Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Sports and Recreation

Unread 2016-03-06, 12:38 PM   #1
Rob

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 170
Thanks (Received): 149
Likes (Given): 827
Likes (Received): 848
Dislikes (Given): 12
Dislikes (Received): 23
Default Nate Diaz Submits Conor Mcgregor; Miesha Tate Submits Holly Holm to win 135 belt

Anyone catch the fights last night? It was a night of upsets for sure.

I was really impressed with Nate Diaz

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly.

Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGCWKr737gM
Unread 2016-03-06, 12:40 PM   #2
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 453
Likes (Given): 44
Likes (Received): 3865
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 123

I'm glad he got his ass beat.

Too much running of the dick suckers.
Unread 2016-03-06, 02:40 PM   #3
Wallace

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 113
Likes (Given): 252
Likes (Received): 895
Dislikes (Given): 9
Dislikes (Received): 21

I give Connor a lot of props for taking that fight. I think he held is own fairly well considering his normal weight class. Got super sloppy towards the end and lead to a submission.
Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-06, 02:52 PM   #4
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
I give Connor a lot of props for taking that fight. I think he held is own fairly well considering his normal weight class. Got super sloppy towards the end and lead to a submission.
He was winning the fight and made a dumb decision to take a shot on a JJ expert. Diaz is dumb as a stump but the dude can fight and his ground game is pretty sick.

McGreggor stays on his feet for another round and it goes to the cards with him getting a slight win imo. Dumb dumb dumb to go to the ground.

His post fight interviews have been exceptional though. Very gracious and professional in defeat. I like him a lot. He can promote the hell out of a fight, some see it as being too cocky or running his mouth too much but it's making him and the person he fights way more money than if he doesn't do it.
Unread 2016-03-06, 09:23 PM   #5
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 84
Likes (Received): 347
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 19

I was pulling for Connor, Diaz was acting like a huge bitch before the fight to as well.

Connor is a huge promoter for all his fights. I think jumping up 25 lbs or so was a bit harder than he expected. I also agree Connor should have stuck to his striking, that's what he is a badass at.
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-06, 11:12 PM   #6
Spoolin4Door

Post Thanks / Like

He was sticking to his striking but he got rocked and went for the takedown.

I'll have to watch it again but I remember him looking a bit wobbly before he shot.
Unread 2016-03-06, 11:42 PM   #7
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 127
Likes (Given): 157
Likes (Received): 743
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin4Door View Post
He was sticking to his striking but he got rocked and went for the takedown.

I'll have to watch it again but I remember him looking a bit wobbly before he shot.
This.

Conor was landing some decent shots in the first but was coming up short a lot due to Nate's reach. Nate was landing on him hard and finally wobbled him in the 2nd and you could see all the wind go out of Conor's sails. The takedown was nothing but desperation and looking for the easy way out. Conor couldn't put Nate away early and he mentally folded. That's what happens when you talk so much shit and make all these crazy predictions. You can't possibly live up to all that.

The Conor show was fun but nice to finally see him come back down to planet Earth. Talking about taking on Robbie was a fucking joke and RDA would have buttraped him into the ground. I think Frankie beats him as Conor's ground game is pretty much non existent.

What a showing for Meisha though, wow. Was really impressed by her determination to win and now this opens up the door wide open for Ronda.
Unread 2016-03-07, 12:38 AM   #8
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

I completely disagree with Frankie and RDA. I think Conor beats both.

He will drop back to 145 and defend against Frankie and then the RDA fight gets to happen with Conor back on a win.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-07, 07:18 AM   #9
Oblique

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 127
Likes (Given): 157
Likes (Received): 743
Dislikes (Received): 25

Conors biggest strength was his mental warfare. It didn't affect Nate and now he looks completely human. No one will be scared of him anymore and his antics won't work. Frankie doesn't get tired and neither does RDA while Conor gassed in one round at a high pace. Chad only lost cause he was out of shape as he took him down and beat him up with ease. Conor gets smashed by all 3 with full camps. They're all just bad matches for him and so was Nate. Conor better hope Aldo gets the rematch cause that's his only chance at keeping the belt.
Unread 2016-03-07, 08:13 AM   #10
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the post fight press conference and Conor basically said he loaded up on everything in the first round and was tired in the second round. Diaz has some of the best cardio in all of MMA...and he simply just doesn't get tired

I would be curious to see how that fight would go if they did it at 155 and Conor had a full camp to prepare for Nate's fighting style

But Conor is also right....everyone in the UFC is always pulling out of fights it seems like and they only take fights they know they can win. They don't take chances

On another note...based on the reported payout... (Not including PPV incentives or any other bonus he may have received) Conor received the highest fight payout the UFC has ever recorded at $1,000,000 to fight. I bet he made upward of 5-7 million for this fight because he gets a PPV bonus + Sponsorships. Nate received $500,000 when he normally received $20k to show and a $20k bonus to win.

Last edited by Rob; 2016-03-07 at 08:15 AM..
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-07, 09:01 AM   #11
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 925
Thanks (Received): 335
Likes (Given): 6332
Likes (Received): 2727
Dislikes (Given): 128
Dislikes (Received): 131

I don't follow MMA/UFC, other than just a passing interest. But didn't Conor fight 2 weight classes up?
mild83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-07, 09:08 AM   #12
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I watched the post fight press conference and Conor basically said he loaded up on everything in the first round and was tired in the second round. Diaz has some of the best cardio in all of MMA...and he simply just doesn't get tired

I would be curious to see how that fight would go if they did it at 155 and Conor had a full camp to prepare for Nate's fighting style

But Conor is also right....everyone in the UFC is always pulling out of fights it seems like and they only take fights they know they can win. They don't take chances

On another note...based on the reported payout... (Not including PPV incentives or any other bonus he may have received) Conor received the highest fight payout the UFC has ever recorded at $1,000,000 to fight. I bet he made upward of 5-7 million for this fight because he gets a PPV bonus + Sponsorships. Nate received $500,000 when he normally received $20k to show and a $20k bonus to win.

Wow. That's the pay scale?

Don't get me wrong, I'd fight anybody for 40K too, but it seems like the house has this on lock down and the UFC makes an unbalanced amount when compared to what the talent rakes in.
Unread 2016-03-07, 09:15 AM   #13
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 257
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1932
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
I don't follow MMA/UFC, other than just a passing interest. But didn't Conor fight 2 weight classes up?
Yep

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-07, 09:54 AM   #14
mild83

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Wow. That's the pay scale?

Don't get me wrong, I'd fight anybody for 40K too, but it seems like the house has this on lock down and the UFC makes an unbalanced amount when compared to what the talent rakes in.
Oh yeah, it's pretty nuts what they get paid. Compared to boxers that are big draws. Dana White has that whole deal locked down.
Unread 2016-03-07, 11:47 AM   #15
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
He was winning the fight and made a dumb decision to take a shot on a JJ expert. Diaz is dumb as a stump but the dude can fight and his ground game is pretty sick.

McGreggor stays on his feet for another round and it goes to the cards with him getting a slight win imo. Dumb dumb dumb to go to the ground.

His post fight interviews have been exceptional though. Very gracious and professional in defeat. I like him a lot. He can promote the hell out of a fight, some see it as being too cocky or running his mouth too much but it's making him and the person he fights way more money than if he doesn't do it.
He was out struck and getting out landed as the fight wore on. He got choked out in the second, no way to say this goes to the cards... it was a 5 round fight. Sherdog had the 1st scored for Connor, but I wouldn't have given him the 2nd.

Connor has balls of fucking titanium for taking the fight... but I wasn't the slightest bit surprised how it turned out... they have weight classes for an incredibly valid reason.
Unread 2016-03-07, 01:26 PM   #16
evilpoptart

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 78
Likes (Given): 167
Likes (Received): 491
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricerking13 View Post
He was out struck and getting out landed as the fight wore on. He got choked out in the second, no way to say this goes to the cards... it was a 5 round fight. Sherdog had the 1st scored for Connor, but I wouldn't have given him the 2nd.

Connor has balls of fucking titanium for taking the fight... but I wasn't the slightest bit surprised how it turned out... they have weight classes for an incredibly valid reason.

I could be wrong. But doesn't Diaz now fight at 155? If that's true, the whole weight class argument goes completely out the window. He was preparing to fight RDA at lightweight, meaning that Diaz and Mcgregor's "walking around weight" MIGHT be 5-10 pounds different. You just took two guys who normally cut a lot and let them fight heavier because it was short notice.

McGregor will get his shit kicked in by RDA, and I wouldn't be shocked if Edgar beats him with his unreal cardio as well.
Unread 2016-03-07, 01:29 PM   #17
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpoptart View Post
I could be wrong. But doesn't Diaz now fight at 155? If that's true, the whole weight class argument goes completely out the window. He was preparing to fight RDA at lightweight, meaning that Diaz and Mcgregor's "walking around weight" MIGHT be 5-10 pounds different. You just took two guys who normally cut a lot and let them fight heavier because it was short notice.
There's an argument that cutting that much weight can reduce speed, strength, cardio, ect.

I don't think that would apply for Nate Diaz though. He is in great shape all year round. Triathlons help
Unread 2016-03-07, 01:32 PM   #18
evilpoptart

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 78
Likes (Given): 167
Likes (Received): 491
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 15

It's not really an argument, it reduces your overall athleticism. That's not what I'm arguing. I'm saying that Conor and Nate have to cut to within 10 pounds of each other anyway. They don't fight at a 25 pound weight swing between the two of them normally.
Unread 2016-03-07, 01:59 PM   #19
redlobster

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 39
Likes (Received): 319
Dislikes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post

man Dana White/UFC is fucking raping these people. especially when you compare what boxers make for big fights.
redlobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-03-07, 02:05 PM   #20
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpoptart View Post

McGregor will get his shit kicked in by RDA, and I wouldn't be shocked if Edgar beats him with his unreal cardio as well.
Diaz was never a big 170, and yeah he's currently at 155, and cuts quite a bit to get there.

Conor is on the record saying he was shocked at how Nate handled getting hit. Weight/size matter a ton... and I assure you it is part of the reason Diaz was victorious.
Unread 2016-03-07, 02:06 PM   #21
mild83

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy that going up 2 weight classes and he was still a 3-1 favorite.
Unread 2016-03-07, 02:07 PM   #22
Ricerking13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlobster View Post
man Dana White/UFC is fucking raping these people. especially when you compare what boxers make for big fights.
Low-level boxers get paid less than low-level UFC fighters.

The only spot anyone is getting "raped" is if you compare a $50M fight payout for Floyd Mayweather to say a $2-4M payout for a UFC champ.

Also, listed pay in the UFC, is never a complete depiction of what they've been paid.
Unread 2016-03-07, 02:08 PM   #23
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Diaz was never a big 170, and yeah he's currently at 155, and cuts quite a bit to get there.

Conor is on the record saying he was shocked at how Nate handled getting hit. Weight/size matter a ton... and I assure you it is part of the reason Diaz was victorious.

Yup. I hate Connor, but he didn't really have that much of a chance here, especially making the decisions that he did.

I was surprised so many out there were flapping their gums saying....if not guaranteeing that Connor had him covered. Don't believe the hype
Unread 2016-03-07, 03:26 PM   #24
Rob

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly knew Nate would handle him, but I thought it would be all stand up
Unread 2016-03-07, 04:38 PM   #25
redlobster

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 39
Likes (Received): 319
Dislikes (Received): 29

Quote:
Low-level boxers get paid less than low-level UFC fighters.

The only spot anyone is getting "raped" is if you compare a $50M fight payout for Floyd Mayweather to say a $2-4M payout for a UFC champ.

Also, listed pay in the UFC, is never a complete depiction of what they've been paid.
Is Diaz or McGregor a low-level Ufc fighter?
redlobster is offline   Reply With Quote