Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2018-05-14, 11:00 AM   #576
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQjqrp7Kc_A

2018 Kia Stinger Gt K&N Cold Air Intake Install Video

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-05-14, 12:13 PM   #577
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Top 5 Expensive Cars the Kia Stinger GT Beats in a Drag Race

With a starting price of $39,250 including destination, the Kia Stinger GT has been a pleasant surprise to automotive enthusiasts.

In fact, we came away so impressed with the Korean automakerís sports sedan that we named it AutoGuide.comĎs 2018 Car of the Year. Thereís a lot more to the Kia Stinger GT than its 3.3-liter, twin-turbo V6 engine with 365 horsepower and 376 pound-feet of torque, but we all know everyone loves reading about zero-to-60 times. So we decided to compile a list of five expensive cars you might be surprised to hear would lose in a drag race with the Stinger GT.

For this list, we used official zero-to-60 times published by the automakers rather than a third-party source. Kia says the Stinger GT does the sprint in 4.7 seconds, but itís worth noting it has been tested to go faster.

5. BMW 540i

Itís the cheapest of the five cars on the list, but the BMW 540i is still nearly $20,000 more than the Kia Stinger GT. Powered by a 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline six-cylinder engine, the 540i is actually less powerful than the Stinger GT with 335 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque. As a result, the standard 540i hits 60 mph from a standstill in 4.9 seconds, while the xDrive all-wheel-drive variant matches the Stinger GTís performance at 4.7 seconds. The BMW 540i xDrive, however, starts from $61,495.

4. Audi A7

While the Audi S7 is clearly a faster machine than the Stinger GT, the A7 is a different story. Powered by a 3.0-liter supercharged V6 engine, the A7 boasts 340 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque, resulting in a zero-to-60 time of 5.2 seconds. Its price tag? A hefty $70,675.

3. Mercedes-Benz CLS 550

Anytime BMW and Audi are mentioned, you can pretty much guarantee Mercedes-Benz is lurking. Although thereís a new CLS that is set to arrive dealerships in the near future, the current model is actually slower than the Stinger GT. The CLS 550 and CLS 550 4MATIC both accelerate to 60 in 4.9 seconds, powered by a 4.7-liter biturbo V8 engine generating 402 hp and 443 lb-ft of torque. So even though the Stinger GT has less power, it accelerates quicker and is much cheaper than the CLS 550ís starting price of $76,145. The all-wheel-drive 4MATIC model costs $2,500 more.

2. Porsche Panamera

Kia itself wasnít shy about comparing its Stinger GT to the Porsche Panamera. With a starting price of $86,050, the Panamera is more than double the Stinger GT and itís noticeably slower in a sprint to 60 mph. The standard Panamera does it in 5.4 seconds, while the more expensive Panamera 4, priced from $90,650, takes 5.2 seconds. It probably doesnít help that the Panamera with a 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 engine offers less performance with 330 hp and 331 lb-ft of torque.

1. Jaguar F-Type

Of all the expensive cars out there that the Stinger GT is faster than, none is probably more surprising than the Jaguar F-Type. Sure the Stinger GT doesnít beat the high-performance F-Type R, but it is faster than the 3.0-liter supercharged V6 variant with 380 hp and 339 lb-ft of torque. That model takes 4.8 seconds to hit 60 mph from a standstill, and thatís at a cost of $81,745 Ė another car thatís double the Stinger GTís starting price.

Unread 2018-05-14, 12:18 PM   #578
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

2018+ Stinger Maintec Variable Catback Exhaust

Price: US$ 1,650.00
SKU: exhaustevc_stingmain

Unread 2018-05-14, 01:11 PM   #579
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWx0F7KqzwU

12.4 1/4 mile

Last edited by JDLM; 2018-05-15 at 08:10 AM..
Unread 2018-05-14, 01:14 PM   #580
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJoX8E0YXKk

KIA Stinger GT, tune review...

Unread 2018-05-14, 01:26 PM   #581
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gqx5vfaA10

2018 KIA Stinger GT Review | A True ///M and AMG Killer?

Unread 2018-05-14, 03:03 PM   #582
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Final R&D is complete for the Seibon Carbon hood for the Stinger

Unread 2018-05-14, 03:30 PM   #583
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 109
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 398
Likes (Received): 229
Dislikes (Given): 16
Dislikes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWx0F7KqzwU

12.4 1/4 mile
Damn! Did a half mile in 12.4. Badge delete really does add 15hp!

Street & Racing Technology

Last edited by JDLM; 2018-05-15 at 09:04 AM..
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-05-14, 03:45 PM   #584
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

you are special

Unread 2018-05-15, 07:21 AM   #585
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 109
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 398
Likes (Received): 229
Dislikes (Given): 16
Dislikes (Received): 4

I know right. Almost as special as the guy that put 12.4 down in a half mile, lol...... Kia doesn't need your help fabricating more bs for the car.

Street & Racing Technology
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-05-15, 08:11 AM   #586
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueburner View Post
I know right. Almost as special as the guy that put 12.4 down in a half mile, lol...... Kia doesn't need your help fabricating more bs for the car.

Oops, typed that one too fast.

Well considering that this shop is one of the 1st to go out and prototype and have the 1st real tune on one, it appears they are doing all of the "hype" work for KIA

Unread 2018-05-15, 08:37 AM   #587
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

seems that I am playing catch up on what TORK has been doing (this is what happens when you take 28 days off from the internet)

KIA Stinger Rear Spoiler How To Install

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcpyGISlAaw

Unread 2018-05-15, 08:57 AM   #588
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

John Bushbaum
John Bushbaum If all goes smooth this week, we will hopefully have the first 11 second time slip and be running 11's in the 1/4 mile

(John is the owner of Tork and seems to be updating a lot on the progress) which is a plus

Unread 2018-05-15, 09:04 AM   #589
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Living with the 2018 Kia Stinger 4 Cylinder Turbo: - V6 Envy?

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xssVSI2-z2g

Unread 2018-05-15, 09:10 AM   #590
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Review: 2018 Kia Stinger GT

The headrests. I donít love the headrests. If you keep the backrest of your seat more on the vertical, the headrests will push on the back of your head. They should really have some back and forth adjustment. Everything else about the Kia Stinger GT is excellent. It looks great. It goes and handles as good as it looks. Itís a world class car that should put every automaker on notice. Go buy one, youíll love it.

Thatís it. Thatís the review.

Still here?

Fine. Letís talk about the exterior. Pictures do not do it justice. Obvious Audi-esque side shape is obvious, thatís because the guy who designed it used to work at Audi. But look closer. I see some Alfa Romeo or otherwise Italian influence in the rear, specifically the taillights. In the front I see some Fisher Karma. I not a fan of the fake vents but they work. And there is even some typical Kia design, if there is such thing, in the rear door. Most importantly, it reminds me of the FSO Polonez, itself a remarkable vehicle, which set that standard for a five-door hatchback design. Put all together, it looks good enough for people to approach it for a closer look and take pictures.

The inside is modern minimalist. It works for Land Rover, it works for Mercedes, and it sure works here. Good quality materials everywhere you touch. Everything is easy to find and use. The audio system sounds great. The sound of the blinking blinker could be louder and the automatic wipers could be a bit smarter. I wish the center screen could fold and disappear into the dash. Iím really reaching here.

The 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6 in the Stinger GT makes 365 horsepower at 6000rpm and 376 torques ay 1300rpm. The power delivery is linear and there really isnít any noticeable turbo lag. Itís a good amount of power, enough to pull the Stinger in low 13-second quarter mile times, and 12s have been recorded. If anything, the figure seems unfairly low in the days of 700-horsepower Jeeps. Itís delivered to either the rear wheels or all wheels, as in the case of the pictured car, via a smooth and quick-shifting eight-speed automatic transmission.

On the street, the ride and handling are great. I never felt any jolts or other un-pleasantries on New Englandís post-winter roads. And it handles great, too. There is minimal body roll and dive. This vehicle was equipped with Michelinís Pilot Sport 4 tires. Except for one instance, I didnít push this car hard enough to even approach any limits but in spirited driving the chassis and tire combination seemed excellent.

Like most new vehicles, the Kia Stinger comes with a ton of modern safety gizmos that assist the driver. In the Stinger they seemed very transparent until I needed them. I was on a secondary two-lane road, in the left lane, driving around 40mph. As I was entering a tunnel I looked into the passenger side mirror as I wanted to switch lanes. In the exact same time, the vehicle in front of me started braking heavily. The Stinger started buzzing at me and slammed on the brakes by itself. But that wasnít enough. My so-called ďracing instinctsĒ took over and I cut the wheel to the right, a lane I knew was free, and avoided hitting the car in front of me probably an inch.

But the most surprising thing was how the Stringer handled in this process. It was totally drama free. I cut the wheel under full braking, suddenly switched lanes, and then quickly straighten the car. Aside from those basic functions, there was no need for me to do anything else. There was no need for me to remain in control or stabilize the vehicle Ė it just remained shockingly composed throughout the process. This kind of amazed me. I have driven a ton of vehicles near their handling limit and this one was one of the smoothest. The combination of the active safety equipment, chassis tuning, big brakes, and great tires totally saved my ass.

The 2018 Kia Stinger starts at $31,900. The V6-powered Stinger GT starts at $38,350. The fully-loaded GT AWD model seen in these pictures had the manufacturer suggested retail price of $52,300, with destination. This loaded price is about the same as a loaded Audi A5 Sportback or starting price for the Audi S5 Sportback, which the Stinger GT is clearly targeting.

Aside from the headrests, which is an extremely minor complaint, I canít find anything I donít like about the Stinger. It completely surpassed all of my expectations. This is the vehicle that shows that Kia can be competitive with the top brands of the world. All they have to do is apply the Stinger philosophy to all of their other models.

Unread 2018-05-15, 09:45 AM   #591
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Tork Motorsports
3 hrs ∑
KIA Stinger GT 3.3TT tuning log.

Its 4:30 AM and I have figured out one thing... the Stinger can take 30 psi of boost pressure without any issues. It can also take 27 psi, 25 psi, 24 psi, and 22 psi. I eventually got the boost back down to 18 psi, and now we are working on the 18 psi hold to redline.

Note: at 30 psi, it scared me. The noise it made was spectacular, the BOV screamed when I let off the throttle, the turbo's chugged at the intakes, the exhaust rattled the bay door on the shop... the KIA was pissed, lol.

I am going to call it a night, because I think I still have children that miss me

If all goes well, and I can get the ECU to play nice, I will be posting up a new dyno sheet tomorrow.
Thanks,
John with Tork Motorsports.

Unread 2018-05-15, 09:47 AM   #592
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ok everyone who owns a Stinger and for those who have been patiently waiting. All of us at JT thankyou for your patience and understanding. After what feels like several hundred revisions out JT Stinger Cai system has finally passed our revisions and we are now officially accepting pre orders. The kit comes with alloy hard pipe intakes, genuine K&N filters, air boxes, all fasteners, silicone and our optional cai intake ducts that pull air from directly behind the grill. The kit pictured is in raw finish and we also offer the kit in powder coated stealth black for a factory finish which is $70aud more. Introductory pricing is $895aud for the raw kit for Australian customers during the first month. International customers please contact us for GST exempt pricing and freight costs. I know alot of you guys in the USA already have pre orders and we have finally secured some great freight pricing. If you would like to jump on our pre order list please do not hesitate to contact us through facebook messages or email at
Jonnytig671@gmail.com
We are looking at being ready to ship by next week ������ JT performance that transcends all boundries........

Unread 2018-05-16, 08:57 AM   #593
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

KIA | STINGER | AWD vs RWD

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6mKcJz-wTo

Unread 2018-05-16, 09:03 AM   #594
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Keendesign Kia stinger tune

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AauO6j_wrg8

This is the first unit. I was asked to test it and put a few miles on it since I have had two other tune chips from other companies in my car. So far I’m 24 hours into it and over 200 miles everything is working as it should and power is there as promised. Running it with 91 octane fuel and only have exhaust on my stinger. Other than the chip and the exhaust Im currently stock in terms of performance.

Unread 2018-05-16, 09:05 AM   #595
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Oh this guy is using the BMS chip (BMS/JB4 is well known in the BMW community)

2018 Kia Stinger dyno run and chip comparisons

2018 Kia Stinger on the dyno
Stock............................... 311/356
JunBL Exhaust................ 321/380
Keendesign Chip............. 366/428
Burger Motorsports JB1. 367/433
WHP/WTQ

Keen Chip w/ Stock exhaust 363/426

New video next week with Lap3 chip

Thank you to Burger Motorsports for the JB unit and thank you to my sponsor KeenDesign for letting me use their chip.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17EsKekWuhk

Unread 2018-05-16, 09:07 AM   #596
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Kia Stinger vs BMW 135 vs BMW 335

Both BMW have intake, charge pipe, exhaust, JB4 tune and running ethanol blend. Stinger has full Jun BL exhaust and JB1

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oTKMv2r9sE

Unread 2018-05-16, 09:23 AM   #597
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Kia: Game changing Stinger wins at Autocar Awards 2018

The all-new Kia Stinger, Kiaís first gran turismo, has been lauded as a ĎGame Changerí at this yearís Autocar Awards. The awards, held at Silverstone on Tuesday 15 May, celebrate the most important cars of the last year.
The most adventurous model in the companyís history, the Stinger was recognised for its ability to compete with rivals that have been long-established in the sector with its elegance, dynamism and sophistication.
Mark Tisshaw, Autocar Editor, commented: ďWhat the Korean manufacturer has lacked is a car that makes you sit up and go Ďphwoarí when it rolls past. And with the new Stinger GT, thatís exactly what Kia has built. This is a car thatís intended to show the world that Kia is also a force to be reckoned with when it comes to creating engaging, dynamically focused, rear-driven driversí cars worthy of comparison against Europeís finest.Ē
Gregory Guillaume, Chief Designer at Kia Motors Europe, said on collecting the award: ďWe are absolutely delighted that the Stinger has been named as a ĎGame Changerí by Autocar. The Stinger meant such a lot to the whole team throughout the entire design process, so to receive this award from Autocar is really special.Ē
Since its unveiling in January 2017, the Kia Stinger has altered the perceptions of the Kia brand to many. Based on the GT Concept from the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show, the Kia Stinger evokes memories of the classic age of grand tourers. Stinger is the first classic grand tourer from Kia and the first rear-wheel-drive model the company has introduced to Europe. In range-topping twin-turbo V6 guise it is also the fastest-accelerating Kia ever, with a 0-60mph time of 4.7 seconds.

Unread 2018-05-16, 09:56 AM   #598
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

First Ultra Racing braces installed on AWD stinger in Canada. Install was 35-45 minutes after spending an hour on the packaging lol. Install was straight forward. Great fit and very little modifications needed. Confirming pricing and will update you all. Keep in mind your American dollar goes farther in Canada so might be cheaper. Will update with more pics and pricing soon. Thanks Ultra-Racing appreciate being the test fit.

Unread 2018-05-16, 12:29 PM   #599
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Kia Stinger GT vs 2005 Subaru STI

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAJBkQCgP0U

2018 Kia Stinger GT vs 2005 Subaru STI from a 15mph roll.. Kia is stock STI made 303hp/311TQ

Unread 2018-05-16, 01:36 PM   #600
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Kia Stinger | Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust

The most exciting 2018 luxury sport sedan offering gets the full treatment from Magnaflow. The Kia Stinger system features mandrel bent stainless tubing, a tru-x crossover.

Twin open core Magnaflow resonators, twin rear open core silencers, and tuned chamber helmoltz style anti drone cannisters. All the rush with a sweet drone free experience through the rpm range.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS4BnoUqoJ8

Tags
albert biermann, awd, kia stinger gt, peter schreyer, rwd