Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Business, Finance

Unread 2014-01-05, 08:11 PM   #76
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 949
Thanks (Received): 344
Likes (Given): 6655
Likes (Received): 2826
Dislikes (Given): 135
Dislikes (Received): 138

Real estate
mild83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-02-10, 09:15 AM   #77
RareMinded

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 0
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

No offense, but if he has $50k to invest, he deserves a Strategic Business Plan w/ min/expected/and max ROI - so that he can adjust his goals, exposure, and options to work. I assume you are looking to create something well diversified; not in a stock market sense - but wider actually. I have a couple projects worth looking into. Any potential investments in my eyes must have a history of quick turnover. I'm not patient or gullibleenough to invest $1 million for a year to feel lucky if I make $100k. With what guarantee? Nothing.

I'm not going to deal with anything unless it's highly predictable, and controlled in part atleast, by my decisions. Any goal will have realistic ROI of 1,000%+ because efficieny and turning the investment is where the progress is.

Finally, my model shows an investor, in many forms what they are looking at....

x(quan) of y(item) # z(price per unit) = A (Investment)

Current Retail Market Value of xyz is D (A+3)

This is a terrible example because I have to run out the door, but hang with me.....

I paid 25% of retail using my arbitrage, global sources, credit lines, logistical strategies, etc.. This is about as BAD as my outlook ever appears...

In essence, we invested funds, and have product at 25% of the market value. Due to having over 10 years in worldwide liquidation and multi-faceted retail liquidation, I begin maximizing profits. Let's say a once in a lifetime event happens and in 1 week. the value of my stocked inventory drops 50%. I end up fire selling the remainder within the next 7 day period at the current market rate, after the 50% decline, and I still make 25%. Take that 25% gain * 52 weeks and enjoy over 1,200%. First off, this worst case will never even be reality. By concentrating on items that have low risk of daily price fluctuation, you turn this into a predictable cash machine...

Enemies of this will say...

How do you know your inventory will sell at retail values; or what if you can't secure supply? After 10 solid years, 15 total.... I have live quotes sent to me daily, several suppliers deep. I also have negotiated credit lines to limit the amount of cash that is tied up while the retail outlets and other unique profit streams run through the numbers.

I have to roll. If you want to have a discussion vs. trying to read my rant - send me a message and I will atleast discuss some real options with you.

Real Estate? I'm no landlord so after paying a management company, i walk with 10-15% tops - that's if some random fraternity doesn't tear my place apartfrom the foundation or sue me for some reason I don't have time to diiscuss.

CD's: LOL - invest $50k in a losing vehicle? Those CDs will be A-Tracks by the time you see the real impact of inflation/outrageous commodities/piss poor American companies finally seeing that they haven't competed with more efficient companies since the fraud began. My uncle got laid off at Ford for 1.5 years @ 90% pay. He came back, 30 lbs heavier, and the first week they kept him overtime and he was paid time and a half ---- $66/hour?

As I said, I only consider INVESTMENT when it involves something worthwhile, intellectual, and entrepreneurial - where the gain potential isn't spelled out or capped, but instead, the discussion is profit sharing and incentives ...designed for motivated leaders. On the other hand, with inventory that is easily liquidated, purchased at 25% of the current market value, and maximized through retail/supplier relationships and credit lines, the loss potential is becomes very predictable -- and that worst case scenario can easily be avoided with a few select rules/guidelines.

I apologize if this annoyed anyone. If there is one thing I am, it is a diehard entrepreneur, and I appreciate someone who researches options for making sound investments.....
RareMinded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-02-23, 03:16 PM   #78
Roman

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 1
Dislikes (Given): 1

Great post. What are your projects if you don't mind sharing?
Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-02-23, 07:00 PM   #79
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1373
Dislikes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMinded View Post
No offense, but if he has $50k to invest, he deserves a Strategic Business Plan w/ min/expected/and max ROI - so that he can adjust his goals, exposure, and options to work. I assume you are looking to create something well diversified; not in a stock market sense - but wider actually. I have a couple projects worth looking into. Any potential investments in my eyes must have a history of quick turnover. I'm not patient or gullibleenough to invest $1 million for a year to feel lucky if I make $100k. With what guarantee? Nothing.

I'm not going to deal with anything unless it's highly predictable, and controlled in part atleast, by my decisions. Any goal will have realistic ROI of 1,000%+ because efficieny and turning the investment is where the progress is.

Finally, my model shows an investor, in many forms what they are looking at....

x(quan) of y(item) # z(price per unit) = A (Investment)

Current Retail Market Value of xyz is D (A+3)

This is a terrible example because I have to run out the door, but hang with me.....

I paid 25% of retail using my arbitrage, global sources, credit lines, logistical strategies, etc.. This is about as BAD as my outlook ever appears...

In essence, we invested funds, and have product at 25% of the market value. Due to having over 10 years in worldwide liquidation and multi-faceted retail liquidation, I begin maximizing profits. Let's say a once in a lifetime event happens and in 1 week. the value of my stocked inventory drops 50%. I end up fire selling the remainder within the next 7 day period at the current market rate, after the 50% decline, and I still make 25%. Take that 25% gain * 52 weeks and enjoy over 1,200%. First off, this worst case will never even be reality. By concentrating on items that have low risk of daily price fluctuation, you turn this into a predictable cash machine...

Enemies of this will say...

How do you know your inventory will sell at retail values; or what if you can't secure supply? After 10 solid years, 15 total.... I have live quotes sent to me daily, several suppliers deep. I also have negotiated credit lines to limit the amount of cash that is tied up while the retail outlets and other unique profit streams run through the numbers.

I have to roll. If you want to have a discussion vs. trying to read my rant - send me a message and I will atleast discuss some real options with you.

Real Estate? I'm no landlord so after paying a management company, i walk with 10-15% tops - that's if some random fraternity doesn't tear my place apartfrom the foundation or sue me for some reason I don't have time to diiscuss.

CD's: LOL - invest $50k in a losing vehicle? Those CDs will be A-Tracks by the time you see the real impact of inflation/outrageous commodities/piss poor American companies finally seeing that they haven't competed with more efficient companies since the fraud began. My uncle got laid off at Ford for 1.5 years @ 90% pay. He came back, 30 lbs heavier, and the first week they kept him overtime and he was paid time and a half ---- $66/hour?

As I said, I only consider INVESTMENT when it involves something worthwhile, intellectual, and entrepreneurial - where the gain potential isn't spelled out or capped, but instead, the discussion is profit sharing and incentives ...designed for motivated leaders. On the other hand, with inventory that is easily liquidated, purchased at 25% of the current market value, and maximized through retail/supplier relationships and credit lines, the loss potential is becomes very predictable -- and that worst case scenario can easily be avoided with a few select rules/guidelines.

I apologize if this annoyed anyone. If there is one thing I am, it is a diehard entrepreneur, and I appreciate someone who researches options for making sound investments.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Great post. What are your projects if you don't mind sharing?

OMG, get these two guys together.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-02-23, 07:33 PM   #80
Roman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYAutoRepair View Post
OMG, get these two guys together.
Do you walk around and give people happy endings at the end of their bay rental?
Unread 2014-02-23, 07:37 PM   #81
jasman18

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 247
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 19

A small business is a great place to put money but also exceptionally risky.
"Strategic business plan" for 50k? Yeah ok. Doesn't take a business school degree to see through that kind of lingo.
Talk to the real business owners on here and see how they built a legitimate business the "real life" way.

Everyone wants to get rich quick when its essentially guaranteed you will end up a multimillionaire given enough time with only moderate risk.
jasman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-03, 05:35 AM   #82
Roman

Post Thanks / Like

So, ladies, its been a few months/years and I have a few new ideas:

1.Buy VTSMX and hope for a good, steady return?

2. Open a liquor store? (Any owners on here can give me and advice/pros/cons)

3. Buy a 4-plex in the ghetto and rent it out? (Any landlords on here can give me and advice/pros/cons)

4. Try Lending Club?
Unread 2014-08-03, 03:22 PM   #83
TAILWAG

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 199
Thanks (Received): 128
Likes (Given): 361
Likes (Received): 783
Dislikes (Given): 30
Dislikes (Received): 10

Quote:

3. Buy a 4-plex in the ghetto and rent it out? (Any landlords on here can give me and advice/pros/cons)

4. Try Lending Club?
Yup, almost 2 years. Have you been sitting on $50,000 you said you wanted to invest? At least you did not lose any money that way.

Last edited by TAILWAG; 2014-08-03 at 03:24 PM..
TAILWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-03, 11:45 PM   #84
Roman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAILWAG View Post
Have you been sitting on $50,000 you said you wanted to invest?
Basically yes, if you don't count the 1.5% high yield checking returns joke.
Unread 2014-08-04, 01:18 AM   #85
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Basically yes, if you don't count the 1.5% high yield checking returns joke.
What bank is giving you 1.5% on $50k in checking!?
Unread 2014-08-04, 06:36 AM   #86
Roman

Post Thanks / Like

10K at 2.5% at Quest CU, 40K at 1% online at SmartyPig. So more like 1.3%.
Unread 2014-08-04, 08:13 AM   #87
TAILWAG

Post Thanks / Like

You could have made $ 24,000 with the gold suggestion I gave you, just saying. Today you could have had $ 74,000 to invest.
Unread 2014-08-04, 09:33 AM   #88
Roman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
You could have made $ 24,000 with the gold suggestion I gave you, just saying. Today you could have had $ 74,000 to invest.
How is that? You are talking about 24% annual return...

Gold was at $1606 USD/OZ in August 2012, and now its at $1290 USD/OZ.
Unread 2014-08-04, 01:12 PM   #89
Rob

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 171
Thanks (Received): 149
Likes (Given): 829
Likes (Received): 852
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 23

Apple stock!!
Unread 2014-08-04, 01:13 PM   #90
Rob

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 171
Thanks (Received): 149
Likes (Given): 829
Likes (Received): 852
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 23

Quote:

You woulda lost money :P
Unread 2014-08-04, 01:27 PM   #91
TAILWAG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:

Read what I posted. You don't speculate. You buy early in the am and sell late in the pm at a commission. Yes, I pay 24% annual return.
Unread 2014-08-04, 01:40 PM   #92
Roman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Read what I posted. You don't speculate. You buy early in the am and sell late in the pm at a commission. Yes, I pay 24% annual return.
You are implying that its always sells higher in the afternoon? How much is commission?
Unread 2014-08-04, 01:59 PM   #93
TAILWAG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
You are implying that its always sells higher in the afternoon? How much is commission?
If it were that easy, everyone would be doing it. NO, it doesn't always sell higher, but it always sells. You have to agree on a price.

1. You have open POs tu fullfill (mainly from the Omar, Qatar, Kuwait and all over the ME, China and Asia = all of the rich people there want GOLD - not silver, not real estate, pure GOLD plain and simple) at an agreed rate (usually, closing rate of the day, not opening).

2. You find sellers that want to move their gold. Anything from a couple of ounces to several kilos. You find someone that can round all of these people together.

3. You agree to pay them based on what the closing rate will be, but you take possession of it early in the am, thus guaranteeing them the transaction. For all of this, you charge anywhere from a 1-1.5% commission.

4. At the end of the day, you sell whatever you were able to source (a lot more involved that it sounds as you have to go through a refinery and a certification agency to evaluate and confirm purity of the metal).

5. You fullfill the purchase orders, get paid and make a profit. Profit is directly related to how many POs you are able to fill. It is a matter of volume.

So it doesn't matter if you are buying gold at $ 900 or $ 1900 an ounce...you are making 1-1.5% of 900 or 1900. If gold sells at a higher rate you will make a little more - if it tanks all the way below 900, you are still making 1-1.5% of that...but you are NOT ever losing money.

You have to obviously have the right connections and know all the regulations in each of the countries you are doing this in. For this people charge a fee/commission as well, but there is enough profit to go around. For anyone that puts in 10,000 - 100,000, I will pay 24% apr, it is that simply.

Everything is done based on 6 month contracts. After 6 months you get your principal back. If you want to do it again, then you do another 6 month contract. That way you don't have your capital sitting there for too long.

This is a capital gain, which is basically income, so you are responsible for claiming your profit and paying the respective taxes on it.

It is actually pretty fun watching money grow...
Unread 2014-08-04, 02:20 PM   #94
Roman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
For anyone that puts in 10,000 - 100,000, I will pay 24% apr, it is that simply.
Mmm, so enticing...Do you have a company/website set up?s
Unread 2014-08-04, 02:45 PM   #95
TAILWAG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Mmm, so enticing...Do you have a company/website set up?s
Nope, just run it as personal loans for investments.
Unread 2014-08-04, 08:47 PM   #96
nist7seven

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 36
Dislikes (Received): 2

Quote:

4. Try Lending Club?
1. hands down. I would definitely go for the VTSMX. Low cost index funds for the long-haul. Get fair share of the market. Don't panic when market "crashes" instead keep to your asset allocation and stay in for the long haul.

http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Bogle...g_start-up_kit

More important than what specific investment you want to put your money in. Make sure to look at the big picture.

Develop a investment policy statement. What is your asset allocation? How much in equity vs bonds vs cash vs other. How much to allocate to foreign stocks in the equity? What types of bonds? individual or fund? Treasuries only? TIPS? Junk bonds? For cash/emergencies...CDs or money market or high interest savings account?

Also consider tax efficient strategies as well.

Last edited by nist7seven; 2014-08-04 at 08:54 PM..
nist7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-10, 01:47 AM   #97
Roman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by nist7seven View Post
1. hands down. I would definitely go for the VTSMX. Low cost index funds for the long-haul. Get fair share of the market. Don't panic when market "crashes" instead keep to your asset allocation and stay in for the long haul.

http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Bogle...g_start-up_kit

More important than what specific investment you want to put your money in. Make sure to look at the big picture.

Develop a investment policy statement. What is your asset allocation? How much in equity vs bonds vs cash vs other. How much to allocate to foreign stocks in the equity? What types of bonds? individual or fund? Treasuries only? TIPS? Junk bonds? For cash/emergencies...CDs or money market or high interest savings account?

Also consider tax efficient strategies as well.
Anyone else? I can even go for some de-constructive criticism )))
Unread 2014-08-10, 06:15 PM   #98
jasman18

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has already told you numerous GOOD ideas. If you still have it laying around you obviously don't listen
Unread 2014-08-14, 04:28 PM   #99
Hibidi-Shibidi
Delivers

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 140
Likes (Given): 33
Likes (Received): 932
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 18

So from what I'm seeing, Lending Club will not work out of Kansas at all and you have to go through a website called Folio Investing on the Missouri side.

I through $300 in to it to see if I could play around a little with it.

Anyone have any input?
Hibidi-Shibidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-08-14, 08:55 PM   #100
jasman18

Post Thanks / Like

I am on the Kansas side and investing with LC works just fine.
You are correct that you cannot use Folio.
Folio is used if you want to sell your notes early before maturity.
I was unable to sign up for Folio because you have to scan your drivers license.
jasman18 is offline   Reply With Quote