Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2020-03-25, 03:31 PM   #301
69Mach351

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 262
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 1798
Likes (Received): 1701
Dislikes (Given): 37
Dislikes (Received): 44

Well, I picked a fun time to check back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
You were not. You were commenting on the article you posted and asked me to correct the fake news. The fake news was that she took the drug that Trump mentioned during a news conference, when it was not.

Now I am correcting both of your posts.
For clarification, the drug that DT mentioned is something that he never should have done and EXTREMELY irresponsible.

Why? There is little to no evidence from a clinical standpoint, that taking it will do any good. Now, because people take what he says as gold, they have rushed to the doctors to get prescriptions for the medication. This medication has gone out of stock with numerous distributors, and is on back order.

So what is the big deal if it is used to treat malaria? We don't have a malaria problem in the US. The problem comes when it is also used to treat a lot of auto-immune disorders - which are not uncommon, and some life threatening. So people that don't really need the drug and are trying to take it in a preventative measure (still unproven), are literally taking the life saving supply from those that need to take it daily, to live.

After multiple states had pharmacists step up, question the use, refuse to fill, and make note that this was not an ethical use of the drug, boards in many states have started acknowledging that this was a poor use of the drug.
69Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-03-25, 05:24 PM   #302
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 179
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 471
Likes (Received): 663
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach351 View Post
Well, I picked a fun time to check back in.
For clarification, the drug that DT mentioned is something that he never should have done and EXTREMELY irresponsible.
Why? There is little to no evidence from a clinical standpoint, that taking it will do any good. Now, because people take what he says as gold, they have rushed to the doctors to get prescriptions for the medication. This medication has gone out of stock with numerous distributors, and is on back order.
So what is the big deal if it is used to treat malaria? We don't have a malaria problem in the US. The problem comes when it is also used to treat a lot of auto-immune disorders - which are not uncommon, and some life threatening. So people that don't really need the drug and are trying to take it in a preventative measure (still unproven), are literally taking the life saving supply from those that need to take it daily, to live.
After multiple states had pharmacists step up, question the use, refuse to fill, and make note that this was not an ethical use of the drug, boards in many states have started acknowledging that this was a poor use of the drug.
agreed. i've got a family member with lupus that now has to worry about supply for one of the drugs because the dipshit cheerleader in chief feels like he needs to give people hope every day, even if its completely made up and false at this point.

his incompetence and vague racism isn't just impacting brown people anymore, he's literally involved in helping cause American deaths at this point because he's too stupid to shut up and the media is still covering his news conferences like they aren't harmful to Republic. every station other than the state run media at OAN and Fox should just be showing Fauci and others and cut back in in the off chance he says something meaningful.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-03-25, 09:08 PM   #303
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 144
Likes (Given): 240
Likes (Received): 792
Dislikes (Received): 26

What kind of mentally challenged children think this is the man that should lead our country and thinks he exudes a character of strength needed to make our enemies think twice before they mess with us? If there was ever a time to hit us and hit us hard...
Unread 2020-03-26, 06:52 AM   #304
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1374
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakdna View Post
agreed. i've got a family member with lupus that now has to worry about supply for one of the drugs because the dipshit cheerleader in chief feels like he needs to give people hope every day, even if its completely made up and false at this point.
Better go tell Cuomo in NY, they are using it extensively there.

He seems to be following Trumps advice.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-03-26, 07:26 AM   #305
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach351 View Post
Its a fucking disgrace how much time local govts have had to waste just dealing with the bullshit coming from trump. We would actually be better off if his vocal chords were cut and his twitter was deactivated.
Unread 2020-03-26, 07:28 AM   #306
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

Show your work you fucking failure of an idiot. Or are you just going to be like trump and just shit bullshit out of your anus of a mouth and never back it up?
Unread 2020-03-26, 07:56 AM   #307
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 50
Thanks (Received): 711
Likes (Given): 365
Likes (Received): 4043
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

What's the number of deaths up to today, David?
Unread 2020-03-26, 08:32 AM   #308
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
Finally hit the 1K mark. Still a long way to go till the China virus is equal to the flu.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2020-03-26, 08:32 AM   #309
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Show your work you fucking failure of an idiot. Or are you just going to be like trump and just shit bullshit out of your anus of a mouth and never back it up?
It's all over the fake news, don't you even read anything?
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2020-03-26, 09:01 AM   #310
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 272
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 2013
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Quote:
I am showing it currently at 1,036, so almost zero as Lord Business predicted. Only 247 died yesterday. I am sure those numbers are fake news though.

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-03-26, 09:38 AM   #311
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Finally hit the 1K mark. Still a long way to go till the China virus is equal to the flu.
"FINALLY"?

It took 2 fucking days to nearly double from 500 to 1000. You're one stupid son of a bitch, you know that? I'm past sugar coating this as your fucking ignorance is the shit that gets people killed. It's not acceptable any longer.
Unread 2020-03-26, 09:46 AM   #312
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
"FINALLY"?

It took 2 fucking days to nearly double from 500 to 1000. You're one stupid son of a bitch, you know that? I'm past sugar coating this as your fucking ignorance is the shit that gets people killed. It's not acceptable any longer.
That is why every response just always include that he is nothing more than a failed, shitty mechanic. That way nobody falls into a trap of thinking his opinion should have even a shred of merit.

As far as the numbers, like I was saying on Friday, ignore the trend line for the next 2 weeks. The numbers were always going to be this bad, they have always been this bad and we just couldnt prove it without tests.
Unread 2020-03-26, 10:13 AM   #313
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 179
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 471
Likes (Received): 663
Dislikes (Received): 36

Quote:

no they aren't. they didn't buy the drugs off the market, they got the drugs from the FDA.
and he didn't cheerlead about them, he simply said that they were optimistic because there are markers that say it may be effective but that they don't know enough about it yet.

its at the 17:30 mark of his press conference:
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/ami...engineers-four
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlZeKTlpcqU
Quote:
I've spoken with a number of health officials and there is a good basis to believe that they could work," Cuomo said in a press conference on Sunday. "Some health officials point to Africa, which has a very low infection rate and there's a theory that because they're taking these anti-malaria drugs in Africa, it may actually be one of the reasons why the infection rate is low in Africa. We don't know, but let's find out and let's find out quickly.
like literally everything else about this crisis, Cuomo acted like a true leader should, Trump acted like a narcissistic ass worried that people are going to figure out he's a moron who doesn't know what he's doing.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln

Last edited by phreakdna; 2020-03-26 at 10:15 AM..
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-03-26, 10:17 AM   #314
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
"FINALLY"?

Oh get of your high horse. The only reason you care about these numbers is that it fits your political agenda, anything to empower the government over the people and to get rid of Trump.

Do you realize how many reasons a 1K people die every few months. Do you really care that 30K people die from the common flu.

Do you care how many children die from abortions.

The people who are dying from this China virus you don't care about, you only use them as a political agenda just like the rest of the left.

That is what is despicable about the left.

And yes finally, it took a few months to reach that number not like the news media was cheering. I doubt the China virus will breach 10K this year and be much less of a problem than the common flu.

If the number is great you will be the first one cheering the high death toll and using it to beat on Trump.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2020-03-26, 10:19 AM   #315
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakdna View Post

like literally everything else about this crisis, Cuomo acted like a true leader should, Trump acted like a narcissistic ass worried that people are going to figure out he's a moron who doesn't know what he's doing.
No, Cuomo just parroted the administration information that has been out for over a month.

FYI, Cuomo will be knocking Biden out of the race and take over the nom from President.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2020-03-26, 10:24 AM   #316
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Oh get of your high horse. The only reason you care about these numbers is that it fits your political agenda, anything to empower the government over the people and to get rid of Trump.

Do you realize how many reasons a 1K people die every few months. Do you really care that 30K people die from the common flu.

The people who are dying from this China virus you don't care about, you only use them as a political agenda just like the rest of the left.

And yes finally, it took a few months to reach that number not like the news media was cheering. I doubt the China virus will breach 10K this year and be much less of a problem than the common flu.

If the number is great you will be the first one cheering the high death toll and using it to beat on Trump.
No, you piece of shit. It fits my PERSONAL agenda. I just got done telling you about how my wife had a seizure and we had to go to the ER and I worry about that scenario for ourselves and everyone else who has a risk for themselves or a loved one that might have their care in jeopardy because the healthcare system is overloaded.

You don't fucking get it. THE RISK ISN'T JUST TO PEOPLE WHO ARE SICK AND DYING. IT'S TO EVERYONE WHO MIGHT NEED CRITICAL CARE IN ANY CAPACITY. THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS ABOUT TO BE COMPLETELY OVERLOADED.

Try looking past your own fucking nose for a change.

I've been saying since the beginning of this Crisis that I'm trying very hard to not be critical of Trump or anyone else, politically. THIS IS MORE THAN POLITICS.

Last edited by Scooby24; 2020-03-26 at 10:30 AM..
Scooby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-03-26, 10:26 AM   #317
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

First of all love that you're calling it the China Virus. It's not called that in any official capacity. But I understand why you are calling that so we won't get into it.

You doubt that CV19 won't kill more than 10K domestically. I am curious, what is that based on? For what it's worth, I really hope you are right.

Unread 2020-03-26, 10:36 AM   #318
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember, you're arguing with someone who failed at a business where everyone else did their own work. He is a moron and the more ignorant you are the more likely you fall victim to the Dunning–Kruger effect.

No doubt he is dumb as fuck, so the cognitive bias superpowers are strong in him.
Unread 2020-03-26, 10:41 AM   #319
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Just remember, you're arguing with someone who failed at a business where everyone else did their own work. He is a moron and the more ignorant you are the more likely you fall victim to the Dunning–Kruger effect.

No doubt he is dumb as fuck, so the cognitive bias superpowers are strong in him.
What drives me nuts is I know David. He's helped me out numerous times in so many binds so I know he's capable of care for others. He's met my wife. It's so fucking frustrating that he can be God damned disconnected from reality and assume everything fits into the little box of a world he's made for himself and be so seemingly devoid of empathy and understanding for something that poses a very real and very serious threat to people. Usually when something hits someone you know personally it tends to become real. Evidently not the case here.
Unread 2020-03-26, 11:02 AM   #320
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
What drives me nuts is I know David. He's helped me out numerous times in so many binds so I know he's capable of care for others. He's met my wife. It's so fucking frustrating that he can be God damned disconnected from reality and assume everything fits into the little box of a world he's made for himself and be so seemingly devoid of empathy and understanding for something that poses a very real and very serious threat to people. Usually when something hits someone you know personally it tends to become real. Evidently not the case here.
That's because you're liberal scum and you aren't human to him.

Unread 2020-03-26, 11:04 AM   #321
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Well, just wait. Its going to come for the stupid soon.

We get daily reports from our facilities and we are seeing a trend: Our urban hospitals are showing signs of containment while our rural hospitals are showing worse RAW numbers (not even talking per-capita, so even more of a disparity). This is the case now that we are finally able to test.

My theory is its the trump effect. He has spent almost all of the time calling this overblown, a hoax, Chinese, whatever (save for that one time he lied and said he had been calling it a pandemic all along). As a result the stupidest of our population has internalized that and are not taking this seriously.

Additionally most of these people are poor. Its why they latch on to trump so hard, he tells them otherwise and its the "other" who are poor losers. So they suffer economically under the GOPs policies but the GOP and trump have done a great job of convincing them its the "other" who is a drain on the system, despite rural whites being the largest beneficiaries of govt handouts and the greatest suffering due to capitalism (as markets of every kind move to urban centers).
Unread 2020-03-26, 11:13 AM   #322
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

Here is something you really need to understand, NORMAL PEOPLE DO NOT THINK LIKE THIS AT ALL. The fact that you're so sure that anyone against Trump is hoping people die simply because they hate this man so much is incredibly revealing because that means you are undoubtedly projecting, as usual. What kind of deranged person would even think others would think like this? That thought would have never even crossed my mind that someone would really hope for others to die to oust a president they don't like,

NO ONE IS CHEERING A HIGH DEATH COUNT. We actually care more about others lives than we do about bullshit politics. Most psychologically healthy people do. The fact that you think the number of deaths is no big deal because it hasn't reached some arbitrary number just shows you have no empathy or understanding of others experiences and lives. 1 death that could have been prevented is 1 too many. I'm sure if it was your wife or your mother you'd care, right? Or would you accuse them of being leftist plants who just got sick because they hate Trump so much they're willing to kill themselves to ruin his presidency?

Holy shit man, I knew the arguments defending Trump by his supporters would eventually get off the wall insane but this is revealing some serious deep rooted psychological issues that are at their core, psychopathic and sadistic. This is disturbing.
Unread 2020-03-26, 11:21 AM   #323
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I do care about people and that's why I defend what Trump is doing, he is managing the health of the people along with the health of the economy. Notice how the Dems were using the emergency funding to pill on all their liberal agenda holding back the financial help t the people.

What is causing the panic of people running to the hospital is the fake news media. There are so many people running to the hospital that don't need to.

The drug that Trump mentioned could be made available to be prescribed by local urgent cares then most people wouldn't need to go to the hospital.

I'm not hoping anyone gets sick or dies, I am just pointing out how the news media is causing a panic just so the liberal left can grab power and yes, to sink Trumps presidency.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2020-03-26, 11:23 AM   #324
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
That thought would have never even crossed my mind that someone would really hope for others to die to oust a president they don't like,
That thought is everywhere in the liberal left.

So, if the count doesn't reach 10K will you compliment Trump on doing a good job at managing this crisis?
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2020-03-26, 11:35 AM   #325
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Unemployment claims surge to 3.3 million as coronavirus devastates economy

More than 3 million Americans applied for unemployment benefits last week as a devastating wave of layoffs and business closures due to the coronavirus pandemic intensifies, according to data released by the Labor Department on Thursday.

Weekly claims for unemployment insurance rose to 3,283,000 between March 15 and 22, spiking from the 281,000 applications for jobless benefits filed between March 8 and 14.

The staggering rise in jobless claims comes as businesses across the U.S. shutter in a desperate bid to slow the progress of the coronavirus pandemic. Restaurants, bars, retailers, entertainment venues and nonessential businesses across the country have been closed for at least weeks, forcing millions of Americans employed in those industries into joblessness as the coronavirus spreads.

There are more than 69,000 confirmed U.S. cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, resulting in at least 1,000 deaths, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University as of Thursday morning.

The pandemic has derailed a U.S. economy that enjoyed 50-year lows in joblessness and record highs in the stock market just eight weeks ago. Economists fear that unemployment could rise toward levels last seen during the Great Depression and warned of a downturn that could far exceed the 2007-08 recession.

The flood of jobless claims has overwhelmed state unemployment application systems across the U.S. and threatened to crush municipal budgets facing stark revenue shortfalls. The one-week rise in jobless claims shattered the record of 695,000 applications set in October 1982, according to Andrew Stettner, senior fellow at The Century Foundation, a left-leaning think tank.

"This morning’s jobless claims confirm that the United States is in the thralls of a catastrophic unemployment crisis, the likes of which we haven’t seen since the Great Depression," Stettner said in a statement.

"This represents the single worst one-day piece of labor market news in America’s history."

President Trump and Congress are hoping to staunch the loss of jobs due to the pandemic with a $2 trillion economic rescue bill passed by the Senate early Thursday morning. The bill includes more than $377 billion in aid to small businesses, including loans that would be forgiven if used to cover payroll and rent during the pandemic. The measure also includes a four-month expansion of unemployment benefits that also covers workers furloughed because of the coronavirus.

The House is expected to pass the measure Friday, though it may takes weeks or even months for the aid to be distributed.

The Federal Reserve is also taking unprecedented steps to keep credit flowing through the economy to households and businesses by extending billions of dollars worth of loans in exchange for Treasury bonds, mortgage-backed securities, corporate and commercial debt as collateral. The Fed is also purchasing more than $700 billion in Treasury notes and mortgage-backed securities to stimulus the economy and pump liquidity into the financial system amid a rush for cash.
I don't say this with any joy but I hope people can now understand my behavior the past couple years at least somewhat. While I never one time saw this arising due to a pandemic, I knew a systemic and economic collapse and lockdown of the country was coming. I obviously didn't handle this knowledge very well but just so you all know, this is just the beginning. Whats going to be tested is our ability to come to together and treat each other like human beings again and help each other. We won't be able to rely on the government and we're going to need to rely on the people around us. Which is the way our biology is wired to work so we actually build bonds and care about those around us instead of just seeing them as faces who are trying to take what we have. Time to realize that our way of life is artificial, meaningless bullshit and we need to reconnect to what makes us human and gives us real purpose and meaning in life.