Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > (Almost) Anything Goes

Unread 2018-11-16, 11:25 AM   #1
Dr.John
Retired

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 451
Likes (Given): 463
Likes (Received): 2447
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 65
Default So what's new?

Figured I would make my annual post to see what is going on around here
Dr.John is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-16, 11:37 AM   #2
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 259
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1960
Dislikes (Given): 4
Dislikes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.John View Post
Figured I would make my annual post to see what is going on around here
I will start.

Got a new dog (Bruce the Border Collie) in April

Split up with my GF of 4.5 years back at the end of May/beginning of June.

Slayed tons of pussy

Bought JDLM's BMW and love it

Took my son on a trip to Disney that was just he and I for 7 days.

Getting ready to go to Phoenix with him for Thanksgiving.

Dating a new chick that's super awesome.

Loving Life.

I think that covers it.

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes zef, carlos64030 liked this post
BuddyLee is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-16, 11:55 AM   #3
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 479
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 4090
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 124

Living the dream!

Grandkid number two on the way. Hoping for a girl and we find out on 12.4.

Just changed jobs for the second time in my adult life.

Getting back into my hobby of modding and racing cars. Can't wait to gap Buddy Lee Whitebird's Stinger is getting gapped in about an hour. Bought my wife a fun car too so she can play.

Lost my 19yo cat a few weeks ago to cancer

Daughter's wedding is the planning stages for next year.

Still crushing it at the gym daily.

Stayed 175 nights in a hotel over the past 12 months. Glad that is over.

If 20 years ago I was asked to describe what I'd like my life to look like at 45 years old, I'd probably not have expected to be where I am now. Life is good!
Unread 2018-11-16, 11:58 AM   #4
Dr.John
Retired

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyLee View Post
I will start.

Got a new dog (Bruce the Border Collie) in April

Split up with my GF of 4.5 years back at the end of May/beginning of June.

Slayed tons of pussy

Bought JDLM's BMW and love it

Took my son on a trip to Disney that was just he and I for 7 days.

Getting ready to go to Phoenix with him for Thanksgiving.

Dating a new chick that's super awesome.

Loving Life.

I think that covers it.
Strong work, sir!

I saw the FakeBook posts about the BMW and you should definitely be loving it!

Congrats on the Disney trip and time with your son. Memories of adventures are certainly something that I focus on with my daughters.

Glad to hear you are in a good place overall, even with the challenges that have come your way!
Unread 2018-11-16, 12:01 PM   #5
Dr.John
Retired

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Living the dream!

Grandkid number two on the way. Hoping for a girl and we find out on 12.4.

Just changed jobs for the second time in my adult life.

Getting back into my hobby of modding and racing cars. Can't wait to gap Buddy Lee Whitebird's Stinger is getting gapped in about an hour. Bought my wife a fun car too so she can play.

Lost my 19yo cat a few weeks ago to cancer

Daughter's wedding is the planning stages for next year.

Still crushing it at the gym daily.

Stayed 175 nights in a hotel over the past 12 months. Glad that is over.

If 20 years ago I was asked to describe what I'd like my life to look like at 45 years old, I'd probably not have expected to be where I am now. Life is good!
Sorry about the kitty, but at 19 y/o and in your family I feel safe in assuming that it had the best life possible.

Congratulations to you and your daughters! That's awesome for you and terrifying for me to think about one day going through.

I am definitely with you on how I would have never imagined being where I am today, that is for sure!!!
Unread 2018-11-16, 12:43 PM   #6
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

**Stuff that if you know you know**

Sold Buddylee my 335i picked up a 2015 Yas Marina BMW M4

Been traveling a little :

Did a trip out to Arizona a couple weeks ago for my birthday (and Ricerking's birthday)

Heading to Colorado this week to get the rest of a sleeve going with my tattoo artist

Going to Ireland the day after Christmas for a few days

Then upon return a week or 2 later got hooked up on a all paid trip BACK to Arizona for Barret Jackson auction stuff

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes zef liked this post
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-16, 01:03 PM   #7
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Not all that active anymore but Ill jump in:

Women:
Broke up with my girlfriend of years, the one I moved to Atlanta for, at the beginning of a year. She moved out a month later.
Bounced around for a month dabbling in girls in their 20s.
Ended up hooking up with someone more my own age for about 8 months but then had to finally cut her off last month, too high strung.
So now finally solo as fuck for the first time in over a decade.

Monies:
Still at the same healthcare company, its just gotten a lot bigger. Summer was insanely busy thanks to new acquisitions.
Mo money, mo money, mo money.
Trumps stupidity putting a dent in retirement right now.

House:
Same one, now that I finally have free time starting some remodeling (not much, paint and other refreshers)
Shopping around for a real bathroom remodel. Its a giant bathroom and whatnot Im just not a fan of the layout and some of the construction.

Travels:
Took advantage of the single life and got the fuck out the country a lot this year.
Caribbean and snorkeling for my birthday
Took a big group of friends to Playa Del Carmen for their first times
Went to the Alps for a couple of weeks. Started in Milan, Italy and rented motorcycles to ride through the Alps and Dolomites. Amazing trip through 4 or 5 countries, not sure.

Toys:
Bought a fold-up moto trailer and added a trailer hitch to the BMW, its game on now. Currently shopping for Ducatis for a track/mountain toy since the MV is moving more into the collector category. Gonna be putting in a lot of time on closed courses next season to step my game up.

I have a dog, an adorable but unfortunately neurotic mix of lab and border collie with heterochromia, sadly way to neurotic to be an effective wingwoman.
Ryan Stewart is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-16, 02:38 PM   #8
DanenGraham

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 35
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 260
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 4

Gym: Hit a big goal about 5 months sooner than I hopped. Took two months off so just getting back into it and trying to get back to where I was. About to start a 12 week strength program, witch will help me plan my goals for next year. Would like to gain 30-40 pounds by March/April though, so thats going to suck.

Girls: Just cut the cord on supporting an Ex. Trying to get back into the dating world. Did have a 3 month relationship this June-Aug, for the first time since said Ex 5 years ago. Looking forward to next year.

Job: Started going back to school last year for machining. Been applying for a few different positions at my current job to try and move up a little. Applying for Tech/Machinist/Inspector positions, but haven't gotten anywhere yet. Going to keep at it though.

Car: C7 has been an awesome DD. It's almost at 45K miles. Did minor bolt ons and cosmetic stuff this year. Snow tires are on now and ready to play around if/when we get snow. May be moving to my sisters farm, so been looking at 18 f150 5.0s, that or keep the vette and get a cheap beater. Undecided

Jail: Got arrested for the second time for speeding in the Vette. Mark E is the man and got it down to a non points/defective equipment fine. Just had court on Tuesday this week. Didn't even have to see the judge. Paid and bailed lol.
Unread 2018-11-16, 03:25 PM   #9
jwdb1fish

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 34
Thanks (Received): 479
Likes (Given): 53
Likes (Received): 4090
Dislikes (Given): 7
Dislikes (Received): 124

Ive had hella speeding and drag racing tickets over the years and never been arrested for it. Cops just being dicks?

Also congrats on ditching that dead weight
jwdb1fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-16, 03:40 PM   #10
DanenGraham

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 35
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdb1fish View Post
Ive had hella speeding and drag racing tickets over the years and never been arrested for it. Cops just being dicks?

Also congrats on ditching that dead weight

100 in a 70. And 116 in a 65.

The 100mph was two years ago, the cop was really nice didn't make a big deal about it. Just said Platte county arrest for anything over 95.

The recent 116, the first cop was super pumped up like it was the first time he pulled someone over. Had me in cuffs in about 10 seconds and was laying into me and giving me the "how dangerous" it was. Mind you it was 1am in the middle of nowhere, on a highway with zero traffic. The second cop that showed up was super calm and nice though.

And yeah, just had to accept I cant help her anymore. Homeless or not, its not my responsibility. Will finally be able to get my life back on track and focus on me now.
Unread 2018-11-16, 03:41 PM   #11
Dr.John
Retired

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
**Stuff that if you know you know**

Sold Buddylee my 335i picked up a 2015 Yas Marina BMW M4

Been traveling a little :

Did a trip out to Arizona a couple weeks ago for my birthday (and Ricerking's birthday)

Heading to Colorado this week to get the rest of a sleeve going with my tattoo artist

Going to Ireland the day after Christmas for a few days

Then upon return a week or 2 later got hooked up on a all paid trip BACK to Arizona for Barret Jackson auction stuff
Shoot me a message on Fakebook when you are back in Phoenix. If I can make it up there, I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Not all that active anymore but Ill jump in:

Women:
Broke up with my girlfriend of years, the one I moved to Atlanta for, at the beginning of a year. She moved out a month later.
Bounced around for a month dabbling in girls in their 20s.
Ended up hooking up with someone more my own age for about 8 months but then had to finally cut her off last month, too high strung.
So now finally solo as fuck for the first time in over a decade.

Monies:
Still at the same healthcare company, its just gotten a lot bigger. Summer was insanely busy thanks to new acquisitions.
Mo money, mo money, mo money.
Trumps stupidity putting a dent in retirement right now.

House:
Same one, now that I finally have free time starting some remodeling (not much, paint and other refreshers)
Shopping around for a real bathroom remodel. Its a giant bathroom and whatnot Im just not a fan of the layout and some of the construction.

Travels:
Took advantage of the single life and got the fuck out the country a lot this year.
Caribbean and snorkeling for my birthday
Took a big group of friends to Playa Del Carmen for their first times
Went to the Alps for a couple of weeks. Started in Milan, Italy and rented motorcycles to ride through the Alps and Dolomites. Amazing trip through 4 or 5 countries, not sure.

Toys:
Bought a fold-up moto trailer and added a trailer hitch to the BMW, its game on now. Currently shopping for Ducatis for a track/mountain toy since the MV is moving more into the collector category. Gonna be putting in a lot of time on closed courses next season to step my game up.

I have a dog, an adorable but unfortunately neurotic mix of lab and border collie with heterochromia, sadly way to neurotic to be an effective wingwoman.
Sounds like a lot of changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanenGraham View Post
Gym: Hit a big goal about 5 months sooner than I hopped. Took two months off so just getting back into it and trying to get back to where I was. About to start a 12 week strength program, witch will help me plan my goals for next year. Would like to gain 30-40 pounds by March/April though, so thats going to suck.

Girls: Just cut the cord on supporting an Ex. Trying to get back into the dating world. Did have a 3 month relationship this June-Aug, for the first time since said Ex 5 years ago. Looking forward to next year.

Job: Started going back to school last year for machining. Been applying for a few different positions at my current job to try and move up a little. Applying for Tech/Machinist/Inspector positions, but haven't gotten anywhere yet. Going to keep at it though.

Car: C7 has been an awesome DD. It's almost at 45K miles. Did minor bolt ons and cosmetic stuff this year. Snow tires are on now and ready to play around if/when we get snow. May be moving to my sisters farm, so been looking at 18 f150 5.0s, that or keep the vette and get a cheap beater. Undecided

Jail: Got arrested for the second time for speeding in the Vette. Mark E is the man and got it down to a non points/defective equipment fine. Just had court on Tuesday this week. Didn't even have to see the judge. Paid and bailed lol.
Sounds like you lucked out!
Unread 2018-11-16, 04:26 PM   #12
mild83

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 943
Thanks (Received): 343
Likes (Given): 6591
Likes (Received): 2805
Dislikes (Given): 133
Dislikes (Received): 138

Gained 30+ lbs
Drive a 20 year old shitbox
Drive a 6 year old shitbox
Make slightly more income, nothing to really note
Stabbed a few folks for looking at me sideways
I stay fly
Unread 2018-11-16, 05:12 PM   #13
torqueburner

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 113
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 419
Likes (Received): 237
Dislikes (Given): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild83 View Post
Gained 30+ lbs
Drive a 20 year old shitbox
Drive a 6 year old shitbox
Make slightly more income, nothing to really note
Stabbed a few folks for looking at me sideways
I stay fly
That shit was to funny. Best post yet!

Street & Racing Technology
torqueburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-16, 05:24 PM   #14
JDLM
Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Torqueburner got me removed as a moderator on KCSR

B68 | F82 |///M | S55B | NAV | LED | Avant Garde | Toyo Proxes 4
Likes zef, Billy Mild liked this post
JDLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-19, 09:53 AM   #15
Squeaky192

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 264
Thanks (Received): 184
Likes (Given): 2829
Likes (Received): 1357
Dislikes (Given): 143
Dislikes (Received): 70

I'm still doing my gig at Painless as marketing director. Get to go to a lot of car shows for work which is still pretty crazy to me. Fort Worth is a lot of fun, and DFW in general has so much to do at any given time.

Started dating a girl going on 2 years ago that moved here from NYC, her roommate when she moved here was hell, so we basically lived together from 2 months on and it's been great. I bought a house (3 bed 1 bath) in February and we knocked the bathroom out and remodeled it before moving in in June, got through that whole thing with no fights which I think is a pretty big sign.

I'm finally moving away from the keeping the Camaro stock appearing, I ordered some 17x8 and 17x9 to clear the Baer 6P brakes I have. Along with that, I'll be doing UMI Performance control arms and Viking Coilovers and rear shocks.

2007 GMC Sierra Crew Cab - Stock Old Man Truck
1998 Volvo V70 - I can't get away from them.
1971 Camaro Z28 RS - "Barn Find" -LS/4L80/Strange 9" Restomod Beater
2018 Kawasaki Z900RS - Hipster Retro
Squeaky192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-19, 10:28 AM   #16
BuddyLee

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 259
Likes (Given): 61
Likes (Received): 1960
Dislikes (Received): 35

Doc J. I will be in PHX this week starting Wed and coming back Sunday. Holla.

BuddyLee is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-19, 01:17 PM   #17
Scooby24
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 50
Thanks (Received): 700
Likes (Given): 362
Likes (Received): 4009
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40

Just celebrated my youngest's 1 year birthday
Wife has recovered better than we could have ever expected following her stroke
Was able to get back to working out every morning and feeling great
Had a botched vasectomy, had my tubes sutured to my nutsack so that's not cool
Work's going well, starting to travel again, will be in PHX for two weeks the weeks of the 3rd and 10th if you want to meet up
Scooby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-19, 02:37 PM   #18
Dave B

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 133
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 1012
Dislikes (Received): 64

I'm still working for the same environmental consulting firm. I had been doing mostly mergers and acquisitions environmental diligence, mostly for private equity. As of a few months ago, I've started working more with our litigation team, mostly supporting environmental liability claims and cost recovery with the clients being primarily in oil and gas. It's something I've been wanting to do for years. Lots of work and lots of money to be made. Very demanding and high risk though as we're working for attorneys and live in the work of expert testimony and court case schedules. I finally feel like where I want to be for the remainder of my career. Maybe another 6 years or so then I'll retire and/or go part-time (24 hours) with my company.

Back in early January, I suffered a Jones fracture in my 5th metatarsal and ankle injury during a volleyball game due to me landing on a guys foot that came under the net after I landed from a spike. It required a screw in my metatarsal then non-weight baring for 6 weeks, then in a boot for another 6 weeks, and then light duty for months. I wasn't cleared to play volleyball until late July. Killed me to sit out so long as I play quite a bit.

Currently coaching my 10 y/o daughters volleyball team. My God is it hard to coach young girls to move and cover volleyball when it comes over to their side.

The wife and I are currently looking for rural wooded land, ideally with some water, within an hour or so of KC where we can camp when we want and/or perhaps build a cabin.

Continuing to modify and play with my M235, though, I'm somewhat seriously looking at lightly used 2017-2018 M2s as their prices are plummeting with the intro of the M2 Competition. Many of the mods I've done can transfer over.
Unread 2018-11-19, 06:27 PM   #19
Lurch

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 4
Likes (Received): 16
Dislikes (Received): 0

What's up doc?
Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-20, 09:59 AM   #20
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 43
Thanks (Received): 110
Likes (Given): 668
Likes (Received): 788
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 16

freekwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-20, 11:01 PM   #21
Supermac

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 5
Dislikes (Received): 0

Oh hai.

Jumped back into engineering after working in/on restaurants for years. Im fortunate to be with a super smart group of people at a little technology startup - life is good.

Traveling quite a bit with much more on the horizon.

Cheers!
Unread 2018-11-21, 10:00 AM   #22
so.DOPE

Location: From a 70 mph roll, 2 red tail lights radically morph to one...
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 55
Thanks (Received): 73
Likes (Given): 177
Likes (Received): 605
Dislikes (Given): 43
Dislikes (Received): 45

Was offered a promotion if I agreed to re-locate out of state in February '18. After some negotiation - terms were agreed upon. New position includes a decent amount of travel to and From Phoenix and Ft. Worth. Putting the houses up for sale in early March. Plan is to be moving in by June '19.

Said lady friend is a keeper. Coming up on our 2 year mark pretty soon. I'm going to propose on New Years Eve.

My project car's status/progress is on hold for the time being. I've considered ripping out the ladder bar rear suspension and swapping it out for a Detroit Speed 4-link. Only time will tell if I feel like reneging all of that rear sheet metal.

I still hit the gym 4-5 days a week and feel great being 31.

Parents, family and friends are solid.

Not much to complain about on my end.

Spencer Davis Group - Blues in F
so.DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-28, 04:35 PM   #23
Timothy Leary
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 240
Likes (Given): 178
Likes (Received): 1369
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 24

Yall a Buncha poopy Mfers!

2017 Toyota 860 86
Likes freekwonder, Squeaky192 liked this post
Timothy Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2018-11-29, 09:46 AM   #24
ReidStylez
Yahh Trick Yahh!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 100
Likes (Given): 43
Likes (Received): 947
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Leary View Post
Yall a Buncha poopy Mfers!
brb, running to tell Bonzi his account has been hacked.
Unread 2018-11-29, 11:53 AM   #25
Go4Broke

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 781
Likes (Received): 153
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 2

Had open heart surgery at the end of April, was off work for a month recovering. Everything went well and and everything looking good as of last month.

Supervisor tried to fire me about a month after I got back( didn't have the authority to). Had a meeting about it I called him out on all the shit he didn't get done while I was gone and he quit 3 days later. Been running the maintenance team since.

Paid my credit card off last week, which I had been paying on since 08 and am up to date on all my hospital bills.

Got my 88 Mustang GT running for the first time since 2012 also bought new wheels and some cloth seat to replace my torn Leather ones. Hope to get it on the road in spring. Also been looking into getting a fiero.
Likes zef, mild83 liked this post
Go4Broke is offline   Reply With Quote