Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2011-01-02, 10:22 PM   #1
redhot916spd

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 10
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default terrorists bombing christians in egypt

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/03/wo...er=rss&emc=rss

this bullshit will not end until there is an all out war
redhot916spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-03, 03:15 AM   #2
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3831
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

but they are such nice, peaceful people...
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-03, 07:53 AM   #3
Hyper Blue

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Given): 268
Likes (Received): 46
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot916spd View Post
This bullshit will not end until there is an all-out war.
There hasn't been all-out war for centuries between Christians and Muslims already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
...but they are such nice, peaceful people...
Yeah...about 99.9% of Muslims are (assuming there are 1.5 billion of them).
Hyper Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-03, 09:24 AM   #4
shaun y
Mr 49er

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 164
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 3421
Likes (Received): 1009
Dislikes (Given): 187
Dislikes (Received): 144

HMM i think white people used to do this to black churchgoers. oh my god, white people are the same as muslims!!! kill them all!
Unread 2011-01-03, 09:45 AM   #5
mrstage1

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Received): 30
Dislikes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun y View Post
HMM i think white people used to do this to black churchgoers. oh my god, white people are the same as muslims!!! kill them all!
I note you said "used to" in your sentence. You may want to note that and try again with a retort.

PS: If your white, the apologist fad was so last year. If your Black, get off the pity bus. Finally, if your muslim your trying TOO hard to convince us that muslims rarely do anything wrong. Hmm?
785-856-4555
Just ask how we can make your imagination into reality.
mrstage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-03, 01:27 PM   #6
redhot916spd

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Received): 10
Dislikes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Blue View Post
There hasn't been all-out war for centuries between Christians and Muslims already?

Not with Nukes

And I say that in jest, but no not with modern war tactics. I think if it really came down to it like it did in WW2 Muslims would be fucked. Obviously the chickenshit tactics of suicide bombs is met with pussified means of attacking them. I stand on my comment though, until someone pours a serious can of whoop ass on them, they will not stop. It took 30 days to take Iraq and we really did not want to commint genocide, but keep poking the bear by all means.
redhot916spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-03, 03:18 PM   #7
tau
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 23
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 179
Dislikes (Received): 4

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12108135

Quote:
but they are such nice, peaceful people...
And just what the fuck is that supposed to mean?
tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-03, 03:30 PM   #8
tau
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 23
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 179
Dislikes (Received): 4

Quote:
You might say--and I would surely agree--that these comments are grotesquely hypocritical, given that they come from Hamas, but it is just factually wrong to say there is no evidence of revulsion in the Islamic world. Why does it matter? Because it's too easy to adhere to this narrative--all of Islam's the problem, somehow--in place of asking the serious questions that need to be asked about this bombing.

The question that needs to be asked above all is which group exactly was behind it? The next question is what does this mean about what's happening in Egypt? Because some group clearly is trying to start a sectarian war, and may well succeed--an unimaginable catastrophe for Egypt and for the region. It's pretty damned important to know which group. It matters a lot whether this was the work of al Qaeda or the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood. The implications would be very different.

The answer "Don't get bogged down in the details, all Muslims are the problem--they're either doing this or they support it somehow" is not remotely useful to formulating any kind of policy response (and also not true). It does not clarify the picture in some salutary, common-sense way--it just throws ink on the very details that most need to be understood, and understood quickly.
http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Yes-Mu...Church-Bombing
tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-03, 07:15 PM   #9
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Blue View Post

Yeah...about 99.9% of Muslims are (assuming there are 1.5 billion of them).
there are more than 150,000 followers of the extremist form of islam. guaranteed.

and i love when shaun y tries to do the "well look what christians did in the past" seriously makes me laugh. ummm when was the last time there was a christian that went and bombed something based purely on religion?

im gonna laugh my ass off if you say one that im thinking, cause you would be completely wrong.

fact is that christians dont do this shit and have for hundreds of years.

there are more and more islam extremists every year and more and more countries are perpetuating the problem by giving them aid and allowing them to train and carry out missions from their country.

shaun, you are an ignorant sympathizer with no real world experience with these extremist people. you "know" a couple AMERICAN muslims and think you know the entire scope of whats going on.

go to kabul with no security around you and start telling people you are muslim and just want to be among them and help them. you would be shot or beheaded, or both.

the general populous in afghanistan and other muslim countries are not always the ones doing the shooting or bombing, but aiding and practicing the extremist views of islam is just as bad.

it makes me sick to see how many sympathizers there are in our country today. just sickening.
Unread 2011-01-03, 07:17 PM   #10
shaun y
Mr 49er

Post Thanks / Like

I DONT CARE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN IN AFGHANISTAN. THEY MAKE UP LIKE 1% OF THE WORLDWIDE MUSLIM POPULATION.

jesus dude get a fucking clue.
Unread 2011-01-03, 07:21 PM   #11
shaun y
Mr 49er

Post Thanks / Like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Quote:
Lebanon
In 1982, Lebanese Christian militias sided with Israel and massacred hundreds of Palestinians in Sabra and Shatila refugee camps under the defense ministry of Ariel Sharon.
Quote:
A number of Russian political and paramilitary groups combine racism, nationalism, and Russian Orthodox beliefs.[29][30] Russian National Unity, a far right ultra-nationalist political party and paramilitary organization, advocates an increased role for the Russian Orthodox Church according to its manifesto. It has been accused of murders, and several terrorist attacks including the bombing of the US Consulate in Ekaterinburg.
Quote:
The Lord's Resistance Army, a cult guerrilla army engaged in an armed rebellion against the Ugandan government, has been accused of using child soldiers and committing numerous crimes against humanity; including massacres, abductions, mutilation, torture, rape, porters and sex slaves.[32] It is led by Joseph Kony, who proclaims himself the spokesperson of God and a spirit medium, primarily of the Christian Holy Spirit which the Acholi believe can represent itself in many manifestations.[33][33][34][35] LRA fighters wear rosary beads and recite passages from the Bible before battle.
and more.

hundreds of years huh? you are so gotdayum clueless it's hardly worth arguing with you.
Unread 2011-01-03, 10:59 PM   #12
Azrael

Location: Those aint love handles, they are aux tanks to fuel the sex machine
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 471
Thanks (Received): 201
Likes (Given): 2111
Likes (Received): 1650
Dislikes (Given): 531
Dislikes (Received): 85

Quote:
there are more than 150,000 followers of the extremist form of islam. guaranteed.

and i love when shaun y tries to do the "well look what christians did in the past" seriously makes me laugh. ummm when was the last time there was a christian that went and bombed something based purely on religion?

im gonna laugh my ass off if you say one that im thinking, cause you would be completely wrong.

fact is that christians dont do this shit and have for hundreds of years.

there are more and more islam extremists every year and more and more countries are perpetuating the problem by giving them aid and allowing them to train and carry out missions from their country.

shaun, you are an ignorant sympathizer with no real world experience with these extremist people. you "know" a couple AMERICAN muslims and think you know the entire scope of whats going on.

go to kabul with no security around you and start telling people you are muslim and just want to be among them and help them. you would be shot or beheaded, or both.

the general populous in afghanistan and other muslim countries are not always the ones doing the shooting or bombing, but aiding and practicing the extremist views of islam is just as bad.

it makes me sick to see how many sympathizers there are in our country today. just sickening.
Cha ching!
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-03, 11:28 PM   #13
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 482
Likes (Given): 4078
Likes (Received): 4371
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 169

I lost at this on Tau's link.
Quote:
EGYPT'S AL-AKHBAR
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-04, 02:00 AM   #14
Beowulf

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 589
Thanks (Received): 69
Likes (Given): 5265
Likes (Received): 429
Dislikes (Given): 385
Dislikes (Received): 68

There is no point arguing. People are so stubborn. Do either of you think you'll be able to convert or change what people think just buy a few posts. Seriously. It's going to take more than that (if anything) to change how people were brought up.
Even bible-huggers support shooting people. That's when you know there is a problem with your society.

P.S. if you don't want to be shot, don't go to the middle east. duh. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the middle east isn't the only place that doesn't take kindly to "white people" mainly americans.. oh.. and if you're in the military, you're doing your job. get over it.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-04, 10:11 AM   #15
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 160
Thanks (Received): 116
Likes (Given): 396
Likes (Received): 632
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36

Quote:
ummm when was the last time there was a christian that went and bombed something based purely on religion?
I'm not going to do it but I can't believe that it would be terribly hard to find abortion clinics from the 90s that were bombed for what boil down to beliefs held "based purely on religion".

do I think that "violent" Islamic extremism is more widespread than violent Christian extremism today/recently? yeah. its easier to convince the uneducated and poverty stricken of ridiculous extremist things and, on the whole, there are a higher percentage of isolated (and insulated) candidates to pull from Muslim societies these days. not to mention that being united by general religious principles to the dominant forces of world politics for the last 500 years means that there is simply less to bitch about.

Shaun might be a bit simplistic in the caricature of him "knowing a few muslims" but in my own experience of reading Christian and Islamic texts, its hard to say that one is inherently more violent than the other (the first half of the Bible is essentially the 'angry-God, extremist views handbook' in certain parts by today's standards)...

maybe how it is practiced in many parts of the world today is inherently more violent and twisted but Christianity's history of bloodshed and violence is still relevant because it did occur, it influences Judeo-Christian-Muslim relations today and it continues on a smaller scale even to this day...

its not an extreme reach to say that Christian extremists have learned from an extremely violent past (in a more violent world - to be fair) and modified tactics to more efficient expressions of power and influence (Family Research Council and ilk's essential strangehold over one of our political parties) that only sometimes end up resorting to violence (Dr. Tiller anyone?)... to be fair, its not equivalent to say that the FRC is like a madrasa preaching violence/death - they're not. but it is also not a fair equivalence to whitewash Christian violent extremism because it isn't as prevalent today while extoling how its easier to paint Muslims generally with a broad brush.

just like the societies that they are most prevalent in, Christian extremism and Islamic extremism appear (to me) to be simply in different stages of development and their tactics reflect that.

*edit* please don't misconstrue this as some kind of sympathizing - its not. I'm just tired of the ineffective broad brush smearing that is extremely prevalent today. understanding the differences and nuanced distinctions is what 'makes us safer.' I am generally anti-violence (unless its a interpersonal difference of opinion - then I'm all for kicking your ass to prove I'm right ) but specifically abhor violence that seeks to 'make a point' or send a message on a general scale. the victims of that kind of violence aren't martyrs or casualties of a greater cause - they are senseless victims and anyone wishing to send the world a message should get a can of gas and a pack of matches and deal with it themselves Buddhist-style.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln

Last edited by phreakdna; 2011-01-04 at 10:53 AM..
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-04, 10:13 AM   #16
TWEETY

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 28
Likes (Received): 218
Dislikes (Received): 5

Yes, religion, countries, and wackos have, throughout the years, have caused the death of billions of people.

In this day and age, it is unacceptable for shit like this to happen. It is inexcusable. The Muslim/Islam faith has the worst reputation for uncivilized behavoir in modern times. It's a choice to defend or criticize it. I realize it's the person and not the faith that determines what actually happens. Much like guns dont kill, people kill. So why, then, are so many people of that religion, perpetraitors of fear, hate, and violence? Or is it, that the faith is used to simply justify their sick actions. Either way, I have a firmly planted negative opinion of the religion.

Last edited by TWEETY; 2011-01-04 at 10:23 AM..
TWEETY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-05, 02:20 AM   #17
Beowulf

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 589
Thanks (Received): 69
Likes (Given): 5265
Likes (Received): 429
Dislikes (Given): 385
Dislikes (Received): 68

nevermind
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-05, 06:00 AM   #18
YourWorstNightmare

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 105
Likes (Given): 1034
Likes (Received): 639
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 19

I think Shaun Y should just move over to the middle east somewhere, and try to fit in claiming he's a muslim.

I really do wanna see the result.

KCSR sponsored one-way plane ticket for him? I'm pretty sure he won't need the return ticket....
YourWorstNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-05, 07:58 AM   #19
shaun y
Mr 49er

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWorstNightmare View Post
I think Shaun Y should just move over to the middle east somewhere, and try to fit in claiming he's a muslim.

I really do wanna see the result.

KCSR sponsored one-way plane ticket for him? I'm pretty sure he won't need the return ticket....
solid argument, great contribution to this thread.
Unread 2011-01-05, 10:31 AM   #20
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

Its true though Shaun, you sit here and want to sympathize with their plight, yet if you actually tried to go live among them, you would be killed very quickly.
Unread 2011-01-05, 01:55 PM   #21
shaun y
Mr 49er

Post Thanks / Like

Where in this thread am I sympathizing? Where have I ever backed up or argued for extremists? All I have done in this thread is disprove your stupid claims that all muslims are terrorists/only muslims are terrorists/white people are never terrorists.

You just need to accept the fact that you are an intolerant bigot.
shaun y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-05, 02:10 PM   #22
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like

where did i ever say in this thread or any other that ALL muslims are terrorists, or that only muslims are terrorists?

You just need to accept the fact that you are a brain dead fucking moron.
Unread 2011-01-05, 02:41 PM   #23
Fatguy
BANNED!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 13
Thanks (Received): 163
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 508
Dislikes (Given): 88
Dislikes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakdna View Post
I'm not going to do it but I can't believe that it would be terribly hard to find abortion clinics from the 90s that were bombed for what boil down to beliefs held "based purely on religion".
You wouldn't have an issue at all. The 80's and 90's are filled full of "Bombing for Jesus". In fact if I remember correctly there was a cult or group of people who claimed to have bombed upwards of 100 facilities ersumshit.

Christianity is every bit as crooked and violent as any other religion out there.

Christians called it a Crusade, Muslims called it a Jihad, at the end of the day people have fought for their beliefs since the beginning of organized religion.
Fatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-05, 02:47 PM   #24
Corners

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 113
Thanks (Received): 186
Likes (Given): 533
Likes (Received): 1138

Terrorists just need a hug.
Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-05, 02:50 PM   #25
Hyper Blue

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Given): 268
Likes (Received): 46
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 13

Quote:
There are more than 150,000 followers of the extremist form of Islam...guaranteed...
No doubt...maybe more, but it's still less than 0.1% of all Muslims worldwide, which is why I do not understand why you attack the whole religion and all of its followers.
Hyper Blue is offline   Reply With Quote