Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Careers, Colleges, Jobs

Unread 2016-04-06, 06:43 PM   #1
MymonteSS

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 119
Dislikes (Given): 21
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default True North Management services looking for Field Techs and Tower Climbers.

My new employer has asked me a few times if I knew anyone looking for a job, and I've asked almost everyone I know, so figured I'd ask here too just Incase.
They are a upcoming company in the telecommunications wireless cell phone tower industry.

Think you have to be 18 to be offered the job. if you're under 21 you won't be able to drive a company truck.
There are 2 positions available

1. Tower climber/rigger and what ever else is involved with climbing. With climbing you will be taught to climb up the cell phone tower safely with the proper climbing harness and equipment. You'll hang up antennas for new builds, remove old ones, and other various tasks. It's also a great position to tell the ladies and they are always impressed with the dudes who climb the towers.

2. Ground Field tech (what I am)
With this position you will not climb unless you really want to be trained to. But they often use one man lifts. There's a lot of digging, setting up and installing new equipment in the shelters.

A little more

Full benefits after 60 days
This job does require travel but it's only weekly. So you'll be home every weekend
Weekly pay check
Verteran owned company (I've met the owners, they are pretty cool)

You don't need any experience in either field as they'll train for whatever position you decide.

They started me at a reasonable rate as I had experience. I'm going to guess $13 an hour for starting with no experience. But don't quote me because I don't know. Could be more. I don't know what some of the new climbers would start at but there's plenty of opportunities for raises. ( I think 2 a year)

Last edited by MymonteSS; 2016-04-06 at 07:36 PM..
MymonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-05-18, 07:51 PM   #2
RiskyRick

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 77
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 380
Dislikes (Given): 51
Dislikes (Received): 19

I never could say yes to the place that you referred me to before because of the gone 3 weeks, back one weekend deal. That and wanting me to leave the next day both times I talked to the guy.

I'd be really interested in this, though, if it's only a week at a time. Are they still needing people? How many hours a week- is it as overtime driven as the previous outfit?
RiskyRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-05-18, 07:57 PM   #3
MymonteSS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyRick View Post
I never could say yes to the place that you referred me to before because of the gone 3 weeks, back one weekend deal. That and wanting me to leave the next day both times I talked to the guy.

I'd be really interested in this, though, if it's only a week at a time. Are they still needing people? How many hours a week- is it as overtime driven as the previous outfit?
I think the tower climbers get more hours then us ground crew people. But I haven't had more then 50 hours yet. But the ground guys work is a little slow right now with more stuff coming. And yeah the 3 weeks gone was pretty crappy. I haven't been gone a full week yet and it's been 2 months that I've worked so far. They are always looking for people to get hired on!
Unread 2016-05-18, 10:00 PM   #4
RiskyRick

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 77
Thanks (Received): 59
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 380
Dislikes (Given): 51
Dislikes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MymonteSS View Post
I think the tower climbers get more hours then us ground crew people. But I haven't had more then 50 hours yet. But the ground guys work is a little slow right now with more stuff coming. And yeah the 3 weeks gone was pretty crappy. I haven't been gone a full week yet and it's been 2 months that I've worked so far. They are always looking for people to get hired on!
What do I need to do to find out more and throw my name in the hat?
RiskyRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-05-20, 11:46 AM   #5
MymonteSS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyRick View Post
What do I need to do to find out more and throw my name in the hat?

I actually applied from Indeed.com. Search for True North Managment Services LLC. or if you're feeling froggy, you can call Justin at (314) 960-7266 and he can tell you more. Just tell him Evin had you call. There's only one Evin so he will know.