Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Computers, Teh Interweb, Gaming, Electronics

Unread 2014-05-02, 06:57 PM   #551
SiCO

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 51
Likes (Given): 86
Likes (Received): 207
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 11

I wish this would be introduced to Denver. it would flourish here.

Is overland park just fucked for getting it then?
SiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-05-02, 08:13 PM   #552
AeroSquid

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 58
Likes (Received): 18
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 1

i got a mid june/early july estimate on it hitting my house in south kc. very ready...
Unread 2014-05-05, 01:30 PM   #553
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCO View Post
I wish this would be introduced to Denver. it would flourish here.

Is overland park just fucked for getting it then?
OP is fucked (at the moment) it could change

Google Fiber starting network installation in Westwood, Westwood Hills and Mission Woods

Google Fiber will this month begin the first work to bring its high-speed internet and cable service to northeast Johnson County.
The city of Westwood today sent a message to residents letting them know that Google crews will begin work on the construction of new fiber optic lines in Westwood, Westwood Hills and Mission Woods, which were the first northeast Johnson County cities to sign an agreement with Fiber back in 2012.
The message notes that Fiber has not released a date for the opening of sign up for service in the area.
Here’s the full message from Westwood city hall:
Google Fiber is finally coming! Starting in early May, contractors for Google Fiber will begin working in the area to extend a new fiber optic network into the cities of Westwood, Westwood Hills, and Mission Woods. The initial work is only to extend the base Google Fiber network infrastructure into the communities. It does not initiate service to individual residents at this time. Information on how to sign up for Google Fiber services and when they will be available for Westwood residents will be announced at a later date.
The utility work will include installing cables and equipment on existing utility poles and the installation of underground fiber cable and equipment. Several wooden power poles in the area will need to be replaced. If you have utility poles or underground equipment on your property, Google Fiber may need to access them. This should not disrupt any of the other utility services, and a Google announcement in the form of a door hanger will be placed on homes near the work areas prior to the utility work taking place.
If you have any questions or concerns about the construction in your area, please call the Google Fiber Construction Phone Line at (877) 454-6959 from Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. City staff will also be referencing all callers to this Google Fiber Construction service number.

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-05-05, 01:54 PM   #554
beaterKU

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 122
Thanks (Received): 19
Likes (Given): 16
Likes (Received): 96
Dislikes (Given): 1

There is so much conflicting information floating around. This article says Westwood, Westwood Hills and Mission Woods will be the first cities with fiber, but Google has been out in front of my office for a month installing fiber in Shawnee. Not too long ago there was an article stating Shawnee would be first. Then there was an article saying Olathe would be first... We believe that we will find out when they knock on our door and let us know we are ready to sign up.
beaterKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-05-16, 02:37 PM   #555
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Google Fiber to sell in all but one neighborhood in Kansas City’s west Northland

Residents in all but one neighborhood in the western part of the Kansas City’s Northland rounded up enough customers to qualify to buy Internet and TV hook-ups from Google Fiber.

Keith Myers | The Kansas City Star Installers for Google Fiber Buy Photo

The company will sell its video and super-speed Internet connections to the neighborhoods where the number of interested customers reached the thresholds predetermined by Google. The company hopes to keep down costs by building only where demand is strongest.
It’s so-called sign-up rallies also work to recruit its most eager customers to coax their neighbors to buy from Google as well.
The lone neighborhood — Google calls them “fiberhoods” — to fall short is north of Barry Road, east of Interstate 29, west of North Hull Drive and south of Missouri 152. The bulk of the area is occupied by a car dealership, strip malls and apartment complexes. Because Google requires attachments to every unit in an apartment building, or none at all, it’s often had trouble making deals with landlords.
Still, the round of sign-ups that ended at midnight Thursday was the first time Google has had just one neighborhood fall short.
“Time and familiarity have made a difference,” a Google spokeswoman said in an email. “Back in 2012, a lot of people hadn’t heard about Google Fiber yet.”
Residents in the eastern part of the Northland, including Gladstone, have until June 19 to make a pledge to buy service from Google.
The company says it will have all those installations complete by the end of the year, but it’s missed other construction deadlines in its roll-out.
Google markets its drive for customers as a now-or-never chance to get the company’s fiber optic lines linked directly to homes, implying that households that pass now might not get another chance.
But the central Kansas City areas, mostly on the East side, that fell short of Google’s sign-up rate two years ago have been given a second chance. They have until June 19 to sign up in high enough numbers to satisfy Google.
The company still has not said when it will schedule rallies or begin work in other suburbs. It still lacks contracts to sell service in Overland Park and Independence.

Unread 2014-05-17, 12:19 AM   #556
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 403
Thanks (Received): 364
Likes (Given): 4993
Likes (Received): 2126
Dislikes (Given): 123
Dislikes (Received): 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
The lone neighborhood — Google calls them “fiberhoods” — to fall short is north of Barry Road, east of Interstate 29, west of North Hull Drive and south of Missouri 152.
lol, that one hits close to home. I did the design work for the fiberhood directly to the east of that one.
Unread 2014-06-06, 10:27 PM   #557
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 403
Thanks (Received): 364
Likes (Given): 4993
Likes (Received): 2126
Dislikes (Given): 123
Dislikes (Received): 174

Anyone get the email and sign-up yet?

Quote:
Google is putting out a call for "a special set of users" interested in testing out the latest Google Fiber features before they're rolled out to all customers. This from the company that's already outpacing its nationwide competition. The preview group even gets its own special name: Fiber Trusted Testers. Google says they'll potentially gain early access to everything from new hardware to fresh software features and any other innovations the company has in the works."Fiber Trusted Testers get the opportunity to be the first to check out all the latest Fiber goodness and let us know what they think and what they’d change," the company says.

Obviously you'll need to be an existing Fiber customer to apply, and an email we've obtained suggests this may be limited to the Kansas City market for now. Google also wants to make sure you're willing to install new hardware in your house and aren't afraid of dealing with some extra bugs in early software. Aside from those portions, the application is your standard fare survey on TV viewing and internet usage habits. If you're lucky enough to be using Fiber, you can fill it out at the source link below. Just don't get your hopes up: Google says not everyone will be accepted into the Fiber Trusted Testers gang.
http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/6/578...t-new-features
Unread 2014-06-08, 07:47 AM   #558
ksuchewie

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 55
Thanks (Received): 109
Likes (Given): 106
Likes (Received): 607
Dislikes (Given): 20
Dislikes (Received): 14

I signed up on friday.
Unread 2014-06-09, 03:39 AM   #559
MymonteSS

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 7
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 120
Dislikes (Given): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUweatherman View Post
Anyone get the email and sign-up yet?

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/6/578...t-new-features
I signed up as well.

We shall see who gets picked. Probably not us, but figured I'd give it a go
Unread 2014-06-09, 07:32 AM   #560
MxYfz2008

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 40
Likes (Received): 82
Dislikes (Received): 5

My fucking install keeps getting delayed..even though i have all the wiring inside my apartment already...fml
Unread 2014-06-09, 09:30 AM   #561
chucknasty

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 1
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default google install

I signed up for Google fiber on November 30, and still no date as to when it will be installed. When I ask online- they say by the end of June.
How long has everyone else waited?
Its not a new neighborhood, my neighbors have it. I just built a new house.

thanks
Unread 2014-06-10, 09:47 AM   #562
6-Bolt2g

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 35
Thanks (Received): 55
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 457
Dislikes (Received): 10

Good god I am dying at work. This is seriously painful

We need fiber.
Unread 2014-06-10, 09:49 AM   #563
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

We are getting ready to go to Windstream for work (fwiw Google did put out an application for more businesses to get a fiber connection) you had to apply for it

Unread 2014-06-10, 09:59 AM   #564
6-Bolt2g

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 35
Thanks (Received): 55
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 457
Dislikes (Received): 10

Quote:
We are getting ready to go to Windstream for work (fwiw Google did put out an application for more businesses to get a fiber connection) you had to apply for it
I'm sorry, but I am not happy with Windstream and neither is half our staff. We could be the small percent with very slow data speeds, spotty network connections and poor customer service.
Unread 2014-06-10, 10:09 AM   #565
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 50
Thanks (Received): 700
Likes (Given): 362
Likes (Received): 4008
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

Does the google fiber store have information packets that would be helpful in getting people to sign up? Wanting to distribute to my neighbors.
Unread 2014-06-10, 10:11 AM   #566
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby24 View Post
Does the google fiber store have information packets that would be helpful in getting people to sign up? Wanting to distribute to my neighbors.

Has your neighborhood got the door hangars placed, when I asked about it once that happens someone from the store will come out to help the process.

Unread 2014-06-12, 11:49 AM   #567
silver5liter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 80
Likes (Received): 147
Dislikes (Given): 18

my neighborhood in Gladstone was the last one to qualify but finally got qualified. Look forward to getting hooked up. I have been told November at the latest.

1991 Mustang GT
silver5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-12, 01:39 PM   #568
FullOutPwr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 3

Been seeing the Google Fiber truck in Belton all week. Wonder if they are just messing with us all here in Cass County..
FullOutPwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-17, 10:52 PM   #569
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Google Fiber customers could get new TV boxes soon

Even as Google is planing to bring its Fiber internet and TV service to more areas, it's working on making it better. Dave Zatz points out an FCC listing for what looks like a second generation version of the Fiber TV set-top box. We're still not sure what exactly is inside but the listing mentions 802.11 ac/n WiFi, 10/100 Ethernet, MoCA, Bluetooth and HDMI 1.4 connections. He also links to source code revealing a new Bluetooth LE-connected remote, the GFRM200. Google Fiber TV has added many new features and even a few services since it launched, and it will be interesting to see what else the Sage TV team can bring to the product this time around. Brent Evans of Geektonic mentions a recent update that added channel filtering to the guide, and HDMI-CEC control from the mobile apps popped up back in May.
[Image credit: Julie Denesha/Bloomberg via Getty Images]

Unread 2014-06-18, 06:56 PM   #570
ksuchewie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
That's who we have at my work. I just upgraded us to 100/100.
Unread 2014-06-18, 06:57 PM   #571
ksuchewie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-Bolt2g View Post
I'm sorry, but I am not happy with Windstream and neither is half our staff. We could be the small percent with very slow data speeds, spotty network connections and poor customer service.
We have great speeds, reliability, and great customer service.
Where are you located?
Who is your AM? I am in good contact with mine, I'll give him a nudge.
Unread 2014-06-23, 07:52 AM   #572
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Two Google Fiber chances aren’t enough for some neighborhoods

For several Kansas City-area neighborhoods, Google Fiber’s ultra-fast Internet speeds won’t be a reality, even after a second chance to sign on.
The company’s website showed that of 21 neighborhoods given a second shot at qualifying, most fell short by a midnight Thursday deadline. Among those were four in Kansas City, Kan.
In central Kansas City, nine neighborhoods failed to rally enough customers to tempt Google to sell service in those areas. All of those neighborhoods, called “fiberhoods” by the company, are on the East Side.
Google Fiber | Julie Denesha/Bloomberg

At the same time, eight neighborhoods that fell short two years ago will be able to buy Internet and TV hookups from the California tech giant this year.
The latest numbers mean that 95 percent of fiberhoods — including virtually all of the Northland that faced a deadline Thursday — have qualified for service.
“A lot of people in Kansas City want Google Fiber, and we’re going to do everything we can to get it to them by the end of the year,” said company spokeswoman Jenna Wandres.
Although more neighborhoods will be offered the service, Wandres said Google doesn’t have plans to offer additional chances to the areas that didn’t qualify.
The neighborhoods left out of the Google Fiber footprint represent a persistent gap between those who use home Internet and those who don’t. Sometimes the gap is a matter of economics, but sometimes it’s a matter of interest.
Google Fiber put a national spotlight on Kansas City by bringing in cutting-edge technology. But when so many people can’t take advantage, that shows a gaping digital divide, said Michael Liimatta, president and co-founder of Connecting For Good, a group that helps people get online.
“It’s not just the digital divide, it’s a digital black hole, and Google Fiber exposed that,” he said.
Aaron Deacon of KC Digital Drive, a group formed to take advantage of the area’s improving Internet infrastructure, was impressed with how many fiberhoods qualified. Because even some needier areas qualified, he said, factors other than economics might be in play.
Those areas might highlight where more help is needed to show people how computers and the Internet can affect their lives, he said.
Over the past couple of years, Deacon has seen more efforts to show people what they’re missing.
Wandres agreed that not everybody values computer use. She pointed out that during rallies in 2012, almost all of the area’s 20 poorest neighborhoods qualified for Google Fiber.
A 2012 study found that 17 percent of people in Kansas City weren’t online. Among non-users, one-quarter said they didn’t have a computer or that Internet was too expensive. And 41 percent said they didn’t think the Internet was relevant to their lives.
For some people, the obstacles to signing up go beyond what meets the eye, Liimatta said.
He pointed out that renters face a particular obstacle: Landlords are the ones who must sign up, and if they don’t think they’ll get a good return on their investment, they won’t pay to wire their properties.
And in areas where incomes are low, the issue is not just getting the landlord on board. It’s being able to afford the service, how to use a computer — and having Internet access in the first place.
“It’s an awesome opportunity, but there’s huge obstacles to be able to take advantage of it,” Liimatta said.
On Friday, one neighborhood leader saw several challenges in getting fiberhoods qualified in poorer areas.
Part of the Blue Valley neighborhood met the mark, but one fiberhood in the area did not.
“We really scrambled to get the qualified number, and we had a couple people who really worked hard to make it happen,” said Waunita Small, a vice president of the Blue Valley Neighborhood Association.
The neighborhood ran into a few problems in drumming up those numbers because of people who didn’t have computers or were satisfied with the Internet speeds they already had. It’s possible money might have played a role as well.
“This is not the high-economic area,” Small said. “We have a lot of folks who are struggling.”
Areas now without Google Fiber could see an impact, Small said. She wondered if having the ultra-fast Internet service eventually could be a selling point for houses and other properties.
Although a lot of dynamics could affect whether a neighborhood finds enough support, one key factor in success seems to be having people who will advocate on its behalf, said Cindy Circo, at-large city councilwoman for Kansas City’s 5th District.
The Ivanhoe neighborhood, which drummed up enough support to get wired in the first round of rallies, can attest to that.
At the time, the Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council deployed staff members who spent two weeks contacting people to sign up. Other people went door to door. A regular contributor gave $500 to help people who couldn’t make the $10 pledge required in the first round of signups.
“It was quite an effort to get people to sign up,” said Margaret J. May, executive director of the neighborhood council.
Part of that effort was working with people who didn’t have email or Internet access. For others, finding an extra $10 was a struggle.
Other neighborhoods that struggled to meet the threshold might not have the resources Ivanhoe had, May said.
When Google wrapped up its first rallies in 2012, the vast majority of neighborhoods signed up enough customers to qualify. But areas with large numbers of apartments and low-income families proved less likely to qualify.
Google acknowledged some hiccups in its approach to signing up those areas, and gave them a second chance this spring and summer to meet its subscription levels.
This time, residents of those fiberhoods had to sign up for an Internet package from Google.
Customers who pay $300 — payable in 12 monthly $25 payments — can get relatively slow broadband service for at least seven years. Customers can buy Google Fiber connections with upload and download speeds nearing 1 gigabit per second — 50 to 100 times faster than found in most American homes — for $70 a month. Bundled with a basic cable-style TV package, the service sells for $120 a month.

Unread 2014-06-24, 07:37 AM   #573
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Complaints mount as Google Fiber extends its reach in Kansas City

Emails to City Hall, obtained by The Star after a public records request, reflect the frustration some Kansas City homeowners feel about the disruptions created as Google Inc. installs its fiberoptic lines that provide high-speed Internet access and cable TV. City officials give Google high marks for pressuring its contractors to make right when things go wrong.File photo by Keith Myers/The Kansas City Star
Much as the anticipation for a swifter Internet for Kansas City continues to grow, so do complaints about the sometimes inconvenient construction of Google Inc.’s infobahn.
Rutted lawns. Busted gas lines. Unannounced construction workers in the backyard.
Residents have been calling City Hall for help in prodding Google Fiber’s many contractors for fixes since the work began, registering gripes that have grown with the network’s speeding rollout this spring and summer.
City officials give Google high marks for pressuring its contractors to make right when things go wrong.
The California tech titan says that, for a project that’s so far crisscrossed 7,000 miles across the metro area on utility poles and underground lines, it’s fielded relatively few complaints and rarely found one that it couldn’t rectify.
“Unfortunately, from time to time there is disruption,” said Google Fiber spokeswoman Jenna Wandres. “When we hear about issues, we work to fix them as soon as possible.”
Still, the massive Internet build out leaves some residents peeved.
“It seems like they’re just slamming this stuff in there,” said Mac Andrew. He was annoyed by the sometimes after-dark hours kept by crews in his Verona Hills neighborhood near 119th Street and State Line Road, along with the mess workers left out during the work and the time it took to repair a sidewalk.
Andrew was public works director for both Jackson and Johnson counties and was assistant director of water services for Kansas City. Andrew said that from what he’s seen, “it’s just a sloppy operation.”
Emails circulated to and among Kansas City officials, and shared with The Star in response to a public records request, give a snapshot of dissatisfaction.
Homeowners complain of workers crossing their properties without notice — something Google said it tells contractors not to do. Some residents reached out to City Hall after their lawns were damaged, buried sprinklers were busted or water, telephone, cable TV, electrical or gas lines were cut.
“You just wouldn’t believe what a nightmare this has been for me,” said Mary Jo Kaifer, who lives in the Amber Meadows neighborhood in Clay County. “They’re doing a pretty darn crummy job.”
Kaifer said Google contractors hit a gas line while digging under her driveway. The gas line was repaired quickly, but she said her yard and driveway haven’t been repaired to her satisfaction.
The complaints reflect the scale of a massive private infrastructure that can only be wired across the metropolitan sprawl with much digging and tree-trimming. Google is attempting in a few years to build the sort of network that other telecommunications companies pieced together over decades.
Google’s work is distinct because it strings fiberoptic cables — glass wires that can move huge amounts of data through pulses of light — directly into homes and apartments.
Then-Everest Communications — later called SureWest and now known as Consolidated Communications — drew similar complaints in 2002 when it built a smaller network in parts of Kansas City and Johnson County. Everest then, like Google today, drew fire when its construction ruptured gas lines or tore up yards.
“Building a fiberoptic communications network to every neighborhood, past every home, is not a simple undertaking,” said Kevin Anderson, Everest’s CEO at the time. “It does involve trenching and burying cable. It does involve situations where we need to restore people’s yards. There is machinery in the neighborhoods. It will not be without some disruption locally.”
The payoff was competition for the existing cable company.
Likewise, the Google project offers more competition. The new residential service makes Kansas City the largest market in the country with upload and download speeds nearing a gigabit per second. That is 50 to 100 times faster than most American home broadband.
AT&T Inc. has said it is contemplating a similar service in Kansas City, meaning more construction and resulting disruptions. But Google is building its network from scratch. AT&T would only need to extend fiberoptic connections from existing switching stations to homes, suggesting less digging and inconvenience.
Tens of thousands of construction permits have been issued for Google’s work in Kansas City. They give the company and its contractors permission to plant metal boxes on public rights of way — land where utilities and governments have authority to operate on private property — and to slice through lawns, sidewalks, driveways and other places where utility easements exist.
Grading the company’s record of keeping headaches to a minimum is difficult. Industry analysts say there is no easy yardstick to judge by.
Meantime, city officials and other utilities — they share some of the same power poles and underground conduit — give Google high marks for responding to construction complaints.
Rick Usher, Kansas City’s assistant city manager and point man on Google Fiber, said complaints appear to have climbed this summer along with the speed of construction. Google has said it expects to complete installation to all its customers in the city by year’s end. It will move into suburbs after that.
The company has established a complaint hotline, 877-454-6959, and in recent months begun to staff those phones around the clock.
Google’s agreement with Kansas City granting the authority to build the network does not require the company to reveal how many complaints it fields.
“I don’t have a clear picture,” Usher said. “I don’t know if the city is seeing 5 percent (of complaints to Google) or 20 percent.”
LoRee Knoll said it took her a month and a half to get repairs to her lawn and sidewalk in the Village Glen neighborhood in south Kansas City. She has had multiple conversations with a Google representative, a contractor and her City Council representative.
“It wasn’t easy,” she said, and the repaired sidewalk “looks bad.”
Crews working around the Diastole Scholars’ Center on Hospital Hill damaged sprinklers, a stone wall and landscaping. Diane Magers, the academic event center’s business manager, said it took about 90 days to reverse the damage.
Work this spring on Google Fiber in Patrice Harris’ Grandview neighborhood started a series of problems she still is working out with the company and its contractors. Harris said she thinks the construction broke a sewer line leading from her home, triggered backups and is responsible for mold damage. She is pursuing a resolution.
“It’s been terrible,” she said.
Google’s Wandres says quality-control crews monitor its contractors. The company responds immediately to urgent situations, such as broken utility lines. It tries to fix cosmetic damage in a few days, she said.
“Sometimes there is a slight delay because of circumstances that are out of our hands. … Sometimes we don’t get the complaints immediately,” Wandres said. “We keep working to keep fiber construction noise, mess to a minimum.”

Unread 2014-06-24, 09:43 AM   #574
Nick B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 40
Thanks (Received): 177
Likes (Given): 612
Likes (Received): 1257
Dislikes (Received): 79

Ungrateful shit heads, I guarantee if they approached Google reps in a pleasant manner with clear documentation of issues caused by construction they would happily rectify it.

These Luddites seem to forget that progress isn't always perfect. We are in a very small, elite group of cities that offer these kinds of speeds right now, bringing worldwide attention and money, and they have the nerve to complain about it.
Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2014-06-29, 02:05 AM   #575
silver5liter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 80
Likes (Received): 147

Weve had some problems in my neighborhood, water lines hit and drive ways sinking. havent really seen the big deal though they seem to fix it fairly quick.

1991 Mustang GT
silver5liter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
google fiber