Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Bureau of Alcohol and Tobacco

Unread 2015-10-15, 02:34 PM   #1
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Default Anheuser-Busch is launching their own hard root beer

Update: Just as soon as this post went live, pictures showed up of Best Damn Root Beer out in the wild. Anheuser-Busch/Best Damn Brewing will be rolling out Best Damn Root Beer. Nationally by December.
Back in July, Anheuser-Busch purchased the BestDamn.com, and shortly after, Best Damn Apple Ale became the landing page.
At the time, it looked like A-B was looking for a new way to compete with the MillerCoors product – Redd’s Apple Ale. (That they will own soon.)
Now there’s this – Best Damn Root Beer . Pabst’s Small Town Brewery’s Not Your Father’s Root Beer is making millions, and it looks like that has caught Anheuser’s attention.
Best Damn Root Beer is a new label registered to Best Damn Beer Co., via Anheuser-Busch, Saint Louis, Missouri. The root beer’s tagline – Ale aged on vanilla beans, 5.5% ABV.
Best Damn Root Beer is available in 12 ounce cans, and draft, thanks to these pictures from a Beer Street Journal reader.
Developing…

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-10-15, 05:58 PM   #2
snm95ls

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 394
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3562
Likes (Received): 2052
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56

Here's an idea for A-B, innovate instead of imitate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-10-15, 06:12 PM   #3
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 910
Thanks (Received): 330
Likes (Given): 6276
Likes (Received): 2704
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 129

hopefully it's cheaper and not quite as sweet
mild83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-10-15, 06:49 PM   #4
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 689
Likes (Given): 339
Likes (Received): 3951
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

They are trying really hard to hide any A-B affiliation. Classy.
Unread 2015-10-15, 07:20 PM   #5
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing happened when Blue Moon was introduced as a new "craft beer"

Unread 2015-10-15, 09:34 PM   #6
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 150
Thanks (Received): 112
Likes (Given): 363
Likes (Received): 619
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
They are trying really hard to hide any A-B affiliation. Classy.
just like Pabst did with Not Your Father's...

plus if they are successful they might get a better shot at beer snobs actually giving it a fair shake.
Hamilton on requiring Congressional supermajorities "...its real operation is to embarrass the administration, to destroy the energy of government, and to substitute the pleasure, caprice, or artifices of an insignificant, turbulent or corrupt junto, to the regular deliberations and decisions of a respectable majority." - Federalist No. 22
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-10-15, 09:36 PM   #7
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakdna View Post
just like Pabst did with Not Your Father's...

plus if they are successful they might get a better shot at beer snobs actually giving it a fair shake.
Their relationship was different, Not your father's was created and Pabst decided to do the larger distro. on it not "created' for the sole purpose or entering a market like AB likes to do

Unread 2015-10-16, 10:08 AM   #8
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
Their relationship was different, Not your father's was created and Pabst decided to do the larger distro. on it not "created' for the sole purpose or entering a market like AB likes to do
totally... that guy was totally just homebrewing and stumbled upon a very complex recipe where he took the insane amount of grain required to get that much alcohol into a beer without adding other spirits... and the fact that the founder of the brewery/inventor of the recipe can't seem to explain relatively simple questions about how he got that much alcohol out of his equipment that simply wouldn't have been able to handle the amount of grain or how he's able to make one of the sweetest "beers" to ever hit shelves without adding any sugar (apparently it comes from the grain and the spices if you believe him).

I am actually one of the people that likes it and doesn't mind the sweetness for more than two or three but none of the story makes sense. the fact that they worked so hard to hide the relationship with Phusion (Four Loko) who has quite a bit of experience with similar near-beer products is also tough to explain and is fairly reminiscent of the A-B association except more deceptive. the Pabst production/distribution relationship is also there.

I do like the nyf's but pretending its much different than the Best Damn Brewery seems pretty naive.
Hamilton on requiring Congressional supermajorities "...its real operation is to embarrass the administration, to destroy the energy of government, and to substitute the pleasure, caprice, or artifices of an insignificant, turbulent or corrupt junto, to the regular deliberations and decisions of a respectable majority." - Federalist No. 22
Unread 2015-10-16, 12:58 PM   #9
tim_ws6

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 61
Likes (Given): 183
Likes (Received): 476
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
Here's an idea for A-B, innovate instead of imitate.
But what about Oculto?

2002 CETA | 2012 Sierra Denali
tim_ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-10-16, 01:00 PM   #10
tim_ws6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
totally... that guy was totally just homebrewing and stumbled upon a very complex recipe where he took the insane amount of grain required to get that much alcohol into a beer without adding other spirits... and the fact that the founder of the brewery/inventor of the recipe can't seem to explain relatively simple questions about how he got that much alcohol out of his equipment that simply wouldn't have been able to handle the amount of grain or how he's able to make one of the sweetest "beers" to ever hit shelves without adding any sugar (apparently it comes from the grain and the spices if you believe him).

I am actually one of the people that likes it and doesn't mind the sweetness for more than two or three but none of the story makes sense. the fact that they worked so hard to hide the relationship with Phusion (Four Loko) who has quite a bit of experience with similar near-beer products is also tough to explain and is fairly reminiscent of the A-B association except more deceptive. the Pabst production/distribution relationship is also there.

I do like the nyf's but pretending its much different than the Best Damn Brewery seems pretty naive.
I agree, the NYF's is pretty decent (best out of the hard root beers available around here). But the story behind it keeps me from buying any more. I'd almost rather drink actual root beer and drop in a shot of root beer vodka or something.

Unread 2015-10-16, 01:30 PM   #11
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 910
Thanks (Received): 330
Likes (Given): 6276
Likes (Received): 2704
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_ws6 View Post
I agree, the NYF's is pretty decent (best out of the hard root beers available around here). But the story behind it keeps me from buying any more. I'd almost rather drink actual root beer and drop in a shot of root beer vodka or something.
Sailor Jerry and Diet Root Beer.

Thank me later.
mild83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-10-16, 01:40 PM   #12
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_ws6 View Post
I didn't think it was fishy or anything.. Better than the back story to blue moon

Unread 2015-10-16, 02:56 PM   #13
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
I didn't think it was fishy or anything..
there is almost nothing about Kovac's story that makes any kind of sense. his utter lack of ability to explain anything about his product in a coherent fashion isn't suspect at all to you? the fact that he insists its a real beer and not a "malternative" or "f.a.b." product with no added sugar doesn't trigger alarm bells for you?

unlike Tim, I don't have the moral fiber to care that he's lying through his teeth about it and still buy/consume it, but I refuse to pretend like it makes any sense whatsoever because it doesn't.

it tastes good to me (though I like coney island better) so I drink it, closing my eyes to the reality behind it isn't something I'm all that interested in.

if a division of A-B makes a better product, I'll drink it. the idea that I should shun something because of the number of people that work at the place that makes it is beyond silly to me.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes LSCobra, mild83 liked this post
Unread 2015-10-16, 03:03 PM   #14
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to argue over beer, I drink whatever I want anyway

Unread 2015-10-17, 02:11 AM   #15
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

I actually like Row Hard better.

FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-10-24, 11:46 PM   #16
BLVD

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 9

AB/INBEV/SAB/Busch/? R&D department
BLVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-12-22, 11:31 AM   #17
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Anheuser-Busch launches Best Damn Brewing Co. with Best Damn Root Beer

(Photo courtesy Anheuser-Busch)

NEW YORK—Today marks the official launch of the Best Damn Brewing Co., a brand platform with a simple mission: to bring you the Best Damn thing you’ve had all day. On shelves now, Best Damn Root Beer is the brand’s first mission released nationally and the first hard root beer produced by Anheuser-Busch. It’s a full-flavored, well-balanced take on a favorite classic taste, aged on real vanilla beans during the brewing process.

“We’ve seen a growing consumer interest in sweeter taste profiles, and we jumped at the opportunity to brew an easy-drinking, hard root beer,” said Rashmi Patel, vice president, Share of Throat, Anheuser-Busch. “People like beers that are approachable, down-to-earth and don’t take themselves too seriously, so Best Damn Brewing Co. aims to bring all the flavor without any of the fuss.”

Best Damn Brewing Co. exists within the portfolio of Anheuser-Busch brands and leverages the talent of its brewmasters and its state-of-the-art brewing facilities across the U.S. to deliver great-tasting brews. To support the launch of Best Damn Root Beer, the brand plans to use some of Anheuser-Busch’s most iconic media assets, such as a 70-foot Jumbotron in Times Square, and tap into Anheuser-Busch’s extensive investment in sports properties, including over 80 professional team and stadium/venue partnerships.

“We’re constantly testing new ideas and we’re excited to bring more to the market through the Best Damn Brewing Co. brand in 2016,” added Patel.

Best Damn Root Beer is available at bars, clubs and restaurants, as well as grocery and liquor stores across the U.S. in six-packs of bottles, 16-oz. cans, and on draught. To learn more about Best Damn Brewing Co. and Best Damn Root Beer, fans are encouraged to visit bestdamn.com and follow @BestDamnBrewing on Twitter and Instagram.

Unread 2015-12-22, 01:45 PM   #18
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

yeah its already in the Lukas Liquors at 135th/Stateline.
purchased but haven't drank it yet
Unread 2015-12-22, 02:03 PM   #19
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try it

Unread 2015-12-22, 03:00 PM   #20
jdne5b

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 22
Likes (Received): 58
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

I'll try it, although Row Hard is going to be tough to beat.
jdne5b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-12-22, 03:03 PM   #21
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdne5b View Post
I'll try it, although Row Hard is going to be tough to beat.
I still just can't get behind Row Hard... I've never met anyone in person that liked it (granted my sample size of people trying it in front of me is limited to like 10 people)

glad some like it though - its good to have a company trying to push new products to market thats local(ish)
Unread 2015-12-22, 04:01 PM   #22
jdne5b

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 22
Likes (Received): 58
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Quote:
I still just can't get behind Row Hard... I've never met anyone in person that liked it (granted my sample size of people trying it in front of me is limited to like 10 people)

glad some like it though - its good to have a company trying to push new products to market thats local(ish)
I find it slightly more drinkable than Coney or NYF because it isnt as sweet, to me. I had 2 Coney Islands last night and my stomach hurt all night.

It is a different flavor though, and I only know 2 others that like it as much as I do.
jdne5b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-03-09, 01:15 AM   #23
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Anheuser-Busch's Best Damn Brewing Co. makes our dreams come true with boozy cream soda

Be prepared for the "best damn" news you've hard all day: Anheuser-Busch's Best Damn Brewing Co. just released a new addition to its line of nostalgic hard sodas.
Best Damn Cream Soda is joining the ranks of brews like Best Damn Root Beer, Cherry Cola and Apple Ale. Thankfully, you won't have to wait too long -- Best Damn Cream Soda hits shelves March 6th.
"BEST DAMN Cream Soda is our take on timeless recipe and is a sweet addition to any occasion whether you're out with the guys, drinking with friends at a BBQ or even cheering on your favorite team," said Kathryn Sattler, Senior Director of Best Damn Brewing Co. in an emailed statement. "

"BEST DAMN Cream Soda joins the national family of flavorful and approachable brews, and complements our fan-favorite BEST DAMN Root Beer with another take on nostalgic flavors. It's SODA-licious, you'll love it." The soda is aged on real vanilla for that touch of sweetness.

Credit: Best Damn Brewing Co. In addition to cream soda, the company is also rolling out a new ad campaign to celebrate.
Best Damn Brewing Co. isn't stopping there. On March 27, they will roll out Best Damn Sweet Tea to the Northwest and Midwest markets. The hard tea is aged with real black tea leaves during the brewing process.
You'll be able to buy Best Damn Cream Soda in six-packs of 12-oz. bottles and 16-oz. cans. To learn more about the brand and find out where to buy, visit their website! You can also follow Best Damn Brewing Co. on Facebook, and follow @BestDamnBrewing on Twitter and Instagram.

Unread 2017-03-10, 06:59 PM   #24
tim_ws6

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried the Best Damn Cherry Cola (i didn't buy it) and it was terrible. One of only a few beers i've actualy poured out.