Mirror Finish Polishing ~ 1-816-529-6089 ~ sales@mirrorfinishpolishing.com ~ mirrorfinishpolishing.com For the best rate on home, auto, life or business/commercial insurance call me at 888-959-0955, cell 636-734-1310 or bricehazelwood@weiss-ins.com. Never Done Garage - donewhenimdead.com Peerless Automotive Reconditioning - 1155 W. Dennis Ave, Olathe Ks, 66061 - 913-893-1201 Mark H. Epstein ~ The Epstein Law Firm, LLC ~ 913-396-5123 Wilkes Automotive ~ wilkesautomotive.com ~ 246 Marion St, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ 913-254-7171 Skandalous Inc ~ www.skandalousinc.com DIY Auto Repair Inc ~ www.diyautorepairkc.com ~ 11509 Strangline Rd, Olathe KS 66062 ~ 913-226-3806 Your advertisement here! The Law Offices of Jeremiah Johnson, LLC ~ 104 E. Poplar, Olathe, KS 66061 ~ (913)764-5010 ~ www.kcatty.com - www.johnsoncountydui.com ~ jeremiah@kcatty.com Santa Fe Body, Inc ~ 8717 Lenexa Drive, Overland Park, KS 66214 ~ (913) 894-6090 House of Boost LLC Nude? HouseofHID.com - The #1 source for HID The Print Shop KC 816.200.6694 or Ryan@RMD-Photography.com the art of tyleR ~ http://tyleR.bigcartel.com ~ TYLERcoey.com ~ MUTTtoy.com ~ MUTTtoy@gmail.com W-K Chevrolet Buick Pontiac Cadillac GMC ~ 3310 W. Broadway, Sedalia, MO 65301 ~ 800-382-5088 ~ Cell 660-553-8928 ~ dustin@wkchevy.com ~ www.wkchevy.com

Go Back   KCSR - THE Kansas City Forum > General Forums > Computers, Teh Interweb, Gaming, Electronics

Unread 2016-09-08, 03:03 PM   #5076
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt say it was a selling point, just that it was the only cool feature. I own zero iProducts so they arent for me in the first place.

They charge through the case, both at a time. That part was obvious.
Unread 2016-09-08, 03:44 PM   #5077
ReidStylez
Yahh Trick Yahh!

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 98
Likes (Given): 41
Likes (Received): 928
Dislikes (Given): 11
Dislikes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun y View Post

How do they even charge, do you have to charge one at a time, or is there a cable that will tether them together? How many people will make it two months without losing one? They are a terrible product.
They charge with the case they come in. The case they come in I suppose you'd most likely keep them in when you're not using them which is small enough to fit in your pocket pretty easily. I suppose this will also help you keep track of them. My opinion the air pods are an ugly design and wished they would have put more effort into the design. A lot of people are hating on Apple for removing the headphone jack but in reality all cell phones will be going that way soon. Apple just happened to be the first one to take the plunge. You don't have to like it that's for sure. You're more than welcome to buy whatever you like.

Last edited by ReidStylez; 2016-09-08 at 03:49 PM..
ReidStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-08, 04:08 PM   #5078
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 481
Likes (Given): 4077
Likes (Received): 4362
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Those specs dont really mean much as long as it works.
Lul
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-08, 06:39 PM   #5079
shaun y
Mr 49er

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 164
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 3406
Likes (Received): 1008
Dislikes (Given): 187
Dislikes (Received): 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReidStylez View Post
They charge with the case they come in. The case they come in I suppose you'd most likely keep them in when you're not using them which is small enough to fit in your pocket pretty easily. I suppose this will also help you keep track of them. My opinion the air pods are an ugly design and wished they would have put more effort into the design. A lot of people are hating on Apple for removing the headphone jack but in reality all cell phones will be going that way soon. Apple just happened to be the first one to take the plunge. You don't have to like it that's for sure. You're more than welcome to buy whatever you like.
I just don't understand it, but I guess that's nothing new with apple. I already have a couple different sets of BT headphones (jaybird and beats) and they work phenomenally and are the same price/cheaper than the shit airpods. Apple gives those shitty buds away with new phones but is charging $160 for them just for cutting off the wires... give me a break! Not to mention every other BT buds on the planet can be charged anywhere in the world if you have a micro-usb cable. Requiring you to have a case everywhere you go is ridiculous.

As for the first to ditch headphone jacks, Lenovo has already done it on a few models and I have yet to hear rave reviews. I have yet to see substantial reviews on how great thunderbolt or usb-type c headphones are, and the only ones that exist are like a half a grand. That also doesn't get into the point that the great thing about the 3.5mm jack is that it's universal. You can use the same headphones on a PC, laptop, android, iPhone, PS4/Xbox controller, etc etc etc. I think ditching the 3.5 jack for proprietary shit is a horrible idea for the consumer - not to mention there's no real need. Imagine needing to borrow a pair of headphones and one guy has usb-type c, one guy has some other new proprietary shit, and nobody has thunderbolt. Two headphones available, none usable, unless you get into the world of fucking dongles and adapters. Do you not remember how annoying it was when every different cell phone manufacturer had proprietary charging ports? I don't think it's a sweet choice to start regressing back in that direction. I just think it's a money grab.

I'd like to add that while claiming thunderbolt headphones will sound "so much better," Apple has nothing along those lines and is instead promoting bluetooth headphones, not a new technology, and NOT one that sounds better than analog. Not to mention connectivity issues etc. I have had issues with multiple BT headsets on multiple phones when it comes to where I hold/keep my phone- bluetooth signals don't travel through the human body that well, and they are on the same band as most wifi. Get ready for occasional (perhaps frequent) interference in phone calls and music playback, something that never happened with Apple's shit little $10 buds.

Last edited by shaun y; 2016-09-08 at 06:48 PM..
shaun y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-09, 09:22 AM   #5080
ReidStylez
Yahh Trick Yahh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun y View Post
I just don't understand it, but I guess that's nothing new with apple. I already have a couple different sets of BT headphones (jaybird and beats) and they work phenomenally and are the same price/cheaper than the shit airpods. Apple gives those shitty buds away with new phones but is charging $160 for them just for cutting off the wires... give me a break! Not to mention every other BT buds on the planet can be charged anywhere in the world if you have a micro-usb cable. Requiring you to have a case everywhere you go is ridiculous. .
I know you can't be that stupid. Is $160 quite a bit for those head phones, yeah, they are. But there is more to it than just cutting off the wires. I know you know that though.

Do your jaybirds/beats know when they are in your ear and only play when they are in your ear? Do they integrate with the iPhone to bring Siri up? Can you instantly switch between your phone and your smart watch with them?

Honestly, I feel the airpods were a complete oversight and I feel like at the very end they were like crap, we need to engineer these things and rushed it. I foresee their 2nd and 3rd iterations will a lot better.
Unread 2016-09-09, 09:29 AM   #5081
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Is the Siri thing earpod only? Because on the android side any bluetooth can trigger the google voice search with a long press.

The whole "only works when in your ear" is kind of cool but I struggle to keep any earbuds in my ear so they will be turning on and off a lot. Plus I wonder how well that optical sensor holds up to sweat (something the jaybirds are warrantied for).
Unread 2016-09-09, 10:05 AM   #5082
ReidStylez
Yahh Trick Yahh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
Is the Siri thing earpod only? Because on the android side any bluetooth can trigger the google voice search with a long press.

The whole "only works when in your ear" is kind of cool but I struggle to keep any earbuds in my ear so they will be turning on and off a lot. Plus I wonder how well that optical sensor holds up to sweat (something the jaybirds are warrantied for).
I thought about that after I posted but either way, it is part of the whole ecosystem.

We will see on how they last. I hope they revamp them for the next version and make them part of the rest of the ecosystem like the ipad and macbook/pro as far as easy switching like the watch and phone.
Unread 2016-09-09, 10:34 AM   #5083
Squeaky192

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 259
Thanks (Received): 176
Likes (Given): 2772
Likes (Received): 1310
Dislikes (Given): 141
Dislikes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlen View Post
Lul
To be fair, just about every Nexus phone that has come out beyond maybe the 6P is kinda a turd specs-wise compared to other Android devices, but Nexus bros will talk up about how it's better utilized and doesn't need the best of specs to run good.

1998 Volvo V70 - I can't get away from them.
1971 Camaro Z28 RS - "Barn Find" -LS/4L80/Strange 9" Restomod Beater
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R - Trouble Maker
Squeaky192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-09, 11:55 AM   #5084
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky192 View Post
To be fair, just about every Nexus phone that has come out beyond maybe the 6P is kinda a turd specs-wise compared to other Android devices, but Nexus bros will talk up about how it's better utilized and doesn't need the best of specs to run good.
Of course then you have the spec nerds who live and die by "my processor has 9 cores!" despite the fact that they arent optimized and suck at actual multi-tasking.
Unread 2016-09-09, 12:34 PM   #5085
Karlen

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 887
Thanks (Received): 481
Likes (Given): 4077
Likes (Received): 4362
Dislikes (Given): 99
Dislikes (Received): 166

Quote:
Because Nexus devices go for $700
Karlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-09, 01:12 PM   #5086
Squeaky192

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 259
Thanks (Received): 176
Likes (Given): 2772
Likes (Received): 1310
Dislikes (Given): 141
Dislikes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlen View Post
Because Nexus devices go for $700
The Nexus 6 was $649 or $699, depending on storage options.

Your cheap Nexus 5X has had tons of problems you bitch about in the other thread.

With that said, the iPhone 7 is silly as hell to me.

1998 Volvo V70 - I can't get away from them.
1971 Camaro Z28 RS - "Barn Find" -LS/4L80/Strange 9" Restomod Beater
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R - Trouble Maker
Squeaky192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-09, 01:42 PM   #5087
Hummer

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 55
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 200
Likes (Received): 118
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 1

I ordered a AW2. I have not purchased a smart watch before and am looking forward to it.
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-09, 03:10 PM   #5088
Ryan Stewart
Mr. Plow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Your cheap Nexus 5X has had tons of problems you bitch about in the other thread.
Not all. I personally know of 6 that are flawless. One that had an issue but the guy finally called Google and they overnighted him a new one that has been great since. For 90% of what people are doing you dont need monster specs, especially in a phone. Maybe for future proofing the phone (as we see with IOS updates sometimes and how they negatively effect older hardware) but how many people actually keep their phones 3 years, not most.

And I am not sure on your prices, the 6p was $500 starting and it had no cutbacks on features. OLED, top Qualcomm chip, 4gb ram, etc.
Unread 2016-09-09, 03:33 PM   #5089
psi_guy

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 22
Dislikes (Given): 1
Dislikes (Received): 13

Got my 7 Plus 32gb pre-ordered this morning. I'm hoping the ship date between 9/27/16 and 10/10/16 is much faster than expected. I read that some wanting the higher capacity jet black models are looking at November for theirs.
psi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-09, 05:06 PM   #5090
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 84
Likes (Received): 347
Dislikes (Given): 8
Dislikes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi_guy View Post
Got my 7 Plus 32gb pre-ordered this morning. I'm hoping the ship date between 9/27/16 and 10/10/16 is much faster than expected. I read that some wanting the higher capacity jet black models are looking at November for theirs.
did you order through a carrier? What was the cost?

I haven't looked at real world costs yet, but my wife and I are both out of contract with ATT and will be upgrading.
bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-09, 06:44 PM   #5091
FOACAD
الكافر المشرف

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 570
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 3830
Dislikes (Given): 27
Dislikes (Received): 148

Ordered an AW2. Will be here next Friday. Didn't have an Apple Watch and had really been wanting one so figured why not get the 2.

As for the iPhone 7. I'll be getting that as well eventually. I have a 6+ and it's a launch model so it's two years old now. If I had a 6s I wouldn't be getting a new one.

I really don't understand why people are freaking out about the 3.5mm Jack being gone. I'm just fine with Bluetooth or using the included adapter. Definitely would rather have the better speaker and sleeker case over a jack I'll never use.
FOACAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-09, 08:54 PM   #5092
psi_guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrusher View Post
did you order through a carrier? What was the cost?

I haven't looked at real world costs yet, but my wife and I are both out of contract with ATT and will be upgrading.
I ordered mine direct through T-Mobile. Cost was nothing up-front since I am in the Jump! On-Demand program. I just turn in my existing device to a store as soon as the new one shows up in the mail. My bill doesn't go up, just a new set of equipment installation plan payments. I realize that at the rate Apple releases new devices, I'll never have a phone paid off, but it allows me the ability to get a new/different phone whenever I want.

If you're asking what the retail cost is for the phone I ordered, I believe it was $769. I think all carriers are offering some kind of trade-in deal to get the base 32gb iPhone 7 for $0 down (with monthly payments). The Plus and higher capacity phones will cost you extra.
Unread 2016-09-09, 09:09 PM   #5093
KUweatherman
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 402
Thanks (Received): 363
Likes (Given): 4962
Likes (Received): 2124
Dislikes (Given): 121
Dislikes (Received): 174

I had a 32GB Black 7 Plus preordered but I cancelled it since the ship date was 9/30. I'll just go in store on the 16th to get one.
Unread 2016-09-09, 09:10 PM   #5094
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
I ordered mine direct through T-Mobile. Cost was nothing up-front since I am in the Jump! On-Demand program. I just turn in my existing device to a store as soon as the new one shows up in the mail. My bill doesn't go up, just a new set of equipment installation plan payments. I realize that at the rate Apple releases new devices, I'll never have a phone paid off, but it allows me the ability to get a new/different phone whenever I want.

If you're asking what the retail cost is for the phone I ordered, I believe it was $769. I think all carriers are offering some kind of trade-in deal to get the base 32gb iPhone 7 for $0 down (with monthly payments). The Plus and higher capacity phones will cost you extra.
gotcha, you like t mobile?

i am about done with ATT
Unread 2016-09-10, 09:53 AM   #5095
Hummer

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 55
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 200
Likes (Received): 118
Dislikes (Given): 3
Dislikes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
Ordered an AW2. Will be here next Friday. Didn't have an Apple Watch and had really been wanting one so figured why not get the 2.
You dog! I got the stainless sport at 2:18 and it will not be delivered until 26-28th.
Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-10, 10:36 AM   #5096
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

best trade in deals?

I see t-mobile will take your 6/6+ and 6s/6s+ towards an iphone 7plus and your real world cost is only $120
Unread 2016-09-10, 10:36 AM   #5097
PSNOUS

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 53
Thanks (Received): 72
Likes (Given): 469
Likes (Received): 281
Dislikes (Received): 2

Anybody an AT&T sales rep on here or know one? I have question and want to verify something
00 ZX-12- gone
Coming soon - Focus RS
PSNOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-10, 10:08 PM   #5098
Mobbes

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 47
Thanks (Received): 79
Likes (Given): 161
Likes (Received): 357
Dislikes (Given): 2
Dislikes (Received): 8

Anyone on VZW they have a KILLER Deal on upgrading to the 7 currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar
New aids is still aids.
Mobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2016-09-11, 02:09 PM   #5099
psi_guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUweatherman View Post
I had a 32GB Black 7 Plus preordered but I cancelled it since the ship date was 9/30. I'll just go in store on the 16th to get one.
It's been my experience with T-Mobile that if you don't pre-order, don't plan on getting one from a store anytime soon. Might be different with other carriers, but I had to wait an even longer time going through a store.

Quote:
gotcha, you like t mobile?

i am about done with ATT
T-Mobile is alright. If you're unhappy with AT&T, you can always give them or Verizon or Sprint a go.

Quote:
best trade in deals?

I see t-mobile will take your 6/6+ and 6s/6s+ towards an iphone 7plus and your real world cost is only $120
I believe all carriers are offering this promo right now if you switching carriers, or own your phone outright. You will still end up with EIP's though (standard nowadays).
Unread 2016-09-11, 02:41 PM   #5100
bonecrusher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
It's been my experience with T-Mobile that if you don't pre-order, don't plan on getting one from a store anytime soon. Might be different with other carriers, but I had to wait an even longer time going through a store.

T-Mobile is alright. If you're unhappy with AT&T, you can always give them or Verizon or Sprint a go.

I believe all carriers are offering this promo right now if you switching carriers, or own your phone outright. You will still end up with EIP's though (standard nowadays).

what is EIP?