Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Bureau of Alcohol and Tobacco

Unread 2011-12-13, 09:41 AM   #126
06g35meister

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 35
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 102
Likes (Received): 382
Dislikes (Given): 6
Dislikes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
I'm lazy and don't feel like scanning through all of the pages. Whats a good option on hookahs for at home smoking? I've got a puny little guy now and can't stand it.

I know best and cheap don't go hand in hand, so something affordable but still fairly good sized? I prefer single hose setup just because I've had bad luck with two-hoses.

Ive always had good luck with my sahara smoke and recommend them to all my friends. $100 or a bit over can get you a great hookah that will last forever!!!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes shaun y liked this post
06g35meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-13, 10:08 AM   #127
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 202
Thanks (Received): 245
Likes (Given): 2438
Likes (Received): 1631
Dislikes (Given): 24
Dislikes (Received): 46

Quote:
I'm lazy and don't feel like scanning through all of the pages. Whats a good option on hookahs for at home smoking? I've got a puny little guy now and can't stand it.

I know best and cheap don't go hand in hand, so something affordable but still fairly good sized? I prefer single hose setup just because I've had bad luck with two-hoses.
hookahhookah.com is where I ordered my hookah from. It's a 20" that I got for $65 shipped and it has lasted several years of use and abuse.

Last edited by Keboh; 2011-12-13 at 10:11 AM..
Keboh is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-13, 12:15 PM   #128
fast895ohstang

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 68
Likes (Given): 843
Likes (Received): 306
Dislikes (Given): 21
Dislikes (Received): 8

Quote:

i got mine at the pakhala i believe is the name. its behind the taco bell off 87th and quivera ish. i think mine was $40 or so and it smokes decent

89 Mustang - Jackstand Racing
01 Bullitt - #240 - 13.54 @ 101mph stock
15 F150 FX4 Sport Crew Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr
Yea me and tree huggers dont get along. They like the smell of fresh air...i like the smell of mickey thompson
email mustangfbodykc@gmail.com for sponsorship opportunities
fast895ohstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-13, 01:05 PM   #129
Spiffy
Lil Sis

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 29
Thanks (Received): 47
Likes (Given): 203
Likes (Received): 346
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keboh View Post
hookahhookah.com is where I ordered my hookah from. It's a 20" that I got for $65 shipped and it has lasted several years of use and abuse.
Now I'm not familiar with Hookah sizing, I'm looking for something a bit larger, if its measured from bottom to coal I've got around a 20" now. It was a freebie from Jerusalem.

I'll check out the places you guys mentioned and see if I can find something I like.

'03 KCSR Mach 1 | '92 Rapezer
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-13, 01:12 PM   #130
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Now I'm not familiar with Hookah sizing, I'm looking for something a bit larger, if its measured from bottom to coal I've got around a 20" now. It was a freebie from Jerusalem.

I'll check out the places you guys mentioned and see if I can find something I like.
Yeah, that is the same size as mine. What don't you like about it?

They sell diffused down stems and other goodies that make a hookah hit nicer. Also there are different style bowls, different materials for hoses, etc that change a hookah a lot.
Unread 2011-12-13, 01:17 PM   #131
s_racer2003

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 105
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 1

Quote:
Yeah, that is the same size as mine. What don't you like about it?

They sell diffused down stems and other goodies that make a hookah hit nicer. Also there are different style bowls, different materials for hoses, etc that change a hookah a lot.
Agreed. In our nicer hookah, we run a deep clay bowl, seems to burn cleaner a lot longer without getting that burnt taste. We have a cheaper two hoser with a shallow glazed bowl that we use when we have more people over that burns the shisha a lot easier if you don't tend the coals closely. Also, we have rubber hoses that can be cleaned regularly unlike the ones that have the paper innards.
Unread 2011-12-13, 01:22 PM   #132
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_racer2003 View Post
Agreed. In our nicer hookah, we run a deep clay bowl, seems to burn cleaner a lot longer without getting that burnt taste. We have a cheaper two hoser with a shallow glazed bowl that we use when we have more people over that burns the shisha a lot easier if you don't tend the coals closely. Also, we have rubber hoses that can be cleaned regularly unlike the ones that have the paper innards.
http://www.hookahhookah.com/hookahho...kah-clearance/

You ever hit a diffused hookah? It's awesome. There's a diffused down stem on clearance there. They're awesome, totally changes a hookah (for the better)
Unread 2011-12-13, 01:31 PM   #133
s_racer2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
http://www.hookahhookah.com/hookahho...kah-clearance/

You ever hit a diffused hookah? It's awesome. There's a diffused down stem on clearance there. They're awesome, totally changes a hookah (for the better)
I haven't. How are they different, and what's different about the hit? Unfortunately the website is blocked for me.
Unread 2011-12-13, 01:35 PM   #134
Keboh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_racer2003 View Post
I haven't. How are they different, and what's different about the hit? Unfortunately the website is blocked for me.
Normal down stems are just a straight tube down into the water. A diffuser is basically just a down stem with more holes at the bottom of it, where it enters the water. This causes the smoke to enter the water in smaller 'bubbles', thus is filtered more, thus causes the hit to be a lot smoother.

I screen shotted the website and uploaded it to offensivex if that isn't blocked
Unread 2011-12-13, 01:40 PM   #135
s_racer2003

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Normal down stems are just a straight tube down into the water. A diffuser is basically just a down stem with more holes at the bottom of it, where it enters the water. This causes the smoke to enter the water in smaller 'bubbles', thus is filtered more, thus causes the hit to be a lot smoother.

I screen shotted the website and uploaded it to offensivex if that isn't blocked
[IMG]werwefwefw.png[/IMG]
Interesting... I wonder if you could rubber band some thin cloth to the end of the down tube and achieve the same effect. I'll scientifically test it tonight and report back.
Unread 2011-12-13, 10:10 PM   #136
djmesican

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 14
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 81
Likes (Received): 11
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordofAK01 View Post
whaaaaa where did you get that??? ive been smoking hookah for like 5 years and never seen anything like that lol

http://www.maharajahookah.com/shiazo...es/cat_66.html
Unread 2011-12-14, 09:18 AM   #137
06g35meister

Post Thanks / Like

so hookah-shisha just screwed me out of a free hookah, I applied the free hookah discount code, then the 15% off code. It applied (so i thought) and i paid out. come to find out my final receipt said only the 15% off non-sale items (only the coals, so like $2) so i emailed not 2 min after order placed, and they didnt respond until today (2 days later) and said that only one dicount code would apply and i would have to buy another $75 worth of stuff to get the discount. They already shipped my box as well.

Not liking this store, texas hookah has sent me multiple packages when they drop ship shisha i like but they dont have in stock and they have been great about refunding mistakes and making it right. I guess this is what I get for leaving what I know is a great company...
Unread 2011-12-14, 03:57 PM   #138
Spiffy
Lil Sis

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 29
Thanks (Received): 47
Likes (Given): 203
Likes (Received): 346
Dislikes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmesican View Post
What's the story? They worth the buy or a gimmick to spend $20?

'03 KCSR Mach 1 | '92 Rapezer
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2011-12-14, 08:07 PM   #139
djmesican

Post Thanks / Like

So far the only feedback I have is "It lasts for about 45min to an hour +. I personally liked it, some people still prefer the tobacco. But I think it's a great alternative." Talking about one bowls worth. I'm not sure if I should order a new hookah or not. I'm thinking of ordering these as well. Just kind of waiting for a little more feedback.
Unread 2011-12-16, 01:27 PM   #140
djmesican

Post Thanks / Like

also another feedback on the stones.. "Had the Shiazo mango last night. It was very tasty! Thick smoke as well, lasted for a pretty long time. The only issue I have is that it takes a looong time to start or you must put on a lot of coals. "
Unread 2011-12-16, 01:41 PM   #141
06g35meister

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06g35meister View Post
so hookah-shisha just screwed me out of a free hookah, I applied the free hookah discount code, then the 15% off code. It applied (so i thought) and i paid out. come to find out my final receipt said only the 15% off non-sale items (only the coals, so like $2) so i emailed not 2 min after order placed, and they didnt respond until today (2 days later) and said that only one dicount code would apply and i would have to buy another $75 worth of stuff to get the discount. They already shipped my box as well.

Not liking this store, texas hookah has sent me multiple packages when they drop ship shisha i like but they dont have in stock and they have been great about refunding mistakes and making it right. I guess this is what I get for leaving what I know is a great company...
UPDATE: added me to a code that allows me to get a free hookah without it having to be $75. Now to find something i need... not sure if i can share the code or not, but i will apply it first then share my code!

Edit: was a one time code with my name already on the deal to ensure i didnt abuse lol.
Likes djmesican liked this post

Last edited by 06g35meister; 2012-02-05 at 11:01 AM..
Unread 2011-12-17, 01:58 PM   #142
djmesican

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Let me know. I am thinking about picking one up. I'll probably end up getting the stones in the next few weeks when my new stash runs low. I'll also pick up the coco coals.
Unread 2012-02-05, 10:59 AM   #143
06g35meister

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to update on my hookah experience over the last ~month or so.

Romman is the best thing to happen to the hookah world in a LONG time. I bought a 3-pack, one ivory coast, one chocolate mint (for the gf) and one spearmint. Thickest smoke, most rich taste and best buzz of any shisha i have EVER smoked (hundreds). I am purchasing more of each of these 3 (the girls i smoke with, gf and her friends and a few of mine LOVE the chocolate mint) and expanding into new terriritory, but i will be true to this brand for a while. Tried the blue acid last night and was displeased, like smoking a $10 cigar after smoking cubans.

I got a diffuser for the downstem based on this thread, it has 100% evolved the way the hookah smokes. It pulls evenly and consistently because there is no turbulence of the water in the base.

Also purchased a coal holder, the gf wanted me to cause i dropped coals once (no damage luckily) and it is a godsend! I can light the coals all off of one, and place them outside while they light (the wind expedites the process) then bring them in for the smoking session. I can also place the remaining shards back in there when finished. It is so easy to use and actually looks pretty good too!

Bought a stem pipe cleaner, it works as advertised, get the longest one you can find if you have a 36" hookah like mine.

Also got a vortex bowl. It is amazing. I can stock it with ~50 grams and it smokes 4 times of 1+ hours. No joke amazing capacity and the smoke is full and never allows shards of shisha through.

My smoke has evolved immensely in the last 6 months and i am LOVING it. No more headaches after switching to ignite easy lights from my natural brand (most people have the opposite problem).

Kevin
Unread 2012-02-16, 11:01 AM   #144
HiLandR
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 149
Thanks (Received): 121
Likes (Given): 828
Likes (Received): 726

I'm glad to hear it going well Kevin.

I found a good local source for fair pricing on shisha and equipment. It's called Jaskki's Tobacco Cafe http://www.jaskkis.com/ they have Starbuzz Blue Mist in 250 g. tins for $25.00. That is about 6 dollars less than I have seen it elsewhere in KC.

That's my local smoke of choice Starbuzz Blue Mist. Internet smoke of choice is Romman; Chocolate Mint and Turkish coffee!
Unread 2012-02-16, 12:53 PM   #145
TRsixxx
Makes Tupac look like Barney, Bro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLandR View Post
My back deck is my hookah lounge. My favorite flavor is Starbuzz Blue Mist. It starts with a nice berry sweetness that finishes with a soft mint.

Dude, I've been smoking the shit out of that. I love it.
Unread 2012-02-16, 02:09 PM   #146
HiLandR
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRsixxx View Post
Dude, I've been smoking the shit out of that. I love it.
We should!
Unread 2012-02-16, 08:13 PM   #147
HiLandR
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'm on to something here people, put a couple of shots of creme de menth in with the ice water and smoke some blue mist! He'll yes!!!
Unread 2012-02-16, 08:18 PM   #148
chiggy

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 99
Likes (Received): 183
Dislikes (Received): 10

I need to buy a hooka and get all set up. I don't get to do it often enough and when I do I really enjoy it. When I have some more money I hope I can pick up a hooka and all the accessories to get started for under 100 bucks. recommendations anyone?
Unread 2012-02-16, 08:27 PM   #149
HiLandR
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

A short hookah is key! I suggest you get on the Sahara Smokes website!
Unread 2012-02-16, 08:33 PM   #150
chiggy

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 99
Likes (Received): 183
Dislikes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiLandR View Post
A short hookah is key! I suggest you get on the Sahara Smokes website!
good call. found one I like for $80 and it comes with all the accessories to get me smoking that day. a tin of that starbuzz blue mist sounds good from earlier posts and it's only $20 so that's right in there in the budget for next month (hopefully) I'm in no hurry though.