Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Computers, Teh Interweb, Gaming, Electronics

Unread 2008-07-06, 05:17 PM   #151
Timothy Leary
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 94
Thanks (Received): 240
Likes (Given): 177
Likes (Received): 1366
Dislikes (Given): 10
Dislikes (Received): 24

probably would be in september or october.

2017 Toyota 860 86
Timothy Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2008-07-07, 01:09 AM   #152
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 42
Thanks (Received): 110
Likes (Given): 655
Likes (Received): 783
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 16

New macbooks, or Mac books pros? Didn't they just redo the macbooks?
freekwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2008-07-07, 02:04 AM   #153
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 402
Thanks (Received): 363
Likes (Given): 4962
Likes (Received): 2124
Dislikes (Given): 121
Dislikes (Received): 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekwonder
Both should be getting a makeover. Macbooks go to the Aluminum case like the Macbook Pros.
Unread 2008-07-07, 03:23 AM   #154
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUweatherman
Quote:
Both should be getting a makeover. Macbooks go to the Aluminum case like the Macbook Pros.
I thought the macbooks already had their make over with processor upgrades, and the MBPs got a little faster processors and more video ram?
Unread 2008-07-07, 09:09 AM   #155
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I thought the macbooks already had their make over with processor upgrades, and the MBPs got a little faster processors and more video ram?
That's just a 'facelift' to get more people to buy new ones until the aluminum ones come out, which I did. Apple is going towards the Aluminum tract for all their computers (iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, etc) and it is finally time to get the Macbook on the bus too. It's easy to see what they could do to the Macbook, but I'm not sure how they'll improve the Macbook Pro (make it thinner? something totally new? who knows). Guess we'll see in a month or two.
Unread 2008-07-07, 10:28 AM   #156
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's just a 'facelift' to get more people to buy new ones until the aluminum ones come out, which I did. Apple is going towards the Aluminum tract for all their computers (iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, etc) and it is finally time to get the Macbook on the bus too. It's easy to see what they could do to the Macbook, but I'm not sure how they'll improve the Macbook Pro (make it thinner? something totally new? who knows). Guess we'll see in a month or two.
eh I hate being over here, you fall behind on shit. I didn't realize the aluminum ones weren't out yet. I was looking to get one for the wife since it's time for her to upgrade to a mac that can handle 10.5.

I MAY upgrade when the next gen MBPs come out, depending on how beat up mine is when I get back.
Unread 2008-07-07, 10:37 AM   #157
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
eh I hate being over here, you fall behind on shit. I didn't realize the aluminum ones weren't out yet. I was looking to get one for the wife since it's time for her to upgrade to a mac that can handle 10.5.

I MAY upgrade when the next gen MBPs come out, depending on how beat up mine is when I get back.
I sold my white 2.4 Ghz Macbook (bought @ end of Feb/sold end of June) while I could still get basically what I paid for it back. Could be hit or miss once the aluminum ones come out, people would pay a premium to hold on to the throwback in good shape or they just wouldnt give a damn anymore. However, until the new ones come out, I'm sitting here without a Mac and I miss it a lot more than I thought I would.
Unread 2008-07-08, 12:45 AM   #158
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm. May have to hold off on upgrading the wife then. I mean she has a G4 12"laptop so anything would technically be an upgrade. But I would like to wait until the ones styled after the MBPs come out.
Unread 2008-07-23, 05:03 PM   #159
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like

Is anybody running leopard on a G4 processor. Just wondering how it will run on my wifes powerbook, its 512m of ram, and a 1.5g processor. Leopard asks for 512m of ram and only 847mgh processor. Thinking about upgrading her.
Unread 2008-07-24, 05:27 PM   #160
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Seems the new Macbooks/Macbook Pros are coming sooner rather than later. inventory is being dwindled, parts have been ordered. Only on page 7 of this 30+ page thread, so not sure what all is being talked about yet.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=525357&page=1
Unread 2008-07-24, 06:08 PM   #161
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I would honestly LOVE to see another 12" laptop just with all updated internals.
Unread 2008-07-28, 11:21 PM   #162
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Latest rumors on the Macbook: One piece aluminum case, GLASS multi-touch trackpad (not sure how I feel about that one), larger screens (14"-15.6"), thinner and rounder (more like Macbook Air), also talk of Apple doing their own custom chip set (guess Apple is getting tired of Intel's integrated graphics = suckage).

http://blogs.computerworld.com/rumor..._other_goodies

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._the_hood.html
Unread 2008-07-28, 11:27 PM   #163
freekwonder
Guinness Master

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about the glass track pad.
Bigger sizes. Bring back the 12" one.
thinner and rounder.
Unread 2008-07-28, 11:34 PM   #164
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to say WHEN they figure the new ones will be out. Those two sites say Sept, but I personally expect them a little sooner than that. Expect an announcement either this tomorrow (July 29th) or next (Aug 5th).
Unread 2008-07-30, 06:06 PM   #165
JustinCredible

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 178
Thanks (Received): 96
Likes (Given): 919
Likes (Received): 340
Dislikes (Given): 18
Dislikes (Received): 4

Quote:
Next-Gen Macs Will Not Use Intel Chips, Some Say

Apple may be moving away from Intel.

The blogosphere is buzzing about rumors the next generation of MacBooks will ditch the familiar Intel chipsets. Apple's been building Intel-based computers since '06, when it announced it would stop using PowerPC processors in favor of Intel.

Now sources, such as AppleInsider, are reporting "people familiar with (Apple's) plans" are saying change is on the way. Apple's options could include going back to its own proprietary chipset or it could strike a new deal with a manufacturer such as NVIDIA or VIA. AppleInsider is careful to point out "This should not be confused with the primary CPU, which will continue to come from Intel."

Why the Switch?

So why the sudden switch? Theories point to everything from a need for Apple to set itself apart from the competition -- two execs have made recent comments about "state-of-the-art products" on the way that will catch competitors off-guard. Others suggest Apple's move away from Intel is an attempt to use a chipset that uses less power.

We can expect to hear something official in the next month or two, when the new MacBooks are revealed. Stay tuned.
http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/007365.html
JustinCredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2008-08-04, 11:18 PM   #166
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 67
Thanks (Received): 121
Likes (Given): 675
Likes (Received): 721
Dislikes (Given): 6

My fuckin luck. The time I buy into a new Macbook Pro they're going to fuck me over and release something new in a couple months

titaniumSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2008-08-05, 12:05 AM   #167
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumSS
My fuckin luck. The time I buy into a new Macbook Pro they're going to fuck me over and release something new in a couple months
More like a week or two, lol. We'll see either today or in the next couple weeks some official info about the new Macbooks/Macbook Pros.
Well, nothing today.
Unread 2008-08-05, 01:48 PM   #168
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like

Gay gay gay gay lol at least I got the top options on mine, so hopefully it won't be that bad. I kinda wish it had a fingerprint reader though.

Unread 2008-08-07, 01:46 AM   #169
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how I feel about the white on aluminum. Kinda looks weird. Just proves that the new one IS coming.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/04/p...aiwanese-site/
Unread 2008-08-07, 02:37 AM   #170
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like

So I was just told today that the new ones will get the touch technology like the iPhone's have. If that is the major difference then I'm not too upset about getting mine.

Unread 2008-08-07, 02:35 PM   #171
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like

Just got the computer today. Fuckin A it's quick. I'm glad I got this. Now what are the essentials to install on these?

Unread 2008-08-07, 03:24 PM   #172
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumSS
Just got the computer today. Fuckin A it's quick. I'm glad I got this. Now what are the essentials to install on these?
Page 1 of this thread.
Unread 2008-08-07, 03:43 PM   #173
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I'll be occupied for awhile lol

Unread 2008-08-07, 09:51 PM   #174
titaniumSS

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering, but where do you guys get your widgets downloaded from and then all the cool stuff on the first page? Limewire? Still new to this stuff

Unread 2008-08-28, 03:41 PM   #175
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

http://apple20.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...roduct-lineup/

Seems the Apple Event announcing new iPods will be Sept 9th. We'll probably hear about the updated Macbooks/Macbook Pros that day as well. Getting closer!