Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Computers, Teh Interweb, Gaming, Electronics

Unread 2011-01-14, 04:46 PM   #1
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Default Another Blackberry attempt

BlackBerry Storm 3 shows up again, tracking for September launch?

RIM's mythical BlackBerry Storm 3 is one of those products that shows up every few months with just enough new information to have you believing that it's real and it's eventually coming before slithering back into the night, going totally radio-silent for another month or two. We've no doubt that the phone is real at this point, but considering the lukewarm reception the Storm 2 got, we're surprised RIM hasn't pushed harder to get the updated device to market -- only thing we can figure is that the carrier partners keep sending it back for tweaks. Speaking of tweaks, BGR says that we can expect a phone with a 1.2GHz processor (same as the alleged Torch 2) along with a 3.7-inch WVGA display, 5 megapixel camera, dual-band WiFi with UMA support, mobile hotspot capability, and BlackBerry OS 6.1. Word has it there will be at least two versions released around the globe -- codenamed Monaca and Monza -- and it's on track for a September release. That's all well and good, though these specs aren't going to blow anyone away as we approach Q4 '11.

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-14, 05:08 PM   #2
KCzx2MO

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 108
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 567
Likes (Received): 108
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 6

Nokia Brick phone > Crackberry
KCzx2MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-15, 12:28 AM   #3
ConverseMan

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 45
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 5

We'll see how this one turns out. I'm a Blackberry/Crackberry fanboy and personally can't wait for the new Curve to come out. I really don't care that they don't have all the bells and whistles on them, they have killer keyboards and I have never had them fail on me - in the 5 years that I've owned 5 different Blackberry's.

Personally I. Cannot. Wait. For. Playbook!!!! *drools*
ConverseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-15, 12:56 AM   #4
The Lox

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 131
Likes (Given): 181
Likes (Received): 946
Dislikes (Given): 5
Dislikes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConverseMan View Post
We'll see how this one turns out. I'm a Blackberry/Crackberry fanboy and personally can't wait for the new Curve to come out. I really don't care that they don't have all the bells and whistles on them, they have killer keyboards and I have never had them fail on me - in the 5 years that I've owned 5 different Blackberry's.

Personally I. Cannot. Wait. For. Playbook!!!! *drools*
Why have you owned 5 devices in 5 years then?
Unread 2011-01-15, 04:17 AM   #5
Sparticus95

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 38
Likes (Received): 212
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 3

I had a pearl back in the day. It failed on me hard, after it fell out of my pocket in a sleet storm while getting in my car. Wasn't found until hours later, wet and frozen, and smashed from coming back and running over it to park. The MicroSD card survived miraculously though. Been rockin iphones ever since and loving it.

Sparticus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-15, 04:52 AM   #6
YourWorstNightmare

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 105
Likes (Given): 1033
Likes (Received): 639
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 19

Crackberries... either love em or hate em.

Personally, not much of a fan. Have played around with several coworkers various models...

I push like 3 buttons at once.. those keys are too goddamn small
YourWorstNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-01-15, 02:07 PM   #7
Rmac

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 7
Likes (Received): 27
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1

Had a pearl as well.. that thing sucked.

Thank god the evo came out.
Rmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-03-22, 05:15 AM   #8
JustinCredible

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 178
Thanks (Received): 96
Likes (Given): 920
Likes (Received): 340
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 4

Quote:
BlackBerry PlayBook pre-order surfaces

The BlackBerry PlayBook has surfaced on the Future Shop and Best Buy Canada online websites for pre-order early, revealing Canadian pricing for the device. Showcased are the 16, 32, and 64GB models, priced at $499, $599, and $699, respectively. The devices, according to both Future Shop and Best Buy are slated to arrive in their warehouses on April 19th.

UPDATE: The PlayBook is also available in the United States now as well for pre-order, with Best Buy US listing the devices at $499, $599, and $699 USD. RIM have also published a press release:
Quote:
Minneapolis, MN and Waterloo, ON – Customers eagerly awaiting the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet can begin placing their orders today. Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) and Best Buy (NYSE: BBY), a preferred retailer for the BlackBerry PlayBook, today announced the pricing and launch date for the highly anticipated tablet in the U.S. and Canada.

The BlackBerry PlayBook with Wi-Fi will come in three models, featuring 16GB, 32GB or 64GB of storage at $499, $599 and $699 respectively. It is scheduled to be available from all Best Buy stores and Best Buy Mobile stores in the US, as well as Best Buy and Future Shop* stores in Canada, on April 19. Customers in the US and Canada can place their orders beginning today by visiting their local Best Buy, Best Buy Mobile or Future Shop store or by ordering on-line (after 8am ET) at:

U.S. – www.bestbuy.com/playbook
Canada – www.bestbuy.ca/blackberry or www.futureshop.ca/blackberry

“Previews of the BlackBerry PlayBook have generated tremendous excitement and we know that customers are eager to get their hands on one,” said Craig McLennan, Regional Managing Director, North America, Research In Motion. “We share that excitement and we are very pleased to announce that customers can begin placing their orders with Best Buy today.”

“Tablets are becoming a bigger part of our business everyday and the launch of the BlackBerry PlayBook will heighten the level of excitement in this category,” said Scott Anderson, head of merchandising for Best Buy Mobile. “RIM has a tremendous history of producing great mobility products for our customers and we are excited to help launch the BlackBerry PlayBook.”

BlackBerry PlayBook is the world’s first professional-grade tablet. It features an ultra-portable design and delivers industry leading performance, uncompromised web browsing with support for Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1, true multitasking, HD multimedia, advanced security features, out-of-the-box enterprise support and a robust development environment.

BlackBerry PlayBook specifications:

7″ 1024×600 WSVGA capacitive LCD touch screen

Ultra-portable at less than a pound and less than one-half inch thick: 0.9 lbs (425g) and 5.1” x 7.6” x 0.4” (130mm x 194mm x 10mm)

1 GHz dual-core processor

BlackBerry® Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing

MP3, AAC and WMA audio playback

Support for high resolution video playback (H.264, MPEG4, WMV)

1080p HDMI output Dual 1080p HD cameras for video conferencing and video capture (3MP front and 5MP rear)

1 GB RAM memory Up to 64 GB internal storage (16, 32 and 64 GB models)

GPS, Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), 6-Axis Motion Sensor (Gyroscope),

Digital Compass (Magnetometer)

Stereo speakers and stereo microphones

Wi-Fi® (802.11 a/b/g/n) connectivity

Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support

For more information about the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, please visit www.blackberry.com/playbook.
http://www.geeksmack.net/mobile/blac...aces-in-canada
JustinCredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-03-22, 05:38 AM   #9
Kyle H

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 45
Thanks (Received): 68
Likes (Given): 279
Likes (Received): 546
Dislikes (Received): 21

I've currently got a BB Storm, it was my first RIM and I've got to say...never.again. I'm on my sixth one, all of which replaced by warranty except one. Biggest pos I've ever had.
Kyle H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-03-22, 09:54 AM   #10
einstein3

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 12
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 1

I had a Curve for almost two years then had the Tour for 14 months. They were durable phones with good reception and the battery life was great. I finally went and got myself an HTC Droid Incredible after Squeaky192 convinced me to and I will probably stick with Droid from now on.
einstein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-03-22, 10:00 AM   #11
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 257
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1934
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

I had a Tour for a year. The thing was a trooper. Survived going into the toilet and dog water dish powered on and kept on going. I had no complaints when I was on it.

Then I switched to a Droid X andwould never go back.

BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-03-22, 03:38 PM   #12
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BlackBerry PlayBook: Why BlackBerry owners will love this tablet

BlackBerry PlayBook goes on sale next month, a year after the original iPad. So, is the BlackBerry tablet worth the wait?

Research In Motion announced today that its BlackBerry PlayBook will launch April 19. The 7-inch tablet computer will cost between $499 and $699 – same as the iPad 2, even if Apple's tablet has about twice the screen size. Below are some questions and answers about the BlackBerry tablet.
Skip to next paragraph Related Stories

Do I need a BlackBerry to make the most of PlayBook?
In a word, yes. The first version will not have its own cellular connection, instead relying on WiFi to access the Internet for itself.
Using a secure Bluetooth connection, the PlayBook will ''bridge'' with a BlackBerry to access corporate or consumer email, address book, calendar and other features including BlackBerry Messenger.
When the link is broken, all that data is instantly wiped.
The company has set up this relationship deliberately to pitch PlayBook to corporations and other security-conscious enterprises that will not need to verify the PlayBook's credentials; it will effectively not exist on their radar.
It can also pair with any smartphone able to act as a mobile hotspot; this point has not been heavily advertised.
A software upgrade some time after the launch will add native email, calendar and address book apps for users who do not also own a BlackBerry.
ALSO SEE: 10 most intriguing tablets of 2011
Will it get its own cellular connection later?
Yes. The company will release radio-enabled versions later this year for use on high-speed WiMax, LTE and HSPA+ networks, and these devices will be able to connect directly to RIM's enterprise servers if so desired by the hosting company. The first named carrier is Sprint in the United States.
Worth buying a PlayBook if I do not own a BlackBerry?
Difficult to say. The PlayBook's tech specs are certainly impressive (see below), though some have been matched by other devices in the market since its September unveiling. Price will be a bigger issue for non-BlackBerry types.
The company has not said as much, but packaged PlayBook-plus-BlackBerry sales will likely be a major plank of the sales pitch for carriers, who stand to gain little from selling a tablet without a data plan.
What are the technical specifications? Why should I care?
The PlayBook is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core processor from Texas Instruments (if you really must know, it's their OMAP 4430) and has 1 GB RAM system memory.
It has a 7-inch touchscreen, comes with either 16, 32 or 64 GB of storage, and weighs in at 425g, or just under a pound.
Its two high-def video cameras should make video conferencing and recording momentous occasions a breeze. For stills its got 3 megapixels up front and 5 megapixel out back.
It runs an all-new BlackBerry Tablet OS, powered by the QNX Neutrino kernel, and multitasks with ease. Numerous demos have shown it playing HD video, running a Quake demo and two or three others applications without a hitch. Why you would want to do all those things at the same time is another matter.
One reason could be to play a video or presentation on a bigger screen via HDMI cable while doing other tasks on the device.
Oh, and it supports Adobe's Flash, which is prevalent on today's Web, as well as HTML5, which will one day replace it. The iPad does not support Flash, Android tablets do.
In fact, with support for WebKit and HTML5 coding as well as Adobe AIR, web developers should have little trouble making very attractive applications to run on it.
Native applications will be written in C/C++ and it also supports Java, meaning apps designed for BlackBerry smartphones can be ported.
Anything else I should know?
The borders of the screen, known as the bezel, are also touch-sensitive. Swipe up from the bottom to minimize what you're doing, down to access in-app options, and from left or right to toggle between applications. A gesture from the bottom left corner brings up the virtual keyboard.
It comes with a full suite of editable word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software.

Last edited by JDLM; 2011-03-22 at 03:41 PM..
Unread 2011-03-22, 09:02 PM   #13
Orions96cobra

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 115
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 201
Likes (Received): 191
Dislikes (Given): 94
Dislikes (Received): 11

I have 6 BES's in my life and I hate them with a passion. For fucks sakes offer ActiveSync instead of shitty as BIS.
Unread 2011-03-22, 09:08 PM   #14
88STANGGT

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 74
Likes (Given): 191
Likes (Received): 547
Dislikes (Received): 22

I like my LG prime GoPhone more than my BB Curve 8900. It's nice not having to plug it in every night.
Unread 2011-03-22, 09:32 PM   #15
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

If I had to choose between the Evo and the Curve I would murder you with the Curve. I hate that POS and its OS.
Unread 2011-03-22, 09:53 PM   #16
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 702
Likes (Received): 450
Dislikes (Given): 7

BES is a complete crock of shit....I cant stand trying to manage one and the stupid ass costs that come with licensing.

once BBM is on ios and android.......they might as well merge with someone
kellyrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-03-22, 10:02 PM   #17
Timothy Leary
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 240
Likes (Given): 177
Likes (Received): 1366
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 24

Thank god Ifags and fandroids can come together to hate on blackberries.

2017 Toyota 860 86
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes ItalionStallion888 liked this post
Timothy Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-03-22, 10:33 PM   #18
BluBeaSSt

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Likes (Given): 612
Likes (Received): 651
Dislikes (Given): 33
Dislikes (Received): 29

I loved my curves....then I got a EVO
BluBeaSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-03-24, 04:43 PM   #19
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

RIM opens up BlackBerry PlayBook to support Android apps

The news we reported exclusively many months ago has just been officially confirmed by RIM — the company will indeed support Google Android apps on its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and on new QNX-based BlackBerry smartphones moving forward. RIM is also offering a suite of tools for Android developers that will allow them to easily port their existing apps to the PlayBook for distribution through BlackBerry App World. RIM’s full press release is after the jump.
RIM Expands Application Ecosystem for BlackBerry PlayBook
· BlackBerry PlayBook to support BlackBerry Java and Android apps
· Native C/C++ development support added, in addition to HTML5, Flash and AIR support
· Support from leading game engines: Ideaworks Labs (AirPlay) and Unity Technologies (Unity 3)
· BlackBerry PlayBook becomes a new market opportunity for all the developers who have already created over 25,000 BlackBerry Java apps and more than 200,000 Android apps

Waterloo, ON – Developers wanting to bring their new and existing apps to the highly anticipated BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet will soon have additional tools and options to enhance and expand their commercial opportunities. Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced plans to greatly expand the application ecosystem for the BlackBerry PlayBook. The BlackBerry PlayBook is scheduled to launch in the U.S. and Canada on April 19.
RIM will launch two optional “app players” that provide an application run-time environment for BlackBerry Java® apps and Android v2.3 apps. These new app players will allow users to download BlackBerry Java apps and Android apps from BlackBerry App World and run them on their BlackBerry PlayBook.
In addition, RIM will shortly release the native SDK for the BlackBerry PlayBook enabling C/C++ application development on the BlackBerry® Tablet OS. For game-specific developers, RIM is also announcing that it has gained support from two leading game development tooling companies, allowing developers to use the cross-platform game engines from Ideaworks Labs and Unity Technologies to bring their games to the BlackBerry PlayBook.
Support for BlackBerry Java and Android Apps
“The BlackBerry PlayBook is an amazing tablet. The power that we have embedded creates one of the most compelling app experiences available in a mobile computing device today,” said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. “The upcoming addition of BlackBerry Java and Android apps for the BlackBerry PlayBook on BlackBerry App World will provide our users with an even greater choice of apps and will also showcase the versatility of the platform.”
Developers currently building for the BlackBerry or Android platforms will be able to quickly and easily port their apps to run on the BlackBerry Tablet OS thanks to a high degree of API compatibility. The new optional app players will be available for download from BlackBerry App World and will be placed in a secure “sandbox” on the BlackBerry PlayBook where the BlackBerry Java or Android apps can be run.
Developers will simply repackage, code sign and submit their BlackBerry Java and Android apps to BlackBerry App World. Once approved, the apps will be distributed through BlackBerry App World, providing a new opportunity for many developers to reach BlackBerry PlayBook users. Users will be able to download both the app players and the BlackBerry Java and Android apps from BlackBerry App World.
The BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry Tablet OS are built on the QNX® Neutrino® microkernel architecture with a 1GHz dual core processor and a leading OpenGL solution, which allows RIM to make this incredibly broad platform support possible.
BlackBerry PlayBook users and developers who are interested in seeing the new app players for BlackBerry Java and Android apps can see demos at BlackBerry World in Orlando, Florida (May 3 to 5, 2011) (www.blackberryworld.com).
BlackBerry Tablet OS Development Tools

The BlackBerry Tablet OS already supports an incredibly robust platform with support for Web development standard HTML5, through the BlackBerry® WebWorks™ SDK for Tablet OS, and Adobe® AIR®, through the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR. The BlackBerry Tablet OS is built from the ground up to run WebKit and Adobe® Flash® as well, giving developers a fast and true Web experience to leverage.
RIM is also announcing today that the BlackBerry Tablet OS Native Development Kit (NDK), which is currently in limited alpha release, will go into open Beta by this summer and be demonstrated at BlackBerry World. The BlackBerry Tablet OS NDK will allow developers to build high-performance, multi-threaded, native C/C++ applications with industry standard GNU toolchains. Developers can create advanced 2D and 3D applications and special effects by leveraging programmable shaders available in hardware-accelerated OpenGL ES 2.0.
Other features of the BlackBerry Tablet OS NDK will allow developers to:
  • Take advantage of the QNX POSIX library support and C/C++ compliance for quick and easy application porting and for creating native extensions for both BlackBerry and Android applications
  • Easily integrate device events like gesture swipes and touch screen inputs
  • Integrate the BlackBerry Tablet OS environment into existing code management and build systems using industry standard Eclipse CDT (C/C++ Development Tools)
  • Leverage work done in standard C/C++ to make it easier to bring applications to the BlackBerry Tablet OS
  • Find and fix bugs quickly with provided debug and analysis tools
“The response to the BlackBerry PlayBook from the developer community has been exceptional. Our commitment to supporting HTML5 and Adobe AIR development has resonated and spurred developers to create fun and innovative applications for BlackBerry PlayBook users,” said David Yach, Chief Technology Officer, Software at Research In Motion. “The upcoming BlackBerry Tablet OS NDK beta will add C/C++ tools to our repertoire and gives developers one of the broadest and deepest platforms to develop on.”
Gaming Engines
Building on the power of the BlackBerry Tablet OS NDK, RIM is working with leading gaming and application development technology providers such as Ideaworks Labs and Unity Technologies to implement their native engines and application development platforms. Developers will be able to take advantage of these engines when building games and other applications for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
The Ideaworks Labs Airplay SDK is expected to include support for the BlackBerry Tablet OS soon, making it easy for publishers and developers to use their existing code to bring their games and apps to the BlackBerry PlayBook.
“Supporting a new OS can be a challenge for developers,” says Alex Caccia, President of Ideaworks Labs, “however, integration of the BlackBerry Tablet OS with the Airplay SDK makes this a non-issue. We think this is a far-sighted move by RIM: the BlackBerry PlayBook is a great device for games and applications, and combining this with content distribution via BlackBerry App World brings an exciting new ecosystem for developers.”
RIM has also been working closely with Unity Technologies, providers of the highly popular, multi-platform Unity development platform and Union, the firm’s games distribution service. Through Union, dozens of high-quality Unity-authored games are slated to make their way to BlackBerry App World for the BlackBerry Playbook.
“With a sharp focus on the multimedia experience, very powerful hardware, and fantastic games in the pipeline, the BlackBerry Playbook has all the right ingredients to be a mainstream hit,” said Brett Seyler, GM of Union at Unity Technologies. “Through Union, Unity developers have an opportunity to reach a new audience and grow with another great new platform.”
Availability
The new app players for the BlackBerry PlayBook are expected to be available from BlackBerry App World this summer. More information and demonstrations of the new app players will be shared at BlackBerry World. The BlackBerry Tablet OS NDK will be available in beta later this year and will also be showcased at BlackBerry World.

Unread 2011-03-24, 11:41 PM   #20
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

Yep, time for RIM to sell imo...
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-03-25, 08:32 AM   #21
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Of course they are making it so they can run Android apps, nobody is developing for their market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
Yep, time for RIM to sell imo...
They need to be "palmed" for their database and customers. Then someone can do a phone that doesnt lag like shit. I dont really see how anyone can say anything good about BB other than its free. The only thing I can say good about it is battery life but that is because it has the processing power of a casio watch. I could live with the rudimentary OS if it at least ran well but when it still runs like shit they should be embarrassed.
Unread 2011-04-07, 03:09 PM   #22
JDLM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

BlackBerry Bold Touch prototype photographed, leaves a good impression

Are video tutorials and leaked presentations still not enough to convince you of the BlackBerry Bold Touch's existence? Well, if not, you can thank BGR for getting its real live hands on an honest-to-goodness prototype, which it says looks even better than the renders. The site also reports that the touchscreen is plenty responsive, which could help induce users to move their thumbs from the optical trackpad for navigation. It also reiterates a BlackBerry World launch, so if things stay on track we'll be getting our own hands on one in just about one month's time -- we know you can't wait.

Unread 2011-04-07, 03:44 PM   #23
kellyrx8
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Likes (Given): 702
Likes (Received): 450
Dislikes (Given): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
BlackBerry Bold Touch prototype photographed, leaves a good impression

Are video tutorials and leaked presentations still not enough to convince you of the BlackBerry Bold Touch's existence? Well, if not, you can thank BGR for getting its real live hands on an honest-to-goodness prototype, which it says looks even better than the renders. The site also reports that the touchscreen is plenty responsive, which could help induce users to move their thumbs from the optical trackpad for navigation. It also reiterates a BlackBerry World launch, so if things stay on track we'll be getting our own hands on one in just about one month's time -- we know you can't wait.
no fucking way!!!!! a BB that looks exactly like the previous BB's
kellyrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-04-07, 04:21 PM   #24
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrx8 View Post
no fucking way!!!!! a BB that looks exactly like the previous BB's
Honestly though that shouldn't be a point when considering a phone. I care little about how a phone looks, I care how it works. It should also be comfortable in the hand but it can look like Heather Locklear and Id still hate this curve. God its such a piece of shit . Its a hair better though now that we ditched BES/Lotus and went to google syncing.
Unread 2011-04-07, 08:00 PM   #25
BluBeaSSt

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Likes (Given): 612
Likes (Received): 651
Dislikes (Given): 33
Dislikes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Honestly though that shouldn't be a point when considering a phone. I care little about how a phone looks, I care how it works. It should also be comfortable in the hand but it can look like Heather Locklear and Id still hate this curve. God its such a piece of shit . Its a hair better though now that we ditched BES/Lotus and went to google syncing.
I loved my old Curve and Curve II
BluBeaSSt is offline   Reply With Quote