Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2017-08-13, 11:18 AM   #1
shaun y
Mr 49er

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 164
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 3421
Likes (Received): 1009
Dislikes (Given): 187
Dislikes (Received): 144
Default Another terrorist attack in our own country

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/13/us/cha...ash/index.html

Quote:
Counterprotesters met white nationalists and other right-wing groups at the site of Saturday's "Unite the Right" event hours before the rally was set to start.
Clashes broke out and police began to disperse crowds.
Local officials declared the rally an "unlawful assembly" and Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe declared a state of emergency.
About two hours later, a gray Dodge Challenger rammed into a crowd of counterprotesters walking down a street in downtown Charlottesville.
The driver slammed the car in reverse at high speed and left the site of the crash. He was arrested later that afternoon.
Of course it would be too much for Trump to condemn the white supremacist groups, instead saying that "we all need to do better." Obviously not surprising since the white supremacist/neo nazis/alt right all fit his narrative. Still disappointing though since he is always quick to single out Mexicans, muslims, AAs, etc.
Unread 2017-08-13, 12:41 PM   #2
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 467
Likes (Given): 49
Likes (Received): 3994
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 124

Well looky here.

A left wing nut job trying to politicize a tragic event.

Go figure.
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-13, 12:47 PM   #3
Ryan H.

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 85
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 178
Likes (Received): 231
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 11

He condemns hatred, bigotry and violence on both sides and it isn't enough? LOL
Ryan H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-13, 12:56 PM   #4
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 194
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 1341
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 25

^^ Only one side needs to be condemned, the other are politically protected class.

The media is learning, they usually post it a white supremacist early in the story without waiting, they usually get it wrong. They waited until they found out the guy was whiter this time.

If this was a BLM rally they would have talked about the civil march and the violent protesters to the march, but since it was white people marching, they are the violent marchers and the civil protesters tot he march.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-13, 04:00 PM   #5
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan H. View Post
In this instance he should specifically call out the group that is doing it. These arent just rando tea partiers.

Or are you saying these are your people?
Unread 2017-08-13, 07:33 PM   #6
ForcFed93

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 96
Likes (Given): 334
Likes (Received): 673
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 29

Quote:
Bikers get shot up by muslims during a biker rally when things get heated and Obama says all sides need to do better. What do you do?

Oh wait, you'd call him a racist prick for not condemning the actions of the muslims.
ForcFed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-13, 07:46 PM   #7
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 940
Thanks (Received): 340
Likes (Given): 6492
Likes (Received): 2774
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post
Bikers get shot up by muslims during a biker rally when things get heated and Obama says all sides need to do better. What do you do?

Oh wait, you'd call him a racist prick for not condemning the actions of the muslims.
I don't see what Barry has to do with this?
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-13, 07:58 PM   #8
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post

Which rally was this? Which rally were bikers "shot up" by Muslims?
Unread 2017-08-13, 08:08 PM   #9
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 1007
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 64

You know Ryan, that one time a few years ago at that one place in the US.
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-13, 08:13 PM   #10
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 1007
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 64

Quote:
Are you really this oblivious to the serious problems with Trump's statement?
Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-13, 08:24 PM   #11
ForcFed93

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 96
Likes (Given): 334
Likes (Received): 673
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Which rally was this? Which rally were bikers "shot up" by Muslims?
Hypothetical.
ForcFed93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-13, 08:31 PM   #12
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 50
Thanks (Received): 697
Likes (Given): 361
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

Classic victim blaming and false equivalency.
Unread 2017-08-13, 11:03 PM   #13
LTe

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 105
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 829
Likes (Received): 296
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 10

BOTH...........DID I SAY BOTH????? YES I SAID BOTH. BOTH sides are to blame. Extreme far right vs Extreme far left. No person I know would be there and that includes both republican and democrats.

Permits aside, Crazy right group goes to stand around a statue. The left group outnumber's the crazy right group literally by hundred if not thousands.

Mob mentality tends to make people do stupid things and it just makes things worse. While i think what the unite the right people are doing by holding hands out like nazi's or whatever it may be is stupid and dumb. They were there to show support for the statue. The far left "counter-protestors" came and instigated things. They both instigated but if the far left never showed up, nothing would have happened and the unite the right people wouldn't have made more than a 1 night news story on cnn. I will say its hypocritical of the media to blame all of this on the far right unite the right group. The far left counter protestors are just as much to blame.

As far as the guy driving his car into people, well thats just fucked no matter how you put it. I bet he has a history of mental illness. For shit sake he lived with his mom until recently and he is a grown man. No regular person is going to drive their vehicle into a group of people unless they are fucked in the head. Im sure we can all agree that he should be bubba's bitch while in prison but I'm sure they will keep him locked in confinement.

I can agree with the unite the right group wanting to preserve history and saving the statue. I don't agree with all the revisionist politically correct crap going on right now. However i do agree with the counter protestors that the unite the right group was showing plenty of actual hate for others. I may not care or like a lot of people or groups on this planet, but i don't hate anyone. Hate is very strong and it causes stress. Stress leads to heart problems and other issues and life is just too damn short to be stressed out 24/7.

P.S. Also why are people giving trump shit over this? He said that he condemns it. I mean what else do all you people want from him? Fly down there to every protest in the USA and tell everyone "Shame on you"??? I mean shit give the guy a break. Obama didn't go to every event, protest, gathering, trump bashing or people violently beating up trump voters around the elections......so what the fuck gives about trump? You all just hate him because he is a republican. Oh wait, thats right....its not cool or the in thing to be a republican these days....let alone a white male. Thats a triple whammy if your white, male and republican. We all know he has a loud mouth, so what. He says stupid shit at times.....so what. However he publicly states he condemns the shit and you all still want blood while seething at the teeth. Im honestly tired of all the trump bashing. If you hate him that much then vote him out. Nothing will change until the november 2020 elections.

Whats sad is.....all this shit going on.....its going to get worse. Nothing ever gets better. Also the next president will also have to deal with shit too. Its always going to get worse.

Last edited by LTe; 2017-08-14 at 12:15 AM..
LTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-14, 05:11 AM   #14
Ryan H.

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 85
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 178
Likes (Received): 231
Dislikes (Given): 67
Dislikes (Received): 11

Quote:
In this instance he should specifically call out the group that is doing it. These arent just rando tea partiers.

Or are you saying these are your people?
Do not even attempt to pretend that the antifa's don't instigate violence.

And Dave B., I personally don't see an issue with his initial statement. Both sides are committing violence. BOTH. You can't seriously condemn one but not the other regardless of your political affiliation. I mean, holy shit dude, you are seriously ok with one side of the political spectrum injuring, assaulting, beating, whatever you want to call it, other Americans b/c they don't have the same opinion? Please answer this without moving any goalposts. Simple yes or no.

Last edited by Ryan H.; 2017-08-14 at 05:13 AM..
Ryan H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-14, 06:35 AM   #15
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 940
Thanks (Received): 340
Likes (Given): 6492
Likes (Received): 2774
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 137

Quote:

And Dave B., I personally don't see an issue with his initial statement. Both sides are committing violence. BOTH. You can't seriously condemn one but not the other regardless of your political affiliation. I mean, holy shit dude, you are seriously ok with one side of the political spectrum injuring, assaulting, beating, whatever you want to call it, other Americans b/c they don't have the same opinion? Please answer this without moving any goalposts. Simple yes or no.
"Life's not yes or no, bro. Only simpletons or Trump supporters think of it this way."

--Dave B/shaun y/phreak
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-14, 06:43 AM   #16
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Show me pictures of antifa people with clubs, riot shields, guns, etc. Show me where an antifa supporter tried to literally murder a dozen people with their car. Show me a group of them beating a lone Klan member in a parking garage.

Also, show me this hypothetical situation where bikers are being shot up by Muslims.

You all seem to be clinging to a bunch of fantasy to excuse your Neo-Nazi and Klan brethren as to say, "Well everyone does it!" But not everyone is doing it. In this situation its pretty clear, its the Neo-Nazis and Klan members doing it.

Hey, I get it. Those are your people. Your side. If you want to support Nazis and the Klan (and its hard to argue who is who when they are literally wearing arm bands with their logos on them) then its up to you. But own it, dont try and sugar coat it.
Unread 2017-08-14, 07:25 AM   #17
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

It was a peaceful march until the violent let showed up.

Not something the news media will report on though, nor will they report on the 8 years of division created by our previous administration.

It's good we have someone who recognizes what is actually going on and condemning the violence on both sides instead of supporting the violence from one side.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2017-08-14, 07:33 AM   #18
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Show me pictures of antifa people with clubs, riot shields, guns, etc.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CfVrntJ_Vg

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54MetzvFJHE

You seem to be clinging to a bunch of fantasy to excuse your alt-left and Antifa brethren as to say, "Well we don't do it" But they are doing it. In this situation its pretty clear, its the alt-left and Antifa members doing it.

Hey, I get it. Those are your people. Your side. If you want to support Antifa and alt-left (and its hard to argue who is who when they are literally wearing arm bands with their logos on them) then its up to you. But own it, dont try and sugar coat it.
Unread 2017-08-14, 07:39 AM   #19
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 261
Likes (Given): 2195
Likes (Received): 1605
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

So for how long did people hound Obama for not saying "radical Islam" yet Trump can't call these KKK members what they are. Sure sucks when the shoe is on the other foot.
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-14, 07:50 AM   #20
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

^^^ There is a bit of a difference between radical Islam and the KKK, but I'm sure you don't see it.

A good comparison would the BLM and the KKK.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2017-08-14, 08:05 AM   #21
icemangsr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 74
Thanks (Received): 68
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 425
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 10

The fact that you can't call this what it CLEARLY is, is appalling. I don't give a damn if you are left/right, white/black, lib/con, obama/trump, or a purple martian from the 5th nebula past neverland.

This.

Is.

Wrong.

And you know it.

End of discussion. To even try to argue in defense of a bunch of racists, hiding behind their right to a "peaceful" protest under the law, while inciting violence and hate, simply in an attempt to defend their actions, is reprehensible. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

icemangsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-14, 08:06 AM   #22
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 261
Likes (Given): 2195
Likes (Received): 1605
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
^^^ There is a bit of a difference between radical Islam and the KKK, but I'm sure you don't see it.

A good comparison would the BLM and the KKK.
is there really?

Extreme religious ideals
Hatred for anyone not like them
Want others to follow and live by their beliefs
Now committing the same type of attacks seen in London
Lets not forget about all of the terrible history the KKK has done, burning churches, houses, hangings

Sounds a lot like a USA ISIS to me.
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-14, 08:16 AM   #23
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 254
Likes (Given): 2537
Likes (Received): 1703
Dislikes (Received): 47

Trump found base in the alt-right, and because his base has shrunk so much he cannot deride the radicals that are part of that community. This is why Trump won't actually call a spade a spade. It is why he won't take action. It's is why it's important to note that his statement was overly general (especially after criticizing Obama SO FUCKING HARD for not actually calling it Islamic extremist terrorism). It is why this is such a dangerous situation; a precedent has been set this weekend. The executive branch won't intervene in violent hate speech or fascist uprising, but will simply turn the other cheek. Trump emboldens them. Supporting Trump is inherently, albeit indirectly, supporting neo-Nazis. That isn't hyperbole anymore. That is a very fucking real situation that we find ourselves in.
Unread 2017-08-14, 08:22 AM   #24
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are a hoot.

It's sooo funny now that the shoe is on the other foot.

The right last year- "Obama is a Muslim and supports terrorists"

The left this year- "Trump is a white supremist and supports nazis"

So humorous.
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-08-14, 08:24 AM   #25
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 254
Likes (Given): 2537
Likes (Received): 1703
Dislikes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTe View Post
Mob mentality tends to make people do stupid things and it just makes things worse. While i think what the unite the right people are doing by holding hands out like nazi's or whatever it may be is stupid and dumb. They were there to show support for the statue. The far left "counter-protestors" came and instigated things. They both instigated but if the far left never showed up, nothing would have happened and the unite the right people wouldn't have made more than a 1 night news story on cnn. I will say its hypocritical of the media to blame all of this on the far right unite the right group. The far left counter protestors are just as much to blame.
They were holding their hands out like Nazi's BECAUSE THEY ARE FUCKING NEO-NAZI'S! They were chanting Nazi slogans and holding Swastika flags.

This was a fucking neo-Nazi rally. Don't paint it any other way. The premise of the protest was to support the statue, but that wasn't the purpose. The purpose was white nationalism.
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote