Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Unread 2018-03-20, 03:58 PM   #51
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs sign restricted free agent nose tackle Xavier Williams

March 20, 2018 03:16 PM
Updated 40 minutes ago

The Chiefs have signed restricted free agent nose tackle Xavier Williams, a source told The Star on Tuesday.
As a restricted free agent, Arizona — Williams' former team — had an opportunity to match the offer the Chiefs made to Williams. They declined to match, a source told The Star.
Williams, 26, is a local guy. The 6-foot-4, 311-pounder graduated from Grandview High School. He went undrafted out of Northern Iowa in 2015 and has recorded 28 tackles and a half-sack in three seasons.
Williams, who is known as a run stopper, is coming off his best season. In 11 games (one start) for the Cardinals, he recorded a career-high 20 tackles and also forced a fumble.

Williams will have an opportunity to play immediately. The Chiefs' starter at nose tackle last year, Bennie Logan, made $8 million last season and is still a free agent.
The only other nose tackles on the roster are Justin Hamilton, who recorded two tackles and a half-sack in his only game last season, and second-year pro Josh Augusta, a developmental prospect who was signed to a reserve-futures deal.

Last edited by JDLM; 2018-03-20 at 04:02 PM..
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-03-20, 04:50 PM   #52
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 88
Likes (Received): 354
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 20

Chiefs sign restricted free agent NT Xavier Williams

Pro Football Focus ranked Williams as an “above average” defensive lineman, 42nd out of all graded defensive linemen.
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-03-20, 04:51 PM   #53
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Dolphins free agent RB Damien Williams has visits set up with Chiefs and Colts
Unread 2018-03-21, 12:47 PM   #54
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs working on a deal with TE Benjamin Watson

The Kansas City Chiefs are looking at a veteran tight end. According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Chiefs are working on a deal for veteran tight end Benjamin Watson.

Watson is no spring chicken at 37 years old but he still put up 61 catches for 522 yards last year after tearing his ACL the year before. Watson would become the oldest player on the roster if the Chiefs signed him. He came into the league in the 2004 draft, one year before Dustin Colquitt. He’s still productive so I wouldn’t have a problem with the Chiefs taking a look here.
Demetrius Harris, the Chiefs current No. 2 tight end, is entering the final year of his contract. The Chiefs can get about $2 million in salary cap relief by cutting him. He has been with the Chiefs for five years but most Chiefs fans probably remember some of his key drops more than anything else (actually, I remember the touchdown catch from Dontari Poe). We’ll see how the Chiefs view Watson if they end up signing him. They have other tight ends (hi, Jace Amaro) but I would guess based on Watson’s history he would come in and be the No. 2.
Unread 2018-03-21, 05:27 PM   #55
bryon123456789

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 59
Likes (Received): 53
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 1

Gah we need to beef up our defense more. The less we do with Defensive FA the more i think it will be the draft focus.
Unread 2018-03-21, 10:02 PM   #56
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryon123456789 View Post
Gah we need to beef up our defense more. The less we do with Defensive FA the more i think it will be the draft focus.
draft will be huge. Once other teams draft and cut more players between the preseason, chiefs will pick some of them up too.
Unread 2018-03-22, 02:11 PM   #57
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs sign former Dolphins RB Damien Williams
Unread 2018-03-22, 02:24 PM   #58
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher View Post
Chiefs sign former Dolphins RB Damien Williams
Guessing this means Charcandrick or Ware is going?
Unread 2018-03-22, 02:33 PM   #59
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricerking13 View Post
Guessing this means Charcandrick or Ware is going?
Or Ware's recovery isn't going well.
I could see either being cut. West is decent in pass blocking, sucks in rushing.

Ware is a better overall back, but coming over a major injury.
Unread 2018-03-22, 02:33 PM   #60
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Free agent WR Kendall Wright visiting Kansas City Chiefs
Unread 2018-03-22, 05:13 PM   #61
bryon123456789

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 59
Likes (Received): 53
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher View Post
Or Ware's recovery isn't going well.
I could see either being cut. West is decent in pass blocking, sucks in rushing.

Ware is a better overall back, but coming over a major injury.
I see this too. Maybe we could see all four staying. We got down to the wire with running backs. FB had to go in at TB.
Unread 2018-03-22, 09:53 PM   #62
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Rams sign former Chiefs LB Ramik Wilson to one-year deal
Unread 2018-03-26, 11:37 AM   #63
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

'Lot of juice, lot of speed': Mahomes, Hunt lead Chiefs' offensive awakening

MOBILE, Ala. — Just because Patrick Mahomes spent his first NFL season as a backup doesn't mean the quarterback ever lost his competitive edge.
The most accomplished member of Kansas City's 2017 draft class knows this first-hand.

When he wasn't working toward becoming the league's leading rusher last year, Kareem Hunt built a strong off-field bond with Mahomes. Hunt said that included simulated trips to the links "whenever we’re bored and just have down time."
"He always thinks he can beat me in Top Golf,” a smiling Hunt told Sporting News last week while being honored at the 2018 Senior Bowl Hall of Fame banquet. "He won most of the time. But, you know, I got a couple wins in there.”

Mahomes' prowess in yet another sport should come as no surprise. He lettered in football, basketball and baseball while attending Whitehouse (Texas) High School. Mahomes, whose father Pat enjoyed a long pro career as a pitcher, was even a 37th-round draft choice by Detroit in the 2014 MLB Draft.
Mahomes instead opted to continue his pursuit of playing in the NFL by attending Texas Tech.
It looks like he made the right choice.

In the recent trade of quarterback Alex Smith to Washington, Kansas City paved the way for Mahomes to become its 2018 starter. Ex-Chiefs offensive lineman Zach Fulton, who signed with the Texans this offseason, believes Mahomes is ready for the opportunity after the 2017 first-round pick received a year of tutelage under Smith.
"He's still young, of course, but he's got a super bright future," Fulton told co-host Bill Polian and me on SiriusXM NFL Radio. "He's a playmaker. He's a little raw, but he plays off his instincts. They've got him this far. It’s going to be exciting to see what he does."
Fulton and Hunt also are impressed by Mahomes' passion toward football, which is reflected in his practice performances.
"He's gonna bring a spark," Hunt said. "He has a lot of juice. I don't know if there's a person in this world who loves the game more than him.
"And he really does not like losing."
STEELE: Kendall Fuller gives Chiefs runaway win in Alex Smith trade
Mahomes now will try to break the cycle of postseason failure that is far too familiar for Chiefs fans. A 22-21 home loss to Tennessee last season marked the 10th time Kansas City went one-and-done in its past 11 playoff appearances, dating back to 1994.
The Chiefs have made significant offseason roster changes in hopes of moving closer to their first championship appearance since Super Bowl IV. One of them was giving Mahomes a new fleet-footed target to work with through the free-agent signing of wide receiver Sammy Watkins.
"We're gonna be even more explosive," Hunt said. "You know we've got some weapons out there, Tyreek (Hill) and Travis (Kelce), too. That’s a lot of speed out there."
A more dangerous deep passing game to scare defenses should make Hunt even more effective than he was during a breakout 2017 campaign in which he set the Chiefs rookie rushing record with 1,327 yards. Despite such success, Hunt believes he has plenty of room for improvement heading into his second season.
"I'm gonna work on the little things like some of my reads in the run game and things just before the play even starts making sure I know what I've got to do in receiving and in pass (blocking)," said Hunt, who also caught 53 passes for 455 yards and three touchdowns last year. "I feel like there are some times during the middle of the season that I left some yards out there."

Hunt did give himself the chance to reflect on the positives of his first NFL season by returning to Mobile for acceptance of the Senior Bowl's Rookie of the Year award. Hunt said his 118-yard rushing performance in that all-star college game provided a huge boost to his draft stock.
For example, Kansas City hadn't even interviewed Hunt in Mobile. That changed a month later at the NFL Combine.
"(Interest) started picking up for me a little bit after I had a big game at the Senior Bowl," said Hunt, who ultimately was selected in the third round out of Toledo. “People wanted to start meeting with me, having me visit and stuff like that. It definitely meant a lot."

Hunt allows that Kansas City's offense "might change a little bit" this season with Watkins’ arrival and the stronger-armed Mahomes replacing Smith. But just how many tweaks made by coach Andy Reid and new offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy won't be known until down the road.
"I'm just gonna let them do their job and coach and I'm gonna be ready to put our team in a position to win,” Hunt said.
And, along the way, try to take a few strokes off his golf game to start getting the better of Mahomes away from Chiefs headquarters.

Unread 2018-03-28, 12:41 PM   #64
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Kansas City Chiefs: Toughest opponents on 2018 schedule

The opponents for the Kansas City Chiefs in 2018 were determined at the end of the 2017 regular season. It won’t be an easy road for the Chiefs next season.
The road schedule in particular will be brutal for the Kansas City Chiefs, as they’ll face five teams with winning records from a season ago on the road, with three of those teams being playoff squads.

While the dates of the games haven’t been announced yet, we can still dive into the opponents and which games will be the toughest for the Chiefs. We haven’t seen what anyone’s done in the draft yet, but the bulk of free agency has come and gone, so fans have an idea as to what these teams will look like this upcoming season and whether they’ll be good or not.
So, let’s get to it. Who will be the toughest teams for the Chiefs in 2018?
TOUGHEST OPPONENTS ON 2018 SCHEDULE – SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

The Chiefs will face the NFC West this year and one of the teams on the rise from that division is the San Francisco 49ers. A year ago, the 49ers would not have made this list, but all it takes is a good quarterback to make a team scary.

The Niners got their quarterback midseason in 2017 in the form of Jimmy Garoppolo and he appeared to make all of the difference for them down the stretch. They went from having just one win to finishing the year with six wins and it’s hard not to give Jimmy G props for that. He sure got paid for his efforts.
The Niners are going to be a popular “Dark Horse” pick by a lot of analysts this offseason and deservedly so. I’m still not sure that they’re the best team in their division, but having a good quarterback at least puts you in position to compete every week.
This game will be played at Arrowhead, which is nice, but still not a guaranteed win. Plus, 49er fans travel quite well (and they appear to be everywhere), so don’t be shocked if a darker shade of red can fill up a good portion of Arrowhead Stadium when these two square off.
Unread 2018-03-29, 08:56 AM   #65
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Why the Chiefs went with Chad Henne at the backup QB position

KC Chiefs head coach Andy Reid talked to veteran quarterbacks this offseason as the Chiefs were looking for someone to back up Patrick Mahomes after the Alex Smith trade. They could have gone with a young guy or a vet and the Chiefs chose the vet in 32-year old Chad Henne.
“I’ve always admired him,” Reid said from the league meetings in Orlando this week. “I like the way he’s wired. He has tremendous toughness. He’s seen about everything. I just think he’ll be great – he’ll understand his role with us and still be ready to compete and most of all be ready in case something happens to Patrick.”
Reid said that he thought it was important to get a backup in who could support Mahomes which Henne did in Jacksonville with Blake Bortles.
“I thought that was important,” Reid said. “I thought, when I talked to these veteran guys I wanted a veteran guy in there. I thought Chad fit that well, he’s seen enough. He’s been around this type of situation for the last few years and on the other hand he was a high draft pick and had the whole weight of the NFL and franchise on his back at the Dolphins. So I thought that fit well in what we’re going to ask him to do.”
I wouldn’t hate the idea of bringing in a younger quarterback to develop but it makes sense the Chiefs would want someone who could support Mahomes not only on game day but the rest of the week too. They still could bring in a young quarterback as their No. 3.

Unread 2018-03-30, 08:01 PM   #66
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs sign QB Matt McGloin and WR Nelson Spruce, the club announces
Unread 2018-04-02, 02:18 PM   #67
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

The Kansas City Chiefs have eight picks in the upcoming draft, and they need to make every one count after an offseason in which they lost six starters plus some other key players.

But each of those eight picks will count differently, depending on the position. The Chiefs look fully stocked at some spots where a rookie might have to be a high pick or outperform his draft round to make the roster. At other positions, the Chiefs can use bodies to at least fill out the depth chart.

Here’s a look at which positions make the most sense for the Chiefs to draft and which ones don’t:

Cornerback: Six corners played a significant number of snaps last season, but only one -- Steven Nelson -- is back. The Chiefs traded for Kendall Fuller and signed David Amerson but still don’t have the depth they would prefer, so it’ll be an upset if they don’t draft at least one corner.

Safety: The Chiefs are in a similar situation here. Daniel Sorensen and Eric Murray are back, and Eric Berry will return after missing most of last season. But the Chiefs released Ron Parker, so they need help at safety, as well.

Defensive line: The Chiefs don’t need a lot of players at these positions because they are so often in their sub packages. The starting lineup of Chris Jones, Allen Bailey and Xavier Williams seems set. But the Chiefs don’t have much proven depth, and Williams has been a backup for most of his career, so adding a capable player into the rotation would be a good idea. Also, Bailey’s contract will be up after next season, and it’s not too early to think about drafting his eventual replacement.

Tight end: The Chiefs don’t have much in the way of receiving options at tight end beyond Travis Kelce. That should be of concern given the way their offense collapsed in the second half of last season’s playoff game without the injured Kelce. The Chiefs seem concerned because they recently discussed a contract with veteran Benjamin Watson before he signed with the Saints.

Linebacker: On the outside, Justin Houston is still an effective player, but he’s 29. Dee Ford is headed into the final season of his contract. The Chiefs have last year’s second-round draft pick, Tanoh Kpassagnon, and whether or not they draft a linebacker in an early round could be a reflection on what they think of his chances for developing into a productive player. In the past year, the Chiefs turned over their inside linebackers by trading for Reggie Ragland, signing free agent Anthony Hitchens and drafting Ukeme Eligwe.

Offensive line: Eight of the nine linemen who played at least one snap for the Chiefs last season are back, so there isn’t a lot of room for new roster additions here. If the Chiefs need help anywhere, it’s at the interior positions. One guard, Parker Ehinger, played little last season after injuring his knee in 2016. Starting center Mitch Morse’s contract is up after next season. Remember that the Chiefs invested a 2018 fifth-round pick in a lineman last year when they traded for Cam Erving.

Wide receiver: In Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Chris Conley and Demarcus Robinson, the Chiefs appear to have their top four receivers. So they shouldn’t invest heavily here unless it’s with a player, or players, they really like.

Quarterback: Last week’s signing of third-stringer Matt McGloin greatly alleviates the need for the Chiefs to draft a quarterback. They want to go into training camp with four QBs, though, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if they picked one in a later round.

Running back: The Chiefs appear to be concerned about whether Spencer Ware, who injured his knee last year in the preseason, will be back in time to start the season. But that’s why they signed another big back in Damien Williams. Counting Kareem Hunt Charcandrick West and Akeem Hunt, the Chiefs are otherwise set.

Last edited by JDLM; 2018-04-02 at 02:38 PM..
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-04-03, 07:38 PM   #68
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The Chiefs have signed safety Robert Golden, he announced on his Twitter account Tuesday.
Unread 2018-04-04, 08:48 PM   #69
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The Chiefs worked out safety Sharrod Neasman on Wednesday.

The Falcons did not tender Neasman, making him an unrestricted free agent. But the Chiefs are the first team known to show interest in him.
Unread 2018-04-05, 10:33 AM   #70
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Which Chiefs are untradeable?

I recently stumbled upon a piece from Adam Rank of NFL.com which highlighted the NFL’s top untradeable players for 2018.

It got me thinking: Which Chiefs are untradeable? We thought cornerback Marcus Peters was, but that didn’t turn out to be the case. Peters was flipped to the Los Angeles Rams for draft picks. If Peters can get dealt, almost anyone on the roster is up for grabs.

Still, there are a handful of players that are likely untouchable unless the Chiefs are offered an unrealistic amount of picks. Let’s take a look at which players fit that description.

QB Patrick Mahomes
This one is obvious. Mahomes is the most untouchable Chiefs player right now because Kansas City is building the team around him. There’s a zero-percent chance Mahomes is going anywhere anytime soon.

WR Tyreek Hill
The words “generational talent” get thrown around too much, but I think they’re accurate when explaining Hill, given his speed. Hill is the fastest player in the NFL right now and he’s becoming one of the most dangerous playmakers in the game.

Oh, and he still has two years left on his rookie deal which pays him less than $800,000 per year. That’s the definition of “steal.”

TE Travis Kelce
We’ve all seen what the Chiefs offense looks like without Kelce. It’s not pretty. Kelce constantly draws double-teams, which open things up for the rest of the Chiefs’ playmakers. If Kelce isn’t double-teamed, he’s likely open.

The only thing that’d make Kelce expendable is more concussions. That would make his value drop though, so the trade compensation still wouldn’t be worth it.

RB Kareem Hunt
Of all the offensive players mentioned in this piece, Hunt is probably the most expendable. He’s an awesome talent and has the potential to go down as one of the best Chiefs running backs in franchise history, but finding good, cheap running backs is relatively easy these days.
With that said, I don’t think Hunt would be traded unless a team was willing to give up way too much for him. He’s too talented and his future is too bright. Also, he’s on that all-important rookie deal.

S Eric Berry
Some could argue that Berry isn’t untouchable since he has a huge contract, but they would be wrong. We saw what the Chiefs defense looked like without Berry in 2017. There’s no sugarcoating it: The defense sucked with Berry out.
He’s the ultimate leader and the best player on the Chiefs defense, and it’s not even close. Sure, he suffered an Achilles injury last season, but he has shown multiple times in the past that he can come back from injuries even better than before. The dude is an athletic freak and possibly a future Hall of Famer. You don’t trade that.

Others?

Others who are probably untouchable are defensive lineman Chris Jones, cornerback Kendall Fuller, kicker Harrison Butker and possibly a few others. I’m sure the Chiefs would be willing to ship those guys if the price was too much to pass up, but you generally won’t see good players like them get traded often unless there’s a good reason for it.
Unread 2018-04-05, 01:23 PM   #71
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Chiefs cut RB George Atkinson

The Kansas City Chiefs made a roster move on Wednesday by releasing RB George Atkinson from the roster. He was signed to the practice squad last year and signed a futures contract with the Chiefs after the season.

His release isn’t a surprise considering who the Chiefs had in front of him. The way I see it, Kareem Hunt is the only sure thing for the Chiefs at running back but they will have a decision to make on a few players.

They’ll probably keep 2-3 of the following backs on the roster: Akeem Hunt, Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West and Damien Williams.

There are pluses and minuses to all of them. Hunt, Ware and West have experience with the Chiefs already so they win the familiarity factor. Williams has had at least 20 receptions each year of his career which we know the Chiefs like coming out of the backfield.

Kareem Hunt is still the workhorse but the Chiefs running back competition behind him will be fun this offseason.
Unread 2018-04-06, 10:20 PM   #72
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

The #Chiefs may not be done adding to their RB room, hosting former #AZCardinals RB Kerwynn Williams on a workout. He started 6 games last year
Unread 2018-04-07, 12:14 PM   #73
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Dave Toub Promoted to Assistant Head Coach
Unread 2018-04-10, 11:48 AM   #74
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Veteran TE Tim Wright inks contract with Chiefs

Tim Wright hasn't played an NFL regular-season game since 2015. He'll get a chance to try and end that soon to be three-year drought.
The tight end announced on Instagram he signed a contract with the Kansas City Chiefs.
The 26-year-old missed all the 2016 season with a torn ACL. He participated in the 2017 preseason with the Detroit Lions before being cut.
Wright bounced around his first three seasons, generating a career-high 54 receptions for 571 yards as a rookie with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2013. He earned six touchdowns with New England in 2014. The tight end played in just nine games with the Lions in 2015.
If he makes the Chiefs' roster, Wright could provide depth behind Travis Kelce and Demetrius Harris

Unread 2018-04-10, 04:47 PM   #75
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

please cut D. Harris!