Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2014-01-21, 02:41 PM   #1
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Default The Dark Tower

Aaron Paul Has Had Meetings About Playing 'Eddie Dean' In THE DARK TOWER

Well, it seems Ron Howard's vision for a big/small screen adaptation of Stephen King's Dark Tower is not only alive and well, but might just have Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul attached to play one of the main characters. Read on for more.

It's been a while since we heard anything substantial regarding Ron Howard's ambitious take on The Dark Tower, but now almost by chance we have an update from an actor who may well be involved in the production. While chatting to Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad, Need For Speed) at Sundance about his new film Hellion, AICN's Quint mentions that he's always thought he'd make a great Eddie Dean in a Dark Tower adaptation, and not only does Paul confirm that one is still on the cards, but also reveals he's had "a ton of meetings" regarding that very role. Here's the guts of their conversation.

Quint: For what it’s worth when I watched the first season of Breaking Bad I immediately thought you’d be perfect as Eddie Dean in a Dark Tower movie. I don’t know if you’ve read those books…

Aaron Paul: I have not read them all. He shows up midway through the second book, right?

Quint: Yes. I know it’s typecasting a little bit, but you’d be my choice for the part.

Aaron Paul: Thank you. I’ve had a ton of meetings on that. I just had a general sit down with Ron Howard, who is a huge fan of the show (Breaking Bad, naturally), which is such a crazy thing to even think that Ron Howard even knows who I am. They’re definitely planning on making it.

Quint: It's such a tough series to crack, man. I don't envy them trying to make it work.

Aaron Paul: I'm excited. Their goal is to do three films, but also have a television element to it, which will be very interesting. From what I hear, Eddie Dean is a pretty epic, iconic character.[/INDENT]
When Paul is told that it's a great role and he should not turn it down when it's offered, the actor replies that he "definitely will not". Interesting stuff indeed. For those unfamiliar with the character, Edward "Eddie" Cantor Dean is a 23 year old former heroine addict and a member of The Gunslinger Roland Deschain's second "ka-tet". As Quint mentions, it almost would be type casting for Paul to play him...but at the same time there's no denying that he would be perfect for the role! What do you guys think?

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-01-21, 02:55 PM   #2
Solomon

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 32
Likes (Given): 317
Likes (Received): 206
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 7

I think he'd be great for that role.
Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-01-21, 03:57 PM   #3
icemangsr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 74
Thanks (Received): 68
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 426
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 10

This is awesome news. I hope the films happen. Books are great!

icemangsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-01-21, 08:14 PM   #4
Immaculate

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see him as Eddie Dean at all. Eddie was an older character when we first encounter him on the plane. I love Aaron Paul but I just don't like the look, and I honestly don't know if he has the chops to play Eddie.

Not to mention who will play Roland? That's an extremely tough casting job.

"Before him he carries noise, and behind him he leaves tears: Death, that dark spirit, in his nervy arm doth lie;
Which, being advanced, declines, and then men die" The Tragedy of Coriolanus. Shakespeare
Immaculate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-01-21, 08:21 PM   #5
Immaculate

Post Thanks / Like

I think Sam Rockwell would do nicely.

"Before him he carries noise, and behind him he leaves tears: Death, that dark spirit, in his nervy arm doth lie;
Which, being advanced, declines, and then men die" The Tragedy of Coriolanus. Shakespeare
Unread 2014-01-21, 08:30 PM   #6
Immaculate

Post Thanks / Like

After some research it looks like Russel Crowe is being mentioned. If he loses some weight and looks slim I think he MIGHT be a good choice. It's just such a complex character and story that it's going to be nearly impossible to nail.

And there is no way they fit 7 books into one movie. It will have to be like LOTR in the sense that it's a series of movies.

Unread 2014-01-21, 09:44 PM   #7
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Is Liam Neeson Interested In 'Gunslinger' Role In Ron Howard's THE DARK TOWER?

The Schmoes' "Phantom" scooper is back with some exciting news..this time revolving around the long gestating adaptation of Stephen King's hugely popular series of fantasy/horror novels. He reckons Neeson is interested in a role, and it's likely the lead role of Roland "The Gunslinger" Deschain.

Earlier today we reported that Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul has had a "ton of meetings" regarding the role of Eddie Dean in Ron Howard's take on The Dark Tower. Now obviously if actors are taking meetings, that means there's finally some movement on the ambitious movie/tv crossover adaptation, so The Schmoes did some digging and turned up the following.

"Ron Howard is going to make this with MRC and Imagine for around 6 million or so. And he’s likely doing this next. There’s going to be a TV series as well since it’s MRC and I’m thinking it may end up being at Netflix."

Oh, and one more thing he hears Liam Neeson is interested. Now he didn't elaborate, so we're just assuming it's for the lead role of Roland Dechain..after all there aren't really any other main roles Neeson could play. That's all we got for now - but The Schmoes have been on point with their scoops thus far so expect to hear something further on all things Dark Tower pretty soon. For now, could anyone possibly have a problem with Neeson playing Roland?

Unread 2014-01-21, 09:47 PM   #8
Solomon

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 32
Likes (Given): 317
Likes (Received): 206
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
Not to mention who will play Roland? That's an extremely tough casting job.
I've been thinking about this on and off today. I can't come up with anything. It will be interesting to see who they choose.
Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-11-16, 10:55 PM   #9
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Matthew McConaughey Eyed For A Role In The Dark Tower, Get The Details

It wasn't too long ago that Academy Award winner Matthew McConaughey was being sought after for the role as the lead villain in the feature film adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand. They just might get it too, as Ron Howard and Brian Grazer now want McConaughey for their King flavored project, The Dark Tower; and for a role that's connected to both franchises.

McConaughey has been offered not one, but two roles in the would-be franchise, which is currently set up at Sony. Ultimately though, it's actor's choice on this part, and rarely do you ever hear of an actor being offered the actual choice to work as an agent of good or evil. The good" role is, of course, Roland Deschain, also known as the legendary "Gunslinger" the first book in the series takes its name from. While we're not surprised that this is one of the roles that the actor has been offered, the second role reported is the one that really has us going. The Wrap has named that second part as the "Man In Black," which may not sound significant on the outside, but to those who are familiar with King lore will recognize that this is one of many guises taken by Randall Flagg – King's baddie supreme, and the villain of The Stand.

Strangely enough, this was the exact same role that Matthew McConaughey was offered when he was being approached to star in the mini-series adaptation of The Stand, which is currently set up at Warner Bros. With the famous character taking several different guises throughout Stephen King's various works, it's easy for these two projects to remain separate entities. However, as we've seen with Sony's lending of the Spider-Man character out to Marvel Studios, there's a chance that the studio could co-operate in the same fashion this time around, and possibly deliver McConaughey to the Josh Boone directed mini-series.

Of course, this isn't discounting the fact that Roland Deschain would be a more than perfect fit for the weathered, yet handsome looks of McConaughey's cowboy persona. Reuniting Matthew McConaughey and his previous EdTV director, Ron Howard, would be a hell of a joy too – as both gave gained even more professional ground since their last pairing. Also, to see McConaughey saddling up and kicking ass through a fantasy/western wasteland is something that sits so well with us, we're already signing up for riding lessons. Or, at the very least, contacting friends to plan to be first in line opening day.

Curiously enough, one big detail that still remains somewhat of a mystery in these conversations is the possibility of spreading the seven book adaptation through the realms of TV and Cinema, as the entire run was originally proposed as alternating between both mediums with each passing installment. As of the recent report, a "companion series" has been proposed, though it's uncertain whether this series would be a spin-off of original content, or a way to tell side stories that won't involve McConaughey's Roland. It's not like Matthew McConaughey is a stranger to both television and films, but you'd have to imagine that his schedule would be extremely limited, should he be totally involved on both ends.

Unread 2015-12-10, 09:46 AM   #10
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Idris Elba Frontrunner For Lead Role In Film Adaptation Of Stephen King's The Dark Tower

According to Deadline, Idris Elba (Pacific Rim, Luther) is the frontrunner to land the starring role of Roland Deschain in the film adaptation of Stephen King's seminal work The Dark Tower series.
It will be directed by Nikolaj Arcel (A Royal Affair). Matthew McConaughey is still in negotiations with Sony Pictures and Media Rights Capital to play the villainous Walter Padick, aka the Man in Black.
The Dark Tower is expected to be the first of a series of films based on the book series. Deadline adds, "First installment of The Dark Tower focuses on the first book in the series, The Gunslinger, establishing the relationship between Roland and young protege Jake Chambers."
The Dark Tower series tells the story of Roland Deschain, Mid-World’s last gunslinger, who is traveling southeast across Mid-World’s post-apocalyptic landscape, searching for the powerful but elusive magical edifice known as The Dark Tower. Located in the fey region of End-World, amid a sea of singing red roses, the Dark Tower is the nexus point of the time-space continuum. It is the heart of all worlds, but it is also under threat. Someone, or something, is using the evil technology of the Great Old Ones to destroy it. - stephenking.com

Unread 2016-02-18, 04:32 PM   #11
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

FURY ROAD's Abbey Lee In Talks For THE DARK TOWER; Idris Elba & Matthew McConaughey Confirmed

Abbey Lee is in negotiations to play the female lead in the big-screen adaptation of The Dark Tower. Plus, it sounds like Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey have been confirmed for their roles...

Coming off her role as one of the "Five Wives" in George Miller's Mad Max: Fury Road, Aussie actress and model Abbey Lee has apparently been offered the female lead role of Tirana in Sony Pictures and MRC's adaptation of the first novel in Stephen King's The Dark Tower saga. The trades report that Idris Elba is also officially on board as The Gunslinger himself, Roland Deschain, and Matthew McConaughey will play the villainous Man in Black.

Tirana is not a major character in King's novels, so we can probably expect some pretty big changes to the plot if she's been upgraded to female lead.

Unread 2016-03-01, 10:35 AM   #12
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Official: THE DARK TOWER Will Star Idris Elba As 'The Gunslinger' & Matthew McConaughey As 'The Man In Black'

Though the Abbey Lee casting report seemed to confirm their involvement, Stephen King has now officially announced that Elba and McConaughey will star in the big screen adaptation of his Dark Tower saga...

Sony's ambitious adaptation of Stephen King's incredibly popular series of sci-fi/fantasy novels, The Dark Tower saga, is due to begin shooting in about seven weeks time in South Africa, and the author (via EW) has officially announced that the long-rumored leads are now locked in:

Idris Elba will play Roland Deschain/The Gunslinger, while Matthew McConaughey will portray his demonic nemesis, Walter O’Dim, AKA the Man In Black.

King sent the below Tweet just before EW made the announcement, and he has also revealed that the first line of the novel that he quotes here will actually open the movie, too.

It's official: The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed. #DarkTowerMovie @McConaughey @IdrisElba
— Stephen King (@StephenKing) March 1, 2016
Mouse over video for audio

However, that doesn't mean this film will be a direct adaptation of the first novel in the series, The Gunslinger. Director Nikolaj Arcel tells EW that the movie will be set in our time and "the modern world", while King adds: "[The movie] starts in media res, in the middle of the story instead of at the beginning, which may upset some of the fans a little bit, but they’ll get behind it, because it is the story.”

Unread 2016-03-01, 11:17 AM   #13
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

The Dark Tower Is Officially Happening, With A Major Twist

An adaptation of Stephen King’s eponymous The Dark Tower series has been in the works for as long as we can remember, and the biggest question about the project has always been, “How?” How can Hollywood condense all the material in the seven books of King’s mighty Dark Tower series into one film – or even a series of films. The Harry Potter franchise is an exception that only proves how difficult of a task it actually can be Well, now we’re finding out that the adaptation won’t start with The Gunslinger, because it isn’t starting at the beginning of King’s narrative.

Wait, what? Let’s back up, just a tad. Stephen King and The Dark Tower director Nikolaj Arcel sat down for a lengthy conversation with EW about the impending start of production on the long-awaited adaptation. And while King confirmed that the opening line of The Gunslinger would be the opening line of the movie (“The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.”), we’re not starting with a straight adaptation of the 1982 novel The Gunslinger, that kicked off this saga. Don’t get worked up, Tower fans. As King explains:
[The movie] starts in media res, in the middle of the story instead of at the beginning, which may upset some of the fans a little bit, but they’ll get behind it, because it is the story.
I don’t love hearing that, to be honest, but in King, we must trust. The Gunslinger does a proper job of introducing the character of Roland, a veteran cowboy (gunslinger, in King’s terms) who is locked on a journey to reach the Dark Tower of the title. The Man in Black stands in his way, and along the way, Roland picks up three key allies (and a billy bumbler named Oy) who make great sacrifices to push Roland along his “beam,” or path to the Tower.

Stephen King and director Nikolaj Arcel reveal several important details in that EW article, and Dark Tower enthusiasts will want to carve out time today to read it through. Meanwhile, over on social media, the stars of the movie are starting to trade incentives. Seriously, this casting couldn’t be more perfect. Our new Roland, the brilliant Idris Elba, teased Matthew McConaughey with this Tweet:
.@McConaughey you have one new follower. #DarkTowerMovie https://t.co/5fSKF02C7I
— Idris Elba (@idriselba) March 1, 2016
To which McConaughey replied:
.@idriselba come and get me, I look forward to it. #DarkTowerMovie https://t.co/4gxqm2GPo3
— Matthew McConaughey (@McConaughey) March 1, 2016
Goosebumps.

The Dark Tower plans to begin shooting in the next few weeks, aiming for a January 13, 2017 release date. What do you think about the movies starting in the middle of the story? Are you excited to see Roland and his ka-tet finally making it to the big screen?

Unread 2016-03-01, 11:28 AM   #14
BrixDaddy

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 134
Likes (Received): 137
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 1

Just started reading this series and am pretty excited about this. I'm kinda curious as to why they aren't going in order with these.
Unread 2016-03-11, 09:23 AM   #15
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

THE DARK TOWER Finds Its 'Jake Chambers'

The first member of Roland Deschain’s (Idris Elba) ka-tet has been cast, as young Tom Taylor (BBC's Doctor Foster, TNT's Legends) has signed on to play the key role of Jake Chambers in Nikolaj Arcel's big-screen adaptation of Stephen King's The Dark Tower saga.

Variety reports that Tom Taylor has joined the cast of Sony and MRC's adaptation of The Dark Tower as Jake Chambers: a young boy who joins the Gunslinger on his quest to hunt down the demonic Man in Black.

Jake is the first member of Roland Dechain's "kat-tet" (a group of individuals brought together by a mysterious force known as ka), which also includes the principal characters of Eddie and Susannah Dean, and Father Callahan.

So far the cast also includes Idris Elba as Roland, Matthew McConaughey as the Man in Black, and Abbey Lee as (possibly) Tirana. The Dark Tower is set for release on February 17, 2017.

Unread 2016-04-14, 05:24 PM   #16
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

The Dark Tower Casts Jackie Earle Haley in Another Villain Role

Jackie Earle Haley is very busy and very in-demand right now. While the actor is playing the recurring character of Odin Quincannon in the AMC TV show Preacher, adapted from a comic book, and will appear as The Terror in the Amazon TV show The Tick, adapted from a comic book, he's also been cast as Richard Sayre in The Dark Tower, a film adapted from a book series by Stephen King.
The actor's character helps confirm that The Dark Tower will not be a film adaptation of just the first book in the seven book (eight with a later spin-off) series, "The Gunslinger," but will instead cover a much larger portion of the story, perhaps adapting the entire 7-book and worlds-spanning epic in one film. Either that, or the film will be pulling in characters from much later in the series for cameos or set-up for future film adaptations.
Sayre didn't show up until book five, Wolves of the Calla. He's also one of the more complicated characters to adapt to film. The Dark Tower series of books crossover into many of Stephen King's other novels, and Sayre interacts directly with Father Callahan, who first appeared in King's "Salem's Lot." Sayre is also a Low man or Can-Toi, who appear in "Hearts in Atlantis," and are mentioned in "Desperation."
Just how Sayre, who in the "Dark Tower" books (again, he only appears in books 5, 6, and 7) also leads a Vampire clan and has an extremely pivotal role in what brings about the end game for Roland Deschain (Idris Elba), but not until the final book, will play in the movie remains to be seen. He's the second character cast from the back half of the book series, as Abbey Lee was cast as a relatively minor character named Tirana, another one of the Low Men known as the Regulators, who don't appear until those later books.

Unread 2016-04-27, 09:00 PM   #17
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

VIKINGS Actress Katheryn Winnick Joins Idris Elba & Matthew McConaughey In THE DARK TOWER

Though many fans want to see her as Captain Marvel, Katheryn Winnick's next gig will be an undisclosed role in Sony and MRC’s adaptation of Stephen King's acclaimed The Dark Tower saga...

She's been a fan-favorite pick to play Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel for a while now, but according to Variety Vikings star Katheryn Winnick has signed on to star in director Nikolaj Arcel's adaptation of The Dark Tower.

The news has since been confirmed by THR, but neither trade mentions who she'll be playing so we assume it's being kept under wraps. My guess is Allie the bartender, as she's really the only prominent female character in the first novel.

Whoever Winnick winds up portraying, she'll join Idris Elba as Roland Deschain, Matthew McConaughey as The Man In Black, and Tom Taylor as Jake Chambers.

Unread 2016-06-30, 08:24 PM   #18
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Matthew McConaughey Sports Long Nails on 'Dark Tower' Set

Matthew McConaughey walks around in all black while filming scenes on location for his upcoming movie The Dark Tower on Thursday afternoon (June 30) in New York City.
The 46-year-old actor is playing the role of “Man in Black” in the adaptation of the Stephen King novel. The movie is set to hit theaters on February 17, 2017.

Matthew appeared to have long fingernails while on set – perhaps a choice for the character?
35+ pictures inside of Matthew McConaughey on set…
Just Jared on Facebook

Unread 2016-06-30, 08:25 PM   #19
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Unread 2016-10-11, 04:43 PM   #20
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

The Leaked Dark Tower Trailer Has a Lot of Modern Day New York City in It

Today, a very rough version of a trailer for the movie adaptation of Dark Tower leaked. It’s clearly a long way away from being ready to be seen by actual audiences, but it still tells us a bit more about the way this movie is updating Stephen King’s series.

The trailer focuses much more on Jake Chambers (Tom Taylor) than on either of the bigger stars in the movie: Idris Elba as Roland Deschain and Matthew McConaughey as Walter Padick (the man in black).
In the original book published in 1982, Jake’s original home time period was 1977. Unsurprisingly, that’s been updated to New York City in the 2010s. In the trailer, we see that Jake is having a number of dreams/visions that cause him to draw a) a dark tower b) a gunslinger and c) a man in black. Jake walks down a street, and sees a threatening figure. If there were more cars around, this would be very clearly a reference to one of his book fates.

Jake tells his therapist he sees “fire, darkness, a man in black” every night and “millions of people, they die.” He continues, “I feel like I’m supposed to do something, I don’t know what that is.”
He also has a drawing that leads him to a house that contains technology that opens a portal to what I’m assuming is the movie version of Mid-world. He jumps through the portal, so I’m also guessing the original way that Jake ends up encountering Roland in the books (by dying) has been altered a bit for the movie. More than that, the weird “visions” that Jake is having could be this film’s way of showing him remembering the timeline where he died by being pushed into traffic and living in the timeline where he continues to live.
All of which would mean that this movie has a lot more of The Waste Lands in it than the first book, The Gunslinger. We’ve always known that the plot of the first book wasn’t forming the spine of this one and that the fourth book didn’t fit the “modern day” bill. So maybe the third book is the one that holds the most clues to how the movie will look.

After he activates the device, Jake meets Roland in a desert where he has fallen. Roland asks who he is, and James says that his dreams told him that Roland was the only one who could defeat the Man in Black. We see Roland shoot with a gun in each hand in what looks like a forest and in a burning village of some kind. He and James travel together a lot—on a beach, down a street in New York City. But we don’t see the father-son bond the two developed in the books.
“Did you tell the kid that everyone who walks with you dies by my hand?” asks Walter. He’s in some kind of library when he says it. And the there’s a shot of him grabbing a woman’s face and covering her mouth. Like killers do so that they can’t scream. We also see Walter walking around modern New York—there is a lot more New York City than Mid-land in this trailer.

The beginning of the trailer, which focuses on Jake and his dreams, has psychological thriller feel to it. It’s helped along by the use of a whispery, piano-backed version of The Who’s “Behind Blue Eyes.” The end of the trailer is much more action-based. With fire and gun play and a big old monster roaring. “The war ended, and we lost,” says Roland to Jake on a roof in New York City.
Jake: “Your world might be gone, but mine isn’t.”
But the best part of the trailer, from a fan perspective, is the very end where Idris Elba’s voice saying part of the Gunslinger Litany: “I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not kill with my gun. I kill with my heart.” Even unfinished, the trailer is pretty exciting. Mostly Elba, who knows how to fill a screen with his presence. However, there needs to be more McConaughey as the man in black to make it really satisfying.

Unread 2016-12-09, 12:14 AM   #21
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Roland Deschain And The Man In Black Face-Off In This New Image From THE DARK TOWER

A new still from the upcoming big-screen adaptation of Stephen King's The Dark Tower has been released, featuring the villainous Man in Black (Matthew McConaughey) and The Gunslinger (Idris Elba)...

A new official still from The Dark Tower has found its way online, and it's a pretty damn cool one. The pic features Idris Elba's Roland Deschain burning a hole through Matthew McConaughey's evil Man in Black, AKA Walter O'Dim, AKA Randall Flagg, AKA... ah you get the idea - the dude's got a lot of names.

The villain doesn't look particularly worried here, but he probably should be.

We're not sure where the image originated, but we picked it up via BirthMoviesDeath. Hopefully this is a sign that promotion for the film is about to kick up a notch.

Unread 2017-03-19, 04:31 PM   #22
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

The First Poster For THE DARK TOWER Takes Us On A Mind-Bending Trip To New York City

The first trailer for The Dark Tower is expected to be released at some point this week, but in the meantime, we have a very cool poster pitting Idris Elba's Roland Deschain against The Man in Black...

The Dark Tower was originally set to be released last month, but Sony later decided to push it back to July. That pointed to the studio being confident in the Stephen King adaptation being a summer blockbuster, though the wait for the trailer being even longer has been agonising for fans of the novels. Well, it now appears as it's on the way as the first poster for the movie is also finally here.

As you can see, the trippy piece features Roland Deschain and Jake Chambers at the bottom, while The Man in Black is joined by Sayre and another mysterious bad buy. However, if you think the placement of these characters is totally random, then look again; The Gunslinger and Jake are clearly standing in front of the outline of The Dark Tower! It's a surprisingly cool bit of imagery. What do you think?

Unread 2017-03-28, 10:22 AM   #23
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

We Have Seen the First Footage From The Dark Tower

The Dark Tower will hit theaters in July but a trailer has yet to be released. Well, that changed at CinemaCon 2017 where Sony showed about four minutes from the film—a featurette leading into a trailer and an extended scene. Here’s what happened in the footage.
The whole thing starts with an isolated doorway mysteriously placed in a flaming wasteland. It has the number “1919" on it. Next, there are shots of The Gunslinger, Roland (Idris Elba), and Jake (Tom Taylor) walking along some cliffs. That is followed by concept art of an orange sky with the Dark Tower looming. We see the modern city of New York from above with a huge shadow falling over it. There is a showdown between Roland and the Man in Black (Matthew McConaughey) in a wooded area. Roland shoots at him as the Man in Black walks away, but the Man in Black catches Roland’s bullet behind his back and says, “The Tower will fall, Roland.”
Now into the trailer, which starts with Jake having dreams. He’s in bed but his whole room shakes. Next, he’s talking to a psychologist about the dreams. As he tells him about the other worlds he dreams of we see Jake in his room with a huge wall of drawings of all kinds of things from The Dark Tower series. In the psychologist’s office is a photo of the Overlook Hotel.

Jake has a feeling that he needs to go into a house in New York. We know this as Dutch Hill Mansion from the third book of the Dark Tower series, The Waste Lands. But unlike how it plays out in the book, Jake walks into the house and simply and calmly finds a portal. He jumps through the portal and boom, he’s in another world. In this vast, desolate world, you can see two or three planets on the horizon, extremely close. Roland finds him and Jake knows who he is. He even has a drawing of him. He’s dreamt of the Gunslinger before.
Next we see Jake and Roland walking past what looks like a pile of debris in the shape of a spaceship. Jake asks Roland about the Man in Black: “Is he like the devil?” “The devil is a dog he would kick,” says Roland. We see the Man in Black run his hand over a man’s face and kill him.
Now we kick into a montage. Lots of action here, most of which involves lots of Roland shooting his guns, which, at one point, have sections that are glowing blue. He loads the guns incredibly, incredibly quickly and his belt is lined with magazines of bullets. We see Roland jumping through the air shooting. Next, he shows down in a hallway with the Man in Black. Roland shoots glass above him, but the Man in Black stops it and shoots it at Roland. Roland then runs and slides on his knees under it the glass.
That’s where the trailer ends but things continue. We see a town under siege. Maybe it’s Tull. Maybe it’s the Callas. We don’t know. What we do know is something evil takes Jake in a city that’s burning all around.
As Jake is dragged off by this mysterious villain, Roland waits. He listens. He hears a drop of blood. The clank of a wrench. He then lifts his gun and, without looking, fires. The bullet flies through a window, some clothes, and bam! Right into Jake’s captor.

That’s where the footage ended. It looked like a huge amalgamation of all of Stephen King’s books with plenty of original story worked in. This is not a straight adaptation. No, it’s a new take on this story. Almost an alternate dimension. And while fans of the books may be upset at the changes, the film has a certain epic, mythical look.
The Dark Tower is scheduled to open on July 28.

Unread 2017-05-02, 04:47 PM   #24
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome THE DARK TOWER Character Posters Pit The Gunslinger Against The Man In Black

Two new character posters for The Dark Tower have been released in the build up to the debut of the first trailer and they pit Idris Elba's Gunslinger against Matthew McConaughey's Man in Black.

If you haven't read Stephen King's epic series of novels revolving around The Dark Tower, attempting to spell the plot out to you in just a paragraph or two simply would not do it justice. Part Western and part sci-fi, it's an epic tale revolving around the battle between The Gunslinger and The Man in Black, and it's now coming to the big screen with Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey in those roles.

Serving as a sequel to/reboot of the novels (no bad thing after King arguably lost the plot with the finale), The Dark Tower looks set to launch a franchise both on the big and small screen, so if this first instalment is a hit, we can expect The Gunslinger to stick around for a very long time to come.

These new character posters put an emphasis on the war between the two as they both set their sights on the powerful structure the movie is named for and it appears as if we can finally expect the marketing campaign to kick off in a big way now. What do you guys think of these new posters?

Unread 2017-05-02, 04:48 PM   #25
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuTGUto9GnM