Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2010-12-07, 03:16 PM   #1
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148
Default Obama taking a LOT of heat from...

His own party...

wow, coming at him rapid fire right now.

calling him weak, and not able to stand his ground. saying he fails to come through on promises yet again.

Is this the left possibly gearing up for cutting their losses at the top and focusing on trying to gain back seats in the house and senate in 2012?

It really sounds like they are setting things up to hang him out to dry in 2012.

Interesting stuff going on politically right now. Very interesting.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-07, 03:31 PM   #2
snm95ls

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 396
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3567
Likes (Received): 2056
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56

The fight for power is more important than addressing issues at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-07, 04:24 PM   #3
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
The fight for power is more important than addressing issues at hand.

Nail meet head, when it comes to our politicians right now.
Unread 2010-12-07, 04:28 PM   #4
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 157
Thanks (Received): 115
Likes (Given): 383
Likes (Received): 629
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
His own party...

wow, coming at him rapid fire right now.

calling him weak, and not able to stand his ground. saying he fails to come through on promises yet again.

Is this the left possibly gearing up for cutting their losses at the top and focusing on trying to gain back seats in the house and senate in 2012?

It really sounds like they are setting things up to hang him out to dry in 2012.

Interesting stuff going on politically right now. Very interesting.
well... the deal he just made went against his campaign promises that he made a large part of his economic "package" sold during his campaign.

his calls for fiscal responsibility hinged on focused tax cuts for 95% of Americans and effectively 'redistributing' the tax burdens up the scale. this deal goes against that.

obviously it was a negotiation and he had to give something up but letting the Bush tax cuts expire for the top 5% was a pillar of what he was selling. right or wrong as a policy, it was the bill of goods he was offering.

then you add in the estate tax exemptions and he pisses off even more people on the left that don't like oligarchies...

all in all, it was a decent deal (or so I'm currently thinking) but it goes against his campaign statements so people are pissy.
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-07, 04:37 PM   #5
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakdna View Post
then you add in the estate tax exemptions and he pisses off even more people on the left that don't like oligarchies...
Please tell them they can fuck off, they have the same shot to accumulate wealth as the rest of the country and Uncle Sam is being allowed to literally rob the dead.
Unread 2010-12-07, 04:46 PM   #6
calispec

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 114
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 1

Quote:
I'm all for letting the Bush tax cuts expire to put more money toward the deficit/debt (it's time people started feeling the crazy spending in Washington), but the estate tax is fucking stupid.

We tax people when they earn money and tax people when they spend money. We should NOT be also taxing people when they do not spend money.
calispec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-07, 04:46 PM   #7
phreakdna

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 157
Thanks (Received): 115
Likes (Given): 383
Likes (Received): 629
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 36

so apparently Obama is not fond of catching shit today from the left:

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/arc..._12/026970.php
(embedded vid in the link)
Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that ”all men are created equal.” We now practically read it “all men are created equal, except negroes” When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read “all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.” When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocricy. - Lincoln
phreakdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-07, 05:11 PM   #8
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
so apparently Obama is not fond of catching shit today from the left:

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/arc..._12/026970.php
(embedded vid in the link)
I appreciate what he's saying about compromise... but he's still delusioned that he hasn't come off campaign promises... and that just infuriates me.
Unread 2010-12-07, 05:23 PM   #9
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 257
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1942
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricerking13 View Post
I appreciate what he's saying about compromise... but he's still delusioned that he hasn't come off campaign promises... and that just infuriates me.
It's all about admitting defeat without actually admitting defeat. People need to stop wanting their cake and eating it too. Politicians promise things all the time based on ideals. To realistically think that they can accomplish them all is assinine. In this case his actions should be the real victory, who cares if his words say he couldn't get it done? Some things are impossible in Washington with all of the partisan hackery going on there. Washington needs to start caring about the American people and not themselves.

BuddyLee is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-07, 05:32 PM   #10
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
Washington needs to start caring about the American people and not themselves.
This times a million, yet it won't happen without a massive change-up of the personnel there.