Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > Automotive Forums > The Automotive Lounge

Unread 2017-09-29, 10:12 AM   #26
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Video: Alfa Romeo Stelvio breaks Nürburgring SUV record

Stelvio Quadrifoglio laps in 7min 51sec – the fastest for a production SUV

Video of Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio | New Record at Nürburgring

Video of Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio | New Record at Nürburgring

PrevNext

Full screen

PrevNext

1/6

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrU00xoUy8A

More Nürburging news, you say? You betchya. Records don’t stay unbroken for long around here.

This time it’s the one for a production SUV, as the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio has smashed a lap of the 12.9 mile Nordschleife in a record 7 minutes 51.7 seconds. That’s a full eight seconds faster than the previous production SUV record, held by the equally ballistic Porsche Cayenne Turbo. At the tail end of 2014, Porsche recorded a lap of 7m 59.74s, which in turn obliterated the record held by the Range Rover Sport. And you thought the hot hatch Nürburgring arms race was testy.
The Alfa’s time was set by Italian driver Fabio Francia, who had previously set the fastest Nürburgring track record for a four-door saloon in the Giulia Quadrifoglio, with a lap time of just 7min 32s. So yeah, he’s a bit handy.
For reference, the Stelvio is powered by an all-aluminum, direct-injection 2.9-litre 24-valve twin-turbo V6, delivering 503bhp and 442lb ft of torque, which is coupled with the Q4 all-wheel-drive system. The engine is paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission with specific settings for shifting in just 150 milliseconds in Race mode.
Fancy a crack at the Nürburgring in a Stelvio yourself? Yeah, thought not. For those still with us, the Stelvio Quadrifoglio will hit the UK market in 2018.

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-10-31, 10:06 AM   #27
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

@media only screen{#article_poster{background-image:url(https://icdn-2.motor1.com/images/mgl/VE3B7/s4/2018-alfa-romeo-stelvio-review.jpg);}} @media only screen and (min-width : 1024px){#article_poster{background-image:url(https://icdn-9.motor1.com/images/mgl/VE3B7/s3/2018-alfa-romeo-stelvio-review.jpg);}} @media only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio : 2), only screen and (min--moz-device-pixel-ratio : 2), only screen and (min-device-pixel-ratio : 2){#article_poster{background-image:url(https://icdn-1.motor1.com/images/mgl/VE3B7/s2/2018-alfa-romeo-stelvio-review.jpg);}}

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Review: Standard Thrills

A crossover with the soul of a sports car.

– Cleveland, Ohio
Having already launched the 4C sports car and Giulia sedan, Alfa Romeo is ready to shift its U.S. comeback into high gear with the Stelvio compact luxury crossover. With a killer combination of sultry lines and innate athleticism, the Stelvio proves Alfa Romeo can make an object of desire out of anything. It’s not perfect for every situation, nor does it win every category against its competition, but the Stelvio does something few crossovers ever dare to: stand out.
Toggle POIs
The engine note is uncharacteristically snarly and aggressive for a crossover.

The turbocharged engine produces 280 hp, which is significantly more than most competitors’ base engines.

This loaded model features 20-inch wheels and four-corner, red-painted Brembo brakes.

The thickness of these pillars and a small rear window make for compromised sight lines.

A relatively low ride height and firm suspension give the Stelvio flat and stable cornering.

Pros

Real performance. Most crossovers aren’t intended to be driver’s cars, though a few have souped-up versions that force these platforms to be playful. The Stelvio, though, has performance baked into its bones. For instance, all trim levels receive the same 280-horsepower turbo four-cylinder engine (the most powerful base engines in its class) and eight-speed transmission. This pairing pulls the Stelvio along very rapidly, while the suspension and relatively low ride height (for a crossover) keep cornering flat and stable. My highest praise goes to the steering, though, which is sharp, quick, and accurate – three adjectives not often used when discussing crossovers. No doubt these qualities are amplified some by options and features available on my test car’s higher Ti Sport trim (larger wheels, sportier suspension tune, etc.), but there’s an athleticism inherent in the Stelvio that’s rare among crossovers. You can hear it in the snarly exhaust tone.
Supermodel looks. Few people know what the Stelvio is, but everyone thinks it’s beautiful. During my week driving one, a half-dozen people commented on this crossover’s good looks, but none could name what it was and only a few had ever heard of Alfa Romeo (ugh, kids these days). No matter; with seductive designs like the Stelvio and its sister sedan, the Giulia, Americans will quickly refamiliarize themselves with this Italian brand that’s been absent from our market since 1995.
Cons

Sub-par premium. While the Stelvio’s price aligns well with all-wheel-drive versions of the Audi Q5, BMW X3, Jaguar F-Pace, Mercedes-Benz GLC, and Porsche Macan – true luxury vehicles all – its sheen does not. Much of the interior falls short of the competition in terms of the quality of materials used. For instance, the interior features ungrained dark plastic and cheap-feeling soft touch materials that are below par for the segment. The lone exceptions are the real aluminum paddle shifters.
Bad views. The Stelvio has poor visibility from the driver’s seat. The rear window is small, the pillars are thick, and the rearview camera only fills a small portion of the 8.8-inch infotainment screen (nor does it offer a 360-degree view). Thank goodness front and rear parking sensors are standard equipment on this Stelvio Ti Sport model (they’re an $800 option on some lower trim levels).
Function follows form. The Stelvio’s curvy shape and shrink-wrapped body result in slightly less room for passengers and cargo than its competition. It’s down an inch here and cubic foot there on virtually every interior measurement. Hey, it’s the price you pay for looking this good.

Unread 2017-12-26, 02:34 PM   #28
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Is The Alfa Romeo Stelvio QV As Good As The Giulia QV?

The world begged for an encore, and now it's here so we can dig into it.
The extent to which high performance SUVs have conquered the market despite the fact that the very title is ironic is something that can be taken as a good sign or a bad one. Yes, it’s a signal that the sedans we all know and love are being diluted at best and phased out at worst in favor of spending that R&D cash on SUVs. On the other hand, crossover SUVs have gotten powerful and agile enough that they’re actually pretty fun to drive.

The question we were all wondering, however, is whether or not Alfa Romeo would be able to translate the fun-loving attitude of the Giulia QV into the taller and heavier body of the Stelvio crossover. Thing is, Alfa has no choice but to find a way.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxTxZHHM9og
It currently has to fight competitors like the Porsche Macan, a wonderful machine in its own right, but will soon have to go against crossovers like the Jaguar F-Pace SVR, BMW X3 M, and Audi RSQ5. That means there’s not really any time for a test run before Alfa is flung into the throes of competition. The Stelvio Quadrifoglio has to get it right. Now. With no Stelvio mountain road in sight, Auto Express roams the United Arab Emirates’ equivalent, the Jebel Jais Mountain Road to see if it can thrash the soul out of this Alfa.

Unread 2018-02-15, 11:17 AM   #29
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

A Camouflaged Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Apparently Broke Down In The Middle Of L.A.

Alfa Romeos still break down. It happened to us and it’s happened to others. So what? Maybe it happened again. OK, apparently it has happened again, this time with what appears to be a pre-production Stelvio Quadrifoglio crossover, right in the middle of Sunset Boulevard.

Thanks to a couple of tipsters, Chris and Wes (a name you may recognize!), we’ve got plenty of images and details about the poor test driver stuck in the middle of the street with a most-likely broken Alfa.

According to our tipsters, the 510-horsepower Alfa was mostly under a cover but had to keep the back end out with its indicators flashing. Apparently a police officer showed up and started writing a ticket for blocking traffic, one of the tipsters guessed.

The hotness of this crossover seems to prove that it’s a pre-production model of the upcoming Stelvio Quadrifoglio. Jalopnik reached out to Alfa about the incident and will update when more information is available.

Alfa fans would argue that breaking down in the middle of L.A. traffic is just part of the charm. It keeps you on edge, and makes ownership exciting. Sure! At least they look good!

Unread 2018-02-15, 12:07 PM   #30
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio to start at $81,590

Alfa’s 505-horsepower super SUV to hit dealers in late spring.

Alfa Romeo

When the 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio hits dealers in late spring it'll start at $81,590, which includes $1,595 for destination charges. That's a far cry from the base Stelvio that starts at $42,990 including destination, but then again the Quadrifoglio version is packing a much more substantial performance punch.
While the normal Stelvio is powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder with 280 horsepower, the range-topping Quadrifoglio packs a 2.9-liter twin-turbocharged V6 churning out 505 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque. The engine works with an eight-speed automatic transmission to help get the Quadrifoglio to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds and up to a top speed of 176 mph.

To sharpen handling, it receives a torque vectoring differential, Alfa's four-mode drive selector, specific tuning for the adaptive suspension system, 20-inch wheels and six-piston Brembo brakes in front. For customers who plan on really pushing their Stelvio Quadrifoglio, a Brembo carbon-ceramic brake package is available.

Visually setting the Quadrifoglio apart from lesser Stelvios are hand-painted four-leaf clover badges on the front quarter panels, rear spoiler, side sills and aforementioned wheels. The cabin is dressed with leather and Alcantara seats, leather-wrapped dash and door panels, carbon fiber trim and a 200 mph speedometer. Alfa will also offer optional Sparco carbon fiber shell seats for people who may want to participate in an occasional track day.
The 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio is a 505-horsepower Italian rocket ship

Finally, the $81,590 price tag will buy you some bragging rights. A Nürburgring lap time of 7 minutes 51.7 seconds make the Stelvio Quadrifoglio the fastest production SUV to circle the Green Hell to date.

Unread 2018-06-14, 08:46 AM   #31
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Test Drive Review: The Sporty SUV Of Your Dreams

The Stelvio QV is a bargain considering the absolutely outlandish performance you get paired with SUV utility.
I’m here to officially notify you hell has certainly frozen over, pigs can fly, and tomorrow is the first Twelfth of Never. I know these indisputable facts for two reasons. One: in the run of a day, I had multiple members of the opposite sex wave at me from their cars while on the highway, the reason for which I will explain in detail later. The second: I’ve finally driven a properly sporty SUV that ticks all the boxes. Over two days in Detroit, I had the chance to experience Alfa Romeo’s first-ever SUV, the Stelvio, in its North American home.

But my tester wasn’t motivated by another run-of-the-mill 2.0-liter four-banger. I drove the Quadrifoglio—the one with the four-leaf clover applied to the fender—and I drove it like I stole it. How could I not? For starters, Alfa Romeo has given the Stelvio some lofty billing. It holds the current lap record for production SUVs around the Nurburgring’s Nordschleife—the North Loop—with a time of 7 minutes, 51.7 seconds. That time makes it as quick as a Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4… and the Alfa pulls off the feat with four fewer cylinders. The sprint to 60 is achieved in under 4 seconds in the Stelvio Quadrifoglio, and it’ll bend the needle until it reaches 177 mph.

To put that speed in perspective, a Lamborghini Miura P400 achieved a top speed of 171 mph in 1967, and it was the fastest car on earth at the time. The Stelvio is 6 mph faster… and about $900,000 cheaper based on today’s prices for a vintage Miura P400. But all these numbers are just that… figures on a sheet meant to stir the imagination of paper racers looking for the next 1-up car. For those who are genuinely interested in a high-performance SUV as a daily driver, I attacked the highways and byways to see where the Stelvio showed promise and where it fumbled. Under the hood lies the Stelvio Quadrofoglio’s beating Italian heart: a 2.9-liter twin-turbocharged V-6 engine producing a staggering 505 horsepower and 443 lb-ft of torque.

From this small-displacement performance mill, the Alfa recites a raucous number that rivals the Jimi Hendrix’s guitar solo in All Along The Watchtower. In its tamest drive mode, the Stelvio Quadrifoglio purrs like a newborn kitten, but clicking the DNA selector over to Race gives it a serious roar. At full trot, it won’t be mistaken for anything but a Quadrofoglio, and it emits the most delectable off-throttle overrun (the burble you hear when you let off the gas). The Stelvio Quadriofoglio makes full use of all the power on tap, too. Sending power to all four wheels is an eight-speed automatic and Alfa Romeo’s standard Q4 all-wheel-drive system.

Off-the-line acceleration is borderline violent in Race mode as its wide rubber wrapped around standard 19-inch wheels digs into the pavement to provide monumental grip. I can’t overstate it enough. Acceleration from the Stelvio QV is properly shocking even when you already know how much octane is coursing through the Italian’s veins. Rolling pulls from 55, 65, and 75 mph also made my hair stand on end. Still, there is a downside to being in Race mode, especially in cities like Detroit. Bumps will make the Stelvio QV buck like a bronco. I’m not talking about the larger road imperfections, either. Expansion joints in concrete will upset the high performer, as will other ripples on secondary roads.

If you want all the blast without the jitters, the suspension itself has some adjustability for you to soften it up even when you have the Alfa’s engine and exhaust ranked up for maximum effect. Bringing all that speed to a stop is accomplished by either traditional steel high-performance Brembo brakes or optional carbon-ceramic Brembo brakes. This is by far where you can waste the most amount of money on a Stelvio. If you have no intention of pushing the QV for extended periods, you will not see any benefit from carbon-ceramic brakes beyond showing the cool-looking rotors off to your friends and foes; the standard brake package will do you just fine.

However, if you want the fade-fighting brakes for track use or, again, to flout your coin, Alfa is more than willing to relieve you of an extra $8,000 for the privilege. They’re also too grabby for street use and come with similarly astronomical replacement costs. This is your warning. Save your $8,000. Inside, the Alfa Romeo is simple, functional, and typically Italian in some good ways and bad. Optional Sparco carbon fiber seats offer more bolstering at the expense of adjustability, seat heating, and $3,500. For daily driving, the standard leather and alcantara seats will do you just fine. However, thanks to the Stelvio’s sea-of-black interior, you might be good opting for the $1,350 dual-pane sunroof to let in some extra light to brighten the place up.

Many critics have slammed Alfa Romeo’s infotainment system, but I got used to it quickly. Graphics displayed on the 8.8-inch screen were sharp, though its widescreen form factor does make for some awkward dual-tile placements, especially for navigation, which can be displayed in an incredibly small square section on the passenger side of the screen. One criticism I will agree with has to do with the infotainment system’s knob controller: it feels incredibly cheap. The click wheel-esque controller feels hollow and like it could snap off at any moment. It’s trimmed with a plastic disc at the top that’s easily scratched. But it simply feels cheap in the hand, and that’s what bothers me most considering the Alfa will set you back at least 80 large.

Much like its little brother, the QV also comes with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, so at least those who don’t like Alfa’s infotainment system can use an interface that’s more familiar to them. But the best part of the Stelvio has nothing to do with how quick it is, how gorgeous it is, or how comfortable it is. When you own an Alfa Romeo, you immediately become part of a very special club. The Stelvio club is growing in Detroit, and my anecdotal evidence seems to suggest its as much or more populated by women than it is men. As I cruised along Detroit’s Woodward Avenue, its Interstate highways, and even some of the more flung-out secondary roads, I came upon Stelvios here and there… and nearly all of them were driven by women.

And they were all friendly. As I would drive by in the QV, those driving other Stelvios would happily give a wave, a wink, or a giggle. It’s like a sexier version of the Jeep Wave. It’s flirty. It’s Italian. And I hope it never stops. All told, the Stelvio is a bargain considering the absolutely outlandish performance you get paired with SUV utility. If I had $80,000, it would be hard to say no. Willingly buying an Italian SUV new for $80,000? Jeez. Hell has truly frozen over.

Unread 2018-07-01, 07:46 PM   #32
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Now Offered In Rear-Wheel Drive Spec For $2,000 Less

Most crossover SUVs at least offer all-wheel drive as an option. But not everyone who’s in the market for one needs all that traction. So while the Alfa Romeo Stelvio was offered until now exclusively with all-wheel drive, it’ll now be offered without it as well.

According to Car and Driver, Alfa’s debut crossover will, for 2019, be offered in a new base version that does away with the front driven wheels, reverting to rear-drive only and likely wearing a Q2 (instead of Q4) badge. That’ll cut about a hundred pounds off the curb weight – expected to drop just below the two-ton mark – and cut $2,000 off the price of admission to bring the base price down to $41,440.

C/D reports that a Sport package will be offered for $1,800 (which almost covers the entire savings for the rear-drive model), upgrading with 19-inch wheels, colored brake calipers, aluminum pedals and such. The rear-drive Stelvio will only be offered with the base engine, a 2.0-liter turbo four, channeling 280 horsepower and 306 lb-ft of torque to the rear wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission.

The more budget-friendly proposition will only come in base spec, with the sportier Ti and the Quadrifoglio, with its 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6, sticking with AWD.

Expect a slight bump in fuel economy to result. Though the EPA has yet to release its official ratings, the all-wheel-drive version returns 22 miles per gallon in the city, 28 on the highway, and 24 on the combined cycle. The order books are already said to have opened, with deliveries to commence “within the next few months.”
PHOTO GALLERY

Unread 2018-09-07, 08:18 PM   #33
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio: It Really Is That Good Apparently

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5GrHhRl6Rg

In theory, there isn’t a single, solid reason for a car like the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio to exist but in the SUV-hungry world we leave in, there are some customers that demand sports car-like driving thrills from their family-friendly crossovers.

And as mad as it sounds, Alfa Romeo went on and actually did it; the Stelvio Quadrifoglio is basically a sports car on stilts, a 505 hp driving machine that also happens to fit your family and all its stuff.

Power comes from the Ferrari-derived twin-turbo 2.9-liter V6 engine paired to an eight-speed automatic transmission and an all-wheel drive system. The latter is heavily rear-biased thanks to the Giorgio platform and features torque vectoring for the rear axle.

The quad exhaust pipes play a distinctive, angry music that pauses with a loud bang every time you use the elongated steering paddles. The steering is fast and accurate while the way it dives into corners makes some hyper hatches full of envy. This isn’t a typical super-fast SUV apparently, but a genuine lough-out-loud driving experience.

The numbers say that the Stelvio Quadrifoglio will reach 62 mph (100 km/h) from a standstill in 3.8 seconds and will keep accelerating until it hits 176 mph (283 km/h).

Does this mean it can’t do all the boring family stuff with the same success of some of its rivals? Is there a significant trade-in for all this awesomeness. Let’s see what Carwow has to say on the video linked below.

Unread 2018-11-08, 02:04 PM   #34
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Drivers' Notes Review | Everything you expect

This four-leaf clover isn't for everyone

The 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio is a performance crossover that goes head-to-head with models like the Porsche Macan and Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 S. It takes the Giulia's Ferrari-sourced 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 and stuffs it into a slightly more practical package. Crossovers are all the rage, and Alfa needs the Stelvio to be a hit if the brand has any hope of success in America.

Performance models like this don't come cheap, but you get what you pay for. In addition to the performance parts like a torque-vectoring differential, Brembo brakes and 20-inch wheels with Pirelli summer tires, the Stelvio Quadrifoglio comes standard with features like blind-spot monitoring, a Harman Kardon sound system, a heated steering wheel and heated front seats. Options on this car include $2,200 for the Rosso Competizione paint, $1,500 for a drivers assistance package and $100 each for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Editor-in-Chief Greg Migliore: I've been skeptical about the Stelvio. Aside from the famous Scudetto grille, what really makes this an Alfa — a good one, anyway? Eyeing them on the road I've been less than impressed. They look like generic crossovers, which is not the vibe Alfa should be giving off.

Enter the Quadrifoglio. The 505-hp twin-turbo V6 makes the Stelvio addicting to drive. The 20-inch wheels with Alfa's signature five-hole design under the flared fenders propel this thing to style leadership. Factor in the four-leaf clover badges, and the Stelvio Quadrifoglio looks and feels special. Driving it is a riot. The interior feels legitimately athletic, too. The big, thin steering wheel with the start button and paddle shifters integrated in front of the driver do create a cockpit-like setting. Add in the leather, red stitching and carbon fiber, and it's a cool place to drive.

After an energetic commute to the office, my thinking on the Stelvio had changed. Yes, I like the Quadrifoglio, but I can now see this Italian crossover as a compelling alternative in this segment.

Greg Migliore@GregMigliore

Wasn’t sure how I felt about the @AlfaRomeoUSA Stelvio. But 505 horses convinced me of its merits. Liking this lab hauler in Quadrifoglio spec. @therealautoblog
1:33 PM - Nov 1, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Associate Editor Reese Counts: What a mixed bag. I really wanted to love the Stelvio. I dig fast crossovers like the Mercedes-AMG models and the BMW X5 M, so in theory the Stelvio Quadrifoglio is right up my alley. It packs a 505-horsepower Ferrari-built V6, a ZF eight-speed automatic and some sharp styling. It's genuinely fun to drive, and not just for a crossover. The engine is potent and sounds fantastic. The Stelvio's steering might just be the best in any crossover I've ever driven (though I'd have to get back in a Porsche Macan to make that call). The suspension is firm, but it keeps body roll in check. That's about as far as my love goes.

Frankly, I don't think the Stelvio is very good at being a crossover. It's cramped, difficult to see out of and not very comfortable. If I'm looking for a performance crossover, I need it to be practical as well as powerful. Otherwise I should have just bought a Giulia. The interior isn't very good either, with some low-rent materials and some weird fit and finish issues. The infotainment system is frustratingly bad. I wish Alfa could make FCA'sUConnect work in its cars. I want the Stelvio to sell well so they have money to reinvest, but until it gets better, I can't recommend it.

Assistant Editor Zac Palmer: This car represents what driving is all about. It's raw, pure and makes you want to hop back in the driver's seat as soon as you hang the keys up. Bumps and frost heaves are punishing inside the cabin. The intake whistles; the exhaust growls, and the tires sing back at you. I love it all. Alfa wasn't interested in coddling the driver when it put the Quadrifoglio together, and it reminds you every step of the way.

Floor it from a standstill and you're swept back into your seat as the engine wails its addicting tune up to 7,500 rpm before cracking off a lightning fast shift, keeping you firmly planted in the tightly bolstered buckets. Power is delivered linearly all the way to redline, even with the gut punch of torque down low. This is an engine I would never tire of. Then again, it has Ferrari DNA throughout, so I'm not surprised.
There are four modes, but you shouldn't ever take the Stelvio out of either Dynamic or Race mode.

Everything is hair-trigger sensitive in Race. The throttle feels like it's an old-school by-cable setup as it instantaneously reads my inputs. It's rather violent and raw in every way — the car wants to be driven hard. Steering and handling wasn't SUV-like in the least bit, either. Turn-in is quicker and more precise than most cars, and even with our Stelvio's winter tires, it was able to carry a stupid amount of speed through corners. Throttle-induced oversteer is easily accessible in race mode with stability control completely off as well. The Quadrifoglio is a riot to drive fast.

Don't worry about the below-average infotainment system. Forget about the crossover stigma. You can go see a chiropractor to fix any pothole-induced musculoskeletal issues that might crop up. This car deserves a spot in your driveway, because it's going to put a smile on your face every day.

Unread 2018-11-17, 07:50 PM   #35
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Sprints To 170 Mph Very, Very Fast

The SUV boom has brought us some very hot high-riding vehicles, such as the Bentley Bentayga, Lamborghini Urus and Rolls-Royce Cullinan – not to mention the upcoming Ferrari Purosangue.

These may be the crème-de-la-crème, but there are more affordable ones out there, which are suitable not only for the weekly shopping and taking the kids to school, but also some track action.

One of them is the Alfa Romeo Stelvio. In base form, it’s a very well put together SUV, which you can read all about in our long-term review here and here.

But in the top-of-the-line grade, it has some Ferrari blood running through its veins. The Stelvio Quadrifoglio is powered by a twin-turbo 2.9-liter V6 engine engineered by Ferrari. The lump is shared with the Giulia Quadrifoglio and produces 510 PS (503 hp / 375 kW) and 600 Nm (443 lb-ft) of torque.

That’s already more than what you’d get in the outgoing BMW M3, and probably a tad extra than in the upcoming one. And flat-out, the high-performance Italian SUV will eventually top out at 283 km/h (176 mph), and go from 0 to 100 km/h (0-62 mph) in just 3.8 seconds.
In the following video, the Stelvio Quadrifoglio didn’t reach its top speed, but at 270 km/h (168 mph), it was very close. The run took place on a German Autobahn, so you may want to clear your schedule for the next 3 and a half minutes and check out the clip.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXl1X24KVGQ