Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2015-06-24, 08:41 AM   #1
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like
Default The Batman

RUMOR: Chris Terrio To Write And Ben Affleck To Direct THE BATMAN For 2018 Release

A new report has surfaced which reveals more about Warner Bros.' plans for the Caped Crusader to star in his own movie, and they're very exciting indeed.

Some time ago, we heard about a solo movie for Ben Affleck's Dark Knight titled The Batman. According to Latino-Review, that's still happening, and it still has that title! While Aquaman and The Flash are both set to be released in 2018, it appears as if Warner Bros. are concerned about their movies being lost in the shuffle in what's looking like a very Marvel heavy year. That's why they're planning to pit The Batman against Captain Marvel in November of that year, retaliation perhaps for Captain America: Civil War forcing them to move Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

The site adds that Chris Terrio (who wrote Batman v Superman and will pen both Justice League movies) is set to work on The Batman too, with Ben Affleck starring and directing. Could the Caped Crusader finally win an Oscar? It's certainly possible with a team like that.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-07-09, 06:49 PM   #2
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck To Co-Write, Direct & Star In A Standalone BATMAN Movie

We've been hearing the rumors for a while, but now Deadline has confirmed that Ben Affleck will indeed direct and star a solo Batman movie for Warner Bros. when he finished up on his Live By Night adaptation. Also, he'll apparently co-write the film with Geoff Johns!

As soon as Ben Affleck was officially announced as our new Caped Crusader in Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice, fans wondered if he might possibly helm a solo outing for the character at some point. Recently we heard rumors that he was being lined up to do just that, and now Deadline seems to have made it official: Ben Affleck will team up with Geoff Johns to write a Batman movie, which he will also direct as soon as work is complete on his adaptation of the Dennis Lehane novel Live By Night. According to the site, the pair are "well in synch and have more than found their rhythm", and are expected to turn in a script before the end of the summer.

No release date is set, and plot details are obviously non-existent at this early stage - but it will most likely be set after the events of Dawn Of Justice, unless WB has yet another origin story in mind for the Dark Knight! Thoughts on this big news?

Unread 2015-07-10, 12:47 AM   #3
SiCO

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 51
Likes (Given): 86
Likes (Received): 207
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 11

I really hope they don't fuck this up. Batman is by far my favorite.
SiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-07-10, 08:26 AM   #4
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCO View Post
I really hope they don't fuck this up. Batman is by far my favorite.
by the time the movie comes out Ben would have already been Batman 2 times (that are known thus far)

Unread 2015-10-26, 11:42 AM   #5
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

EDITORIAL: Three Pointers For The BATMAN Solo Film And His Future In The DCEU

As Zack Snyder and Ben Affleck prepare to bring the Caped Crusader back to the big screen in style with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016, check out my thoughts on how WB can make Bruce Wayne's first solo DCEU movie the best Bat-film yet!

Following Ben Affleck's Dark Knight debut in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice next year, the character will make a wave of appearances throughout the DC Extended Universe, with Suicide Squad, the two-part Justice League, and his own (yet-to-be-slated) solo movie. The latter presents a multitude of opportunities to explore the character in ways we've never on screen before, which is why I've gone in-depth into three elements that Warner Bros. should definitely consider.

Before we begin, I'd just like to emphasise that these are just my pointers for handling our new cinematic Batman, and are far from definitive. WB certainly has their own plans, ones that may not even follow anything I've written here, and you'll have your own thoughts, too.
"And here... we... go."

1. Balance the Grounded and Comic Book Tones

Much has been made of Warner Bros.' directive to set the DCEU apart from the competition; Man of Steel set the tone for the films to follow, sharing a mood far closer to Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy than the Superman films of the past. It was broody, grandiose and reflective, but a chunk of moviegoers felt it was the wrong approach to the traditionally bright, optimistic superhero, and wasn't the most enthusiastic way to kick-start a cinematic universe.
Well, here's my take on it: the 'dark' and 'realistic' descriptions that we've heard time and time again aren't meant to insinuate that a man in a Superman t-shirt will walk the streets while a billionaire with a bat tattooed on his chest broods in the rain. Rather, I see it as placing these icons, these legends, within the confines of our world; a world of darkness and consequences, but one that allows us to explore the emotions that would surround powerful gods — fear, awe, caution, inspiration. Snyder definitely appears to be playing up that concept in Batman v Superman.

And while I'm fascinated by this approach, I think the key to capturing the true essence of the character is being able to balance the outlandish nature of the mythology and the grit of a realistic world. We've seen campy Batmen, a Caped Crusader rooted in gothic undertones and a seriously grounded Dark Knight, and while most of those have been fantastic, this Batman looks to be the most out-and-out comic book-ish yet.
We're already seeing this with Affleck in Dawn of Justice, with shots ripped straight from comic book covers to vehicles, Bat-armour and gadgets galore. The fact that this is a Caped Crusader that's going toe-to-toe with Superman automatically takes this iteration to a level beyond anything we've seen before. But a world where Men of Steel and Wonder Women exist can allow Batman to rise from the shadows of strictly crime cinema to full-blown superhero goodness.

2. Make It All About the Bat-Family

Rivalled by perhaps only Spider-Man, the Caped Crusader has the richest cast of supporting characters in comics; from friend to foe, Bat-books are bursting with fantastic sidekicks and devilish rogues. The former element — Bruce's partners and allies — isn't something that has been capitalised on very much in cinematic form, and I think that needs to change. The last time we saw Robin in a Batman film was in 1997, and pretty much killed whatever positive reputation the character still had with moviegoers.
As glimpsed in the Comic-Con trailer for Batman v Superman, at least one Robin has existed already, and has died at the hands of the Joker. Given his infamous demise in the 1988-89 storyline A Death in the Family, my money's on the deceased Boy Wonder being Jason Todd. When comic book lore already includes a dead Robin, well, it seems obvious to me to utilise that one for the movies. Of course, though the DCEU is adapting elements from the source, it's been made clear that the films are charting their own path, so perhaps Bruce has only worked alongside one Boy Wonder, and this is in fact the tattered suit of Richard Grayson.

Assuming that Jason is the one to have perished, ideally, we'd have Dick and Barbara Gordon, at the very least, as supporting characters in the Batman solo. Dick operating as Nightwing, Barbara as Oracle, demonstrating that they've been working as crimefighters for a while — after all, Batman had to fill out that 20 year career somehow. It'd also be interesting to see other faces, like Stephanie Brown, Tim Drake and maybe even Carrie Kelley, join the ranks in future instalments. Heck, throw Selina Kyle in there — I'd love to see another take on Catwoman (besides, I prefer her as an ally than an enemy).
Bruce's allies are rich characters that can be utilised in a variety of ways; distanced friends that regroup the Bat-Family, long-serving partners of Bruce, strong heroes working their own missions only to rejoin the Bat's crusade… the list goes on. To reduce these characters to easter eggs or cameos would be a terrible waste. Put them at the forefront, have them stand alongside Batman, rather than shun them to the back of the film.

3. Beware the Court of Owls

My final point is to utilise a group of rogues unlike anything we've seen in a Batman film: the Court of Owls. Hardly a revolutionary idea, I know. Including Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's brilliant New 52 creation is one of the most common fan suggestions for the Batman solo, up there with an adaption of Under the Hood. That's not an accident — the Owls are the best addition to the Dark Knight mythology in years, and truly deserve to be brought to screen.

The exciting thing about the Court is that they symbolise something entirely different than what we've witnessed in a Bat-film. They represent the deepest, darkest fears in Gotham, the idea that someone "watches all the time". The 2011-12 Court of Owls storyline showed Bruce in his prime, believing Batman was the unstoppable symbol of Gotham, and the Court's arrival pushes him like never before. His faith not only in himself, but in the strength of Batman serving as the city's foundation, is tested, and his over-confidence in representing the entirety of Gotham is called into question.

While Nolan's trilogy took elements of famous Dark Knight tales, it rooted itself in a cinematically realistic world, a far cry from the gods and monsters stomping about in the DCEU. But as the major movie companies start incorporating more and more of the source into their films (see: the Infinity Gauntlet in the MCU, Fox with Deadpool, X-Men: Days of Future Past and Apocalypse), I think Warner Bros.' new movie world will follow suit. There hasn't been a Batman film that has served as an adaption of a comic book arc, but I'd like to see a film that, overall, sticks to the Court of Owls storyline.

The first act would share a similar feel to the first four issues of the comic book plot, putting Batman's cunning detective skills in the spotlight as he (alongside his allies) uncovers the mystery of the fabled Court of Owls. In the second act, Bruce would be captured and forced to survive in the Court's maze, taking the group head-on, then barely escaping with his life. The final act would see the Owls spread through the streets of Gotham, with Batman and his partners working together to kick some owl-shaped ass. Bat-fam vs. the Court of Owls. That sounds pretty damn amazing to me.

Well, folks, those are just three pointers that I've got drilled into my head, and if DCEU Batman adventures go anything like this, then I'll be absolutely thrilled. Everything we've seen so far has been brilliant, and I have full confidence that Chris Terrio, Zack Snyder and Affleck will introduce a thrilling new take on the character come March.

As always, those are just my thoughts, and now I'd like to hear yours. Should there be an emphasis on the Bat-family? Are there villains besides the Court of Owls you'd like to see on screen? Sound off below!

Unread 2015-10-30, 01:28 PM   #6
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 257
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1939
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Please let this be true

http://screenrant.com/batman-movie-r...mpaign=SR-FB-P
Quote:
Batman Solo Movie Rumored to be Based on ‘Under the Red Hood’

The DC Extended Universe will kick off in a big way next year, starting with Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice in the spring, and continuing with the villain team-up film, Suicide Squad, in the fall. After that, we have years of DC Comics movies to look forward to, introducing heroes like Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg to the big screen for the first time, as well as some offering fans big event films like Justice League 1 & 2 and the supernatural themed Justice League Dark.

In the midst of this massive superhero universe rollout, there’s been vague info on when the two primary staples of the DCEU – Batman and Superman – might once again grace movie screens in their own respective solo films. It seems like it could be 2020 before we’ll see Man of Steel 2 and The Batman reboot; and while we’ve heard lots of plot rumors about the Superman sequel, it’s only today that we’re hearing some first rumored details about the Batman reboot.

JoBlo has dropped an exclusive about the supposed plot details of the Batman solo movie reboot. Here’s a bulletpoint list of the major stuff:

Red Hood is still a priority character for DC/WB.
The storyline will involve Jason Todd (former Robin) returning from the dead and framing Batman as a crazed vigilante who’s finally snapped. Red Hood will (as in animated and comic book versions) use his assault on Gotham’s underworld to try and draw Batman and the Joker into a showdown. (Yes, Joker will be a major player in the film).

Jason Todd will be the second Robin; Dick Grayson is the first and will allegedly be referenced as Nightwing in Batman v Superman. Nightwing won’t actually appaer onscreen until this Batman solo film.

The Batman Solo Film will essentially be the DCEU version of Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Red Hood = Winter Soldier).

Batman v Superman and/or Suicide Squad could have a Jason Todd / Red Hood cameo.

This rumor raises a lot of intriguing possibilities – especially when taken into consideration with what we know so far about these DC movies:

If Under the Red Hood is indeed the storyline for this Batman solo film, it confirms what Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad trailers have implied about this new continuity for the Dark Knight: namely that the movies are incorporating the “Death in the Family” comic storyline where Joker beating Jason Todd to death (only for the former Robin to later be resurrected) leaves Batman traumatized – and maybe explains why Leto’s Joker needed those new silver teeth he sports.

While Suicide Squad will introduce him, and Batman v Superman will feature him in cameo, Leto’s Joker is really being primed for this Batman solo movie.

The proposed storyline adds a nice detective story element to the proceedings – an important aspect of the character that we haven’t seen fully explored in live-action Batman films to date.

It’s a nice Noir action piece in set in a very specific locale – basically the formula Ben Affleck used to make successful films out of Gone Baby Gone and The Town.

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-10-30, 01:38 PM   #7
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

I could get behind that

Unread 2015-12-10, 10:19 AM   #8
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Will Smith Rumored To Return As 'Deadshot' In Ben Affleck's THE BATMAN

Rumour has it that The Batman is going to be an adaptation of the "Under the Hood" storyline featuring appearances from Nightwing, Red Hood, and The Joker. However, is Will Smith's Deadshot going to factor into those plans, and if so, how? Hit the jump for the intriguing details...

There are loads of rumours doing the rounds about characters like Batgirl appearing in Batman v Superman and Black Canary showing up in Justice League, and regardless of how many of those pan out, it's clear that Warner Bros. are building the ranks of their Cinematic Universe up very quickly. With Will Smith set to take on a leading role in Suicide Squad next year, it should come as no surprise to learn that he too is set to make his presence felt outside of that franchise. According to Latino-Review, he's keen to be a big part of the studio's plans moving forward, and that could include an appearance in The Batman. In fact, they add that "If Deadshot joins the Bat in the movie, it will be for a "major role" for a "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" scenario." Having these two team-up will be very interesting, and the Caped Crusader may just need all the help he can get with the Red Hood and The Joker setting their sights on Gotham City. What do you think?

Unread 2016-01-18, 05:55 PM   #9
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Seems Keen On Directing A Solo BATMAN Film

Academy Award winner Ben Affleck states that he would have never thought he'd want to direct a superhero film prior to starring as Bruce Wayne in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. However, seeing director Zack Snyder's effort was "inspirational".

When Warner Bros. unveiled their massive DCEU film slate which spans all the way to 2020, many fans were puzzled that a solo Batman film wasn't on the release schedule. WB has since confirmed that Batman will receive another standalone film (and that Henry Cavill's Superman will star in Man of Steel 2) but that film currently doesn't have a release date. It's likely because Batmans and Superman serve as anchors for the entire DCEU. Batman is already confirmed to appear in David Ayer's Suicide Squad (Aug. 5, 2016)and is rumored to appear in Wonder Woman (2017). The Dark Knight will also appear in Justice League Part One (2017) and Justice League Part Two (2019). Fitting in a solo Batman film while co-starring in 4 (possibly 5) films over the next 4 years would be tricky to pull off. Nevertheless, Ben Affleck states that watching Zack Snyder on set while filming Dawn of Justice was inspirational.

"I’ll just say going through the process, I would never have imagined that I could or would direct a movie like this. And in working with (Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder) and seeing what he did and watching him every day, I got really inspired by that and by seeing the scope on which he was telling the story, by seeing what he was able to do with this kind of mythic story on a grand scale."

It's not an outright yes but it's pretty close. "I got really inspired" would imply that Affleck is going to take action, right?

Back in July, Affleck was previously said to be in negotiations to star and co-write the next, solo-Batman feature with DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. But will he pull off the hat-trick and direct as well? Perhaps we'll have more substantial news after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice arrives in the United States on March 25th?

Unread 2016-03-06, 11:19 PM   #10
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Strongly Hints At Possible Jason Todd Centric Batman Movie

Many DC fans have theorized that the Robin suit in the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice means that Jason Todd is coming. How cool would that be? I mean, bummer for him that he gets killed by The Joker in the comic books, but AWESOME for us when he returns as Red Hood...
Now EW have given us some little hints that we might be right about Jason Todd. Check out the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer again and see if you can spot any Robin clues:

EW speculate that there clues are right there in the trailer:
The trailer features a Robin uniform, covered with Joker graffiti, which implies the Boy Wonder has been killed in a previous story. He’s starting to wonder if he ever really saved anyone – or just made things worse.
Ben Affleck - the Batfleck himself - adds:
“He’s projecting his own sense of failure, his own sense of disillusionment, his own cynicism onto Superman.''
DC consultant Geoff Johns tells EW that the Robin suit in the trailer is part of a bigger plan to create 'groundwork... for the other movies':
“We’ll be exploring that. No one says specifically the name of which Robin that is.”
EW posits that a standalone Batman movie is in the works - and one that may develop upon the Jason Todd storyline, finally giving fans the Red Hood movie we've always wanted. Here's what Ben Affleck has to say on that matter:
“It’s in development, and right now I’m really focused on finishing Live By Night. That’s where my focus is, and I tend to be a one movie at a time guy. So, when I’m finished with this movie, I’ll then focus on my next movie and figure out what that will be.”

Unread 2016-03-24, 09:58 PM   #11
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck All But Confirms Rumors That He's Writing A Solo BATMAN Film With Geoff Johns

Ben Affleck all but confirms that he's working with Geoff Johns on the script for the standalone Batman film. "He and I are working together on something and I really am excited about it and I love him."

In a new DC ALL ACCESS episode, the cast and crew of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice discuss their excitement about the upcoming release of the film. However, the most interesting part of the interview comes courtesy of Ben Affleck. The Academy Award winner confirms that he's collaboration with DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns on "something". Could that "something" be the standalone Batman film that Deadline reported was in the works last July. The statements from Affleck certainly line up.
"Geoff Johns is a brilliant guy," said Affleck. "I consider him to be the most valued resource on all things comic book. And every time I like something in a comic I mention, he goes, 'Oh yeah, I wrote that.' Now I just think he's bullsh*tting me, because he says he wrote everything. He and I are working together on something and I really am excited about it and I love him. He's the best."

Unread 2016-04-12, 08:49 PM   #12
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Warner Bros. Confirms Solo BATMAN Film With Ben Affleck Directing

If you loved Ben Affleck as Batman, it's time to celebrate! According to Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara, Ben Affleck will don the Dark Knight's cape and cowl for his very own Batman standalone film!

One of the best things about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Both critics and fans can agree that it was perfect casting, despite the fact that the initial reaction to Affleck taking on the role was overwhelmingly negative. We've been hearing about a new standalone Batman film for a long time, but now it seems we have official confirmation of the project.

During this year's CinemaCon in Las Vegas, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujiharatook to the stage and made the announcement: "We're working with Ben Affleck on a standalone Batman movie," revealed Tsujihara. Not only did he reveal that Affleck would lead the Batman standalone film, he also mentioned that there are "at least 10" DC Films that are in development to be released within the next five years.

UPDATE: The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that Ben Affleck is set to direct the Batman standalone film.

Unread 2016-04-13, 08:27 PM   #13
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck’s Solo Batman Movie Has a Huge Opportunity and One Big Problem

So it’s official, after a few months of being semi-official: Warner Bros. is making a solo Batman movie starring Ben Affleck. And it’s implied, but not definite, that the Argo director will direct. This is great news—Affleck is a gifted director, and Batman v. Superman paradoxically left us hungrier for a movie about Batman being Batman. There’s just one huge problem.

First off, more about the reasons why this is great news, and why Affleck’s Bat-movie could be fantastic. Affleck is a credible Batman in Batman v. Superman, even though the plot requires him to be a psycho. His rapport with Jeremy Irons, who plays Alfred, is pretty good. More Batman is always a good thing. There’s no way Affleck’s film can retell Batman’s origin. Affleck is highly motivated to make Batman cool.
There are tons of unanswered questions after BvS, including “How/when did the Joker kill Robin?”, “What happened to Wayne Manor?”, and “How exactly did Batman become a psycho, other than being present at the end of Man of Steel?” (One possible storyline Affleck’s solo Batman film could poach from is the Red Hood story, where Robin, murdered by the Joker, comes back from the dead and is pissed at Batman. I’m probably about the 100th person to suggest that, since it’s pretty obvious.)

So there are lots of reasons to be optimistic about Affleck’s solo Bat-film. There’s just one major problem, which might actually be insurmountable: Affleck is playing a Batman at the end of his career, and that’s probably the only Batman he can play. Even if you make this solo film a prequel and de-emphasize the haggardness of his Bruce Wayne, Affleck’s playing a Batman near retirement age.
This was a choice that Zack Snyder, David S. Goyer and the other film-makers made for Batman v. Superman, partly because Snyder loves The Dark Knight Returns (which also has an older Batman fighting Superman). And partly because it’s a somewhat different Batman than we had previously seen. (Affleck is roughly the same age as Christian Bale, meaning Bale was a dozen years younger when he took the role of Bruce Wayne.)

In Batman v. Superman, we hear at one point that Bruce has been Batman for 20 years—or like four times as long as Christian Bale’s entire Bat-career. That’s an insanely long time for him to have been Batman already, at the start of a series of movies that will presumably see him take several more insane beatings and probably endure tons more losses. You have to assume Batman is like a professional athlete, in which case 20 years is a few lifetimes.
The reason I bring up Affleck’s age is not to be ageist or anything, but because I feel like maybe the DC Movieverse has boxed itself in by putting its most popular character at the very tail end of his career. The main story you can tell about Affleck’s Batman is that he’s been fighting too long, and his body is giving out. He’s seen too much horror and madness. He’s somewhat burned out, after having lost so much, and his fight for justice has gotten brutal and weird.
Even leaving aside the scientists who say Batman would probably last only two or three years in real life, tops, it’s kind of insane that any movie they make with Affleck as Batman has to start with him already having spent a whole generation as the Caped Crusader. Even if they make a prequel film starring Affleck, he can’t look that much younger than he does in BvS, absent digital trickery or heavy makeup.
And that brings us back to the “psycho” thing. A Batman who goes around branding criminals with his hot Bat-iron, and who mows people down with his Bat-guns, feels less true to the essence of the character than other screen versions. And building on that for a solo film, your choices are a prequel that explains how he became a nutjob, or a sequel that shows how meeting Wonder Woman helps him stop being a nutjob. Either way, the story kind of has to revolve around his tenuous Bat-sanity.

On the plus side, though, Suicide Squad will probably leave us eager to see more of Jared Leto’s Joker going head-to-head with Affleck’s Batman, and that alone may be enough to carry us through any number of scenes of Batman struggling with the fact that he’s been Batman for 20 freaking years already, and has kind of lost his mind along the way.

Unread 2016-04-29, 10:34 AM   #14
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck And Geoff Johns Rumored To Have Complete Creative Control Over The Solo BATMAN Movie

Which of course means Zack Snyder will have no involvement with the film. Continue on to read additional details on the exact roles Geoff Johns and Ben Affleck occupy in shaping the solo Batman feature.

According to the newest episode of Heroic Insider, hosted by Hollywood producer Daniel Alter (The Apparition, Hitman: Agent 47) and Heroic Hollywood's Umberto 'ElMayimbe' Gonzalez, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns and Oscar winner Ben Affleck will have "complete creative control" over the solo Batman film. Which logically indicates that Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Charles Roven or any other frequent DCEU overseer has no say on what Johns and Affleck ultimately cook up. Alter and Gonzalez further report that Affleck is taking the lead and Johns is more of a consultant, providing necessary references to comic book lore and not necessarily shaping the story.

Unread 2016-05-01, 02:17 PM   #15
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

RUMOR: THE BATMAN Unlikely To Adapt "Under The Red Hood" But We Will See LOTS Of Other Villains

According to a new report, it's unlikely that we'll see The Dark Knight taking on Jason Todd/Red Hood in Ben Affleck's The Batman, but there's some very good villain news to make up for the bad...

Past rumours have pointed to The Batman (that's still not the official title, but really should be) being an adaptation of "Under the Red Hood", a story which saw Jason Todd return to Gotham City as a Punisher like vigilante intent on bringing down both the Dark Knight and The Joker. However, with the similarities that storyline has to Marvel's whole Bucky/The Winter Soldier situation and the fact that it's already been adapted in both an animated movie and video game, could the big screen be that tale's next destination? After all, Batman v Superman did seem to hint at that being the case!

Well, Birth.Movies.Death reports that "Under the Red Hood" isn't the plan, but we are going to see plenty of the other members of Batman's rogues gallery in the movie which is being co-written and directed by Ben Affleck. In fact, "It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie. According to my sources Affleck and Geoff Johns, who has been working with him on the film, want to make the definitive Batman film. They want to tell the ultimate Batman story, and to do so they're going to bring in all the big guns. They're going to have a big, sprawling Bat universe already in place."

While many of those bad guys will no doubt make only very minor appearances, this is an interesting direction to take things in if true. Seeing Batman going up against several of his most well known villains (many of whom have yet to reach the big screen) would certainly be a lot of fun, but that whole Jason Todd storyline would make for a great movie...what do you guys think? Let us know below.

Unread 2016-05-25, 03:05 PM   #16
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Geoff Johns Praises The Dialogue Ben Affleck Has Written For THE BATMAN And Discusses DC REBIRTH

During an appearance on Late Night with Seth Meyers yesterday, DC Entertainment CCO Geoff Johns spilled the beans on DC Rebirth and Ben Affleck's "amazing" work on the solo Batman movie...

Marvel's attempt to steal the spotlight from DC Rebirth has backfired horribly (hence why #SayNoToHYDRACap is trending worldwide), and in the video above, Geoff Johns talks to Seth Meyers about how the comic is shaking up rather than rebooting the DC Universe. However, it's the writer's comments about working with Ben Affleck on The Batman which really stand out here.

"He’s amazing, but he’s amazing at dialogue," Johns revealed when asked about working with the filmmaker. "When he reads the dialogue I just sit there going ‘Wow, I’m talking to Batman!'"

Affleck obviously once won an Oscar for his writing, so the fact that he's so heavily involved with that side of things in The Batman is very good news indeed. Johns meanwhile is also the perfect choice for the Caped Crusader's solo outing when you look at what he's done with Rebirth, so they're definitely something of a dream team when put together. Anyway, watch the whole interview above!

Unread 2016-06-01, 05:09 PM   #17
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Says His Solo BATMAN Film Will Feature A 'Mostly' Original Story

While there have been several rumours about what comic book storylines Ben Affleck's untitled Batman film might borrow from, the actor says he plans to focus on something more original for his project.

There's been a lot of rumours from both fans and publications about Ben Affleck's (currently untitled) Batman solo film and what it might adapt from the comics. One of the more notable rumours was the "Under The Hood" storyline, considering we see Jason Todd's Robin suit in Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice. However, according to the actor, who is also directing and co-writing he film with Geoff Johns, he plans to put an original spin on the film's story. "I think what I would do, what I probably would do, is in some ways what Zack did with this movie, which is to borrow certain things from the great comic books, but create an original story around it because I wouldn't want the fans to already know the story and be familiar, but I would borrow, steal, great things that have been done before in the comics."

Of course, this doesn't rule out elements from "Red Hood" or other stories making their way into the film; Batman V Superman pulled several elements from notable comics, including The Death Of Superman and The Dark Knight Returns. What do you think of this news? Do you want to see an original story for the film, or would you like to see a more direct adaptation of a comic-oriented story? Sound off below!

Unread 2016-06-22, 10:40 PM   #18
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Unread 2016-07-18, 07:50 PM   #19
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck's Batman Movie Rumored To Be Set In Arkham Asylum

(Photo: DC Entertainment) In line with one of the most lucrative video game franchises in recent memory, Ben Affleck's Batman film will reportedly center on Arkham Asylum, an institution for the criminally-insane that has been featured in numerous other-media adaptations.
Besides appearances in movies and on Gotham, Arkham is the title setting for a series of videogames from Rocksteady which have proven to revolutionize how fans view much of Batman's universe. While movies and TV had given audiences a different look at Batman himself than the one seen in the monthly comics, names like Harley Quinn, Oracle, and Azrael popped up in the games and gave non-comics fans a sense for those characters for, really, the first time outside of animated series.
The look of Harley, for instance, clearly influenced how the character was depicted in both 2011's The New 52 relaunch and in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie.
Ben Affleck, who is reportedly working on the script with DC's Geoff Johns, has said that his story would be an original one and that it would draw from a number of Batman comics, rather than directly adapting one. Batman On Film suggests one such comic would likely be Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth. It's their report that indicates Affleck's film will take place largely inside of Arkham.
Of course, that's in keeping with a few hints already dropped: persistent rumors that it would be not one but many of Batman's villains troubling the Caped Crusader in the next film had already led some fans to suspect part of the movie would be set in Arkham, even before the Ultimate Cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice -- out on Blu-ray tomorrow -- revealed that Batman arranged to have Lex Luthor sent to Arkham after the villain was imprisoned at the end of that film.

Unread 2016-08-29, 11:30 AM   #20
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Deathstroke Will Menace Ben Affleck in Solo Batman Movie

Deathstroke will menace Ben Affleck in solo Batman movie

Following the video from Affleck himself earlier today of Deathstroke on the set of Justice League, TheWrap reports that the one-eyed villain will be the main antagonist of the upcoming solo Batman movie. It still remains to be confirmed who will be wearing the mask of the villain and which DC films he will be appearing in, so check back here as we learn more.

Fans became suspicious that this could be the case when Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim revealed on Tumblr that the character wouldn’t be appearing in the series again due to him being “tied up in another DC project.”
RELATED: The Best Batman Villains
Created by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, Deathstroke is a famous mercenary in the world of DC Comics who has gone toe-to-toe with the Dark Knight on multiple occasions and actually beaten him in hand-to-hand combat more than once.
Affleck is slated to direct the film and has co-written the script alongside DC Entertainment President Geoff Johns. No official release date has been announced for the project, though Affleck previously said he wouldn’t begin production until the script was completed. Warner Bros. previously set release dates for two untitled DC projects on October 5, 2018 and November 1, 2019, meaning the film could take one of those dates.
What do you think of Deathstroke being the main villain in the Batman movie? Sound off with your thoughts in the comments below!

Unread 2016-09-08, 12:52 PM   #21
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Joe Manganiello is Deathstroke
Update: DC executive Geoff Johns confirmed to WSJ that Joe Manganiello has been cast as Deathstroke for Affleck’s Batman movie. Johns declined to comment on whether Deathstroke has a cameo in Justice League, which is currently shooting in London. So we still don’t know if the footage Affleck released online was a screen test or part of shooting for Zack Snyder’s superhero team-up film.

Unread 2016-09-18, 04:16 PM   #22
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Another Source Claims The Solo BATMAN Movie Takes Place Inside Arkham Asylum

A second source says Ben Affleck's solo Batman film takes place inside Arkham Aslyum but adds that the film is not ENTIRELY set inside the prison's walls a la the Rocksteady Arkham video game series.

Back in July, Batman-on-Film reported that Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will take place inside Arkham Asylum, in a film that sounds very similar to the Arkham series of video games from Rocksteady. Yesterday, Heroic Hollywood founder and The Wrap film reporter Umberto "El Mayimbe" Gonzalez backed that rumor but clarified that the entire will won't be set in Gotham's home for the criminally insane.

How Deathstroke factors into the film is anyone's guess at this point. Evidence has been gathered supporting the notion that the skilled mercenary appears in Justice League before tangling with The Dark Knight, one-on-one in Ben Affleck's solo superhero feature. Affleck has previously stated that his film will borrow from a few notable comic book runs but for the most part, will be an original story.

Unread 2016-09-25, 07:55 PM   #23
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Holy smokes! It looks like Batman may be gracing the big screen in less than two years. During the 25th Annual Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference, Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes indicated that the film was about eighteen months out.
(Photo: DC Entertainment) Speaking about the DC Entertainment line-up at Warner Bros., Jeff took time to talk Batman. “The reboot of Batman with Ben Affleck was a big success,” he said, referring to fans and their reaction over the actor’s work. “He’s going to be EP on Justice League and that’s helpful to that team.”
Later, Jeff returned to the topic of Batman and addressed the much-anticipated solo film that Ben Affleck is behind. And, surprisingly, he dropped a timeline for the film.
“Ben announced a Batman movie [that] he’s going to direct, star, write for - I think it’s a year and a half out. So, the strategy worked,” he said.
Jeff went on to explain how the success of Suicide Squad and Batman signals the overall growth of the DC Extended Universe. “The execution did deliver [on] what we wanted to do. We can do a little bit better on the creative. What you shouldn’t take away is that you should be worried about this. We’re actually more optimistic about this than we were when we tried to do it.”
Of course, there are fans who would like the wait time for Batman to be much shorter. The iconic hero is teasing a truly epic return back to the big screen. Earlier this summer, Ben Affleck stunned fans when he shared test-footage of Deathstroke for the film. And, not long after the video dropped, sources confirmed that Joe Manganiello would be playing the DC Comics mercenary.
However, there are several films that will proceed Ben Affleck’s Batman project. Wonder Woman will drop next summer before Justice League follows later in the year. These two blockbusters are already hotly anticipated by fans all over the world, so they will give a chance for Warner Bros. to tweak the cinematic universe.
During the conference, Jeff admitted that there is “a little room for improvement” on upcoming projects. “We can do a little bit better on the creative.”
The CEO said Warner Bros. recognizes there is still a disconnect between their DC Entertainment films and fans. As a general heading, Jeff said the issue came down to lightness.
“The general heading would be that the DC comics characters and their loyal fanbase have a little more lightness in them than maybe what you’ve seen in those movies,” he said.
However, Jeff did make it clear that the most recent DC Comics adaptations were very successful in meeting their intended goals. “These films were very successful in the strategic aims and the financial aims that we had for them. And the main thing was to launch DC and reinvigorate it which it did do with its fanbase - remind everybody of the powers of these characters,” he said.

Unread 2016-09-27, 07:48 PM   #24
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Joe Manganiello Begins His DEATHSTROKE Research For Ben Affleck's Solo BATMAN Movie

It was recently confirmed that Joe Manganiello would be playing Slade Wilson in the new Batman movie, and the actor has shared an image of the comics (among other things) he's researching for the role.

Joe Manganiello (True Blood, Magic Mike) has taken to Twitter to further tease his role as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke in Ben Affleck's planned Batman movie, by sharing an image of some of the research he's doing in preparation. It looks like he's just gathered a bunch of Deathstroke-related items together, but among the various Funko POPs and action figures, the first volume of Batman: Earth One by Geoff Johns can be seen.

This series re-imagines the origins of the Dark Knight and many of his allies and enemies, but Slade Wilson doesn't actually appear. Does this mean Manganiello is reading up on it because it'll inform the plot of the film in some way? It seems unlikely he'd give something like that away in this manner, but still an intriguing choice, we're sure you'll agree.

Unread 2016-10-01, 05:26 PM   #25
JDLM
╭∩╮(Ο_Ο)╭∩╮

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Affleck Confirms J.K. Simmons For His BATMAN Standalone Film, Talks JUSTICE LEAGUE Tactical Suit

While it seemed pretty obvious, Ben Affleck has confirmed J.K. Simmons' Commissioner Gordon for his solo Batman film, along with briefly discussing his tactical suit for Justice League

Batman's Tactical Suit that he'll be wearing in Justice League was finally revealed by Zack Snyder a few weeks ago, and fans were buzzing about the how the new suit could be used when confronting Steppenwolf (and possibly Deathstroke) when the film releases next year. In an interview with Mario Lopez of Extra, Ben Affleck expressed his happiness with the final suit, along with teasing it briefly.

“There’s two suits in Justice League,” Affleck said. “One is the one that we’ve seen before, and then one that he augments because of the nature of the mission, which I can’t give away. But it was a chance for them to play with the suit and add elements to it and kind of tech it out, and I thought they did a really good job. It was really fun.”

Affleck also confirmed once again that he will be writing and directing the standalone Batman film, stopping short of divulging too much, though he did confirm that J.K. Simmons will be reprising his role in the film as Commissioner Gordon, who will make his first appearance in Justice League.

Tags
batman, ben affleck, deathstroke, joe manganiello