Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 9
Likes (Received): 110
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 2

From highly collectible knife maker Deryk Munroe the Archon from a Limited Edition of eight numbered pieces, this is # 4 of 8, featuring milled ribs with Moon-glow inlays and TAD dual tritium thumb-studs, textured Woodland G10 scales, 6AL4V titanium frame and 6K Stellite blade with an awesome compound modified tanto grind, tip up pocket clip.

This knife was one of the custom sets done for www.TADgear.com. They do limited runs with the top tactical makers, Munroe has done a set that has been highly desirable with collectors.

Personally, this guy is my favorite tactical maker out there. This knife is heavy duty, it's rather large for a daily carry, but it's just a heavy duty, solid built knife.

Check out the Tritium in the thumbstud and the moon-glow in the inlay.

Praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-10-05, 03:30 PM   #27
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

no pic today.

Too tired.

Will post when I wake up at 3AMish.
Unread 2009-10-05, 05:52 PM   #28
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 237
Thanks (Received): 307
Likes (Given): 671
Likes (Received): 1075
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 22

the Anso knife does nothing for me.

i do really like the tritium inserts on the Munroe, and his tanto grind looks pretty wicked.

fwiw, this thread is the first one i checked each day when i get a break from work.
Unread 2009-10-06, 02:14 AM   #29
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

appreciate that. Wish others had an interest. This stuff is pretty fun to work with.

Here's the next knife. I'll do two today, since I missed yesterday. I've been asleep since I made that last post.

This is a custom Stan Wilson’s Advisor model knife featuring Chris Marks Byzantium pattern mosaic Damascus bolsters, a blade of Bertie Reitveld Snakeskin pattern Damascus, hidden screw construction, file-worked blade, spine and liners, premium Mother-of-Pearl scales, a Diamond is inset into thumb-stud the liners are jeweled and anodized Titanium and the knife is finished off with Stan’s 14K Gold Signature Plate. 
blade length: 3 1/8" ............... closed: 4 1/4" ......... overall length: 7 3/8"

Unread 2009-10-06, 04:50 AM   #30
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Stan Wilson's Advisor is gorgeous! The wife unit wants to buy about $20k of your knives now, and she doesn't even collect or carry them. lol
Unread 2009-10-06, 11:47 AM   #31
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

www.knifeology.com. I will get you a discount if you want to buy anything.

Thanks for the sticky.

Here's the second knife for the day.

Ken Steigerwalt Art Deco folder with 20 turn Damasteel blade carved and grooved, 416 stainless frame carved in a deco style, 18k gold inlay pins and button and presentation grade black-lip pearl inlays.

This guy is basically the next icon of knife making. He is a hell of a guy, and has been friends with my dad for a long time now. This piece...is just gorgeous. We sell a lot of his stuff, but this is part of dad's private collection. Moran, Loveless....there are only a few names that define "Icon Knife Maker." Steigerwalt seems to be the next name on the list.

Last edited by zef; 2009-10-06 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: fixed a broken img tag
Unread 2009-10-06, 12:52 PM   #32
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

very interesting design. as you noted, the guy obviously has a ton of talent. do you have any pics of the spine?
Unread 2009-10-06, 01:59 PM   #33
duttbart
askmehowIknow,bro!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 31
Thanks (Received): 169
Likes (Given): 222
Likes (Received): 1348
Dislikes (Received): 18

awesome thread. not even a knife fan, but this is awesome.
duttbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-10-06, 02:42 PM   #34
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently my dad's been a member here for a couple years....

so yeah. He'll post up here every now and then. He should have access to this section now. You'll know who he is when he posts....
Unread 2009-10-07, 10:28 AM   #35
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

An exceptionally beautiful knife from the creative mind of Jody Muller. The "Eagles" knife features a Damascus blade created from 1084, 15N20 and Nickel, the thumb-stud is 18 k Gold and all the inlaid Gold is 24 k, the bolsters are 416 stainless and the liners are gold anodized Titanium, scales are perfectly matched Mother-of-Pearl. The engraving on this piece is the best I have seen to date from Jody, he just keeps raising the bar. The Eagles look like they are going to fly off the knife and the use of feathers in the background, on the rear bolsters, on the spine and inside really tie it all together. An exceptional knife for the discriminating collector.

Unread 2009-10-07, 09:58 PM   #36
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

that Muller truly is an amazing blade. i've never seen a damascus pattern anything like that. what would you call that blade profile? karambit?
Unread 2009-10-07, 10:05 PM   #37
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

He did it himself...so I'm not sure.

Thing about Muller is that he does the entire piece by himself. Each and every part was taken from raw materials.

Some makers take steel that was forged somewhere else, others have engravings done. Jody does all of his knives by himself.
Unread 2009-10-08, 06:07 PM   #38
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

An incredible masterpiece collaboration by Steven Rapp and Julie Warenski! Steven is a multi-award winning master at reproducing bowie knives from the 1800’s and is a member of the prestigious AKI (Art Knife Invitational). Steve only makes 10 - 20 knives per year, his work is extremely collectible and he has an almost two year wait list. Julie is a master engraver and is also a member of the AKI. This is a recreation of the Kimball Bowie, it won Best Fixed Blade @ the 2003 Blade Show. Blade is 440c, handle is ancient Elephant Ivory.

This thing is worth more than most cars. Just saying.

Unread 2009-10-08, 06:34 PM   #39
Drag Coefficient

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 64
Likes (Given): 450
Likes (Received): 272
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarney View Post
An exceptionally beautiful knife from the creative mind of Jody Muller. The "Eagles" knife features a Damascus blade created from 1084, 15N20 and Nickel, the thumb-stud is 18 k Gold and all the inlaid Gold is 24 k, the bolsters are 416 stainless and the liners are gold anodized Titanium, scales are perfectly matched Mother-of-Pearl. The engraving on this piece is the best I have seen to date from Jody, he just keeps raising the bar. The Eagles look like they are going to fly off the knife and the use of feathers in the background, on the rear bolsters, on the spine and inside really tie it all together. An exceptional knife for the discriminating collector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafir View Post
that Muller truly is an amazing blade. i've never seen a damascus pattern anything like that. what would you call that blade profile? karambit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarney View Post
He did it himself...so I'm not sure.

Thing about Muller is that he does the entire piece by himself. Each and every part was taken from raw materials.

Some makers take steel that was forged somewhere else, others have engravings done. Jody does all of his knives by himself.
I would say from the looks of the knife fully open it takes on the shape of an actual eagles claw/talon
like it
also like the steigerwalt design
Drag Coefficient is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-10-09, 04:09 PM   #40
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

This is an Allen Elishewitz Hoplite button lock with Carbon Fiber handles, Chad Nichols new Razor Wire SS Damascus, ambidextrous thumb studs and a G-10 spacer. The blade design of this knife is derived from the Philippine Kampilan Bolo, the notch on the top of the blade is meant to catch or deflect the blade on an opponent and Allen modified the blade giving it a little more belly to increase its cutting ability and the straighter tip is very aggressive for slashing

Unread 2009-10-10, 02:38 PM   #41
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Owen Wood’s Art Deco Dagger with Owen's Explosion Damascus and his Herringbone Damascus combined to form the blade and with additional graded nickel dots added to accentuate the first three chevrons. Liners are 6 Al 4V anodized Titanium, the frame is TNT (Heimskringla) Stainless Damascus Damasteel with inlays of 303 blued stainless steel, inlayed 18ct gold dots and Blacklip Pearl. Pivot heads and counterpivots are 18ct gold with Brownlip Pearl inlays.

Unread 2009-10-11, 04:44 PM   #42
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Here is an out of this world knife! This is Scott Sawby’s Kingfisher model, one of his most popular classic patterns. This knife has stunning Gem quality Sci Fi Jasper scales which were the inspiration for the other worldly engraving theme expertly executed by master Engraver Ray Cover Jr. additional features of this knife are an ATS-34 blade, 416ss bolsters and Scott Sawby's patented "Self-lock", one of the most ingenious locking mechanisms found on knives today. Part of the beauty of this locking mechanism is that the harder you try to force the blade closed the tighter it

Unread 2009-10-12, 03:22 PM   #43
Knifeologist

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default Some new knives that just came in

These are from Korth (Rick and Rudy Lala, two brothers in Brazil). This model is called the Sentry. Gotta love Skulls!

Ben, thanks for posting all the pics. Hope everyone is enjoying them.

www.knifeology.com
Knifeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-10-12, 07:25 PM   #44
zef
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Steven Rapp/Julie Warenski fixed blade - an interesting piece. i can definitely appreciate the fine engraving.

Allen Elishewitz Hoplite - i love anything with carbon fiber. i've got a Makora II in carbon fiber, and even have the Beretta Avenger II. my DPMS LR-308 even has a CF free floating handguard. there was a guy on ebay a few months ago selling some cool 100% fixed blade knives. for under $150 too.

Owen Wood’s Art Deco Dagger - the attention to detail on that knife is mind numbing. one of those "how the hell did he even do that???" knives.

Scott Sawby’s Kingfisher - i love anything with a space/ufo theme. i think this is the only knife i've ever seen with one too.

Korth knives - those are really cool. i love the skulls, and the knives have a really unique style too. kinda reminiscent of Daltons. reminds me that i need to buy a Dalton Offering.

i've definitely been getting a kick out of this thread. learned more in this one thread than i have in all of the threads and websites i've viewed over the years, and i'm even a gold member over on bladeforums.
Unread 2009-10-12, 11:19 PM   #45
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the late, been busy

Another Strider, cause I can.
This is a Strider Starlingear Stealth DDC Limited Edition (just 25 made) with a Duane Dwyer custom ground Tanto blade. The blade, scale, lockbar and pocket clip are all laser etched. The knife comes with a Bronze Stealth Starlingear bead on the lanyard, scales are Carbon Fiber and it all resides in a Greg Everett Leather Sheath adorned with the logos of Strider, Starlinger and Duane Dwyer.

Totally noticed dad posted for today. Technically its the next day here in Eastern time.
Unread 2009-10-14, 10:25 PM   #46
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

More Kious.

Another beautiful work of art from the combined efforts of two reknowed artists; Joe Kious and Jon Robyn. This is Joe's Model 6 1/2 folding dagger. One of the highlights of this knife, besides the overall craftsmanship is the Apple Green Jade inlay, it is amazingly beautiful. Jon Robyn uses Gold and Copper inlays to bring the Samurai warrior and the Geisha to life. Check out the steam rising from the Geisha's cup of tea.This piece also features a gold lock and file worked spine. A unique and wonderful piece of art.

Unread 2009-10-14, 10:48 PM   #47
tmemastr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Wow my favorites so far are:
Matthew Lerch’s small “Rockford” model
Eagles sculpted knife

Awesome thread please keep it going.
tmemastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2009-10-15, 04:24 PM   #48
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

David Goldberg is a master Japanese Sword Smith. This is a prototype of his "ZANTO" fighter style knife. David's description; This is the handmade/production line of my Zanto fighter style knife. The blade is made of 33 layer high carbon and stainless Damascus. The blade is handmade in Japan, it then comes to me and I refine the spine by shaping and polishing it. Then I finish the pommel end, and pierce the hole. At this point I make a palm swell and cover it in natural or died stingray skin. Then apply a sterling silver hand carved and cast hilt ornament called Menuki. Then I wrap the handle in leather or suede in the samurai tradition.

David also does an all original work of this style in a more traditional type blade (tamahagane) sand iron, these pieces are very similar in every way accept the blade is more involved traditionally folded hardened, and hand forged and these start at $950 and go to $3500.

Unread 2009-10-17, 03:35 PM   #49
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

The flipper action on Randy Doucette custom knives are second to none! A perfect example is this Icon liner locking model featuring a S30V blade, silver twill bolsters, dark Maroon (looks almost Black) Micarta scales, liners/stand-offs and pocket clip, set for tip down carry, all of Titanium. Ambidextrous thumb-studs along with the flipper action provide dual opening options and a file-worked thumb rest complete this package.

Unread 2009-10-18, 11:36 PM   #50
Praetorian

Post Thanks / Like

Michael Burch a/k/a Burchtree Bladeworks made this Tanto with a hand-forged blade of 1095 steel, an amazing hamon line, red ray-skin handle wrapped in traditional style, double skull Menuki's with gemstones inset by Jody Muller.