Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Politics, Religion, Current Events

Unread 2010-12-21, 06:21 PM   #1
snm95ls

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 396
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3567
Likes (Received): 2056
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56
Default Goodbye Net Neutrality.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/timoth..._b_799435.html

Quote:
Late Monday, a majority of the FCC's commissioners indicated that they're going to vote with Chairman Julius Genachowski for a toothless Net Neutrality rule.
According to all reports, the rule, which will be voted on during tomorrow's FCC meeting, falls drastically short of earlier pledges by President Obama and the FCC Chairman to protect the free and open Internet.
The rule is so riddled with loopholes that it's become clear that this FCC chairman crafted it with the sole purpose of winning the endorsement of AT&T and cable lobbyists, and not defending the interests of the tens of millions of Internet users.
Welcome to AT&T's Internet
For the first time in history of telecommunications law the FCC has given its stamp of approval to online discrimination.
Instead of a rule to protect Internet users' freedom to choose, the Commission has opened the door for broadband payola - letting phone and cable companies charge steep tolls to favor the content and services of a select group of corporate partners, relegating everyone else to the cyber-equivalent of a winding dirt road.
Instead of protecting openness on wireless Internet devices like the iPhone and Droid, the Commission has exempted the mobile Internet from Net Neutrality protections. This move enshrines Verizon and AT&T as gatekeepers to the expanding world of mobile Internet access, allowing them to favor their own applications while blocking, degrading or de-prioritizing others.
Instead of re-establishing the FCC's authority to act as a consumer watchdog over the Internet, it places the agency's authority on a shaky and indefensible legal footing -- giving ultimate control over the Internet to a small handful of carriers.
Obama's 'Mission Accomplished'
Internet users deserve far better, and we thought we were going to get it from a president who promised to "take a backseat to no one in my commitment to Net Neutrality." Watch now as he and his FCC chairman try to spin tomorrow's betrayal as another "mission accomplished."
Don't believe it. This bogus victory has become all too familiar to those watching the Obama administration and its appointees squander opportunities for real change. The reality is that reform is just a rhetorical front for industry compromises that reward the biggest players and K-Street lobbyists while giving the public nothing.
It's not the FCC chairman's job to seek consensus among the corporations that he was put into office to regulate. His duty is to protect Internet users.
More than two million people have taken action on behalf of Net Neutrality. Tomorrow, we'll all get the carpet yanked from beneath our feet.
Net Neutrality is the freedom of speech, freedom of choice issue of the 21st century. It's the guarantee of a more open and democratic media system that was baked into the Internet at its founding.
On Tuesday, Obama's FCC is going to sell that out.
Looks like profit wins again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
snm95ls is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-21, 06:24 PM   #2
JDLM
Searching Forums

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.kcsr.org/showthread.php?t=82658

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-21, 06:27 PM   #3
snm95ls

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 396
Thanks (Received): 349
Likes (Given): 3567
Likes (Received): 2056
Dislikes (Given): 64
Dislikes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
I only browsed the section that seemed the most appropriate to me.

Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
...Because I live on a balanced diet, I have a balanced mind, and as a result I know that animals are like people. Some are for looking at. Some are for loving. Some are for riding. And some need to be shot because they’re a bloody nuisance.
snm95ls is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-21, 06:30 PM   #4
ssaarraa
Motions of Love

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 14
Likes (Given): 58
Likes (Received): 41
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post

Oh well.
How Dare you make a repost. I should neg you for doing such a thing...

ssaarraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-21, 06:33 PM   #5
JDLM
Searching Forums

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post

Oh well.
No worries, I think it is a fucked up deal

I do like the fact they left the cell market alone (thanks to Android being an open source project)

AW|E90|ZSP|ZPP|2XA|NAV|HID| ///M | BMS |JB4 | VRSF

JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-21, 08:24 PM   #6
Timothy Leary
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 240
Likes (Given): 177
Likes (Received): 1366
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
No worries, I think it is a fucked up deal

I do like the fact they left the cell market alone (thanks to Android being an open source project)
See my understanding is they left them alone so verizon and ATT can make the rules and choose how you browse the web on your mobile phone.

Google and Verzon are the asshole here, remember that bitching they did a few months back to the government?

Look who decided to get all buddy buddy with them leaving holes in the bill so they can do as they please. The FCC chairman asshole.

Im anxious to see whats IN the bill whenever the lazy assholes get around to putting it online.

If anything Google betrayed the people... Remember all the heat google was getting a few months back from fanboys over this issue.

2017 Toyota 860 86
Timothy Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-22, 02:49 PM   #7
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 213
Thanks (Received): 252
Likes (Given): 2516
Likes (Received): 1691
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 47

From the understanding I have from reading a few articles about this, I am very disappoint.
Keboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2010-12-23, 12:58 PM   #8
Timothy Leary
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 240
Likes (Given): 177
Likes (Received): 1366
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 24

http://www.theopeninter.net/