Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > Video & Photography

Unread 2019-03-02, 06:46 PM   #126
redline5.0

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 34
Likes (Given): 126
Likes (Received): 286
Dislikes (Given): 13
Dislikes (Received): 18

I would rethink the rxt clutch unless you have your mt82 built. The rxt has no slip and will destroy that mt82. The one thing I regretted when I built my yote was that clutch.
Unread 2019-03-03, 04:16 AM   #127
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 488
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 4145
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline5.0 View Post
I would rethink the rxt clutch unless you have your mt82 built. The rxt has no slip and will destroy that mt82. The one thing I regretted when I built my yote was that clutch.

There's soooo many conflicting opinions on that I just flipped a coin and went with the RXT. I think the best overall route will eventually be to send it to Calimer for a stage 3 build, but for now I just need something to get me by.

This build has already broke the budget, so I'm probably going to just source whatever my solution will be so that it's ready to go once that mt82 bites the dust. I don't want a long down time when this is inevitable
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-03-07, 03:47 PM   #128
redline5.0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
There's soooo many conflicting opinions on that I just flipped a coin and went with the RXT. I think the best overall route will eventually be to send it to Calimer for a stage 3 build, but for now I just need something to get me by.

This build has already broke the budget, so I'm probably going to just source whatever my solution will be so that it's ready to go once that mt82 bites the dust. I don't want a long down time when this is inevitable
Good luck, the clutch rocks for sure but she's a bad bitch on that mt82. Unless I missed it are you building the bottom end at all? Curious if you are what parts your going with, I built mine 3-4 years ago and curious to see what you picked out.
Unread 2019-03-07, 04:39 PM   #129
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Good luck, the clutch rocks for sure but she's a bad bitch on that mt82. Unless I missed it are you building the bottom end at all? Curious if you are what parts your going with, I built mine 3-4 years ago and curious to see what you picked out.

It’s turned into an all in build. Sleeved block, the works. I’ll have to get the parts list from my builder as I’ve honestly never done this and wanted him to do the research and pick the right setup. But it’s everything from cams, sleeves, pistons, rods, rings, crank, etc..

I told him he had the budget needed to do it right. The end game is to lean more towards long term reliability over pushing the power limits, but still capable of north of 1000whp. Lower compression than we could have went with, and I told him to tune it with whatever fuel he sees fit and I’ll deal with it.
Unread 2019-03-28, 02:17 PM   #130
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Well here was the reality of #4-

Once we replaced the spark plug she was running fine, but then once the tear down was complete reality struck.
Unread 2019-05-24, 04:10 PM   #131
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Unless I missed it are you building the bottom end at all? Curious if you are what parts your going with, I built mine 3-4 years ago and curious to see what you picked out.

Here are a few items I took pics of a couple of weeks ago when I went to check in-

Custom Coated Diamond Pistons- 10.5:1

Manley Pro-Series I Beam Rods

Head Studs

Cam Shafts

Custom grind Bullet cams
Unread 2019-05-27, 12:45 AM   #132
redline5.0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Here are a few items I took pics of a couple of weeks ago when I went to check in-

Custom Coated Diamond Pistons- 10.5:1

Manley Pro-Series I Beam Rods

Head Studs

Cam Shafts

Custom grind Bullet cams
Looks good, cams are kind of pointless on the coyotes specially when your going boost and have vvt. I did cams when I was going for a max effort na build and just ended up being a bigger pain in the ass to tune.

Not sure if its to late but if you can I would also upgrade the timing chain tensioners, you can get the boss ones for cheap. When I built my motor one of the tensioners decided it never wanted to pump back up right and had to pull the front timing cover again. Also assuming your doing the billet crank sprocket and oil pump gears while your in there?
Unread 2019-05-27, 01:06 AM   #133
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Looks good, cams are kind of pointless on the coyotes specially when your going boost and have vvt. I did cams when I was going for a max effort na build and just ended up being a bigger pain in the ass to tune.

Not sure if its to late but if you can I would also upgrade the timing chain tensioners, you can get the boss ones for cheap. When I built my motor one of the tensioners decided it never wanted to pump back up right and had to pull the front timing cover again. Also assuming your doing the billet crank sprocket and oil pump gears while your in there?

We are actually getting rid of VVT. I want a nice loping idle sound, and to do so without some silly ghost cam tune that seems to be the best way to accomplish that and maximize the benefits of upgraded cams.

The right cams on a boosted setup should yield nice results

I didn’t list the entire parts list, but yes we are of course upgrading the crank sprocket and OPGs

Last edited by jwdb1fish; 2019-05-27 at 01:25 AM..
Unread 2019-05-27, 05:15 PM   #134
redline5.0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
We are actually getting rid of VVT. I want a nice loping idle sound, and to do so without some silly ghost cam tune that seems to be the best way to accomplish that and maximize the benefits of upgraded cams.

The right cams on a boosted setup should yield nice results

I didnít list the entire parts list, but yes we are of course upgrading the crank sprocket and OPGs
Cool ya it should sound pretty bad ass and locking the cams won't bother you much with boost. I did try lockouts on my cams and they sounded good but sucked ass na because I had no low end but she made power all the way to 8500 lol. Will be a cool build for sure
Unread 2019-05-28, 10:31 AM   #135
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Iím getting excited!

Weíre ate keepong the six pound springs in it for now, and will tune it to 8 pound on low boost and 12 pounds on high boost. Tuner said she should be good for ~700whp on the low setting and just north of 800whp on the 12#.

Iím not going to turn it up until next year once I get the suspension dialed in and drag pack weeks/tires.

We are going to spray it up to 1000whp when tuning it just so I can have that four digit dyno sheet to bench race with
Unread 2019-05-28, 02:07 PM   #136
redline5.0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Iím getting excited!

Weíre ate keepong the six pound springs in it for now, and will tune it to 8 pound on low boost and 12 pounds on high boost. Tuner said she should be good for ~700whp on the low setting and just north of 800whp on the 12#.

Iím not going to turn it up until next year once I get the suspension dialed in and drag pack weeks/tires.

We are going to spray it up to 1000whp when tuning it just so I can have that four digit dyno sheet to bench race with
I don't know much about the on3 kits but I would think you should be able to get close to 1000whp without nitrous but I could be wrong. Only kits I was following back then were big single kits like cpr. +1 for not turning it up and just having fun, I'm curious how long that stock mt82 with the rxt and boost lasts. I was running the hoosier qtp's slicks and man they hooked nasty on the street, that was what a couple of boosted mustang guys recommended me to run. Did you do the sway bar relocation brackets in the back so you can run a 10" wheel, I believe I still have a brand new upr relocation bracket kit if I didn't toss it.
Unread 2019-05-28, 02:40 PM   #137
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I don't know much about the on3 kits but I would think you should be able to get close to 1000whp without nitrous but I could be wrong. Only kits I was following back then were big single kits like cpr. +1 for not turning it up and just having fun, I'm curious how long that stock mt82 with the rxt and boost lasts. I was running the hoosier qtp's slicks and man they hooked nasty on the street, that was what a couple of boosted mustang guys recommended me to run. Did you do the sway bar relocation brackets in the back so you can run a 10" wheel, I believe I still have a brand new upr relocation bracket kit if I didn't toss it.

It will get every bit of 1000 to the wheels between the engine weíve built and the turbo kit. Just not wanting to turn it up until I get used to the power and have the suspension dialed in so I donít put it inthe ditch. Just making a nitrous hit on the dyno for the hell of it.

As of now Iíve done nothing with the suspension. This summer Iím just going to roll race and take it easy. I am also currently financing my daughterís wedding so that is restricting my budget right now.

Next spring Iíll finish the build and turn it up to kill and see what sheís got.