Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Unread 2017-06-05, 03:07 PM   #126
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs sign Tevin Jones

Jones was an undrafted free agent out of Memphis last year with no NFL stats to this point. He has decent size at 6’2 and 225 pounds. He signed with the Texans after the draft and spent some time on their practice squad.

Like most signings in June, it’ll be a long shot for him to make it. Receiver is a spot where there is some uncertainty in Kansas City after the release of Jeremy Maclin. Chris Conley, Tyreek Hill and Demarcus Robinson are the only true locks that I see.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-05, 08:00 PM   #127
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy Maclin might just be the start for the Chiefs

Jay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY Sports

A lot of people were up in arms at the release of veteran WR Jeremy Maclin on Friday. While a little shocking, there were plenty of reasons to justify the divorce between him and the Chiefs. At the center of it has to be some difficult cap decisions that the Chiefs will be facing in 2018. If you were sad to see Maclin go, there's a chance you're going to be in for some difficult times both this year and next.
Per Over the Cap, the Chiefs currently are projected to have -$638,000 in salary cap for the 2018 season. Yikes. There are going to be some hard decisions to be made over the next two years. Unfortunately, the most expendable Chiefs are names that will be in the Ring of Honor someday.
Here are some moves that are very feasible (dare I say likely) in the next two season.
2017:
The Chiefs release Dustin Colquitt
Cairo Santos was innocently on the Chiefs 90-man roster as a camp leg to go with incumbent Ryan Succop. Until the Chiefs surprisingly released Succop and went with the rookie. Will Monday is innocently on the Chiefs roster as a young, inexpensive potential replacement to Colquitt. Why would the Chiefs release Colquitt in 2017? If the Chiefs can accumulate more cap in 2017, they can carry it over to 2018. With the release of Colquitt, the Chiefs would have a projected $14,980,426 this season to spend on this year's team or carry over to the '18 cap.
2018:
The Chiefs release or trade Alex Smith
He's carving a career out as being a football team starter kit. Bring in Alex Smith, stabilize the quarterback position with conservative play, and win enough games to take your team to their next chapter. This is, by far, the most obvious way for the Chiefs to save money next year. By releasing or trading Smith, the Chiefs will save $17,000,000 in cap space. The hope for Chiefs fans should be that Smith plays well enough to warrant a 3rd or 4th round pick as compensation for one year of service for his next team. Regardless, it's going to be very difficult to see Smith on the roster in any capacity next season.
The Chiefs release Derrick Johnson
Another very obvious option. Regardless of whether Johnson can overcome his injury from 2016, this is another easy way to save money. Cutting Johnson loose after the season would net the Chiefs $8,000,000 in cap space. A lifelong Chief could be on the way out at the end of the 2017 season.
The Chiefs release Tamba Hali
The fourth and final move to save the Chiefs from their 2018 crisis. This will be first time the Chiefs are realistically able to get out from under the odd timing and negotiations of his contract from a few years ago. Cutting another lifelone Chief in Hali after the 2017 season would net $7,000,000 in savings against the cap.
Total Potential 2018 Cap Room: $46,342,193
All these moves could give the Chiefs flexibility to find replacements for Johnson and Hali and fill roster holes going into next season. There are also potential contract extensions that the Chiefs could be gearing up for like Marcus Peters, Mitch Morse and Dee Ford. I saw someone say the Chiefs are subtly in rebuild mode this year. To some extent, they're right. The move for Pat Mahomes is a prime example. Making hard decisions in the name of cap space for 2018 could help them change the direction of the organization without too many hiccups, and issue in a new era for the organization.

Unread 2017-06-05, 10:29 PM   #128
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs third round pick Kareem Hunt inks his contract, two draft picks remain unsigned

Kansas City Chiefs third round pick Kareem Hunt has put pen to paper on his first official contract in the NFL. His agency tweeted out the picture of him signing it (and the Chiefs confirmed).

These are all mostly slotted contracts with not much room for negotiation. The Chiefs do have two picks left to sign, first round pick Patrick Mahomes and second round pick Tanoh Kpassagnon. I don’t think anyone anticipates any hiccups in those contracts. They have been participating in OTAs but probably signed an injury waiver to do so.
The Chiefs signed draft picks Jehu Chesson (fourth), Ukeme Eligwe (fifth) and Leon McQuay III (sixth) back on May 6.
One of the hot topics of conversation this offseason has been how the Chiefs will use Hunt and Spencer Ware. Hunt’s balance and ability to catch the ball this offseason have been noted. Ware was on a tear early last season for a concussion seemed to derail his momentum. I see the Chiefs having a good split between the two so that they have fresh(-ish) legs late in the season and, potentially, the playoffs.

Unread 2017-06-09, 10:08 PM   #129
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 84
Likes (Received): 347
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 19

The Kansas City Chiefs made a few roster moves on Friday. They announced the release of S Damariay Drew and DT TJ Barnes and signed DT Cam Thomas and CB Keith Baxter.
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-12, 03:11 PM   #130
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Maclin to Ravens... damn I'm still so miffed he's not a Chief anymore.
Unread 2017-06-15, 08:25 PM   #131
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs have waived Corin Brooks (OL) and Stanley Jean-Baptiste (CB), and signed free agents Trevon Hartfield (CB) and Donald Hawkins (T).
Unread 2017-06-16, 08:35 AM   #132
redlobster

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 39
Likes (Received): 319
Dislikes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricerking13 View Post
Maclin to Ravens... damn I'm still so miffed he's not a Chief anymore.
Happy to have him on the Ravens
redlobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-16, 11:42 AM   #133
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlobster View Post
Happy to have him on the Ravens
He definitely has more fantasy potential there than with my Chiefs.
Unread 2017-06-22, 03:42 PM   #134
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 700
Likes (Received): 449
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 3

Big red extension and Dorsey gone now

WTF is going on with this front office?
kellyrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-22, 09:49 PM   #135
Ryan H.

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 85
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 166
Likes (Received): 230
Dislikes (Given): 66
Dislikes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrx8 View Post
Big red extension and Dorsey gone now

WTF is going on with this front office?
Rumor is that Dorsey was going back to GB after this year.
Ryan H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-22, 10:01 PM   #136
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

I think GB shut that rumor down.

I am guessing it has more to do with the poor salary cap handling and awful contracts that were handed out.
Unread 2017-06-23, 08:56 AM   #137
redlobster

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 39
Likes (Received): 319
Dislikes (Received): 29

Chiefs let Chris Ballard walk only to Fire their GM 3 months later. Fools
redlobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-23, 09:39 AM   #138
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 257
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1931
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Back to a decade of mediocrity for the organization. yay.......... *sigh

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-23, 10:58 AM   #139
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Back to a decade of mediocrity for the organization. yay.......... *sigh
Team talent is still there, and coaching, this is all front office nonsense
Unread 2017-06-23, 03:31 PM   #140
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

rumor mill writeup

Unread 2017-07-06, 05:59 PM   #141
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

the chiefs have placed Will Monday (P) on waivers.

We have signed Free Agents Josh Mauga (LB) and Steven Terrell (S).
Unread 2017-07-06, 06:01 PM   #142
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Roster Move: We have placed safety Marqueston Huff on waivers.
Unread 2017-07-11, 10:46 AM   #143
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Official: Brett Veach is the Kansas City Chiefs new GM

Brett Veach is the Kansas City Chiefs new GM. This is now official as the Chiefs have confirmed several reports out there.

“After a comprehensive search process, I am pleased to announce that we have hired Brett Veach to serve as the next General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs,” Chiefs owner Clark Hunt said in a statement. “Brett has a sharp football mind, a tremendous work ethic and a keen eye for finding talent. Over the last four seasons he’s played a critical role in building our football team. I look forward to working with him to continue to build on the strong foundation we have in place.”
Veach was the top internal candidate and also very young for a GM (39). He started in the league as an Andy Reid guy working under the Eagles head coach a decade ago as an assistant to Reid so this is very much a continuity play. The Chiefs want to keep a good thing going after firing John Dorsey (for whatever reason they fired him).

Veach has a track record of working with Reid and working in a successful front office like the Chiefs the past four years. Veach was previously with the Eagles as an assistant to Reid and worked his way up the personnel side. He was most recently the Chiefs co-director of player personnel.

Also note that Veach mentioned Dorsey in his statement. I don’t know why I find that interesting but I do.
“My family and I would like to extend our gratitude to Clark and the Hunt family for this incredible opportunity,” Veach said in a statement from the Chiefs. “I am humbled and honored to serve as the General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs. Over the last four seasons I’ve had the privilege to work alongside Andy Reid, John Dorsey and a great group of coaches and personnel staff. Together, we built a strong foundation of players that have helped us sustain success on the field. I’m looking forward to continuing our progress as we head into 2017.”
I like this move because of the continuity aspect. The Chiefs weren’t a downtrodden franchise that needed a total reboot. They needed to keep whatever they were doing before because it was pretty successful. From that standpoint, I like this move.

The Chiefs interviewed a number of other candidates, according to reports. That includes Scott Fitterer from the Seahawks and Ryan Cowden of the Titans as well as ESPN’s Louis Riddick (who denied NFL Network’s report).
Veach’s first move is to get ready for training camp. The Chiefs arrive in St. Joe in two weeks

Unread 2017-07-25, 02:14 PM   #144
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

There was word Michael Vick wanted to coach and I figured Andy Reid was the first call he should make. According to the Chiefs, Vick is at Chiefs training camp as a coaching intern.

We had a story on Terrell Owens earlier today so I feel like we’re getting all of Big Red’s old players back together. Vick said on a podcast in May that he had talked to Reid about coaching with him so this isn’t completely out of the blue.
“Yeah well he just wanted to get my thoughts, but we haven’t talked about it since,” Vick said of his conversation with Reid on coaching. “But if I could coach with anybody, I would love to start out with Andy if there was an opportunity. Obviously, I would love it with the Falcons as well. So we’ll see how it goes.”
I love this. Vick is an icon to every player on that field who grew up watching him. Every generation has those players that were a step above everyone else. Randy Moss comes to mind and so does Vick.
Vick went through a ton in his NFL career, from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows. He has made very dumb decisions. He has also battled back from adversity. He’s a good perspective for a quarterback entering the NFL.
Plus, he’s a quarterback who worked with Andy Reid for four years. That’s valuable right there.

Unread 2017-07-25, 09:25 PM   #145
Mobbes

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 79
Likes (Given): 161
Likes (Received): 357
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 8

He was a great QB. He might be sketchy but Reid has a way of turning people around. I think he can be a great example of what to do and don't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar
New aids is still aids.
Mobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-26, 03:39 PM   #146
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobbes View Post
He was a great QB. He might be sketchy but Reid has a way of turning people around. I think he can be a great example of what to do and don't do.
Shit Mahomes has , Smith, Reid and Vick ( for 3 weeks) helping him out
SOAK THAT SHIT UP SON!!!!
Unread 2017-07-28, 11:19 AM   #147
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs trade DJ Alexander to Seahawks for LB Kevin Pierre-Louis

City Chiefs have cleaned up their inside linebacker logjam by trading away special teams ace DJ Alexander to the Seattle Seahawks, according to an announcement from the Chiefs. They acquired LB Kevin Pierre-Louis from the Seahawks in the trade.

This is the first big move for Chiefs new GM Brett Veach. I looked at the inside linebackers today and realized the Chiefs were going to have to cut a good player. This is a little surprising because Alexander was a special teams Pro Bowler last year. However, he had little to no role on defense. The Chiefs have an excellent special teams group so maybe they feel they have the talent (and coaching - hi, Dave Toub) to replace him there.
Pierre-Louis was a 2014 fourth round pick by the Seahawks. He has very few career stats so I don’t know much about him. I figured Alexander was going to make the team so I would hope the guy the Chiefs traded him for can crack the 53-man roster. The Chiefs first training camp practice is this afternoon.

Unread 2017-07-28, 11:34 AM   #148
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this as well. Traded a pro-bowl special teams player and guy who could fill in at ILB if needed for someone who was a 2014 4th round pick with very little playing experience...
Unread 2017-07-28, 12:00 PM   #149
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher View Post
Just saw this as well. Traded a pro-bowl special teams player and guy who could fill in at ILB if needed for someone who was a 2014 4th round pick with very little playing experience...
Looks like he plays plenty of special teams himself, and with only 7% of snaps in a busy defense, still managed 12 combined tackles... not too bad, a tackle every 6 snaps.

Article said we had a LB "logjam", hopefully this guy is just a better fit.

I know I end up drafting him in Madden a lot when I do a fantasy draft... so at least Madden thinks he's got talent! 70 vs DJ's 62, lol.
Unread 2017-08-02, 12:40 PM   #150
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

KC Chiefs GM Brett Veach continues to make moves. The Chiefs are signing veteran DT Roy Miller, according to his agent.

More defensive line help, huh? The Chiefs could probably use it with Chris Jones’s injury keeping him out for now. Rakeem Nunez-Roches, a 2015 sixth round pick, is currently in there for Jones so I wonder if this signing is in response to his first few days of camp or if the Chiefs are simply looking at a veteran lineman.
Miller, 30, was a 2009 third round pick by the Bucs. He played college ball at Texas if any of you Big 12 folks remember him. Most recently he was with the Jaguars from 2013-16. Miller, 30, is listed at 6’2 and 319 pounds.