Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2018-11-05, 01:15 PM   #1
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
Default AMC | Rick Grimes Trilogy announced

AMC Officially Announces Trilogy Of RICK GRIMES Movies As THE WALKING DEAD Universe Expansion Begins

We heard rumblings last night that Andrew Lincoln may reprise the role of Rick Grimes in a movie but AMC has now confirmed that a trilogy is the works as the network begins an expansion of the franchise.

Last night, Andrew Lincoln bid farewell to The Walking Dead...for now. AMC Studios has officially announced that a series of original films starring the British actor are in the works which will see him reprise the role of Rick Grimes. Chief Content Officer Scott M. Gimple is writing the trilogy, while production is expected to begin as soon as next year.

Lincoln describes it as "the end of the beginning" and it sounds like the scope of these movies which will continue the character's story are going to have a much wider scope than the TV show.

"I like the idea that we get to tell a bigger story, maybe with a sort of wider vista. And I’ve always been interested in what’s going on out there, you know, whether or not there is contact with the wider world. I want to know the meta of it all. And I suppose to be able to kind of touch upon that in a contained story for me is a very exciting proposition. Maybe it’s the start of a bigger story."

AMC and Gimple reportedly has a multi-year plan for The Walking Dead Universe and there are a number of projects in development, including more movies, specials, TV shows, and digital content. How many of those will become a reality after ratings for season nine have plummeted is obviously hard to say as of right now. Here's what Gimple has to say about what's next:
"We have a lot on the horizon – starting with a new epic featuring one of the greatest leading actors in television history and one of the best people I’ve ever met. These films are going to be big evolutions of what we’ve been doing on the show, with the scope and scale of features. We’re starting with the first part of the continuing story of Rick Grimes, and there is much more on the way, featuring yet-unseen worlds of The Walking Dead and faces from the show’s past, as well as new characters we hope to become favorites, told by TWD veterans and emerging voices. We want to break new ground with different, distinct stories, all part of the same world that’s captured our imagination for nearly a decade of the Dead."
Deadline confirms that the plan is for the first Rick Grimes movie to explore where he was taken on that helicopter and to focus on what he faces in a "new corner of the zombie apocalypse."Are you guys excited to see what the future holds in store for The Walking Dead Universe? Sound off below.

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4

Last edited by JDLM; 2018-11-05 at 01:18 PM..
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-05, 01:21 PM   #2
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

"It is about who he is and who he's going to be — and certainly how he deals with the situation he's in," Gimple says. "We know Rick Grimes, he would want to be home." Does that mean he'll eventually return to the main series? That's certainly something we could see happen in the series finale!

Unread 2018-11-05, 01:22 PM   #3
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Why Andrew Lincoln Said Yes To The Movies

We've heard a lot about Lincoln leaving The Walking Dead so he can spend more time with his family so what's the deal with him now agreeing to star in a trilogy of movies? Well, while details are still being finalised, it's said that production on each movie will only last two months which is a huge contrast to the nine months he spent a year shooting the show in Atlanta.

"Rick Grimes is an amazing character and Andy has done an amazing performance. There were story ideas brewing that, as the years went on, seemed very compatible with continuing to tell the Rick story in another format that would allow him time with his family," Gimple says, confirming that, yes, Rick obviously survives his injuries.

Unread 2018-11-06, 07:52 PM   #4
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

'The Walking Dead': Rick Grimes Movie Details Revealed

The first details regarding AMC's efforts to bring a Rick Grimes movie to life in The Walking Dead universe are slipping out.

Spoilers for The Walking Dead Episode 9x05 follow. Major spoilers!

With Rick Grimes having flown away from Alexandria in a helicopter with Jadis and an unknown pilot to an unknown location, the possibilities are endless. However, the Dead universe's cheif content officer Scott Gimple has revealed a few details regarding the upcoming trilogy he is aiming for.
Firstly, the story will bring Andrew Lincoln stateside again, despite his desire to leave the AMC series in the first place spawning from his wish to spend more time in the United Kingdom with his family. "London is unlikely," Gimple tells THR, "but you never know." AMC programming president David Madden, who recently filled the void left by Charlie Collier's exit to a new gig at Fox added, "My guess is we'll probably shoot somewhere in North America; it's just probably easy to match some version of the terrain we live in."

Regarding the plot of the film, Gimple is not offering much other than the "A" and "B" mystery which Jadis continuously teed up will be a factor. "That serves the overall story to this next story that we have for Rick," Gimple said. Furthermore, Gimple revealed a sensible aspect to the plan. "We know Rick Grimes. He would want to be home."

"He will appear in all three of the TV-movies, too. "I'm going to give you a spoiler here: he does survive," Gimple said. "Well, I'm going to say he's in all three movies. I hate going that far, but that's crazy not to say."
The fact of the matter is, the movies themselves don't actually exist yet. Ideas for the films have been tossed around behind the scenes but a script has not been presented to Lincoln and the actor has not yet signed on for the projects.

"There are a lot of different ways to tell The Walking Dead and we're going to tell it in different ways," Gimple says. "We don't want to see people doing the same thing, with the same motivations or people with the same lives; it needs to be differentiated from each other in the types of stories that they're telling, themes and the tones we're exploring." Whether or not the movies lead Rick back to the characters still telling stories on Sunday nights remains to be seen.

"We look at this as a very long-term proposition," Madden said. In the end, the plans is to make these titles feel like "large, big scope movie that will feel like a major motion picture," more so than another episode of The Walking Dead.

Last edited by JDLM; 2018-11-06 at 07:59 PM..
Unread 2018-11-07, 02:00 PM   #5
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew Lincoln Will Never Return To The Walking Dead TV Show

While Rick Grimes' story will continue, Andrew Lincoln is ruling out a return on The Walking Dead TV show. Both The Walking Dead comics and TV show are told from the perspective of Rick Grimes, a former police officer who awakens from a coma to find himself in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. Rick then had to lead his family and a group of survivors to safety from both the walking dead and brutal members of the still living.

While The Walking Dead series isn’t a strict adaptation of the comic that preceded it, Rick always remained at the heart of the story. That’s all set to change, with Lincoln recently departing the show after nine seasons. While Grimes' death was heavily teased, Rick ultimately survived his final episode, and it’s since been confirmed a series of three Walking Dead TV movies will find the character having to deal with a whole new set of problems in another survivor community.

Related: Unanswered Questions After Rick's Final Episode
Of course, Rick’s departure is going to lead to big changes on The Walking Dead show. While Rick’s adventures will continue elsewhere, in a recent interview with The New York Times Lincoln ruled out any sort of comeback on the series, stating plainly, "I can categorically say that I will not be returning to the TV show."

The actor also revealed he’s relieved he can finally talk about The Walking Dead movies now fans know the character survived: "It was a compromise because I didn’t want to be disingenuous to fans, but then, of course, I didn’t want to give away the story. But yes, I’m very relieved that I can talk about it now."

The Walking Dead producer Scott Gimple has stated elsewhere that while the character is returning for the movies, fans should know Rick won’t be coming back to the show. The TV movies are said to be bigger in scale, with AMC seeking to expand the universe of the franchise.
While Andrew Lincoln is never likely to return to The Walking Dead series in any major way, it also feels like a given that when the show finally ends, Rick will make some kind of return appearance or cameo. With the departure of its main character, fans will be curious to see how the show will function, and while ratings have noticeably dipped this season, both fans and critics feel the overall quality has been a big improvement on the last few years.

Unread 2018-12-02, 06:06 PM   #6
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

‘The Walking Dead’ Star Offers New Rick Grimes Movie Details

Pollyanna McIntosh, who starred as Jadis-slash-Anne on The Walking Dead before absconding with a gravely injured Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) in a helicopter midway through Season Nine, says “things are in process” on the trilogy of Rick-led television movies being overseen by chief content officer Scott Gimple.

Appearing at Fan Fest San Jose over the weekend, McIntosh said she can “be very clear in assuming” her involvement in the movies after admitting in November she knew little about the closely guarded project.

“We’re going to see where Rick is, so she would be there,” McIntosh said, adding she hopes to be involved. “Things are in process right now, it’s exciting. I’m not ready to leave her behind yet.”

McIntosh noted last month she’s yet to see a script, but the actress appears to have some idea of where the story is headed, saying at Fan Fest there will come “more of an understanding of the community that [the helicopter group] came from and that I’m going to with them.”
Gimple previously told EW Lincoln will not be returning to the television series and that Anne would be involved with at least the first movie in the planned trilogy as she was aboard the helicopter now being piloted to parts unknown.
The movie will detail the “vast mythology” behind the well-equipped helicopter group and will bring with it answers about the “A” and “B” classification, used on Rick, Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and Father Gabriel (Seth Gilliam). That same group was responsible for the disappearance of the MIA Heath (Corey Hawkins), who was last seen in Season Seven episode “Swear.”

The mystery surrounding the helicopter community that ultimately took off with Rick — now believed dead for six years on The Walking Dead, where he’s mourned by brother Daryl (Norman Reedus), lover Michonne (Danai Gurira), and children Judith (Cailey Fleming) and R.J. (Antony Azor) — is a plot that has been quietly unfolding for years, mapped out by Gimple as a means of writing out Lincoln without killing off Rick Grimes.

“He was a little secretive, even with [the writers’ room], about what it was. He did let me in on some of it at some point last year,” showrunner Angela Kang told THR.
“We went into this season with a pretty good knowledge about the intention behind the helicopter and where it would lead.”

It leads to that first Rick Grimes movie, now being eyed for a 2019 production start.

“I am extremely hard at work on the first one right now, and most likely filming next year, though I’m freaking out about deadlines right now, so I’m not going to tell you exactly when because it will only make me pass out,” Gimple told EW.

Gimple added the movies would come “sooner than later,” noting the films would not be made on “television schedules.”

“This is going to be on feature schedules, and they’re going to be big, so they’re going to take a minute to make,” he said.

Unread 2018-12-06, 07:48 PM   #7
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

'The Walking Dead' Star Reveals Rick Grimes Movie Details

The Walking Dead movies are being vigorously developed behind-the-scenes according to Jadis actress

McIntosh joined the AMC show in its seventh season. Early in the ninth season, her mysterious character who has gone by both Anne and Jadis (while also having served as both friend and foe) flew away in a helicopter with Rick Grimes. As the story goes, the two are never expected to be seen again on the flagship series but instead in a trilogy of films. During a panel at Walker Stalker Con, McIntosh said what she could about the progress.

“Yeah, it’s being spoken about by Gimple now so I can be very clear in assuming," McIntosh said. "We’re going to see where Rick is, so she would be there. That’s a long winded way to say yeah, I hope so. Things are in process right now. It’s exciting. I’m not ready to leave her behind yet.”
That's about as close to a confirmation of McIntosh reprising her role in the Dead universe as the actress is going to be able to offer for some time. She didn't stop there, though. She also promised some interesting developments about her character's mysterious pals.
“There will definitely be more of an understanding of the community that they came from and that I’m going to with them, so yes," McIntosh said.

As for whether or not she will go by Anne or Jadis, it seems the latter was a fraud to help her fit in while the latter indicates her true persona. “She’s always been Jadis," McIntosh explained. "Whether she’s choosing to be considered as Ann or not at this point is a good question, but I don’t think she needs to be Anne anymore.”

Last edited by JDLM; 2018-12-06 at 07:50 PM..
Unread 2018-12-10, 03:42 PM   #8
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Rick Grimes Star Andrew Lincoln Wanted to Do a ‘Walking Dead’ Movie “for Years”

Rick Grimes star Andrew Lincoln, who exited The Walking Dead earlier this season in favor of a three-movie deal, has wanted to make the switch to movies “for years,” according to former co-star Chandler Riggs.
“He’s been wanting to do movies for years. He was saying since Season Three or Four, he was like, ‘Dude, we should do a movie, it would be so cool to do a full-on movie in theaters,’” Riggs said at San Jose Fan Fest.

“I was like, ‘That would be so sick, I’m super down,’ and it really became a thing. But for it to finally be announced and actually be confirmed, it’s super, super sick.”
Lincoln inked a deal to reappear as Rick Grimes in a trilogy of television movies to be produced by AMC Studios, the first of which will explore where the severely wounded Rick was transported to after being rescued by Anne (Pollyanna McIntosh).

The self-exiled Anne absconded with the now presumed dead Alexandrian leader in a helicopter headed to parts unknown before a six-year time skip brought The Walking Dead into the future, having moved on from Rick as Lincoln is confirmed to not be returning to the television side of the quickly expanding Walking Dead Universe.
AMC will mine the brand under chief content officer and former Walking Dead showrunner Scott Gimple, who will shepherd additional films, specials, series, and other digital content out of that universe, currently comprised of the flagship series and spinoff Fear the Walking Dead.

“It is really important for the audience to know that we are going to be continuing to tell the story of Rick Grimes in these AMC Studios original films. We don’t want this thing to be like, ‘Oh, well, he’ll be back on the show any moment now,’” Gimple previously told EW.
“We are telling Rick’s story in another medium, and it’s going to be these AMC Studios original films. They’re going to be on AMC, most probably. They’re centered around Rick Grimes. We’re going to tell the story of what happens after that helicopter flight, and these are going to be big, epic entertainments.”
Where Rick is headed has yet to be revealed, with Gimple saying only “he’s flying off in a helicopter, away from Virginia, and it’s going to be a new world — a very new situation with its own history, and very, very different from what we’ve seen before.”

Lincoln had a say in how his exit was handled, showrunner Angela Kang told ET when explaining the writers’ room engaged in “many great conversations” with the Rick Grimes star concerning his future.
Following an eight-year run as the character, Lincoln was adamant when it came to Rick’s fate: he didn’t want his former sheriff’s deputy killed off, at least not quite yet, but wanted to ease his Walking Dead duties, which took him away from his family overseas for most months out of the year.
“I mean, I know he loved being on the show and loved being a part of it, but I think the main reason was his family. He’s a very family [oriented] man,” Riggs said of Lincoln when asked if he believes Carl’s death played a part in Lincoln’s decision to leave the show.

When told by the panel host it would be “cool” if Riggs reappeared in a Walking Dead movie of his own, Riggs only smiled.

Unread 2019-01-04, 07:34 PM   #9
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

‘The Walking Dead’ Movies Will Complete Rick Grimes’ Story, Says Andrew Lincoln

The Walking Dead star Andrew Lincoln, who will lead a trilogy of television movies as Rick Grimes after exiting the mothership series in Season Nine, says the movies will continue and then “complete” Rick’s story.

Lincoln and Walking Dead chief content officer Scott Gimple, then-showrunner on the flagship series, mapped out an exit strategy as far back as Season Four that originally would have come to fruition in Season Eight, Lincoln told THR:

“That coincided with my personal reasons — which, on my end, are that kids become less portable as they get older. And yet there was a part of me that thought, ‘I don’t think I'm done with the guy,’” Lincoln said.

“I love this character; I love the world that we inhabit. So why don’t we try to potentially continue this story in a different way and maybe complete his story so the mothership can continue?”

The father-of-two explained there were “many iterations” of Rick’s departure from the main series, some of which would have ended with Rick’s death. The decision to instead spare Rick and spring him into his own movie franchise came “rather late” during Season Eight, and was until then a “pipe dream.”

“I said, ‘Wouldn’t it be nice to do this.’ It’s never been done by a cable TV channel and I didn’t think it would come to much,” Lincoln admitted.

“Quite astonishingly, at the end of last year, they said, ‘Let’s go for it.’ This organically grew out from last year. There were versions [of the episode] that Rick wasn’t going to make it. But thankfully it went this way!”

Rick’s endgame continuing past Season Eight and subsequently Season Nine came in part from “the good people at AMC, who just said no and they thought it would be an interesting and exciting proposition to expand rather than contract the show,” Lincoln added.

“Realistically, this decision was all about time. For me to want to do a limited number of episodes [of The Walking Dead] a year wouldn't feel like I was doing my job properly because playing this part has been so all-encompassing. I think I would get frustrated with that. So the idea of being able to contain the story and still work just as hard and tell a different story in maybe a more expansive narrative way seemed very exciting to me.”

Asked if he would have walked away from the franchise if there wasn’t an offshoot for Rick, Lincoln said, “Yes, I think I would,” before reiterating he left solely because of familial responsibilities.

“But there is a certain sense that because I have known about the ongoing story of Rick Grimes, it has tempered that feeling of the curtain closing,” Lincoln said.

“It was complicated going to [San Diego] Comic-Con and telling 10,000 people that this will be my last season because I didn’t want it to come out and seem disingenuous when people realized that Rick’s not going [anywhere]. I didn’t want it to feel like an obituary tour. I wanted people to experience it in real time, say, ‘What the hell?!’ And then realize there’s a helicopter involved.”

That plan — ultimately culminating in an injured Rick being scooped up and whisked away in a helicopter by Anne (Pollyanna McIntosh), giving way to a six-year time jump that left his closest allies believing him dead — quietly unfolded for years and was hinted at as far back as late 2017.

McIntosh, expected to join Lincoln in the movies, has since said she believes Michonne (Danai Gurira) and Daryl (Norman Reedus) would be “quite pissed off” with Anne should they learn Rick survived his apparent death at the bridge where he made his last stand when saving his friends from a relentless horde of walkers.

While Lincoln will not be returning to the television series, a happy reunion in the movie-side of the franchise is possible: Reedus and Carol star Melissa McBride have since inked three-year franchise deals allowing for potential appearances outside the main series, while Gurira reportedly entered into negotiations for a similar contract extension.

Gimple, who will pen the script for the first Rick Grimes movie, has since said Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman will be heavily involved with the Lincoln-led movie franchise. AMC is looking to begin production on that project sometime this year.

Unread 2019-03-23, 03:17 PM   #10
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

It Looks Like THE WALKING DEAD Fans Are Finally Going To Be Getting Details On That Movie Trilogy

The departure of leader Rick Grimes was a downer for fans but the announcement of a trilogy of films for the hero is promising to do him justice, and it looks like we'll be learning more soon. Read on!

In Issue 1 of The Walking Dead made it was made clear that the story was about Rick Grimes, and it is because of this that there was so much controversy surrounding the character's departure from AMC's hit adaptation of the series. In a time where tentpole characters Maggie and Carl are gone, it seemed to be just another negative mark on the show.

However, it was soon revealed that although Andrew Lincoln has left the television series permanently, he will instead be the star of a The Walking Dead movie trilogy that will likely feature on AMC. The following are comments that Scott Gimple, writer of the untitled Rick Grimes-centric film from November when he spoke with Entertainment Weekly.

“It is really important for the audience to know that we are going to be continuing to tell the story of Rick Grimes in these AMC Studios original films. We don’t want this thing to be like, ‘Oh, well, he’ll be back on the show any moment now.’ We are telling Rick’s story in another medium, and it’s going to be these AMC Studios original films. They’re going to be on AMC, most probably. They’re centered around Rick Grimes. We’re going to tell the story of what happens after that helicopter flight, and these are going to be big, epic entertainments.”
Since then there hasn't been many updates but there has been work done behind the scenes, and these comments in a recent issue of The Walking Dead's letterhacks from creator Robert Kirkman which promote the entire The Walking Dead universe touts that we will definitely know more soon!
"Season 9 of the show is in full swing! And I hope you guys are as thrilled to see THE WHISPERERS come to life as we are here at Skybound Central. New showrunner Angela Kang has just been doing marvelous work over there. And Greg Nicotero’s work (both directing and overseeing the makeup effects) continues to be a high water mark. And there’s just SO MUCH cooking behind the scenes with TWD now that Scott Gimple has stepped into his overseer role on the TV side of things. Stay tuned for all kinds of news as we get closer to the launch of Season 5 of Fear The Walking Dead and we get deeper into development on this Rick Grimes TV movie. There’s some great stuff coming!”
Meanwhile, what is going on in Andrew Lincoln's head as he makes the transition after 9 years of leading an ensemble cast? Here are his comments with New York Times.
“You know what he’s capable of, and I thought the idea of a character that the audience knows and has lived with — and who has oscillated between psycho and father for nine years — to start in a completely different place, was a really interesting, crazy place to begin. I want to know why we keep seeing helicopters flying around. What’s going on? What have the grown-ups been doing while we’ve been scrambling around in the dirt?”
What are your guys' thoughts of these comments and the movies in general? Are you excited to see Rick in another scenario, or do you think the main series suffers in his absence? Let us know below and make sure to check out the penultimate episode of the The Walking Dead Season 9 on Sunday!

Unread 2019-05-28, 01:44 PM   #11
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

The Walking Dead Will Update Rick Movies Sooner Than Later

The Walking Dead and its respective parties have remained quiet in regards to the Rick Grimestrilogy of films promised when Andrew Lincoln made his exit in the show's ninth season. Fans have since grown frustrated with the silence but the wait might finally be coming to an end if Skybound's Mail Bag is any indication. Skybound, the publisher of Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic, promises there is an update on the horizon.
In the Mail Bag blog from the official Skybound site, insider Johnny O'Dell fielded questions from fans, including one regarding the Rick Grimes movies. "We promise you guys will get an update sooner rather than later," O'Dell wrote. "Seriously."
How soon is that? Well, there are a few good options for when AMC can finally let some details regarding the Rick Grimes movies spinning off of The Walking Dead can drop. San Diego Comic Con is a little more than a month away, slated for mid-July. Fear the Walking Dead is set to make its Season 5 debut on Sunday night with a Talking Dead episode following it. The episode will also come with its connections to the larger Dead universe, so explaining these on the talk show or promising a future explanation elsewhere could include movie news on Sunday night. Still, it seems more likely AMC would wait to have all eyes on their Hall H presentation in July later in the summer.
The promised trilogy of films have not affected The Walking Dead as much as some might suspect if showrunner Angela Kang's sentiments are any indication. "There's every once in awhile, there will be something related to the universe where it's more like Scott's like, 'Hey, you know this idea you guys have? This sort of treads on something that I'm working on right now, so can you maybe change this aspect or that aspect?'" Kang told ComicBook.com.
An example of how Gimple's work is impacting The Walking Dead's narrative has already been on display earlier in Season Nine. "And then there were a few things with Rick, where it's like, 'Okay, Rick has to go off in a helicopter,'" Kang explained. However, fans shouldn't expect the movies in development to impact the series in any major ways in the near future. "So, there's things like that that are very specific, but for the most part, the show exists in its own thing, because it's like the show is based on the comic book," Kang said. "That's unique to The Walking Dead, the mothership show, and so that's kind of our guiding post. We're not bumping up against it too much."
For now, check out ComicBook.com's guide to Everything We Know About The Rick Grimes Movies.

Unread 2019-07-19, 05:46 PM   #12
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew Lincoln’s Walking Dead Movies Will Head To Theaters

Andrew Lincoln’s Walking Dead Movies Will Head To Theaters

On the night of Andrew Lincoln’s final appearance in The Walking Dead, AMC announced he would reprise his role as Rick Grimes in a trilogy of Walking Dead movies. However, it appears that AMC now has more ambitious plans.
At Comic-Con, it was announced that The Walking Dead movie will now be a theatrical release. Universal Pictures will distribute the film, while AMC will produce it. The project doesn’t currently have a release date or a creative team attached

Currently, the Rick Grimes trilogy is the subject of conjecture from fans of the show. The series has already wildly veered from the comic book’s story by killing off Rick’s son, Carl, among other characters. Presumably the film will deal with Rick’s fate after he was taken away by helicopter after a nearly fatal run-in with the walkers.
It has also been rumored that Danai Gurira may join Lincoln in the films. The upcoming tenth season of The Walking Dead will be the end of Gurira’s run as well. She’s played Michonne on the series since season 3. In another departure from the comic, Rick and Michonne are lovers on the series. That makes her inclusion in the movie more likely as well.

Unread 2019-07-19, 05:50 PM   #13
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead...mes-comic-con/