Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2016-10-03, 12:33 PM   #26
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Confirms That THE BATMAN Will Be The Title Of His Standalone DCEU Film

As many fans and publications speculated, the title of Ben Affleck's solo film as Gotham's Caped Crusader has now been confirmed by the actor to be The Batman...

Well, it looks like the rumours were true! In an interview with The Associated Press for his new film The Accountant, actor Ben Affleck confirmed that his solo film as the Dark Knight will indeed be titled The Batman.

"The movie, I think, is going to be called The Batman,"
Affleck said. "I think that's what we're going with now. I might change it. That's about it, that's all I got. We're working on the script, it's going well, I'm really excited about it, and I assure you, if anything develops, you'll hear about it."

The title makes sense for a back-to-basics approach for the DC hero, and while we still don't know an exact release date for the film, Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes recently hinted that it will probably commence production in about a year and a half. The film is rumoured to feature several notable members of Batman's rogues gallery, along with taking place inside Arkham Asylum. Joe Manganiello's Deathstroke was also recently confirmed to make an appearance.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-10-04, 08:54 AM   #27
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Talks More About Deathstroke's Role In THE BATMAN And Why He Cast Joe Manganiello

Justice League star Ben Affleck talks here briefly about why Deathstroke makes a good foe for the Caped Crusader in The Batman while also praising the actor who will take on the role of Slade Wilson.

Ben Affleck has already shed some light on his decision to utilise Deathstroke as a villain in The Batman, and now the actor and director has elaborated on that during a recent interview with IGN. Essentially it sounds like the filmmaker is excited to explore the similarities between the two, and no doubt the awesome hand to hand combat we're no doubt going to see in the movie as a result.

"You know, it's hard to say exactly what it is. I think the reaction spoke for itself. It just seems like a great counterpart to Batman. They're similar in terms of skillsets, they're similar in terms of tone, and he's never been utilised in a movie before which is really, really exciting." While Deathstroke has never been seen on the big screen, he was in Arrow. Do you think Affleck picked up the box set?

Probably not. Regardless, Affleck was asked why he chose to cast Joe Manganiello as Slade Wilson, and his answer was short and to the point. "He's great and he's going to be great in the movie."

Unread 2016-10-04, 08:59 AM   #28
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

THE BATMAN Director Ben Affleck Explains Why Deathstroke Was The Best Choice For His Solo Film

It's been over a month since Ben Affleck revealed Deathstroke as the villain for his upcoming solo Batman feature and now, he shares some insight on what led him to the decision. Come take a look!

Ben Affleck may be on the press tour for his upcoming thriller The Accountant, but all everyone seems to be interested in asking him are questions about one of his next directorial ventures, The Batman, a title he himself revealed earlier this morning.

In an interview with our friends over at Collider, when asked about why he felt Slade Wilson, better known by his alias Deathstroke, would be the perfect fit for the Bat's first solo outing in the DC Extended Universe, Affleck explained: “He’s a great villain because—I just had an instinctive feeling that he would match up with him well. You know, I’m a big admirer of that character as well, especially in the New 52 the way that they did Deathstroke, and I thought that it could work.

Considering how well their brutal showdown in the video game Batman: Arkham Origins was received, Affleck is certainly on the right track. However, with Joe Manganiello (Spider-Man) already attached to the role and expected to make his debut in next year's Justice League, it sounds like there could be some minor repurposing involved with his origin story since the New 52 version of the classic DC Comics villain is generally depicted as an older gentleman.

Before he can get to the Caped Crusader, the 2x Academy Award-winner has quite a busy slate ahead of him, having recently wrapped Zack Snyder's Justice League and having completed post-production on his next project, the Prohibition-era crime drama Live By Night, which is due out early 2017. He's also currently working on developing The Batman script alongside DC Films head honcho Geoff Johns.

There's no date set for the film just yet, but it's been heavily rumored that it could arrive as soon as October 5, 2018.

Unread 2016-10-17, 08:08 PM   #29
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Joe Manganiello Reveals That THE BATMAN Will Begin Shooting As Soon As Next Spring

Ben Affleck may have recently tried to dial back expectations when it comes to the status of The Batman, but it appears as if Deathstroke actor Joe Manganiello has now let the cat out of the bag...

During the promotional tour for The Accountant, Ben Affleck attempted to dial back expectations for the current status of The Batman, making it clear that the movie isn't as far along as most of us assumed. However, it now appears as if the actor and director may have just been trying to surprise fans as new comments from Joe Manganiello point to production starting way sooner than expected.

Asked in the video below how he's getting on after a recent health scare, the Deathstroke actor replied: "Great, man, just getting ready to go shoot Batman in the spring." That can't just be a wild guess as Warner Bros. would have needed to give him a rough idea of when production starts so he can arrange his schedule. What this means is that we're likely to get a lot more casting news in the next few months, and potentially even some sort of announcement about the title and release date too!

Unread 2016-12-11, 01:17 AM   #30
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck’s Batman Movie Will Arrive Before The Justice League Sequel

For awhile now, Warner Bros. Pictures has had their release slate for the DC Extended Universe locked down for the next few years with some minor changes here and tehre. However, there has been another change made to the schedule in order to accommodate a movie that wasn’t part of the original ambitious schedule for DC Comics movies down the pipeline.
Ben Affleck was cast as Batman in this year’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice all the way back in August of 2013, but it wasn’t until the following summer that we got word of Warner Bros. developing a new solo Batman movie. Since then the movie has grown to be quite an anticipated project with Ben Affleck working on the script with DC’s Geoff Johns as well as getting behind the camera as director.
Now we have an idea of when to expect Ben Affleck’s movie, reportedly titled The Batman, in theaters, because one of DC’s scheduled superhero movies is being pushed back for it. Find out more about Ben Affleck’s Batman movie release date below.
The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Zack Snyder has finally lined up a window to shoot his long-gestating passion project The Last Photograph. The reason he now has time to shoot it is because Justice League 2 has been pushed back in order to make room for the arrival of Ben Affleck’s Batman movie. So now let’s look at the upcoming schedule of DC Extended Universe movies:
  • Wonder Woman: June 2, 2017 (Post-production)
  • Justice League: November 17, 2017 (Filming)
  • The Flash: March 16, 2018 (Pre-production)
  • Aquaman: October 5, 2018 (Pre-Production)
  • Shazam: April 5, 2019 (In Development)
  • Justice League 2: June 14, 2019 (In Development)
  • Untitled DC Film: November 1, 2019 (In Development)
  • Cyborg: April 3, 2020 (In Development)
  • Green Lantern Corps: July 24, 2020 (In Development)
Therefore, if Justice League 2 is being pushed back in favor of The Batman, then it would stand to reason that Justice League 2 will now arrive in that empty November 1, 2019 slot and Ben Affleck’s Batman movie will arrive on June 14, 2019. That’s just an assumption on our part though as no specific dates were given in the THR story where this news originated.
And just so we’re clear, Zack Snyder will still be directing Justice League 2, but now he’ll just be taking a break from superheroes to direct The Last Photograph in between Justice League movies. If you’ve never heard that movie, it follows a war correspondent in Afghanistan who is the only one to survive an attack on a group of Americans. When a special ops soldier in search of a family member shows up, the two team up, with the correspondent hoping to score the story of his life. Christian Bale and Sean Penn were previously linked to the project, but now there’s no lead in place.
As for The Batman, this is great news for fans who loved what Ben Affleck brought to the table as The Dark Knight in Batman v Superman (he was easily one of the best parts). Previous reports pegged a possible production start for sometime in 2017, and if the 2019 date is real, then that sounds about right.
Of course, Ben Affleck has said the movie doesn’t exists until it does, so for now we’ll just have to hope that The Batman actually materializes to make this presumed release in 2019, which was actually when it was rumored to be released when rumblings of the project first originated back in 2014. Stay tuned to see how this all pans out.

Unread 2016-12-13, 12:00 AM   #31
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Gives Update On The Batman Movie

These days, there are few film franchises who have the kind of appeal like the DC Cinematic Universe. While films like Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice were suspiciously looked upon by fans, films like Justice League and even Ben Affleck’s Batman film are climbing fans’ lists of most anticipated movies. Over the past few months, various details about the standalone Batman movie have been shared with fans, and now Affleck is giving an update on the project himself.

Tonight, Affleck took time to speak with the New York Times about his career and future projects. Of course, Batman made an appearance, and Affleck said he was still finishing the screenplay for the project.
“I’m a real believer in not reverse engineering projects to meet a window or a date. So, that’s what we’re doing,” he explained after telling fans he was still getting the script together.
Affleck continued to say he wanted to take time in order to pay homage to Batman’s cinematic history. Nodding to creators like Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan, Affleck said he wanted to direct a “good” and “iconic” Batman movie befitting of the hero’s reputation.

“I’m really mindful of that,” he told the crowd. “I’m not in any hurry to jam a mediocre film down the pipe.”
The next time fans see Affleck suit up as Batman, it will be in Justice League. The ensemble flick will hit theaters next year and see characters like Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Flash team up with the Gotham icon. The star is set to reprise the role in Justice League 2, but the sequel has had its release date pushed back. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the second film has been delayed to accommodate Affleck’s Batman movie.

Unread 2016-12-14, 01:20 PM   #32
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Now Indicates That He'll Be Ready To Shoot His Solo BATMAN Movie In The Spring

Our last update on the progress of The Batman didn't seem particularly positive, but it now director Ben Affleck appears to have committed to shooting the movie early next year. More past the jump...

Our last report on the status of the standalone Batman movie made it seem like the project was still quite a while away from shooting, with director Ben Affleck appearing to suggest that the script wasn't even close to being completed.

Well, it seems the Live by Night star has now changed his tune in that regard.

Variety caught up with Affleck at a tastemakers screening at New York’s Metrograph Theater last night, and he apparently indicated to them that The Batman (if that is the title they go with) should be ready for a spring shoot. “We’re on the right track with that and everything is coming together,” Affleck said. “We’re still finishing up a script. I’m very excited.”

While that definitely sounds more positive, there's still no official word on when cameras are expected to roll on The Batman, so until we get that this should be taken as yet another conflicting report.

Unread 2017-01-02, 09:24 PM   #33
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Keeps Jerking Us Around About The State of ‘The Batman’

Another day, another remark from Ben Affleck has come regarding the state of development on what is meant to be he first turn directing himself as The Dark Knight in the DC Extended Universe movie that may or may not be called The Batman.
Ben Affleck has consistently said that he wouldn’t direct a solo Batman movie unless the script was good, but more recently he sounded a bit more optimistic. However, now I’m starting to wonder if Affleck is just messing with film journalists, because he’s back to saying the project and his involvement is on unstable ground.
Let’s recap what’s been said recently about The Batman, or whatever Ben Affleck’s Batman movie ends up being called. Back in December, there was a rumbling that Justice League 2 was going to be pushed back in order to make room for The Batman in 2019. A few days later, Ben Affleck was asked about the project, and he had this to say:
“We still have to get a screenplay and get it together. … I’m a real believer in not reverse-engineering projects to meet a window or a date, but rather when you get the right story, when the right idea, when the right thing, then you make the movie. That’s what we’re doing, and I’m hoping to get that done. I’m spending a lot of time working on that, but also working on other stuff.
If I could, if I could find it right, there’s nothing I’d love more than to direct a standalone, iconic, great Batman movie. But it’s been done. Chris Nolan did three really great movies. I’m really mindful of that. I’m in not any hurry to jam the mediocre movie down the pipe. I really want to make sure that, if we do it, we get the great version and one that’s worthy of the tradition of guys like Tim Burton, Chris Nolan, and Christian Bale.”
That sounds like exactly what Affleck has been repeating again and again every time he’s asked about the project. But then, just two days later, former Warner Bros. president Greg Silverman said the plan was to shoot the movie in 2017 with an eye towards releasing in 2018. Around that same time, Ben Affleck sounded much more optimistic about the movie coming together when he said:
“We’re on the right track with that and everything is coming together. We’re still finishing up a script. I’m very excited.”
A few days after that, an interview from Entertainment Weekly (via Batman-News) had Affleck saying this:
“I’m still working on the script. I’m not going to write and direct anything that I don’t think is good enough to be made. I’m definitely going to make sure I have something that is special — there’s not enough money in the world to make a mediocre version of Batman worth it.”
Admittedly, that interview could have been from further back than his more optimistic viewpoint on the movie, but even if that’s the case, the Debbie Downer side of Ben Affleck has come back in an interview with The Guardian. Affleck confirmed plans for him to direct and star in the solo Batman movie, but also cautioned that it could just as easily not happen:
“That’s the idea. But it’s not a set thing and there’s no script. If it doesn’t come together in a way I think is really great, I’m not going to do it.”
You can’t blame Ben Affleck for not blindly committing to something as daunting as a Batman movie if he’s not yet confident in the script. But if he’s adamant about not doing the movie should the script not be up to snuff when the time comes, does that mean he’s not officially signed to do that movie yet? Or is Affleck just being dodgy about it so fans know that he’s deadly serious about doing it right?
Honestly, it just sounds like Ben Affleck isn’t going to be beholden to a timetable for delivering The Batman just because the studio has a release date in mind. LRM Online noticed another quote from Entertainment Weekly that lets us know where Affleck’s head is at:
“I’ve spent more time on Live By Night than I did on my two DC movies combined, and that feels really good. I have nothing against superhero movies, but I’m nostalgic for the kind of movie that Live By Night plays homage to, when that was what constituted a big Hollywood movie. That was why I wanted to spend my time there when I wasn’t wearing a cape.”
Maybe I’m just reading too much into this, but that doesn’t sound like someone who is dying to go back into superhero territory. At the very least, it sounds like someone who doesn’t want to be rushed, and wants to take as much time getting The Batman ready as he did for Live By Night, a movie that arguably doesn’t need to impress as many people since it’s nowhere near as anticipated as a new Batman movie.

Unread 2017-01-03, 10:43 AM   #34
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck's The Batman Will Reportedly Film In Los Angeles

When it comes to filmmaking, studios have plenty of decisions to make, and shooting locations are one of them. Hollywood often finds itself making production decisions based on factors like time, budget, and practicality - and big blockbusters are usually scrutinized when it comes to filming. Massive sets and all-star celebrities can bet they will shoot abroad when it comes to big studio films, but it looks like Ben Affleck’s The Batman will defy the trend. According to Batman on Film, the podcast alleges that most of the film will film here in the U.S.

Earlier today, the podcast updated its official website to tell fans about their inside knowledge. Bill “Jett” Ramey wrote that he’s been told “the bulk of the filming of The Batman will take place in Los Angeles – most likely at the Warner Bros. studios in Burbank.”
When the source was asked to elaborate further on the film, they were unable to say if any specific studios were being looked at. However, they were “adamant” that production would be based out of Los Angeles.
Of course, there is a bit of time left for Warner Bros. to settle on shooting locations for The Batman. So far, no script has been finalized for the production, and Affleck has said he’s more than happy to take his time on it. If the project doesn’t shape up to his liking, the star says he has no problem walking away from the movie.
In a recent interview with The Guardian, the actor talked about how The Batman is shaping up, and this is what he had to say. "It’s not a set thing and there’s no script. If it doesn’t come together in a way I think is really great I’m not going to do it.”
If nothing is set in stone, it seems unlikely that Warner Bros. has nailed down any calendar for shooting. However, it would be nice for fans to know much of the film’s shooting will take place on a set soundstage. Moviegoers will expect to see some trademark scenes from the film like Batman’s dramatic rooftop confrontations, so off-set shooting may be necessary for some footage. But, on the whole, The Batman will hopefully come out just fine so long as Affleck gives the script a big thumbs-up.
In Justice League, fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Unread 2017-01-09, 06:34 PM   #35
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Production On THE BATMAN Reportedly Delayed, But Is It Because JUSTICE LEAGUE Is A "Mess"?

Oh no. According to a new report, production on The Batman has been pushed back, but could it have something to do with the current state of Justice League? Hit the jump for details...

For months now, it's felt like Ben Affleck has been negotiating in public with Warner Bros. over the future of The Batman. While it's clear fans want it to happen, he doesn't seem convinced, and it now looks like the project has come to a temporary halt. According to BOF (an admittedly hit and miss source in terms of reliability), production has now been "pushed back" by "a couple of months."

Why does this matter? Joe Manganiello and Jeremy Irons have previously indicated that shooting would begin the Spring, but this would push shooting to the summer. As a result, that rumoured July 2018 release seems extremely unlikely, though plenty of superhero movies have been made and released in around the same sort of timeframe. For the most part, however, they're not good ones!

Here's where things get potentially concerning, though. The article's author claims that they've heard "it's a mess" in regards to Justice League. Considering the fact that Warner Bros. scrambled to change the tone following the response to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and it suddenly went from being a two-part movie to a standalone, perhaps that shouldn't come as too huge of a surprise!

Right now, though, everything here needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. With any luck, an official update on The Batman is coming soon, but for the time being, share your thoughts in the usual place.

Unread 2017-01-10, 10:08 PM   #36
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

VIDEO: Ben Affleck Confirms He Is Directing THE BATMAN... And We Should Probably Stop Asking Him About It

Though Affleck recently suggested that it wasn't set in stone, he seems to have finally confirmed once and for all that he will indeed direct the next solo Batman movie. Now, stop asking him about it!

Probably because he was simply sick of the relentless questions, Ben Affleck recently stated that him directing Warner Bros.' next solo Batman movie wasn't necessarily a done deal.

This caused quite a bit of buzz, and most likely led to yesterday's rumor that the project had stalled - however, during his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel last night, Affleck concisely confirmed that he would helm the film.

Unread 2017-01-12, 03:54 PM   #37
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Embraces The Pressure And Attention That Comes With Directing His BATMAN Film

To say that Ben Affleck faces insurmountable pressure over his Batman film is probably an understatement. In an interview with USA Today, Affleck says he embraces the attention while outlining his plans.

Superhero films have taken a massive strive in the last decade, and their popularity continues to be at an all time high, accompanied with massive pressure to deliver a great story that does each and every character justice. Ben Affleck has been on the receiving end of this pressure lately; ever since the actor confirmed that he would be writing, directing, and starring in the next Batman film, the media has done nothing but quiz Affleck for details in every interview, regardless of the context.

Unfortunately, communication continued to unravel as time went on; representatives from Warner Bros. and other actors involved with the project said quite confidently that production would begin on the film this spring, while Affleck maintained in every interview that the script was not complete and that the film would be made when he was ready. The actor went so far as to state that he would not make the filmunless it came together how he wanted, something he reiterated in an interview with USA Today while discussing the spotlight on superhero films.

“Superhero movies get the level of attention that is nothing like any film I’ve done. You cast the 14th lead in these movies and the Internet goes crazy,” Affleck said. “I understand and embrace that. That’s part of the pressure that comes with doing it. That’s why I am not going to do it, unless I really feel confident about it."

Of course, Affleck is still directing the film, something he confirmed (again) this week on Jimmy Kimmel Live, and despite his acceptance of the attention, he's very well aware what day one of production will entail. "But when that day comes, should that day come, I’m sure that’s going to be the most pressure, the most stress I have ever experienced in my professional life. There’s no doubt."

One principle change Affleck plans on making will be an overhaul to the Batman costume, specifically to make it easier to get in and out of. "I know what’s it's like to be in the suit," said Affleck. "We’ll have to modify the suit to make it a little bit easier to put on and take off. When you are in it, you can be sweating, crazy and exhausted, do your part and walk away. But when you’re a director, you can’t walk away. You have to be there for everybody. Chief among the challenges of doing Batman, will be finding a suit that’s more comfortable."

It seems that Warner Bros. will have to continue to be patient while Affleck finishes what fans hope is the definitive Batman film. What do you make of Affleck's comments? Let us know in the comments!

Unread 2017-01-13, 05:46 PM   #38
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Discusses The "Rebirth" Of The DC Films Universe And Teases THE BATMAN's Female Lead

Ben Affleck talks here about the big changes which have been made to the DC Films Universe as a result of Justice League and weighs in on a possible role for Sienna Miller in The Batman...

HeyUGuys recently managed to catch up with Ben Affleck to talk Live by Night, and they were quick to ask the actor and director about what it was like to work on Justice League. Interestingly, he was quick to use the word "Rebirth" in regards to the current state of the DC Films Universe before being sure to point out just how much "fun" he had while working on the upcoming release from Zack Snyder.

"It was great, and there's a lot of changes and a lot of new stuff. There was a whole feeling of kind of 'rebirth' and there's an exciting group of actors. You know, Ezra Miller and Jason Momoa and guys like that, so much fun, and Gal Gadot who's great and Henry Cavill. It was a lot of fun," he added.

The interviewer then suggested that Sienna Miller would be a good fit for the role of reporter and Bruce Wayne love interest Vicki Vale, and while the actress admitted that she doesn't know who that is, Affleck went on to say that, "She's perfect for anything. She could do anything. Vicki Vale's kind of bitchy, I think she's better for...well, we won't say that." Man, how frustrating is that? The fact that Affleck has someone in mind for her may point to The Batman having a female lead, but who could it be? Miller has said that she's read the script and knows Catwoman isn't in the movie, so time will tell.

Unread 2017-01-14, 01:53 AM   #39
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

The Big Change Ben Affleck Wants For The Batman Movie

There's been a lot of reports lately about Ben Affleck's current status with the upcoming solo Batman movie, specifically whether he will still direct it or not. For now, Affleck has confirmed he's focusing on the script and taking the time to perfect the story before moving to the next stage. However, should he helm the new Batman adventure, there is one change he wants. And when we say "change," we mean that figuratively and literally, because the actor has a wardrobe issue.

While plugging his new movie, Live by Night, Ben Affleck told USA Today that when he's directing the Batman movie, there will need to be some changes made to the Caped Crusader's costume so that he won't feel nearly as uncomfortable during production. As he put it:

Quote:
I know what's it's like to be in the suit. We'll have to modify the suit to make it a little bit easier to put on and take off. When you are in it, you can be sweating, crazy and exhausted, do your part and walk away. But when you're a director, you can't walk away. You have to be there for everybody. Chief among the challenges of doing Batman, will be finding a suit that's more comfortable.
You can't help but think back to The Dark Knight with this comment, when Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne asked Lucius Fox for a new suit after finding it difficult to move in his Batman Begins costume. He got what he wanted, with the tradeoff being that he was more susceptible to harm in his new duds. Of course, the reason for the costume change in the Christopher Nolan Batman movies was mainly for story reasons. In Ben Affleck's case, it's a comfort issue, because he's not in the same situation he found himself in during Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League. When the camera stops rolling, he doesn't get to take a regular break like the other actors. As director, he has to keep an eye on all the moving parts, and you can't do good work off-camera if you're still crazily sweating.

Assuming everything goes according to plan, Ben Affleck will be the first person to play Batman and direct a Caped Crusader-centric story at the same time. So if getting a new Batsuit that's both more comfortable and easier to get out of is what it takes for him to make a great Batman movie, then costume department, make it happen! Besides, having multiple Batsuits is nothing new in the Batman mythos. The DCEU alone has already shown three Batsuits: the regular one, the armored one he fought Superman in and the tactical one that will be introduced in Justice League (seen above).

Ben Affleck's Batman movie doesn't have an official release date yet, but it was recently rumored that production has been delayed until mid-summer. We'll keep you apprised on how the project is progressing as more updates come in.

Unread 2017-01-15, 04:59 PM   #40
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

What Makes Ben Affleck’s Batman Different Than Its Predecessors, According To Ben Affleck

Warning: MAJOR spoilers ahead for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Don't read any further if you aren't up to date on the DCEU's latest adventures!

There's a strong case to be made that Ben Affleck is the best film Batman of all time. He has the raw physicality, the unbridled rage, and the overall look of a dark, brooding Bruce Wayne. Even though the character has been portrayed many times by a wide variety of actors, Affleck continues to feel unique and distinct in the crowded field. According to the actor, much of that has to do with the older and wiser version of this character. Affleck explained:

It's different in terms of tone and, obviously, just a different actor. I think the most profound difference is that I'm playing the part at an older age than those guys were when they played it, and it's about a guy who's had a long life of this experience, rather than someone who's just setting out on the journey to become this guy. He's older and wiser, I guess. And he was pretty pissed off in Batman v Superman, but now it's not about finding revenge in Justice League, it's about protecting the Earth. So the feel is different.
Ben Affleck's recent comments to Cineplex highlight the biggest disparities between his version of Batman and any other incarnation of the character to come before him. The DCEU has gone to great lengths to hammer in the idea that Batfleck has operated in Gotham for decades and seen the worst of humanity in the process. While other live-action versions of Batman have typically been younger and less experienced, Affleck's has a far more cynical and seasoned outlook on life. If Christian Bale showed us the youngest and least experienced version of the hero in Batman Begins, then Ben Affleck is the complete opposite.

Arguably no moment from the entire DCEU highlights that feeling of experience, cynicism, and loss more than Batfleck's "count the dead" speech from Dawn of Justice. Check it out below:

Unread 2017-01-27, 10:34 PM   #41
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

How Joe Manganiello Feels About Playing Deathstroke

It's a good time to be a comic book fan. Because in addition to Marvel's consistently exciting silver screen adventures, DC is now in the fray with a bonafide cinematic universe of its own. And while Marvel took its time to slowly introduce characters to audiences, the DC Extended Universe hasn't been shy about quickly introducing fan favorite villains and heroes. And this will only continue with Ben Affleck's untitled Batman solo flick. While the script is still being worked on, the movie is said to be very villain-heavy, likely introducing a ton of Batman's rogues into the DCEU, including Joe Manganiello's Deathstroke. And now the actor has opened up about taking on the role.

Joe Manganiello recently sat down with ET, where the subject of his upcoming villainous role was brought up. Manganiello revealed how much playing Deathstroke means to him, and his relationship with the genre. He said,

Quote:
Growing up an avid comic book fan, and then there were a lot of superhero roles, and supervillain roles, that came my way that I said no to, or wasn't allowed to do, because of other commitments. So it's just really exciting to think that this is the one.
While it's great to know that Deathstroke is in the hands of a true comic book fan, Joe Manganiello also revealed a pretty mind blowing fact that fans are sure to geek out about: he was offered other comic book roles in the past.

The revelation that Joe Manganiello has been offered opportunities to play both villains and heroes within the genre is a pretty exciting concept, especially when you consider how there are only a few major players producing these blockbusters. Basically, they must have been roles in the Marvel Cinematic Universe or X-Men franchise. And considering that the majority of the roles in the X-men: First Class trilogy were a bit young for him, he's likely been offered a few roles with the MCU.

But it was the DCEU that eventually landed the Magic Mike star, and fans seem pleased with the casting. Joe Manganiello addressed this positive reception in the same interview, saying:

I'm glad everybody's happy. I'm just gonna put my head down and just really show up as prepared as any supervillain ever has.
Now isn't that a sigh of relief? Joe Manganiello is ready to get to work, and give Deathstroke his all.

Regarding his past offers, my guess is that Joe Manganiello was offered roles in some of Marvel's Phase Two movies, which coincides with some of his time on HBO's True Blood. True Blood is when people started really paying attention to the behemoth of an actor, and he'd already done a fair amount of action work in the show that would lend itself well to a superhero movie. I could definitely see Manganiello playing Crossbones in Captain America, as well as Drax or Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Unread 2017-01-30, 09:37 PM   #42
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Steps Down As THE BATMAN Director; Will Stay On Board As Producer & Star

Here's a bombshell to take you into Tuesday as it's being reported that Ben Affleck has officially decided to step down as director of The Batman and will now only remain as the producer and star.

Variety is reporting that 2x Academy Award-winner Ben Affleck has stepped down as director of Warner Bros.' The Batman.

Rumors have been circulating for a few months now that Affleck had been considering leaving the director's chair due to severe script issues, but nothing was set in stone until tonight. However, there is good news to be had as he is still attached to portray the superhero in the upcoming standalone and will also stay on board the project as a producer. Additionally, the report notes that Affleck recently completed work on the screenplay with Geoff Johns and was expecting to begin pre-production at some point this summer, however, after this most recent development, that schedule will now likely be pushed back to an undisclosed later date.

In a statement released following the announcement, Affleck said: “There are certain characters who hold a special place in the hearts of millions, Performing this role demands focus, passion and the very best performance I can give. It has become clear that I cannot do both jobs to the level they require. Together with the studio, I have decided to find a partner in a director who will collaborate with me on this massive film. I am still in this, and we are making it, but we are currently looking for a director. I remain extremely committed to this project, and look forward to bringing this to life for fans around the world.

The studio also voiced their support for Affleck's decision in a separate statement released to the press: "Warner Bros. fully supports Ben Affleck’s decision and remains committed to working with him to bring a standalone Batman picture to life." Sources have also learned that the decision had nothing to do with the disappointing critical & commercial turnout for Affleck's last directorial venture Live By Night and that it was made simply to make the best Batman solo feature possible.

As for who may take on the director's mantle now that Affleck is officially out, according to ace Variety reporter Justin Kroll, it sounds like WB is especially high on War for the Planet of the Apes helmer Matt Reeves. Collider also adds that the studio has been actively meeting with several different candidates and are expected to make an announcement much sooner than later.

There is no current release date slated for The Batman, but it was widely rumored to arrive late 2018, possibly 2019.

Unread 2017-01-31, 10:52 AM   #43
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 258
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1950
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

I really think this is a good thing. I didn't see how he could give it his all doing both roles.

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-31, 11:44 AM   #44
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

that's what I was thinking as well, be able to focus on the role vs all of it

Unread 2017-01-31, 01:42 PM   #45
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Here Are Some Of The Directors Rumored To Be In Line To Replace Ben Affleck On THE BATMAN

We already heard that Matt Reeves was in the mix, but now the names of some more potential directors to replace Ben Affleck on the standalone Batman movie have come to our attention. Take a look...

Last night brought the extremely disappointing news that Ben Affleck would no longer be directing Warner Bros. solo Batman movie, though he is remaining on board as producer and will still reprise the role of Bruce Wayne/The Dark Knight after making hisdebutin Batman V Superman.

Following the announcement, Forbes published a lengthy report on how Affleck's departure could potentially influence the project, and they also mention some of the names that are apparently high on the studio's list of possible replacements. Matt Reeves, we know about, but we also have Gavin O’Connor, Denis Villeneuve, Matt Ross, and George Miller.

Villeneuve really seems more like wishful thinking, as following Blade Runner 2049 he'll have his hands full with the Dune reboot. Miller was said to be one of the names in contention to helm Man of Steel 2, so it makes sense that he'd still be in the mix. O'Conner already worked with Affleck on The Accountant, but like Villeneuve, he has The Green Hornet reboot next. Then we have Ross, who made his feature debut last year with Captain Fantastic and seems the least likely to take the reigns of a massive tentpole picture out of this bunch.

Forbes also speculates that script problems could lead to Affleck dropping out of starring in the movie, but that seems like an extreme stance to take given how little we know at this point. That said, they do seem adamant that there is "at least a chance" he could walk away from the role. Whatever happens, it's not looking good for The Batman making that mooted 2018 release date.

Unread 2017-02-01, 12:43 AM   #46
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

27 People Who Could (or Should) Direct ‘The Batman’

Posted on Tuesday, January 31st, 2017 by Jacob Hall

Yesterday, Ben Affleck stepped down from directing The Batman. One day, someone is going to write a book explaining exactly what was going on behind-the-scenes at Warner Bros. that led to this revolving door of filmmakers on all of their projects. We’ll surely know someday. But not today.
So today is a day of speculation. As Matt Reeves and Mat Ross emerge as apparent frontrunners, it’s time to do that thing where we make a list of people who should direct the next Batman movie. Some of these names are totally plausible. Some are wishful thinking. Others are here just because the thought of them directing a big-budget superhero movie makes me giggle uncontrollably. Most of all, this an excuse for us to just goof off and daydream while Warner Bros. figures everything out.

The Obvious Choices

Darren Aronofksy

Look, the director of Black Swan, The Wrestler, and Requiem For a Dream taking on a comic book movie sounds nutty until you remember that he almost made two of them. Before James Mangold took over, he was going to direct Hugh Jackman in The Wolverine. Before Christopher Nolan showed up with Batman Begins, he was going to take on Frank Miller’s Batman: Year One. The wildly under-appreciated Noah showcased a blockbuster confidence that his smaller thrillers, dramas and horror movies don’t always utilize. So you know what? Give Darren Aronofksy the goddamned Batman.

Shane Black

After the unpleasant gloominess of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, how do you go about making the Dark Knight fun again? Simple: you hire one of the most fun directors working at the moment. Shane Black proved his superhero chops with Iron Man 3, but Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang and The Nice Guys showcase his ability to craft an engaging action mystery where the banter is as thrilling as the gun battles.

Ava DuVernay

There’s a reason Ava DuVernay ends up on every single director wishlist you read on the internet these days: she’s the real deal. Selma is an incredible film, a passionate and beautifully made drama about real heroes and since she’s currently filming the adaptation of A Wrinkle in Time, she’s certainly not above genre material. However, the news that she turned down Marvel’s Black Panther is a sign that she may not have an interest in capes and tights. But let’s be honest here: it’s about time Batman was explored by a storyteller who wasn’t a white man.

F. Gary Gray

Let’s talk about a realistic choice for a moment. F. Gary Gray isn’t going to top any nerd’s dream wish list, but he’s a realistic choice. While his earlier work (including The Italian Job and Law Abiding Citizen) aren’t going to win him a big superhero gig, his more recent work certainly might. Straight Outta Compton was a critical and financial hit, which secured him the job of directing The Fate of the Furious. And the last person to take control of the Fast and Furious series got himself a job directing Aquaman. So watch this space.

Doug Liman

Last year, we heard that Doug Liman was going to direct Justice League Dark, a movie that would assemble the DC universe’s weirder characters for a more mystical adventure. We haven’t heard anything since then, so why not consider him for the Batman job? While he’s seen his fair share of lows (Jumper, anyone?), the director of The Bourne Identity and the excellent Edge of Tomorrow has showcased a command of action and character that a great Batman movie will require. It’s hard to imagine Liman making a Batman movie that breaks the mold, but it’s easy to imagine him making one that pushes all of the right buttons in the most satisfying way possible.

Neil Marshall

It’s strange that Neil Marshall went from being a director of spirited, low-budget genre movies like Dog Soldiers, The Descent and Doomsday to one of the film industry’s go-to guys for expensive, glossy genre television shows like Game of Thrones, Westworld, and Hannibal. It’s time for Marshall, a director with a penchant for both atmosphere and action, to ascend to the comic book blockbuster throne.

Chad Stahelski and David Leitch

The directors of John Wick don’t have to be considered as a pair. After all, Chad Stahelski helmed the upcoming John Wick: Chapter 2 solo and David Leitch is off to direct Deadpool 2. But we’re going to group them together just in case they decided to team up again. Because let’s be honest here: at his best, Batman is the John Wick of superheroes, the terrifying legend that everyone whispers about in the minutes before he bursts out of the shadows to crack some skulls. Most importantly, Stahelski and Leitch managed to infuse John Wick with humor and character on top of the marvelously choreographed action.

James Wan

Considering all of the behind-the-scenes drama that has seen directors shuffling on and off various DC comic book movies, it would make sense for Warner Bros. to just stick with the people they know. And when it comes to filmmakers already working in this particular stable, I’d much rather see James Wan (who is set to helm Aquaman) take on Batman than Zack Snyder or David Ayer. His horror background is ideal for a superhero who instills fear in his enemies and Furious 7 made it very clear that he knows how to blow things up really well.

Stepping Up

Gareth Evans

Look, someone in Hollywood is eventually going to realize that Gareth Evans is one of the best action directors of all time. When that happens, we’re going to get something spectacular. If The Raid and The Raid 2 are what we get when Evans is working on the fringes, imagine what we could get if he’s given the resources of a major studio? If he’s given the necessary free rein, a Gareth Evans-directed Batman movie could be the superhero action movie you’ve always envisioned when reading an actual comic book.

Lesli Linka Glatter

Even if you don’t know her name, you probably know Lesli Linka Glatter’s work. While she’s directed a handful of feature films and was nominated for an Academy Award for her 1995 short Tales of Meeting and Parting, she has become one of the great modern television directors. Her small screen credits stretch back to the late ’80s and early ’90s with episodes of Amazing Stories and Twin Peaks, but they only grow most astonishing as you go on. A quick sampler: NYPD Blue, Gilmore Girls, The West Wing, Mad Men, The Walking Dead, E.R., The Good Wife, True Blood, Justified, The Leftovers, and Homeland. If you want an experienced storyteller behind the camera, you really can’t do better than offering Glatter a pass out of television and into the comic book movie world.

Debra Granik

Despite directing the critically lauded Best Picture nominee Winter’s Bone, Debra Granik has yet to ascend to the list of in-demand directors. Despite being nominated for an Academy Award for writing that brilliant 2010 noir, she has only made one other movie, the documentary Stray Dog, in the past seven years. Despite being the filmmaker who discovered Jennifer Lawrence, she’s had to stand by and watch less talented directors botch giant movies. You know what? If Warner Bros. was willing to let first-time director Seth Grahame-Smith direct The Flash at one point, they should be willing to let Debra Granik direct The Batman.

Unread 2017-02-01, 12:43 AM   #47
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Karyn Kusama

After breaking on to the scene with 2000’s Girlfight, Karyn Kusama found herself in director’s jail after helming the 2005 bomb Aeon Flux. And while director’s jail is easy to escape if you’re a man, it’s harder if you’re a woman trying to make it in the film industry. So yeah, it’s time that we started taking notice of Kusama again, especially since she has also directed the cheeky horror comedy Jennifer’s Body and the exceptional thriller The Invitation, which showcases a filmmaker in total control of her craft. The Karyn Kusama train is rolling again – Warner Bros. would be wise to hop on.

Miguel Sapochnik

Look, no one’s going to look at Miguel Sapochnik’s sole feature film, 2010’s Repo Men, and decide that he’s the man for The Batman. However, they will look at his Game of Thrones episodes, particularly “Hardhome” and “Battle of the Bastards,” and note that he has an eye for scale and horror and tension that should be utilized early and often by studios needing a more-than-competent action filmmaker.

Jeremy Saulnier

If this was a ranked list, Jeremy Saulnier would be sitting at the very top. It’s nothing short of astounding that no major studio has thrown open their doors for this guy – did they actually watch Murder Party, Blue Ruin, and Green Room? There’s a David Fincher quality to Saulnier’s work – precise, grimy, gritty, and unbearably intense – that makes you wonder what he could do with a proper budget. Part of me doesn’t want to wish the Hollywood machine on a talent as bright and special as Saulnier. What would happen to his grim sense of humor? His attention to bizarre, human detail? And at the same time…goddamn, do I want to see the director of Green Room make The Batman.

Dan Trachtenberg

Unlike many of the directors on this list, Dan Trachtenberg is a bonafide nerd and the kind of guy who may very well leap at the idea of making a Batman movie. And if the excellent 10 Cloverfield Lane is any indication, he’d be perfectly comfortable in the comic book waters. While grounded in well-drawn characters, that film has a nerdy streak a mile wide culminating in a third act that makes it perfectly clear Trachtenberg is ready to handle something enormous.

Wishful Thinking

Ryan Coogler

With Fruitvale Station, Ryan Coogler made it perfectly clear that he is a director worth watching. With Creed, he made it perfectly clear that he’s one of the brightest and most promising young directors working at the moment. Hell, Creed is so good that he should be allowed to do whatever he wants for a decade, minimum. Unfortunately for Batman fans, Coogler decided to take on Marvel’s Black Panther, which means that he may be tied up in another comic book universe for the time being. But hey, we can dream, right?

Rick Famuyiwa

Although Rick Famuyiwa has been directing since the last ’90s, he truly broke though with 2015’s coming-of-age film Dope. Suddenly, he was in demand! And then he was going to direct The Flash! And then he wasn’t going to direct The Flash anymore and everyone kept on wondering what the heck was going on behind-the-scenes to keep directors bouncing off this particular film. Still, if Famuyiwa was ready to direct the Scarlet Speedster, he’s certainly ready to direct the Dark Knight…but it’s hard to imagine him returning to this particular table after those dreaded creative differences put an end to his first round of superhero ambitions.

Kim Jee-woon

After making his Hollywood debut with The Last Stand, Kim Jee-woon promptly returned to South Korea to make the very good historical thriller The Age of Shadows. Would be up for making another American movie? That’s the big question. The Last Stand, while pretty fun, was a box office bomb that showcases very little of what makes Kim’s Korean work so special. If you want to daydream about a Batman film directed by one of Korea’s slickest and most exciting filmmaking, you have to watch The Good, the Bad, the Weird and I Saw the Devil, films so deliriously entertaining and bombastic that they make the head spin. Could a Batman movie lure him back to Hollywood? Do we even want him to potentially waste his valuable time outside of a foreign film industry that knows how to properly utilize his talents?

Michelle MacLaren

Like Rick Famuyiwa, Michelle MacLaren was going to be a member of the DC comic book movie director club. Then she left Wonder Woman over creative differences and went back to being only one of the best filmmakers currently toiling away on television. If Warner Bros. could tempt her back to the fold (and that’s a huge if), it’s easy to imagine MacLaren rocking a Batman movie. Her work on Breaking Bad was nothing short of extraordinary and her episodes of Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and Westworld have been exceptional as well. Someday, Michelle MacLaren is going to make a feature film and blow our brains out the back of our heads. Maybe Warner Bros. could send her a nice fruit basket and it could be The Batman?

James Mangold

If James Mangold wasn’t already the director of The Wolverine and Logan, he’d be an excellent choice to helm The Batman. Hell, he’d still be an excellent choice to helm The Batman, but like with Ryan Coogler, it’s hard to imagine everyone muddying the waters of these various cinematic universes too much. And that’s a shame, because Mangold is the kind of working director who stands head and shoulders above the rest – he’s capable and smart and makes the exact kind of studio fare you hope to see when you settle in for an evening at your local multiplex.

Out of Left Field

Ezra Edelman

Many documentary filmmakers have managed to break into the fictional realm, so here’s the question I’ll shout at the heavens: why not Ezra Edelman? Why not let the director of O.J.: Made in America, one of the best movies released in 2016, direct The Batman? You just know that he’ll have opinions on Batman and you just know that his take would be unlike anything we’ve ever seen before and you just know that this is never going to happen, but oh, man…why not?

Pablo Larraín

If you want a chuckle, imagine Pablo Larraín’s face when Warner Bros. gives him a call to offer him The Batman. It’s hard to imagine the director of No and The Club having any interest in a comic book movie. Impossible, even. And yet, he undoubtedly has the chops – his films are as technically precise and assembled as any others being made today and if he had the desire, he’d make one of the most visually arresting superhero movies of all time. Plus, I’d love to see the director of Jackie get into Bruce Wayne’s head and really rummage through his inner demons for 120 minutes.

Na Hong-jin

Like Kim Jee-woon, it’s not clear if Na Hong-jin has any desire to leave South Korea and muddle around Hollywood. At the same time, the director of The Chaser, The Yellow Sea, and The Wailing is the kind of oddball choice that could lead to something truly spectacular. Na has an eye for action (there are knife fights in The Yellow Sea that take my breath away), but he also has an eye for misery and the human capacity for suffering. In other words, he’s…kind of perfect for Batman? Did I just write that?

André Øvredal

It blows my mind that it took André Øvredal six years to make his second movie happen. His 2010 found footage adventure film Trollhunter is one of the best films of its kind, using a familiar format to tell an unfamiliar story that continuously tops itself in terms of scale, spectacle, scares, and laughs. It’s a brilliant (and brilliantly accessible) movie. His second film, the claustrophobic horror movie The Autopsy of Jane Doe, may be even better. While a Batman movie will benefit from someone who knows how to stage action, it will also benefit from someone well-rehearsed in crafting entertaining dread. Øvredal would be a left field, but astonishing, choice.

Lynne Ramsay

After what went down on the set of Jane Got a Gun, it’s hard to imagine Warner Bros. entrusting its cornerstone character to Lynne Ramsay. But we’re just having fun here, right? I have no idea what a Batman movie directed by the woman behind We Need to Talk About Kevin and Ratcatcher looks like, but I would pay evening prices at my local theater to find out.

Ben Wheatley

I wonder if Ben Wheatley would even say yes if the Batman directing job passed his desk. I wonder if the eclectic and divisive director behind divisive masterpieces like Kill List, Sightseers, and High-Rise would be interested in this material at all. And then I remember that he directed two episodes of Doctor Who and I wonder “Maybe. Just maybe.”

Unread 2017-02-01, 12:16 PM   #48
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

BATMAN v SUPERMAN And JUSTICE LEAGUE Scribe Has Reportedly Rewritten THE BATMAN

With Ben Affleck deciding to step down as the director of The Batman, it now appears as if the filmmaker has also decided to take a step back in terms of serving as the movie's co-writer as well...

We've known for a while now that Ben Affleck was writing The Batman alongside Geoff Johns, but Deadline reports that screenwriter Chris Terrio has just completed a rewrite of that original script.

That makes sense considering the fact that neither of the movie's original scribes are first and foremost movie writers and despite the mixed response to Batman v Superman, Warner Bros. clearly has faith in Terrio following his work on Justice League. Affleck also has a history with him after they worked together on the Oscar-winning Argo and he specifically brought him in to polish up Dawn of Justice.

Should we be worried, though? Probably not. 2016 was a rough year for Affleck after Batman v Superman was savaged by critics and Live by Night underperformed both at the box office and in terms of reviews. Just starring in The Batman takes the pressure off in a big way, but with him no longer directing or writing, the movie we thought we were getting could prove to be something else entirely...

Unread 2017-02-05, 03:00 AM   #49
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Smith Reveals His Choices To Direct The Batman

Kevin Smith recently gave his viewpoint on why Ben Affleck decided to vacate the director's chair on Warner Bros. solo Batman film, but now the question becomes who is going to replace him?
Smith had a few candidates for that now open position, opinions he shared on the most recent episode of Fat-Man on Batman with Marc Bernardin. Smith said

Quote:
"Who would I put forward? Look, you're going to hear this from me from now until the end of time.

Tim Miller. Give him everything, he did f****** Deadpool, and now he's not doing Deadpool now. You really f****** want to send a f****** message to the X-people he used to work with, f****** Batman. That's the only step up from Deadpool is f****** Batman, right? Give it to Tim Miller. He can do anything."
If that can't happen, though, Smith did offer up an alternative. "Or, yes, yes, yes. George Miller. Right? Oh my God, how about both? How about they co-direct? The Millers. A couple of Millers making the Batman."
Very interesting choices, especially Tim Miller. It would be a great way to get back at FOX and Marvel for the Deadpool creative fiasco, and would instantly bring some goodwill back to the Batman project.

Unread 2017-02-10, 10:36 AM   #50
JDLM
Schutzstaffel

Post Thanks / Like

Joe Manganiello Says He's Started Katana Training For Deathstroke Role In Ben Affleck's BATMAN Movie

As rumors continue to swirl around Warner Bros. and Ben Affleck's production of a standalone Batman movie in the DCEU, Joe Manganiello is pressing on with his preparation for playing Slade Wilson.

While speculation continues on whether Deathstroke is still appearing as the main antagonist in Ben Affleck and Warner Bros. Batman movie, Joe Manganiello has revealed that he's preparing for the role despite the project being on shaky ground. Appearing on the Dragon Talk podcast, the former True Blood and Magic Mike actor revealed that he's read every single Deathstroke comic and started sword training.
"I’m somebody that likes to start preparing way ahead of time. So I’ve read almost all the comic books involving him. Just to get the information out of them. Some of them are useful. Some of them are not going to be useful. Because ultimately the script—that’s my text. I have to play that.

I started katana training recently. Like live sword training and I started meeting with various martial arts teachers and discussing with them. 'Ok, so what are the most offensive styles of martial arts'. Ones where you’re not waiting for someone to attack you but ones where you’re looking to make the attack. Then what are the most deadly ones? Where are the scrolls, the ancient Japanese scrolls that have these really deadly techniques that you don’t teach to the average student out the street? Something that only somebody who would go looking for it that are really really bad, you know, are dangerous. Like, what are those?

'Ok, so now what are the stances?' What are like some really unorthodox stances that someone who learns say Ninjutsu would stand in? Ok, so now what if that person lost an eye? If that person lost an eye how would they then alter the stance so that you would have better peripheral vision. What would that look like? So then you start cooking, and then you start building a story. Kind of outside-in. That’s like a very physical way to build a story.

Then on the other side of it, like I said, I’m looking at the script rather than the comic books. I mean the comic books are giving me a good general kind of area of what we’re talking about. Where this characters located. But the script is really like, you know. Because they might change the canon. There’s been like 3 or 4 different ways that he’s lost his eye. Are we doing one of those? Or are we doing it a completely new way? Like, I need to play that."
Based on Manganiello's comments it would seem as if Deathstroke is not appearing in Zack Snyder's Justice League if he's only started preparing for the role recently. That said, it's pretty impressive that Manganiello is giving the role deep thought and really attempting to bring an authentic and intimidating Slade Wilson to life. Of course, Forbes recently reported that the Batman movie is in disarray and looking at a potential page one rewrite once a new director is selected. On the other hand, a Variety film reporter has now stated that a script has been finalized and WB and Affleck only need to hire someone to direct.

Tags
batman, ben affleck, deathstroke, joe manganiello