Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Movies, Music, TV, Books

Unread 2015-12-07, 01:02 PM   #101
CosmosM3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 46
Likes (Given): 183
Likes (Received): 220
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 6

Venom/Carnage or go home... I am tired of see the same movie over and over...
Unread 2015-12-07, 01:07 PM   #102
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

That ball is kind of in Sony's court so hopefully they can pace the movies out and make them better

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2015-12-08, 08:16 PM   #103
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Holland Reiterates "Stealing" From SPIDER-MAN Predecessors And Proving Naysayers Wrong

The latest interview with Tom Holland has the British actor remain tight-lipped about suiting as Spider-Man, but talk enthusiastically about his portrayal of the Web-slinger, and how it will borrow from both Tobey Maguire’s and Andrew Garfield’s while still being “special.”

Tom Holland is still out and about promoting In the Heart of the Sea and being pressed on his upcoming breakout role as Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War and the standalone movie. During his latest interview with Variety, the British actor reiterated that he will borrow some elements from both Spideys that came before him for his “special” portrayal of the Web-slinger. Holland also has a word or two for those who doubt his ability to portray the beloved superhero.

“Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and it just gives me more motivation to prove them wrong when I do start shooting the movie,” he said of naysayers. “And hopefully I will and it would be good fun.” Holland also received some praise from his two-time Academy Award-winning In the Heart of the Sea director, Ron Howard, who reassured that the young actor “has the best qualities” as well as “a great combination of physical ability and his willingness to throw himself into situations and still be connected to a character emotionally in ways that rings true.”

While Tom Holland couldn’t comment on wearing Spidey’s tights on Captain America: Civil War, the actor reassured this his portrayal of Peter Parker will be special compared to his predecessors. “The only difference I’m going to tell you is that I’m way younger, and at the moment, there’s going to be both things from Tobey [Maguire] and Andrew’s [Garfield] character that I’m going to steal,” he said. “But there’s one very specific path that [Spider-Man director] Jon [Watts] and I agree on and we would like to take the character down and explore his background.” What do you think?

Unread 2015-12-10, 10:02 AM   #104
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

2017's SPIDER-MAN Is Not THE DARK KNIGHT, Will Be The "Biggest Independent Film Ever"

Confirming director Jon Watts' comments about the upcoming Spider-Man reboot having a John Hughes vibe, star Tom Holland expanded on the topic just a bit. Plus, see what he had to say about his mic drop moment during his screen test with Chris Evans & a lot, lot more! Check it out!

On June 23, after a worldwide casting search, Sony Pictures & Marvel Studios finally announced Tom Holland (In The Heart Of The Sea) would be playing their new Peter Parker, better known as your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Where was Holland at the time of the announcement? Well, he was in the midst of having a pretty "terrible day" and was on his way home, casually scrolling through Instagram when he saw Marvel's account had posted a photo of the iconic wall-crawler: "I saw Marvel had posted a photo of Spider-Man with the message, ‘We have cast the new Spider-Man! Go to our website to see who it is.’” Being a finalist for the part made the 19-year-old actor all the more nervous as he gingerly made his way over to Marvel's official website, clicked the link, learned about the life-altering news, and subsequently lost his mind: "I learned about it online with everybody else, and I just went bananas.”

Before he got ahead of himself though, his brother Harry quickly reminded him to get in touch with his agents first just to make sure the news wasn't some sort of elaborate hoax. His agents quickly confirmed the news with the studio and the celebration was on, but before he could get to that, Holland received a welcome to the team call from Marvel Studios head honcho Kevin Feige, who congratulated him for landing the part:"Then I got a phone call from [Marvel honcho] Kevin Feige who said, ‘I just want you to know that we’ve cast you as Spider-Man,’ and I thought, ‘I know! I already saw it online.’ But he was very nice and welcoming."

Looking back at his extensive auditioning process, Holland reflected on trying to find a way to send Marvel a self-tape, but then being caught off-guard when his agent told him that Marvel had actually requested a self-tape from him: "I know they’re trying to make Miles Morales, but let me try and send a self-tape.” The agent replied, “Actually, they’ve requested you to send a self-tape.” This surely came as a shock to Holland as he was incorrectly under the impression that Marvel was adapting Miles Morales, but what really thrilled him was that Marvel actually knew who he was: “That alone was crazy, I couldn’t quite believe that Marvel knew who I was.

He quickly got to work making self-tapes with the help of several of his co-stars, including future comic-book heroes Joel Kinnaman (Suicide Squad) and Jon Bernthal (Daredevil). By the end of the process, Holland had sent in five tapes total and had finally reached the in-person audition stage. He first met for a reading with Marvel's casting director Sarah Finn and was then asked to do a screen test with Marvel's two biggest stars - Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans. His first screen test was with Downey Jr. and you can read about it in detail HERE.

His second screen test with Evans may have been the more fruitful one as he decided to showcase a few of his skills near the end and more or less had a mic drop moment when all was said and done: "We had to do a movement test and then I said, ‘Can I just demonstrate some of the things that I can do?’ and they all were a little unsure of what I was talking about, and then I did a series of backflips and landed on the X, and was like, ‘Thank you!’ and then just left.” Considering he ultimatley got the role, it sure sounds like his big leap of faith paid off.

Speaking on whether or not there was some sort of initiation ceremony that took place once he landed the role, Holland joyfully exclaimed that “It’s a secret!” before further elaborating: "No, there was one process that I went through—which I can’t tell you about right now, because it would give some stuff away—but the thing about shooting Civil War is it made me so, so excited to start shooting Spider-Man. And I’ve got to wait so long until we start shooting... But it’s soon. It’s close. And I’m ready.” Now, that's certainly exciting.

As for his own solo Spider-Man feature film, which hits theaters July 28, 2017, Holland corroborated what director Jon Watts has previously said about the upcoming film being a sort of John Hughes-inspired version of Spider-Man, adding that it wouldn't possess the dark and brooding tone of Christopher Nolan's critically acclaimed near-masterpiece The Dark Knight. He also reiterated how the film will be more like a big-budget indie over anything else and sort of confirms rumors of a scaled-back story: “It’s not The Dark Knight. One of the special things about what we’re going to try and create is that you’re going to see the biggest independent film ever. It’s not going to be an epic thing; it’s going to be a film surrounded by these incredible things, but that follows this boy and his life. Peter Parker is a favorite of many because everyone can relate to him, and we’re going to try to make everyone relate to our Peter Parker. And John Hughes is a perfect example of what we’re going to try and do.

The late Hughes directed several '80s classics such as The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, & Ferris Bueller's Day Off, so if Watts & Holland are seeking a more uplifting tone for Spidey, which quite frankly suits the wall-crawler much better than anything dark, it should be an exciting prospect for fans.

So, what do you guys think? Sound off with your thoughts below!

Unread 2015-12-30, 04:20 PM   #105
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Marvel President Kevin Feige Says Next Spider-Man Movie will be Spectacular

In Empire Magazine's 2016 preview issue, they chatted with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige about the next few Marvel Studios movies - but they skipped 2016 and went straight for 2017 for part of the conversation. The newest addition to that line-up? Spider-Man.

The next Spider-Man solo movie doesn't have a title yet, and will be the first joint production between Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios. That means this Spidey lives in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Tom Holland has been cast as Peter Parker, a role he'll first play in Captain America: Civil War in 2016. His first solo film won't be an origin story, so director Jon Watts can skip that part of the tale (spoiler alert: boy bit by radioactive spider, loses Uncle due to irresponsibility, becomes superhero).

"Smaller scale is relative," Feige said of the film, meaning it won't be an intergalactic adventure, but that doesn't mean the stakes won't be there. "It's going to be as big and spectacular a Spider-Man film as has ever been made," he assured fans.

The use of the word "spectacular" is fun for Spidey fans, who have speculated the film might use that adjective in the title. After all, plain old "Spider-Man" has already been used, as has "Amazing."

"It's a Peter Parker story, and has more opportunity to be focused on the story of a 15 year-old kid going to high school," he said

Unread 2016-01-20, 03:18 PM   #106
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Sony Gives SPIDER-MAN New Release Date

After appearing in Marvel Studios' Captain America: Civil War, Tom Holland's Spider-Man will be appearing in his own, standalone feature film. Moments ago, Sony and Marvel just announced a brand new release date for the webcrawler. Did the Spider-Man film shift up or shift back? Read on for details.

Quell those fears. Sony is moving the live-action Spider-Man film up, not back! Instead of releasing on July 28th, 2017, the film will now be released on July 7th. The film will star Tom Holland as Peter Parker and Marisa Tomei as Aunt May. Jon Watts directs from a script written by John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein.

Other films scheduled to appear around the new release date include Wonder Woman (6/23), Despciable Me 3 (6/30), Uncharted (6/30) and War of the Planet of the Apes (7/14). The shift in release date moves the Spider-Man film away from Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk (7/21) and Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (7/21).

Unread 2016-01-22, 10:45 PM   #107
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

First Look At 'Peter Parker'? SPIDER-MAN Star Tom Holland Spotted On Avengers Quinjet

A new photo has surfaced (don't worry, this DEFINITELY isn't a fake) which may just give us our first look at Tom Holland as Peter Parker in Captain America: Civil War. However, the coolest thing here is the fact that he's sitting aboard an Avengers Quinjet. Check it out!

Marvel Studios co-president Louis D'Esposito previously shared a photo of Tom Holland on the set of Doctor Strange, but the latest is a lot more intriguing. As you can see, the young British actor is aboard an Avengers Quinjet and looking rather beaten up based on what's going on above his right eyebrow! It's a safe bet then that this hails from Captain America: Civil War and it might just be our first look at his Peter Parker! Regardless, share your thoughts on this photo in the usual place.

Unread 2016-01-25, 11:07 AM   #108
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

‘Captain America: Civil War’: Why Haven’t We Seen the New Spider-Man Yet?

Fans have been patiently waiting for a first look at the new Spider-Man who will be debuting in Captain America: Civil War. Even though we know sequences were shot with Spider-Man on the set of the sequel, no set photos were snagged, and there have been no leaks regarding the webcrawler’s costume. So what’s the holdup?

Well, besides wanting to keep some surprises for fans in the movie, Anthony & Joe Russo recently explained at a Q&A that a big part of the reason we haven’t seen Spidey yet is because of all the deals that needed to be made, and apparently still need to be made, between Disney/Marvel and Sony to share the character. Find out more below!
The Russo brothers recently appeared for a nearly hour-long Q&A following a special screening of Captain America: The Winter Soldier hosted by our friends at Collider. The whole conversation is a fascinating one, and you can watch it below if you wish, but for our purposes, the part about why we haven’t seen Spider-Man in Captain America Civil War comes around the 37:26 mark:
For those of you who can’t watch the video or would just rather read, here’s what they say:
Part of the reasons of what was so secretive was that the deals were always lagging slightly behind how we were using the character. We were always in danger of upsetting the deal—there were still sensitive issues going on between the two studios that they needed to agree on. When we were casting Tom Holland, when we were screen-testing him for the movie there was a whole very involved kind of process that was under the radar and secretive, because of the fact that it was still a sensitive business issue.
… The reason why I preface that is we’re still kind of in “deal zone”. The reason why we still won’t talk about [the costume] is that Marvel and Sony still have to work out what uses they have for the character, on a promotional level, on a commercial level. There’s still complications as far as that goes that involves business deals.
So we’re a few months out from the release of Captain America: Civil War and Disney/Marvel and Sony are still figuring out who is going to get money for lunchboxes, t-shirts and piñatas. That’s why we haven’t seen Spider-Man yet. It’s not surprising that there’s a lot of paperwork and red tape that needs to be figured out. Surely Sony wanted to make sure they get what’s coming to them for letting Spider-Man roam the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but surely Disney/Marvel want a piece of the pie since he’s debuting in their movie. It’s a mutually beneficial relationship, but it’s also a complicated one.

The good news is that we’ll all end up benefiting from all the bureaucratic nonsense once Captain America: Civil War arrives on May 6th. But hopefully we’ll have actually seen Spider-Man before then.

Unread 2016-01-26, 07:59 PM   #109
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Marvel And Sony's SPIDER-MAN To Get An IMAX 3D Release

Following the announcement that the solo Spider-Man reboot's release date has been moved up to July 7, 2017, Marvel and Sony have now revealed that the Webhead's new movie will get a full domestic and global IMAX run. More details past the jump...

Marvel, Sony and IMAX have announced that the upcoming Spider-Man reboot will be released in IMAX 3D in both the US and abroad. “IMAX’s long-standing relationship with Marvel and Sony first began with Spider-Man in 2002, establishing the ultimate way for fans to be transported into the world of their favorite characters like Peter Parker,” said Sr. executive v.p. IMAX Corp. and CEO of IMAX Entertainment Greg Foster. "By re-teaming with our friends at Sony and Marvel on the newest Spider-Man reboot, we are excited to deliver audiences what they’re asking for: a must-see cinematic adventure – in IMAX."

The press release simply refers to the movie as Spider-Man, but it will most likely be given a subtitle of some description before too long. The only confirmed cast members so far are Tom Holland as Peter Parker and Marisa Tomei as his Aunt May.

Cop Car director Jon Watts will helm the picture from a script by the team of John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein. Marvel’s Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal are producing.

Unread 2016-02-17, 06:19 PM   #110
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Did The New Spider-Man Movie Just Release Its Really Obvious Title?

A little over a year ago, ripples of excitement were felt throughout the world of geekdom when Marvel announced their deal with Sony that allowed a new big screen version of Spider-Man to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Since then, we’ve learned that he’ll make his MCU debut in May’s Captain America: Civil War, and next year, he’ll lead a new solo movie. Now we may finally know what this reboot is going to be called, and the title is about as simple as it can get.

In today’s press release for the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 cast update, it mentions several of Marvel’s upcoming movies, including listing "Spider-Man" for July 7, 2017. Keep in mind all of Marvel’s releases up to 2019’s Inhumans have been officially titled, and the upcoming Spider-Man film is the only one that hasn’t been officially named. If this press release is accurate, then Marvel has decided to give it the same name as the 2002 Tobey Maguire-led movie, which brought the Web-Slinger to the big screen for the first time. That’s an odd move on Marvel’s part if this is finalized.

While not all reboots (be they sci-fi, fantasy or another genre) retitle themselves, superhero properties tend to go that route. For instance, the 2008 Edward Norton-led Hulk movie was called The Incredible Hulk to distinguish it from its 2003 predecessor, or how 2013’s Man of Steel didn’t just call itself Superman like the 1978 Christopher Reeve-led movie. For heroes getting their first shot at cinematic fame, they get to keep their titles simple. That’s why Iron Man was just called that rather than something like Invincible Iron Man. In Spider-Man’s case, this is his third reboot, so he’s definitely in need of a dazzling title. Granted, it will have been 15 years since the original Spider-Man movie came out, but you’d think they would have come up with something more catchy.

On the off-chance that the press release was only using "Spider-Man" as a placeholder, the Wall-Crawler has led many ongoing books over the decades that could be used instead. Even with Amazing Spider-Man having already been taking by the Andrew Garfield-led series, there are still plenty of options for an eye-catching title. Spectacular Spider-Man, Sensational Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man and Avenging Spider-Man are the main ones that come to mind. (We didn’t add Superior Spider-Man because there’s no indication that Peter Parker’s mind will be taken over by Doctor Octopus in the MCU.) Spidey’s has a a lot of adjectives attached to him over the years, and one of them could easily be used for his solo kickoff two years from now.

Whatever the movie ends up being called, Tom Holland’s Spider-Man will go adventuring on his own in summer 2017, which is being directed by Jon Watts and written by John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein.

Unread 2016-03-07, 12:57 PM   #111
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

SPIDER-MAN Reboot Casts Zendaya In A Lead Role

We finally have some more casting news for Marvel and Sony's solo Spider-Man reboot. According to Deadline, actress/singer Zendaya has nabbed one of the female lead roles. Apparently she'll play a character named 'Michelle', but that could well be misdirection..

Marvel and Sony have added another cast member to their upcoming solo Spider-Man reboot, Joining Tom Holland and Peter Parker and Marisa Tomei as his Aunt May will be young up-and-comer, Zendaya.

Deadline reports that she'll be playing a character named Michelle, but don't provide any further details. Could this be a brand new love interest for Parker? Obviously in the comics that's usually either Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane Watson - but if they're looking to shake things up here give us something completely new, perhaps this Michelle will wind up taking that role. Or, could she actually be playing either Gwen or MJ and Michelle is a fake name to throw people off? Not likely, but you never know.

Unread 2016-04-04, 06:47 PM   #112
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Is This The Title Of The SPIDER-MAN Reboot?

Do we now know what Marvel and Sony have opted to call their upcoming Spider-Man reboot? Sony Pictures registered a URL that may well have revealed the title of 2017's solo Spidey adventure, which will star Tom Holland in the title role. More past the jump...

Has Sony let slip the title of their Spider-Man reboot? As spotted by Empire, the studio recently registered the URL SpiderManHomecomingTheMovie.com, which could well indicate that they've chosen to call the movie Spider-Man: Homecoming after the '80s comic arc, which featured appearances from both Captain America and Tony Stark, and the debut of the black Venom symbiote suit.

That title would have other implications too of course, as this film would mark the Webhead's first solo outing since returning home to Marvel Studios.

Obviously this is far from being offcial, as studios often register domain names that they never wind up using - but it's definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Unread 2016-04-05, 06:07 PM   #113
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Spider-Man Home Posts Pictures Videos
Sony Registers More SPIDER-MAN Domains

In addition to "Homecoming", Sony has registered three more domains which could potentially hint at the title of their reboot collaboration with Marvel. How does Spider-Man: Greatness Awaits sound?

Movie domain registrations rarely give away a movie's title but Sony and Marvel have given rabid fans very little to chew on in terms of what the two studios are planning for their reboot film starring Tom Holland. Following yesterday's news that Sony registered a new domain titled SpiderManHomecomingTheMovie.com, many speculated that the film could be titled Spider-Man: Homecoming. Well, internet sleuths have now uncovered three more domains recently registered by Sony:
  • SpiderManComingOfAgeMovie.com - Spider-Man: Coming of Age
  • SpiderManGreatnessAwaitsMovie.com - Spider-Man: Greatness Awaits
  • SpiderManSuspendedMovie.com - Spider-Man: Suspended

Spider-Man: Coming of Age and Spider-Man: Greatness Awaits aren't bad, although Spider-Man: Homecoming has a better ring to it. We'll probably have a pretty long wait to find out the title of the film as Marvel is unlikely to release any information that would take the spotlight off of Captain America: Civil War.

Unread 2016-04-12, 02:55 PM   #114
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Feige Suggests That Marvel Still Has Creative Control Over The Solo SPIDER-MAN Reboot

Although the new Spider-Man movie will still technically be a Sony Pictures production, Feige has revealed that Marvel will be on board as "creative producers". More details past the jump...

Though we've obviously been aware of Marvel and Sony's Spidey partnership for some time now, it's still not completely clear what arrangement is in place when it comes to any solo Spider-Man projects post Captain America: Civil War.

During the Civil War press day, Collider quizzed Kevin Feige about the specifics of the deal, and he explained that though the standalone Spider-Man reboot will be "very much a Sony Pictures movie", Marvel will still handle the creative decisions.
"We’re working very much [together]. It is a— I don’t know exactly what the credits will be, but it is a Sony Pictures production of a Marvel Studios film. The agreement was that it is very much a Sony Pictures movie. Amy Pascal is co-producing it with us and [Sony Chairman] Tom Rothman is leading the charge for Sony and that we are the creative producers. We are the ones hiring the actor, introducing him in this film, and then working right now on the script and soon to be shooting the actual Spidey film."
Mouse over video for audio

This is great news for anyone worried about the possibility of the old guard (*cough* Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach) getting any creative input on the reboot.

Feige also stated once again that the origin story won't be revisited - though that doesn't mean certain aspects of the events that shaped Peter Parker's journey towards becoming Spidey won't be touched upon.
"There are events that made Peter who he was, and we’ll certainly allude to those events, but we’re much more focused on his future and how he continues to grow and have a steep learning curve after, certainly, the adventure he had in Civil War on how to be his own hero.”
The still untitled Spider-Man reboot will star Tom Holland, Marisa Tomei and Zendaya, and is set to hit theatres on July 7, 2017.

Unread 2016-04-12, 05:26 PM   #115
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

'The Vulture' Rumored To Be Villain In SPIDER-MAN Reboot; Final Title Possibly Revealed

According to a new report, The Vulture will be making his presence felt in Marvel's Spider-Man reboot, but he may not be alone! Hit the jump for details on that and the movie's possible title.

According to Birth.Movies.Death, they've heard that the upcoming Spider-Man reboot is indeed titled Spider-Man: Homecoming (which makes sense all things considered) and that we may even get to see the treatment for that a little later today during Sony's CinemCon presentation.

Time will tell on that front, but the site adds that The Vulture is going to be a villain in the movie. They're not sure what kind of role he'll end up having, but do mention that they've previously heard that Adrian Toomes won't be the main big bad. The Spider-Man movies have struggled with utilising more than one villain in the past, so he'll hopefully make little more than a cameo appearance if this report is accurate and he's not the wall-crawler's main foe.

Sam Raimi actually planned on using The Vulture in Spider-Man 4, and John Malkovich was being eyed for the role at the time, so it will be interesting to see if Marvel and Sony go back down that route or cast someone entirely different. Either way, the dynamic of a young Peter Parker squaring off with an octogenarian villain will certainly be quite a bit different to what we've seen before.

Unread 2016-04-13, 08:50 AM   #116
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

The purchase of multiple website domains had tipped us off last week regarding what the title might be for the upcoming Spider-Man reboot, but Sony Pictures officially announced Spider-Man Homecoming tonight during its big presentation at CinemaCon in Las Vegas!

In addition to the official title card for the 2017 standalone movie which you can see above, the presentation also had star Tom Holland make a brief appearance just hours after attending the red carpet premiere of Captain America: Civil War, in which he will debut. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sony presented a clip from that upcoming Marvel Studios threequel which had Tony Stark meeting Peter Parker at his Aunt May’s house.

As you might have guessed, “Homecoming” refers both to Peter Parker being in high school as well as the fact that he is now established in the Marvel Cinematic Universe where he belongs. The studio didn't address whether or not Spider-Man: Homecoming will be an adaptation of the comic book story of the same name, but what you do you think?

Starring Tom Holland (Peter Parker), Zendaya (Michelle?), and Marisa Tomei (Aunt May), Spider-Man: Homecoming will be directed by Jon Watts, and will open on July 7, 2017.

Unread 2016-04-13, 09:01 AM   #117
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

What Kevin Feige and Sony Wanted to Establish About the New Spider-Man

Last summer, it was announced Tom Holland had secured the role of Spider-Man. At the time, we already knew the character would appear in Captain America: Civil War, a role that was highlighted in the last trailer for the film. While it would’ve been more fun to experience the character on the big screen for the first time, it was an understandable decision on Marvel and Disney’s part to promote Spidey’s involvement.

Fans of Spider-Man will most likely be pleased with his role in Civil War, which shows the character at his youngest and nerdiest. Below, Marvel’s Kevin Feige discusses the new Spider-Man, the experience of casting Tom Holland, and collaborating with Sony.

The director of the upcoming Spider-Man reboot, Jon Watts (Cop Car), said the new take on the character was inspired by Brian Michael Bendis‘ “Ultimate Spider-Man.” Watts, Sony, and Marvel wanted this version of the webslinger to be an actual kid, which is why didn’t cast a 25-year-old as a high schooler.

Speaking with Kevin Feige at the Captain America: Civil War junket, he told us why it was important to show Spider-Man as a kid:
We wanted to show a much younger Spidey, in contrast to our other heroes, a Spidey who — as was he was in the early ’60s, when he was first created in the Marvel bullpen — was totally different from the Marvel heroes. The other heroes don’t have to worry about homework. They don’t have to worry about being home at a certain time. That’s what makes Spider-Man Spider-Man. We also wanted to let audiences know he’s already Spider-Man; he’s been Spider-Man for a little while when we meet him. There wasn’t the expectation we’d tell an origin. I think everybody in the world already knows.
Watts confirmed his film, Spider-Man: Homecoming, won’t retell Peter Parker’s origin story. By this point, people get it. He’s a kid that got bit by a spider. Audiences don’t need another origin story or “untold” story.
Last summer, The Hollywood Reporter ran a piece breaking down the hunt for the new Spider-Man. The article made mention of the fact both Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. read with potential candidates for the role, an experience Feige recounted and elaborated on at the press conference for Captain America: Civil War.
I called Robert relatively early saying, ‘I think there might be a chance we’re going to get Spider-Man in this movie.’ His reaction was just like a fanboy. He was unbelievably excited for what that could mean to this movie. Two weeks after that, we pulled it down to about five finalists. I asked him, ‘If we bring them to Atlanta, do you mind reading with all five?’ And he did. We pulled it down a little bit more. That’s how Tom came to the top. Then Tom and one other person came back and did more of a stunt test. Chris was very gracious to read opposite of him. It was fun to see Robert was invested, and to see Tom react to Robert, which was not dissimilar to how Peter was reacting to Tony.
Because of scheduling, they can’t always have Marvel’s heavy hitters read with auditioning actors. Since this was for Spider-Man, though, as Feige said, it was a unique case. Considering Holland is going to have to interact with other Marvel characters in the future, it only made sense to have established Marvel actors read with him.
Of course, not all credit goes to Marvel for this new Spider-Man. Their partnership with Sony led to this refreshing, more faithful portrayal of the character. Last year, it was a surprising turn of events when the two came together to revitalize Spider-Man, but it was a wise move on both parties’ part.
Feige credited Disney and Sony for a smooth collaboration so far:
You’re dealing with two very powerful studios that have their own interest. It’s a testament to Amy Pascal, who’s producing the film with us, and Tom Rothman, who runs Sony, and to all the people that run Disney. They realized the best thing for the character was to do this. It was great. The standalone Spider-Man is Sony Pictures’ film, but they’ve engaged us in producing it. So far, so good.

Unread 2016-04-13, 05:29 PM   #118
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Former BATMAN Michael Keaton In Early Talks To Play The Villain In SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Boom. Nearly twenty-five years after hanging up the cape and cowl, Michael Keaton may be getting ready to step back into the superhero genre, except this time, he could be playing for Marvel.

Marvel Studios & Sony Pictures officially unveiled Spider-Man: Homecoming as the official title of their next Spider-Man film late last night at CinemaCon and sixteen hours later, we have some potentially major casting news.

According to Variety, Academy Award-nominee Michael Keaton (Spotlight), remembered by many as The Dark Knight in the two Tim Burton-directed Batman films, is currently in very early negotiations to play the villain in the upcoming Spidey reboot. Details on the role in question were not provided, but if a recent rumor is to be believed, he could be in talks to play Adrian Toomes a.k.a. The Vulture. However, there have also been rumors suggesting the film could utilize multiple villains, so he could possibly turn out to be the Marvel Cinematic Universe's version of Norman Osborn, Mysterio, Scorpion, or even J. Jonah Jameson. Nothing is confirmed just yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

If Keaton signs on, he'd join a cast headlined by Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and one that also features his former The Paper co-star Marisa Tomei as Aunt May and up-and-comer Zendaya as a mysterious character named Michelle. Jon Watts (Cop Car) is directing with a script from Vacation scribes John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein. Principal photography is expected to start this summer.

Unread 2016-04-15, 08:44 PM   #119
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Laura Harrier And Tony Revolori In Talks To Join Diverse Cast Of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Peter Parker may be white, but Marvel Studios and Sony are making a real effort to accurately represent current day New York! Hit the jump for details on that AND news on the movie's second supporting villain...

The cast of Spider-Man: Homecoming continues to grow, and Peter Parker now has two more classmates. First up is relative unknown Laura Harrier. Best known for starring in One Life to Live, The Wrap doesn't have any details on who the actress is playing, and there obviously any number of possibilities so we can't really hazard any guesses here! How about Mary Jane Watson?!

However, Tony Revolori's role may be a tad easier to figure out. The Grand Budapest Hotel and Dope star isn't going to be a villain, but Deadline states that he WILL be Peter Parker's high school nemesis. That sounds an awful lot like Flash Thompson, don't you think? However, The Wrap's Jeff Sneider mentions that he's playing Peter's friend Manuel, while also revealing that Marvel are looking to cast a second supporting villain who will be played by a non-white actor.

These two join a cast which so far includes Tom Holland, Marisa Tomei, Zendaya, and Michael Keaton. Directed by Jon Watts from a script by John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, Spider-Man: Homecoming is set to be released next July. How do you think the cast is shaping up so far?

Unread 2016-04-21, 04:03 PM   #120
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Robert Downey Jr. Joins The Cast Of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING As 'Tony Stark'/'Iron Man'

We were expecting this, but it has now been confirmed that Captain America: Civil War star Robert Downey Jr. has signed up to star in Spider-Man: Homecoming next year. Hit the jump for details...

Mouse over video for audio

The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that Robert Downey Jr. wil reunite with Tom Holland in Spider-Man: Homecoming, returning to the role of Tony Stark just over a year after we'll see him as Iron Man in Captain America: Civil War. The actor has reportedly closed a deal to star in Marvel and Sony's reboot, and while no details about what he'll be getting up to have been revealed at this stage, it wouldn't be surprising to see him take on a fairly sizeable role as you just know that the latter studio will want him to have a presence in the trailers and posters! Will he be joined by any other Avengers?

That remains to be seen! Regardless, Downey Jr. has joined a cast which also includes Maria Tomei, Zendaya, Tony Revolori, Laura Harrier, and possibly Michael Keaton. The trade adds that while the actor's last negotiation added him to Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2, his contract was once again renogiatated for Spider-Man: Homecoming. Do you want a Spider-Man/Iron Man team-up?

UPDATE: Deadline now says that Michael Keaton has dropped out of talks to star in the movie.

Unread 2016-04-27, 09:11 AM   #121
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Feige Confirms That Marvel Studios Has Complete Creative Control Over SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Kevin Feige talks here about Marvel's role in Spider-Man: Homecoming, a scene in Captain America: Civil War between Peter Parker and Tony Stark, and when we'll see Nick Fury return during Phase 3...

The spectacular news that Marvel and Sony had reached a deal over Spider-Man was somewhat soured by the mention of the latter retaining creative control. However, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has now confirmed that it's his team who are fully in charge of 2017 reboot Spider-Man: Homecoming. "Well, I’ve known all those people for a very long time," he tells HeyUGuys of Marvel's relationship with Sony. "Amy Pascal, Tom Rothman, who runs Sony now, I’ve known for years. So, it’s been great. They really are supportive in allowing us to make the creative decisions to make [Spider-Man: Homecoming], but they’ve been great partners. So far so good on that movie." You can hear more from Feige about Peter Parker's awesome Captain America: Civil War role in he player below.

Another interesting titbit in the video is what the Marvel boss had to say about when we'll next see Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury, and it definitely sounds like we won't have to wait until Avengers: Infinity War for the former S.H.I.E.L.D. director to return. "You’ll see him not in [Thor: Ragnarok], but an upcoming movie." Which Phase 3 movie do you guys think will be the one to feature Fury?

Unread 2016-04-27, 09:24 AM   #122
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 261
Likes (Given): 2195
Likes (Received): 1605
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

Strange
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-04-27, 09:35 AM   #123
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach have messed the character up enough I think this is a smart move from Marvel

Unread 2016-04-27, 09:37 AM   #124
ItalionStallion888
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 184
Thanks (Received): 261
Likes (Given): 2195
Likes (Received): 1605
Dislikes (Given): 68
Dislikes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach have messed the character up enough I think this is a smart move from Marvel
Now if they could only do the same with F4
ItalionStallion888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-04-27, 09:41 AM   #125
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I blame Tim Rothman (former/fired Fox head) he gteenlit and hand-picked Trank (as well as other failed projects at FOX)

Tags
civil war, icemangsr too slow, marvel cinematic universe, spiderman, tom holland