Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2017-06-27, 10:30 PM   #76
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

THE BATMAN Will Focus On The Noir, Detective Side Of Ben Affleck's Caped Crusader

Out promoting War of the Planet of the Apes, The Batman director Matt Reeves states that he wants to focus on the detective side of The Dark Knight in his upcoming film with Ben Affleck.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice gave us the armor wielding, kryptonite-spear slinging version of Gotham City's shadowy protector but director Matt Reeves wants to show a different side.

ďThereís a chance to do an almost noir driven, detective version of Batman that is point-of-view driven in a very very powerful way, that will hopefully connect you to whatís going on inside of his head and inside of his heart,Ē said Reeves to New Trailer Buzz during an interview for War of the Planet of the Apes.

It will be interesting to see what side of The Caped Crusader we see in Zack Snyder/Joss Whedon's Justice League. When The Batman finally hits theaters, will Reeves be presenting a new take on Affleck's grizzled vigilante or will he be continuing groundwork already laid in the team's cinematic confrontation with Steppenwolf?

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-06-30, 03:29 PM   #77
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Matt Reeves Says Warner Bros. Is Excited About The Batman

hen news broke that Ben Affleck would no longer be directing a Batman film, fans were nervous that this could lead to the star moving away from the DC Extended Universe entirely. Matt Reeves stepped in to take over leadership duties on the film, coming off the hugely successful Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, assuaging many fans' fears. Luckily, fans aren't the only ones breathing sighs of relief, as Reeves revealed just how well his partnership is going with Warner Bros.
Speaking with Variety, Reeves revealed of his partnership with the huge studio, "Letís put it this way. Iíve never worked with them, but my experience with them so far has been really good. As I describe what I want to do, they seem really excited. So it's the beginning of a journey."
With big budget projects under his belt like Apes and Cloverfield, the director clearly isn't intimidated.

"When I came in to do Apes, I had no idea, I had never made a studio film like that before. Even Cloverfield, though it came out through Paramount, was not really a studio film. Bad Robot had final cut so it was like making an indie, and so they were just really supportive and released the movie so it wasnít really a studio film," Reeves revealed.
He continued, "These two movies, Iíve been able to make exactly the movie I wanted to make. Whatever flaws are in there are in some way we werenít able to achieve something, I wasnít able to pull something off, we didnít have enough time, or whatever it is. It is also not something where I look back and go, ĎThat damn studio compromise.í So I think thereís a way in which you can work with a studio."

Although he might have made big budget films before, every studio is different, but things already sound promising.
"Iíve never worked with any studio other than Fox, so it's going to be an exploration for me," Reeves confessed. "Iím excited to say that thus far they seem really excited about it and I suppose if we should ever come to an impasse then weíd have to resolve it one way or another. Iím very hopeful and positive about it."

Although he might have made big budget films before, every studio is different, but things already sound promising.
"Iíve never worked with any studio other than Fox, so it's going to be an exploration for me," Reeves confessed. "Iím excited to say that thus far they seem really excited about it and I suppose if we should ever come to an impasse then weíd have to resolve it one way or another. Iím very hopeful and positive about it."

Unread 2017-07-05, 08:56 AM   #78
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

THE BATMAN Director Matt Reeves Explains How He's Being Inspired By THE DARK KNIGHT's Christopher Nolan

The Batman director Matt Reeves talks here about how The Dark Knight Trilogy helmer Christopher Nolan has inspired him and how that's going to have an impact on his take on the DC Comics property.

Matt Reeves' back catalogue of films speaks for itself, but it's still interesting to hear his thoughts on who inspires him as he gets ready to take the helm of The Batman. In the past, the filmmaker has talked about Alfred Hitchcock's influence on his work but in a new interview with Yahoo Movies, he's revealed that Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises helmer Christopher Nolan has also had a significant impact on the way he approaches both blockbuster movies and The Batman.

"What I love that [Nolan] did was that he took the genre seriously," Reeves explained. "What studios are willing to make at the moment is a very, very narrow band of films. What I discovered is that this genre has the potential to be about something more. You can use the metaphors of the genre to talk about [a lot]. I think the other thing that I really admire in what [Nolan] did was knowing what it is to make a big studio film, which often can fall into that sense of committee filmmaking where thereís an anonymity to the point of view of the film." So, he won't be putting up with any interference then!

Warner Bros. has, of course, developed a reputation for that after Suicide Squad but Reeves clearly has his own ideas and is excited to implement them the same way Nolan did with The Dark Knight Trilogy.

"What I admire in what [Nolan] does is that, despite being a filmmaker in an enormous system, his perspective comes through," he concludes. "That to me was very exciting, itís always exciting when you see a film of his because of that. Thatís what I feel like Iíve been trying to do, itís trying to allow a perspective to come through despite the fact that weíre in this very large studio movie world."

Unread 2017-07-05, 08:57 AM   #79
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

PLANET OF THE APES Director Matt Reeves Teases His "Very Emotional" THE BATMAN Movie

War for the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves talks here about what sounds like a very different take on the Dark Knight as he readies himself to take the helm of The Batman starring Ben Affleck.

The Batman may have a director and lead star, but it still remains in flux. We don't know who the lead villain is going to be despite the fact that Joe Manganiello signed on to play Deathstroke when Ben Affleck was still set to direct. However, War for the Planet of the Apes helmer Matt Reeves is clearly excited to start work on the DC Comics adaptation as he has more thoughts on what he hopes to bring to the table when the Caped Crusader makes his long overdue return to solo action on the big screen.

"Itís my hope to tell a very emotional Batman story," Reeves explained in a recent interview with Yahoo Movies, "and I do see a very strong parallel between [Batman and Caesar] because theyíre both damaged characters who are grappling to the do the right thing in a very imperfect world. A world thatís filled with all of the corruption that is human." That sounds like the right approach to Gotham City and it will be interesting to see what sort of emotion he brings to Bruce Wayne's world.

"I think that the metaphors of both of the franchises [Batman and Apes] enable you to tell stories that have deep emotional resonance," he continued. "Thatís actually what excites me about it. Itís interesting because I was obsessed with both as a child, and yet there is something potentially very adult about what you can explore under the cover of that fantasy. That is what draws me to it, and thatís what Iím excited about." Are you guys looking forward to Reeves' take on The Batman

Unread 2017-07-05, 08:47 PM   #80
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Will The Batman Movie Lead Into A Trilogy? Hereís What Matt Reeves Says

Once press for War for the Planet of the Apes wraps up in the next week or so, Matt Reeves will be dedicating his full, movie-making attention on the DC Extended Universe's Batman movie. With nearly 80 years of comic book history, there's more than enough material to sustain the Dark Knight across numerous movies, and given the character's cinematic history, one wouldn't be jumping the gun assuming that this won't be his only DCEU standalone tale. While Reeves has given some thought about what could happen in sequels, for now he's focusing on telling just one good Batman story as opposed to plotting out an entire trilogy. He explained:
I have ideas about an arc, but really, the important thing is just to start... you have to start with one. You know, you have to start with a story that begins something. And I would be lying if I could tell you that the arcs of Apes was already planned out, because it simply wasn't; it's one of those things where that character was so potent, and the possibility was embedded from the beginning, but exactly how you've got from A to Z is not something that existed.

As mentioned earlier, there's a lot of Batman comics history to adapt for movies, so anyone remotely familiar with the Caped Crusader could come up with some ideas for sequels after a brainstorming session. Two ideas that immediately come to my mind are Batman fighting Hush or dealing with a resurrected Jason Todd. But Matt Reeves has wisely decided to forgo thinking too far ahead on the future of Ben Affleck's Batman, as his experience working on 2014's Dawn of the Planet of the Apes showed him that a lot can change during the creative process. Reeves continued to Fandango:

In fact, when I came in on Dawn, the story that I wanted to tell was different from the story that they had even presented me. And so, there are these broad ideas, I think, that sort of came to mind as Rise was created, of how that story could be told, but they weren't explicitly laid-out. And when Mark and I began Dawn, we knew what our goals were, but we didn't know how we were gonna get there, and I would say that that more relates to the way that I see a Batman story, is a kind of ambition for a series of stories, but really the most important thing is gonna be to tell a vital first story.
The only specific plot information that has been revealed about the Batman movie is that it will see the eponymous protagonist battling Slade Wilson, a.k.a. Deathstroke, although since Matt Reeves is reportedly re-writing the script, it's unclear if the orange and black-garbed assassin will still appear. Reeves has also expressed interest in telling a "noir-driven, detective" story that shows the audience what's going on in his head and heart. If Reeves does decide he wants to direct more Batman movies, it's important that this first movie is successful, so by all means, sir, keep your focus on telling the best story you can the first time around, and then you can turn your attention to what comes later for Gotham City's protector.

The Batman movie still doesn't have a release date assigned yet, but stay tuned to CinemaBlend for more updates. Matt Reeves' next movie, War for the Planet of the Apes, opens on July 14.

Will The Batman Movie Lead Into A Trilogy? Hereís What Matt Reeves Says By Adam Holmes 2 hours ago 4 Comments Armored Batman next to Bat-Signal in Batman v Superman Once press for War for the Planet of the Apes wraps up in the next week or so, Matt Reeves will be dedicating his full, movie-making attention on the DC Extended Universe's Batman movie. With nearly 80 years of comic book history, there's more than enough material to sustain the Dark Knight across numerous movies, and given the character's cinematic history, one wouldn't be jumping the gun assuming that this won't be his only DCEU standalone tale. While Reeves has given some thought about what could happen in sequels, for now he's focusing on telling just one good Batman story as opposed to plotting out an entire trilogy. He explained: I have ideas about an arc, but really, the important thing is just to start... you have to start with one. You know, you have to start with a story that begins something. And I would be lying if I could tell you that the arcs of Apes was already planned out, because it simply wasn't; it's one of those things where that character was so potent, and the possibility was embedded from the beginning, but exactly how you've got from A to Z is not something that existed. As mentioned earlier, there's a lot of Batman comics history to adapt for movies, so anyone remotely familiar with the Caped Crusader could come up with some ideas for sequels after a brainstorming session. Two ideas that immediately come to my mind are Batman fighting Hush or dealing with a resurrected Jason Todd. But Matt Reeves has wisely decided to forgo thinking too far ahead on the future of Ben Affleck's Batman, as his experience working on 2014's Dawn of the Planet of the Apes showed him that a lot can change during the creative process. Reeves continued to Fandango: In fact, when I came in on Dawn, the story that I wanted to tell was different from the story that they had even presented me. And so, there are these broad ideas, I think, that sort of came to mind as Rise was created, of how that story could be told, but they weren't explicitly laid-out. And when Mark and I began Dawn, we knew what our goals were, but we didn't know how we were gonna get there, and I would say that that more relates to the way that I see a Batman story, is a kind of ambition for a series of stories, but really the most important thing is gonna be to tell a vital first story. The only specific plot information that has been revealed about the Batman movie is that it will see the eponymous protagonist battling Slade Wilson, a.k.a. Deathstroke, although since Matt Reeves is reportedly re-writing the script, it's unclear if the orange and black-garbed assassin will still appear. Reeves has also expressed interest in telling a "noir-driven, detective" story that shows the audience what's going on in his head and heart. If Reeves does decide he wants to direct more Batman movies, it's important that this first movie is successful, so by all means, sir, keep your focus on telling the best story you can the first time around, and then you can turn your attention to what comes later for Gotham City's protector. The Batman movie still doesn't have a release date assigned yet, but stay tuned to CinemaBlend for more updates. Matt Reeves' next movie, War for the Planet of the Apes, opens on July 14.

Unread 2017-07-12, 08:55 AM   #81
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

6 Batman Questions We Hope Matt Reeves And Ben Affleck Answer

For decades, Batman has arguably stood the test of time as DC's most famous hero, and his silver screen adventures have become some of the most highly anticipated blockbusters of the modern era. Ben Affleck is the latest actor to don the cape and cowl, and the iconic, aging hero has handily become one of the strongest aspects of the entire DCEU. The character is set to appear in a wide variety of critical DC films over the course of the next few years, but arguably none is more vital than the main event: Matt Reeves' highly anticipated solo Batman movie.

Considering the fact that Batman truly represents the lynchpin of the entire DCEU right now, there are plenty of vital Batman-related plot threads that his solo film will need to address when it finally hits theaters. With that in mind, we have compiled a list of the six most important Batman questions that Matt Reeves (who is currently experiencing insane critical success with War for the Planet of the Apes) and Ben Affleck will need to answer. Let's kick this list off with one of the DCEU's largest mysteries: what exactly happened to Jason Todd before the events of Dawn of Justice?

How Exactly Did Jason Todd Die?

The seminal A Death in the Family storyline has been slowly but surely teased for the DCEU ever since Batfleck first gazed upon Jason Todd's tattered Robin uniform during the events of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Suicide Squad carried that torch even further by revealing that Harley Quinn was actually responsible for the death of the second Boy Wonder, but the solo Batman movie needs to finally clue us in on the key details surrounding Jason's death. Was Harley really responsible, or was she simply covering for her beloved Mr. J? Was Jason killed in an explosion like in the comics? Has he returned as Red Hood yet? These are all questions that absolutely demand answers from Reeves and Affleck.

What Caused Dick Grayson To Walk Away From Bruce?

While DC fans know Nightwing's backstory intimately, most mainstream audiences likely don't know that he's the first Robin who strikes out on his own after a falling out with Bruce Wayne. That's a fundamental concept that will likely play an enormous role in Chris McKay's upcoming Nightwing solo movie, and the seeds for that rift will need to show up in the DCEU before Nightwing debuts. While Batgirl or Gotham City Sirens could certainly include scenes to help set that up, the solo Batman movie still stands out as the best place to lay that narrative groundwork. What happened between these two heroes, and how has their relationship changed in the years since Jason Todd died?

How Is Street Level Crime A Challenge For Batman After Justice League?

With less than half a year to go until Zack Snyder's Justice League hits theaters, we're still in awe of the fact that we will finally get to see The Dark Knight stand side by side with the rest of DC's biggest heroes. Having said that, following the release of Justice League, Matt Reeves and Ben Affleck will find themselves faced with the distinct challenge of making a grounded Batman movie after the character has quite literally fought gods. This concept seems somewhat easier to convey in comics, but in live-action, it could prove difficult to sell human villains like Two-Face, Penguin or Deathstroke as legitimate threats after Steppenwolf (and potentially Darkseid) takes a shot at Earth.

Is Bruce Still Protecting Amanda Waller?

One of the weirdest Batman moments in the entire DCEU came at the end of Suicide Squad when Bruce Wayne offered to protect Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) in exchange for information on Earth's known metahumans. Although Bruce tells Waller to shut down her Task Force X operation, the scene still appears to end with the duo agreeing to take care of each other's secrets. Batman and Amanda Waller typically have a far more antagonistic relationship with one another in DC comics and animated properties, so the ending of Suicide Squad has truly felt like an oddity ever since the film debuted last August. Is Bruce Wayne still protecting the woman who sends criminals on suicide missions, or are they done with each other?

What Does Gotham City Think Of Batman?

We have gotten to know Ben Affleck's version of The Caped Crusader quite well over the course of the last year or so, but we still don't know what average citizens of Gotham City think of the brooding vigilante. In fact, despite the fact that he has operated in Gotham for over two decades, the DCEU's version of Batman seems to still be a myth amongst the majority of its citizens. With the solo Batman movie on the horizon, Affleck and Matt Reeves will need to dive deeper into the mythology of The Dark Knight and examine what the real people of Gotham City truly think of their protector. Remember, you can't have Batman without Gotham City, so the opinions of Gotham's citizens will matter.

How Is Bruce Coping With The Fact That He's A Killer?

We cannot deny it: Ben Affleck's Batman kills (or at the very least HAS killed) people, which fundamentally changes how we see Gotham's protector. Batman's refusal to take a life typically represents a core aspect of who he is as a character, which means the DCEU will need to address this idea at some point. While Justice League may potentially touch on these ideas, the fact that Bruce will be fighting Parademons instead of real humans means that it will be less of an issue. The solo Batman movie reportedly will bring him back down to street level with Gotham's average thugs, which means Matt Reeves' and Ben Affleck are going to need to address why he's not wasting criminals left and right. Because that would be strange

Unread 2017-07-12, 06:13 PM   #82
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Matt Reeves Promises He's Making The Batman His Way

X

When it comes to Batman, fans are notoriously protective of the dark knight. Bruce Wayne may be capable of taking care of himself, but DC diehards tend to go to bat for the Gotham icon to keep him far away from Hollywood flubs. So, naturally, fans are stoked to hear Matt Reeves is also standing up for Batman as he begins work on the heroís first DCEU standalone.
The director sat down to chat with Uproxx about his upcoming film War for the Planet of The Apes. It was there Reeves touched upon The Batman, and the director said he clearly laid out his expectations for the hero to Warner Bros. once he was contacted about the gig.
ďWhen I come in, what I say is, ďLook. First of all, youíre asking me if Iím interested in this franchise. I am. I love this franchise. Iíve loved it since I was a kid. But hereís the way in which Iím interested in it. And if youíre not interested in it in that way, then thatís totally fine.Ē And the good news was, they said, ďYeah, weíre really interested in that way.ĒĒ
ďI remember this on Dawn, too. There would be moments where I came in for a pitch that was a certain version of the movie, and somewhere along the way, because they didnít know me or whatever it was, theyíd say, ďWhy donít we do this?Ē And I would just simply say, ďBut thatís not the movie that we talked about. Thatís not the movie I want to do.Ē And I have to say that they always backed down when it came down to that,Ē Reeves continued.
ďItís kind of the way that Iíve always done it. And hereís the thing: Iím always happy not to do something. Iím usually looking for the reason to say no.Ē
When it comes to The Batman, it does not look like Reeves is willing to shunt his vision for the studioís sake. Fans of the DCEU will remember all the reports which suggested Warner Bros. toyed with theatrical cuts for Suicide Squad and even Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Wonder Woman avoided such pandering thanks to director Patty Jenkins and her steadfast vision, and it sounds like Reeves plans to do the same as his predecessor. And, for that, DC diehards are feeling rather grateful.

Unread 2017-07-12, 09:08 PM   #83
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

THE BATMAN Director Matt Reeves Has Confirmed That The Movie's Script Is Being Rewritten From Scratch

Earlier this year, we reported on a rumor that the script for The Batman movie was being rewritten from scratch, and now that's been confirmed by the film's director, Matt Reeves. More past the jump...

It looks like the rumor that the script for Warner Bros.' next solo Batman movie was being completely rewritten was true after all, as director Matt Reeves himself has now confirmed.

Reeves was a guest on MTVís Happy Sad Confused podcast when Josh Horowitz asked if the original script from Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns was still in play. ďNo,Ē Reeves replied. ďItís a new story. Itís just starting again. Iím excited about it. I think itís going to be really cool.Ē

Before Reeves came aboard, the only think we knew for certain about the story was that the villain (well, one of the villains) was going to be Deathstroke, and former True Blood actor Joe Manganiello was all-but a lock for the role. While Slade Wilson may still wind up being involved, the fact that it's a brand new story definitely suggests that Reeves and co. intend to take everything in an entirely different direction.

What do you guys make of this? Would you be disappointed if Deathstroke was dropped from The Batman? Sound off below.

Unread 2017-07-13, 12:50 PM   #84
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

The Batman: How Will Matt Reeves New Script Affect The DCEU?
The DC Extended Universe Batman solo film (tentatively known as The Batman), has been through a pretty turbulent year, with star Ben Affleck dropping out of the director's chair, amidst rumors of development troubles with Warner Bros.
War for the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves is stepping in to helm The Batman, and he has made it abundantly clear in recent days that he will be making his version of a Batman movie, and that his vision will be a totally fresh take from what Affleck and DC Films head Geoff Johns had conceived with their initial version of The Batman script.

However, many elements of The Batman were already put in place before Reeves came along, including some new characters that would be introduced, and some connections to the larger DC Extended Universe that Johns and Affleck had envisioned. So, the question now is: How Will Matt Reeves New Batman Script Affect The DCEU?

Ben Affleck

With all the turmoil surrounding The Batman earlier this year, rumors began to swirl that star Ben Affleck was becoming frustrated with his role in the DCEU.
It was said that Affleck was tired of everything from creative struggles with Warner Bros. to the never ending flood of questions, rumors, and speculation surrounding his Batman role and directorial choices. When Affleck dropped out of the director's chair, even more rumor began to swirl: was this simply the first step to Affleck eventually dropping out of the Batman role altogether?

Of course, rumors are just that: rumors. Affleck always maintained that he's still playing Batman, and Reeves recently confirmed the same, saying: "Right now, thatís what is going on. For sure."

Deathstroke

One of the most anticipated elements of The Batman's storyline was seeing The Dark Knight take on a rumored lineup of villains from his rogues gallery - especially the new addition of True Blood star Joe Manganiello, as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke.

However, with this new 'start from scratch' approach Matt Reeves is taking, it's become very unclear whether Joe Manganiello's Deathstroke is still a part of The Batman's story. Back in the spring, the actor actually went on record to express his uncertainty about where things stand, saying, "Umm. Maybe. Weíll see,Ē when asked if he'd still be in The Batman. He has since joined Dwayne Johnson's Rampage movie, leading many to believe he's moving on from his hopes of joining the DCEU.

Deathstroke has long been a fan-favorite anti-hero/villain of the DC Universe, and he gained a lot of prominence and exposure in recent years, thanks to things like DC Comics reboots, and DC TV universe series like Arrow. Manganiello was also one bit of DCEU casting that fans were overwhelmingly happy about, so losing him would be a major letdown.

Tone

One reason that many fans were excited to see Ben Affleck taking charge both in front of and behind the camera was because the actor/writer/director had carved out a lane for himself as both a critically acclaimed and financially successful director, who specialized in telling gritty crime thriller stories (The Town, Argo), which featured some pulse-pounding action.
Since Reeves has come onboard, fans have been wondering how the War for the Planet of the Apes director would approach The Batman from a tonal standpoint. Reeves himself has steadily affirming his planned approach to the film in press interviews, stating that he sees The Batman as a potential Noir detective story, which keeps things focused on the perspective of the main character. As he said in a recent interview:

ďWhat I see in Batman that I find so interesting is that, in a way, he reminds me of Caesar, in that he is a character with a really troubled past who is grappling within himself to try to do the right thing in a really imperfect world, in a corrupt world,Ē Reeves said. ďThat provides an opportunity, again, if you want to take that point-of-view storytelling ó and I can imagine the story as being like a noir. The originals from the golden age were detective stories. I think if you can marry that with the personal, thereís a chance to do something very exciting.Ē
Reeves has also made reference to influences like Alfred Hitchcock shaping his vision of The Batman; all in all, his take has been generally well-regarded by fans, who remember that the director's experience on films like Let Me In and the latter two chapters of the current Apes trilogy have all been darkly lavish and visually stunning character studies that would work well in a Batman context.

DCEU Connections

One big question that must be asked at this point is this: with his desire to do a more personalized and character-focused Batman story, just how deeply is Reeves willing to connect The Batman to the larger DCEU universe?
Geoff Johns and Ben Affleck were deeply woven into the fabric of the DCEU, as Johns has been heading up development of the cinematic universe from the start - and much more actively after the difficulties of Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad - while Affleck is on the ground level of it, as an actor as well as an architect.

Reeves is coming from an outside position, and its unclear what the push-pull will be with Warner Bros. and DC Films regarding the obligation to include characters and potential setups that benefit the DCEU as a whole. Fans are hoping The Batman doesn't end up too isolated (like Nolan's films), or too weighed down with awkward and extraneous DCEU obligations (like Batman V Superman). There are definitely ways to balance larger connections with a more self-contained and focused storyline - see Marvel's Spider-Man: Homecoming for a great example.

More Villains

(Photo: Alex Ross)
As stated, it was originally rumored that The Batman script that Affleck and Johns came up with would feature multiple iconic villains, including Deathstroke, The Joker, and The Scarecrow. With Reeves now starting from scratch, no one knows what villain - or villains he may have in mind for the film.
Actor Josh Gad has been steadily teasing that he could be playing the DCEU version of The Penguin - so is there any truth to that? According to Reeves: "No, no, no."

Even Gad himself has admitted that, "...thereís no there there. The Internet just goes wild. Iím just having some fun putting things out there.Ē
No matter which villains Reeves includes in his script - or who plays them - there are plenty of Batman storylines that keep things personal and focused on the Caped Crusader, while still including a nice colorful lineup of villains. "Hush" is one such storyline that hits all the marks being laid out by Reeves, in that it is, at once, a detective Noir story; a very personal story focused on both the Batman and Bruce Wayne sides of the cowl; and features an extensive lineup of Batman villains, DC Comics superheroes - as well as a compelling new villain (Hush) who is personally connected to Bruce Wayne.
Whether Reeves is interested in a "Hush" adaptation or not, the point remains the same: we can get great Batman movie with multiple villains, without sacrificing quality.

Unread 2017-07-21, 01:35 PM   #85
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Warner Bros. To "Usher Out" Ben Affleck's BATMAN As Studio Looks To Take The Dark Knight In A New Direction

Bad news ahead of Warner Bros.' Comic-Con panel as the studio is reportedly mulling over ideas to phase Ben Affleck's Batman out of the DC Extended Universe and take the Caped Crusader down a new route.

Filed Under: "Batman" Source: The Hollywood Reporter

For the past few Comic-Cons, we've all waited for an announcement to come in regards to Ben Affleck's Batman movie. Sadly, it never did, and over the past twelve months, the project has fallen apart with the actor dropping out of directing duties and new helmer Matt Reeves ditching his and Geoff Johns' script to start over. We've also been faced with constant doubt he'll actually suit up as Batman.

Well, according to The Hollywood Reporter, he won't be. Despite Warner Bros. film chief Toby Emmerich telling the trade "Ben is our Batman. We love him as Batman. We want to keep him in the cowl as long as we can," they've spoken with sources close to the situation that tell them the studio is currently working on plans to gracefully usher out the actor's Caped Crusader in a future DC movie.

That could mean he's being killed off or will pass the cape and cowl down to a character like Nightwing; we just don't know right now. The trade doesn't believe Affleck will star in The Batman and that he could be too old to stick around for the trilogy Reeves is envisioning. They also don't believe that we'll see Affleck remain in Justice League while a different actor takes over the character's solo franchise.

The trade's sources do point out that there's precedent for different heroes to suit up as Batman but will Reeves want to direct that movie and will audiences be interested in seeing it? That remains to be seen and it's unclear why Affleck is departing the role. The response to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice likely played a part in it and it could just be a case of creative differences with the studio.

Unread 2017-07-21, 02:22 PM   #86
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 257
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1938
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
Warner Bros. To "Usher Out" Ben Affleck's BATMAN As Studio Looks To Take The Dark Knight In A New Direction

Bad news ahead of Warner Bros.' Comic-Con panel as the studio is reportedly mulling over ideas to phase Ben Affleck's Batman out of the DC Extended Universe and take the Caped Crusader down a new route.

Filed Under: "Batman" Source: The Hollywood Reporter

For the past few Comic-Cons, we've all waited for an announcement to come in regards to Ben Affleck's Batman movie. Sadly, it never did, and over the past twelve months, the project has fallen apart with the actor dropping out of directing duties and new helmer Matt Reeves ditching his and Geoff Johns' script to start over. We've also been faced with constant doubt he'll actually suit up as Batman.

Well, according to The Hollywood Reporter, he won't be. Despite Warner Bros. film chief Toby Emmerich telling the trade "Ben is our Batman. We love him as Batman. We want to keep him in the cowl as long as we can," they've spoken with sources close to the situation that tell them the studio is currently working on plans to gracefully usher out the actor's Caped Crusader in a future DC movie.

That could mean he's being killed off or will pass the cape and cowl down to a character like Nightwing; we just don't know right now. The trade doesn't believe Affleck will star in The Batman and that he could be too old to stick around for the trilogy Reeves is envisioning. They also don't believe that we'll see Affleck remain in Justice League while a different actor takes over the character's solo franchise.

The trade's sources do point out that there's precedent for different heroes to suit up as Batman but will Reeves want to direct that movie and will audiences be interested in seeing it? That remains to be seen and it's unclear why Affleck is departing the role. The response to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice likely played a part in it and it could just be a case of creative differences with the studio.
I really like Ben as Bruce and I sure as fuck hope they don't switch the actor out yet again. I am sick of the character being recast over and fucking over. Just stop.

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-21, 05:59 PM   #87
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

RUMOR: Matt Reeves Is Bringing In An Old Pal To Write The Script For THE BATMAN

While many assumed that director Matt Reeves would be writing the script for his Batman movie on his own, if you look at his filmography, he's only co-written 3 movies in the last two decades

Will Ben Affleck's Batman hang up the cape and cowl? Or will WB simply recast the role? That's the current rumor floating around SDCC as everyone prepares for the WB SDCC panel tomorrow, which kicks off at 2PM EST. However, there's another interesting rumor about the high profile project that should be of interest to DCEU fans.

The former Latino Review team at the Splash Report has put forward that Matt Reeves will be turning to his Apes co-conspirator Mark Bomback to write the script for his Batman movie. As the site points out, while many assumed that Reeves would be writing the film himself, that's not really his forte. In fact, he's only co-written three films in the last two decades Bomback is no stranger to superhero films, having written 2013's The Wolverine.

Reeves and Bomback will be moving forward with the script, regardless of whether Ben Affleck remains, Nightwing takes up the mantle or WB simply recasts the role.

Unread 2017-07-23, 06:34 PM   #88
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Refutes Rumors That He Wants Out Of Playing Batman

On the eve of SDCC, rumors swirled (once again) that Ben Affleck wanted out as Batman and that he'd be leaving just as soon as he fulfilled his contract's three-film commitment in Justice League 2. However, almost immediately after taking the stage during the Justice League segment of the Warner Bros. SDCC panel, Affleck refuted those claims.

Of course, skeptical fans immediately recalled that Affleck also refuted claims that he wanted out of directing The Batman just a week before releasing an official statement that he was doing just that. Time will tell whether the first situation was just an anomaly or the start of controversy-mitigating pattern.

Unread 2017-07-23, 07:43 PM   #89
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Will Play Batman as Long as DC & Warner Bros. Want

Prior to this weekend's San Diego Comic-Con, Ben Affleck's future in the DC Extended Universe as Batman seemed pretty uncertain. Reports were claiming that Warner Bros. wanted to usher out his Batman "gracefully" in a future DCEU movie and, in some way, that may still be true, but Affleck wants us to know that he isn't going anywhere until the studio makes him go somewhere. He wants to play Batman as long as he can.
Entertainment Weekly caught up with Ben Affleck after Warner Bros.' massive Hall H presentation at San Diego Comic-Con. During the panel, Affleck made it clear that he loves the role and that he will be in The Batman for director Matt Reeves. While speaking with EW, he reiterated that he isn't going to direct the movie, simply because he feels something would suffer as a result. Here's what he had to say about it.
"Trying to do that, and direct, would probably be too much. Something would be compromised. I think it came off, optically, to the broader world, like lack of interest or enthusiasm. When in fact I love this character. I think getting Matt Reeves to come in and do it is really, really exciting. Matt hasn't really unveiled his full vision yet. He wanted to wait until Apes came out, and he was obviously consumed with that. So I'm looking forward to hearing what his story is."
Matt Reeves has said that he is going to work on a new script for The Batman, so this is going to be quite a bit different than what was rumored to be going on when Ben Affleck was directing. Different or not, he's into it and he is just as committed to playing the Dark Knight in the DCEU as ever. If he does get "gracefully" replaced at some point, it won't be because Ben Affleck is unsatisfied with his job as Gotham's greatest hero.
"Warners has been working on it, making sure we're getting it right. That's the partnership you definitely want. With Wonder Woman, they really hit a home run. With (Justice League), I think we've found the tone, and found the flavor of it. I'd love to do it as long as they'll have me. Eventually it'll be somebody else, and I'm sure they'll get somebody great. But while I'm doing it, I'm going to do the best job I can, and really appreciate how lucky I am."
It was announced at SDCC that The Flash is going to be adapting Flashpoint, which means that some shakeups could be in store for the DCEU. That could present Warner Bros. with that opportunity to phase out Batfleck. Even if he doesn't want to leave the role, there are some realities to face. Ben Affleck is going to be 45 next month, which means he'll be pushing 50 by the time The Batman comes out. Whether he likes it or not, he is probably going to have to say goodbye to the role at some point. With no end in sight for the DCEU, Warner Bros. may have to do some long-term thinking on this one. But, at least for now, Ben Affleck is happy and remains Batman.

Unread 2017-07-23, 10:50 PM   #90
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Shuts Down THE BATMAN Departure Rumors: "Batman Is The Coolest F***ing Part In Any Universe"

Well, I guess it's time to nip one DC rumor in the bud as Ben Affleck has debunked yesterday's report that he was being "ushered" out of The Batman role. Come see what he had to say now!

The Hollywood Reporter dropped a massive bombshell yesterday when they released a report that suggested Warner Bros. might be looking to move on from Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman in their DC Films Universe due to a variety of issues. However, before that report could gain any serious traction, Affleck himself has come out and reaffirmed his allegiance to DC by pretty much debunking everything.

Shortly after getting on stage in front of the Hall H crowd, the Academy Award-winner very enthusiastically addressed those in attendance and swiftly calmed the nerves of nearly every anxious DC fan in the room.
ďI am the luckiest guy in the world. Batman is the coolest [frick]ing part in any universe. DC, Marvel, it's incredible and I'm so thrilled to do it. I know there's this misconception because I didn't direct it, that maybe I wasn't enthusiastic about it. Itís [frick]ing amazing and I still canít believe it after two films and having this history with this great studio and Kevin Tsujihara and Sue Kroll and Toby Emmerich have said to me, 'We want you to be our Batman' and I believe them. And Matt Reeves doing it, I would be a [frick]ing ape on the ground for Matt Reeves. Nevermind, being Batman. It's incredible. So, I'm really blown away and excited and it's a great time in the DC Universe and you're going to see some stuff from Justice League that I'm really, really proud of. And I think youíll see why Iím so excited to be Batman.Ē
Not much else was revealed about The Batman, save for the film's official title, but it's expected to go into production next year depending on when Reeves completes his new script.

Unread 2017-07-28, 12:32 PM   #91
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Deathstroke Actor Joe Manganiello Weighs In On His Involvement With THE BATMAN And He Doesn't Sound Happy

Joe Manganiello has been asked about what's happening with Deathstroke in Ben Affleck's Matt Reeves' The Batman and based on the way he responds, the actor doesn't seem at all happy about the situation...

It must have been a frustrating few months for the cast of The Batman. They all expected to be shooting the movie by now but someone who has to be feeling particularly annoyed is Joe Manganiello. The actor was revealed as Deathstroke some time ago when Ben Affleck - who was then still directing the movie - shared a camera test featuring the fan-favourite villain looking menacing.

Since then, Affleck has decided against taking the helm of the Caped Crusader's solo outing and Matt Reeves is completely rewriting his and Geoff Johns' screenplay, something that's left Deathstroke's big screen future very much up in the air. Understandably, Joe Manganiello isn't best pleased about that.

I think a lot of people are wondering what the status of Deathstroke is in the next Batman movie now that Ben Affleck is off the project as director. Do you have any information about that?

I donít. Well, I do but nothing that I can share. I know everything but I canít say any of it.

Was that imparted in a happy way or a downtrodden way? Iím trying to interpret the fluctuations in your tone.

[Pause.] Iím shooting for a neutral tone.

Youíre succeeding.

Thanks.

Any idea when weíll find out?

Itís not up to me. Thatís a good question for Warner Bros. and D.C.
It's clear to see that he's annoyed about what's happening and knows more than we do. It's possible Warner Bros. has told the actor to expect a reduced role in The Batman as Reeves may want to focus on an entirely different big bad. That alone must have left him feeling down after he signed on to play the lead villain in a movie directed by Affleck and it's clear he's unhappy about where things stand.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear as if he'll be shedding any further light on what's going on as he's been forbidden from saying much but it's clear that we probably shouldn't count on seeing Deathstroke!

Unread 2017-07-31, 12:57 PM   #92
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Signs Up For DCEU's Batman Trilogy And A Future 'Batman Beyond' Adaptation

'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' [Credit: Warner Brothers]
He may have been considered by fans to be the best part of the divisive Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but Ben Affleck's professional relationship with DC and the greater DC Extended Universe (DCEU) has been uncertain as of late. Affleck was rumored to be having disagreements with producers, ranging from creative differences to a general dissatisfaction with the DCEU's current direction. These rumors, however, have finally been put to rest by Ben Affleck, who just signed up to be a part of the DCEU for the long haul.
Bat-Fleck, More Batman Movies And Beyond

Comicbook.com broke the news that the actor-director of critically acclaimed features like Argo and The Town just signed a contract that solidified his future in the #DCEU. According to the website's Warner Brothers insiders, Affleck signed on to reprise his role as Gotham's Dark Knight for director Matt Reeves' planned Batmantrilogy and the future Batman Beyond adaptations.
"Affleck has signed on to appear as the Batman in Matt Reeves Trilogy. Affleck will play the Dark Knight for three more films, with the last leading into a Batman Beyond film, which will also lead to the next phase of the DC Extended Universe."
While Reeves' take on the Caped Crusader's nocturnal escapades in the crime-ridden Gotham City will surely be something to look out for, the most interesting development here is the confirmation of a DCEU adaptation of #BatmanBeyond.

Batman Beyond was an animated series that acted as a sequel to the critically acclaimed Batman: The Animated Series. Here, an aging Bruce Wayne (Kevin Conroy) has retired and passed the #Batman mantle to Terry McGinnis (Will Friedle) in a futuristic, crime-infested Gotham City where old and new foes roam the streets.
Despite being an original concept that didn't start out as a comic, Batman Beyond spawned a large following and has since been considered to be a part of the greater DC canon.
DC and Warner Brothers have been trying to adapt McGinnis' crime-fighting crusade to the big screen for years, but their efforts have proven futile. Following the failure of Batman and Robin in 1997, DC shuffled their plans for a Batman reboot, including a live-action take on Batman Beyond. In the end, DC placed its trust in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy, which proved to be a fantastic decision from the studio.

Unread 2017-08-10, 06:12 PM   #93
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

UNDERWORLD Actress Kate Beckinsale Reveals Why She Turned Down The Role Of WONDER WOMAN

Though Kate Beckinsale wasn't in the running for the 2017 Wonder Woman movie starring Gal Gadot, she was on Warner Bros.' radar for a very different incarnation of the character well over a decade ago...

Underworld star Kate Beckinsale has been a lot of fans' first choice to play Wonder Woman for many years now, and it turns out she was actually up for the role at one point.

Though she wasn't in the running for Patty Jenkins' current theatrical outing for the iconic DC heroine, Warner Bros. wanted Beckinsale to play Diana over 10 years ago when Joss Whedon was at the helm - however, having read the script, the actress decided to pass.

During an interview with Yahoo!, Beckinsale suggests that she simply wasn't very impressed with the material... in the nicest possible way.
"The incarnations that I was seeing wereÖ [after a pause] They werenít this one [the 2017 film].Ē [Also], I donít know if I was desperate to be in a leotard. Iíd already done the rubber trousers. You have to take in that you have a child at some point and how much could you possibly embarrass them.Ē
Now that we have our big-screen Wonder Woman, fans have begun championing Beckinsale as a new version of Catwoman for the DCEU.

Is that a possibility? Well, let's just say she's well aware of the interest. ďThereís also a very big alternate universe where Iím Catwoman," she adds. "Thereís a lot of that.Ē

Unread 2017-08-15, 08:12 PM   #94
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Done With Batman Says Brother Casey Affleck?

It's being said that Ben Affleck will not be appearing in the Matt Reeves Batman movie.

The source of the information is said to actually come from Ben Affleck's brother, Casey Affleck.
The Dork Podcast tweeted out that they interviewed Casey Affleck who said "Ben Affleck will NOT be in 'The Batman.'"
The site claims they will release the audio some time tomorrow.
Casey Affleck just told me that Ben Affleck will NOT be in "The Batman."
ó #DORK (@DORKpodcast) August 15, 2017
Update: I got a hold of a contributor on the Dork Podcast on Twitter and asked if the info is legit. He says it is:
You'll have to listen to @DORKpodcast tomorrow night to find out, how about that? Also yes.
ó Ryan Davey (@RVonD) August 15, 2017
Update #2: Audio of Casey Affleck stating Ben Affleck won't be in The Batman is now available.

There has been a lot of question surrounding the future of Ben Affleck as Batman following Affleck having stepped down from directing The Batman.
Just recently prior to Comic-Con a report stated Ben Affleck would no longer be playing Batman following Justice League; however, when Affleck appeared at Comic-Con he seemed to calm those fears.
"Let me be very clear. Batman is the coolest part in any f'n universe, DC, Marvel. It's incredible. I'm so thrilled to do it," Affleck said in Hall H at the SDCC. "I know there is a misconception because I wasn't directing that I wasn't enthusiastic, it's f'n amazing. I still can't believe it after two films to have this history with this great studio. Kevin Tsujihara and Sue Kroll and Toby Emerich said to me, 'We want you to be our Batman' and I believe them. Matt Reeves doing it, it's like 'I would be a f'n ape on the ground for Matt Reeves.' Nevermind being Batman, It's incredible. So I'm really blown away and excited, and it's a great time in the DC universe. You are going to see some stuff from Justice League that we're really, really proud of. I think you'll see why I'm so excited to be Batman."

Unread 2017-08-15, 08:19 PM   #95
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

(@iamthatroby)

"Is that breaking news? I'm just making this up." - Casey Affleck on if Ben Affleck is leaving THE BATMAN

Unread 2017-08-17, 01:21 PM   #96
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Reps For Ben Affleck And His Brother Casey Respond To Those Claims About Him Being Done With THE BATMAN

Casey Affleck recently stated that Ben Affleck won't be reprising the role of Bruce Wayne in The Batman but reps for both actors have now gone into damage control mode to clear the matter up...

Earlier this week, Casey Affleck dropped quite the bombshell when he said in an interview that his brother Ben would not be taking on the lead role in Matt Reeves' The Batman. Fans started panicking and that was despite the fact that Casey later stated that he was joking/making it up (both of which appeared to be excuses for saying something he probably shouldn't have). So, what is going on here?

Well, reps for both actors have now attempted to set the record straight but their comments probably won't do much to ease the nerves of those of you convinced that Ben is done after Justice League!

"He was having fun with the folks at the Red Sox game," Casey's rep states, "and not speaking from a place of firsthand knowledge." Ben's rep was also quick to follow this by claiming that nothing has changed since Comic-Con and that, "he'll continue to be Batman as long as the studio will have him." Warner Bros., meanwhile, declined to comment on the matter but that was to be expected.

As of right now, it does appear as if Ben will return as the Caped Crusader in The Batman but seeing as he spent such a long time telling everyone he would direct the movie before dropping out, we simply can't be sure! Until cameras start rolling on that spinoff, it's likely best to take a wait and see approach but it would definitely be nice to hear something 100% official and concrete! What do you guys think?

Unread 2017-08-23, 03:01 PM   #97
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, Is The Batman Solo Movie Even Part Of The DCEU? Here's What Matt Reeves Says

The Batman has been through a few creative shakeups since the start of 2017, but it remains one of the DC Extended Universe's most anticipated projects. After seeing Batman as a co-lead in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League, as well as his cameo in Suicide Squad, Ben Affleck's Caped Crusader will finally be leading his own story. It's long been assumed that The Batman would expand the hero's mythology in the DCEU, either revisiting him post-Justice League or perhaps going the Wonder Woman route and delivering a prequel showing what he was up to pre-Batman v Superman. However, now director Matt Reeves has called that into question, as one of his recent comments seems to imply that this Batman movie is unconnected to the DCEU. While chatting about the project, Reeves said the following:

When they approached me, what they said was, 'Look, it's a standalone. This isn't part of the extended universe.'

That's a surprising statement, to be sure, but taking a step back, there are two ways we could look at what Matt Reeves said during his interview with KCRW's The Business. One is we take him literally and assume that The Batman will not exist within the DCEU canon, despite the fact that Ben Affleck is still expected to play Gotham City's protector. It was reported yesterday that a new DC films banner is being put together that will tell one-off movies that aren't tied to this shared universe, including a Joker origin story. So even though Ben Affleck would be reprising Batman, this movie would allow them deliver a tale that isn't restricted by the DCEU's history.

On the other hand, Matt Reeves may just be speaking loosely when he says The Batman isn't part of this extended universe. It would still exist the same DCEU continuity, but the references to Batman's Justice League life or other corners of DC Comics would be few or nonexistent, much like how Doctor Strange was one of the more self-contained movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This seems like the likelier approach given that Affleck's Batman is most recognizable as one of the DCEU's integral superheroes. Let's also not forget that Warner Bros featured The Batman's logo during San Diego Comic-Con while listing many of the upcoming DC movies, the rest of which are also considered DCEU entries.

In any case, Matt Reeves is still tackling The Batman movie with care, even mentioning that it's not being plotted out as the first chapter of a trilogy, but just as one standalone movie for now. He also added:

For me, I want to use the same approach that I've taken to everything, which is to find a personal way in, to do it from point of view, perspective. To make it emotional. I think there's a way to do a story about that character that's really engaging.
Matt Reeves boarded The Batman this past February after Ben Affleck dropped out as director in late January. Since Reeves is rewriting the script from scratch, no plot details have been made public yet, including whether or not Joe Manganiello's Deathstroke will remain the villain.

Keep checking back with CinemaBlend for more updates on how The Batman is coming along. In the meantime, you can browse through our handy guide showing all the DC projects that are in various forms of development.

Unread 2017-08-23, 09:24 PM   #98
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Reportedly Out As THE BATMAN After All; Matt Reeves' Film WILL Be Set Outside Of The DCEU

Looks like Reeves' comments from last night weren't misinterpreted after all, as a reliable report seems to have confirmed that The Batman will not be set in the DCEU, and star another actor in the role...

Last night, we reported on some recent quotes from The Batman director Matt Reeves that seemed to indicate that his new take on The Dark Knight would not be set in The DCEU.

At the time many felt that the director's comments simply meant that his film wouldn't directly tie-in to the DC Films Universe and instead tell a standalone story, but it now looks like that might have been wishful thinking.

Here is an excerpt from THR's report on the new Joker and Harley Quinn movie that references the studio's plan to create a new label that'll tell stories set outside of the main DCEU.
"The new line, or possibly label, will allow for the making of movies that will stand apart and separate from those big-budget tentpoles. Matt Reevesí The Batman, for example, is intended to not be connected to the Justice League universe but to be set in a different time period and star another actor."
That seems pretty clear-cut. It is worth noting that the paragraph in question has since been deleted, but that more than likely means the writer simply jumped the gun with the news.

Of course, this doesn't mean for certain that Ben Affleck won't stay on as Batman in The DCEU, just that he won't play the character in Reeves' movie.

At any rate, WB really need to release some sort of statement clearing this whole thing up once and for all - but until then, let us know what you think in the usual place.

UPDATE: THR has now added the following to their report:

"An earlier version of this story stated that Matt Reeves' The Batman was part of Warner Bros.' new label and would star a new actor as Batman, but it is unclear where that project will fall."

Unread 2017-08-24, 01:37 PM   #99
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

So looks like they hounded Reeves or he spoke up on Twitter

Matt Reeves Responds To Batman And DCEU Controversy

Warner Brothers' The Batman movie became a subject of controversy on Wednesday when an old interview with director Matt Reeves resurfaced, stating it was "not part of the Extended Universe." Now, the director has debunked all speculation and made a final ruling.
The Batman is a part of the DC Extended Universe.

Reeves took to Twitter to share his official ruling, as can be seen in the tweet below.

"Jeez, what'd I miss, guys...?" Reeves wrote. "Just to be clear: of course Batman will be part of the D.C. Universe. Batman will be Batman."
The tweet settles a debate which roared on the Internet following several controversial bits of news relating to future productions from Warner Bros. and DC Films...

PreviousSlide 1/1 Clarification

"When they approached me, what they said was, 'Look, itís a standalone. This isnít part of the Extended Universe,'" Reeves said on The Business podcast back in July.
The quote resurfaced following the news of a standalone Joker film which would exist in an isolated universe, independent of the DC Extended Universe, with a new actor playing Batman's greatest nemesis. The Batman movie, however, will not follow such a lead.

"In my comments from a while back about not being part of the DCEU, I was talking about The Batman being a story specifically about Batman," Reeves wrote. "Not about the others in the Universe. That it wouldn't be filled with cameos servicing other stories -- that it would be a BATMAN story."
The Batman connection to the greater DC Extended Universe is officially confirmed.

Unread 2017-08-24, 09:27 PM   #100
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 257
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1938
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

So is Afleck in or fucking out. I'm so sick of the fucking drama and misinformation surrounding this film

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, ben affleck, deathstroke, joe manganiello