Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > (Almost) Anything Goes

Unread 2019-05-11, 08:06 PM   #401
xXSTi-lynXx

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 219
Thanks (Received): 135
Likes (Given): 1225
Likes (Received): 1043
Dislikes (Given): 69
Dislikes (Received): 82

Oh, suck my balls while your at it.
Unread 2019-05-12, 09:21 AM   #402
kcstreeter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 95
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by black96z28 View Post
First post in 8 years maybe? I stopped visiting the site when I sold my Camaro. I don't street race anymore, married with 1 kid and another on the way. My wife drives a Lexus sedan and I drive a company car. I probably logged into this forum 15 times/week on average back in the day. I used it as a resource to help troubleshoot mechanical problems/ DIY's for mod installs on the F-body. I would venture to guess members getting older and evolving into the typical middle class non street racing life is to blame for most of the issues in lieu of the site doing something terribly wrong. All the drama and bullshit was there back then and is still here now, never was a factor for me. Facebook blows and could never deliver the kind of car specific content that KCSR delivered back in the day so I don't buy the social media ousting forum theory.

Forums are the best place to get non biased information on purchases IMO. That is what I use them for. I don't want to talk to some asshat salesman who's only motivation is commission or a sale.
Pretty much sums it up I think. When I joined in 04 I was in my early 30s and had 3 kids in grade school, drove a Cavalier and a Caprice and didnt race much except when I was with my friends who had fast cars and raced often. Now Im nearly 50 my kids are in their 20's and 1 has a kid of their own. I drive a Cruze, Focus, and an Expedition. And only got a couple of friends that have fast cars and race. The rest I barely talk to anymore or dont talk to at all. But life is still good. Granddaughter and wife keep me busy.
kcstreeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-05-13, 09:56 AM   #403
ReidStylez
Yahh Trick Yahh!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 45
Likes (Received): 948
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcstreeter View Post
Pretty much sums it up I think. When I joined in 04 I was in my early 30s and had 3 kids in grade school, drove a Cavalier and a Caprice and didnt race much except when I was with my friends who had fast cars and raced often. Now Im nearly 50 my kids are in their 20's and 1 has a kid of their own. I drive a Cruze, Focus, and an Expedition. And only got a couple of friends that have fast cars and race. The rest I barely talk to anymore or dont talk to at all. But life is still good. Granddaughter and wife keep me busy.
It's crazy to think you joined in your early 30's and now you're almost 50. You make me feel old now and I'm only mid 30's. ha

EDIT: I also see you're in Grain Valley too.
Unread 2019-05-13, 10:10 AM   #404
Albatross

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 100
Thanks (Received): 190
Likes (Given): 277
Likes (Received): 1331
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 71

Ok, so when are we having an OG meet and discuss how old we are, good ol days, what we are driving now, and mutual hatred for other members? I have a feeling everyone could take a Sunday for a few hours and a certain someone in here can have a large table waiting for us at a reputable establishment to do so.

Just a thought.
Unread 2019-05-13, 10:12 AM   #405
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 267
Likes (Given): 67
Likes (Received): 1990
Dislikes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
Ok, so when are we having an OG meet and discuss how old we are, good ol days, what we are driving now, and mutual hatred for other members? I have a feeling everyone could take a Sunday for a few hours and a certain someone in here can have a large table waiting for us at a reputable establishment to do so.

Just a thought.
I like the way you think

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 84USNGT liked this post
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-05-13, 10:48 AM   #406
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 488
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 4145
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatross View Post

Just a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
I like the way you think

I'll post up an invite in the premium section.

Unread 2019-05-13, 11:05 AM   #407
DIYAutoRepair
**Sponsor**

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 202
Likes (Given): 74
Likes (Received): 1369
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post

I need to PM Mantooth for my access to the premium section.
Visit us at http://diyautorepairkc.com/
or call (913) 226-3806

Favorite car from the past (73 Pinto)
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 84USNGT, BMc liked this post
DIYAutoRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-05-13, 12:44 PM   #408
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Iíd rather find us a neutral spot though. That way if Buddy Leeís kid starts acting up and I have to tell him to pipe down I donít have to worry about getting beat up AND losing my job.

Unread 2019-05-13, 01:39 PM   #409
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 267
Likes (Given): 67
Likes (Received): 1990
Dislikes (Received): 35

Quote:
Iíd rather find us a neutral spot though. That way if Buddy Leeís kid starts acting up and I have to tell him to pipe down I donít have to worry about getting beat up AND losing my job.

He could probably take you himself at this point.

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-05-13, 03:07 PM   #410
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
He could probably take you himself at this point.

Tell him to run up.
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-05-13, 07:08 PM   #411
LTe

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 107
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 845
Likes (Received): 297
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 11

Quote:

Well that leaves me out. I'm just not premium material anymore.
Unread 2019-05-14, 08:43 AM   #412
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTe View Post
Well that leaves me out. I'm just not premium material anymore.

Well my membership allows me to bring a guest, but you have previously stated that you had no desire to ever cross paths with me.

If you are saying there's a chance...
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-05-17, 03:17 PM   #413
black96z28

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachO_SRT View Post
FUCK DUDE -

Welcome back - wheres the 'mero now? track it down, lets get back to speaker road.

I am sure it is in many places all at once at this point. I have started a little fund I throw cash into every once in awhile to buy an old muscle car beater and restore it with my boys step by step from the ground up once they are of age. We will take classes together at JCCC or something similar to learn the work. Should be some life lessons, some cuss words and some late greasy nights!
Unread 2019-06-05, 06:41 PM   #414
Cherokee4x4

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Dislikes (Received): 5

I didnt know kcsr was thing still until it randomly
Showed up on fb few months back
Cherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-06-08, 12:32 AM   #415
PoXiC
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 67
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 424
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3

Ok so I'll chime in. I used to be on this site all the time. Hours at a time. I'd log in and go straight to pics/video to see what everyone was up to with their cars, or who crashed their shit last weekend. Then I'd head to AAG to bullshit with you guys. Then after the heat died down in the arguments and everyone was done trying to get in the "last word" I'd go to the classifieds and try to lowball some of you guys for your used speed parts. I was at all the car meets. I went to a majority of the parties. I made some great lifelong friends, and was less than friends with a bunch of you.

And don't say for a second that it's the way we shitpost or troll new people. That was a fucking staple around here for years. How many of KCSR's greatest threads were blood soaked drama festivals? We would torrentially bully the fucking shit out of eachother. It was like growing up in a house with 100 older brothers. It was fucking awesome.

Another big draw of forums to me was all the stuff I could learn by asking you guys for advice. When I started doing this shit, I was a fucking RETARD. I was always in the Automotive Lounge picking your guys brains, and searching up tech threads. When you'd find that big-ass post someone made with picture after detailed picture showing step-by-step the job you were about to try; it was like winning the lottery. Now? Ask a question and people will typically just tell you to google it. Anything you want to learn is a click away at YouTube no matter how specific the task... so the days of the tech forum are long gone, and probably will never return.

There was never really a single moment when I started to fade away. I still like to race. I still have my Nova. I still like to share a beer from time to time with old faces. It's just that so many more "adult" things started to take more of my time. I was 17 when I started lurking here, I was living in my parents basement, and I had nothing better to do with my time, or anything better to spend my money on. Now? I'm 35. I have a career in public safety that would be OVER if I got caught gambling on a street race. Wife. Kids. Mortgage. You know... Life shit. And that's OK. We all need to grow.

But in the end, what kept me around was one thing. Community.

It's not like the community we had went anywhere, it just didn't fit with what my life was becoming anymore. And I think that happened to a lot of other people too.

If you want to make KCSR great again, you're going to need to get some fresh blood. Host a few meets. Make some new friends. Throw a goddamn party. Many of us OGs will never be back like we were. The nostalgia is fun, but nostalgia can't hold a candle to the staying power of the passion of a young person with lots of free time. The rest of us old folks have to get up early to get the kids off to school.

tl:dr - Rebrand this bitch and start over.

1974 Nova
Build thread: 1 2
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 4 Likes, 0 Dislikes

Last edited by PoXiC; 2019-06-08 at 12:37 AM..
PoXiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2019-06-08, 12:57 AM   #416
PoXiC
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 67
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 424
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 3

As far as little things: Yeah it's time to distill the classifieds down into 3 sections. There's not enough traffic for it to matter anymore.

Cars.
Parts.
Other.

Also we can probably merge or close a ton of these subs.

1974 Nova
Build thread: 1 2
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes bwiencek liked this post
PoXiC is offline   Reply With Quote