Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2011-08-04, 11:03 AM   #51
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 89
Likes (Given): 458
Likes (Received): 501
Dislikes (Given): 40
Dislikes (Received): 21

There was this flick called The Matrix... not sure if you heard of it.

And Topher Grace? I actually really dig him as an actor...

He's great in That 70's Show, played his part perfectly in Win A Date With Tad Hamilton, and, most recently, was awesome in Take Me Home Tonight.

Obviously we have different taste because I thought they both did really well in Predators as far as acting in concerned. Perhaps your issue is with the writing?

Same thing with Spiderman 3. That movie wasn't fucked by bad acting... it was fucked by bad writing.

Magurie was still great at Peter Parker but the writing turned it into some emo dumb shit.

Franco was SO good at playing the "I hit my head and now I'm dumb" role that people often mistake it for poor acting.

And Grace was not a bad actor... his just wasn't a good Eddie Brock and, again, the writing was shit.
Unread 2011-08-04, 12:15 PM   #52
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 261
Likes (Given): 2195
Likes (Received): 1605
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

Yeah, Fishburn pretty much plays the same character version of the matrix in every movie. I liked the matrix, but hated his character.

Tell me what movie Fishburn has had since the matrix that was good?

Sucked in Assault on Precinct 13
over acted in Event Horizon
Mystic River blah
Biker boyz, sorry fishburn is not a badass

He has had some decent flicks, but most of them he plays the same character and it just kills the movie in my eyes.

Topher
Take me home tonight sucked
win a date with Tad hamilton horrible
Some sort of serial killer in Predators, come on really?

yeah he was great in that 70's show, but he has not gone anywhere character wise since then.
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-08-04, 12:42 PM   #53
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the bit in Predators was interesting... I mean... it was Predators... haha

But you start off thinking "Ok... what's this guy doing here? Oh... he's a doctor... obviously brought along to be a "medic"... oh he's a pussy." and then out of nowhere you find out he in fact a hunter. It was a unique spin that I enjoyed quite a bit.
Unread 2011-08-04, 12:48 PM   #54
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Si View Post
I thought the bit in Predators was interesting... I mean... it was Predators... haha

But you start off thinking "Ok... what's this guy doing here? Oh... he's a doctor... obviously brought along to be a "medic"... oh he's a pussy." and then out of nowhere you find out he in fact a hunter. It was a unique spin that I enjoyed quite a bit.
The movie was Predators, that entire part of the movie could have been left out, and move predator action put in. I wanted to see Predators hunting and fucking shit up, not Topher trying to act like a serial kille wanna be.
Unread 2011-08-04, 12:49 PM   #55
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. I'll take story over action any day.
Unread 2011-08-04, 12:54 PM   #56
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I don't know. I'll take story over action any day.
Not when it comes to Predators or Aliens, Re-watch the Alien and Predator movies, it was more action and death than story line, which is what made it awesome.
Unread 2011-08-04, 12:56 PM   #57
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure you see the Predator more in "Predators" than in the original "Predator". Just saying.
Unread 2011-08-04, 01:00 PM   #58
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you see the Predator more in "Predators" than in the original "Predator". Just saying.
I forgot about the last 45 min of the movie where Arnold and the Predator play tag and fist fight through out the jungle.

(ps I've watched them all last week)

Predator 2...entire ship full, bathroom scene, lots of gore and blood, with a decent story in there.

The new one, was a story with action put in.
Unread 2011-08-04, 01:19 PM   #59
KC_Si

Post Thanks / Like

Adrien Brody fighting a Predator with his BARE HANDS wasn't enough for you? lol
Unread 2011-08-07, 06:33 PM   #60
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Details Revealed For Action Packed Man Of Steel "Smallville" Scenes!

A few new details about some action packed scenes set to take place in Plano, IL have been revealed, including details on soldiers rappelling from helicopters, explosions, shootings and more...

Monica Key has posted some rather interesting information over at Examiner featuring revealing and intriguing new details about the scenes set to be filmed on the "Smallville" Man of Steel set in Plano, IL. You can head on over there to read more by clicking the link below, and be sure to check out the Superman: Man of Steel (2013) Facebook page by clicking HERE.
According to Plano Area Chamber of Commerce executive Richard Healy, "They're going to be blowing stuff up." Healy also states at some time during the filming soldiers will repel from a helicopter onto the set. Whatever weapons they will be shooting, Healy also added that brass shell casings would be left on the streets.
What do you guys think? Will we see Superman take on the military, or could this have something to do with General Zod attacking Smallville?! We know that Man of Steel will have a large military presence in the form of Harry Lennix's General Swanwick and Chris Meloni's Colonel Hardy, so stay tuned for more information as and when we have it.

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-08-08, 04:35 PM   #61
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Man of Steel Teaser Poster?

About.com has posted a poster image that it claims is a teaser for Man of Steel, and even has it credited as courtesy of WarnerBros. Given the studio has already released that now famous image of HenryCavill in costume, the odds are against this being legit. Still, About.com is calling it a teaser poster.

Last edited by JDLM; 2011-08-10 at 06:53 AM..
Unread 2011-08-09, 09:10 PM   #62
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Henry Cavill And Zack Snyder Spotted On Man Of Steel Set!

Check out these photos from the set of ZackSnyder's up coming comic book movie Man Of Steel featuring the director in action and leading man HenryCavill!UPDATE: With Pic of Cavill, KevinCostner, and Diane Lane as the Kents!

Photographer Frank Laraia, courtesy of the fine people at The Man Of Steel Fan Page, has snapped some photographs of Henry Cavill, Kevin Costner, and Zack Snyder on the set of the newest Superman movie, Man Of Steel. The photos were taken from the Sugar Grove set where the film is currently shooting its Smallville scenes.

Update:Thanks to Rormachine for the heads up on these new photos courtesy of On Location Vacation featuring Cavill, Costner, and Diane Lane.

Unread 2011-08-10, 05:11 AM   #63
b-money

Location: Lets see how can I put this delicately.....plowing your mom.
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

i noticed by the second picture superman is a jayhawk fan...knew it and that is awesome
Unread 2011-08-10, 05:18 AM   #64
Timothy Leary
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 240
Likes (Given): 177
Likes (Received): 1366
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 24

too bad superman sucks...

bring it carlos

2017 Toyota 860 86
Timothy Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-08-10, 08:51 PM   #65
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

New Details Regarding Man Of Steel's Shoot In Illinois

New information has been given about ZackSnyder's Superman movie Man Of Steel from a source that is working on film that details some key scenes that will be shot in Illinois soon. Warning: Spoilers!!!

A person that is connected with The Man Of Steel Facebook Fan Page has received some information from a source working on the WarnerBrothers production of Man Of Steel. The details cover scenes being shot at a 7-11 as well as at a hospital. There is also a scene involving military personal and a bank that explain the promo shot that was released last week.

Warning Spoilers!!!!!!

A source involved filming, has discussed scenes being shot for Man of Steel. The source, whose name and role is being kept confidential, is involved with how various scenes are technically executed. With this information being revealed, part of the story line comes into clearer focus.

While filming has been going on this week at Sugar Grove and is moving back the Kent Farm and Sandwich, IL at Valley West Community Hospital, preparation is well underway some big action scenes being shot later this month. Valley West Community Hospital already issued an email alert concerning shooting at the hospital, saying windows would be blacked out, but no major explosions would be occurring. Those effects will be added in. The source confirms "that is being worked on tonight. Nothing will be big there because they can't actually blow up the hospital. So they're just going to be using some controlled and smaller pyro's and then digitally altering it to make it look like a big explosion took place."

In Plano, the 7-Eleven set that has been constructed is now being wired with explosives, says the source "wiring of explosives starts [Today] at the 7-Eleven and it will be blown up in shooting". This occurs during scenes to be filmed in Plano when the military arrives in Smallville to take on Zod and Faora with Superman caught in the middle of the fight.

The source goes on to talk about the bank, which locals refer to as the "old bank", which is also being wired. With Warner Bros releasing an official first look photo of Cavill in the new Superman suit last week, many were speculating about the authenticity of the bank vault as the background. "Oh, it's real. The bank is real. It is being wired with explosives, too and will feature a massive military rumble involving Zod and Faora. The direction of that scene will be done from more of a distance because of explosives, just like the 7-Eleven." The use of the bank also coincides with the fight scenes being shot in Plano in a massive military rumble. Does Superman appear... "yes" was the answer from the source. Last week, Richard Healy, the executive director of the Plano Area Chamber of Commerce said "stuff would be blown up" and talked about a huge military scene involving soldiers repelling from a helicopter and shell casings being left on the street. These new story details are directly in line with Healy's statements.

The source continues by talking about a scene in which Superman learns of specific powers. "Superman learns of certain powers that he has where a glass starts shaking and then breaks. Snyder was very specific and provided a lot of detail about how this was to be done. It will all be controlled with pyrotechnics with certain holes drilled at certain depths and multiple blasts to make the total effect."

The source said much secrecy surrounds the story and "we are only told about certain scenes, not all of them at this point." Actors that will be present include: Cavill, Meloni, Shannon and Traue were names revealed.

Unread 2011-08-15, 10:32 PM   #66
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

First Look At Amy Adams On The Man Of Steel Set!

Some great close-up images of Amy Adams have been captured from the Plano set of ZackSnyder's Superman reboot. The shoot took place at a 7-11 and Adams seems to be waiting around in character as Lois Lane..

Unread 2011-08-17, 04:30 PM   #67
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Man Of Steel Filming Details Reveal Spoilers About A Young Superman And Tornado Aftermath!

Someone claiming to have seen filming take place at Valley West Community Hospital in Sandwich, Illinois has revealed major details about the emergence of a young ClarkKent's powers and the action packed tornado Smallville scenes...

io9 have received some interesting pieces of information about the August 15 filming at Valley West Community Hospital in Sandwich, Illinois, which include some revealing details about the scenes filmed thre. Be sure to click on the link below to check out some photos they received with this info, that actually feature signs on a location saying "Smallville Pediatrics" surely backing up this tipsters claims.
They were filming a scene in the hospital where the Kents were taking a young Clark in for a checkup. Kevin Costner was on set, as well as two boys who were playing young Superman. The scene included breaking of windows on the front of the building, a fish tank, a gumball machine, a mug as well as windows on the Green 1970 Nova and the station wagon all as a result of young Superman letting out a Super Cry.

I learned that there will be HUGE battle in Plano which will include blowing up the gas station and running a train through the Sears Store during the scene. Also they will be smashing a pickup truck into the Kent House in Yorkville as a result of a tornado.

Unread 2011-08-18, 05:15 PM   #68
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

More Potential Spoilers For Man Of Steel's Tornado Scenes!

Detailing a scene set to take place during the tornado in Smallville, check out the latest spoilers to come in from an extra on the set detailing a key scene between Superman and another major character...

Many thanks to Erik Amaya over at Comic Book Resources' "Side Reel" for the following excerpt. As with any rumor to come off of a set during filming, take it with a pinch of salt for the time being, but this may very well be a key scene in the upcoming movie, depending on whether they [SPOILER]decide to use this moment to kill off Jonathan Kent as I reported last night following leaked pictures of his headstone[END SPOILER] or as the emergence of Clark's ability to fly! Stay tuned for more details as and when we have them!
Meanwhile, Reeler Mike of Steel sent me the this note: "I talked to a friend of mine who was a 'featured extra' (which is apparently different than a regular extra) in the 'Man of Steel' filming down in bufu Illinois. He told me the scene he filmed, over a two day period, involves citizens running away from a tornado. Jonathan Kent is apparently swept up in the tornado and Superman has to fly up and save him." Thanks, Mike.
How do you think the movie is shaping up so far? Be sure to share your thoughts in the usual place, and if you have any details or photos you'd like to share about this movie, feel free to get in touch by clicking on the "Contact Josh Wilding" link at the top left hand side of this page.

Unread 2011-08-19, 01:48 AM   #69
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Man of Steel: Pictures of Superman's Crater!

A source has contacted IGN, and provided pictures of the crater in the cornfield. The crash site for baby Kal-El!

The images show the crater in the cornfield where baby Kal-El's ship crash-landed, the homestead doubling for the Kent family farm, and a newspaper delivery truck for The Smallville Sentinel.- IGN
Click Images to Enlarge
<="" a="">

<="" a="">

<="" a="">

You are looking upon one of the iconic moments from the Superman mythos. You can just picture it now, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane, Ma and Pa kent come upon a crater, this very crater and discover a small boy, Kal-El. Oh baby! Bust out the John Williams soundtrack I'm getting excited for this move!

Uploaded by Deanna T Green - Green screen stairs arrive on set. What for?

Unread 2011-08-21, 05:44 PM   #70
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Superman Spotted In More Photos From The 'Kent Farm' Set Of Man Of Steel

Seemingly showing that Superman doesn't have trunks, and may have the "curl," more images from the 'Kent Farm' set of ZackSnyder's Man Of Steel!
Here are a few new set images featuring HenryCavill suited as 'Superman, courtesy of Gregory Zonsius. Possibly showing that there aren't any "trunks" on the suit, in the pics below, you can see that the waist area is blue with the gold belt coming across the waist.

Zoomed in closer at the suit.

In the pic below, there is a possible sighting of the "curl" in the center of Henry Cavill's hair. I've zoomed in close to try and give a better view.

What do you think?

Unread 2011-08-21, 05:45 PM   #71
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Superman Spotted On The Set Of Man Of Steel At The Kent Farm!

A new photograph of what is assumed to be HenryCavill has surfaced that shows Superman at the Kent Farm, and confirms that the Supersuit will not have the S on the Cape.

Photographer Gregory Zonsius has sent a photo to The Man Of Steel Fan Page that he snapped of Superman at the Kent Farm during production of the upcoming Man of Steel movie. The photo is a shot from behind and it is not clear if it is Cavill or not. This does confirm, however, that Superman will NOT has the S shield on the back of his cape.

Unread 2011-08-22, 08:44 PM   #72
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Latest Man Of Steel Set Photos Seemingly Reveal Downed Aircraft!

As filming begins in Plano, IL, a couple of set photos have found their way online from the highly secretive set, and they feature what appears to be a crashed aircraft on the streets of "Smallville"! Check it out...
Thanks to On Location Vacations for the following information and photos. Be sure to click on the link below to head on over to the site where you'll find even more images from the "Smallville" set.
One of our readers, Andy, sent a few pictures of a crashed airplane along Main Street in Plano, IL. In some of the photos you can also see smoke in the air as well.

According to Plano Mayor Bob Hausler, Autumn Frost the movie’s working title) has been approved for filming in town from August 22 to August 30. He also told us that the City Council will vote tonight on whether or not the movie can shoot in Plano for an additional two days as their location manager has requested.

Unread 2011-08-23, 11:15 PM   #73
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: First Glimpse Of Female Villain Faora On The Man Of Steel Set

A new batch of spy pics from the Plano set of ZackSnyder's Man Of Steel seem to give us our first (distant) look at actress Antje Traue as General Zod's partner in crime Faora..
As you can see one pic is blurred and one is taken from behind, but these pics do give us a fair idea of the costume Traue will be sporting as Faora.

Updated with the below pic which gives us a much better, although still distant, look at the character. Do these pics also seem to confirm that there will be more villains for Supes to content with aside from Faora and Zod? As Traue is flanked by another guy in a mo-cap suit.

What's interesting is that Michael Shannon would seem to be getting some CG makeovers with his General Zod costume, while Faora seems to be suited up the old fashioned way. Here is someone else in one of those mo-cap suits. Shannon's stunt double?

Unread 2011-08-24, 12:29 PM   #74
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

New Full Frontal View Of (Presumably) Henry Cavill in Superman Suit!

New (low-res) spy pictures of Superman suit revealed online. No red tights!
Man of Steel FacebookPage doesn't dissapoint as two more spy pics are posted but this time of the Superman suit! They have stated that they are currently filming in the pictures.

These new pics also reveal the black supersuit worn by villaness Faeora.

Man of Steel is set to be out in theaters on June 14th, 2013 and stars HenryCavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, and Russell Crowe

Unread 2011-08-26, 04:35 PM   #75
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Henry Cavill Trying Not To Watch Other Superman Movies While Filming Man Of Steel

In a recent interview HenryCavill said that he is trying to avoid watching old Superman movies and footage and relying on the comicbook to draw his inspiration for the character.

Henry Cavill recently sat down with Empire magazine where he talked a little bit about preparing for his role of Superman in the upcoming movie Man Of Steel. Cavill says that between training, studying source material, and meetings he barely has any time to sleep. He also stated that he is avoiding watching other Superman films and trying to rely on comic books to really tap in to Superman's character.
"A lot of people are relying on me to do the job properly. I tend to avoid focusing on the pressure and just do the job. And that involves a lot of man-hours."

"Training, training, training - of various types - study, source material study, meetings, costume meetings, costume meeting and then tea! They're 24-hour days. You just don't sleep. At all. Ever."

"When you're doing an origin story, and a reinvention of the franchise, I certainly want to avoid watching too much of the films done previously, or other moving footage, because you can start picking up character traits of other actors' interpretations."

"The truest source of Superman is the comic books, and I want to immerse myself in those, and bring out what I can bring out from that."
Personally I like that he is relying on comic books instead of movies to develop his own character for the film What do you guys think, as usual sound off in the comment boxes below.