’

Coinciding with the re-release of Watchmen “Ultimate Cut” on Blu-ray this week, director Zack Snyder spoke with L.A. Times about the serious tone we can expect in Man of Steel.
“It’s a more serious version of Superman,” he says. “It’s not like a heart attack. We took the mythology seriously. We take him as a character seriously. I believe the movie would appeal to anyone. I think that you’re going to see a Superman you’ve never seen before. We approached it as though no other films had been made. He’s the king-daddy. Honestly that’s why I wanted to do it. I’m interested in Superman because he’s the father of all superheroes. He’s this amazing ambassador for all superheroes. What was it about him that cracked the code that made pop culture embrace this other mythology? What we’ve made as a film not only examines that but is also an amazing adventure story. It’s been an honor to work on. As a comic book fan, Superman is like the Rosetta Stone of all superheroes. I wanted to be sure the movie treated it respectfully.”
Well, that was nice. Hearing Snyder speak about the character with such vigor is convincing. Truthfully, I believe Snyder has a better understanding of the character than most.
Supes is a hard egg to crack. Literally, he’s indestructible. Quite frankly, though, he’s not as compelling as other superheroes out there. Simply for the fact that he lacks conflict. Think about it, interest comes from tension, and tension from conflict. Yes, Supes has had few moral dilemmas here and there, but truly, what affecting conflict do you find in an indestructible, incorruptible, morally absolute, god-like character? Not much, I’ll tell you.
Snyder took one of the most horrendous jobs ever… making Superman interesting. Perhaps Snyder has crafted a version of Superman that can finally be seen as one of us. A man with more vulnerable weaknesses than just a stick of kryptonite.

Unread 2012-11-20, 01:04 PM   #148
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Zack Snyder Excited For New "Crazy" MAN OF STEEL Trailer To Be Shown With THE HOBBIT

While promoting the Ultimate Cut of The Watchman Zack Snyder was incredibly enthusiastic about Superman fans being able to see the new trailer which will be attached to Peter Jackson's The Hobbit. He also took the time to once again praise Michael Shannon (Zod).

I'm sure geeks everywhere were a little disappointed to find out that the first trailer for James Mangold's The Wolverine would NOT be attached to Peter Jackson's The Hobbit, but you can rejoice with the knowledge that a new Man Of Steel trailer is. MTV News spoke with Zack Snyder who confirmed that information and gushed about it's unveiling, "It's fun. I can't wait for 'The Hobbit,' so it will be fun to see our crazy 'Man of Steel' trailer and then enjoy the Hobbit because that's going to be great. It just feels like a fun Christmas thing to do, drag the whole family out for that action."

While Zack sounds like a kid who can't wait to unwrap his Christmas present upon the world, he also took the time to praise Michael Shannon's take on General Zod. "Shannon is great, he has such great enthusiasm and dedication constantly," Snyder said. "You can imagine that you could get actors who go, 'Oh right, it's Zod, it's not 100 percent serious,' or [you can play it] slightly with a wink, there is none of that with him. His effort is to make it realized and to understand this character and what he has to go through, so you have that on one side and you have Henry, who basically is Superman, on the other side and that dynamic."

Synopsis: Next summer, "Man Of Steel" is coming to the big screen. The film is from director Zack Snyder and producers Charles Roven, Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer from a story by Goyer & Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and and published by DC Comics.

Unread 2012-11-22, 10:36 PM   #149
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

BSG'S Tahmoh Penikett Confirmed For MAN OF STEEL; But Who Is He Playing?

A good while ago a rumor did the rounds that the Battlestar Galactica actor would make an appearance in Zack Snyder's Superman reboot, but now it would seem to have been confirmed - and there's a SLIM chance he could be playing Metallo!..

We didn't actually cover Tahmoh Penikett's rumored involvement with Man Of Steel at the time because there wasn't quite enough solid evidence for it, but now Penikett himself - who has recently joined Twitter, and has been very active and open with fans since - seems to have confirmed it via the social networking site. The actor remains tight lipped on who he is playing, but our friends over at the MOS Facebook page have noticed that IMDB now lists him as a character called 'Henry Ackerdson' - which is very similar to Henry Ackerson, the alias used by Metallo in the DC animated flick, Justice League Doom. Of course, coming from IMDB we have no idea if it's on the level or not - and even if the name is accurate, it might very well have nothing to do with Metallo - but given the secrecy surrounding Penikett's role, it could be a possibility. What do you think? Could we see Metallo pop up to make Superman's life even more difficult in Man Of Steel?
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...2Hu6YAptk8F.99

Unread 2012-11-25, 05:40 PM   #150
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

'Steel' this movie

Superman and his new director dish on next summer’s reinvention of the world’s first comic-book superhero

Consider the utterly messed-up cinematic world we live in. Superhero movies have become so popular that someone is actually considering remaking “Condorman.” Meanwhile, nobody has yet figured out how to launch a viable franchise featuring the granddaddy of the entire spandex scene: Superman.
This could all change this summer when “Man of Steel” lands on screens and attempts to KO pretenders with a big Kryptonian right hook.
Little is known about the plot. It will mostly follow the familiar origin story: A baby travels to Earth from a distant planet, lands in Middle America and grows up to become a costumed hero who fights baddies — in this case, General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, a character that appeared in “Superman II.”
AP
Henry Cavill plays Superman in next summer’s update of the famed franchise.

The one thing that can be gleaned from the single teaser trailer that’s been released is that this could be a darker, more humanistic take on the character than movies past.
“We tried to approach this as though there’s never been a Superman movie before, but at the same time respecting the canon and mythology,” director Zack Snyder tells The Post in an exclusive interview. “There are the pillars that you have to respect, and I’m not about to break them. But it is fun for me to bend them and mess with them.”
Christopher Nolan, the director of the recent Batman movies, was brought in by Warner Bros. as producer and godfather of the project.
“There’s a logic and concreteness that has to exist with Chris,” Snyder says. “You can’t just do stuff because it’s cool. He demands that there be story and character behind all of it, which I’m a big fan of.”
Henry Cavill, who becomes the first Brit to play the character, says he’s also a fan of the more down-to-earth approach.
“I liked the idea of the realism immediately,” Cavill tells The Post in an exclusive on-set interview. “Traditional Superman fans know what it’s all about, and they will hopefully love and associate with the character anyway. But the people who aren’t die-hard Superman fans still need to associate with the character, and that needs to have some realism in today’s world, certainly, in sense of a science as opposed to mythology attached to it as well.”
One of the obvious changes is with Superman’s costume. Gone is the flimsy spandex in favor of a slightly metallic, more armored look.
“The costume was a big deal for me, and we played around for a long time,” Snyder says. “I tried like crazy to keep the red briefs on him. Everyone else said, ‘You can’t have the briefs on him.’ I looked at probably 1,500 versions of the costumes with the briefs on.”

The final version is a brief-free, all-blue unitard with red boots and a red cape.
“If you look at the costume, it’s very modern, but the relationship to the original costume is strong,” Snyder says.
“You come onto a project like this, and you hear about modernization and you hear about bringing things forward to today, and all you can do is hope that it’s going to look cool and different from
anything you’ve seen before,”
Cavill says of the suit, which takes him 15 to 25 minutes to put on. “And I’m pretty sure it does.”
To fill out the costume, Cavill worked out intensely for two hours each morning, and consumed as many as 5,000 calories a day.
AP
Henry Cavill plays Superman in next summer’s update of the famed franchise.

“I have been put through the ringer big time,” Cavill says. “An example of the workouts we’ve been doing, it was 100 front squats of body weight. There are kettle-bell workouts. It’s very hard work.”
If “Man of Steel” pays off, it will have been worth it. The film is already saddled with gigantic expectations.
“I heard one time that the Superman glyph is the second or third most recognizable symbol on Earth after the Christian cross,” Snyder says. “It’s this crazy responsibility.”
The film will also be expected to launch a new franchise, which 2006’s lukewarmly received “Superman Returns” failed to do. Cavill confirms he is signed up for three films. Snyder is mum about directing more.
“We approach the film as a single endeavor,” he says. “There are a lot of gears that have to turn in the world of commerce and the world of the mythology we create to facilitate more adventures for this character. We’ll see what happens.”
What’s perhaps most interesting about “Man of Steel” is that it might serve as the launching point for a DC Comics universe of films in the same way 2008’s “Iron Man” inaugurated Marvel’s interconnected movie world.
Warner Bros. is reportedly plowing ahead with “Justice League,” a superteam movie featuring Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and others, rumored to hit in 2015. Nolan’s Batman trilogy has concluded and bomb “Green Lantern” is likely to be disregarded, making “Man of Steel” the first film set in this new universe.
“I don’t know how ‘Justice League’ is going to be handled. Honestly, I don’t,” Snyder says. “But ‘The Man of Steel’ exists, and Superman is in it. I don’t know how you’d move forward without acknowledging that.”
When asked whether he had conversations with the studio about integrating “Man of Steel” into a larger superhero universe, Snyder treads carefully.
“Um, how can I answer that?” he wonders. “I can’t really say anything to that, because that’s a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course.”
Wildly speculating, it sounds entirely possible that “Man of Steel” will mention another costumed crime-fighter — maybe in a post-credits sequence — that leads into another superhero film. Universe launched.
For now, Cavill is focused on this one movie and trying to handle the expectations.
“There have been a couple of times where people have been explaining all of these Superman cookies and ice creams . . . and there was a second where I went, ‘Wow, this is massive!’ ” Cavill says. “You’ve got to ignore that and not let it get it to you, otherwise you’ll be focusing so much on the pressure as opposed to dealing with the important thing of doing justice to the character.”