Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2020-01-03, 01:51 PM   #1
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 271
Likes (Given): 70
Likes (Received): 2009
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35
Default US vs Iran

So we offed an Iranian general. Now we're deploying additional forces to the region. Obviously Iran is going to retaliate. What's the target and will the conflict continue to escalate?

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-01-03, 02:11 PM   #2
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 174
Thanks (Received): 123
Likes (Given): 456
Likes (Received): 662
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36

the conflict will likely escalate because Trump wants to rally his base and he isn't capable of understanding when to stop or when its best to leave something alone.

we see it near weekly in the US where he won't just shut the fuck up and stop hurting himself so he continues to dig and make things worse. unless he's magically going to grow up/start acting like someone else, I don't see how he doesn't just continue to do the same thing to the entire country because he ego simply can't understand the concept of a perceived slight vs an actual harm nor can he accept that someone else may get "the last word".

Iran is going to need to save face so they are going to do something to a soft target somewhere (and that blood will be on Trump's hands) so then he'll feel the need to retaliate, etc. this is a major reason why the Framers required someone be of a certain age to be President, it was intended to keep actual grown ups in charge and away from using the military as a toy to just run around wrecking shit. except Trump hasn't progressed mentally since the age of 11 or 12 so the fact that he's a geriatric imbecile means the age requirement wasn't enough to protect us from this fate.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-01-03, 02:22 PM   #3
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakdna View Post
the conflict will likely escalate because Trump wants to rally his base and he isn't capable of understanding when to stop or when its best to leave something alone.

we see it near weekly in the US where he won't just shut the fuck up and stop hurting himself so he continues to dig and make things worse. unless he's magically going to grow up/start acting like someone else, I don't see how he doesn't just continue to do the same thing to the entire country because he ego simply can't understand the concept of a perceived slight vs an actual harm nor can he accept that someone else may get "the last word".

Iran is going to need to save face so they are going to do something to a soft target somewhere (and that blood will be on Trump's hands) so then he'll feel the need to retaliate, etc. this is a major reason why the Framers required someone be of a certain age to be President, it was intended to keep actual grown ups in charge and away from using the military as a toy to just run around wrecking shit. except Trump hasn't progressed mentally since the age of 11 or 12 so the fact that he's a geriatric imbecile means the age requirement wasn't enough to protect us from this fate.
So you see this as a political move rather than a military or national security move if I am reading this correctly?

Unread 2020-01-03, 02:35 PM   #4
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 35
Thanks (Received): 493
Likes (Given): 63
Likes (Received): 4162
Dislikes (Received): 125

Quote:

I realize that jumping to conclusions prior to the facts being released is your modus operandi, but Trump has clearly shown quite a bit of restraint the majority of his presidency, and in the Iran
situation has even called off an airstrike already underway.

Maybe you could set aside your partisan hot air campaign long enough for the facts to come out?
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-01-03, 02:54 PM   #5
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
So you see this as a political move rather than a military or national security move if I am reading this correctly?
if he hadn't already shown his hand in 2012 when he was so animated about Obama doing it to (in Trump's mind) help his re-election chances? I'd assume this was petulant Trump doing something stupid based primarily in a military manner. but he was so adamant that Obama attacking Iran (which he didn't do) would help him politically and he has been shown time and again to project so hard that it swings me back towards a wag the dog scenario.

I wouldn't necessarily be surprised either way really.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
Unread 2020-01-03, 03:02 PM   #6
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
I realize that jumping to conclusions prior to the facts being released is your modus operandi, but Trump has clearly shown quite a bit of restraint the majority of his presidency, and in the Iran
situation has even called off an airstrike already underway.
he reacts to every perceived provocation the same way. his narcissism and stupidity demand it. what facts are we supposed to be waiting for exactly? make the case as to what we need to learn before understanding how he reacts to attacks (perceived and real)

Quote:
Maybe you could set aside your partisan hot air campaign long enough for the facts to come out?
the great irony being you're asking me to set aside my partisanship when your inability to do so has you being a public, ardent supporter of a serial rapist dipshit that you likely wouldn't let be alone in a room with members of your family for an extended length of time. but I'm basing my opinion (not conclusion) on his long standing and very public patterns. so I have wanted for facts to come out about how he reacts to things and he continuously has shown himself incapable of being an adult and not hurting himself and his administration by not reacting to outside stimuli.
Unread 2020-01-03, 04:03 PM   #7
DanenGraham

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 35
Likes (Given): 38
Likes (Received): 260
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 4

I haven't kept up with it all. But wasn't there a rocket attack that killed an american contractor, then the US embassy attack, with some of the leaders of the groups being seen.

It was pretty obvious that things were about to pop off. Going on the offensive cant be a bad thing as it was already escalating???

Anyone got any good links to this stuff?
DanenGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-01-03, 04:31 PM   #8
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1374
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 29

Apparently there were other Iranian leaders at the Iraq airport with him that were also killed. There was a major attack that was planned and ready to be executed.

This was supposed to be preemptive to prevent the major attack. In other words, it was to prevent a Benghazi.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/02/middl...ets/index.html

Quote:
Pompeo told CNN that the strike had thwarted an "imminent" attack in the region, but declined to give any details on the intelligence on which he based his statement. Hook, who told Al Arabiya that he had seen "all of the intelligence" on the action, suggested that "American personnel and facilities in Lebanon, Iraq, Syria and beyond" were the planned targets.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)

Last edited by DIYAutoRepair; 2020-01-03 at 04:33 PM..
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-01-03, 04:38 PM   #9
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
he reacts to every perceived provocation the same way. his narcissism and stupidity demand it. what facts are we supposed to be waiting for exactly? make the case as to what we need to learn before understanding how he reacts to attacks (perceived and real)

the great irony being you're asking me to set aside my partisanship when your inability to do so has you being a public, ardent supporter of a serial rapist dipshit that you likely wouldn't let be alone in a room with members of your family for an extended length of time. but I'm basing my opinion (not conclusion) on his long standing and very public patterns. so I have wanted for facts to come out about how he reacts to things and he continuously has shown himself incapable of being an adult and not hurting himself and his administration by not reacting to outside stimuli.

Serial rapist? Man you dun got punch drunk on that Kool Aid

Bottom line is we don't have the facts and intel that was presented to Trump which triggered this response, and even if this was truly just in response to the attack on our embassy/contractor then I'm still fine with it.

These attacks can't be allowed to go on unchecked, or they will become more and more emboldened.

Also- Can you make it two consecutive posts now without mentioning Obama? Dig deep

Last edited by jwdb1fish; 2020-01-03 at 04:40 PM..
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-01-03, 04:59 PM   #10
TWEETY

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 222
Dislikes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Serial rapist? Man you dun got punch drunk on that Kool Aid

Bottom line is we don't have the facts and intel that was presented to Trump which triggered this response, and even if this was truly just in response to the attack on our embassy/contractor then I'm still fine with it.

These attacks can't be allowed to go on unchecked, or they will become more and more emboldened.

Also- Can you make it two consecutive posts now without mentioning Obama? Dig deep
Was kinda wondering how far up the ass he had to pull that one myself. I mean, Schiff/phreak...what is the difference at this point
Unread 2020-01-03, 05:23 PM   #11
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

sorry I was inarticulate... serial groper and just that one time he kinda sorta raped Ivana (per her court testimony).
I should've been more accurate so that the Trump apologists couldn't deflect from the point being raised that JW's blind partisanship allows him to wholly support someone that any decent father wouldn't allow to be alone in a room with his daughter for an extended time.

back to the substance though; Buddy asked if this will escalate, I pointed out that it likely will because Iran historically doesn't mind escalating and Trump has shown himself time and again too stupid to not respond to threats (real and perceived). why would facts about "why" Trump did this impact Iran's response or Trump's inability to act like a rational adult much less a world leader?

they may have thwarted the guy as his finger moved towards a button that would set off a dirty bomb or whatever "24" scenario you'd like to have Fox News paint in your mind but that's still almost certainly not going to impact how Iran responds and its not going to help Trump grow up after Iran acts so waiting for more facts about it doesn't impact either actor/reaction.
Unread 2020-01-03, 10:14 PM   #12
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 949
Thanks (Received): 344
Likes (Given): 6655
Likes (Received): 2826
Dislikes (Given): 135
Dislikes (Received): 138

This is fantastic.

Prior admin draws an imaginary "red line" in the sand. It gets crossed and nothing gets done.

Current admin puts country on very public (maybe the most public notice possible) to not fuck around or face consequences. Country doubles down, carries out attacks on our embassy (unprovoked, I might add) in another country. Current admin carries out on promise.

What's the problem?

The left outpouring for Iran is quite possibly the most funny thing I've witnessed in recent memory.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-01-04, 12:23 AM   #13
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Simple decision take out military leadership or drop palettes of cash on a runway to fu d the further killing of americans.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2020-01-04, 08:45 AM   #14
TWEETY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
sorry I was inarticulate... serial groper and just that one time he kinda sorta raped Ivana (per her court testimony).
I should've been more accurate so that the Trump apologists couldn't deflect from the point being raised that JW's blind partisanship allows him to wholly support someone that any decent father wouldn't allow to be alone in a room with his daughter for an extended time.

back to the substance though; Buddy asked if this will escalate, I pointed out that it likely will because Iran historically doesn't mind escalating and Trump has shown himself time and again too stupid to not respond to threats (real and perceived). why would facts about "why" Trump did this impact Iran's response or Trump's inability to act like a rational adult much less a world leader?

they may have thwarted the guy as his finger moved towards a button that would set off a dirty bomb or whatever "24" scenario you'd like to have Fox News paint in your mind but that's still almost certainly not going to impact how Iran responds and its not going to help Trump grow up after Iran acts so waiting for more facts about it doesn't impact either actor/reaction.
Wow, I swear I just heard these same words on CNN. Or was it MSNBC? No matter, its all the same regurgitation.

Last edited by TWEETY; 2020-01-04 at 08:48 AM..
TWEETY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-01-04, 10:53 AM   #15
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
This is fantastic.

Prior admin draws an imaginary "red line" in the sand. It gets crossed and nothing gets done.

Current admin puts country on very public (maybe the most public notice possible) to not fuck around or face consequences. Country doubles down, carries out attacks on our embassy (unprovoked, I might add) in another country. Current admin carries out on promise.

What's the problem?

The left outpouring for Iran is quite possibly the most funny thing I've witnessed in recent memory.

One of the nuts on CNN, and I quote- “right move, wrong Commander in Chief”.

You literally can’t make this stuff up.
Unread 2020-01-04, 11:56 AM   #16
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
What's the problem?

lol bullshit. no one in their right mind has sympathy for Iran. everyone with half a brain is concerned about the repercussions and the fact that this President doesn't think past the end of his nose, much less for the downstream impacts of an act like this.

feel free to think that this is entirely justified (and it may yet be shown to be) but at least have the courtesy to understand the entirely valid point being raised by Americans you see as "opponents"...

- Congress wasn't properly notified of a decision to kill a foreign political target that was made days in advance
- Foreign allies that immediately became targets for retaliation don't appear to have been notified either
- its highly unlikely that the Simpleton-in-Chief really gamed this one out and is therefore even more likely to be surprised by (and react to) future retaliation

that's the crux of much of the criticism of the move, I'd wager very little to almost none of it is actual sympathy for Iran or the general himself

edit*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWEETY View Post
Wow, I swear I just heard these same words on CNN. Or was it MSNBC? No matter, its all the same regurgitation.
yeah that was entirely me at the time. I don't have cable and don't read either of those sites much anymore. don't be surprised when people with fully-functioning brains come to the same general conclusions when presented with the same fact set. that used to be a good thing before modern conservatism turned intelligence into something to be shunned and mocked.

is this why you dipshits have decided to let the planet burn? "look at all those idiots... fucking eggheads are all saying the same thing about 'the reality of climate science'... clearly that means they don't know what they're talking about and are all wrong... must be a liberal conspiracy"

Last edited by phreakdna; 2020-01-04 at 12:03 PM..
Unread 2020-01-04, 03:13 PM   #17
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 144
Likes (Given): 235
Likes (Received): 792
Dislikes (Received): 26

If I wouldn't have predicted war with Iran the day Netanyahu manipulated Trump into pulling out of the Iran deal,

then almost 2 years ago pointed out the tweets Trump has saying Obama would attack Iran,

said that something would happen to interrupt the impeachment process,

then on the day Trump got impeached, predicted Trump would attack Iran while again pointing out his past tweets about Obama,

I might not think Trumps actions had ulterior motives.

Unread 2020-01-04, 03:15 PM   #18
JewelsMari

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 140
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 749
Likes (Received): 297
Dislikes (Received): 4

I just want to know how many of you are going to walk up to a guy - punch him - and then tell him you were just trying to stop a fight - so he shouldn’t hit you back.
Unread 2020-01-04, 03:37 PM   #19
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelsMari View Post
I just want to know how many of you are going to walk up to a guy - punch him - and then tell him you were just trying to stop a fight - so he shouldn’t hit you back.

That is exactly what Iran did by attacking our embassy. Only trump punched back.

Now its up to Iran to stop punching.
or call (913) 226-3806

Unread 2020-01-04, 04:07 PM   #20
TWEETY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
must be a liberal conspiracy"
Yes

Anyway, while I do have a little bit of disdain for Trump, I will repeat my opinion posted prior to the election.

Trumps worst enemy is his own mouth. It will get him in more trouble than anything else. (Iran included) I voted for him because I saw him as the lesser of two evils, as well as an outsider. Hillary would just continue the Washington machine that is currently trying their damn best to make life difficult for Trump. Which is making up shit from the time he announced his bid for office to current day.
The Washington machine has done very little for the American people and country for awhile now. Instead, lining their own pockets at the expense of our future (social security ring any bells?). I am CERTAIN many feel the same way about Trump. However, many of his actions speak directly to the contrary. He has donated every bit of his salary since he came into office to various agencies in our government. He has the backbone to standup AGAINST what used to be the Washington norm. And he is hated because of it. I have a lot respect for that Fuck You attitude he puts out there. Many of us average people do it everyday, just like he does. Difference is, he is in a position to actually accomplish things, regardless of all the politically correct crybabies out there trying to shoot him down.
Sure, He is riding an economic upturn wave created earlier, but would that wave have remained for anyone else to ride out like he has? He HAS done things to create the current economic conditions the country is enjoying and will continue to enjoy for quite some time. Lower tax rates , USMC trade agreement, China trade up and coming, Best employment numbers in 60 years for ANYONE.

So regardless of anyone's personal opinion of Trump and the words he chooses to use, he has gotten shit done. Shit that no one else has the nutsack to do. Lord knows he doesn't HAVE to do this job. He has more cash than 95% of Americans at his disposal. And regardless of his "bone spurs", he has a decent amount of patriotism for this country, and wants to see it prosper. Something he felt numerous previous administrations were failing at. And failing with flying colors. That is why he jumped in the whole fiasco known as US Politics.

I am sure you will put forth many OPINIONS to dispute that and say I must be a fucking idiot for supporting him. And that's just fine. You will NOT change my opinion, and I will not change yours. We can all sit in here and pound on a keyboard and become just like the media opinion monkeys spitting piss and vinegar at anyone that has a different viewpoint. But that is not something I will reduce myself to.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion and to express that opinion. But DO NOT advocate or incite acts that stomps on the rights of others.

Last edited by TWEETY; 2020-01-04 at 04:12 PM..
Unread 2020-01-04, 04:28 PM   #21
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelsMari View Post
One of the most important Trump rules: When making a definitive statement about himself as a defensive maneuver, the truth is presented in the inverse of the statement.

Quote:
"We took action last night to stop a war. We did not take action to star a war."
Becomes

Quote:
"We took action last night to start a war. We did not take action to stop a war."

Unread 2020-01-04, 04:38 PM   #22
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Yes

Anyway, while I do have a little bit of disdain for Trump, I will repeat my opinion posted prior to the election. .
I fail to see how repeating your reasons for supporting Trump have anything to do with Iran other than being a psychological blankie to comfort yourself with while WWIII starts.

Unread 2020-01-04, 05:57 PM   #23
TWEETY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblique View Post
I fail to see how repeating your reasons for supporting Trump have anything to do with Iran other than being a psychological blankie to comfort yourself with while WWIII starts.
I fail to see how repeating your previous posts accomplish anything other than being a psychological blankie to comfort yourself within your own self righteous ego, somehow proving your worth by miraculously being right on an opinion/prediction.

While WW3 has been prophesied to occur within the middle east, it remains to be seen if this is the beginning of this event or not. When Iran stormed our embassy over 40 years ago, it was highly regarded as the beginning of WW3 back then. I have NO doubt, I have a number of years on you and know that this shit has been talked about for decades. This, along with all the other hoopla you post, is all the same, just different names. Not trying to dismiss this by any means, because Iran is a dominate country in the middle east, and are crazy/stupid enough to use religion to back their reasoning for attacking anyone that disagrees with it. No matter how warped their culture may be, especially when it comes to basic human rights, a lot of other countries know they are a threat and would handily join in to defeat them. The question kinda comes down to, do we (as in an allied agreement) hit them BEFORE they actually get a nuke or 10, or just wait for the inevitable missiles to hit Israel, and "wipe them off the face of the earth" as the Ayatollah has said numerous times. If we do not, and Iran follows through with their rhetoric, WW3 is started anyway. Damned if you do/damned if you don't.

Another side of the whole thing is that Iran is already crippled by sanctions, and the public is on the verge of a revolution. This single event of killing the General might have a little effect on the overall attitude of the public by building unity in the people. But the overall thought of an all out war is not a positive thought to anyone involved. As family members lose children and fathers to their cause, it becomes a daunting thought to overcome. How well can the hard line regime keep its people under their influence will determine how easy the country falls. And it WILL fall, one way or another.

Last edited by TWEETY; 2020-01-04 at 08:14 PM..
Unread 2020-01-05, 01:23 AM   #24
Oblique
Forum Jester and Clown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I fail to see how repeating your previous posts accomplish anything other than being a psychological blankie to comfort yourself within your own self righteous ego, somehow proving your worth by miraculously being right on an opinion/prediction.
You forgot a middle finger to the shit talkers. But close enough.

Although theres nothing miraculous about it really. I'm demonstrating the power of understanding malignant narcissism as a means to make sense of Trump. Anybody can do this and I dedicated an entire thread 2 years ago to help people understand but I guess I'm the plague around here so it probably had the opposite effect I intended. Thats very regrettable on my part but in the end it was probably a niave idea in the first place.

Quote:
While WW3 has been prophesied to occur within the middle east, it remains to be seen if this is the beginning of this event or not. When Iran stormed our embassy over 40 years ago, it was highly regarded as the beginning of WW3 back then. I have NO doubt, I have a number of years on you and know that this shit has been talked about for decades. This, along with all the other hoopla you post, is all the same, just different names. Not trying to dismiss this by any means, because Iran is a dominate country in the middle east, and are crazy/stupid enough to use religion to back their reasoning for attacking anyone that disagrees with it. No matter how warped their culture may be, especially when it comes to basic human rights, a lot of other countries know they are a threat and would handily join in to defeat them. The question kinda comes down to, do we (as in an allied agreement) hit them BEFORE they actually get a nuke or 10, or just wait for the inevitable missiles to hit Israel, and "wipe them off the face of the earth" as the Ayatollah has said numerous times. If we do not, and Iran follows through with their rhetoric, WW3 is started anyway. Damned if you do/damned if you don't.

Another side of the whole thing is that Iran is already crippled by sanctions, and the public is on the verge of a revolution. This single event of killing the General might have a little effect on the overall attitude of the public by building unity in the people. But the overall thought of an all out war is not a positive thought to anyone involved. As family members lose children and fathers to their cause, it becomes a daunting thought to overcome. How well can the hard line regime keep its people under their influence will determine how easy the country falls. And it WILL fall, one way or another.
We have the worst possible person in office to avoid WWIII at this point. The man can't control his impulsiveness enough to not talk shit to teenagers for winning a prize he wanted and you people trust him to make choices that are ultimately going to decide the fate of the lives of millions of people around the world should be make the wrong ones? I cannot wrap my head around someone watching this president for the past 3 years and thinking "I'd give that guy control of the most powerful military the world has ever seen and the codes to weapons that could literally destroy the planet. Why not?" I wouldn't let Trump babysit a toddler.

There's going to be an attack on our soil. Whether it be a nuke, an attack on our power grid or cyber warfare. Its inevitable and itll be sooner than people think. They are not going to play ping pong with this escalation game. They knew war was coming and now its here. There's no reason not to strike us as hard as they can while our guards are not fully up.

Right move (seems doubtful but I'm not in the position to say), wrong president is absolutely right. The fact that this statement is dumbfounding Trump supporters like its so illogical is dumbfounding me. You can make the right call but be the wrong person to be in charge of the rest of the plan. Whats so hard to understand about that?

Last edited by Oblique; 2020-01-05 at 05:20 AM..
Oblique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2020-01-05, 10:30 AM   #25
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like

While I don't completely disagree with the attack on the Iranian general, WTF is our President doing taunting Iran via Twitter?!?! Seriously, who actually thinks that's a good idea?