Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Unread 2016-01-28, 07:31 AM   #1
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 925
Thanks (Received): 335
Likes (Given): 6332
Likes (Received): 2727
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131
Default How will Mizzou fans remember the Chris Wilson era?

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...730d12892.html

Eagles hire Mizzou's new D-line coach
Print Email
5 hours ago • By Dave Matter18

Former USC defensive line coach Chris Wilson, center, will coach the same position group at Missouri under new coach Barry Odom, MU announced Monday. Photo courtesy USC Athletics/John McGillen

Enlarge Photo
Mizzou lands pledge from California juco receiver

Webb City offensive lineman Trystan Castillo reaffirms commitment to Mizzou. Read more

Cross eager to tackle dream job at MU

Mizozu's newly hired defensive coordinator discusses schemes, recruiting and more. Read more

Mizzou makes Heupel highest-paid assistant

Barry Odom's new offensive coordinator will make $700,000. Read more

Odom shifts Mizzou's target back on Texas

Staff hires reflect new coach's emphasis on recruiting in the Lone Star State. Read more

On the same day that Mizzou athletics released a video interview featuring new defensive line coach Chris Wilson, the Philadelphia Eagles on Wednesday announced that Wilson has joined their staff.

Talk about awkward.

Wilson, officially added to Missouri's staff 40 days ago, spent the last two years at Southern California. Instead of coaching the Tigers this year, he’s headed to Philadelphia to serve as new Eagles head coach Doug Pederson’s defensive line coach.

Earlier Wednesday, MU posted an interview with Wilson talking about his new job with the Tigers. That video no longer is on Mizzou's athletics website.

"The biggest thing is the university, it's the tradition and the history of the place," Wilson said in the interview. "Then you combine that with Coach (Barry) Odom, and the staff, and the vision he has and I thought that was a great opportunity. For a position coach, you know that stand point, this has been D-line Zou for a lot of years, a lot of great players currently in the room, so it was enticing on a lot of levels."

Wilson was set to make $395,000 at Missouri this year.

The former Oklahoma linebacker has coached at nine different schools since 1995, including USC, Georgia, Mississippi State, Oklahoma and Colorado.

Wilson has been recruiting for Mizzou since joining the staff, something he touched on during his interview with Mizzou Network.

“You know, I think it's easy to coach a kid and really get after him, but it's a lot easier when you have a relationship with them because they know you care about them," Wilson said. "So the first thing I try to do is build a relationship, and I let them know that we are in this together and that I work for them. That's the biggest thing. I think sometimes as coaches, we put it backwards, like they work for us, and they don't. We work for those guys."

"First of all, I think the most important thing that there is to recruiting is knowing your product," he added. "When you have a place like the University of Missouri, and you know it, and you know what it has to offer a young man or young woman, it becomes an easy sale.”

The Eagles announced Wilson’s hiring on the same day that two defensive line recruits were expected on Mizzou’s campus for official visits, according to Rivals.com, including Keyshon Camp of Lakeland, Fla. Camp was previously committed to USC when Wilson was on the Trojans’ staff. National signing day is next Wednesday, meaning Odom has a week to hire a replacement or will have to finish recruiting one position coach short of the nine allotted.

Odom targeted Wilson shortly after getting the job at Missouri as a replacement for longtime Mizzou defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski, who was among five position coaches not retained on the staff. Kuligowski is now the defensive line coach at University of Miami.
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote