Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Unread 2014-12-07, 12:58 PM   #1
Rob

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 169
Thanks (Received): 147
Likes (Given): 826
Likes (Received): 848
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 23
Default CM Punk Signs with UFC

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/11...ufc-fight-2015

Thoughts? Coming into the UFC with a 0-0 record. Probably at 185 but maybe at 170

Quote:
LAS VEGAS -- The UFC has signed former WWE professional wrestler CM Punk to fight in the Octagon.

The promotion announced the signing during its UFC 181 pay-per-view broadcast Saturday night. CM Punk, birth name Phil Brooks, has never fought professional mixed martial arts.

"This is my new career, 100 percent," CM Punk said in a statement. "I'm going to go full steam ahead, all systems go after today, and it's going to be fun."

UFC president Dana White said CM Punk intends to fight at middleweight (185 pounds), but said he'd be open to 170 pounds.

The UFC took to Twitter to announce that CM Punk is expected to make his Octagon debut in 2015.
Unread 2014-12-07, 02:04 PM   #2
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCViiT9-7DY

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-12-07, 06:04 PM   #3
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

'Power Ranger' Jason David Frank wants CM Punk for his first UFC fight

Gabriel Grams/FilmMagic,Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images
It's a brave new world UFC fans. Power Ranger vs. WWE champion could happen

It's been less than 24 hours since the UFC announced the signing of former WWE champion Phil 'CM Punk' Brooks to the roster and it didn't take long for fighters to start calling out the newcomer for his first fight inside the Octagon.
Everyone from top 10 ranked middleweight Michael Bisping to former Ultimate Fighter winner Elias Theodorou took the opportunity to ask for a fight with Brooks when he debuts. The truth of the matter, however, is neither of them will get anywhere near the former professional wrestler in his first fight considering he's got zero fighting experience without a single bout on his record either professionally or even at an amateur level.
UFC president Dana White stated on Saturday night that Brooks' first fight will come against someone with equal footing in the fight game, most likely a fighter with one or two professional fights on their record.
Enter former Mighty Morphin Power Ranger Jason David Frank to the conversation.
“I have to do this and wake up the UFC. I like CM, this is just a professional call out again. This is my life and I deserve a shot at this. ”

— Jason David Frank

Frank, 41, actually dabbled in mixed martial arts as recently as 2010 when he turned from acting to fighting with four amateur bouts taking place in Texas and Virginia. The life long martial artist racked up four wins, finishing all of the bouts in the first round. Frank's commitments to film projects and appearances eventually forced him to forgo a future in MMA, but the moment Brooks' name came up on Saturday night he was chomping at the bit to get the former professional wrestler in the Octagon.
"Jason's actually been kind of toying with the idea of fighting CM Punk for over a year now," Frank's manager Brian Butler from Suckerpunch Entertainment told FOX Sports on Sunday. "They toured together on the Wizard World conventions and they were doing appearances together and the fans were kind of talking about it and it got some buzz about a year ago. It never really died down, but with the announcement last night it flared back up.
"I got a text message from Jason right away saying 'he wants to fight at middleweight, too, I'd love to do it, he got away from me' just kind of joking around. But actually it makes a lot of sense."
Frank took to his Facebook page on Sunday as well to request the fight with Brooks, blasting out a notice to his over 600,000 fans on the social networking site.
"I have to do this and wake up the UFC," Frank wrote. "I like CM, this is just a professional call out again. This is my life and I deserve a shot at this. Haters hate, winners win. It's a great fight, embrace, don't hate."
As crazy as it might sound, Frank and Brooks have discussed the possibility of fighting in the past.
Nearly two years ago while they were both taking part in the Wizard World convention series that travels around the United States with celebrities for fan signings and appearances, a fan asked Brooks about facing Frank in an actual fight.
Post by SUCKERPUNCH ENTERTAINMENT.

"Sure, why not," Brooks responded when goaded for a response.
In this brave new world where a former WWE champion with no actual background in fighting is going to make his UFC debut in 2015, a fight against a former Power Ranger with legit martial arts experience isn't nearly as crazy as it sounds.

You may also like...

"It doesn't make sense to anybody that CM Punk is in the UFC now to start with, but that bridge is already built. He's there. So with that said, who better of an opponent for your very first fight than Jason Frank?" Butler stated. "He has credibility because he has four MMA fights under his belt with four finishes. They would both be making their pro debut.
"Jason brings a cult like fan base following. I don't think there's anyone on the UFC roster that could fight Phil in his first fight and have it looked at as remotely fair. I'm not doubting Phil. I kind of applaud him for putting himself out there like that. It's a gutsy move. I think this would be a great fight for his first fight and see where it goes from there."

Unread 2014-12-08, 10:59 AM   #4
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I would like to see that. Jason David Frank isn't just some bum, he's been training for years. He has fought before and is undefeated.
Unread 2014-12-08, 11:04 AM   #5
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO89VjDQzOk
Unread 2014-12-27, 07:35 PM   #6
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Jason David Frank still calling for UFC's CM Punk: I'm more legit than him, it's a logical fight

Chelsea Lauren/Getty Images

The Green Ranger, Jason David Frank says CM Punk is lying about not knowing of him and his challenge, and thinks he may be scared.
Tweet (35) Share (293) Share

Shortly after CM Punk signed with the UFC, the talk has been on who would they match up against the inexperienced WWE star. I've recently made my case and gave 5 reasons why the UFC should book the Green Ranger, Jason David Frank vs. CM Punk, and it really wouldn't be as crazy as it sounds.
Phil Brooks was recently asked about this potential bout, and the pro-wrestling star responded with a slight chuckle and denied knowing anything of Frank or his challenge. Both men have been on conventions and tours together in the past where they even spoke about a potential MMA bout, so the snub 'bugs' Frank quite a bit.

He spoke about it with Fox Sports, saying that pretending to not know about him could only mean that Punk either doesn't want to give him credibility with MMA fans, or he's scared:
"He says 'I didn't know about this, I only know he's the Green Power Ranger' so it's like dude, you do know me. Acknowledge that you know me, whether this is going to happen or not."
... "The frustrating part is I've trained with UFC guys. I've sparred Melvin Guillard, he can vouch for me, I've sparred Mike Bronzoulis, he's an amazing fighter. I spar all these MMA guys and I earned my respect. I used to spar with Derrick Lewis all the time, he's a heavyweight in the UFC, the guy is a beast. You can ask Derrick up front about me, he'd say I'm legit. I would throw down with him."
"I'm not going to lose. He's not hungry. He looked like he regrets the deal. He looks scared, he looked nervous. I'm hungry because I want this fight. I've wanted this for two years. He needs to figure it out because there's way too much hype in this. He can continue to ignore me and he can go to bed every night and go to sleep and know that he's been punked."
Frank, who is a decorated Karate expert and BJJ purple belt, has been calling for the bout for roughly two years. Now that Brooks has inked a deal with the UFC, he's still making his case for that bout against Punk. While Frank maintains that the call-out is nothing personal, he believes it's a bout that would make sense for all parties involved:

"I'm totally more legit than him. It's just kind of silly. This is a logical fight. I just feel my track record's huge. But in reality The Green Power Ranger vs. CM Punk is the same thing. CM Punk comes from fake wrestling, and the fans are going to kill me for saying that, but it's entertaining. It's great, but it's entertainment. I come from the entertainment industry, but I'm a life long martial artist. I go way back.
"The only negative side of this fight happening would be the UFC being accused of turning this into a circus side show -- well, you kind of already are (signing CM Punk). So why not do it, sell a lot of tickets and it would be a big box office draw."
According to the interview, despite winning all 5 of his MMA fights and having an extensive Martial Arts background, Frank would've likely turned down any UFC deal if it wasn't opposite CM Punk first. He understands he may still not belong with the best fighters in the world, and respects the time and work involved in earning a shot at the biggest MMA organization in the world.
He thinks it's something CM Punk may not be able to fully grasp just yet:
"I wish him the best, but he doesn't know what this world is."
Having fought at heavyweight and light heavyweight in the past, Frank has recently showed that he's now under 195 lbs, and is more than willing to face Punk at middleweight.

Unread 2015-03-04, 11:24 PM   #7
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Duke Roufus Offers 1st Glimpse into CM Punk's MMA Training

Duke Roufus/Instagram

CM Punk has his work cut out for him as he makes his move from professional wrestler to pro MMA fighter. It could be many months of toil before he emerges feeling prepared to meet his goal.
And if he gets there, it will be under the wing of Duke Roufus, head coach of the Milwaukee-based Roufusport Gym. That is the training home to UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis and One FC welterweight champ Ben Askren, among others.
It's been a fairly opaque process for us outsiders. Until Wednesday, that is, when Roufus himself graced us with a photo and a few words on how Punk (nee Phil Brooks) is coming along:

"Punk has some things to work on but he showed a lot of #Potential," read part of Roufus' Instagram post.
Looks like he's concentrating on keeping his hands up and his feet in the right position. That's good. And he's got the shin guards on there. Safety first, safety first.
Though it is anyone's guess when Punk might debut with the UFC or to what extent he will be able to compete with other professional fighters, he will surely get that shot eventually—and under some pretty bright lights.
Marking Punk's first apparent scrimmage, Roufus' post is indicative of a step in the right direction. However, it is uncertain how he will fare in pro MMA. Matt Brown, a UFC welterweight, has said Punk is in for a "big shock" because of the stiff level of opponent Punk is likely to face. Meanwhile, teammate Pettis went on record to assert that Punk is "going to do great in the sport."
Punk, a multi-title holder in the WWE, abruptly and mysteriously retired in 2014 from professional wrestling. A few months later, he announced he would begin training to make a run at a UFC berth. The 36-year-old has said he will fight either at middleweight or welterweight, most likely.
Roufus and Roufusport are known for a particular emphasis on kickboxing. Punk, with an amateur background in wrestling and some hobbyist-level experience with jiu-jitsu, seemed to feel that his striking was his biggest area of need for an MMA fight.
He will certainly receive plenty of guidance in that respect at Roufusport.
In his pro wrestling days, Punk—known for using his real-life straightedge lifestyle as a gimmick both to endear himself to and rile up fans—held the WWE championship for 434 days, the sixth-longest title reign in WWE history.

Unread 2015-05-17, 01:18 PM   #8
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

CM Punk Called The Green Power Ranger A Stalker And Got Challenged To A Fight (Again)

Facebook

It’s the nerd world’s Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.
Actor and MMA fighter Jason David Frank, best known as Tommy Oliver in the various ‘Power Rangers’ movies and TV shows, has been calling out former WWE star CM Punk for a fight since 2013. Now that Punk has abandoned pro wrestling for UFC, talk of a fight has intensified amongst their fans. The only problem? Punk isn’t interested. He’s a different kind of disinterested every time you talk to him.
At the recent C2E2 event in Chicago, Punk shrugged off questions about Frank and called him a “stalker,” saying he’s just trying to bother him until he can get “CM Punk money.” Unsurprisingly, Frank took offense to the comments and compiled a response, prefaced by video clips of all the times Punk has talked trash about him. Frank’s request is simple: they both have telephones and they’re both rich enough to fly somewhere and meet eye-to-eye, so they should do that, and also possibly punch each other.
Here’s the breakdown, so you can decide if you’re Team Punk or Team JDF. I agree with Punk’s comments that you can’t just badger people into fighting you, but man, what I wouldn’t give to see “in 2015, Punk got his ass beaten by one of the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers’ on his Wikipedia.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iInvdkwZmyk

Unread 2015-05-17, 04:56 PM   #9
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Of course he wants the fight. That means UFC will sign him and he likely gets more than 1 fight. Doubt it's gonna happen
Unread 2015-10-06, 09:58 AM   #10
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Frank: CM Punk would lose to me and he couldn't live with himself

(L-R) Jason David Frank is still waiting for a response on his challenge to fight CM Punk.

Gabriel Grams/FilmMagic,Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

As the MMA world anxiously awaits news on former pro wrestler CM Punk making his UFC debut, former "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" star Jason David Frank is still campaigning for the shot to be his first opponent.
Frank, who fought several amateur MMA bouts as well as one professional bout, has been asking to fight Punk since the former pro wrestling entertainer announced his intention to leave the WWE and sign a contract to compete inside the Octagon.
Frank addressed the possibility of fighting Punk right after he signed to the UFC and Frank has continued to hunt for a response from Punk. As 2015 is coming to a close, Frank is still waiting for an answer.
"I'm still interested to the point now where it's like step up or tell everybody that you're stepping down," Frank told FOX Sports. "I'm very interested in the fight. I've been pursuing the fight for a long time. He's the one telling fans I'm a stalker and he was saying at C2E2 in Chicago that I need to shut up. This is the fight game. I've got to keep the pressure on him. I want everybody to know when he steps down that my challenge has always been there and he's the one that's walked away from me."
While Punk's entry into the sport will come as a 0-0 fighter with no actual experience in the cage outside of his sparring sessions at Roufus Sport in Milwaukee, Frank has credentials to back up his claim that he could be a viable opponent for his first UFC fight.
Frank is a lifelong martial artist, who eventually transitioned to MMA a few years back before racking up a 4-0 record as an amateur and 1-0 as a pro. With his background playing the Green Power Ranger in the long running kid's action show, Frank knows he has the drawing power to make a fight with Punk even more intriguing than just having his name on the marquee against someone UFC fans have never heard about before.
"The only thing to save him is to get a great fight that's going to pull the numbers in," Frank said. "I think when he went into it, he wasn't serious about it. It's not the WWE and he probably talked a little bit too much and then went to camp and it was harder than he thought it would be. Maybe he's second guessing himself. I know he's supposed to fight but we haven't heard anything about when it will happen. Where's the buildup for the CM Punk fight?"
Frank has been vocal since Punk signed with the UFC about landing the fight, but he doubled his efforts recently when he began training with former UFC and WEC fighter Jeff Curran at his home gym in Illinois.
Frank promises that if he actually gets the fight with Punk, he would double things again to make sure he's in top physical condition to make his own UFC debut.

If nothing else, Frank would respect Punk more if he just flat out declined the fight and said he had no interesting in facing him. That's better than the alternative, which has been radio silence ever since Frank first mentioned possibly fighting him over a year ago.
"I just know in my heart, and I'm happy if he dodges me and steps away from that 'best in the world' title to say I don't want to fight JDF," Frank said. "There's a reason why. Maybe I was too confident and maybe I'm in his head because people keep asking him about it. There's nowhere to run. Step up and say 'no.' I'd give you more credit to say 'I'm never going to fight you.' He can't say I'm not worthy or I'm not in his league because I've got more fights than he has."
Frank is well aware that Punk's first fight in the UFC will be a draw no matter who he faces, but putting him in the Octagon with another celebrity with a recognizable name only ups the ante for the card and the promotion.
Fans have gotten on board as well with one promo video posted on YouTube currently sitting with 1.2 million-plus views over the last nine months.
Frank is staying vigilant until he knows there's no more hope to land the fight. If the UFC declined the offer that's one thing, but Frank is convinced that Punk will have some kind of say in who he faces for the first time and he knows deep down that a fight between the two of them would be an attraction.
"I truly believe that he has it in his contract that he gets the last, final say on who he fights and he just won't give it to me," Frank said. "Because I already have fans behind me and he'll lose to me and he couldn't live with himself. Maybe he could lose to some no name and maybe he feels better losing to somebody else, but he doesn't want to lose to me. That's the bottom line.
"He's never going to be able to run away because one day down the road he's going to have to face me. Even if I'm 50. And when I'm 50 I'll still beat him. I'm in his head and he knows I'm in his head. I've already won. If I'm not in his head, respond back."

Unread 2015-12-04, 11:20 PM   #11
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Dana White Looking For CM Punk's UFC Debut Opponent

(Photo: UFC)
It's almost been a year to the day when Phil "CM Punk" Brooks announced he had signed a multi-fight deal with Dana White's UFC. Brooks, a former multi-time WWE Champion, said he would fight in the middleweight or welterweight division in 2015, but that has yet to happen.
Enter reality TV.
Dana White recently launched Dana White: Looking For a Fight, a YouTube pilot that has White, his childhood friend Nick "The Tooth", and former UFC Ultimate Fighter winner Matt Serra, traveling the world looking for up and coming talent. Recently the UFC President was a guest on Off The Record with Michael Landsberg, talking about Brooks' finally getting into the Octagon.
On the subject if White knew it would take a year for Brooks to finally fight, he had said that due to Brooks' background, he was unsure from the start. "It's the first time this guy has ever trained to fight. The guy has never wrestled. He's professional wrestled but he's never wrestled." White did confirm that Brooks will fight next year. "100-percent," he said.
Landsberg also asked about how much leeway will White give Brooks when issuing his opponent. Landsberg stated that due to Brooks' star power that it would be wise not to put him with a "nobody", but to also having to prove what he's got. That's where White mentioned the pilot.
"I'm actually looking for opponents for CM Punk right now."
You can check out the pilot in the link above, but it seems that White is being very cautious how he's handling Brooks debut right now. With Brooks potentially bringing over a lot of WWE fans to UFC, White making him into one of UFC's big stars should be a priority, but interest could wane if they wait too much longer.

Unread 2015-12-05, 09:36 PM   #12
JR

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 22
Likes (Given): 294
Likes (Received): 140
Dislikes (Given): 19
Dislikes (Received): 6

Dana was in Wichita for a small MMA fight scouting for that youtube show. Took some pictures with fans and such.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-12-06, 08:06 AM   #13
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason Dana white is looking so hard for an opponent is because he wants to find someone he knows for sure CM Punk can beat. Otherwise, why not give him someone who is already a UFC Rookie?
Unread 2015-12-06, 08:53 AM   #14
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 920
Thanks (Received): 333
Likes (Given): 6306
Likes (Received): 2714
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131

I can't imagine at 37, Punk will have any amount of success.
mild83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-01-18, 12:45 PM   #15
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

The parameters surrounding former WWE star CM Punk’s UFC debut are finally becoming clear. After confirming earlier this week that the 37-year-old fighter’s first opponent will likely be Mickey Gall, UFC President Dana White said Friday when he thinks the fight might go down.

[Dana White says CM Punk will fight Mickey Gall if the latter wins at UFC 196]

“The CM Punk fight is probably going to be in June,” White said on Boston’s Toucher & Rich show on Friday. “UFC 199 is what I’m thinking.”

Expectations for Punk, whose real name is Phil Brooks, are high among his fans who haven’t seen Punk in a ring of any kind since he famously walked out of a WWE taping in January 2014. In December of that year Punk announced he had signed with the UFC and had planned his first fight for sometime the next year, but a shoulder injury delayed his debut. If indeed Punk enters the Octagon to fight Gall in June, it will have been 18 months since he signed with the UFC.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ne-at-ufc-199/
Unread 2016-02-10, 02:00 PM   #16
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

CM Punk Scheduled for Back Surgery; UFC Debut Delayed Again

(Photo: UFC)
Phil "CM Punk" Brooks' UFC is delayed yet again.
Just last month after his first opponent in the Octagon would be Mickey Gall, Punk told MMAFighting that he is scheduled to get back surgery. This is the second delay after a shoulder injury pushed things back in 2015.

Back in December, UFC President Dana White had announced he was looking for Punk's first opponent through his reality YouTube show, Dana White: Looking For A Fight. White had even promised that we would see Punk fight for sure in 2016, and he even featured Punk in the upcoming UFC 2 video game by EA.

His surgery is scheduled for Wednesday and told MMAFighting the alternatives that he tried doing before going down this route.

“It got bad enough to the point where I couldn’t do anything the week before I went to train with the New Jersey Devils last month. One day I could manage, the next day I couldn’t. I’ve been in agony for almost a month. Chiropractor, acupuncture, massage, cryotherapy … nothing worked.”

Punk is set to make a 4-6 week recovery, but it's uncertain at this point if CM Punk will ever have a UFC match under his belt.

So what do you think? Should Punk stay away from UFC or do you think he'll be healthy enough to take on their best fighters?

Unread 2016-02-10, 08:52 PM   #17
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Dude is made of glass

This is why I stopped following mma recently. I get so excited to see a fight and injuries always happen. Shit just recently Cain Velasquez pulled out of a fight I really wanted to see
Unread 2016-02-12, 07:20 AM   #18
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 127
Likes (Given): 157
Likes (Received): 742
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 25

There's always something good around the corner though. Just saw Johny Hendricks get his ass kicked karate style. You never know whats going to happen. Personally, I'm glad Cain pulled out. I didn't want to see another instant rematch. Let someone besides Cain fight for the belt for once. Dana wants that Mexican market so bad. I don't think he beats Werdum anyways and then what? I bet on him to lose the first time and I don't see him winning the second time either.
Unread 2016-02-12, 09:17 AM   #19
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
There's always something good around the corner though. Just saw Johny Hendricks get his ass kicked karate style. You never know whats going to happen. Personally, I'm glad Cain pulled out. I didn't want to see another instant rematch. Let someone besides Cain fight for the belt for once. Dana wants that Mexican market so bad. I don't think he beats Werdum anyways and then what? I bet on him to lose the first time and I don't see him winning the second time either.
I completely disagree with all immediate rematches. It's so fuckin stupid and it ties up the division for so long. Perfect example is the featherweight division. Aldo is prob gonna get an immediate rematch, but when? When Mcgregor decides to finally move back to 145? He needs to vacate the belt if he is moving weight classes

There is talks of Weidman getting a rematch with Rockhold...even though Rockhold destroyed him.
Unread 2016-02-12, 05:02 PM   #20
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 127
Likes (Given): 157
Likes (Received): 742
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 25

Conor says he'll defend both belts but with the recent pics of him, I don't see how he ever makes 145 again. He already looked like death before at the weigh ins, now he's put on another 10-15lbs.
Unread 2016-02-29, 08:37 PM   #21
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
Conor says he'll defend both belts but with the recent pics of him, I don't see how he ever makes 145 again. He already looked like death before at the weigh ins, now he's put on another 10-15lbs.
Especially if he wants to move to welterweight if he wins the 155 lb title. That ties up the 145 belt for way too long. If they are going to do that they should just have Frankie Edgar vs Jose Aldo for the vacant belt
Unread 2016-11-23, 11:43 AM   #22
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

UFC News: Former WWE Star CM Punk is looking for a UFC Return

CM Punk is back in the headlines recently for all the good news that he feels that he is ready to make a comeback into the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). CM Punk is a former WWE champion who is currently a wrestler in the Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). And the latest UFC news has revealed that this former WWE champion is looking forward to making a comeback into the UFC.
UFC news reveals that WWE star CM Punk is all set to make a comeback in UFC CM Punk has a rich history behind if we look back to all the achievements he has had over the years. He has been known popularly across the world for being the two-time WWE World Champion. His reign as the WWE World Champion spanned for 434 days. This extended stay has been recognised as the sixth longest spell of any wrestler in the history of WWE as a WWE World Champion. WWE World Championship is the title given to the winner of the WWE Smackdown champion.
And the recent UFC news has reported that CM Punk will be making a comeback into the fray in UFC. CM Punk previously made an appearance in the UFC 203 when he lost out poorly to his opponent. Not only that he lost that UFC 203 clash with Mickey Gall at the Quickens Loans Arena in Cleveland in a pretty poor manner. It was a humiliating defeat for CM Punk as he lost the encounter within 3 minutes. And the UFC news from different sources has revealed that there was a possibility of CM Punk losing out an opportunity of any further appearance in the UFC. But UFC President Dana White is yet to take any decision regarding his further participation in UFC. And this has given rise to UFC news which ahs revealed that this indecisiveness has actually provided CM Punk yet another opportunity to compete in UFC.
UFC news tells that CM Punk also sounded optimistic in his latest talks regarding his stay in this competition. He has been quoted saying to MMAFighting, “I don’t want to speak for him (White), but I think if he wants to kill it, he would have killed it right then. Until anything is official, I don’t want to say either way what he’s thinking or what he’s thinking. But yeah, I’m pretty confident that it will be in the UFC.” CM Punk, “I told him I want to fight again. We’re back at it. We’re back to the drawing board. So it’s up to him. He floated me an idea, and we’re kind of going back and forth on it right now.”
Further UFC news is yet to reveal further news regarding the future of CM Punk. Also, who is going to be the opponent of CM Punk when he makes his second appearance inside the ring is yet to be made sure. But one thing is for sure CM Punk is confident of staging a comeback into UFC. CM Punk was previously slated for his debut on the stage in UFC in 2015 but an injury delayed his presupposed debut in the UFC.