Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Computers, Teh Interweb, Gaming, Electronics

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 2017-01-10, 12:49 AM   #101
SiCO
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 9,589
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 51
Likes (Given): 86
Likes (Received): 207
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 11
Default

How is your score so high? When did you run that test? I have a better GPU, SSD and faster RAM but I'm 10k+ under your score in Sky Diver.
__________________
2016 Audi S3 - JB1, Injen Intake, Technology Package, Black Optics Package, Band & Olufsen, OEM Resonator Delete
http://www.kcsr.org/showthread.php?t=166619
2013 Kawasaki Z1000

Last edited by SiCO; 2017-01-10 at 12:53 AM..
SiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-10, 01:07 AM   #102
joesrcool
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,515
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 105
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCO View Post
How is your score so high? When did you run that test? I have a better GPU, SSD and faster RAM but I'm 10k+ under your score in Sky Diver.
I'm not too sure. My CPU is heavily overclocked and my 980ti is moderately overclocked. I got lucky with the CPU and it overclocks very well....not so lucky on the GPU however. I ran both of those benchmarks this evening. I don't think RAM and SSD have much affect on the overall score.

Edited to add the link to those results...http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/17288610
__________________
'08 MS3

Last edited by joesrcool; 2017-01-10 at 01:12 AM..
joesrcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-10, 01:45 PM   #103
SiCO
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 9,589
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 51
Likes (Given): 86
Likes (Received): 207
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 11
Default

I wouldn't think ram or SSD would effect it very much either. I am running a higher core clock on my CPU as well (4.6ghz) I just don't have the extra core or threads (which would make zero difference in daily or gaming tasks). Benchmarks only show a 2% real speed increase on your CPU over mine with the same clock applied to both. It says your machine is scoring higher than a 4k machine and your machine is not really a 4k set up. Even mine isn't really great for 4k. Its showing you GPU core clock at 1467mhz, I'm usually hit 2100mhz with an addition 2gb more of GPU memory.

You either have something going on with your 3DMark or you have an issue with configuration in your machine somewhere, because your computer should be scoring somewhere around 27,000 not better than 99% of other scores lol. Guys running 2 way SLI usually don't even score that high.

If you look at the comparison score right under yours, the 4k machine, tells you what was used in that test and he is running SLI 980's and still 6,000 under your score.
__________________
2016 Audi S3 - JB1, Injen Intake, Technology Package, Black Optics Package, Band & Olufsen, OEM Resonator Delete
http://www.kcsr.org/showthread.php?t=166619
2013 Kawasaki Z1000

Last edited by SiCO; 2017-01-10 at 01:55 PM..
SiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-10, 07:19 PM   #104
Sparticus95
 
Sparticus95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: LSMO
Posts: 6,920
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 38
Likes (Received): 212
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 3
Default

Guess I should probably load in here as well:

i7-4770k (stock clock)
EVGA GTX 1070 OC (stock clock, except factory OC)
ASUS Z87-A Motherboard
Crucial PC3-12800H (stock clocks, 2x8GB)
PNY 240GB SSD (needs an upgrade in speed and size, I know)



__________________
2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Sparticus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-10, 08:50 PM   #105
joesrcool
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,515
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 105
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCO View Post
I wouldn't think ram or SSD would effect it very much either. I am running a higher core clock on my CPU as well (4.6ghz) I just don't have the extra core or threads (which would make zero difference in daily or gaming tasks). Benchmarks only show a 2% real speed increase on your CPU over mine with the same clock applied to both. It says your machine is scoring higher than a 4k machine and your machine is not really a 4k set up. Even mine isn't really great for 4k. Its showing you GPU core clock at 1467mhz, I'm usually hit 2100mhz with an addition 2gb more of GPU memory.

You either have something going on with your 3DMark or you have an issue with configuration in your machine somewhere, because your computer should be scoring somewhere around 27,000 not better than 99% of other scores lol. Guys running 2 way SLI usually don't even score that high.

If you look at the comparison score right under yours, the 4k machine, tells you what was used in that test and he is running SLI 980's and still 6,000 under your score.
I don't know what to tell you . I just ran the test again and got a nearly identical result.

Here is the result with some other system info:
3DMark_Sky Diver 1.0_02 by jplynch87, on Flickr

...and the link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/17306246

I'm just using the free version for 3DMark, so it doesn't let me make any changes to the settings. I'm not sure how there could be any issues if the results are repeatable. Searching the results on 3DMark's website shows hundreds of results with my specs that actually scored higher than me. Let me know if you run any other benchmarks and I'll run those too for comparison.
__________________
'08 MS3
joesrcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-10, 10:16 PM   #106
SiCO
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 9,589
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 51
Likes (Given): 86
Likes (Received): 207
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesrcool View Post
I don't know what to tell you . I just ran the test again and got a nearly identical result.

Here is the result with some other system info:
3DMark_Sky Diver 1.0_02 by jplynch87, on Flickr

...and the link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/17306246

I'm just using the free version for 3DMark, so it doesn't let me make any changes to the settings. I'm not sure how there could be any issues if the results are repeatable. Searching the results on 3DMark's website shows hundreds of results with my specs that actually scored higher than me. Let me know if you run any other benchmarks and I'll run those too for comparison.
I'm no expert on benchmarking either. What resolution monitor are you running? When I had the free 3DMark it came with TimeSpy, have you ran that one? The CPU much be effecting that score.
__________________
2016 Audi S3 - JB1, Injen Intake, Technology Package, Black Optics Package, Band & Olufsen, OEM Resonator Delete
http://www.kcsr.org/showthread.php?t=166619
2013 Kawasaki Z1000
SiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-10, 11:36 PM   #107
joesrcool
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,515
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 33
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 105
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCO View Post
I'm no expert on benchmarking either. What resolution monitor are you running? When I had the free 3DMark it came with TimeSpy, have you ran that one? The CPU much be effecting that score.
My primary monitor is 2560x1080, but the benchmark appears to run in 1920x1080, as the sides are cropped while it runs.

Here is a 3DMark TimeSpy 1.0 run:
3DMark_Time Spy 1.0_01 by jplynch87, on Flickr

Link: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/17308436?
__________________
'08 MS3
joesrcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-11, 12:30 AM   #108
SiCO
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 9,589
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 51
Likes (Given): 86
Likes (Received): 207
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 11
Default

4.4ghz:



4.6ghz:




These scores make more sense, the additional cores on the CPU are the difference. Nice machine! I am running a 1440P monitor at 165hz so I am not sure if that effects the test in any way either. It does suggest to turn off g-sync tho for the tests which I do.

I'm pretty happy with the min/max stats. None of my rad or case fans get over triple digits the entire time and being able to get 4.6 on 1.321 is pretty good, I have not pushed it any further.
__________________
2016 Audi S3 - JB1, Injen Intake, Technology Package, Black Optics Package, Band & Olufsen, OEM Resonator Delete
http://www.kcsr.org/showthread.php?t=166619
2013 Kawasaki Z1000

Last edited by SiCO; 2017-01-11 at 12:35 AM..
SiCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-13, 08:40 PM   #109
seawolfxix
 
seawolfxix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Liberty
Posts: 216
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 35
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

3DMark (Sky Diver): 23,558
http://www.3dmark.com/sd/4491952

3DMark (Fire Strike): 10,219
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/11408152

3DMark (Time Spy): 4,004
http://www.3dmark.com/spy/1054738
seawolfxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-16, 01:55 PM   #110
seawolfxix
 
seawolfxix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Liberty
Posts: 216
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 35
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

Overclocked my CPU from 3.8 to 4.2GHz, which increased my CPU score from 3,578 to 4,190.

Overall score did not change much.

3DMark (TimeSpy): 4,098
http://www.3dmark.com/spy/1070539
seawolfxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-01-16, 07:15 PM   #111
newguy99
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 186
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 14
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default



Waiting on the zen, as I'm going to give it a shot as I need the extra cores.

Edit: link added http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/17432724

Last edited by newguy99; 2017-01-16 at 07:17 PM..
newguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-02-01, 06:37 PM   #112
seawolfxix
 
seawolfxix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Liberty
Posts: 216
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 35
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 0
Default

Overclocked my RX 480 GPU to +4% (1360 MHz) and Memory to 1850 MHz. CPU is at 4.28 GHz.

Time Spy = 4,211
Fire Strike = 10,857
Sky Diver = 25,516
VRMark Orange Room = 7,111
VRMark Blue Room = 1,186
seawolfxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2017-07-20, 03:53 PM   #113
Scooby24
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Olathe
Posts: 51,616
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 49
Thanks (Received): 689
Likes (Given): 341
Likes (Received): 3959
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 40
Default

Here are some scores for my new rig

i7-7700k @ 4.8
Zotac 1080 Ti Amp Extreme @ stock clocks (factory overclocked)
16GB DDR4 3200
1TB 960 EVO NVME SSD
ASUS Maximus IX Hero



Time Spy: 9359
Fire Strike: 22042
Sky Diver: 45482
__________________
-Greg
'17 Tacoma TRD Off-Road

Last edited by Scooby24; 2017-07-20 at 04:15 PM..
Scooby24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.13.37
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1993-2012, KCSR.org