Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > Donut Shop

Unread 2013-02-21, 04:37 AM   #26
SirDavy

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 33
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

so i feel i should share this story: I pulled into a gas station one time on duty and this kid was at the pump next to his car. I said "that tint looks a little dark ha ha" and he responded with "its my fuckin car isn't it" (Note i'm in uniform and just stepped out of my patrol vehicle) I thought to myself "ok asshole" (I don't generally write tickets. money is tough now days warnings are enough) so i waited on this punk and pulled him over. Now he has both his windows rolled all the way down. I asked him to roll his drivers window up a bit so i could test his tint. He asked me if i had a search warrant. I asked him to step out of the car to which he responded "why?" i said i was going to impound his vehicle and get my search warrant he requested so i could test his tint. He then said fine and rolled the window up and i gave him a ticket. Then i informed the local cop of the town i stopped him in where he lives at and the attitude he displayed to me so that he would be aware.
Unread 2013-02-21, 07:52 AM   #27
Mantooth
What time is it?

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 89
Thanks (Received): 126
Likes (Given): 5978
Likes (Received): 1142
Dislikes (Given): 22
Dislikes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDavy View Post
so i feel i should share this story: I pulled into a gas station one time on duty and this kid was at the pump next to his car. I said "that tint looks a little dark ha ha" and he responded with "its my fuckin car isn't it" (Note i'm in uniform and just stepped out of my patrol vehicle) I thought to myself "ok asshole" (I don't generally write tickets. money is tough now days warnings are enough) so i waited on this punk and pulled him over. Now he has both his windows rolled all the way down. I asked him to roll his drivers window up a bit so i could test his tint. He asked me if i had a search warrant. I asked him to step out of the car to which he responded "why?" i said i was going to impound his vehicle and get my search warrant he requested so i could test his tint. He then said fine and rolled the window up and i gave him a ticket. Then i informed the local cop of the town i stopped him in where he lives at and the attitude he displayed to me so that he would be aware.
As you should have.

-'00 Jeep Cherokee
-'04 E55
Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-02-21, 08:20 AM   #28
KCCivic02

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 34
Likes (Given): 18
Likes (Received): 302
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCobra View Post
I've heard of using a steamer, but didn't see any decent directions.

I definitely need to do this to the Cobra. Old-ass 35% tint is starting to look like shit. My main concern was the damn rear window with the defrost lines.
Last time I took off old tint, it took forever to get the gummy glue off.

I can't wait to get the new hood and wingless rear deck lid painted paired with a nice 20% tint.
Advice: get that crap off now. Don't wait forever like me. It ended up taking me about 2 to 3 hours to do the side windows, which wasn't bad. My first time removing and it was in pretty rough shape. The back window took me about 4 hours of my time, and 2 hours of my tinters time. Ended up being FUBAR and we had to nix the defroster lines. Not fun, and he has an industrial steamer. Take care of it asap if it's looking bad.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
Unread 2013-02-21, 09:56 AM   #29
RiskyRick

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 77
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 382
Dislikes (Given): 51
Dislikes (Received): 19

Quote:
No hope for the youth today
RiskyRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-02-21, 09:57 AM   #30
Hot Carl

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 7
Dislikes (Given): 15
Dislikes (Received): 44

Sounds like this place has a lot of pimps and gang-banger wannabes. I hope cops write you tickets on a regular basis.

How would you like to walk up to a dark car at 3 a.m. and hope that the jackoff in the car doesn't have a gun pointed at you?
Hot Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-02-21, 10:28 AM   #31
Mantooth
What time is it?

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 89
Thanks (Received): 126
Likes (Given): 5978
Likes (Received): 1142
Dislikes (Given): 22
Dislikes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Carl View Post
Sounds like this place has a lot of pimps and gang-banger wannabes. I hope cops write you tickets on a regular basis.

How would you like to walk up to a dark car at 3 a.m. and hope that the jackoff in the car doesn't have a gun pointed at you?
I ALWAYS roll my windows down when I get stopped, before the officer gets out of his car. Keys on the dash, hands on the wheel at 10 & 2. Don't lump me in with criminals.

-'00 Jeep Cherokee
-'04 E55
Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-02-21, 12:01 PM   #32
RiskyRick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

The fuck are you talking about?

Cliff notes of the thread:
We've talked about it being silly to get a tint ticket the first day you have a car, simply paying ticket vs. methods of removing said tint, and that you shouldn't act like a jackass when you get pulled over if you don't want a ticket.

Show me where these badasses are, please.

Last edited by RiskyRick; 2013-02-21 at 12:06 PM..
Unread 2013-02-21, 12:04 PM   #33
xXSTi-lynXx

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 1185
Likes (Received): 1000
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 81

I have tinted windows, I dont consider myself to be a ganagbanger/criminal???? as for being a pimp... the jury is still out on that one.

2005 AW STi Stage 2 w/ E85 -324whp 378wft/lbs - Casper
2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes RiskyRick liked this post
xXSTi-lynXx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-02-21, 12:07 PM   #34
RiskyRick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSTi-lynXx View Post
I have tinted windows, I dont consider myself to be a ganagbanger/criminal???? as for being a pimp... the jury is still out on that one.
You got got dark windows? Awww shit, must be a thug
Unread 2013-02-21, 12:21 PM   #35
SVT

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 28
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 53
Dislikes (Given): 9
Dislikes (Received): 3

Well this escalated quickly...
SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-02-21, 12:32 PM   #36
xXSTi-lynXx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

Your take/opinion on every thread you comment on perplexes me, were you the weird, socially awkward kid at school that wore sweatshirts with mystical wolves and eagle graphics back in the day?

2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Mantooth, SirDavy, SVT liked this post
Unread 2013-02-22, 09:58 PM   #37
ACRGT213

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 32
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 1

You admitted guilt. Should have played dumb.

Like driving with open headers. "Yeah I know it is illegal, but I had to drive THIS car RIGHT NOW"
ACRGT213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-02-23, 05:39 PM   #38
SirDavy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSTi-lynXx View Post
Your take/opinion on every thread you comment on perplexes me, were you the weird, socially awkward kid at school that wore sweatshirts with mystical wolves and eagle graphics back in the day?
hey those sweaters were fantastic, my grandma gave the best gifts!! (mine had fierce tigers and panthers)
Unread 2013-02-23, 07:51 PM   #39
grey89si

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 49
Dislikes (Given): 7

Quote:
So how dark were the kids windows??
grey89si is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-02-23, 07:55 PM   #40
SirDavy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey89si View Post
So how dark were the kids windows??
28%, and i know thats a chicken shit ticket, and i never would have wrote it in a million years to anyone that would have been less of a douche of a jerk.
Unread 2013-02-23, 08:28 PM   #41
grey89si

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
28%, and i know thats a chicken shit ticket, and i never would have wrote it in a million years to anyone that would have been less of a douche of a jerk.
Not that Im trying to justify his response, and it definitely sounds like he overreacted, but I dont think too many people would give you a pleasant response if you came up to them in uniform while they were getting gas and asked them the same question. I know I for one would get somewhat defensive if a uniformed cop randomly came up to me, while I was getting gas, and asked me how dark my window tint was. Honestly I wouldve just told you I have a really dark colored interior, as that makes lighter tint seem a lot darker than it actually is.
Unread 2013-02-23, 09:12 PM   #42
SirDavy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey89si View Post
Not that Im trying to justify his response, and it definitely sounds like he overreacted, but I dont think too many people would give you a pleasant response if you came up to them in uniform while they were getting gas and asked them the same question. I know I for one would get somewhat defensive if a uniformed cop randomly came up to me, while I was getting gas, and asked me how dark my window tint was. Honestly I wouldve just told you I have a really dark colored interior, as that makes lighter tint seem a lot darker than it actually is.
I didn't approach him, just walked past his car to go into the station.
SirDavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-02-23, 09:36 PM   #43
RiskyRick

Post Thanks / Like

What state?
Unread 2013-02-23, 09:41 PM   #44
grey89si

Post Thanks / Like

Well if he was that big of a douchecanoe, you shouldve held him for suspected drug trafficing, and ordered a full cavity search, the one that doesnt stop until the searcher touches tonsils.

Ive had my fair share of tint tickets, and most of them were probably deserved. I had 5% tint, you cant really see well out of that at night and that becomes a safety issue. Ive had 20% tint for the past eight years on all my cars, and have only been pulled over for it once, by a small town cop in a VERY remote section of kansas, I just got a warning and went on my way.

All the traffic stops Ive been involved in, I stay courteous and respectable as long as the cop stays that way to me, the moment they go full asshole, I give it right back to them. Even then, Ive learned that "anything you say can and WILL be used against you" so sometimes its better to surrender a little pride and just get a warning, sometimes you can only live and learn..

Its a bit of a difference in the story youre describing, considering you say he flipped out over just a casual comment, instead of a direct approach.
Unread 2013-02-24, 02:26 AM   #45
SirDavy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyRick View Post
What state?
missouri
SirDavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2013-02-24, 05:36 AM   #46
xXSTi-lynXx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
hey those sweaters were fantastic, my grandma gave the best gifts!! (mine had fierce tigers and panthers)
Seems like every class had a kid like that. I have picked a few shirts like that at savers/thrift stores, some of my buddies and I go out sometimes wearing crazy stuff like those shirts, bill cosby style sweaters, members only jackets, parachute pants, goofy ass suits, just to be silly.
Its a riot !

2002 Toyota tacoma TRD
Unread 2013-02-24, 05:08 PM   #47
RiskyRick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
missouri
I've heard from a couple people that there is a little wiggle room beyond the 35% to account for what slight factory tint may already be present- is this true? If so, what kind of acceptable range are we talking? I currently don't have anything with tinted windows, I'm just curious for furure reference.