Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2017-09-26, 11:00 AM   #1
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 158
Thanks (Received): 115
Likes (Given): 393
Likes (Received): 632
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36
Default Remember When it was End of the Republic-Level Stuff to Use Private Email?

Jared: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...e-house-243071
Quote:
Presidential son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has corresponded with other administration officials about White House matters through a private email account set up during the transition last December, part of a larger pattern of Trump administration aides using personal email accounts for government business.

Kushner uses his private account alongside his official White House email account, sometimes trading emails with senior White House officials, outside advisers and others about media coverage, event planning and other subjects, according to four people familiar with the correspondence. POLITICO has seen and verified about two dozen emails.
Ivanka: http://www.newsweek.com/ivanka-trump..._medium=Social
Quote:
Ivanka Trump, the first daughter and adviser to the president, used a personal email address to communicate with a government official after her father took office, according to documents that the nonprofit American Oversight obtained through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and shared exclusively with Newsweek.
actually kind of innocuous but given the fervor this Admin put up about it when it was 'the other side', its still pretty ballsy.

Steven Bannon, Reince Preibus, Gary Cohn, & Stephen Miller: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/u...=Homepage&_r=0
Quote:
At least six of President Trump’s closest advisers occasionally used private email addresses to discuss White House matters, current and former officials said on Monday.

The disclosures came a day after news surfaced that Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and adviser, used a private email account to send or receive about 100 work-related emails during the administration’s first seven months. But Mr. Kushner was not alone. Stephen K. Bannon, the former chief White House strategist, and Reince Priebus, the former chief of staff, also occasionally used private email addresses. Other advisers, including Gary D. Cohn and Stephen Miller, sent or received at least a few emails on personal accounts, officials said.
at least what is public, none of it seems exceptionally fucked up other than the fact that they were breaking recordskeeping laws, the bigger issue for me is the hypocrisy. I get it, I should just expect bullshit from this administration but the irony of doing this after droning on about it for 16 months is pretty staggering.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-09-26, 01:38 PM   #2
77Nova

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 16
Likes (Given): 20
Likes (Received): 83
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

I'm not up to date on this story, but what laws did they break? Recordskeeping? Was there classified information in these emails?
77Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-09-26, 03:13 PM   #3
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Nova View Post
I'm not up to date on this story, but what laws did they break? Recordskeeping? Was there classified information in these emails?
https://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/faqs/federal.html
basically, by using private emails that may not touch federal servers, they would be violating the requirement of records of 'the peoples business' being kept. it was one of the biggest issues with Clinton's use as well - which is kind of the point of the thread given how much they crowed about that during the campaign.

no one has seen classified documents but these are just random emails that have either been leaked/found/were obtained via FOIA requests so no one really knows. the point isn't that anyone seems to allege there were classified documents being sent but rather the hypocrisy of running that as a central theme to your campaign and then doing the same thing within weeks of being elected.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
Unread 2017-09-26, 10:55 PM   #4
Corners

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 111
Thanks (Received): 186
Likes (Given): 533
Likes (Received): 1138

If they made a mistake, they should fix it. But come back when you find anyone trading top secret information or smashing their smartphones after a court order is issued to turn them over. We’re talking about the difference between a parking ticket and vehicular manslaughter here.
"We must love each other, show affection for each other and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans" - President Trump
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes LTe liked this post
Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-09-27, 10:12 AM   #5
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corners View Post
If they made a mistake, they should fix it. But come back when you find anyone trading top secret information or smashing their smartphones after a court order is issued to turn them over. We’re talking about the difference between a parking ticket and vehicular manslaughter here.
you really don't seem to have a good grasp on what actually happens in the real world, do you?
I mean, I understand given your typical "news" sources but I would just think that should bother you... but hey, as the old saying goes; racially-tinged and purposeful ignorance is bliss right?

smashing their smartphones after a court order?
they were destroyed after use, as they are expected to have been as outdated phones. and, as actual security experts can explain, if anything they should've been destroyed even further

"top secret" emails?
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-secret-218420
Quote:
The furor over Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email account grew more serious for the Democratic presidential front-runner Friday as the State Department designated 22 of the messages from her account “top secret.”
and yet
Quote:
“These documents were not marked classified at the time they were sent,” Kirby said in a statement.
so yes, our security apparatus overreach is on full display but at the time they were sent, none were marked that way. the perfect example of which was the identified example where it was literally a NYT article that contained information flagged as confidential... it was an article printed in the NYT and yet that's one of the shining examples of this information that she is so wrong to have sent via email. but hey, you stay in your safe information space so you can feel all warm and cozy... don't let facts get in the way of a good irrational argument.
Unread 2017-09-27, 02:08 PM   #6
Corners

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 111
Thanks (Received): 186
Likes (Given): 533
Likes (Received): 1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakdna View Post
you really don't seem to have a good grasp on what actually happens in the real world, do you?
I mean, I understand given your typical "news" sources but I would just think that should bother you... but hey, as the old saying goes; racially-tinged and purposeful ignorance is bliss right?

smashing their smartphones after a court order?
they were destroyed after use, as they are expected to have been as outdated phones. and, as actual security experts can explain, if anything they should've been destroyed even further

"top secret" emails?
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-secret-218420

and yet

so yes, our security apparatus overreach is on full display but at the time they were sent, none were marked that way. the perfect example of which was the identified example where it was literally a NYT article that contained information flagged as confidential... it was an article printed in the NYT and yet that's one of the shining examples of this information that she is so wrong to have sent via email. but hey, you stay in your safe information space so you can feel all warm and cozy... don't let facts get in the way of a good irrational argument.
Just another example of how extremists choose willful ignorance. Given your choice of "news" sites, this is not a surprise. I just thought you were smart enough to see the difference.
"We must love each other, show affection for each other and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans" - President Trump
Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-09-27, 02:50 PM   #7
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Just another example of how extremists choose willful ignorance. Given your choice of "news" sites, this is not a surprise. I just thought you were smart enough to see the difference.
WND > CNN, Politico and Wired ?

try to deflect a legitimate criticism of your position/actions by simply reversing it and pretending like the other person is the one with that problem regardless of the validity or accuracy? you really have found your politician haven't you...
Unread 2017-09-27, 03:20 PM   #8
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 25
Thanks (Received): 194
Likes (Given): 71
Likes (Received): 1335
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
I just thought you were smart enough to see the difference.
He is, he is just so in bed with the liberal religion it can't see the difference.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote